Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Meditation / Human Consciousness / Spirituality / Ascension / 2012 Mayan Calendar
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 16-12-2010, 09:15 PM   #41
jconnar

Ok, I did a test.

I had 6 cloves of garlic last night.

1 raw and 5 roasted.

Today I am very agitated and on edge.

Don't worry I am staying home today nobody can smell the garlic on me.
jconnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 11:52 PM   #42
zuzu

Garlic is great. Especially garlic mushrooms.
zuzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #43
now here

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick angel View Post
Yogi Bhajan of kundalini yoga fame called onions garlic and Ginger the holy trinity for health.
Really?? Where did you read this?
now here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 12:47 AM   #44
earthicastar

Well, that explains it..

I've eaten about 5 cloves of raw garlic nearly every day for the last 20-30 years

I must be completely brain dead by now.

I havent been bitten by any Vampires tho
earthicastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 02:57 AM   #45
jconnar

Apparently when you are feeling lethargic it is good because it simulates your body.
jconnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 03:41 AM   #46
let it shine

Hm. This is really interesting, biblegirl. I've never noticed anything change in myself from consuming garlic before, but I do know that eating in general can lower spiritual connection and 'psychic' ability. That's why fasting is prescribed for cleansing the mind and body and soul. I feel so much healthier when I fast.

I also eat a lot of garlic and onions when I do eat. I don't think it could hurt to try cutting them out of my diet for a bit and see what happens.

This also reminds me of a part in the Qur'an that describes the Exodus of Moses and his people. God sent them manna and quails to eat when they were journeying, but they weren't satisfied with it, so they said:

Quote:
"O Moses! we cannot endure one kind of food (always); so beseech thy Lord for us to produce for us of what the earth groweth, - its pot-herbs, and cucumbers, Its garlic, lentils, and onions." He said: "Will ye exchange the better for the worse? Go ye down to any town, and ye shall find what ye want!"
It's really interesting to me that those things are considered worse than the manna and quail birds.

Really makes me think that there might be something to this.
let it shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 04:40 AM   #47
biblegirl

thank you for that reference let it shine, interesting indeed!
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 05:04 AM   #48
let it shine

Is that part in the Bible too? Or any other references to garlic?

Edit:

Ah, Google!

Quote:
Garlic is mentioned only once in the Bible, but it is done so in a way that makes the reader very much aware of how much the person speaking cherished it. "We remember the fish which we used to eat free in Egypt, the cucumbers, the melons and the leeks and the onions and the garlic". Numbers 11:5.

Last edited by let it shine; 17-12-2010 at 05:11 AM.
let it shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #49
batou
Banned

Onions and garlic are disgusting. In WV people eat ramps and sweat out the stench. It's nasty. Fuck all that.
batou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #50
engelsblume

I know a local guy who sells organic grown garlic and makes some sort of a garlic whiskey or something with it. And people have been thanking him left and right because they got rid of their illnesses. And there was one lady thanking him because his recipes cured her daughter from cancer.

One of my family members went to see the guy this week and it was so hard to get to him. LOADS of people falling over each other to get his products.

So from what I've seen and heard I don't think it's bad. But who knows nowadays anymore.
Old 17-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #51
truthseeker1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
Deadly nightshade is a natural vegetable too. Still has an effect on your health.

You're missing the point. Most cheese isn't particularly processed either. We're not talking cheese spread here, or cheese flavoured crisps.. Milk too. It's not a particularly 'processed' food stuff.
Yeh deadly nightshade, the clue is in it's name, deadly.

No I'm not really missing the point you are with regards to what I meant by processed.

Not processed as in chicken nuggets or hamburger cheese, even tho it does mean the same, i mean processed as having been through a proces which changes it from what it was originally.

All milk unless you drink it from the cows teet is processed, Cows Milk is not supposed to be ingested by humans anyway, so am surprised this is in that diet. Whereas garlic and onions isn't.

All cheese is processed, it's been through a process to make it cheese from milk, changed from what it was originaly, again it's 'COWS' milk so not supposed to be ingested by humans.

bread even if you bake your own is processed, the wheat has been changed from it's natural state into flour so is processed.

This is what reiki teaches to try and avoid processed foods, such as bread, pasta, milk....

Hindu's DO NOT avoid garlic and onions. India is a mainly Hindu country and invented the curry, have you ever had or heard of a curry with no onions or garlic in it? India is one of the most spiritual countries on the planet yet they live off garlic and onions.

Last edited by truthseeker1980; 17-12-2010 at 11:08 AM.
truthseeker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #52
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by let it shine View Post
I also eat a lot of garlic and onions when I do eat. I don't think it could hurt to try cutting them out of my diet for a bit and see what happens.
It can't hurt to try. I, however, went from regular onion & garlic intake to none at all for a month, because I had no money for food, and didn't see an iota of difference in my spirituality, psychic awareness or dreams. As soon as I got some money, first thing I did was get my onions and garlic - they're the basis of every meal round here!

I Am Warrior, Queen Tantrum

Last edited by armoured_amazon; 17-12-2010 at 12:04 PM.
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #53
tornado

Quote:
The flight surgeon would come around every month and remind all of us: "Don't you dare touch any garlic 72 hours before you fly one of our airplanes, because it'll double or triple your reaction time. You're three times slower than you would be if you'd [not] had a few drops of garlic."
This is due to the anti-stress effect of garlic, it is like a calmant.
tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 03:47 PM   #54
mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoured_amazon View Post
It can't hurt to try. I, however, went from regular onion & garlic intake to none at all for a month, because I had no money for food, and didn't see an iota of difference in my spirituality, psychic awareness or dreams. As soon as I got some money, first thing I did was get my onions and garlic - they're the basis of every meal round here!
Me too! I love them both
Old 17-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #55
zsymon

Everything that person said about garlic and onions, is complete rubbish.

Garlic and onions have a cleansing and protecting effect for dark energy. It
disempowers darkness in some instances, so if there is a temple that forbids
garlic or onion, then that means that temple is using dark energies in their
rituals. If there is a reiki healer or shaman warning about garlic, then they
are involved with negative, dark energy practices.. OR they just don't know
any better.. they were told by someone and they believed it blindly.

If your intentions are loving, then garlic and onion can be used to empower
your psychic abilities of healing and cleansing, as it helps to prevent dark
energy from messing with you.

So for those who thrive on darkness, garlic is bad news, for those who thrive
on love and healing, garlic is very helpful. This is probably also where the
myth about vampires being allergic to garlic comes from, since garlic has a
great weakening effect on those that use dark energies.

Point is, don't trust anyone who says garlic weakens your abilities, because
he is most likely involved with dark energies and black magic. If you have
love in your heart, if you want to heal rather than cause suffering, then
garlic will empower your psychic abilities, rather than weaken them.

Last edited by zsymon; 17-12-2010 at 04:27 PM.
zsymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #56
jim77

i dont eat garlic myself because i find it repulsive, it stinks, but my mother always says she cant sleep when she eats it, she still eats it though.
jim77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #57
edelweiss pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsymon View Post
Everything that person said about garlic and onions, is complete rubbish.

Garlic and onions have a cleansing and protecting effect for dark energy. It
disempowers darkness in some instances

Pot kettle black.....

How pray tell does garlic disempower darkness?

I know they're called garlic BULBS but they don't help you see in the dark budski.

You talk a lot of what some people might call 'rubbish' yourself so don't be so quick to throw that word around.

I think the OP has a point. Like I say, it's hardly a new idea, the idea that onions and garlic has a 'stimulating' effect on the body is not new. But perhaps if one was seeking a meditative and transcending frame of mind physical stimulation would be the last thing you would want.

Get it?

NEW!...My NEW blog..... visit the all new brand-new, new Truthatron .... It's NEW!

Or visit the old one....Illuminati analysis, music and belly fluff! INSIDER INFO
edelweiss pirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #58
biblegirl

Default some more things to consider

I used to put garlic and onion in almost EVERYTHING I made, especially garlic. I love the taste of those oven roated cloves yum yum. Anyway when I decided to stop eating it for a month then resumed, I realized a few things.

1. onions seem to overwhelm your tear ducts and can make slicing them up quite miserable. Why? If onions are good for us, why should it have this effect, as if our body were trying to get poison out of its system?

2. cutting garlic or onions in the kitchen seems to contaminate EVERYTHING smell-wise. Can't get the smell out of my fingers, or the cutting board, or the countertop where a piece fell, or the washcloth that I used to clean the countertop afterward. The only way that smell seemed to truly go away is after mulitiple washings. I almost felt like it "ruined" some of my washcloths because I couldn't get the smell out after cleaning up with it. So in the OP, Robert Beck mentions that it permeates your whole body rather fast, to where you can smell it on your hand if you apply it to your foot.

3. Garlic can burn you. Why? If it is good for us, why would it burn and blister our skin from direct application?

4. Why do we reek (body odor and breath) after having garlic for one night? I did not notice this so much until I stopped eating garlic then had it once. It was so gross, I didn't want to even be around myself .

edit: 5. Garlic and onion is used in almost all seasonings for junk foods and processed foods. You realize this when you want to try abstaining for garlic for a while. It's in BBQ sauce, salad dressing, most kinds of dipping sauce, taco seasoning, teriaki sauce, alfredo sauce, spaghetti sauce, used to season meat, fried batter, etc. etc. I would say the average American gets huge doses of garlic just eating crap processed foods and restaraunt food. Surely this is an "inferior" form of garlic, since it is processed. You can still taste it though, and it can still make you smell really bad. Just food for thought.

My point is that these things do not seem characteristic of a food that is BENEFICIAL for us healthwise. I am interested to hear what other people think of these things.

Last edited by biblegirl; 17-12-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: added more
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #59
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
I used to put garlic and onion in almost EVERYTHING I made, especially garlic. I love the taste of those oven roated cloves yum yum. Anyway when I decided to stop eating it for a month then resumed, I realized a few things.

1. onions seem to overwhelm your tear ducts and can make slicing them up quite miserable. Why? If onions are good for us, why should it have this effect, as if our body were trying to get poison out of its system?
I can honestly say I've never cried cutting onions. My mum does, so I think it's a combination of variety of onion and personal biochemistry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
2. cutting garlic or onions in the kitchen seems to contaminate EVERYTHING smell-wise. Can't get the smell out of my fingers, or the cutting board, or the countertop where a piece fell, or the washcloth that I used to clean the countertop afterward. The only way that smell seemed to truly go away is after mulitiple washings. I almost felt like it "ruined" some of my washcloths because I couldn't get the smell out after cleaning up with it. So in the OP, Robert Beck mentions that it permeates your whole body rather fast, to where you can smell it on your hand if you apply it to your foot....My point is that these things do not seem characteristic of a food that is BENEFICIAL for us healthwise. I am interested to hear what other people think of these things.
LOL stop eating it, then.

I Am Warrior, Queen Tantrum
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #60
zsymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
Pot kettle black.....

How pray tell does garlic disempower darkness?

I know they're called garlic BULBS but they don't help you see in the dark budski.

You talk a lot of what some people might call 'rubbish' yourself so don't be so quick to throw that word around.

I think the OP has a point. Like I say, it's hardly a new idea, the idea that onions and garlic has a 'stimulating' effect on the body is not new. But perhaps if one was seeking a meditative and transcending frame of mind physical stimulation would be the last thing you would want.

Get it?
Garlic disempowers negative forces the same way white sage
smoke cleanses yourself or your home from negative forces.

That is why some temples don't just advise against garlic, they
actually forbid it.

But I agree, I shouldn't have called it rubbish.

Last edited by zsymon; 17-12-2010 at 07:57 PM.
zsymon is offline   Reply With Quote