Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Celebrities / Entertainment Industry and other Media
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 01:13 AM   #21
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamprobablynot
47! That's terrible.
Yes its quite sad....

I love the song "Cookie puss" ... I first heard it on the radio in the 80s (A college station)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:12 AM   #22
chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by blp02 View Post
I had that on Vinyl, nearly wore it out. There was a good DnB remix on the B side too, I'll have to find that!
Ye, I remember when it was released and eagerly watching top of the pops to see if it made number one. I was shocked when it only got to number 5 and they didn't even play it. I can pin point that as being the exact moment I lost all faith in the top forty chart.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:20 AM   #23
kiwi_

Very very sad news, he was my favourite rapper. Sucks to think that i'll now never have the chance to see the boys perform live.
kiwi_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #24
the_ohmbudsman

Sad news - Beastie Boys were real innovators in 85/86 and set up the mold for a whole generation of white hip hop acts from Limp Bizkit to Eminem!

The Beastie Boys - a trio of white Jewish teenagers - established themselves as one of the most respected groups in hip-hop at a time when white rappers were few.

Introducing the group at the Rock Hall, Public Enemy rapper Chuck D said the Beastie Boys “broke the mould”.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...7-7715559.html

Last edited by the_ohmbudsman; 05-05-2012 at 07:31 PM.
the_ohmbudsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #25
mata

All the best to MCA in his new journey - to the Stars. . . Paul's Boutique changed my understanding of the power of music. Shake Your Rump the only rap I ever learnt, or ever want to. Thank goodness for what this man and his mates brought to the ears and minds of so many!!! (I know what I'll be listening to for the next few days, been too long anyway!)

Last edited by mata; 06-05-2012 at 01:33 PM.
mata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #26
neutron flux

neutron flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #27
mr_i_disagree
Banned

must admit i am not the biggest beastie boy fan, but some of there songs kicked arse, and i would class him as a pioneer in his field.
but can we please not turn this into how the nWo and hogan killed him, let him rock in peace!!!
mr_i_disagree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:20 AM   #28
kiwi_

No one said anything about "the nWo and hogan" killing him..
kiwi_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #29
perandor

I don't think there was a conspiracy to his death. If there is any interest in it, I would bring up that at the MTV awards, O believe it was in 1998, instead of going on a thanking spree he stopped and said 'all muslims are not terrorists'; strange moment in the speech, but it also seemed like he knew something was up. Make of it what you will.

perandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #30
bobster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by perandor View Post
I don't think there was a conspiracy to his death. If there is any interest in it, I would bring up that at the MTV awards, O believe it was in 1998, instead of going on a thanking spree he stopped and said 'all muslims are not terrorists'; strange moment in the speech, but it also seemed like he knew something was up. Make of it what you will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1FT-zXtDw

no he didn't. have you even watched the video or have you just seen someone else say that so you copied? he didn't even say what you quoted.
bobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #31
chris

Some funny nostalgia stuff on the beasie boys...

I remember when I was young and seeing this stuff on TV about how they stole VW badges and someone was telling them off for it. I liked them ever since.

Last edited by chris; 09-05-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #32
bobster
Banned

Haha yeah, I must admit I was guilty of stealing a vw badge when I was younger and now I'm expecting karma to have someone take the vw badge off my car. Though I think car badge stealing was just something from back then and people don't do it now...hopefully
Old 09-05-2012, 02:03 AM   #33
positive_forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobster View Post
Haha yeah, I must admit I was guilty of stealing a vw badge when I was younger and now I'm expecting karma to have someone take the vw badge off my car. Though I think car badge stealing was just something from back then and people don't do it now...hopefully
I remember it because a friend had an old VW camper van he was doing up and was worried some kids were gonna nick his badge lol.
What was the reason for the badge stealing? Some stupid Communist protest thing? Anti German thing?
positive_forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:06 AM   #34
the_ohmbudsman

Back then same year they were wearing and encouraging fans to wear Volkswagen and BMW badges they also had naked female dancers in cages and that was in all the tabloids - bit like they were the Sex Pistols. Then Eminem did it about 14 years latter, when he had a chainsaw on stage and all that crap! So these people all push the same buttons, partly to get the publicity.

Last edited by the_ohmbudsman; 09-05-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #35
bobster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by positive_forward View Post
I remember it because a friend had an old VW camper van he was doing up and was worried some kids were gonna nick his badge lol.
What was the reason for the badge stealing? Some stupid Communist protest thing? Anti German thing?

Just being a 14 yr old and people were wearing them at the time lol
Old 09-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #36
positive_forward

Quote:
Just being a 14 yr old and people were wearing them at the time lol
Maybe it was juts a case of wow the beastie boy is wearing one let's go out and get our own!

In Britain, the VW necklace fad has become so popular that Volkswagen has felt obliged to offer free replacements to customers and replicas to rap fans. Volkswagen has given away thousands of emblems and smaller replicas, a spokeswoman said.
positive_forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:50 AM   #37
chris

Yeah, Mike D loved to wear them. Nothing political about it, you had to have done some vandalism to get one then your showing off. Basically your saying your a badass.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #38
the_ohmbudsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by positive_forward View Post
Maybe it was juts a case of wow the beastie boy is wearing one let's go out and get our own!

In Britain, the VW necklace fad has become so popular that Volkswagen has felt obliged to offer free replacements to customers and replicas to rap fans. Volkswagen has given away thousands of emblems and smaller replicas, a spokeswoman said.
It was BMW as well they were easier to get off.

Yeh it's stupid and irresponsible but that is what cultural (sheep) tribes do. I think it was 1988 that was the big Beastie Boys tour of the UK when they were in the tabloids with the girls in cages and people stealing car badges... Licensed to ill...

Get Stupid

Last edited by the_ohmbudsman; 09-05-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #39
perandor

Quote:
no he didn't. have you even watched the video or have you just seen someone else say that so you copied? he didn't even say what you quoted.
You see this ', okay that's what you use if you paraphrase ones quote. If I doubled it then I would be taking the exact quote. MCA said that 'middle-easterners are not terrorists'. Now, what part did you not understand -- when he said middle-easterners, did you not think he meant muslims which are kind of the majority when it comes to religion there?
perandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #40
decode reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by perandor View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1FT-zXtDw
I just saw a friend post this on Facebook. I wasn't a fan of the band but I have respect for Adam Yauch for saying what he did.