Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 16-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
chris

Default Time to increase the grey matter in your brain

Enough of the philosophy,

It's time that you increase the neuronal, neurofibral and dentrite activity in your cerebral cortex. You don't need any bullshit philosophy. If bullshit philosophy is your thing then wouldn't it be good to understand this bullshit philosophy from a more active and densely populated neural network?

Then let's get to it.

The easiest way to increase the grey matter of your brain is to exercise. This greatly increases the neurogenisis in your brain. BDNF is a key component to brain growth and exercise stimulates this 2-3 times and peaks about 2 hours after exericse.

Below are a few photo's of what BDNF does to braincells...

The best kind of exercise to stimulate brain activity is interval training. 400-500 meter sprints followed by short recouporation period is optimal.

So if your are sitting down night after night in lotus posture thinking you are breaking free from the matrix, just think what you can do with more grey matter powering those meditation.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 12:35 AM   #2
andyh
Banned

Very true
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 01:24 AM   #3
caleb_11

The trouble is, Chris, that there are many stupid fit people, and many intelligent unfit people, or people who are healthy but rarely exercise. Yes, you are right to a degree, but there would also be other factors to consider.
"This belonging to another, being psychologically nourished by another, depending on another - in all this there must always be anxiety, fear, jealousy, guilt, and so long as there is fear there is no love; a mind ridden with sorrow will never know what love is; sentimentality and emotionalism have nothing whatsoever to do with love. And so love is not to do with pleasure and desire." - Krishnamurti.
caleb_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 01:36 AM   #4
andyh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb_11 View Post
The trouble is, Chris, that there are many stupid fit people, and many intelligent unfit people, or people who are healthy but rarely exercise. Yes, you are right to a degree, but there would also be other factors to consider.
AFAIK connections between neurons increase when certain areas of the brain are used more often and when different and new areas are put into use.
Supposedly thats down to varied experience and thoughts.
"More input" as number 5 would say.
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 05:46 AM   #5
notthisshitagain
Inactive

Very interesting, thanks for posting this. Bump!
notthisshitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 06:06 AM   #6
crisitunity

No wonder I'm such a super genius!

haha, but seriously, I used to work out like my life depended on it, and I must admit I had a clearer more amped up brain back then. I'm starting to get back to it now finally, this just gives me a bit extra motivation, so thanks!
crisitunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #7
bluezen

what is BDNF ?
bluezen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 08:09 AM   #8
chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb_11 View Post
Who cares?

Now increase the grey matter in your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezen View Post
what is BDNF ?
You joking?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain-d...trophic_factor
Old 17-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #9
bluezen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
No. Maybe i dont have much BDNF then . Tnks thus lol.

Last edited by bluezen; 17-01-2011 at 08:28 AM.
bluezen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #10
elpressiedente

i was working in the lab late one nite

combining water, stainless steel and electricity

after making magnetic water... we placed two 1 once platinum coins in the 'charged' water and connected 24 volts pos and neg to the coins for a few minutes.

then I drank the water...

within seconds i began vivid and heightened awareness.

and bedamned if I couldnt predict future events for the next couple days.
elpressiedente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #11
lesleypumpshaft

There was an article recently that said exercise was the proven way to increase intelligence and cognitive function. That's one in the eye to all the people doing the stupid brain training exercises on the Nintendo DS, all that does is make you better at the puzzles on the DS. I always knew it was a load of cobblers
Old 17-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #12
cooperlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleypumpshaft View Post
There was an article recently that said exercise was the proven way to increase intelligence and cognitive function. That's one in the eye to all the people doing the stupid brain training exercises on the Nintendo DS, all that does is make you better at the puzzles on the DS. I always knew it was a load of cobblers
Probably shouldn't make such a conclusion from reading one single article.
Just because exercise can improve cognitive function doesn't mean that using a Nintendo DS doesn't. Lots of videogames also rely on intricate hand eye co-ordination that may also improve brain function.

Reading one article and making a conclusion is often many people's downfall.
Do you think that all the brilliant scientists and inventors did loads of exercise? No, they probably sat around all day in their pants.
cooperlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #13
chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperlee View Post
Reading one article and making a conclusion is often many people's downfall.
Do you think that all the brilliant scientists and inventors did loads of exercise? No, they probably sat around all day in their pants.
Do you think that I've read just one article? Who said I even read an article...I've read studies. There are tons of them published on the web if you have a look.

As for those scientists sititng down in their pants all day, I don't care if they did. The fact is that they would probably had more grey matter and neuroconnections if they exercised.
Old 17-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #14
hsm123

Also you should know, masturbation compresses grey matter, therfore its not a good thing to do. but real sex does not do this.
hsm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #15
chris

Compesses? By that, do you mean your brain will actually get smaller, though the neural network will be still the same?

I've tried to do a quick google on it and found nothing, could you provide a link?
Old 17-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #16
hsm123

Quote:
Compesses? By that, do you mean your brain will actually get smaller, though the neural network will be still the same?
Sorry i don't know.

Quote:
I've tried to do a quick google on it and found nothing, could you provide a link?
No sorry, i can't find a link either. I read some study about it somewhere. It was long time ago. Can't remember now.

But i mean, i have felt it, lol. Im sure everyone would of masturbated at some point, and i could tell when i use to do it, that it messes you up. Makes you all groggy. I'm ashamed that i use to do it. But no more. When you don't do it your energy levels increase dramatically. Most people masturbate, we really need to stop, and sort our lives out. God help us.

Last edited by hsm123; 17-01-2011 at 07:14 PM.
hsm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #17
chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsm123 View Post
Sorry i don't know.

No sorry, i can't find a link either. I read some study about it somewhere. It was long time ago. Can't remember now.

But i mean, i have felt it, lol. Im sure everyone would of masturbated at some point, and i could tell when i use to do it, that it messes you up. Makes you all groggy. I'm ashamed that i use to do it. But no more. When you don't do it your energy levels increase dramatically. Most people masturbate, we really need to stop, and sort our lives out. God help us.
I hear you,

I wasn't trying to call you out or anything, I just found what you said interesting and would have liked to looked into it further.
Old 17-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #18
pali_gap

Exercising is about developing a healthy habit imo.

When you stay fit for year+ you develop a muscle "memory" and you don't have to exercise every day as all connection are made in the brain.

I found that when I reach a certain level in exercising then even if I neglect it for some time I would retain most of it if I only keep my body weight in control and flex my muscles every now and then.

Most people make a common mistake when they say: I will do this and that each and every day at this and that time.. Its wrong and will make your body weak and make you stop exercising eventually... There is no timeline and plan. Just do it. In the morning, afternoon or evening it doesn't matter, skip days, few day in the row.. Dont make a fuss about it.

Body is a powerful tool

Basic Income
pali_gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #19
pali_gap

this enigma guy spamming the forum?

Basic Income
pali_gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #20
andyh
Banned

Quote: