Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > UFOs / ETs / Anunnaki / Orbs / Crop Circles / Solar System / Space
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #1
hagbard_celine

Default The Solway Firth "Spaceman"

On May 23 1964 Jim Templeton, a fireman from Carlisle, Cumbria, took his wife and 5 years old daughter out to on Burgh Marsh near the Solway Firth to take some photographs. They parked and walked out over a field with a lovely view. "All the animals on that particular day were away on the other end of the marsh, all huddled together, as though they'd been frightened." Jim said.

The weather was warm and sunny, and everything seemed normal. At a good spot they decided to take a photograph of his daughter in her new dress sitting with a bunch of hand-picked flowers. The snap taken, they moved off and took many more pictures of the walk.

A few days later Jim got his photographs back from the chemist. The man behind the counter said that it was a pity that the strange man in a costume had walked past had spoilt the best shot of Elizabeth holding a bunch of flowers. Jim was puzzled. There had been nobody else on the marshes nearby at the time. But sure enough, on the picture in question there was something odd: overlooking her left shoulder, at a canted angle, was what appeared to be a man in a bizarre all-in-one white suit with a tinted visor.

I've heard of this case before but never seen this picture in colour. I read about the case in Janet and Colin Bord's Modern Mysteies of Britain, but the picture they reproduced was black and white. I used to assume it was taken with a black and white camera, but not now. It looks far more impressive in colour and harder to write off as a fault on the film of a crushed insect in the photolab. Notice how the entity is definitely behind little Elizabeth's head and doesn't overlap it.

By porterboy

By porterboy

I'm not surprised to find out that Jim Templeton was harrassed by Men-in-black in the weeks following the incident. This was many years before the concept of men-in-black became well-known in popular culture. I've recently spoken to other people who've been visted by these frightening people, (if indeed they are people in the sense we understand it). The person dressed in a white suit like the one in this case are common too and I know several people who've enountered them. If you can't see their face then it's not really safe to assume that whatever is inside the costume is an ordinary human.

Look at the picture again and see the unnatural position of the being's arm. It looks as a normal arm would look seen from behind, yet the head looks likes it would shot from the front.

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 12:58 AM   #2
aitch
Banned

Fascinating ..... got any links to other sources of the story ?
aitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 07:05 AM   #3
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by aitch View Post
Fascinating ..... got any links to other sources of the story ?
Here's where I found the colour pic:http://www.ufologie.net/htm/solwayfirth64.htm

My friedn Ellis Taylor told me about it:http://www.ellisctaylor.com/doggeddays.html

The article points out something else new to me: In the backgrouns on the horizon of the photo is a nuclear power plant. Could this have a connection?

Old 13-11-2007, 07:56 AM   #4
raffles
Inactive

I remember watching a tv show called nationwide in the 70s and they had a feature on ufo's and they showed that picture, for some reason it freaked the hell out of me, mind you i was only about 7.
raffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #5
peachped

There is a little more to this story.

And just when you thought that was all - what happened next?

At Woomera in Australia the countdown to firing the unmanned 'Blue streak' missile was taking place on the same day the Templeton picture was taken....the launch was aborted when two of the controllers spotted two 'spacemen' wandering across the launch pad....the place was searched but nothing and no-one could be found - however the closing down of a multi million pound launch was no 'small matter' - Fortunately the 'spacemen' were captured on film....some time later the two controllers saw the Templeton pic and swore that what they saw were men dressed in exactly the same outfits as in the pic with the little girl - the filmed images backed this up.

All of the recordings on the film are still available from Woomera - except one can of film....the one showing the spacemen....

Now it gets even more bizarre - the 'Blue Streak' rockets although used by Australia and launched from Australia were built in Britain - just three miles from where Templeton took the picture of his daughter.....remember all this happened on the same day but in two different parts of the world.

http://www.planet-flipside.com/vboar...ead.php?t=1381

Btw I think the figure is facing away from the camera.

Last edited by peachped; 13-11-2007 at 09:43 PM.
peachped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 10:59 PM   #6
raffles
Inactive

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachped View Post
There is a little more to this story.

And just when you thought that was all - what happened next?

At Woomera in Australia the countdown to firing the unmanned 'Blue streak' missile was taking place on the same day the Templeton picture was taken....the launch was aborted when two of the controllers spotted two 'spacemen' wandering across the launch pad....the place was searched but nothing and no-one could be found - however the closing down of a multi million pound launch was no 'small matter' - Fortunately the 'spacemen' were captured on film....some time later the two controllers saw the Templeton pic and swore that what they saw were men dressed in exactly the same outfits as in the pic with the little girl - the filmed images backed this up.

All of the recordings on the film are still available from Woomera - except one can of film....the one showing the spacemen....

Now it gets even more bizarre - the 'Blue Streak' rockets although used by Australia and launched from Australia were built in Britain - just three miles from where Templeton took the picture of his daughter.....remember all this happened on the same day but in two different parts of the world.

http://www.planet-flipside.com/vboar...ead.php?t=1381

Btw I think the figure is facing away from the camera.
Didnt know that, thanks for the info peachped.
raffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #7
hagbard_celine

It certainly adds a new twist. It's especially significant that the same kind of entity was seen at Woomera. The fact that it was the same day makes it likely that there was a link between the two events.

