Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Nutrition / Diet / Alternative Therapies / Healing
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2010, 01:01 AM   #1
dalem

Exclamation BEWARE - Himilayan Pink Salt SCAM !

Beware your Himilayan Pink Salt probably came from a mine in Pakistan and contains large ammounts of Flouride and Bromide. In the table at the bottom you can clearly see that it contains over 4 Grams of Bromide per Kilogram

My advice is to get your own analysis done on your pink salt before you take any more.

FROM PFPC, the premiere fluoride information site.

Over the last few years a new scam has emerged in Europe which is rapidly spreading across the world.

It involves ordinary rock salt from the “salt range” in Pakistan being marketed as luxurious and healing “Himalaya Salt”.

It is also sold as “Himalayan Crystal Salt”, “Hunza-Kristallsalz” or natural “Kristallsalz”, “VitaSal”, “AromaLife”, etc..

The scam is currently being introduced in India and the United States.

It will result in very high overall fluoride intake in anyone who follows the various “therapy recommendations”.

What happened?

During the late 1990s recordings started to appear in Germany, featuring a monologue by a self-proclaimed “biophysicist” named Peter Ferreira.

The monologue centered around the “marvelous healing energies” of “Himalaya Salt” (Himalaya Salz) and “living waters” (Lebendiges Wasser) -> mineral or springwaters (“Quellwasser”).

This special salt was allegedly coming from the high mountain regions of the Himalayas, “untouched by human contamination”, containing “84 elements essential to human health”. The tape was copied and passed on by thousands.

The salt was sold at a price much higher than ordinary salt, up to 200 times as much. It was common to see it being sold for 24 Euros per kilogram.

Lectures were organized and a video called “Water & Salt” (“Wasser & Salz”) was shown to packed houses (Zeit & Geist, 2002). A book with the title “Water & Salt - Essence of Life” by Peter Ferreira and Dr. med. Barbara Hendel became a runaway bestseller in 2002 - simply by word of mouth, even spawning a glossy magazine with the same title. [The book is currently being translated into English and slated for release in the US.]

Within months “Himalaya Salt” became all the rage in Switzerland, Austria and Germany, quickly spreading to Denmark, Holland and other European countries.

The European alternative health industry was quick to jump on the bandwagon and an article on “Himalaya Salt” praising its superior qualities to conventional salt became the most-read article on the German site of “Alternative Health” (“Alternative Gesundheit).

“Himalaya Salt” sales are consistently in the Top 10 of “alternative health products”.

Originally marketed on the Internet, there are now countless varieties of products containing “Himalaya Salt” available, including herbal salts, bath salts, facial masks, cosmetic lines, as well as salt lamps and tealights.

Many international websites can now be found praising and selling this “Elixir of Live”, “Fountain of Youth”, or “salt of life”.

The salt comes as fine salt to be used for cooking, or as salt crystals or blocks of salt, to be used for daily “sole” drinks and baths, oral rinses, eye baths, and inhalation therapy.

In addition, the salt is marketed extensively for other uses, and there are now tealights or “salt lamps” (used as natural “ionizers”), a complete cosmetic line including soaps, facial sprays, body lotions, “peeling” lotions, hand creams, steam bath aids, sauna aids, bath salts with rose petals, and shower gels.

Fluoride & Iodine

Ironically, “Water & Salt” proclaimed that iodine and fluoride are “highly toxic” and should never be added to cooking salt (August 4, 2002). This statement immediately seemed odd to a sceptic, as both “toxins”, fluoride and iodine, were also listed among the salt’s “84 natural elements essential for the body”. LINK

The fluoride/iodine issue nevertheless became a cornerstone in the promotional campaign. Valuable books on the un-wanted effects of fluoride (Ziegelbecker) and iodine supplementation (Braunschweig-Pauli) were found in the on-line bookstore of “Wasser & Salz”.

However, W&S failed to inform the public that this very same “Himalaya Salt” may easily possess more fluoride than conventional, artificially fluoridated salt.

