Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Nutrition / Diet / Alternative Therapies / Healing
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 21-11-2008, 02:28 AM   #21
simplify

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfreud View Post
yup. here in my building our tap water is filtered using ayurvedic rasayani. it's harmless, natural, and does not eliminate vital salts and minerals from the running water.. plus it tastes as pure and fresh as river water

i agree. back in those days water used to be collected from wells, rivers, and other natural sources and preserved in clay pots. not only did it keep the water cool, but it also helped preserve the minerals.

i guess water today is distilled because of the high level of toxins and industrialisation that is present in our environment. problem-reaction-solution in a small way? i think so
Pinkfreud: Please can you explain what ayurvedic rasayani is. Tks.
simplify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 03:55 AM   #22
stelios
Banned

Personally i use a reverse osmosis machine fitted under the sink which filters tap water.
I assume the water is clean but it is also likely to leech minerals from the drinker to a certain extent as well as poisons and waste.
So the trick is to add a calcite feeder to the water before it goes into the tank.
This makes the water slightly alkaline and prevents it from leeching calcium.

Using the correct fluoride free toothpaste also comes in handy.
Another thing what i do is fill up an empty mineral water bottle and drink from this. That way you can make sure you drink the right amount of water every day.

Going back to cleft_asunder, firstly i am very glad you do post these topics because it is only from talking with enlightened people like yourselves that i learn stuff which might be good for me. And hopefully vice versa.
I used to buy distilled water too, it is crap.
There is no guarantee that the machines they use dont contaminate the water, remember the Dasani scandel when it was found to have cancer causing benzine in it.

Water is supposed to have energy.
Distilled water even if it is totally clean is DEAD water.
Water flowing in a river is alive with oxygen.

I dont know if the RO water is any good but i have been drinking and cooking with it since 2002. I have not visited the doctor nor have i missed a day from work since before that to be honest, but i am sure it is good.
stelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 04:11 AM   #23
psych641

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelios View Post
Water is supposed to have energy.
Distilled water even if it is totally clean is DEAD water.
Water flowing in a river is alive with oxygen.
oxygenating water is simple enough though, just agitate it.
psych641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 04:17 AM   #24
supertzar

How do you know distilled water was robbing you, cleft?
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 05:12 AM   #25
pinkfreud
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplify View Post
Pinkfreud: Please can you explain what ayurvedic rasayani is. Tks.
hey simplify

i guess the actual definiton of an ayurvedic rasayani[or rasayana] would be 'that which enters the essence', or in other words, that which promotes good health and longevity and negates ill health and/or disease. they are mainly derived from certain spices and herbs in ayurveda that are considered vital for health. you have rasayanis for the skin, for digestion, for the mind, for the organs and for general well being.

when it comes to water, ayurveda advises one to boil it and add certain rasayanas to replenish your body. it states that there are three main body types, namely kapha, pitta, and vata.

the predominant 'elements' in people who have a kapha type body have are water and earth, and they generally have larger body mass and an 'easy' disposition. it is advised that kapha types drink warm water coz this reduces the toxic buildup to which the kapha type skin is prone. some rasayanis advised for these individuals are ginger root, basil leaves, and cloves.

pitta category people are dominated by the element of fire. they [usually] have medium frames with fair, sensitive skin, a hearty appetite, a sharp mind, and tend to be very sensitive to the sun/heat. [im not sure but i think this applies to fair/white skinned people ] unlike kapha types, pitta people should preferably drink cool water (and NOT during meals). rasayanis advised for pittas are indian sarsaparilla powder, crushed or powdered cumin and coriander seeds, and a pinch of liqorice powder.

vata types should drink room temperature water. they usually have dry skin and i guess water which isn't too cold helps hydrate it. it helps if vatas use rasayanis such as fennel seeds, indian ashwagandha root powder and whole root liqorice powder.

in india you get these rasayanis either in powdered and/or liquid form. if you wanna follow this according to your body type you should alternate it with normal boiled [not distilled] water (there's no need to drink 10 glasses of rasayani water; just a bit works wonders) so in our building, those who wish to follow this 'routine' have the option of getting the required solution in their tap water.

i know people today don't have the time to mix these rasayanis in their drinking water, but it has helped me a great deal. it doesn't affect the taste of water that much, in fact it's lovely and ayurveda also puts forth that the aroma from these ingredients is very important; the fragrance helps in clearing the internal channels.

i guess the most important point id like to state is that while these therapies are a valuable aid in cleansing the body, it would be most beneficial if one follows the ayurvedic principles of diet. i dont have the time to follow an ayurvedic diet so this is just good enough for me.

if you need to know more about other rasayanis, simplify, please feel free to pm.

Last edited by pinkfreud; 21-11-2008 at 05:22 AM.
pinkfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #26
creamfields usa

A lot of misinformation in this thread!

Distilled water does a body fantastic for a cleanse. I wouldn't have it in my system unless the conditions are appropriate.

Certainly avoid fluoride laced water.
creamfields usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 10:55 PM   #27
Banned

Iv been drinking distilled water for a year , its done me no harm , .I think theres so many things doing us harm these days its difficult to pin point the exact cause ...

