Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Nutrition / Diet / Alternative Therapies / Healing
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 22-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #41
kininigen

Great news! Wish the u.s. would get a clue too ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamideva View Post
BREAKING NEWS: Monsanto will halt production of genetically modified corn in all of Europe, except Spain, Portugal and the Czech Republic. The agrichemical multinational states that it will not spend any more money on trials, development, marketing, court cases or anything else to get GM corn accepted in Europe.

kininigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #42
swamideva

Default Monsanto Found Guilty of Chemical Poisoning in Lan

Monsanto Found Guilty of Chemical Poisoning in Landmark Case

A French farmer who can no longer perform his routine farming duties because of permanent pesticide injuries has had his day in court, literally, and the perpetrator of his injuries found guilty of chemical poisoning. The French court in Lyon ruled that Monsanto’s Lasso weedkiller formula, which contains the active ingredient alachlor, caused Paul Francois to develop lifelong neurological damage that manifests as persistent memory loss, headaches, and stuttering during speech.
Reports indicate that the 47-year-old farmer sued Monsanto back in 2004 after inhaling the Lasso product while cleaning his sprayer tank equipment. Not long after, Francois began experiencing lasting symptoms that prevented him from working, which he says were directly linked to exposure to the chemical. Since Lasso’s packaging did not bear adequate warnings about the dangers of exposure, Francois alleged at the time that Monsanto was essentially negligent in providing adequate protection for its customers.
To the surprise of many, the French court agreed with the claims and evidence presented before it, declaring earlier this year that “Monsanto is responsible for Paul Francois’ suffering after he inhaled the Lasso product … and must entirely compensate him.” The court is said to be seeking expert opinion on how to gauge Francois’ losses in order to determine precisely how much Monsanto will be required to compensate him in the case.
“It is a historic decision in so far as it is the first time that a (pesticide) maker is found guilty of such a poisoning,” said Francois Lafforgue, Paul Francois’ lawyer, to Reuters earlier in the year.
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), exposure to alachlor can cause damage to the liver, kidneys, spleen, and eyes, and may lead to the development of anemia and even cancer. The EPA apparently views alachlor as so dangerous, in fact, that the agency has set the maximum contaminant level goals (MCLG) for alachlor to zero in order to “prevent potential health problems.” (http://water.epa.gov/drink/contamina...n/alachlor.cfm)
NaturalSociety on Facebook
In 2007, France officially banned Lasso from use in the country in accordance with a European Union (EU) directive enacted in 2006 prohibiting the chemical from further use on crops in any member countries. But despite all the evidence proving that alachlor can disrupt hormonal balance, induce reproductive or developmental problems, and cause cancer, the chemical is still being used on conventional crops throughout the U.S. to this very day. (http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_...Rec_Id=PC35160)
“I am alive today, but part of the farming population is going to be sacrificed and is going to die because of (alachlor),” added Francois to Reuters.

Source: NaturalNews.com
Remember Open your Heart
From Newtonian physics to quantum physics
Everything that is visible must extend grow beyond itself into the realm of the invisible
swamideva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #43
swamideva

5 Ways you are Exposed to GMOs Without Eating Them

You don’t have to ingest GMOs as food in order to be exposed to them. There are plenty of other ways that GMOs come into our lives in many other forms.

Beauty Care Products
Many beauty care products like deodorant sprays, lotions, and facial cleansers, contain GMO derivatives. Look out for denatured alcohol which is simply ethanol made from BT corn. Also be weary of creams made with soy protein isolates, or dehydrogenated soy ingredients as these are also likely GMO.

Cotton
Is that shirt that you have on right now Organic? GM cotton covers more than 15 million hectares on the planet is accounts for more than 70 percent of all cotton grown. Chances are that your cotton swabs and balls are also GM Cotton.

Ink
While soy ink is marketed as an alternative to petroleum based products it is made from GM soy beans. Soy ink is printed on a variety of items from newspapers to magazines. It is also readily absorbed through the skin.

