Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #81
whatistruth
Banned

Measal, why would we choose not to exist just because there's no consequence for our suicide?
whatistruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #82
solarwindspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhydra View Post
There are people who wander around, they have no soul, they may have a spirit which is part of their human qualities but they don't have something deeper. I sometimes wonder if most humans I encounter have a soul, whether behind the facade of human nature there is just an empty space, a film set where everything is flimsy and two dimensional. I sometimes wonder whether they actually think or are merely glorified organisms that react to stimuli, who don't learn, are just trained to be "intelligent," and to give the impression of sentience.

Are you that decerning that you can look at someone . . .and tell what is in their soul? Or what might be buried beneath the layers of the exterior. . .

It's a twinklin of an eye . . for sure that anyone can lift a veil and know their own . . .soul

If you have breath. . .you have a soul. . .the real 'soul' is merely a higher purified nature (just as streams run over rocks in brooks purifying the water). . . who are you to say they are 'souless' . . .

I would say it has a lot to do with the health of the body. . .

Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of The Creator. Dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye, but the dance lives on.

Last edited by solarwindspirit; 12-09-2009 at 09:32 PM.
solarwindspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #83
measle_weasel
Forum Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadabusa View Post
whooooa
your post is so full of shit, every toilet must be jeaulous.
The mark of a quality post... start off with an insult. Nice. I was pretty sure after reading this that you had no good argument, and I was proven correct by your followed words.

Quote:
first off,who says im an atheist?im not religious,but i dont like being labeled an atheist, especially with your added claim i dont care about nothing.
I didnt say you didnt care about anything. I said life and death are meaningless to the soulless, as life and death both lead to nothingness with no memory of prior actions. Therefore, your existence is meaningless, and is worthless and not worth living. I am speaking in terms of objectivity, not of your personal subjective feelings, which are objectively meaningless.

Quote:
wich brings me to my next point.
i enjoy my life alot, thats why you wont see me jump off a cliff.
It doesnt matter if you enjoy your life or not. You wont remember ANY of it, thus is doesnt matter if you hate life, or love life. The repercussions of your actions while alive are also meaningless, as the universe will end the same way, regardless of anything you do.

Im honestly not sure why this is such an enormously difficult concept for you no-soul believers to get. If there is no soul, no record of things done, nor any lasting consequences from actions, then NOTHING matters... nothing, not you, your feelings, your children, your spouses, nothing.

Quote:
while you(apparently a christian,pardon me if im way off) have been told suicide is an unforgiveable sin.and most probably thats the only reason holding you back from making that step over the edge.
amirite?
xtians and all other religion followers are being brainwashed into the scheme of being a nice bitch while living on earth,but dont dare to commit suicide(your masters need you,to wrench out the last drop off blood,to medicate you to the coffin before the 401k if paid out)since thatd label your ticket to heaven useless.
your hoping for something better then the actual life youre living.
why?why?

look,ill enjoy my life as i please.i do no harm to anyone,stick that to your pipe.
if you dont like that,well,fine.ill take the offer for a next life, no problem.
do i deserve the eternal oven for this,or what?
Youre so far off the mark, its ridiculous.

Everyone knows the world is full of stupid people

Knowledge, what is it? Do you have it?

Last edited by measle_weasel; 12-09-2009 at 10:33 PM.
measle_weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:50 PM   #84
measle_weasel
Forum Advisor

Quote:
measle weasel.the million dollar question.

prove me there exists a thing called soul.

prove it exists after and before life as we know it.

do animals have soul,while were at it?

prove it, using science(you refered to this).

stone cold proof,please.
This is not the question at hand. You have yet to answer why you wont kill yourself while also acknowledging the meaninglessness of your existence, which is easily provable by science if souls do not exist.

Quote:
you dont wanna make yourself look like an airhead who cant back up his claims,right?
I am unconcerned with your opinion of me.

Last edited by measle_weasel; 12-09-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #85
measle_weasel
Forum Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatistruth View Post
Measal, why would we choose not to exist just because there's no consequence for our suicide?
The outcome of your living long and happy, or short and sad, are the same, WIT. Ive already tried to get you to understand the fact that if you are soulless, then it doesnt matter what you do, your outcome is the same, but I havnt been able to get through to you.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #86
dolores1

Default Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurupted_flesh View Post
I know one clear indicator - but I can't say it, too controversial.
If this knowledge can help others please say what it is.
dolores1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:06 PM   #87
rodin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael christopher View Post
Even the most disgusting, vile, hateful people have souls.
rodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 02:17 AM   #88
whatistruth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by measle_weasel View Post
The outcome of your living long and happy, or short and sad, are the same, WIT. Ive already tried to get you to understand the fact that if you are soulless, then it doesnt matter what you do, your outcome is the same, but I havnt been able to get through to you.
Well actually no, because my family would be quite sad were I to end my life, and even so i'd like to exist for a while.
I wont get to again.

And i could equally well tell you to kill yourself if you believe in an afterlife.
I dont think you should though i think your ok!