Numerous analyses which had been posted on the web by AromaLife AG itself (Switzerland’s biggest distributor of “Himalaya Salt”) - to show that it complied with CODEX regulations - showed this clearly. (TABLE AT BOTTOM OF PAGE).

Fluoride in Mineral Water

In addition, the “Water & Salt” people also started to recommend mineral waters which qualified as “living waters”, and handed out “Seals of Quality”.

One such water, Artesia received this recommendation, although containing 1.02 ppm of fluoride - a fact which is aggressively marketed by the company which firmly believes in the proclaimed “fluoride benefits”.

Origin of “Himalaya Salt”

It is claimed that the “magic salt” is coming from the Karakorum (Ferreira, 2002). However, as pointed out by the group TourismWatch (No.28 and No.30) there is no salt mine to be found anywhere in this Himalayan region. Most of the salt was coming from the second largest salt mine in the world, in Pakistan.

After the boom began, it was found that even ordinary road salt was being sold as “Himalaya Salt” by ruthless opportunists.

Public Health Response

The responses by the Public Health Departments in Switzerland and Germany have been on the verge of the comical.

The Swiss “Fluor-und Jodkommission” warned the public against the scam and issued statements of concern about the influx of imported specialty salts such as “Himalaya Salt”.

In 2001, the SEV warned that under no circumstances could this salt “without fluoride and iodine” ever substitute for the Swiss salt.

At no point did it apparently occur to the health agencies to conduct their own analyses on the product!

Applications:

Cooking/Baking

Not only is “Himalaya Salt” marketed as the best alternative to conventional cooking salt - and to be used in all cooking and baking as well as table use - it is also to be sprinkled onto already prepared foods.

New varieties of herbal salts are also now available.

Every morning a teaspoon - sometimes more - of a 26% “sole” solution is added to a glass of mineral water and routinely drunk by millions.

Topical Applications

Salt - Baths

As one of the “best applications” people are advised to bath with this salt once a week, or with “moon baths” during new and full moons. 1 to 1.5 kg is added to 80 - 100 liters of water. Temperature is to be between 35 and 37 degrees celsius for a length of a minumum of 15 to 20 minutes (up to 2 - 3 hours!). At 1 kg in 100 liters, and at a fluoride content of 300 ppm, this is the same as bathing in water fluoridated at 3 ppm.

Not much different than the fluoridated baths which were used with great success by Gorlitzer von Mundy in the treatment of iodine-induced hyperthyroidism (Jod Basedow) for over 30 years!

In addition, people are advised to bath their feet in a 10% salt/water solution, which results bathing the feet in water with a fluoride content of 30 ppm.

Personal Care Products

Daily topical fluoride intake is assured by use of the cosmetic line which includes soaps, facial sprays, body lotions, hand creams, shampoos, steam bath aids, sauna aids, bath salts with rose petals, and shower gels. Complete cosmetic lines are now offered by Aromalife, as well as “Wasser und Salz”.

Inhalation

People with asthma and like-conditions are advised by “health trainers” to add a little “Himalaya Salt” (10%!) to hot water and to inhale this concoction for 10 to 15 minutes with a covered head, three times a day.

Oral Health

People are advised to use this salt for toothbrushing.

One will get “white teeth” and the “dental enamel gets dissolved”, it is claimed...!

Of course it is also advised to rinse the mouth with the same sole which is drunk in the morning.

One is reminded of the incredible feat by Mr. “Dead Doctors Don’t Lie” Dr. Wallach and associated independent distributors who have managed to con people into believing that the “All Natural Tooth Gel” is a “safe natural alternative to fluoride toothpaste”, although the actual label on the toothpaste specifies sodium fluoride as ingredient!

