Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 17-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Ian2day
Sin bin - Time Out

Post Blind man tasered for holding white stick!

Words fail me.
Quote:

Blind stroke victim shot in the back with 50,000-volt taser by police who mistook his white stick for a SAMURAI sword

• Retired company director Colin Farmer, 61, was shot as he walked to meet friends in Chorley, Lancashire
  • The unnamed officer then handcuffed Mr Farmer - a two-time stroke victim - as he fell to the ground after being hit with the stun-gun
  • Lancashire Constabulary has said it 'deeply regrets' the shocking blunder, and has launched an urgent investigation

A police force has apologised to a blind stroke victim who was shot in the back with a 50,000-volt taser stun gun after officers mistook his white stick for a samurai sword.
Retired company director Colin Farmer, 61, said he thought he was being 'attacked by hooligans' when he was hit with the weapon by the officer, who then handcuffed the former company director as he fell to the ground.
Officers had been dispatched to Chorley, Lancashire - where Mr Farmer had been on his way to meet friends for a drink in his local pub - following reports of a man armed with a sword roaming around the town centre.

Mr Farmer, who used to run an architects' practice, said he has made a formal complaint and intends to take legal action against Lancashire Police, which has issued an apology and launched an investigation.
He was using his stick to make his way down Peter Street when he was spotted by the unidentified officer, who wrongly assumed he was the swordsman.

'The whole thing was like being trapped in a nightmare,' said Mr Farmer, a Fellow of the Institute of Directors for 20 years, who described hearing shouting as he walked along the street at around 5.45pm on Friday.

'I certainly didn't know they were police - and I certainly didn't know they were shouting at me,' he said.

'I thought I was going to be attacked by some hooligans. The next thing they fired a taser at me, though I didn't know it was a taser at the time.
'I just felt this thump in my back. As soon as the taser hit me I hit the ground.'
After hitting his head on the ground, terrified Mr Farmer desperately tried to explain to the officer that he is blind.
'This policeman knelt on me and dragged my arms around my back and handcuffed me so tight I've had bruises since,' he said.
'I said "you're hurting me, I'm blind" - and there's no way he could not have seen my stick on the floor.
'I walk at a snail's pace. They could have walked past me, driven past me in the van, or said drop your weapon.

'They wouldn’t even stop when I said I’m blind. I was absolutely terrified. I thought any second I’m going to have another stroke and this one will kill me.'

Mr Farmer - who has suffered two strokes in the past - was taken to Chorley Hospital for treatment after the unnamed officer swooped on him close to the Parmesan and Pepper restaurant in Peter Street.
Lancashire Police has said it 'extremely sorry' for putting Mr Farmer through the 'traumatic' experience.
Mr Farmer has suffered two strokes - one in November 2008, and a second in March this year, which left him in hospital for two months.
Chief Superintendent Stuart Williams, of Chorley Police, said the matter had been referred to the Independent Police Complains Commission.

On Friday evening we received a number of reports that a man was walking through Chorley armed with a samurai sword,' he said.

'One of the officers who arrived in Chorley believed he had located the offender. Despite asking the man to stop, he failed to do so and the officer discharged his taser.'Chief Supt Williams said officers attended to Mr Farmer 'straight away' when it became apparent he was not the offender they were looking for.

'He was taken Chorley Hospital by police officers who stayed with him whilst he was checked over by medics. They then took him to meet his friends in Chorley at his request.
'Lancashire Constabulary deeply regrets what has happened. We have clearly put this man through a traumatic experience and we are extremely sorry for that.
'Officers have remained in contact with him and his family over the past few days to enquire about his recovery and we will continue to keep in touch with him and keep him informed of our inquiry.
'We have launched an urgent investigation to understand what lessons can be learned and the matter has also been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.'
It is not the first time the use of tasers by police officers has caused controversy.
In May police officers shot Alzheimer's sufferer Peter Russell with the stun-guns in front of his wife after they were called to his North Lincolnshire home to help bring him to hospital.
Confused Mr Russell had lashed out at police when they arrived to take him away, prompting them to fire several taser stun rounds before tying his arms and legs together and carrying him out to the waiting police van.
Mr Russell's wife Diane lashed out at the officers' treatment of her ill husband, who she said 'wouldn't hurt a fly'.
But the officers' actions were backed by police chiefs.
Chief Superintendent David Hilditch, of Humberside Police, said at the time: ‘The officers were faced with a significant level of violence. It is to their credit that they successfully restrained the man without injury to himself.’

In June this year the Police Federation wrote to the Prime Minister to demand that every front-line officer be armed with a taser.
There are currently 12,000 on our streets, but under the Police Federation plans that number would be increased to 36,000.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ry%2BMcdermott
Ian2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
porridge

Wow I know tis a Fail story but that is deeply shocking excuse the pun.