Last edited by whatistruth; 13-09-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 13-09-2009, 02:36 AM   #89
process

sick but true...
process is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 03:13 AM   #90
oceanwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by authority View Post
In a discussion today i asked a Jewish guy a question about organ trafficking that was all over the internet.
so this Jewish as well as Chinese co workers both said with a laugh-- "who cares, they are Palestinians"

so, that made me wonder if those people are possibly without soul.

because, how can you NOT feel empathy and horror of what is being done to those Palestinian people?!

how can any human be so inhumane to even make the joke about such despicable acts if he has humanity in him?

unless that human is not human, unless he does not have a soul?!

what do you think? Does such inhumane views indicate that those people have no souls?
you confuse 'soul' with 'belief'
life is but a gleam.
oceanwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 04:47 AM   #91
measle_weasel
Forum Advisor

Quote:
I dont think you should though i think your ok!
Thanks, youre OK too

Quote:
Well actually no, because my family would be quite sad were I to end my life, and even so i'd like to exist for a while.
I wont get to again.

And i could equally well tell you to kill yourself if you believe in an afterlife.
My point is that no ones feelings matter, if no one has a soul. Maybe Ill make a detailed thread on it at some point, just exploring this topic.

Though I do not kill myself because I believe in consequences to my actions. I dont necessarily believe that someone who kills themselves will go to hell, but I do believe, and logically so, that all the potential that you may have had in your future in that life that you ended, potential to make change for the better in the world, to have helped others, etc, is lost when you end your life. And whether or not someone will judge me on it or not, I would be quite disappointed in my self to have wasted all the potential I may have had.

There is potential in my future to affect the world in a positive way, and as I believe no action (every choice, every motion, etc) is ever forgotten, no action is therefore ever futile, so it would go against all sense to commit suicide.

For someone who does believe in forgotten actions though, and no souls, like I said, it doesnt really matter if someone lives fat and happy for 90 years as a banker whose indirectly killed millions, or as great leader who pushes the world past greed and hate and creates a paradise on Earth, or a person who lives in Africa for 12 years before dying of starvation, because life is irrelevant since no action taken during life can affect the final outcome of anything relevant because the universe will end regardless of what the things living inside of it do, and all memory and record will be lost forever. It will be as if it never happened in the first place, with no way to tell if it ever did.

This fact is what leads me to my question of why do no-soul believers not kill themselves. If someone truly and honestly believes in no-souls, and understands fully the ramifications of such a thing, theres really only two states they can enter into... one is a state of despair, for obvious reasons, and the other is a state of denial, again, for obvious reasons. I can only conclude that the no-soul believers on this forum are either in a state of denial, not wishing to accept the facts, because if they did they would surely despair if they understood the consequences, or simply do not believe what they themselves write and/or have never really thought about the concept in depth.

Old 13-09-2009, 05:08 AM   #92
whatistruth
Banned

It seems to me as if all these new agey type stuff is just being perpetuated since the older religions have failed in light of modern scientific understanding and reasoning.

The whole idea of a soul or afterlife was conceptualized by people who thought the world was flat, contained in a giant glass sphere that bobbed up and down at night and the sun was this spirit or that spirit etc.

I just dont understand, your evidence, or reasoning for a 'soul' is basically that if we dont have souls then everything is completely pointless?

And no, there will be no consequence for someone who ends their life, anyone who does so has mental problems of some sort even if they think they're doing it with a clear mind.
Simply a malfuntioning organism who's survival instinct has failed or who's been put in an incredibly unlucky position.

So people make up reasons to explain away the suffering of the innocents of the world, 'soul experience' or 'karma' or other new age type beliefs, none of which make any sense on closer analysis.
Old 13-09-2009, 06:49 AM   #93
measle_weasel
Forum Advisor

Quote:
It seems to me as if all these new agey type stuff is just being perpetuated since the older religions have failed in light of modern scientific understanding and reasoning.

The whole idea of a soul or afterlife was conceptualized by people who thought the world was flat, contained in a giant glass sphere that bobbed up and down at night and the sun was this spirit or that spirit etc.

I just dont understand, your evidence, or reasoning for a 'soul' is basically that if we dont have souls then everything is completely pointless?

And no, there will be no consequence for someone who ends their life, anyone who does so has mental problems of some sort even if they think they're doing it with a clear mind.
Simply a malfuntioning organism who's survival instinct has failed or who's been put in an incredibly unlucky position.

So people make up reasons to explain away the suffering of the innocents of the world, 'soul experience' or 'karma' or other new age type beliefs, none of which make any sense on closer analysis.
I havnt put forth any evidence as to souls yet. I might put forth a theory at some point, though. The point I was making is logical to assume though, that without the existence of souls, nothing has meaning and all events are meaningless, aside from the final one which is inevitable and unchangable.

If you want to prove to yourself the existence of a soul, train yourself to have an OBE, WIT. That will probably help you out, knowing that your consciousness is independant of your body.

Old 13-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #94
jiffy

Amazing how all known science get thrown out....cancel that, just plain ignored.

There are many reason why people do what they do, social, environmental, cultural and physiological.

Sociopath's and Psycopath for example would all more than likely "fit" your roll of a "Soulless person"
jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote