Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Illuminati / Secret Societies
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
ufochick

Default Eastern Star

I have not seen any info on eastern star, the sister organization to the masons. I had a very very brief first marriage, my husband was a mason. He was quite young as was I at the time so he would have been at the lowest level, to dumb to climb far I'm afraid. But I was pressured terribly by the family join eastern star and participate in their rituals. It gave me a creeepy feeling and I continued to say no, I went to one meeting as an observer but of course was asked to leave when anything "real" began. What I saw was a bunch of walking about in certain patterns.
Interestingly enough I divorced the lout after finding out his father was a child/teen molester (and 32 degree mason). But is there any power to the females group? I wonder if the women of the illuminati are members or if it's just a farce with no real impact..
Any comments??
Old 02-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
grandsecretary

The Order of the Eastern Star is a peculiarly American organisation. It does not exist in England, thank goodness. Anything that can happen, does happen in the United States of America. This has its disadvantages as well as its many advantages. That is why we love you'all.

The Grand Lodge of All England has no connection with any other body, Masonic or non-Masonic unless supported by a written Treaty or Agreement ratified by a Convocation of The Grand Lodge of All England. grandsecretary speaks on behalf of The Grand Lodge of All England. He does not represent the policies or views of ANY other Masonic organisation.

Last edited by grandsecretary; 02-03-2010 at 10:21 AM.
grandsecretary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
lasswade

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandsecretary View Post
The Order of the Eastern Star is a peculiarly American organisation. It does not exist in England, thank goodness. Anything that can happen, does happen in the United States of America. This has its disadvantages as well as its many advantages. That is why we love you'all.
Morning All
First time poster here!!
But I think you may well be wrong , OES is also in Scotland
They meet at my lodge and are well attended by both men and women
lasswade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #4
thetonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufochick View Post
Interestingly enough I divorced the lout after finding out his father was a child/teen molester (and 32 degree mason).
Although this statement seems not at all suprising . Why would you divorce someone for the atrocities committed by their relatives/parents? Seems like a dubious reason to write someone off ... ?

EVERYTHING!!! is a state of mind

"I haven't a scooby-doo what he was going on about?" - Velma
thetonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
thelonious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufochick View Post
I have not seen any info on eastern star, the sister organization to the masons.
The Eastern Star is a fraternal organization founded by Rob Morris in Kentucky in the late 1800's. It is not a "sister organization to the Masons", although Morris required that all men who joined had to be Master Masons.

Quote:
But I was pressured terribly by the family join eastern star and participate in their rituals. It gave me a creeepy feeling and I continued to say no, I went to one meeting as an observer but of course was asked to leave when anything "real" began. What I saw was a bunch of walking about in certain patterns.
The Eastern Star has one primary ritual, which is its initiation ceremony. It is boring beyond belief, with no real meat in it, symbolically or allegorically. The various rites of adoption (Masonic organizations for women, with their origins in continental Europe) are far superior. I have no idea why Eastern Star became so popular in the US.
thelonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #6
grandsecretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasswade View Post
Morning All
First time poster here!!
But I think you may well be wrong , OES is also in Scotland
They meet at my lodge and are well attended by both men and women
It must be an American offshoot that has landed in Scotland. What a pity. I have a feeling that thelonius and I are about to agree again.

The Grand Lodge of All England has no connection with any other body, Masonic or non-Masonic unless supported by a written Treaty or Agreement ratified by a Convocation of The Grand Lodge of All England. grandsecretary speaks on behalf of The Grand Lodge of All England. He does not represent the policies or views of ANY other Masonic organisation.

Last edited by grandsecretary; 02-03-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
nefilim777

Quote:
It must be an American offshoot that has landed in Scotland. What a pity. I have a feeling that thelonius and I are about to agree again.
Whats your big problem with OES?

Into my loneliness comes -
The sound of a flute in dim groves that haunt the uttermost hills.
Even from the brave river they reach to the edge of the wilderness.
And I behold Pan.
nefilim777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
sofa king

In a nutshell, the OES is the place that wives of Masons can attend so they do not feel left out.

It has no teeth, no history and for most, no draw.
sofa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #9
grandsecretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefilim777 View Post
Whats your big problem with OES?
I don't have a problem with it, just a personal opinion.

But they ARE left out. What an insult to women. It is a sop to women pretending to involve them in their husband's freemasonry when it doesn't. The rituals are empty, meaningless, and hopelessly boring and I smell the lure of the almighty dollar.

Their choice, of course, but there are far better things to do with their time than self-indulgent pretentious nonsense that wastes time and money.

Last edited by grandsecretary; 02-03-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #10
kadosh
Banned

The Order was introduced into Scotland in 1868 by Bro Robert Morris when he visited Edinburgh. The first recorded Chapter in Scotland is "VICTORIA" Chapter No 1, and the date of their Charter was 30th September 1874. - http://supremegrandchapterofscotland.co.uk/home.php
kadosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #11
stewart edwards

I actually knew about the Star before Freemasonry. Relatives

Dont you need in Scotland to have a GLoS mason present before the night can start? (Peter please dont have a heart attack)

Last edited by stewart edwards; 03-03-2010 at 04:34 PM.
stewart edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #12
lasswade

It seems that GS does know it all eh?
Below are chapters of the OES based in England thats correct ENGLAND!!!

ENGLAND.
FURNESS ABBEY No 102. Meets 3rd Tues of month at 7.30pm except August.
St John’s Ambulance Room, Strand, Barrow-in –Furness.
CORBY THISTLE No 382. Meets 2nd Monday of month at 7.30pm except Jan and August. First Saturday, June & December Meetings 3.P.M.
Corby Community Centre, High Street, Corby.
GOSPORT ST MARY’S No 419. Meets 1st Wed of month at 7.00pm except August.
Masonic Hall Clarence Street, Gosport, Hants
PORTSMOUTH No 468. Meets 3rd Monday of month at 7.30pm except August.
Wymering Methodist Centre, Sixth Avenue, Cosham, Portsmouth
COWPLAIN ST WILFRED’S No 626. Meets 4th Thurs of month at 7.30pm except August.
Lovedean Village Hall, LOvedean, Hants.

C'mon GS what about it
I really hope you reply to this post even just to admit you are wrong as you are about so many other things
Old 03-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #13
grandsecretary

Quote:
It seems that GS does know it all eh?
Below are chapters of the OES based in England thats correct ENGLAND!!!

ENGLAND.
FURNESS ABBEY No 102. Meets 3rd Tues of month at 7.30pm except August.
St John’s Ambulance Room, Strand, Barrow-in –Furness.
CORBY THISTLE No 382. Meets 2nd Monday of month at 7.30pm except Jan and August. First Saturday, June & December Meetings 3.P.M.
Corby Community Centre, High Street, Corby.
GOSPORT ST MARY’S No 419. Meets 1st Wed of month at 7.00pm except August.
Masonic Hall Clarence Street, Gosport, Hants
PORTSMOUTH No 468. Meets 3rd Monday of month at 7.30pm except August.
Wymering Methodist Centre, Sixth Avenue, Cosham, Portsmouth
COWPLAIN ST WILFRED’S No 626. Meets 4th Thurs of month at 7.30pm except August.
Lovedean Village Hall, LOvedean, Hants.

C'mon GS what about it
I really hope you reply to this post even just to admit you are wrong as you are about so many other things
How did they get here? "Based in England" is not English, is it? OES is an American invention. Oh dear I thought the world had ended when McDonalds got here. Is there no end to our suffering?

Last edited by grandsecretary; 03-03-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #14
lasswade

Quote:
Is there no end to our suffering?
Ha Ha I sure hope not!!!
Just kidding

Last edited by lasswade; 03-03-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #15
lasswade

Quote:
Whoops wrong again GS
It does exist in England
Old 03-03-2010, 09:18 PM   #16
grandsecretary

Quote:
Whoops wrong again GS
It does exist in England
Not wrong at all. It is not connected with English Freemasonry. It is an American import. Good luck to them. It saves the effort of actually using the brain.

Last edited by grandsecretary; 03-03-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #17
kadosh
Banned

There may be OES Chapters based in England (although it was news to me too). It would be interesting to know the backgound to them being formed and by whom. However, the fact is that UGLE members are not allowed to become members of any OES unit in England. It is not recognised.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #18
grandsecretary

I suspect that they are connected with American military bases because they cannot meet without the presence of one male Master Mason.

I can't understand the attraction to be honest but good luck to them and it is none of my business.

And I prefer to eat chips off a clean plate using a clean knife and a clean fork.

Last edited by grandsecretary; 04-03-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #19
kadosh
Banned

There are also some PHA (Prince Hall) Masonic lodges on US military bases in England. So, I suspect the OES Chapters may also be connected to them. I cannot see that these OES Chapters are actually operating from UGLE related Masonic Halls.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #20
grandsecretary

I VERY much doubt it. Yes PHA makes sense. They are very much involved with the Eastern Stars.