Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Nutrition / Diet / Alternative Therapies / Healing > The Shen Clinic
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
mijas
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 55
Default Flouride removal water filter

Hi Mike,

I wonder if you can help me? I need a good quality water filter, one that gets rid of the flouride as well as the other chemicals/contaminants found in tap water.
I am confused as to whether reverse osmosis, a water distiller or a system that claims to filter out the flouride (Berkey)/Dr Mercola filter is the best.
I am taking iodine to help with detoxing and also other vitamins/minerals. I thought of getting a water distiller & then maybe using something like the AlkaPod to make it more alkaline, or even lemon/bicarb.
Can you recommend anything, it has to be counter top as I am renting & need something I can take with me if i leave the area. Or any other supplements to get rid of years of flouride in the body?
Thanks, Val
mijas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
pipsicle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 823
Default

I would be interested to hear any answer Mike can give on this too..

I've heard a carbon block is preferable to reverse osmosis as reverse osmosis strips minerals from the water?
pipsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
freedom1st
Senior Member
 
freedom1st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijas View Post
Hi Mike,

I wonder if you can help me? I need a good quality water filter, one that gets rid of the flouride as well as the other chemicals/contaminants found in tap water.
I am confused as to whether reverse osmosis, a water distiller or a system that claims to filter out the flouride (Berkey)/Dr Mercola filter is the best.
I am taking iodine to help with detoxing and also other vitamins/minerals. I thought of getting a water distiller & then maybe using something like the AlkaPod to make it more alkaline, or even lemon/bicarb.
Can you recommend anything, it has to be counter top as I am renting & need something I can take with me if i leave the area. Or any other supplements to get rid of years of flouride in the body?
Thanks, Val
I use a Berkey with carbon filters plus special fluoride filters. I think it works (can't tell without lab testing). But would be interested to hear Mike's take on it...
freedom1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #4
jay ray
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 42
Default

I have been using the berkey filters with the fluoride removers for the past few months and I swear that my memory is starting to get better, I am remembering names, addresses, phone numbers.

It may all be in my head, but I really think the damn things work.
jay ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #5
soul_traveller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 319
Default

I wrote the following comment to the American researcher Stewart Swerdlow about Flouride in 2008 and there is another discussion by a researcher and Janet back in 2004.

It makes sense to check with water quality experts in their area before investing in such equipment and filter methods and have there effectiveness checked before and after installing such equipment or using filters to verify such claims.

I think its correct that you cannot remove flouride by filters, or is limited, it can only effectively be done with steam water distillers. To detox from flouride in the body and concentrated in the pineal gland, eat Tamarind or drink Tamarind tea.

http://www.expansions.com/Archives/Q...m?DOP=2008-3-1
Quote:
Flouride

Posted: March, 16, 2008

Hi Stewart and Janet,

Can a water distiller filter fluoride from the water or at least reduce it? And if one cannot afford a distiller would flushing water with violet and using the ultimate protection technique protect one from eating and drinking toxic substances? I think Toronto is fluorided - would understand the programmed people here.

Is there any connection with the HAARP Project in Alaska and certain metals that might exist in drinking water?

Thanks, Alexander.

Stewart's Reply: Yes, distillation gets out everything. I suggest eating/ drinking Tamarind to purge the body of flouride coupled with sea salt baths and drinking distilled water.

Toronto has gone insane. It used to be a wonderful city. Now it it is one of the worst.

I have not seen any evidence of a HAARP connection to drinking water, but the energies from HAARP do affect all of the Earth in one way or another.
http://www.expansions.com/Archives/Q...m?DOP=2004-9-1
Quote:
More On Flouride

Posted: September, 10, 2004

Regarding the "Flouride" posting of 9/9, one can also drink a glass or two of distilled water before bathing, so that the body will not be prone to absorb nearly as much shower or bath water to quentch its thirst. Also, the cooler the bath or shower water, the less the pores will open to absorb it. And, lastly, there is Tamarind hot or iced tea, which can be made from the Tamarind plant. It can be purchased at Mexican markets, and in powdered form at East Indian Markets as a savory multi-purpose spice. East Indian researchers report that it chelates flouride from the body. Check out if you can be aware of the difference in perceptual and thought faculties after consuming it. If you, I or anyone finds a source of household water filters that remove flouride, let it be known.

Janet's Reply: Thank you for the additional information. Flouride cannot be removed via filters from water. I happen to know from industrial and agriculture research projects.

Last edited by soul_traveller; 06-06-2010 at 08:49 PM.
soul_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #6
21_12_2012
Senior Member
 
21_12_2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bolton/Manchester-UK
Posts: 3,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom1st View Post
I use a Berkey with carbon filters plus special fluoride filters. I think it works (can't tell without lab testing). But would be interested to hear Mike's take on it...
Ive been using the same filter since last December, i love it.