Aliens are very interested in our use of nuclear power and weapons. The precence of the nuclear power station in the picture, together with the Blue Streak connection makes it almost logical in my eyes that an alien would appear.

Old 15-11-2007, 12:56 PM   #8
soundthief

i remember this pic and story from an old book aswell

im curious as to whom the aliens were tho!
soundthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #9
graflok

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard_celine View Post
Look at the picture again and see the unnatural position of the being's arm. It looks as a normal arm would look seen from behind, yet the head looks likes it would shot from the front.
It looks to me that we are seeing the back of the "spaceman" and either
his "helmet" has a wrap-around visor or the back of it is of a dark color.
graflok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 02:18 AM   #10
utukxul

maybe with their helm gear they can watch 360 degree all the time.
and it also give an optic illusion of what ever angel you are in, you see the front of the face. as it are rather pleasant to talk with people when they are looking back at you. like a hint that they have noticed you.
utukxul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #11
hagbard_celine

Yes that's right. It's always possible that their species has eyes in the back of its head. Either that or they see with something other than eyes.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #12
howie

This was on Cumbria news today

Video

http://www.bbc.co.uk/looknorthnecumb...es/index.shtml
howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:57 PM   #13
cruise4
Premier Subscribers

That image is remarkably similar to the time dispaced Sheridan on Babylon 4... in the Babylon 5 Series.
cruise4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #14
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post
Thanks! That's very interesting. I'm glad they're still discussing the incident today. I hope we'll solve the mystery wthin Templton's lifetime.

I wonder, did the reporter try to take a photo with the same camera in the same spot. If he did I wonder what came out! Will they show us?

Old 12-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #15
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post

That's the first time I've heard Blue Streak mentioned in the manistream media. The news programme makes no attempt to explain what it is.

Old 21-03-2008, 10:42 AM   #16
hagbard_celine

Just to let you know. My original blog article on this was for some reason, and by somebody, deleted! I'll post it again in a couple of days and see what heppens.

Old 27-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #17
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard_celine View Post
On May 23 1964 Jim Templeton, a fireman from Carlisle, Cumbria, took his wife and 5 years old daughter out to on Burgh Marsh near the Solway Firth to take some photographs. They parked and walked out over a field with a lovely view. "All the animals on that particular day were away on the other end of the marsh, all huddled together, as though they'd been frightened." Jim said.

The weather was warm and sunny, and everything seemed normal. At a good spot they decided to take a photograph of his daughter in her new dress sitting with a bunch of hand-picked flowers. The snap taken, they moved off and took many more pictures of the walk.

A few days later Jim got his photographs back from the chemist. The man behind the counter said that it was a pity that the strange man in a costume had walked past had spoilt the best shot of Elizabeth holding a bunch of flowers. Jim was puzzled. There had been nobody else on the marshes nearby at the time. But sure enough, on the picture in question there was something odd: overlooking her left shoulder, at a canted angle, was what appeared to be a man in a bizarre all-in-one white suit with a tinted visor.

I've heard of this case before but never seen this picture in colour. I read about the case in Janet and Colin Bord's Modern Mysteies of Britain, but the picture they reproduced was black and white. I used to assume it was taken with a black and white camera, but not now. It looks far more impressive in colour and harder to write off as a fault on the film of a crushed insect in the photolab. Notice how the entity is definitely behind little Elizabeth's head and doesn't overlap it.

By porterboy

By porterboy

I'm not surprised to find out that Jim Templeton was harrassed by Men-in-black in the weeks following the incident. This was many years before the concept of men-in-black became well-known in popular culture. I've recently spoken to other people who've been visted by these frightening people, (if indeed they are people in the sense we understand it). The person dressed in a white suit like the one in this case are common too and I know several people who've enountered them. If you can't see their face then it's not really safe to assume that whatever is inside the costume is an ordinary human.

I think the being is simply got his back turned and has a dark helmet on...

However, he must be very tall judging by the pic and maybe is a link to what that policeman in Wiltshire saw...

maybe there really are worm holes that these beings/people can come through on..

Listen & Subscribe to THA Talks
Facebook Page
thirdwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #18
disorder2k8
Inactive

didnt we already go through this, and I worked it out that it was a beekeeper costume, and someone mentioned there is a bee sanctuary near by or something
disorder2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 12:15 PM   #19
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post
I think the being is simply got his back turned and has a dark helmet on...

However, he must be very tall judging by the pic and maybe is a link to what that policeman in Wiltshire saw...

maybe there really are worm holes that these beings/people can come through on..
Actually to get that kind of image the being must be floating slightly in the air, unless it has extrmely long legs. See how it's leaning over slightly, as if in a slightly off-kilter field of gravity.

Old 27-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #20
hagbard_celine

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder2k8 View Post
didnt we already go through this, and I worked it out that it was a beekeeper costume, and someone mentioned there is a bee sanctuary near by or something
Dis, that's rather like the Rendleshman Forest runaway ice cream van. It can't possibly explain the encounter.

Last edited by hagbard_celine; 27-07-2009 at 12:16 PM.