Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
johntitor

Smile Oldest living bonsai

Fact or fiction ? Help me trackdown the truth to this facinating tale. I'm a bonsai collector and interested in any information regarding this closely guarded secret !

''There is a myth I read once of a goat farmer in Iraq, who, while herding one day near what once was Babylon, fell into a long lost tomb when the ceiling gave way when he was walking on the sand covering it at the base of a rock outcropping.

In the center of this tomb was a pedestal made of solid gold and on top of it was a remarkable, though slightly unkempt, pine bonsai planted in a highly decorated and jewel encrusted pot filled with soil that consisted of thousands of small diamonds, dusted with what appeared to be bat dung. Rays of sunlight illuminated it from many angles, reflecting off of polished mica and originating from a small hole in the rock outcropping, also lined with plates of polished mica. A stalagmite directly above the bonsai dripped mineral rich water slowly but steadily onto the tree, washing any bat dung on the foliage into the diamonds below.

Upon study, scientists dated the pottery that held the pine at app 1000 years BC, making it over 3000 years old!

Some say that such a tree could never survive that long, others claim that the constant water and nutrient sources, coupled with controlled sunlight could have worked. Some say the tree would have died due to being root bound and become horribly overgrown, others claim the root restriction and the diamonds prevented this from happening.

I don't know myself, but I have heard rumors about a recent bonsai negotiation in Japan which was highly secretive, but which supposedly involved something along the lines of 100 million dollars. Seems it fell though when a government declared the bonsai as a national treasure and was going to seal it into a tomb?''

Above information taken from Bonsai site forums, contribution by Will Heath..

Any information out there please come forth, Please.. .. .

Geomagnetic Storms to EMP Bomb's, HAARP and THE-WMD & TPTB / Earthquakes / Planetary Alignement + more
WWIII-Russia-China-America-Iran
johntitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
billycourty

I would think if you were a collector of bonsais you would be the best one to tell us the truth to this story.

Do you think the bonsai could have survived without becoming over grow and root bound?

Do you think that the nutients would have been suffient for this speices of bonsai?

Jay
billycourty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
grenadene
Banned

What an interesting story, it's the first I've heard of it. The art of bonsai fascinates me but my knowledge is rather limited. Is it possible that the tree has been added to the pot later?
grenadene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
johntitor

From my research i believe its possible for this to be true. Bonsai experts the world over would agree in sufficient conditions nature can thrive with a balance of nutrients and light. A cave near my home called blue john cavern has a protected canabis type plant growing in the cavern..

here is some more info i stumbled across:-

Experts have known for years that bonsai trees, when cared for properly, can live a very long time. However, when you talk about an old bonsai tree, archeologist from the University of Chicago made an incredible discover in 2000. While working with the government of Tibet and exploring many of the ruins of the ancient Tibetan monastery, they found what is believed to be a 1,500 year old bonsai tree. Through in-depth testing, the monastery was estimated around 3,000 years old although 1,500 years ago, it was virtually destroyed by a major earthquake. As the archeologists walked into one particular room that had not been damaged, there in the center on a display table was a living, breathing 1,500 year old bonsai tree. As you can imagine, they were both shocked and overwhelmed.

It is not every day that someone walks into a ruin in Tibet to discover a 1,500 year old bonsai tree, just sitting there, as if waiting for their arrival. As the archeologist studied and surveyed the tree, they speculated that with just a small ray of sunlight coming into the room for just two hours a day, and absolutely no human intervention, this one lone tree had somehow survived. The next speculation about this 1,500 year old bonsai tree is that for nourishment, the tree survived on insect remains and bat droppings. However, as the archeologists looked around the room further, they also discovered that a nearby spring provided the tree with just a few drops of water every day, just enough to keep its soil moist. Can you imagine – a 1,500 year old bonsai tree, in the middle of Tibet, all alone! This discovery was remarkable, simply an impossibility yet it happened.

An old bonsai tree is also captured through traditional Japanese art. For example, in Tokyo, on the private grounds of Kobayashi Kunio’s residence, you would find an amazing bonsai museum called, “Shunkaen Museum of Japanese Traditional Art “Bonsai”. The cost of building this particular museum was more than $7 million US, taking a full 15 years to complete. Today, this museum boasts an amazing collection of some 2,000 bonsai-related artifacts, many of these being 500 year old bonsai trees.

The purpose of the Shunkaen Museum is to maintain and honor the living legend of the bonsai tree and its special world. Interestingly, this particular museum has been awarded the coveted Prime Minister’s Prize at the Japan Bonsai Exhibition, not once but four times! Featuring exhibitions in nine different categories, Kobayashi’s achievements associated with old bonsai trees is unmatched by any other. When in Japan, you can visit this museum Tuesday through Sunday to see for yourself the astounding world of the old bonsai tree!

Remember, bonsai can grow to 400 or 500 years old. Many bonsai grown are passed down through generations since they can easily outlive the original owner. However, when the bonsai tree is grown in the wild, it typically will grow much older. Remember that healthy and well cared for bonsai will often appear much older than they actually are. Without doubt, both young and old bonsai trees have a magical aura about them, a beautiful balance of art and science.
http://www.bonsaigardener.org/old-bonsai-tree.html
Geomagnetic Storms to EMP Bomb's, HAARP and THE-WMD & TPTB / Earthquakes / Planetary Alignement + more

Last edited by johntitor; 08-05-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
impermanence
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntitor View Post
From my research i believe its possible for this to be true. Bonsai experts the world over would agree in sufficient conditions nature can thrive with a balance of nutrients and light. A cave near my home called blue john cavern has a protected canabis type plant growing in the cavern..

Give us sources on this cannabis type plant. C'mon, c'mon dammit, do you think we're playing games? What is your major malfunction? Show me pictures, documentation, I wanna see research dammit, not hearsay!! Get your fat fucking ass in gear and have a report on my desk by 09.00 hours.
impermanence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #6
johntitor

lol, I'd ;love to please you with hard facts. I cant find anything on the bonsai more than whats already been said. As for this plant in blue john im going to have to dig deep. I suppose a visit to the cavern is the best eye candy you will get. Nothing about on the internet about this protected plant growth in the cavern.

I will try and hit that deadline thought... .. hehe

If its facts about bonsai, nutrients ect then i can do that no problem...

Last edited by johntitor; 08-05-2010 at 06:02 PM.