Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Psychic Ability / Channelling / Remote Viewing / Dreams / Predictions
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 20-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #1
asevaaamas
Inactive

Default Hearing Music In Dreams

This doesn't happen to me often but when it does it's incredible.

A few weeks ago I "heard" music in a dream that I am familiar with in waking consciousness. It was the same except so vivid and full of life. If I were to explain it I would say it was the sense memory of the sound but interpreted freshly by my dreaming mind. The way I heard that music was trippier than music can sound on psychedelic drugs. No joke. It was incredible.

Actually, in that dream I dreamt that I'd eaten shrooms and was tripping, so listening to the music in the dream was hearing it while on "shrooms".

I play a few instruments and find that when I play one of them excessively I will eventually hear it again while dreaming, but it's always so much better that it makes playing it while awake seem sort of pointless. I mean, if one plays to enjoy, then why not enjoy it even more while dreaming?

Anyone else hear music in their dreams? Is it always a memory of music you're well familiar with or something new? I would explain the experience of unheard music as the coming together of various memories of sounds, piecing together like a living jigsaw puzzle.

Makes me wonder whether there's a significant connection here between dreaming and genius. Are the Bach's and Mozart's of the world of music hearing their music in dreams and then capturing it when they awake? Paul McCartney heard the music to Yesterday in a dream and figured it out on piano when he awoke. That song has become the beloved sad song of the entire human species - and it came from one man's dream! Weird, isn't it? One wonders, was it just an innocent dream or was that music "put" in his mind?
asevaaamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2010, 06:07 AM   #2
nimlyn

I’m not musically minded although I’ve occasionally heard music in dreams.

The music in my dreams is mostly genuine music from the past however its music that I’ve not really been aware of consciously until after the dream. When I dream about the music I’m compelled to enquire from others if anyone can identify the tune or musical words for me.

Up to date I’ve dreamed about the following songs:-

1997…A dream about Danny DeVito and the song “Blue Velvet” which was played on an old Wurlitzer type Duke Box.

2000…Me wandering inside a music shop and playing on a piano the tune “Always Look on the Bright side of Life” even though I don’t know how to play musical instruments?

2000…I was visiting a big cat / theme park when I saw some elves dancing to an unknown and weirdly enchanting tune?

2002…I was inside a heavenly dome Lah-ing out a tune “Cheek to Cheek”.

2006…I watched a Chinese couple sing karaoke on stage and they sang to the tune of “Can’t Take My Eyes of You".

2006…I had a song that I was supposed to deliver and sing for some-one called Jon Bon Jovi but I lost it…

19.06.2009…A harbinger of death was singing “Someone’s going to die this Thursday from the Old boys’ town?” The tune sounded similar to a Lee Kernaghan song “Boys in the Bush".
nimlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
kit carruthers

i hear a lot of music in my dreams. rarely anything familiar.

i've never been able to quite capture it when i wake up, however.... plenty of beautiful music lost forever.
kit carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
whiterain

hey another one eh nice one yeah recently ive been record shopping in dreams and just hearing the music by looking at the records also going home and taking sections of them for remixes. cant exactly remember them when i wake up but i can remember the vibe of them enough to be a good starting point to work with. also once in a dream i heard and saw the music. it was a rhythmic electro type thing and it looked like a big sunset with all sorts of lines across it and different parts movind according to the different instruments/hooks etc. awesome. gonna try and draw it now
Old 22-08-2010, 06:36 AM   #5
monster

I camped out at a bush doof a few months ago and remember hearing some unfamiliar music in my dream. Not surprising considering music was playing all night, though.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #6
godgoo

I have a built in music creation studio, everytime I start drifting off. I always create the best music I have ever heard.
The Engineer.co.uk
godgoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 01:00 AM   #7
loveoverhate
Inactive

I actually heard Bob Marley's "Buffalo Soldier" in my dream recently. And I had dreadlocks! (which I really don't)
loveoverhate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 01:10 AM   #8
energi

I went to a Cannibal Corpse concert (luckily staying out of the moshpit ), same sounds and feelings as if it was 'real'/physical, sooooo much fun

Then I woke up and was like myeh

edit: This one time I dreamed that I saw System Of A Down while tripping on LSD

Last edited by energi; 24-08-2010 at 01:14 AM.
energi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #9
angelsong

asevaaamas;

I was just passing through when I saw your post and I had to reply. I have had the same dream experiences that you have had. In dream state this music is well beyond the sense of hearing, it is a whole being, multi-sensory/dimensional communication that speaks very deeply through my soul. I've yet to find anyone else that has had this type of experience, it is very difficult to translate into words and yet it (for me) is very life/perception altering everytime I experience them. I would say that it is like remembering who I truly am in a cosmic sense. The last dream I had took place outside and as I was standing there, this music started coming through....it was instrumental music, classical. I could literally hear and feel each instrument separately but all at once and my whole being was feeling it. In that feeling of bliss and profound understanding I was aware that it was coming from the Creator/God/Universe....and that this express was in all things. At this point, the music changed and I heart Jazz, Blues, Gospel, even A cappella with the most beautiful words I have ever heard in my life....at this point I woke up still singing the words, trying to hold onto them on transition to waking state.

I've had at least 4 other dreams like this. I do believe that they are communications/deep telepathic union. The reason I say that is shortly after this I started having dreams about sacred geometry - something that I was largely unfamiliar with. I feel that these two things, the sacred geometry and the music are very much connected. One of the sacred geometry apparitions I received was the "Flower of Life"....that was easy to find on my google search, but the other one that accompanied it took me a week to find and that was by accident (not). Turned out to be Metatron's cube and just so happens that these two are connected. Shortly after this, I started going on long nature walks with my camera...felt very compelled to capture the beauty that we often walk by so I took my time and got up close then I realized that these geometry was in everything. This led me to frequencies/tones and sacred geometry (music!) and the awareness of all the tones and frequencies in my environment and what these are creating - harmony/disharmony....the birds and their songs and all the tones that are beyond our waking senses. Then one day as I was outside (not dreaming), I felt a tingling at the top of my head and felt this in-between worlds type feeling. At this point, I looked down at the ground and noticed thousands of pine needs crisscrossed and scattered and heard this inner voice say, "nothing is random". This in-between world feeling intensified and then I saw like this ticker tape full of information/numbers as if like a field and noticed the TREES...they were part of the wind and the wind was part of them and the leaves were flittering in delight/interacting with everything and they looked like they were shifting in small increments....like when you still frame through a video. It was WEIRD!!!! haha! I dared not tell anyone but after this experience I searched and searched online to explain what this field was and then by accident (not), I was listening to a wild Terrence McKenna account of his adventure with his brother looking for this magic mushroom (I don't partake but enjoy listening to his work sometimes) and his brother had an experience with this "resonance field" and I KNEW when I heard that that this was exactly what I experienced that day with the pine needles. There's lots more, but I'll save you the extended version.

I would imagine that you are an empath, too asevaaamas? There is something to that and these dreams.....it IS a communication and you are being given information that perhaps your conscious self doesn't quite understand but your open heart does.

Much love,
Angelsong
angelsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #10
joeri

I hear 'music' a lot when I start to sleep, mostly these are melodies Ive never heard and dont sound familiar but sound really really pretty
joeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #11
superearther

Music in dreams can have different meanings.....Sometimes is the sub conscious mind picking up on real time sounds and is trying to make sense of them. This shows us that we can have a mental imprint on media. This is why tv is very bad for the subconscious mind.

Other reason can be our spirit guides sending us messages (some do make contact this way)
superearther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #12
littlerussiandoll
Banned

Oh My God, I had to reply to this.

When Ive been asleep with the radio on, the songs in my dream become so much more than they sound like when Im awake, its like the music becomes a part of you and you can feel it... its what I realised tripping must be like, because Ive never been fortunate enough to experience that yet lol

For example, Parachute by Cheryl Cole is not musical genius, but I heard it while in a half dreamy/awake state a long time ago and I never felt the same about it again - it was just so beautiful

It always happens with songs I dont particularly like. Listening to them in that state..FEELING them.. its like being awakened to something secret behind the scenes of life that you didnt know was there.
littlerussiandoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #13
littlelight

I do believe music in dreams can be a message for us. It happened to me once, when I was having doubts about myself. It was a music very familiar to me. Altough during the dream I only heard part of that music, it felt so vivid, so alive, do you know what I mean? The music seemed perfect, even more perfect than the actual music. By the way, it was "In and Above Men", by Moonspell, and I do believe this part of the lyrics ("And in each of you wounds I will plant a seed of belief") was a message for me. I remember waking up feeling great and much more confident. Sometimes my dreams have songs by Iron Maiden, altough I haven't yet discovered any messages sent through their music to me...

Also, I believe I had another message sent through music, altough it didn't happen in a dream. I was ill in bed last year, and was tired of all the suffering I had. One day, I started crying, feeling jealous about the good health other people have, feeling sorry for myself, feeling very sad, blaming God for my misery... Then, when I calmed down, I asked God for some light, something to guide me. Suddenly, this music, with a fantastic message for that moment, starts playing in my head. It was not a result from any thought, it just appeared in my head, out of nowhere, like someone had simply put the music there in my mind. It felt amazing, and I was like: "Ok, God, I got the message. Thanks!" And a few days later, I was no longer ill. Part of the lyrics of this song, "Não Sou o Único" (I'm Not The Only One), by a portuguese band called Xutos e Pontapés: "And when the clouds are gone, the sky will turn blue; And when the darkness opens up, you'll see the sun will shine, you'll see the sun will shine". Beautiful and very meaningful to me!
littlelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:09 PM   #14
asevaaamas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlerussiandoll View Post
Oh My God, I had to reply to this.

When Ive been asleep with the radio on, the songs in my dream become so much more than they sound like when Im awake, its like the music becomes a part of you and you can feel it... its what I realised tripping must be like, because Ive never been fortunate enough to experience that yet lol

For example, Parachute by Cheryl Cole is not musical genius, but I heard it while in a half dreamy/awake state a long time ago and I never felt the same about it again - it was just so beautiful

It always happens with songs I dont particularly like. Listening to them in that state..FEELING them.. its like being awakened to something secret behind the scenes of life that you didnt know was there.
Yes it is similar to tripping. However - not exactly like it. And it depends on what drug you're tripping on, anyway. My general experience with music & drugs is that the mind no longer sections off little pieces of sound but rather takes in the whole, or at least larger chunks of sound information, giving the impression of one's mind flowing with the sound without thought interrupting the process.

Music while tripping can make a world of difference. Sometimes tripping without music feels sort of empty - like, I would often get a "what am I doing?" feeling without music providing a background context for my feelings and thoughts.

To be honest I prefer a lot of music simply high on marijuana rather than full on tripping on any specific substance. Marijuana suddenly makes things seem so aesthetically pleasing and enjoyable. I simply can't get into many things while sober but if I took one puff of good weed I'd be way into it. Unfortunately I can't afford to smoke often so I have to make peace with living soberly.

One thing that must be said is that drugs can't account for taste. I know plenty of people who listen to what I would consider boring music while tripping and they love it. Perhaps not boring as such but - conventional, mundane, popular music. One of my big tripping favorites used to be Phillip Glass' Einstein on the Beach and Music in Twelve Parts. Two very cool spacey albums for tripping, really send the mind spinning.

At a certain point, music can become unidentifiable. Just like random sound information as insignificant as the detail of the environment around you perceived by your eyes. Or, ordinary mundane sounds can become more musical to perception. Once I heard my dog barking while tripping and perceived it like musical notes appearing in the air and disintegrating. It wasn't the annoying grating sound of a dog barking anymore, it was complex musical tones each with individual variances.

All this aside - I think it's important to come to grips with one's ordinary mind not under the influence of drugs. When you become too enamored by the drug pleasure states, whether tripping or just high, it becomes increasingly more difficult to enjoy ordinary sober mind experiences. I guess this is "chasing the dragon", right? It's something I'm trying to deal with these days. I listen to music and think... if I only had some weed, this could be amazing.

In general I am neither for or against drugs - I suspect a deeper spiritual awakening comes through deep meditation when all the areas in the brain that drugs kick into gear actually shut down (I feel more drawn to the states of nothingness, when the mind is stilled completely, than to the busy states induced by drugs) - but I cannot help but distrust all my drug experiences.

I mean, I've experienced a lot, and yet it's all nothing. From my current perspective, you or anyone else who has not tripped is no worse or better off than me for having tripped. The experiences come and go. Sometimes they leave you feeling like you have some esoteric insight for a day or a week or however long but that too fades. I can't tell you how many mystical experiences I had in drug induced trance states that are now only the vaguest of memories with very little meaning to me. What's the point in all that? It seems like more illusion to me.
asevaaamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:42 AM   #15
nimlyn

I’m as baffled as ever with this mornings dream…Someone was showing me a DVD case with a picture of the movie Stand by Me on it and I thought that I was supposed to remember something to do with a song so I said, Oh I know what you mean and then I start singing Stand by Me however I was singing to the tune of Stay with Me…

Old 14-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #16
garid

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by asevaaamas View Post

A few weeks ago I "heard" music in a dream that I am familiar with in waking consciousness.
Hello! i had same feeling. The music fills my brain and it was so beautiful music. I still don't understand what was it and why it fills my brain. Maybe it musical hallucinations
garid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #17
truepositive

Quote:
Originally Posted by godgoo View Post
I have a built in music creation studio, everytime I start drifting off. I always create the best music I have ever heard.
Last night i 'heard' a techno track that was one of the best ever. For a while i just listened and ejoyed it, then i had a semi lucent moment and realised it was a dream and not actually me producing something in the normal world
truepositive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #18
academylin

Quote:
Originally Posted by truepositive View Post
Last night i 'heard' a techno track that was one of the best ever. For a while i just listened and ejoyed it, then i had a semi lucent moment and realised it was a dream and not actually me producing something in the normal world
Happens that on route to one, one can/may experience sounds, noise, MUSIC, voices JUST before stepping out of the body, this definately ties into your lucidity..... What other feelings occurred after the ops music moment?
As the genius Nikola Tesla said, it is all about "energy, frequency and vibration if you wish to understand the secrets of the Universe"........ and as the Russian Nobel prize winner Albert-Szent Gyorgi said; " Science is to see what everyone else has seen and to think what no one else has thought".

100% Albert Beef is WRONG on seriously many levels!
academylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #19
adude

Quote:
Originally Posted by asevaaamas View Post

A few weeks ago I "heard" music in a dream that I am familiar with in waking consciousness. It was the same except so vivid and full of life. If I were to explain it I would say it was the sense memory of the sound but interpreted freshly by my dreaming mind. The way I heard that music was trippier than music can sound on psychedelic drugs. No joke. It was incredible.

Actually, in that dream I dreamt that I'd eaten shrooms and was tripping, so listening to the music in the dream was hearing it while on "shrooms".

I play a few instruments and find that when I play one of them excessively I will eventually hear it again while dreaming, but it's always so much better that it makes playing it while awake seem sort of pointless. I mean, if one plays to enjoy, then why not enjoy it even more while dreaming?

Anyone else hear music in their dreams? Is it always a memory of music you're well familiar with or something new? I would explain the experience of unheard music as the coming together of various memories of sounds, piecing together like a living jigsaw puzzle.

Makes me wonder whether there's a significant connection here between dreaming and genius. Are the Bach's and Mozart's of the world of music hearing their music in dreams and then capturing it when they awake? Paul McCartney heard the music to Yesterday in a dream and figured it out on piano when he awoke. That song has become the beloved sad song of the entire human species - and it came from one man's dream! Weird, isn't it? One wonders, was it just an innocent dream or was that music "put" in his mind?
cool
adude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #20
nimlyn

A strange and muddled one early today between midnight and 1:00 am…In the dream I heard the song The Way We Were playing. I was singing along to the words Memories, like the corners of my mind…Then I began to wake up but I saw an image of an African looking woman’s face and the name Aretha Franklin popped into mind.

I’m not big in the know with much in the music scene so I net searched the song and then I realised that it’s one of Barbra Streisand’s.

Ack! I’m so confused.