Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Nutrition / Diet / Alternative Therapies / Healing
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 30-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
aquaponics4life

Default Probiotic Milk Kefir Extraordinary Health Benefits

Kefir grains are a living culture, a complex symbiosis of more than 30 micro flora that form grain structures in milk. As the kefir grains ferment the milk they grow, creating new grains in the process. Kefir milk from live grains is an endlessly self-propagating process.

Kefir is a refreshing cultured-milk beverage which can be consumed plain or in a delicious fruit smoothie. The grains originated in the northern slopes of the Caucasus Mountains, believed to date back at least 1,000 years. The tribes-folk of this particular region who possibly developed kefir by shear accident consumed the nutritious beverage in large quantities. These people were known for living long and disease free lives. An active life span of over one hundred years to one hundred forty was common for people living in the region where kefir was cultured and consumed as part of a staple diet.

Kefir Health Benefits-
Kefir has many reputed health benefits. Kefir is the strongest natural remedy against any allergy and is the strongest natural antibiotic without side effects. Kefir treats liver disease, gallbladder, kidney stones, irritable bowel syndrome, gastritis, pancreatitis, ulcers, colon cancer, candida, hypertension, psoriasis, eczema, inflammatory diseases, heart disease, lung infections, acne, parodontosis, diarrhea, constipation, sleeping disorders, depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, yeast infection, arthritis, colitis, gout, rheumatism, stomach disorders, stomach cramps, chronic intestine infections, liver infections, asthma, bronchitis, sclerosis, anemia, hepatitis, and leaky gut syndrome.

Kefir dissolves gall bladder stones, lowers levels of LDL cholesterol, cleans the gastrointestinal tract, stop growth of cancer cells, reduces the size of tumors, speeds up healing processes, reverses calcination of blood vessels, cleans blood vessels, boosts energy, normalizes metabolism, nourishes hair, regulates blood pressure, lowers blood sugar, lowers blood lipid (fat) levels, promotes healthy bowel movement, has anti-stress properties, eliminates vaginal odors, cures wrinkles, cures migranes, detoxifies the body, prevents metastasis, and cures bad morning breath.

Kefir has healing effects on catarrh, digestive nodes, astral nodes, bilous complaints. When milk becomes kefir the protein quality is enhanced while vitamins, minerals, absorption and digestion improve. Kefir improves the brains neuro functions - our reflexes, memory retention, attention, the five senses. Kefir balances the microflora in our digestive system while providing enzymes for optimal digestion. It replenishes the good bacteria in our bodies after taking antibiotics, lessens effects of medicine, has anti- oxidant and anti-aging properties, and cleans blood vessels.
Kefir also removes heavy metals from our bodies, salts, chemicals, and alcoholic products. In addition to beneficial bacteria and yeast, kefir contains many vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes - calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin B, B2, B3, B6, B12, Folic Acid, vitamin K, vitamin A and vitamin D . Tryptophan, one of the essential amino acids abundant in kefir, is known for its relaxing effect on the nervous system. Because Kefir also has an abundance of calcium and magnesium, also important minerals for a healthy nervous system, kefir can have a particularly calming effect on the nerves.

Kefir is made simply by adding milk kefir grains to milk (raw or pasteurized), which then ferment the milk into kefir over a 24 hour period.

I got this information and my kefir grains from Livekefirgrains.com.

Last edited by aquaponics4life; 31-10-2010 at 06:20 PM.
aquaponics4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
blue2

I wonder what is added into this in the way of sugars etc? exactly what is it made from? is it dairy free?
blue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
marina2012
Banned

Exclamation

hmmm... how to make kefir, that's easy:
1. milk the cow
2. leave the milk in the bucket for a few days (not cold temperatures)
3. pick the sour cream that forms on top
4. mix well the rest
5. there you go

ps.
... assuming you have a cow, there's online offers buy one get one free

they also say you add ferments, nope, you don't have to add anything, milk has its own ferments... just needs time, as i said, a couple of days

marina2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
aquaponics4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina2012 View Post
hmmm... how to make kefir, that's easy:
1. milk the cow
2. leave the milk in the bucket for a few days (not cold temperatures)
3. pick the sour cream that forms on top
4. mix well the rest
5. there you go

ps.
... assuming you have a cow, there's online offers buy one get one free

they also say you add ferments, nope, you don't have to add anything, milk has its own ferments... just needs time, as i said, a couple of days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir
That is not kefir. The kefir i'm talking about is made with milk kefir grains. The grains ferment the milk and protect it from spoiling, it does not ferment by spoiling. Doing it the way you have posted, you would not get any probiotic benefits as you are not using kefir grains. Here's a wikipedia link on the grains-
Old 30-10-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
aquaponics4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
I wonder what is added into this in the way of sugars etc? exactly what is it made from? is it dairy free?
It is made with Kefir grains ( ) and with milk.
You add milk with the kefir grains, which ferment the milk in a 24 hour period. The grains keep the milk from spoiling. A lot of information is also on livekefirgrains.com
Old 31-10-2010, 04:36 AM   #6
loomings

I make it all the time. It's very easy and fun. It is nothing like the kefir you buy at the store- you can't keep those cultures going as there are no grains.

I believe it is extremely healthy and it makes me feel great.
My favorite way to have it is blended with frozen wild blueberries and honey, but I like it plain too.

My wife cannot stand the flavor but she does not like strong flavors or any other fermented foods.
loomings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 05:43 AM   #7
thefreeradical

So it's grains you put in cow milk to make it ferment in a certain way?

Its benefits are exciting but I'm loathe to support the dairy industry and can't see how cow's milk from a shop would have anything left in it to react with the kefir and cause all the cultures to develop. I'm happy to be wrong, educate me
Is it only cow's milk which produces this remarkable effect with kefir?
thefreeradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #8
profound

I am not sure what are kefir grains are exactly even after watching several youtube videos. Looks like something I would want to make though for proported benefits.
profound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 08:59 AM   #9
robbyblade

Only use RAW milk from grass-fed cows or goats. (or any other healthy mammal I guess)

Pasteurized milk works with kefir grains, but pasteurized milk is just not good for you. (They just need lactose or sugar to grow and reproduce.) Pasteurized milk is cooked milk, and when you cook food and let it "spoil" you get toxic byproducts. When you let raw food age, you just get more healthy bacteria.

Some people call it "kefir" without kefir grains by just letting milk culture on its own, but you will have a less diverse population of bacterial strands. Also, you won't get the CO2 build-up and therefore you won't get the fizz you get with grains. (This is because of the yeasts present in kefir grains) It's more accurately called drinkable yogurt in my humble opinion. They're just words though I guess. Also, I think a big difference with using kefir grains, is you will have yeast present. Where as without them you will have a yeast-free kefir or yogurt.

Raw milk doesn't really go "bad." It just builds more and more bacteria in it.
robbyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #10
blue2

Think i'll take a rain check on this one...people can have allergies to cows milk and lactose and grains and if you have a known or unknown systemic candida overgrowth really not a good idea at all. Stick to raw goats milk and see www.red23.co.uk for this...has interesting info on this.

Last edited by blue2; 31-10-2010 at 09:33 AM.
blue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #11
thefreeradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyblade View Post
Only use RAW milk from grass-fed cows or goats. (or any other healthy mammal I guess)

Pasteurized milk works with kefir grains, but pasteurized milk is just not good for you. (They just need lactose or sugar to grow and reproduce.) Pasteurized milk is cooked milk, and when you cook food and let it "spoil" you get toxic byproducts. When you let raw food age, you just get more healthy bacteria.

Some people call it "kefir" without kefir grains by just letting milk culture on its own, but you will have a less diverse population of bacterial strands. Also, you won't get the CO2 build-up and therefore you won't get the fizz you get with grains. (This is because of the yeasts present in kefir grains) It's more accurately called drinkable yogurt in my humble opinion. They're just words though I guess. Also, I think a big difference with using kefir grains, is you will have yeast present. Where as without them you will have a yeast-free kefir or yogurt.

Raw milk doesn't really go "bad." It just builds more and more bacteria in it.
Thank you angel, that makes sense.
Old 31-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #12
lizzyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyblade View Post
or any other healthy mammal?

"hey honey, can get a little from the left side while Jr is busy on the right? I need some for my kefir."
lizzyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #13
aquaponics4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreeradical View Post
So it's grains you put in cow milk to make it ferment in a certain way?

Its benefits are exciting but I'm loathe to support the dairy industry and can't see how cow's milk from a shop would have anything left in it to react with the kefir and cause all the cultures to develop. I'm happy to be wrong, educate me
Is it only cow's milk which produces this remarkable effect with kefir?
you can see what the grains look like on this site - livekefirgrains.com. you can use cows, sheeps, goats, any kind of milk -pasteurized or raw. since I live in a place where I cannot own my own cow or goat I use regular pasteurized milk from the store (non rbst) and it works perfect. Over a 24 hour period, the milk interacts with the yeasts and beneficial bacteria that make up the grains, and they ferment the milk into kefir, providing all of the extraordinary health benefits.
Old 31-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #14
aquaponics4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by profound View Post
I am not sure what are kefir grains are exactly even after watching several youtube videos. Looks like something I would want to make though for proported benefits.
You can see a close up of the grains at Livekefirgrains.com
Old 31-10-2010, 05:40 PM   #15
aquaponics4life

Quote:
Think i'll take a rain check on this one...people can have allergies to cows milk and lactose and grains and if you have a known or unknown systemic candida overgrowth really not a good idea at all. Stick to raw goats milk and see www.red23.co.uk for this...has interesting info on this.
Raw milk is hard to come by in most places in the U.S.. Pasteurized milk works fine with kefir grains as long as it doesn't have the RBST growth hormone.
Old 31-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #16
aquaponics4life

Wink

Quote:
My dad had really bad candida. That was the initial reason for us getting the kefir grains. After drinking the kefir for about a month, his Candida disappeared. He had it really bad his whole life and now doesn't, thanks to kefir.
Old 31-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #17
robbyblade

The yeasts in kefir grains are beneficial yeasts. There is actually a cannibalistic sister strain of candida in kefir grains that eats candida, which of course helps people that have an overgrowth of candida.

Also, they're not really "grains" in the normal sense of what we think grains are. It's not like eating wheat, oats, or barley. They look like cauliflower, and you're not really eating them. You're just eating the bacteria that they give off.
robbyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #18
theperceivingeye

Thanks for the info robby blade.... I have to go to the next state over to get raw milk or get my own animals... but I plan to do the first one soon. I got some kefir grains recently and it said to "boil" the (presumably already pastuerized milk) before adding the kefir...

Hivemind Radio
theperceivingeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #19
thefreeradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyking View Post
or any other healthy mammal?

"hey honey, can get a little from the left side while Jr is busy on the right? I need some for my kefir."
Haha.
"Hey Lizzy, help me catch that kangaroo then hold it down while I milk it."

aquaponics, this is really cool, I love finding out about new amazing health things. I appreciate you sharing all this. I'll have to look into finding raw milk round here.
Old 31-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #20
jr93
Inactive

sounds amazing i'll have to get some sooner or later..!
jr93 is offline   Reply With Quote