Rainer Neuhaus
PFPC Germany

The table below is from a German site but you can clearly see the ammount of Flouride and Bromine. It also contains Cadmium, Lead,

in mg or g per Kg:

Natrium 460.10 g

Chlorid 520.50 g

Kalium 1510.00 mg

Calcium 1750.00 mg

Magnesium 18200.00 mg

Ammonium 430.00 mg

Eisen 65.39 mg

Mangan 102.04 mg

Strontium 17.10 mg

Barium 1.79 mg

Arsen 0.41 mg

Blei (lead) 1.09 mg

Cadmium 0.03 mg

Chrom 0.91 mg

Selen 2.17 mg

Zink 14.18 mg

Kupfer 5.18 mg

Fluoride 231.00 mg

Bromid 4010.00 mg

Jodid 0.80 mg

Sulfat 610.00 mg

Sulfide 9.10 mg

Hydrogenphosphat 8.90 mg

Hydrogencarbonat 15100.00 mg

Kieselsšure 140.00 mg
If itís too full -Empty it.
If itís too empty - Fill it.
Herbal Organics

Last edited by dalem; 09-05-2010 at 01:13 AM.
dalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
eternal_spirit
Inactive

eternal_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
xeon

Glad I didn't buy this.
xeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #4
dalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeon View Post
Glad I didn't buy this.
I bought mine a couple of days ago and started drinking 'Sole' every morning.
I'm going back to the shop tomorrow and returning it.
I am just glad that I found out about this sooner rather than later.
Herbal Organics
Old 09-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #5
xeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalem View Post
I bought mine a couple of days ago and started drinking 'Sole' every morning.
I'm going back to the shop tomorrow and returning it.
I am just glad that I found out about this sooner rather than later.
I was intrigued by Himalayan Salt a couple of years ago, but I felt a little suspicious when the label did not give much info on the "trace minerals" and other "elements." After that I forgot about it. I remember there was a buzz about it during the 1990s as well.

Thanks for posting about it.

ps: Hope you get a refund.

Last edited by xeon; 09-05-2010 at 04:24 PM.
xeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
blackster

Location: In my meatsuit studying for my degree in this Earth School

FFS something else that is supposed to be good for you found to be a scam and tampered with by the looks of it

I was going to get some because i read somewhere you could re-mineralise distilled water with it fookin hell now i'll have to look for an alternative. Anyone got any ideas of how you would go about re-mineralising distilled water, as i have read it leeches minerals from your body, or better question can you actually re-mineralise distilled water ?? lol

Also i have heard distilled water is more acidic, can it be made more alakline, i think i have seen somewhere on this forum, that by adding fresh lemon to it makes it more alkaline ?? Sorry for all the questions OP, i'm new to all this health stuff.

FUCKIN NWO WANKERS

I would love them twats to be forced to eat/drink all the toxic shite, they expect us to eat/drink

I'm getting sick of having to check what is good and what is bad for us lately, the wankers are tampering with everything arn't they

Peace and love be with you and good look on your own personnel journey

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience,
We are spiritual beings having a human experience
blackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
dalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackster View Post
FFS something else that is supposed to be good for you found to be a scam and tampered with by the looks of it

I was going to get some because i read somewhere you could re-mineralise distilled water with it fookin hell now i'll have to look for an alternative. Anyone got any ideas of how you would go about re-mineralising distilled water, as i have read it leeches minerals from your body, or better question can you actually re-mineralise distilled water ?? lol

Also i have heard distilled water is more acidic, can it be made more alakline, i think i have seen somewhere on this forum, that by adding fresh lemon to it makes it more alkaline ?? Sorry for all the questions OP, i'm new to all this health stuff.

FUCKIN NWO WANKERS

I would love them twats to be forced to eat/drink all the toxic shite, they expect us to eat/drink

I'm getting sick of having to check what is good and what is bad for us lately, the wankers are tampering with everything arn't they
Yeah sorry to bring it to the forum.
I bought mine a couple of days ago and got a bit disturbed when I looked at the label.
Absolutely no contents listed, I have contacted the supplier who supplied my local health shop but as you can guess No Answer from them.
It is a complete scam and a farce, people have been taking this salt for years thinking it is doing them good when in fact is is detrimental to their health.
I'll check out your questions on distilled water and get back to you.
Herbal Organics

Last edited by dalem; 09-05-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #8
thirty3

so does anyone know of a reliable source for himalayan salt (genuine )
thirty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #9
freedom1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty3 View Post
so does anyone know of a reliable source for himalayan salt (genuine )
Well I get mine from the Apricot Shop (advertised on this forum). I do hope they haven't been selling me some fake shit!
freedom1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #10
thirty3

I just re-read the OP am I right in thinking what you are saying is there is not such thing as himalyan salt if it has no salt mines....lol. So is there any decent salt to be had.
thirty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #11
relax

I bought a shitload of it a while back, kind of been using it as a salt lick, works great for me, tingling chakras, this info doesnt resonate with me.
relax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:30 PM   #12
dalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty3 View Post
I just re-read the OP am I right in thinking what you are saying is there is not such thing as himalyan salt if it has no salt mines....lol. So is there any decent salt to be had.
The only true test of this salt is to get it analyzed privately. I am going to ask my local university to take a look at the chemical/mineral content of it.
I really don't think there is a genuine Himilayan salt well, not that is good for you like they claim.
This is a quote fro Wikipedia but there is a lot of other info on the web.

Quote:
Himalayan salt is a marketing term for rock salt from Pakistan, which began being sold by various companies in Europe, North America, and Australia in the early 21st century. It is mined in the Khewra Salt Mines, the second largest salt mine in the world, located in Khewra, Jhelum District, Punjab, Pakistan, about 300 km from the Himalayas, about 160 kilometres from Islamabad, and 260 kilometres from Lahore, and in the foothills of the Salt Range.

In 2003 the Bavarian consumer protection agency Bayerisches Landesamt fŁr Gesundheit und Lebensmittelsicherheit analyzed 15 specimens of Himalaya salt sold in Germany and could detect a total of 10 different minerals: sodium and chloride (98%) and other minerals. This agency states that these salts come from Pakistan and can, like all salts, cause hypertension (high blood pressure). German public television broadcaster ZDF presented the analyzed chemical composition of Himalaya-salt who states that the specimen contained 95-96% sodium chloride that was contaminated with 2-3% polyhalite (gypsum) and small amounts of 10 other different minerals.
Herbal Organics

Last edited by dalem; 09-05-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 AM   #13
blackster

Location: In my meatsuit studying for my degree in this Earth School

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalem View Post
Yeah sorry to bring it to the forum.
I bought mine a couple of days ago and got a bit disturbed when I looked at the label.
Absolutely no contents listed, I have contacted the supplier who supplied my local health shop but as you can guess No Answer from them.
It is a complete scam and a farce, people have been taking this salt for years thinking it is doing them good when in fact is is detrimental to their health.
I'll check out your questions on distilled water and get back to you.

Thank you dalem for bringing it to our attention
and i'm sorry about the dodgy fuckers supplying your health shop with shite, it makes you wonder if there really is any such thing as genuine Himilayen salt doesn't it

any advice on distilled water will be greatly appreciated, thank you

Peace and love be with you and good look on your own personnel journey

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience,
We are spiritual beings having a human experience
blackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:07 AM   #14
indigowarrior

OP your original article you posted had a lot of responses; for example;

from
http://naturalhealthnews.blogspot.co...alth-scam.html

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? That article is so POORLY referenced as to be considered a FRAUD or even a "hit piece" by the medical establishment, if I didn't know better. I think it's really just plain ignorance, actually.

Where does the article make reference to the different kinds of fluoride? It DOESN'T. So, it's very poorly referenced.

Where does it discriminate between the many fake "Himalayan Salts" from the original HCS which was the only one tested to have over 84 ionic minerals and trace elements versus the one with 25 minerals that is referenced?

That is clearly CRAP SALT they analyzed. It doesn't get clearer than that.