Shit gets more surreal everyday.
porridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
spycatcher

The Police get worse every bloody day, they must only employ thugs nowadays.
Old 17-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
mrcob

Police have too much authority in this day and age and allwas have a agenda... they need to be taught a lesson
mrcob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
warwick

Sick fucks.
If that was a relative of mine, or perhaps even in a community with this man I would have half a mind to find out where this copper drinks and have a chat.
Then again we all know they flock to the same boozers.
Old 17-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #6
ennui

Almost identical.

Remember when Ben Fellows applied to join G4S and part of the test was to tell the different between orange juice, water and milk? They should do that for police officers.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.
ennui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
huyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcob View Post
Police have too much authority in this day and age and allwas have a agenda... they need to be taught a lesson
They are all pig scum and its such a shame that man who put that on his tshirt and got 8 months inside was arrested for expressing excatly that.
David Cameron. An Epitome of Evil Ep2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYljp...e=results_main
huyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
gwynned

Interesting all these stories coming out now about police brutality. Are they really more brutal or is the media reading from a different script?
gwynned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #9
streetlife

This is why i will never call for our police to be armed they are not to be trusted with guns.
streetlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
jordan7455

This is why every major UK TV Channel is obliged to show an over-the-shoulder Police reality TV show. To force people to accept and emphasize with this.
Old 17-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #11
enga

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyi View Post
They are all pig scum and its such a shame that man who put that on his tshirt and got 8 months inside was arrested for expressing excatly that.
They are people too. Some may have had bad, over aggressive training and some may have personality issues they need to work through. Most will have gone into the police with the intent of helping the public. Yes there is corruption in the police and the legal system is a joke but harboring ill feelings towards a whole group because of the behaviour of a few individuals seems off. They do a lot of good work too.
I am totally against police brutality and aggressive behaviour by the police. I hated seeing what happened to Ian Tomlinson and that young lad who was slammed on the counter and all other cases. I also thought they were trained and told to be hard on the crowds at the G8 (is it G8?) meetings and I think whoever organised that needed some serious talking to.
When they are dealing with the public they should remember that it could a member of their family they are dealing with and how would they want them treated. I do think however individual police should be respected on their own merits and if they treat you decently then that should be returned without prejudging them as 'pigs'.

Last edited by enga; 17-10-2012 at 04:24 PM.
enga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
LCP
Inactive

Shocking...
LCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #13
omar revo

the formula of police in these days :

Police = Mafia = Thugs = Gangsters = Thieves = Hoodlums = Crooks = Corrupt

simple....

i know there's good cops of course , but the majority are nothing but members of organized crime

When Injustice becomes a Law

Resistance becomes a Duty

http://www.loonwatch.com/
omar revo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #14
huyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar revo View Post
the formula of police in these days :

Police = Mafia = Thugs = Gangsters = Thieves = Hoodlums = Crooks = Corrupt

simple....

i know there's good cops of course , but the majority are nothing but members of organized crime
Exactly.
David Cameron. An Epitome of Evil Ep2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYljp...e=results_main
huyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
techman

Default Blind man tasered for holding white stick! Reply t

Police force, aggression and brutality like this is getting worse, and all that these cases are is an example of where we're heading and what is expected from the police, in line with their (tbtb) desire for this type of policing and control to be accepted and become common place. Looking back in history - which many fail to do - we forget that we never this kind of behavior before, but people will insist that things have gotten worse (in a crime sense) and they think we need this type of action to 'give them a lesson'. Although I can agree with people who say that things have somewhat gone downhill, I will however say that they need to look carefully and study why these are the way they are. To me, things have been 'designed' to go wrong so that (in a totalitarian fashion) these things can brought about through problem, reaction, solution.

I shudder when I see those reality-style TV police shows on TV, they're designed to instill fear and intimidation in the public, particularly with regards to drivers, with a conformist regime where you can't do even the slightest or innocent thing wrong. This is not about being fair and the law, but about slowly and calculatingly being more brutal to someone for just about doing anything and going about their lives.

Last edited by techman; 17-10-2012 at 05:32 PM.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #16
porridge

They only take what we give, so I dont blame the police who have a shit job anyway I blame the subserviant muppets who vote & support this criminal system we live in.
porridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #17
jojo
Premier Subscribers

what a tool! some people are just too gung ho and trigger happy to be put in a position of a police officer! but then, this is probably their agenda....

fuck the pow'leece!

jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #18
bendelapidate
Inactive

Was the police officer blind as well?
bendelapidate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 05:01 AM   #19
ritchs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
what a tool! some people are just too gung ho and trigger happy to be put in a position of a police officer! but then, this is probably their agenda....

fuck the pow'leece!

They are cowards and what a dastardly thing. Yes, most of them are bullies and thugs nowadays. I bet they would not dare to taser a stallion, he'd quickly turn and kick them to the moon, or bite the living shit out of them
Old 18-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #20
machine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian2day View Post
Words fail me.
Words have failed you as the title of the thread is completely inaccurate. It should read 'Blind man tasered for holding a white stick which a Policeman thought was a samurai sword'.

He wasnt tasered for being blind and holding a white stick.
machine is offline   Reply With Quote