Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 17-02-2010, 03:01 AM   #1
chica314

Default Why do people naturally take advantage of others?

Seriously, in my experience, any sign of kindess=sign of weakness to others. This is promptly followed by taking advantage of the said kind individual.

Getting so damn sick of this. If there is going to be any change in the world, we can't be turning kind-hearted individuals into bitter, depressed, sad exploited people that just want to move to an isolated single-bedroom apartment to get away from the bullshit.

These are the leaders of the awakening that are being pushed into seclusion!!

Any thoughts on ways to deal with "users" without changing yourself? I am beyond over making connections with people. BTW I'm in college though so that could have something to do with it [I hope].
chica314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 03:15 AM   #2
senseifil

its not natural, its learned, a product of capitalism, which by its very definition 'to capitalize' means taking advantage of
Old 17-02-2010, 03:23 AM   #3
motokeiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica314 View Post
Any thoughts on ways to deal with "users" without changing yourself? I am beyond over making connections with people. BTW I'm in college though so that could have something to do with it [I hope].
Establish boundaries, one doesn't have to be stupid (not implying that are, it can happen to anyone) to be kind, just be kind when you see that you are not being exploited and cut off imidiatly if you think you are.

I don't know if I'd call myself a kind person but that's how I deal with it, I don't do the whole give the other cheek crap.

Last edited by motokeiru; 17-02-2010 at 03:34 AM.
motokeiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 03:26 AM   #4
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Seriously, in my experience, any sign of kindess=sign of weakness to others. This is promptly followed by taking advantage of the said kind individual.

Getting so damn sick of this. If there is going to be any change in the world, we can't be turning kind-hearted individuals into bitter, depressed, sad exploited people that just want to move to an isolated single-bedroom apartment to get away from the bullshit.

Dunno. I'm at the bitter, depressed, sad and exploited stage.

I Am Warrior, Queen Tantrum
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 03:42 AM   #5
innerlight

Quote:

just realize it's from a bee-hived collective mindset, the selfish ambition we Yanks know so well, and it's not a knock on who you are as a person.

from experience, "something" out there WANTS us to say FUCK IT and isolate in the apartment...but we can't Chica! we are social creatures, we need other people, other people need us, just cut ties and move on....you could always play "the joker" and get a small amount of revenge and teach a lesson, or you could just move on to relationships with non-assholes.....don't give up! WE ALL NEED YOU

We have to trust in order to love....we have to love in order to trust... DIANA
innerlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 03:49 AM   #6
surfer91

Because 50 per cent of the human population are selfish,greedy parasites who couldnt care less about anyone or anything,only themselves,me,me,me,
nice to your face,and and soon as your back is turned the parasites stick the knife in..
surfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 03:50 AM   #7
measle_weasel
Forum Advisor

Quote:

Because greed, stemming from pride, is intrinsic to human nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseifil View Post
its not natural, its learned, a product of capitalism, which by its very definition 'to capitalize' means taking advantage of
Capitalism never would have arisen, and it would not be able to survive as a paradigm, if greed were not already present in the vast majority of humanity to fuel and sustain it. Capitalism is a function of greed, not vice versa. You cannot teach someone to be greedy if they have no greed within them, just as you cannot hypnotize someone into doing something they are adamantly opposed to; if the desire is not already there, the things that arise out of an attempt to satisfy that desire will never come to be.

Everyone knows the world is full of stupid people

Knowledge, what is it? Do you have it?

Last edited by measle_weasel; 17-02-2010 at 03:54 AM.
measle_weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 03:57 AM   #8
fidokrab

Quote:
I used to deal with this all the time. One way I dealt with it, even if it's at the cost of losing a "user" friend, just politely let them know what they're doing. And keep reminding them when they're trying to use you again.

Another way is to constantly say no, but be friendly about it. This worked out for me many times. They, "the user friends", will notice the "no" pattern and will stop trying to use you. At this point, they're usually no longer a friend, but sometimes they realize and will continue to be friends.
fidokrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 04:14 AM   #9
meksar

Quote:

I think people always will as it is part of this false idea of respect in modern society. If you are feeling a bit agitated or upset about people walking all over you then just put it to the side, however don't allow any negative feelings or thoughts to build up inside you. That anger or bitterness may end up being directed at someone who does not deserve it, just become a bit more razor sharp and think carefully about doing people favors or taking shit from people.

There is a simple rule "do unto others as you would have done to yourself" and a lot of people unfortunately do not follow that basic principle. We are all guilty of being inconsiderate in the way are actions and words can effect others, i myself reflect on things i did and said in the past i now deeply regret.

The thing is that many people will take advantage of or belittle a kind person but yet bow down to and suck up to people that are not so kind. Respect has to be built on a mutual ground. Don't allow things like this to stop you from trusting others, truth is that you do not need respect from people who do not respect you in the first place.

I myself have always been quiet, reserved and happy to help others out, because of that people may have seen me as a easy target for manipulation and abuse. I usually try to avoid arguments, there have been many cases where i have wanted to teach people a lesson for things they have done to me or said about me. But all that is in the past and i have learned that meditating helps you see things a lot more clearly and makes your decision making and judgement more precise and accurate.
meksar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 04:27 AM   #10
tannah
Inactive

Quote:

As soon as they sniffed me out as a giver at the age of 7, they've been using me ever since. I'm fine about it, but can't pretend it doesn't piss me off from time to time. But when I'm on top of things I give money to people before they ask. It gets easier to know who is trying to use you. I also think it's all just a miss-placed appeal for love and correction. On the surface they seem like they're trying to use you, but a little deeper I think they're saying "please help set me free". And it occurred to me that one can help do that by not judging or condemning them. Or at the very least be true to yourself no matter what the price.
tannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 04:33 AM   #11
ex_anser_ovo

I'm with senseifil and measle weasel.

At a young age we can be overwhelmed by desires. And we can quickly learn that an easy way of getting what we want without going through the hoops, is by learning the ways of how to better take advantage of what other people want.

For example, I want to be loved by somebody, and they want new shoes. So they'll use what I want, to get them what they want. Then what they want afterward is to ditch me because I am of no use anymores. lol

Last edited by ex_anser_ovo; 17-02-2010 at 04:43 AM. Reason: A car seemed pretty ridiculous. I changed it to shoes!
ex_anser_ovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 04:37 AM   #12
tb303

Quote:
Any thoughts on ways to deal with "users" without changing yourself?
Learn to balance kindness to others with selfishness...you can't have one without the other.

And then turn the fucking TV off, and stop watching bullshit movies and listening to crap music
tb303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 05:53 AM   #13
quetzalcoatl

Arrow Why do people naturally take advantage of others?

Because they are in some form of fear.

Quote:

Old 17-02-2010, 05:55 AM   #14
eternal1stparty

I don't take advantage of others.
Old 17-02-2010, 06:22 AM   #15
decode reality

Quote:

Unfortunately we need to be aware of this trait in people - and ourselves (given the 'right' opportunity). You don't have to change but I think a good idea is to detach from expectations of people until they have proved themselves, so to speak. I have my faults, but I don't want to be like those people and I'd find it hard to, to be honest.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 06:31 AM   #16
hadabusa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseifil View Post
but why did ppl do it way before the term capitalism was invented?

going further, when in history did ppl NOT take or try to take advantage of eachothers?
hadabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 06:37 AM   #17
hadabusa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal1stparty View Post
I don't take advantage of others.
got a single product "made in china" in your household?
ever had one?

did it occur to you that these might be the labour result of a kid living in a nation with very supressive govt?

taking advantage of others is a very vague term, open to infinite interpretations and philosophicall pov's.
Old 17-02-2010, 06:39 AM   #18
hadabusa
Banned

[QUOTE=innerlight;1058645270]just realize it's from a bee-hived collective mindset, the selfish ambition we Yanks know so well (QUOTE]

to be fair, the rest of the world is "catching up" quick.
Old 17-02-2010, 06:50 AM   #19
ownoiz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadabusa View Post

going further, when in history did ppl NOT take or try to take advantage of eachothers?
True dat.

Some might argue that some 'kindness' (whatever that is) has been conditioned into us in recent times, to create a more placid populace.

Thats what Oprah show is for. Harmony keeps the peace. She like that word harmony...camp harmony, Community, Love, Peace, Joy and Harmony ... oprah sayings (google it to see im right) i think they come up with all that TV stuff in the CFR and club of rome meetings??

But reality is humans been double crossing eachother for millenia....and humans of 10 000 years ago probably wouldnt all start dancing just becase Ellen starts dancing and shuffling over the coffee table every day to the lastest SONY release either.

Going back, human communities, {and indeed this extends into some other primate and mammal societies (chimps/bonobos/gorillas/lions) ** work together to improve the individual and species chances of survival.

Today, once people figure out, or believe, they dont need ya - whether that be for financial or social benefit...if they dont need ya...watch out. Thats how most people are, like Rachel McAdams character in mean girls (but usually much much less attractive than her)

Thats my 2 doctor phil cents.

ownoiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 06:56 AM   #20
senseifil

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadabusa View Post

b4 capitalism was born, people were tribal, everyone worked together hunting and gathering for the tribe as a whole. capitalism was the introduction of the concept of value, and from there sprang greed.