And, it's good to discriminate to make sure one isn't eating crap salt, as the article is correct in observing there are a lot of salts claiming to be Himalayan that are inferior. But, to say that ALL are inferior, is simply incorrect. The one that started it all and that was researched by Peter Ferreira is safe and healthy and has no add *sodium* fluoride, which is harmful. Only naturally occurring *calcium* fluoride which, if you read Wikipedia, is "considered relatively harmless due to its extreme insolubility."

To lump the original Himalayan Crystal Salt (which everyone is trying to claim is "theirs") into the same category as other "Himalayan Salt" (aka CRAP rock salt), is like comparing a Ferrari to a Volkswagen. There's no comparison.

This article is so POORLY referenced, with a lot of inaccurate information. Referring to it as a legitimate piece of research, to me, really draws into question the intelligence of those referring to it as a balanced, accurate and well-reasoned piece of research. It's not. It is ignorant at best, slanderous at worst. This is how legitimately GOOD health products get banned or controlled by the FDA. Unless you like throwing your health choices out the window, I suggest you DISCRIMINATE a little better and stop jumping on bandwagons as they pass you by.

I'm very health-conscious and I don't use fluoride toothpaste, but I will definitely continue to use my *Original* Himalayan Crystal Salt from the one company that started it all and whose product has yet to be matched by anyone, including "Celtic" sea salt: www.himalayancrystalsalt.com

It would appear that whoever said this, "and I love how the other comments are all from folks worried about their massive profit margins disappearing " would love to think I'm somehow profiting off HCS for posting this information, but I'm just a very satisfied user of their products and I've done my homework. You have not. Learn the difference in the fluorides. Learn the difference between the types of so-called "Himalayan Salt", and discriminate to separate the fact from the fiction, which that article clearly represents.

I can excuse ignorance, but not stupidity, which is what it becomes when one is exposed to the facts, yet then chooses to ignore them. "

"So much of the New Age is not spirituality as change, but spirituality as escapism. It is suppressing and diverting the awakening, not advancing it. "...David Icke.
indigowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:03 AM   #15
gnosis_dub

I would still believe Himilayan Pakistan salt is still good for you.
http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/salt.htm

debate on H. Salt @ above top secret : http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread565596/pg1

I would suggest the Bolivian salt as a top alternative. It is rich in minerals and flavor and similar to Himilayan salt.

Bolivin Rose salt
http://www.therosesalt.com/

Other Alternatives:

Kala_Namak - The original Himalayan salt from India, although I would warn you, it is said to have a strong ordor and possible flavor of rotten eggs (probably from the sulfur content).

INCA sun salt
http://www.weissenbruch-salz-collect...234176ea7bdc1b

Hawiian salt
Alaea
http://www.saltworks.us/alaea.html

Celtic Sea salt
http://www.healthfree.com/celtic_sea_salt.html
gnosis_dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #16
dalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigowarrior View Post
OP your original article you posted had a lot of responses; for example;

from
http://naturalhealthnews.blogspot.co...alth-scam.html
That's not where my article came from, but anyway you forgot to include these two articles. From, guess what anonymous.......
How convenient.
Quote:
Anonymous said...

Wow!!! This post must really hit the mark, because it looks like someone (posting as lots of different "anonymous" posts) is really trying to make it look bad... real people just don't have this strong reactions to some voicing misgivings about a new product... most of these comments are obviously fabricated by the Himalayan Crystal Salt marketing people... very sad!
3:22 PM
Quote:
Anonymous said...

There's no need to look for scientific analysis of this salt to be skeptical of it's virtues. Here are some claims from the description of this salt I have open right now (not in English): salt's energetic vibrations correspond to the energetic vibrations in human cells; each of the particles of the salt includes solar energy in the form of biophotons, salt includes 84 chemical elements that correspond to 84 elements in our blood. And so onÖ Find me a physicist or chemist who would sign under these claimsÖ. And other descriptions I have found look very similar. People, who believe crap like this simply behave irrationally. It is astounding how we, being so unaware and skeptical of science in general, are so easily persuaded by a couple of scientifically sounding claims. ItĎs just sad, simple as that.
Herbal Organics
Old 10-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #17
dalem

I don't mind anyone who doubts my post or has other concerns about it but, show me a packet of Himilayan Salt that clearly shows the ingredients. !!! It is required by EU law to show the ingredients.

