Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Mythological Creatures / Cryptozoology / Mysteries / Paranormal
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2010, 02:05 AM   #1
size_of_light
Inactive

Default Louisiana Swamp Monster - New Photo

A deer hunter at Berwick, Louisiana, has captured a strange image of something wandering through the Louisiana woods at night. The hunter near Baton Rouge reported to the media that he found this bizarre image on his deer stand camera.

(continued at: http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/la-pic/ )
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:30 AM   #2
phemohilia
Banned

That is about freaky as Hell!!

I do not for one minute doubt the phenomena of unexplained creatures or other animal-human-like beings, but as one of the comments said from that page the more advanced computer technology gets (especially that available to the public) the harder it'll be to tell what's real and what's not. Kewl story though!!!
phemohilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:33 AM   #3
don coyote

The eyes are phony as Hell, but the rest looks pretty interesting.
don coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:44 AM   #4
yellow jacket

it reminds me a lot of this video of a fallen angel in spain (supposedly debunked)

yellow jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
biblegirl

run forest, RUNNN
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:39 AM   #6
alienbiketrail

I don't know what that thing is but there has been some sightings of strange critters back in the deep woods along the Sabine river by some very responsible people.
alienbiketrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:15 AM   #7
tits mcgee
Banned

Photoshop is a wonderful application.
tits mcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
rockinrobinsuk

Default Dec. 2010: The "eerie creature" of Berwick, Louisi

This is one creepy looking creature
watch the whole video and comment please. The video makes some good points Real or Hoax
rockinrobinsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #9
largejack

Default The Spider-man ghoul

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ht-camera.html
largejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #10
rayne

To me, it looks very cgi.
rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #11
majestic1

Reminds me of the same thing that was caught on that fallen angel footage from Spain.

Last edited by majestic1; 11-12-2010 at 05:28 PM.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #12
newworldengineer

Location: Caught up at the border of the living and the dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Reminds me of the same thing that was caught on that fallen angel footage from Spain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCqqRUHeSFw
awww he looks down in the dumps before the guys with the camera startle him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayne View Post
To me, it looks very cgi.
How do we know these supernatural entities don't look cgi-like? I mean I had a really lucid dream involving some huge wierd fiery sucubus creature tricking me, that to me looked like CGI cos of its transparant fire ember-like body. Ok so not the best thing to back up my point but you know, it's almost like if any picture of a super natural creature comes out now, not only has it been photoshopped but completely computer generated too

I wasn't having a dig by the way, I was just generalizing.
"Because we suggest a model of time whose mathematics dictate a built-in spiral structure, events keep gathering themselves into tighter and tighter spirals that lead inevitably to a final time. Like the center of a black hole, the final time is a necessary singularity, a domain or an event in which the ordinary laws of physics do not function" - Terrence Mckenna

http://www.youtube.com/redherringmedia
newworldengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #13
redman

That looks fake as fuck.
redman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #14
bluechip

I'm from Michigan and I thought everybody in Louisiana from the back woods looked like that.
bluechip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #15
size_of_light
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by largejack View Post
Quote:
and one comment posted claimed the figure had been stolen from a video game he had seen two years ago.
So some random online boob claims he saw a video game 'two years ago' with the figure in it? What this really means is that the poster who made this claim doesn't remember which game it was and can't find a photo of the figure to compare it to, or it wouldn't just be described as 'a video game he had seen two years ago'.

Quote:
Conspiracy theorists will no doubt note the similarity between the figure's crouching pose and that used by Spider-Man,
Well that's just a ridiculous thing to say.

I hate the Daily Mail.

Here's a techno remix version of the 'Fallen Angel' creature from Spain that repeats the shot back and forth so you can get a good look at it's face:

Spain Forest Creature:

Somebody posted above that this has been debunked. Any links to that?

Here's a couple of stills of that little fella:

And here's a better enhancement I did of the hunter's trailcam image. Whoever did the enhancement on the cryptomundo page totally botched it up and made the eyes look fake, when with a proper brightness adjustment they look much more natural:

That took ten seconds to do.

So why are cryptomundo - the "go to" site for these sorts of things - posting an enhancement instead that immediately makes everybody who sees it think it's fake?

Last edited by size_of_light; 12-12-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #16
size_of_light
Inactive

Cousins?

Old 11-12-2010, 11:44 PM   #17
size_of_light
Inactive

Here's the same 'faked eye' photo used in the MSNBC segment, where two newsreader bimbos make the usual inane comments with X-Files music playing in the background:

Also check out also the Yahoo News story below. The title says it all when it comes to the mainstream media's approach to these sorts of things:

Quote:
Hilariously fake Louisiana ‘swamp monster’, ugh, raises eyebrows

This is why slow news days are dangerous.