Hand Sanitizer
Not only do hand sanitizers fuel the creation of antibiotic resistant super bugs but they also contain ethanol made from GM corn.

Gasoline

When you go to the pump and see those little stickers that are appearing everywhere that say “May Contain up to 10% ethanol” you can rest assured that it is not ethanol derived from organically grown corn. The idiotic government subsidies shoved into the horribly inefficient process of ethanol production are ending up as fumes in traffic that you and I are breathing in.

Source: REALfarmacy by Matt Agorist
Remember Open your Heart
Everything that is visible must extend grow beyond itself into the realm of the invisible
Old 24-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #44
swamideva

Launching a lawsuit against the very company that is responsible for a farmer suicide every 30 minutes, 5 million farmers are now suing Monsanto for as much as 6.2 billion euros (around 7.7 billion US dollars). The reason? As with many other cases, such as the ones that led certain farming regions to be known as the ‘suicide belt’, Monsanto has been reportedly taxing the farmers to financial shambles with ridiculous royalty charges. The farmers state that Monsanto has been unfairly gathering exorbitant profits each year on a global scale from “renewal” seed harvests, which are crops planted using seed from the previous year’s harvest.

The practice of using renewal seeds dates back to ancient times, but Monsanto seeks to collect massive royalties and put an end to the practice. Why? Because Monsanto owns the very patent to the genetically modified seed, and is charging the farmers not only for the original crops, but the later harvests as well. Eventually, the royalties compound and many farmers begin to struggle with even keeping their farm afloat. It is for this reason that India slammed Monsanto with groundbreaking ‘biopiracy’ charges in an effort to stop Monsanto from ‘patenting life’.

Jane Berwanger, a lawyer for the farmers who went on record regarding the case,
told the Associated Press:

“Monsanto gets paid when it sell the seeds. The law gives producers the right to multiply the seeds they buy and nowhere in the world is there a requirement to pay (again). Producers are in effect paying a private tax on production.”

The findings echo what thousands of farmers have experienced in particularly poor nations, where many of the farmers are unable to stand up to Monsanto. Back in 2008, the Daily Mail covered what is known as the ‘GM Genocide’, which is responsible for taking the lives of over 17,683 Indian farmers in 2009 alone. After finding that their harvests were failing and they started to enter economic turmoil, the farmers began ending their own lives — oftentimes drinking the very same insecticide that Monsanto provided them with.
As the information continues to surface on Monsanto’s crimes, further lawsuits will begin to take effect. After it was ousted in January that Monsanto was running illegal 'slave-like' working rings, more individuals became aware of just how seriously Monsanto seems to disregard their workers — so why would they care for the health of their consumers? In April, another group of farmers sued Monsanto for ‘knowingly poisoning’ workers and causing ‘devastating birth defects’.

Will endless lawsuits from millions of seriously affected individuals be the end of Monsanto?

Do your part to end the madness and join a March Against Monsanto near you on 10/12/13

Source: Raw For Beauty

Natural Society
Remember Open your Heart
Old 24-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #45
syxx
Inactive

swami, could you clarify this date?

"Do your part to end the madness and join a March Against Monsanto near you on 10/12/13"

In the UK the date is written dd/mm/yy, but the US writes it as mm/dd/yy. Natural Society is in the US, so I am assuming this is NOT Dec 12, but is actually Oct 12, which (perhaps ironically) is Columbus Day.

Last edited by syxx; 24-07-2013 at 09:23 PM.
syxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #46
kininigen

Default Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamideva View Post

Launching a lawsuit against the very company that is responsible for a farmer suicide every 30 minutes, 5 million farmers are now suing Monsanto for as much as 6.2 billion euros (around 7.7 billion US dollars). The reason? As with many other cases, such as the ones that led certain farming regions to be known as the ‘suicide belt’, Monsanto has been reportedly taxing the farmers to financial shambles with ridiculous royalty charges. The farmers state that Monsanto has been unfairly gathering exorbitant profits each year on a global scale from “renewal” seed harvests, which are crops planted using seed from the previous year’s harvest.

The practice of using renewal seeds dates back to ancient times, but Monsanto seeks to collect massive royalties and put an end to the practice. Why? Because Monsanto owns the very patent to the genetically modified seed, and is charging the farmers not only for the original crops, but the later harvests as well. Eventually, the royalties compound and many farmers begin to struggle with even keeping their farm afloat. It is for this reason that India slammed Monsanto with groundbreaking ‘biopiracy’ charges in an effort to stop Monsanto from ‘patenting life’.

Jane Berwanger, a lawyer for the farmers who went on record regarding the case,
told the Associated Press:

“Monsanto gets paid when it sell the seeds. The law gives producers the right to multiply the seeds they buy and nowhere in the world is there a requirement to pay (again). Producers are in effect paying a private tax on production.”

The findings echo what thousands of farmers have experienced in particularly poor nations, where many of the farmers are unable to stand up to Monsanto. Back in 2008, the Daily Mail covered what is known as the ‘GM Genocide’, which is responsible for taking the lives of over 17,683 Indian farmers in 2009 alone. After finding that their harvests were failing and they started to enter economic turmoil, the farmers began ending their own lives — oftentimes drinking the very same insecticide that Monsanto provided them with.
As the information continues to surface on Monsanto’s crimes, further lawsuits will begin to take effect. After it was ousted in January that Monsanto was running illegal 'slave-like' working rings, more individuals became aware of just how seriously Monsanto seems to disregard their workers — so why would they care for the health of their consumers? In April, another group of farmers sued Monsanto for ‘knowingly poisoning’ workers and causing ‘devastating birth defects’.

Will endless lawsuits from millions of seriously affected individuals be the end of Monsanto?

Do your part to end the madness and join a March Against Monsanto near you on 10/12/13

Source: Raw For Beauty

Natural Society
Have it on the calander thanks to you :-) Also found out the city closest me has already said YES to this march... the second time this year.
Old 25-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #47
swamideva

Quote:
Originally Posted by syxx View Post
swami, could you clarify this date?

"Do your part to end the madness and join a March Against Monsanto near you on 10/12/13"

In the UK the date is written dd/mm/yy, but the US writes it as mm/dd/yy. Natural Society is in the US, so I am assuming this is NOT Dec 12, but is actually Oct 12, which (perhaps ironically) is Columbus Day.
I dont know, here's the link. http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine.c...to-for-77.html
Remember Open your Heart
Old 25-07-2013, 02:04 AM   #48
guivre

Quote:
Originally Posted by kininigen View Post
Have it on the calander thanks to you :-) Also found out the city closest me has already said YES to this march... the second time this year.
I really wanted to take part in that last one, even if protests are a little futile they do get on the news. Problem was they organized through Facebook, and I refuse to sign up through that. I hope they ditch that for this march.
guivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 02:12 AM   #49
kininigen

Quote:
Originally Posted by guivre View Post
I really wanted to take part in that last one, even if protests are a little futile they do get on the news. Problem was they organized through Facebook, and I refuse to sign up through that. I hope they ditch that for this march.
I'm right there with you on facebook and other social network sites. I also missed the previous march in fact this will be my first which leads me to a question... Do you mean to say I need to be registeted to march? I just assumed that people just show up to protests?? Either way I won't register but will be there this time.
Old 25-07-2013, 02:30 AM   #50
guivre

I'm sure just showing up works fine, I just never went to investigate the time and place from anyone who signed up via Facebook. (Something so creepy about signing up for a protest on Facebook, I mean really.)

@Swamideva -- OT, the article on acrylamides in processed foods (Pringles link in the bar)on that site is horrifying and very informative.
Old 25-07-2013, 02:38 AM   #51
swamideva

Quote:
I'm sure just showing up works fine, I just never went to investigate the time and place from anyone who signed up via Facebook. (Something so creepy about signing up for a protest on Facebook, I mean really.)

@Swamideva -- OT, the article on acrylamides in processed foods (Pringles link in the bar)on that site is horrifying and very informative.
You know facebook is really good nowadays. I suppose now everyone knows that they have been monitoring all electronic communications for years. So who cares right.
Remember Open your Heart
Old 25-07-2013, 02:41 AM   #52
guivre

That's true too. I just don't like endorsing it. It's like I'm signing away my rights myself if I sign up for the site. Just doesn't feel right.
Old 25-07-2013, 03:06 AM   #53
swamideva

Quote:
That's true too. I just don't like endorsing it. It's like I'm signing away my rights myself if I sign up for the site. Just doesn't feel right.
I just got inspiration and made a new thread facebook revolution.

I suggest you get out of your comfort zone and join the revolution.
Remember Open your Heart
Old 25-07-2013, 03:37 AM   #54
swamideva

http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine.c...-monsanto.html
Remember Open your Heart
Old 25-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #55
swamideva

Them or us

Remember Open your Heart
Old 26-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #56
swamideva

Scientists discover what’s killing the bees and it’s worse than you thought

As we’ve written before, the mysterious mass die-off of honey bees that pollinate $30 billion worth of crops in the US has so decimated America’s apis melliferapopulation that one bad winter could leave fields fallow. Now, a new study has pinpointed some of the probable causes of bee deaths and the rather scary results show that averting beemageddon will be much more difficult than previously thought.

Scientists had struggled to find the trigger for so-called Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) that has wiped out an estimated 10 million beehives, worth $2 billion, over the past six years. Suspects have included pesticides, disease-bearing parasites and poor nutrition. But in a first-of-its-kind study published today in the journal PLOS ONE, scientists at the University of Maryland and the US Department of Agriculture have identified a witch’s brew of pesticides and fungicides contaminating pollen that bees collect to feed their hives. The findings break new ground on why large numbers of bees are dying though they do not identify the specific cause of CCD, where an entire beehive dies at once.

When researchers collected pollen from hives on the east coast pollinating cranberry, watermelon and other crops and fed it to healthy bees, those bees showed a significant decline in their ability to resist infection by a parasite calledNosema ceranae. The parasite has been implicated in Colony Collapse Disorder though scientists took pains to point out that their findings do not directly link the pesticides to CCD. The pollen was contaminated on average with nine different pesticides and fungicides though scientists discovered 21 agricultural chemicals in one sample. Scientists identified eight ag chemicals associated with increased risk of infection by the parasite.

Most disturbing, bees that ate pollen contaminated with fungicides were three times as likely to be infected by the parasite. Widely used, fungicides had been thought to be harmless for bees as they’re designed to kill fungus, not insects, on crops like apples.

“There’s growing evidence that fungicides may be affecting the bees on their own and I think what it highlights is a need to reassess how we label these agricultural chemicals,” Dennis vanEngelsdorp, the study’s lead author, told Quartz.

Labels on pesticides warn farmers not to spray when pollinating bees are in the vicinity but such precautions have not applied to fungicides.
Bee populations are so low in the US that it now takes 60% of the country’s surviving colonies just to pollinate one California crop, almonds. And that’s not just a west coast problem—California supplies 80% of the world’s almonds, a market worth $4 billion.

In recent years, a class of chemicals called neonicotinoids has been linked to bee deaths and in April regulators banned the use of the pesticide for two years in Europe where bee populations have also plummeted. But vanEngelsdorp, an assistant research scientist at the University of Maryland, says the new study shows that the interaction of multiple pesticides is affecting bee health.

“The pesticide issue in itself is much more complex than we have led to be believe,” he says. “It’s a lot more complicated than just one product, which means of course the solution does not lie in just banning one class of product.”

The study found another complication in efforts to save the bees: US honey bees, which are descendants of European bees, do not bring home pollen from native North American crops but collect bee chow from nearby weeds and wildflowers. That pollen, however, was also contaminated with pesticides even though those plants were not the target of spraying.
“It’s not clear whether the pesticides are drifting over to those plants but we need take a new look at agricultural spraying practices,” says vanEngelsdorp.

