Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Freeman-On-The-Land
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 17-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
the worm that turned
Inactive

Default PDCS Debt Collection

Just had a call from an arrogant little scot who threatened and attempted to judge me over... MY PHONE!!

Desperate in his attempts to establish that I was MR or MRS Bloggs, and even when I said no I'm Joe Bloggs he said, so you are Mr Bloggs of [address]!! Unreal.

Refused to state who he was and why he was calling. Once he (IHO) believed that I was Mr Bloggs he then stated his reasons for calling! Collecting a debt on behalf of his client EON. So I asked if he had a contract with me...No. Why are you calling then? Don't need a contract and according to him, nor do EON quoting utilities act 2000. When explained that when I moved in the supplier was EDF he went quiet.

Threatened to "pursue" me for the debt, so I asked what exactly he means by that...he responds get a dictionary. I said legal or english, he calls me "stupid". Nice guy.

Threatens to pass my information on to a legal team and threatens door step collections. I said how can you do that if we don't have a contract, surely illegal under data protection act, he said already done it and hung up.

He who leaves the battlefield!
the worm that turned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
yozhik

Just more reason to find a way to record phone calls
Anarchism stands for liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion; the liberation of the human body from the dominion of property; liberation from shackles and restraint of government. It stands for social order based on the free grouping of individuals.
It [...] maintains that God, the State, and society are non-existent, that their promises are null and void, since they can be fulfilled only through man's subordination.

- Emma Goldman
yozhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
daveskey69

had problems with these guys from Scotland. They are persistent. I can't remember the name of their company. Just ask them if they have a bonafide claim against you. Remember, it's all offer and acceptance.
Conditionally accept their offer.
daveskey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by the worm that turned View Post
Just had a call from an arrogant little scot who threatened and attempted to judge me over... MY PHONE!!

Desperate in his attempts to establish that I was MR or MRS Bloggs, and even when I said no I'm Joe Bloggs he said, so you are Mr Bloggs of [address]!! Unreal.

Refused to state who he was and why he was calling. Once he (IHO) believed that I was Mr Bloggs he then stated his reasons for calling! Collecting a debt on behalf of his client EON. So I asked if he had a contract with me...No. Why are you calling then? Don't need a contract and according to him, nor do EON quoting utilities act 2000. When explained that when I moved in the supplier was EDF he went quiet.

Threatened to "pursue" me for the debt, so I asked what exactly he means by that...he responds get a dictionary. I said legal or english, he calls me "stupid". Nice guy.

Threatens to pass my information on to a legal team and threatens door step collections. I said how can you do that if we don't have a contract, surely illegal under data protection act, he said already done it and hung up.

some times it is useful to get a phone recorder to record all conversations .
that dude was oblidged to give you their name , etc etc .

its funny how , under their own stupidity ,
that they are willing to accept that you are you
talk to you about the case
but then refuse to tell you their name etc etc and saying they dont need a contract ---------PMSL .
since they can not tell you as to why and how this bill got about

that ammounts down to being a conman IMO

Last edited by tracker; 17-02-2010 at 12:58 PM.
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
daveskey69

they need a name and the need you to give them a name. If you don't give a name, they will hang up. They probably think they need a name because of data protection and privacy, but they need you to consent to representing the name. But like I said, just conditonally accept everything they offer you.
Old 17-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
the worm that turned
Inactive

PastDue Credit Solutions Limited (Company no. SC287794).

He didn't care what I had to say and tried to talk over me. I refused to get angry with him but it was hard. He did say that I was obviously an intelligent man

Naturally while it was all fresh I contacted the legal team at EON and await their reply, bearing in mind I am due to meet them in Court over this matter!
Old 17-02-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
daveskey69

yea, i contacted Eon, and it was a mistake they had made with my case. And eventually, PDCS stopped contacting me.
At first Eon said they had no idea who PDCS were, but then i got someone to admit they were probably a collections agency working for them, but they didn't know the companies that collected debts for them, which I found incredulous. But they are nasty pieces of work and are very threatening.
Old 17-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
the worm that turned
Inactive

EON have apologised and said PDCS shouldn't have contacted me!

Waiting to hear about how they feel they had a right to pass my personal details to a third party.

EDIT: Imagine all this happening to an old lady on her own!

Last edited by the worm that turned; 17-02-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 17-02-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
yozhik

Quote:

Waiting to hear about how they feel they had a right to pass my personal details to a third party.

Why ask how they feel?
Add it to your claims; while the account is in dispute and leading up to a hearing, would this not breach the Data Protection Regs they are governed by?
Anarchism stands for liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion; the liberation of the human body from the dominion of property; liberation from shackles and restraint of government. It stands for social order based on the free grouping of individuals.
It [...] maintains that God, the State, and society are non-existent, that their promises are null and void, since they can be fulfilled only through man's subordination.

- Emma Goldman
Old 17-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #10
the worm that turned
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozhik View Post
Why ask how they feel?
Add it to your claims; while the account is in dispute and leading up to a hearing, would this not breach the Data Protection Regs they are governed by?
might add it to my claim (if I knew how!) or take out a separate one. what is the fine these days for breach of dpa? would I see any of it?
Old 17-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #11
scottmurray

third party interviener has no authority
for then to have it at all means the debt has been writen off in accounting terms
it has allready been claimed as an expense for tax purposes under provisions for bad debts
and when they bought the debt they settled the account.
DO NOT GIVE A DATE OF BIRTH AND ONLY DEAL IN WRITING
below is a letter and it should be of particular use to you
DONT LET EM BULLY YOU

Dear Sir/Madam
I refer to your contact dated the 17/04/2009 with reference XXXXXXXXXXX in which you allege there is an outstanding balance of £XXXX owed by me to your client XXXXX.
I do not acknowledge any such debt either to your company or to XXXXservices.
I ask that you no longer process my data and that you cease all further communications as is my right under Section 10, subsection (1) of the Data Protection Act 1998.
You have 21 days from receipt of this letter to state that you comply or intend to comply with my request. Should you not comply or intend to comply, you are to state your reasons as to why.
Please be aware that I will regard any further approaches other than in writing as harassment under S40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and any inappropriate written contact as harassment under that Act or S1 of the Malicious Communications Act 1988.
As such you are now to cease any telephone calls to my residence or workplace . Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a "doorstep call", please remember that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).
Please therefore take note that, I revoke license under English Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so without my permission, you will then be liable to damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone to visit me nevertheless.
Should you decide to ignore or continue to contact me about the alleged debt, I would ask that you provide documented proof that a) the debt exists and b) you are acting legally in your instruction for the alleged debt.
Failure to comply with any of the requests in this letter will result in further action being taken by me. This may include and may not solely be restricted to a complaint being made to The Office of Fair Trading and the Credit Services Association with regard to your professional conduct.
Please note that you will receive no further correspondence from me on this matter. The only communication I would now expect to receive from you would be confirmation that the matter is now closed.
This matter is not going to go away and ignoring the problem could potentially make your situation worse and I therefore strongly recommend that you heed the contents of this letter.
scottmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #12
girlgye
Inactive

Quote:

change your number.

Easiest way.
Never answer to people at the door. Unless they say the code word.
Rubber panties.
girlgye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #13
girlgye
Inactive

Quote:

they sell it for a profit. They did this at the time you signed the promisory note.
girlgye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 09:07 PM   #14
yozhik

Quote:
might add it to my claim (if I knew how!) or take out a separate one. what is the fine these days for breach of dpa? would I see any of it?
If you're on the 'innocent public' side, the fine is your left testicle and first born.
If you're on their side ... the fine is you get promoted.

Just look at parliament for proof of that; you lose hundreds of thousands of private data files and you stay there and get a decision handed down to build an even bigger database, breaching even more privacy rights ...

- Emma Goldman
Old 17-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #15
the worm that turned
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmurray View Post
third party interviener has no authority
for then to have it at all means the debt has been writen off in accounting terms
it has allready been claimed as an expense for tax purposes under provisions for bad debts
and when they bought the debt they settled the account.
DO NOT GIVE A DATE OF BIRTH AND ONLY DEAL IN WRITING
below is a letter and it should be of particular use to you
DONT LET EM BULLY YOU
I don't think it is as simple as that. I think that they 3rd party are merely employed by the original company to collect the debt on their behalf. If successful then they get a %age of the debt, if not then it gets passed back to the original company.

I have seen this a few times now, where at all times I've been in the right and sent the 3rd party packing. They know that they will only be successful in a few cases, hence the aggressiveness and the large number of debts they take on. The original companies don't have much to lose as these parasite 3rd party companies are doing their dirty work. If they are successful then they all get their money, if not the "alleged" debt remains for the original company to use other methods.

I will be raising this at Court (if it goes this far) and will be asking EON if they sold the debt and if they had to buy the debt back. As explained above though, I don't think this is how it works. The exact words of a legal person at EON in relation to this are:

"...if monies are owed we can pass the information to third parties to collect on our behalf..."

My emphasis added and very important in this case IF. A matter that is to be determined by Court not by EON.
Old 18-02-2010, 05:33 AM   #16
max6674

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozhik View Post
Just more reason to find a way to record phone calls

You mean something like this? http://www.altoedge.com/callrec/handset.html

I have a digital dictaphone as you can use this with a mobile also, just place it near to the earpiece or have the phone on loudspeaker.
max6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #17
danster82

Yes, little scot, Yes I understand, Ok,

Just send me your claims by writing, No sorry cannot do business over the phone, just send me your claims by writing,

Who should we send them too?

Whoever you have the claim against its your claim.

The phone is going down now dont do business over the phone

click.

Last edited by danster82; 18-02-2010 at 02:27 PM.
danster82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #18
mark1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by danster82 View Post

Just send me your claims by writing, No sorry cannot do business over the phone, just send me your claims by writing,

click.
Nice.
“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” - Buddha
mark1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #19
scottmurray

[QUOTE=the worm that turned;1058647616]I don't think it is as simple as that. I think that they 3rd party are merely employed by the original company to collect the debt on their behalf. If successful then they get a %age

in the event that they are employed by the origional creditor then as soon as so say no they leave you alone and pass it back i have gone through the doorstep collector job recruitmant process with 3 of the big forms now poseing as a genuine part time job seeker and asked these questions and their policy is allways the same.
I think some of the companies are whoely owned subsidaires of the banks that can complicate the challenge process.
Old 20-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #20
scottmurray

As time goes on after 6 years the debt becomes statute barred this means you can only be persued for 6 years then all bets are off.
however if the kind collection agents can prove it is you they have spoken to and get your date of birth then the 6 years starts from then the last time they were able to speak to you.(thats a very rough interpretation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danster82 View Post

click.