EU laws states that:

Quote:
Ingredients - All ingredients of the food must be stated under the heading 'Ingredients' and must be stated in descending order of weight. Moreover, certain ingredients such as preservatives must be identified as such by the label ‘Preservatives’, a specific name, e.g. "sodium nitrite", and the corresponding European registration number colloquially known as an "E number", e.g. "E250".
Quote:
Place of Origin - The food is required to specify its place of origin, especially if the name or trademark is misleading - such as if the product is called ‘English Brie Cheese’ when it is produced in France.
Herbal Organics

Last edited by dalem; 10-05-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #18
blue2

Are we talking Coarse Himalayan Pink Salt? I've used it for years with no ill effects whatsoever and taste is mile superior to any other salt. Always bought mine from www.detoxyourworld.com

There are always people out there trying to destroy peoples alternative natural choices. Because it is a challenge to the monster poisoned food industry that is provided in Supermarket Giants.

Supposing i have my salt then i eat some Walkers salted crisps within minutes my oesophagus is burning but not so with my Himalayan Pink salt. My blood pressure is perfect for my age too. After using pink salt for years i find the taste of other processed salts awful.

There is a world of difference between the artificial Fluoride coming through your tap water and in food and cosmetics chains, and naturally ocurring. Artifical fluoride is a By Product of the Petro Chemical Industry. You have it in your Tea Bags with bleaches also-so if you make a mug of ordinary tea with unfiltered 'normal' tap water you are consuming high quantities of Fluoride,it's the cumulative effects. Look on Thyroid UK see if they have Fluoride on there certainly it is on Thyroid Tears site. Maybe on Thyroid Patient Advocacy too. Artificial fluoride is causing fluorosis to bones.It is thyroid receptor antagonist.

We absolutely need Salt but the right type not the shite bought in shops.....heavily processed. If you have ever gotten sodium deficient you would know about it i can assure you because you would be very sleepy...it happened to me when it was the 'fashion' to not have salt in the 80's-yes we have fashions come about just as with medical establishment have fashions in different decades just like the fashion industry comes and goes in circles until it come full circle again and it is contradicted. I cooked with lemon juice to offset no taste of salt in cooking saying boiling veges..soon became ill and drowsy so had a blood test and yes it was sodium deficient so i had to begin again....but knew nothing back then of Pink Himalayan salt. Always gonna be scare mongerings about everything in life.

I shall contact Detoxyourworld about this and see what they say.

Last edited by blue2; 10-05-2010 at 01:01 PM.
blue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #19
blue2

Gnosis - the salt having the rotten egg smell is BLACK SALT.
blue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #20
dalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
Are we talking Coarse Himalayan Pink Salt? I've used it for years with no ill effects whatsoever and taste is mile superior to any other salt. Always bought mine from www.detoxyourworld.com
I am certainly not trying to "destroy peoples alternative natural choices" or as you so eloquently put it "scare mongerings".

Like you and most other people on forum I want good health from good sources of nutrients.

Does your salt labeling have a list of ingredients and ammounts ? I imagine not, it is only described as Himilayan Salt......it makes me very suspect why ingredients are not included in packaging. If it does could you post it here please?

I have contacted many suppliers, health food shops and even importers and not one can tell me the ingredients of their salts.
Really, should we be consuming products that are only claimed to "contain all these nutrients" as health concious individuals we need proof.

Would you buy any product from your local supermarket that had no contents on the label, I think not.

My only choice now is to pay and have the salt I purchased analyzed by a professional laboratory. The results of which I will post here in due course.

As for the comments about Thyroid you are absolutely right and it is one of my main concerns as is pointed out on the threads about Iodine.
Herbal Organics