Last edited by 91181; 21-11-2008 at 10:56 PM.
91181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 02:10 AM   #28
supertzar

When is it not appropriate to have pure H2O in your system?
Old 22-11-2008, 05:09 AM   #29
pinkfreud
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamfields usa View Post
A lot of misinformation in this thread!

Distilled water does a body fantastic for a cleanse. I wouldn't have it in my system unless the conditions are appropriate.

Certainly avoid fluoride laced water.
fluoride laced water is very harmful, but if distilled water suits you fine go ahead. i guess some people just dont take to it.
Old 22-11-2008, 05:10 AM   #30
pinkfreud
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91181 View Post
Iv been drinking distilled water for a year , its done me no harm , .I think theres so many things doing us harm these days its difficult to pin point the exact cause ...
is that your baby?
Old 22-11-2008, 05:25 AM   #31
cleft_asunder
Inactive

Quote:
is that your baby?
I hope he doesn't turn it vegan. -_- Please make sure you breast feed it only! No pasteurized cows milk!
cleft_asunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 05:53 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
is that your baby?

Yep thats little dugie,he's 10months now..

Hi cleft .. No chance of that mate.. He will be eating big macs by the time he's 7 ........only kidding ... strickly organic meat ....

Last edited by 91181; 22-11-2008 at 05:58 AM.
91181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 05:56 AM   #33
pinkfreud
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91181 View Post
Yep thats little dugie,he's 10months now..
what a cutie make sure you teach him what you know when he grows up.. before his brain gets scrambled thanks to 'formal education'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleft_asunder View Post
I hope he doesn't turn it vegan. -_- Please make sure you breast feed it only! No pasteurized cows milk!
lol. what's so bad about being vegan

Last edited by pinkfreud; 22-11-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Old 22-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #34
mountainwarrior

op's first op is complete speculation.

i don't trust op.

but i do trust stewart swerdlow, who say's to drink distilled water
You will do me justice to remember that I have always strenuously supported the right of every man to his own opinion, however different that opinion might be to mine. He who denies to another this right, makes a slave to himself to his present opinion, because he precludes himself the right of changing it. The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason. I have never used any other and trust I never shall.
mountainwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #35
mountainwarrior

lol. what's so bad about being vegan"

you need animal dna to replicate your own mammalian dna.

read the rat thread, vegans die and become weak.
You will do me justice to remember that I have always strenuously supported the right of every man to his own opinion, however different that opinion might be to mine. He who denies to another this right, makes a slave to himself to his present opinion, because he precludes himself the right of changing it. The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason. I have never used any other and trust I never shall.
mountainwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #36
element
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwarrior View Post
lol. what's so bad about being vegan"

Awesome logic I'd say.
So every bird eats bird dna, every other mammal eats mammal dna.
element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #37
supertzar

That's not what the logic is. It should read you need animal protein to replicate your human DNA.

Last edited by supertzar; 22-11-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 22-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #38
element
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
That's not what the logic is. It should read you need animal protein to replicate your human DNA.
I'm not all too sure of that.

We need some experienced vegans to answer that.
element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 03:57 PM   #39
pinkfreud
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwarrior View Post

that's simply illogical. and no we don't.

my entire family has been vegan since birth. they should have all died by now. my great granma is alive and kicking at 98.

oh, and ive become one too. used to eat meat and all that, gave it up a couple of months back for health reasons mostly.. and im healthier than ever.

and if animals needed other species' dna to replicate their own, the whole planet would be eating each others' heads off.

stewart swerdlow's stuff has been questioned numerous times. check out the 'stewart swerdlow- fraud?' thread.

also check out the 'if you eat meat, you're a satanist' thread. yeah, i know the title's way off, blame the op, but there are some very good points in there [scientific and logical ones, not religious or anti-satanic shit].

anyway, to each his own. i guess being a vegan or not would depend on how your body takes to it. same with meat.

peace be with you.

Last edited by pinkfreud; 22-11-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 23-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #40
pacoquerak

Quote:
that's simply illogical. and no we don't.

my entire family has been vegan since birth. they should have all died by now. my great granma is alive and kicking at 98.

oh, and ive become one too. used to eat meat and all that, gave it up a couple of months back for health reasons mostly.. and im healthier than ever.

and if animals needed other species' dna to replicate their own, the whole planet would be eating each others' heads off.

stewart swerdlow's stuff has been questioned numerous times. check out the 'stewart swerdlow- fraud?' thread.

also check out the 'if you eat meat, you're a satanist' thread. yeah, i know the title's way off, blame the op, but there are some very good points in there [scientific and logical ones, not religious or anti-satanic shit].

anyway, to each his own. i guess being a vegan or not would depend on how your body takes to it. same with meat.

peace be with you.
You aren't a good case study, when we are growing up is when food effects our development the most. I think that animal products are more crucial the younger we are. That's why breast milk is so important, we need tons of fat to feed our growing minds.

Distilled water... I think it's fine as long as you consume sea salt. Everything and more that distillation takes out, mabee a bit too much salt but i dunno.

Really though, I think we shouldn't focus as much on what kind of water to drink but what we replace water with. I think fermented beverages are much more suited for healthy human consumption. Esspecially when we are thirsty during or after mastication.
pacoquerak is offline   Reply With Quote