A viewer who asked to remain anonymous (hmmm...nothing fishy about that!) submitted a photo taken by a camera mounted on a deer stand of an "alien-looking thing" to WVLA -- the NBC affiliate in Baton Rouge, La. Some are calling it a "swamp monster." MSNBC even ran a segment on it this afternoon, and Twitter is all, well, atwitter over it. So will this be the next "monster" to captivate the nation?

Probably not.

The unnamed viewer claims that picture was taken in Berwick, La, a tiny community near the coastal town of Morgan City, La, and that the camera that took it, along with the deer stand it was mounted to, were destroyed, presumably by the creature captured in the photo. However, the camera's SIM card remained intact, allowing the owner to retrieve the pictures off of it.

You can watch a WVLA story on the photo below:

Seeing as Baton Rouge, and indeed, most of Louisiana, has become Hollywood South in recent years, our first thought was that this might be an attempt at viral marketing for an upcoming film. But as it turns out, it's most likely just a lame prank being played by run-of-the-mill tricksters.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...aises-eyebrows
The link from the Yahoo site that they use to support their claim it's "most likely just a lame prank being played by run-of-the-mill tricksters" goes here:

Quote:
NBC 33 Baton Rouge might have frightened a good part of the population during a recent news cast.

The news comes via IO9 and was reportedly taken on a reserve in Berwick near Morgan City. The person who submitted the picture chooses to remain anonymous claims the picture comes from a deer cam. The anonymous donor also claims the entire camp was massacred.

The camera, which must detect movement triggering it to snap a picture, was also destroyed. The SDHC card however, somehow remained intact during the destruction according to the submitter.

Sounds like a not so elaborate hoax to me, but if not, could it be viral marketing for a film or television show? Is it possible that JJ Abrams' "Super 8" has started their viral marketing? Maybe a video game?

What do you think?

Looks like our very own Mac McCoy might have uncovered the mystery. He found another photo with a different time stamp 11/30/10 featuring the same creature in the same pose. The corner of the photo also features a company name in the bottom left hand corner "Wildgame Innovations"

Some research into the company reveals it is a hunting site that specializes in these types of cameras. It is possible that the company is using this humanoid to drum up business for their cameras.

http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.c...marketing.html
No mention of where thinkmcflythink's "very own Mac McCoy" found "another photo" with a different timestamp on it however, so it's hardly evidence of fakery at this point.

I could just as easily change the timestamp on Photoshop, put a sizeoflight logo in the bottom corner instead and then there'd be another version of it floating around too.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:03 AM   #18
size_of_light
Inactive

Quote:
Update: This appears to be a hoax. See the posting and comments that follow at our new entry, here.

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/la-pic/

Louisiana Photo: Super 8 Viral Marketing!!

The site io9 is noting that according to Movieweb, the above image is Super 8 viral marketing that began on a hunting supply site’s Facebook page and wended its way to mainstream media:

It first appeared on Wildgame Innovation’s Facebook page. It is a picture reportedly snapped by a deer hunter on a reserve in Berwick, near Morgan City, Louisianna [sic]. It was originally being passed off as real, but now inside sources close to the production say its actually a viral image from Super 8. There is even video from a young Weirton, West Virginia extra called “Crying Girl”, who talks about having a run in with this creature in the movie.
There's a clip at the above link for this "Crying Girl" extra, but it wont load for me.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:26 AM   #19
disorder2k8
Inactive

Yeah I've heard of super 8, its the new film by JJ Abrams and I think Spielberg is part of it.

As for the pic, it does look a bit dodgy.

Last edited by disorder2k8; 12-12-2010 at 05:28 AM.
disorder2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:33 AM   #20
size_of_light
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder2k8 View Post
Yeah I've heard of super 8, its the new film by JJ Abrams and I think Spielberg is part of it.

As for the pic, it does look a bit dodgy.
I've looked at the io9.com page and also movieweb.com and there's still nothing that really establishes it's connected to Super 8, or to a game called Resistance 3, which is another claim.

Cryptomundo are once again distorting things by announcing the hoax, since here's what io9.com actually say:

Quote:
In the (fairly mundane) video, the girl talks about being trapped on a plane, where a "zombie" attacks her and her mother. Frankly, I'm of the mind that these "viral marketing" allegations are just a cover-up for the chupacabra factory Uncle Sam's running down in the Louisiana bayou.

http://io9.com/5712029/is-the-louisi...iral-marketing
Wouldn't surprise me at all if it is does turn out to be viral marketing, but so far there's only rumours floating around that it is.

Last edited by size_of_light; 12-12-2010 at 05:34 AM.