Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Big Brother / Microchipping / Problem-Reaction-Solution
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 23-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
contactless

Cool Channel 4 News reveals crisis with 'e-pickpocket'

Breaking news - about time too!!!

“All I did was tap my phone over your wallet and using the wireless reader on the phone I was able to lift out the details from your card, that includes the long card number, the expiry date and your name.” so says Thomas Cannon, of ViaForensics

Full story here:
http://wp.me/p18ZJ3-7M

Contactless

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstein

And if you've just joined us, here's what happened on this week's episode of www.e-pickpocket.com

Last edited by contactless; 23-03-2012 at 10:20 PM.
contactless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
contactless

For those that are still interested in this news item, there was a follow-up on both this evening's Channel 4 News and likewise on BBC's Watchdog (consumer affairs programme).

It seems that not just Barclays bank customers are at risk - the 'e-pickpocket' can reach a lot further! (master card and visa were also mentioned as being potentially problematic)

Contactless

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstein

And if you've just joined us, here's what happened on this week's episode of www.e-pickpocket.com

Last edited by contactless; 29-03-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 16-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
contactless

And finally...

Are you curious to know why this is no longer the news story of 2012? Did it strike you as odd that Channel 4 went from investigative journalist mode to advocating DIY a la Blue Peter, i.e. "...just wrap your contactless cards in tin foil and you've nothing to worry about"?

Wonder no more friends...

Because maybe somewhere within this article is your answer:
"Channel 4 Education, in partnership with high street bank Barclays, is launching The Stake. A competition that provides young people in the UK with the chance to decide how 100k of real money is spent. The Stake will inspire young people to use their business and enterprising skills to win a slice of £100,000 prize pot to support community or business ideas that will make a difference."

Link: http://www.magicwhiteboard.co.uk/news/

Contactless

Old 03-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
contactless

Still News Corporation seems to have a measure of independence from the banks. “Robbed by radiowave” - TWENTY million Brits are at risk of having their bank details stolen by electronic pickpockets, a Sun investigation has revealed.

Here's the link: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...radiowave.html

Contactless

Old 04-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
huyi

i watched that on bbc watchdog and after it was investigated it was just sweeped under the carpet, the good thing is you can opt out of the contactless technology or just rip the chip out yourself, thankfully my payment card doesn't have this tech built in for now.
huyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #6
contactless

Unhappy As demonstrated by ITV’s Phillip Schofield

This story just won't go away...

"Everyone’s favourite daytime TV show This Morning featured a selection of RFID blocking products during a slot about credit card fraud and the fast-growing issue of ‘e-pickpocketing‘. During a five-minute feature, presenter Phillip Schofield showcased RFID Protect’s latest Leather Multi-card Holder, which has been designed in collaboration with crime-reduction officers at Victoria Police, Australia and is new to the UK.

Mr Schofield was visibly shocked at the ease by which information can be ‘skimmed’ from a contactless credit or debit card; during a demonstration given by Thomas Cannon (Director of Research and Development) at American company ViaForensics.

First shown on Thursday 10th May, 2012 the programme can be viewed again for a limited period, at http://www.itv.com/thismorning/ and a direct link to their Crime File discussion area for this particular issue can be found at: http://www.itv.com/thismorning/life/crime-file-120510/"

If Phillip Schofield was visibly shocked at how easy it is to skim contactless bank cards, can you imagine what your average little old lady is going to make of this...scary!

Contactless

Old 30-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
nomorewifi
Banned

Hmm, these cards are being sent out even if you request to opt-out. Bloody banks. I was assured by my bank that they would only be given to you if you expressly requested one. Some chance.
nomorewifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #8
codie
Inactive

I went into the bank and said I refuse to use contactless due to security risks, and requested a non contactless card.
They said they can't do that (I argued my point) they said that they'd see I don't use it and mark it as suspicious behaviour if it started being used.
So basically they aren't going to do anything

I'm not using it though, no way do I support that.

*Edit: I also lecture any shop staff that request me to swipe my card instead of PIN number RE:a time when I did get my card (and passport and loads of other stuff) burgled, about how they refused to close the account due to the £400 outstanding that the thieves had used by doing 'small transactions' (which don't require bank authorisation....which is the whole premise of contactless)

Honestly, if you report your card missing immediately it DOES NOT STOP those transactions, and you have to fill out form after form to prove it wasn't you that spent it due to 'red tape'

A shop worker said 'they can only take £20'
They failed to understand that's per shop not per day....and until you close the account.

Last edited by codie; 30-12-2013 at 11:01 PM.
codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #9
nomorewifi
Banned

I wouldn't dare ask yout to say which bank you had that experience with, but I wonder if that's the reaction I'll get when I do the same...ie refuse the contactless card (not least because I previously made it clear I didn't want one, and was reassured that one would not be given without consent).
Old 31-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #10
codie
Inactive

RFID scanner protection wallets!
Pain in the arse that it has to come to that though
codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 12:32 AM   #11
nomorewifi
Banned

I've seen those advertised in a few places...do they have to be a particular brand, or are they all equally effective?
Old 31-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #12
elshaper

Just line your wallet with tinfoil. Job done.
But I too, do not want to use this contactless card.