Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
firepoet
Banned

Default Cobalt-60 stolen from foundry.

Radioactive material stolen from foundry

Poland's state nuclear agency said yesterday a small amount of radioactive cobalt stolen from a foundry in the east of the country is too small to pose a risk. The theft of between five and seven containers with cobalt-60 was discovered last month during stocktaking at the bankrupt and shuttered Ursus foundry in Lublin.

Spokeswoman Monika Skotniczna said the cobalt – used in machines that made technical measurements – did not pose a threat to the public due to the quantity and its age.

"These are old sources, so they don't have high activity," Ms Skotniczna said. The only danger is if the cobalt-60 is taken out of its lead shields, but even then "it's not life threatening", she said.

Although cobalt can be used to make a "dirty bomb", Ms Skotniczna said the quantity stolen was too small to make anything dangerous.

"The amount is too small. It is useless for terrorists," she said. She said the containers, weighing dozens of kilograms each, were probably stolen by scrap-metal thieves.

Poland has informed the European Union and neighbouring countries of the theft, in line with international regulations. Croatia's state-run Institute for Radiological and Nuclear Safety said it has asked customs services to be extra vigilant.

Germany's federal police and customs agency said it was not aware of the reports of the stolen cobalt and border controls had not been changed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...y-2154921.html

Some of the comments from the readers are very interesting. Cobalt-60 is one of the most dangerous radioactive materials you can get. When dozens of kilos get stolen and a government spokesperson says don't worry it's not dangerous.
firepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #2
zen_anarchy

well i can guess what tim riffat will be on about in the next rense show

cobalt 60 added to a normal bomb can create a dirty bomb style attack irradiating areas for years and efectivly making certain areas off limits

obviously more has been stolen than we are being told
zen_anarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
johnny botwright
Banned

Exclamation demostrations in London

good job this was not thrown at charles and camilias car.
or used on the houses of parilment, by demostraters.

there would have been no vote.

or vise versa no student protest, no able bodied students. johnny

Last edited by johnny botwright; 10-12-2010 at 03:31 PM.
johnny botwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #4
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen_anarchy View Post
well i can guess what tim riffat will be on about in the next rense show

cobalt 60 added to a normal bomb can create a dirty bomb style attack irradiating areas for years and efectivly making certain areas off limits

obviously more has been stolen than we are being told
A large enough one of these deposited in the oil rich producing areas of Saudi Arabia or other giants would create quite a rukkus I reconn.

Then Iran would have some pretty expensive stocks which they woulld sell like there's no tomorow
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
firepoet
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the apprentice View Post
A large enough one of these deposited in the oil rich producing areas of Saudi Arabia or other giants would create quite a rukkus I reconn.

Then Iran would have some pretty expensive stocks which they woulld sell like there's no tomorow

I wonder how many Israelis are learning how to dance on the roofs of white vans?
firepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #6
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by firepoet View Post
I wonder how many Israelis are learning how to dance on the roofs of white vans?
Quite a few now that the agenda is for the removal of the Pakistani nuclear weapons, I really hope the Iranians get their weapon, this will make them a tad pissed knowing they won't be able to get the oil for their western masters or is that their slaves.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote