Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 28-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
nittylove

Default The book of Eli's hidden meaning.

Has anybody seen the film "The book of eli" starring Denzel Washington. In the film Washington is a wanderer transporting a bible in a post apocalyptic world. The bad guy in the film is called "Carnegie". At the end of the film we find out that Eli has been blind all along.

In the Talmud Eli was a prophet and in the bible he was a judge for 40 years who eventually went blind!

Now Carnegie is an unusual name - Andrew Carnegie was at one time one of the richest men in the USA. He was ruthless in business but gave pretty much all his money to good causes.He is quoted as saying "

As early as 1868, at age 33, he drafted a memo to himself. He wrote: "...The amassing of wealth is one of the worse species of idolatry. No idol more debasing than the worship of money." In order to avoid degrading himself, he wrote in the same memo he would retire at age 35 to pursue the practice of philanthropic giving for "...the man who dies thus rich dies disgraced."

He also wanted the abolition of all wars and world peace, and the abolition of the monarchy.

Gary Whitta was the scriptwriter for the film.

Were the names chosen for the hero and villain based on historical characters? Was the name Carnegie used as a villain because he rocked the boat with his principles?

The other main character in the film is called Solara(sun) and she is the final character followed at the end!

Can anyone enlighten further?
nittylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
mntruthseeker

Very interesting

The movie got such bad reviews that my husband backed out from taking me

He is not awake and I am sure that there is a message in all the hollywood movies
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
andyh
Banned

I'll take a looksee and post when I've watched it.
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 12:10 AM   #4
kingmob

Message in the movie: Bible good.

Last edited by kingmob; 29-03-2010 at 03:49 AM.
kingmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 01:26 AM   #5
prodigy_x

There are hidden messages in most movies if you look for them.
prodigy_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 02:19 AM   #6
bendoon

Quote:
He also wanted the abolition of all wars and world peace, and the abolition of the monarchy.
Sounds like David Rockefeller, Bill Gates, George Soros, Jacob Rothschild etc.

They all like to be seen as philanthropists, giving money to good causes. But when you examine the good causes they aren't really good causes at all.

Was Carnegie (the real life one) putting on the same act ? a bad guy pretending to be a good guy in public.
bendoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 05:16 AM   #7
brucel
Banned

maybe. there's some symbology in it as hollywood also blinded neo in the matrix movie ??

moviewise: blinding him has to be the worst/lamest plot twist ever made in movie history.
one minute they got him chopping people's hands-off, bashing heads, etc..then, you find
out that he couldn't see the entire time c'mon! who wrote this garbage....
brucel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 06:43 AM   #8
sodi

should I watch the film or no ? good bad ?
sodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 06:47 AM   #9
kingmob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodi View Post
Nothing special. Average flick, one of Denzel's worst.
Old 29-03-2010, 07:22 AM   #10
jraappana

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodi View Post
Go and see, maybe the message was that some bad people can (or they just canīt) and want to use knowledge and especially books like the bible, to rule the lamb and the people who are afraid of themselves. No, thatīs not the point.

Maybe it is the warning to save the books like bible, save the knowledge, īcause fire can burn wood and computerīs run on electricity, what can be taken away with just a press of a button. Maybe the message is to make sure that the knowledge of anything that HAS BEEN, cannot be modified, altered for the use of powerty "drugged" rulers.

Save the info

And a warning for the people, that things can go away. Big fallout, no more television and Ladey Ga Ga for the masses. Appreciate the little things, reminder maybe, with a little Hollywood in it, two shots of fear and one shot of hope in the end. Little cynical, eh.

The Road -movie, (same theme), with very deep thoughts and dark setting, havenīt seen the ending yet. (If youīre sensisitive, this may have too graphic & violent scenery) About survivalism, after nuclear war where thereīs no local crocery store to buy food or supplies.

Games about same theme:
Fallout 3 (scenery in The Book of Eli is very, very similar.)

Sorry my bad english skills, have to train a bit more.
jraappana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #11

He wasn't blind, he was just able to read brail. One of 2 people able to read brail in the entire movie. Knowledge is power. Basically the movie is stating that the bible is good, but it is used to evil purposes of control, and its pointless holding yourself up as a religious person when you don't follow the true principals of the book.

It was an OK movie but nothing too fantastic.

I kinda liked it cause it emphasized trade & probably what America will be like in 10 years time >.<

Last edited by 01011000; 29-03-2010 at 08:41 AM.
01011000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #12
andyh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittylove View Post
Has anybody seen the film "The book of eli" starring Denzel Washington. In the film Washington is a wanderer transporting a bible in a post apocalyptic world. The bad guy in the film is called "Carnegie". At the end of the film we find out that Eli has been blind all along.

In the Talmud Eli was a prophet and in the bible he was a judge for 40 years who eventually went blind!

Now Carnegie is an unusual name - Andrew Carnegie was at one time one of the richest men in the USA. He was ruthless in business but gave pretty much all his money to good causes.He is quoted as saying "

As early as 1868, at age 33, he drafted a memo to himself. He wrote: "...The amassing of wealth is one of the worse species of idolatry. No idol more debasing than the worship of money." In order to avoid degrading himself, he wrote in the same memo he would retire at age 35 to pursue the practice of philanthropic giving for "...the man who dies thus rich dies disgraced."

Gary Whitta was the scriptwriter for the film.

Were the names chosen for the hero and villain based on historical characters? Was the name Carnegie used as a villain because he rocked the boat with his principles?

The other main character in the film is called Solara(sun) and she is the final character followed at the end!

Can anyone enlighten further?
Well, I've seen it.
The underlying message is basically one of faith, perseverance and absolution.
An interesting twist at the end of the movie is Alcatraz. Perhaps suggesting that societies outcasts turned out to be the better and more civilised in the end but also perhaps not as alcatraz is just a tourist attraction now.
Also worth considering is that the native indians created a cultural centre on the island shortly after it was decommissioned iirc...I believe they had an informational/educational area there.
An american would probably know more about that than me as it was a long time ago I heard about it.
Old 29-07-2011, 01:09 AM   #13
dcb18c5

Wink

Eli was a "blind" black man in a post apocalyptic world. This movie carries many, many, many hidden symbolism within the characters themselves, and their actions. The "bible" in the movie is symbolic to the "Book of Life", which many are disciplined to put the entire thing to mind.

Peace.
dcb18c5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 01:34 AM   #14
andyh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb18c5 View Post
Eli was a "blind" black man in a post apocalyptic world. This movie carries many, many, many hidden symbolism within the characters themselves, and their actions. The "bible" in the movie is symbolic to the "Book of Life", which many are disciplined to put the entire thing to mind.

Peace.
Heh, the "book of life" is in your head.
I suppose that was perhaps the meaning behind it.
Old 29-07-2011, 01:34 AM   #15
jimmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucel View Post
maybe. there's some symbology in it as hollywood also blinded neo in the matrix movie ??

moviewise: blinding him has to be the worst/lamest plot twist ever made in movie history.
one minute they got him chopping people's hands-off, bashing heads, etc..then, you find
out that he couldn't see the entire time c'mon! who wrote this garbage....
You are obviously stuck in a 3D kung fu reality, Kwai Chang Kane's Master Po could catch flies with chopsticks despite being blind, and that was years before Mr Miyagi was even born.
jimmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 01:38 AM   #16
ragnarok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi View Post
You are obviously stuck in a 3D kung fu reality, Kwai Chang Kane's Master Po could catch flies with chopsticks despite being blind, and that was years before Mr Miyagi was even born.
Didn't Rutger Hauer do a bit of blind kung-foolery?

Aah, yes, here we have it. Blind Fury

Last edited by ragnarok; 29-07-2011 at 01:40 AM.
ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 01:58 AM   #17
ronisron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmob View Post
Message in the movie: Bible good.
Yes, an overtly Christian message that the Bible would restore peace, order and truly bring God to the post apocalyptic world.

There was a jumble of symbolism too, as per the names as mentioned in the OP.
Old 29-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #18
jimmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
Didn't Rutger Hauer do a bit of blind kung-foolery?

Aah, yes, here we have it. Blind Fury
Yeah but Rutger Hauer is a bloody actor innit? not a real Shaolin like Kane and Po.
Old 29-07-2011, 02:26 AM   #19
ragnarok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi View Post
Yeah but Rutger Hauer is a bloody actor innit? not a real Shaolin like Kane and Po.
Now I want to see a kung fu movie where everybody is blind and useless.
Old 29-07-2011, 02:35 AM   #20
jimmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
Now I want to see a kung fu movie where everybody is blind and useless.
Like a Monty Ninjas Holy Grail ?