PLEASE go to this website and learn more about what is happening to our bees, and how we can help.

http://www.beegenocide.com/

Article Source: http://qz.com/107970/scientists-disc...n-you-thought/
Remember Open your Heart
Old 27-07-2013, 04:40 AM   #57
motleyhoo

And just think, all those chemicals they found in the pollen and honey, they're all in our food too. It's killing the bees, what is it doing to us?

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #58
guivre

I know you're being rhetorical, but if we notice all of our friends and neighbors (as well as US) getting neurological diseases we'll know why.
Old 29-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #59
swamideva

Your immune system cannot identify GMOs and when detected it sees a threat and initiates an inflammatory response. One of the most critical places where the inflammatory response occurs is in your gut. Your gut is the second brain of your body and if it is continually detecting these threats and sending out signals of inflammation it becomes a chronic condition. Chronic inflammation leads to diseases such as heart disease, autoimmune diseases, and gastrointestinal diseases.

In an effort to make it easier for farmers to control pests in these crops, genetic engineers created something called “BT Toxin.” They took a gene from a bacteria that grows naturally and engineered it into the corn and soy crops so the plants would fight off the insects themselves. After ingestion, BT Toxin attacks the cells of the insect’s gut, essentially causing the insect’s stomach to explode. Both Monsanto (the company that created it) and the FDA assured the public that there was no risk to humans ingesting BT Toxin, claiming the digestive system would destroy the toxin. However studies show the toxin has contributed to the rise in such diseases as leaky gut syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, and even cancer1. Another study showed that the toxin breaks open pores in human cells, which may mirror what it does to the gut of insects.

The good news is that avoiding GMOs can be relatively easy—if you know what to look for.

How to Avoid GMOs

Since GMO labeling doesn’t currently exist in the US it’s important to understand where your food comes from and to avoid processed foods. There are nine primary Genetically Engineered food crops, but their derivatives are in more than 70 percent of supermarket foods, particularly processed foods. The most prevalent genetically modified crops include canola, corn, papaya, soybeans, and sugar beets.

Here are some guidelines to keep in mind:

Buy whole food and organic food whenever possible

-Purchase beef that is grass-fed

-Seek products specifically labeled as non-GM or GMO free. (This is rare; it’s not required yet by the USDA)

-Avoid aspartame, which is derived from a GE organism

-Shop locally. Most GM food produced in the US comes from large, industrial farms

-Grow your own food or join a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)

Since labeling on GMO products is not mandatory, your best chance of avoiding GMO foods is to pay attention to the origin of your food. Eating whole food, grown with safe practices, that’s not processed is so important for maintaining a healthy gut. This in turn will enable you to maintain good overall health as well. Remember: A healthy gut means a happy body!

http://realwholehealth.com/gmos-and-gut-health
Remember Open your Heart
Old 29-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #60
swamideva

Peru joins the List of Countries Banning Monsanto and GMOs!

The victory is a long time coming.

The decree banning GMO foods was drafted in 2008. It not only bans GMO crops like Monsanto’s BT-Corn, but also expands on a prior law that required all foods on supermarket shelves that contain GMOs to be labeled.

Those GMO containing foods will now be completely banned. After being subjected to public discussion, being amended, and finally passed in the Peruvian congress in April of 2011, the ban is finally going into effect this week.

A study done in April of 2011 by the Peruvian Association of Consumers and Users (ASPEC) tested 13 products purchased in major supermarkets and shops in Lima, Peru. Unsurprisingly, 10 out of 13 tested positive for containing GMOs.

President of ASPEC, Crisólogo Cáceres, comments: Research by ASPEC confirms something that Peruvians knew all along: GM foods are on the shelves of our markets and wineries, and consumers buy them and take them into their homes to eat without knowing it. Nobody tells us, no one says anything, which involves a clear violation of our right to information.........................http://www.whydontyoutrythis.com/201...-and-gmos.html
Remember Open your Heart