I also drink distilled water now and again too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_traveller
I think its correct that you cannot remove flouride by filters, or is limited, it can only effectively be done with steam water distillers. To detox from flouride in the body and concentrated in the pineal gland, eat Tamarind or drink Tamarind tea.

http://www.expansions.com/Archives/Q...m?DOP=2008-3-1
I used to use this for a month or 2 (tamarind paste actually), until i found out that a study had been done (in india i think) and found that the reason more fluoride is excreted after consuming tamarind was due to the tamarind being a massive abosrber of fluoride from the ground when it grows.

I do not know how accurate that information is, and cannot find the study where i got the info from, but it stopped me using tamarind paste. Also i do not know if it was 'natural' fluoride which was absorbed and excreted in the study.

Last edited by 21_12_2012; 06-06-2010 at 09:26 PM.
21_12_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #7
soul_traveller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21_12_2012 View Post
I used to use this for a month or 2 (tamarind paste actually), until i found out that a study had been done (in india i think) and found that the reason more fluoride is excreted after consuming tamarind was due to the tamarind being a massive abosrber of fluoride from the ground when it grows.

I do not know how accurate that information is, and cannot find the study where i got the info from, but it stopped me using tamarind paste. Also i do not know if it was 'natural' fluoride which was absorbed and excreted in the study.
Do you know if its possible to measure how much flouride is sitting in the body? Because if so then when using such products you could measure if the flouride levels go down inside the body.

Does this mean that your are absorbing fluoride in the plant because it has absorbed the flouride in the water in the ground?
But surely if its absorbing flouride then it will still absord flouride from the body anyway when taken?

I've heard that 'natural' flouride can cause brain tumours - but not seen any studies on this.

Last edited by soul_traveller; 06-06-2010 at 10:03 PM.
soul_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #8
21_12_2012
Senior Member
 
21_12_2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bolton/Manchester-UK
Posts: 3,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_traveller View Post
Do you know if its possible to measure how much flouride is sitting in the body? Because if so then when using such products you could measure if the flouride levels go down inside the body.
That would be a method of testing yes, but i do not know if this is possible. I do know there are mercury tests for the body, so presumably there would be fluoride tests, although i doubt the NHS or any 'government-related' body would provide such a test.

The mercury tests which actually work are not NHS ones i do know that.

Quote:
Does this mean that your are absorbing fluoride in the plant because it is absorbing the flouride in the water in the ground?
Yes. Also tea plants absorb a lot of fluoride too.

Quote:
But surely if its absorbing flouride then it will still absord flouride from the body anyway when taken?
I do not know, but i would think so, in which case it wouldnt be making much of a difference to the amount in the body (giving and taking away at the same time maybe)

Quote:
I've heard that 'natural' flouride can cause brain tumours - but not seen any studies on this.
I do not know anything about natural fluoride, but when i heard about the tamarind and tea plants absorbing it when growing, i stopped drinking green tea every day, and threw the tamarind paste in the bin soon after.

I would think MMS rids the body of fluoride, but cannot be certain. it is an all-round detoxer (MMS Miracle Mineral Solution - Chlorine Dioxide)

Last edited by 21_12_2012; 06-06-2010 at 10:08 PM.
21_12_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #9
soul_traveller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 319
Default

The following link is a study of defluoridation of water by Tamarind seed.

http://www.iwaponline.com/jwh/004/0453/0040453.pdf
soul_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #10
soul_traveller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21_12_2012 View Post
I do not know anything about natural fluoride, but when i heard about the tamarind and tea plants absorbing it when growing, i stopped drinking green tea every day, and threw the tamarind paste in the bin soon after.

I would think MMS rids the body of fluoride, but cannot be certain. it is an all-round detoxer (MMS Miracle Mineral Solution - Chlorine Dioxide)
Yes, but your are making the assumption that all Tamarind and tea plants are contaminated and this will not be the case.

Only use organically grown Tamarind and the same with all foods.

As for Miracle Mineral Solution - Chlorine Dioxide, I'd wait for more info, I'm sure this is more to know.

Last edited by soul_traveller; 06-06-2010 at 11:38 PM.
soul_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #11
psketti
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,789
Default cheers

subbed
psketti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #12
21_12_2012
Senior Member
 
21_12_2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bolton/Manchester-UK
Posts: 3,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_traveller View Post
Yes, but your are making the assumption that all Tamarind and tea plants are contaminated and this will not be the case.

Only use organically grown Tamarind and the same with all foods.
Does organic soil not contain natural fluoride ?
Who dictates what organic soil can or cant contain ?
It may be different in different countries.

I admitedly do not know anything about what organic soil contains, but i do agree that organically-based foods are the best, as i have been buying them myself for years now.

Quote:
As for Miracle Mineral Solution - Chlorine Dioxide, I'd wait for more info, I'm sure this is more to know.
I have read that it detoxes heavy metals. I have been doing a 2 year detox of heavy metals, and am unsure as to whether MMS has 'chelated' metals or not. I used to feel that it hadnt, but recently i feel it has. I cant be sure though as i have been taking all kinds of other 'chelators' too.

If it has, i assume it will detox other stuff, such as fluoride. I use MMS daily by the way, and have done for over a year.

Last edited by 21_12_2012; 07-06-2010 at 12:07 AM.
21_12_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:08 AM   #13
soul_traveller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 319
Default Organically grown Tamarind

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21_12_2012 View Post
Does organic soil not contain natural fluoride ?
Who dictates what organic soil can or cant contain ?
It may be different in different countries.

I admitedly do not know anything about what organic soil contains, but i do agree that organically-based foods are the best, as i have been buying them myself for years now.
I was waiting for this. I agree that nothing is truly organic these days. However, look for organic farmers whom are informed and try to reduce fluoride as much as possible. One has to do their own research. As the momentum of the dangers of flouride and in tap water go world wide, we will see Organic farmers going 'flouride free'.

Last edited by soul_traveller; 07-06-2010 at 01:22 AM.
soul_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:35 AM   #14
soul_traveller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 319
Default

My greatest area of concern is where non-organic soil has been contaminated and the type of flouride in tap water and food products.

I understand that there is the natural calcium fluoride which appears naturally in underground water supplies and is said to be benign. But too much consumed daily can lead to bone and dental problems. The calcium is used to counter the fluoride poisoning when it occurs. So in theory this indicates that the calcium in naturally formed calcium fluoride balances off the fluoride toxic effects.

Then there is the type of fluorides added to water supplies, beverages and foods, this type comes from waste products of the nuclear, aluminum, and now mostly the phosphate (fertilizer) industries. These toxins are said to be classified as: fluorosilicate acid, sodium silicofluoride, and sodium fluoride. I've read that these are 85 times more toxic than natural occurring calcium-fluoride.

This is my area of concern.

Last edited by soul_traveller; 07-06-2010 at 01:39 AM.
soul_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #15
21_12_2012
Senior Member
 
21_12_2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bolton/Manchester-UK
Posts: 3,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_traveller View Post
My greatest area of concern is where non-organic soil has been contaminated and the type of flouride in tap water and food products.
This also is/was my concern when i stopped using green tea and tamarind paste.

I figured that the other detox stuff i was using (and still use) would be just as, if not more, effective, at removing fluoride from the body/brain.

Quote:
I understand that there is the natural calcium fluoride which appears naturally in underground water supplies and is said to be benign. But too much consumed daily can lead to bone and dental problems. The calcium is used to counter the fluoride poisoning when it occurs. So in theory this indicates that the calcium in naturally formed calcium fluoride balances off the fluoride toxic effects.

Then there is the type of fluorides added to water supplies, beverages and foods, this type comes from waste products of the nuclear, aluminum, and now mostly the phosphate (fertilizer) industries. These toxins are said to be classified as: fluorosilicate acid, sodium silicofluoride, and sodium fluoride. I've read that these are 85 times more toxic than natural occurring calcium-fluoride.

This is my area of concern.
I am aware of the calcium fluoride not being toxic like the 'waste product' fluoride, and maybe tamarind is safe to use for removing fluoride from the body brain, i suppose we will never fully know that answer.

But for now i will stick to what im using for detoxing from metals.
21_12_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #16
ferret
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 213
Default

cant u just collect rainwater in a filter and drink that??
ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #17
pipsicle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_traveller View Post

I think its correct that you cannot remove flouride by filters, or is limited, it can only effectively be done with steam water distillers. To detox from flouride in the body and concentrated in the pineal gland, eat Tamarind or drink Tamarind tea.
Soul, could you explain the difference between filtering and distillation?
pipsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #18
gaias child
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,396
Default

Here is an explanation of the difference between filtering and distillation. I like water distillers, I used one for many years, until it broke

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-water-distiller.htm

Quote:
Why distilling - and not just a water filter (activated carbon)?
Distilling is a copy of nature’s primary purification method - the hydrologic cycle. This is where water evaporates from oceans and lakes and condenses into clouds, then comes back as rain - or pure H2O. SmartStill home distillation evaporates the water, condenses it in the cooler, then letting it out through the nozzle as pure droplets of H2O!

Activated carbon water filters (or others like reverse osmosis etc) are good at removing some impurities - particles etc - but not very efficient with others like bacteria. A water filter will remove (some) impurities and leave the rest for you to drink. Distillation will extract absolutely pure H2O from any source and leave the rest behind.

The beauty of the home distiller is that it is very cheap to run and with a great capacity as well. One SmartStill will cover your family's total needs of pure drinking water! Distilling made easy

Last edited by gaias child; 07-06-2010 at 05:08 PM.
gaias child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #19
pipsicle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaias child View Post
Here is an explanation of the difference between filtering and distillation. I like water distillers, I used one for many years, until it broke

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-water-distiller.htm

Awesome info, Honey Pie.
pipsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #20
gaias child
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,396
Default

If you get a water distiller it is free of all minerals, bacteria poisons etc.

Some people now say it is not safe as it is devoid of minerals and can demineralise you, by stripping minerals from the bones, I'm not sure whether this is true, I used one for years , and I've still got my teeth and bones, but to be on the safe side you just can restructure it by putting a bit of salt or ocean grown, or ionic mineral or something just to be on the safe side. Even a crystal will do.
gaias child is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:15 AM.