Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Forum Talent
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 28-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #61
mrstixx

must be nice to have somewhere to play your kit and record without people complaining!

Good to hear the folky influence. Are you familiar with Wardruna? If not check them out.
mrstixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #62
hammarberg
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstixx View Post
must be nice to have somewhere to play your kit and record without people complaining!

Good to hear the folky influence. Are you familiar with Wardruna? If not check them out.
Haha, the complains stop right when my bandmates are not around.

Yea, i remember this name, but not the music, maybe i'll have to search for their stuff.
hammarberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #63
hammarberg
Inactive

I bought some drums, here's a video about the stuff.

Old 22-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #64
hammarberg
Inactive

I hereby present to you: Rölli - Omituisten Otusten Kerho (the club of freaks) with metal drums. Very Happy

Enjoy, this is the start of my new drumming endeavours... there's plenty to come. This particular song is taken from Finnish childrens program, its a true classic for my generation. Nice piece to play, 11/4 measures if i'm correct.

I've got some game music things under making, maybe some Trokle and/or AH songs and some covers from famous metal bands.

I think the soundquality is quite good, i used old 4-track Behringer mixer and two cheap mics, so not a bad outcome. Part of the reason is my new drums, or actually old drums. 80s Yamaha Stage Custom set with some Pinstripes/powerstroke threes works wonders.

Please give me any feedback you have in mind and stay tuned for new videos
Old 03-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #65
hammarberg
Inactive

Right.... Maybe these new songs would spark some interest as i see nobody bothered to comment on the latest video i made.

Here's some game music this time, Grand Theft Auto 1 theme song - Joyride and Command & Conquer Red Alert - Workmen.

The first is a rap/hiphop song, i've never played this type of music before, the song's got some quite funky touch to it, needs a ton of groove... Well, i played some funk/metal combo on it.

Workmen is quite pure industrial/funk song, again i played a mixture of funk and metal drumming on it. I've played this song also as a "pure" funk version but made this one bit metal because i'm going to upload to my youtube cahnnel. This song went quite well, some parts might be bit weird, this was second take, i recorded it five times and thought this one was the best. (the most progressive at least.)

Enjoy.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #66
hammarberg
Inactive

Come on peeps, i want yout feedback. This thread has been read some 30 more times in last week or so, yet no comments.. Stop lurking!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #67
horseflesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammarberg View Post
Hello all.

I decided to make a new topic here..

So, those who dont know yet, i'm a musician, self taugh from the day one, my main insftrument is the drums, i've been playing since '94 and been in a band for a decade now. I also play some other instruments, piano, mouth harp and few other traditional thingies and any kind of percussion.

Currently i actively play in two bands, Auringon Hauta is my main band, to which i joined ten years ago, its sort of trad music mixed with heavy metal. The new project is called Trokle, from Norway and yea, you guessed it, the style is norwegian black metal, with various other influences from many different genres. Lyrically Trokle is not purely black metal and thus is quite hard to categorize... Well, i dont much care about putting bands under banners of this and that so.

Then i play also all sorts of other music for my passtime and enjoyment, i've uploaded some to youtube, i will include some links in the end of this post. I used to play metal only, but i've widen my range of musical expression to rock, blues and even funk, not to forget industrial and some techno songs. Yes, i play drums on machinemusic too. And game soundtracks and what not.

Anyway, i'll let the music do the talking now, here's some links to my drumming clips.

Here's my latest additions, Trokle rehearsal videos..
Trokle_Heksa_rehearsal.wmv - YouTube
Trokle_isödets_trone.wmv - YouTube
Trokle svartepest - YouTube

Here's Auringon Hauta official music videos
AURINGON HAUTA "Veden loihtu" - YouTube
AURINGON HAUTA "Köyry-yö, juhlayö" - YouTube

Check out Auringon Hauta channel for more info on the band plus new albums "making of" videos...
http://www.youtube.com/user/auringonhauta

Some game music, this is very classic track from Doom game
Doom OST e1m1 - At Dooms Gate (Heavy metal drumming) - YouTube

And last but not least, MOZART & Blast beat .\,,/
Mozart & blast beat - YouTube

Please feel free to post any criticism or opinions what comes to mind, i want to know what peeps think about my stuff. Rock on!
Not my kind of music, but good see more drummers on here

Although I haven't played for a long time, since I moved to a house with neighbours who wouldn't appreciate me drumming all night and day.

I must admit I am missing it... a lot!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #68
horseflesh

...and from what I heard... you play pretty good!... great stuff
Old 03-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #69
hammarberg
Inactive

Hey there Horseflesh!

Too bad you had to leave drumming for now... Why dont you get and electric kit, with mesh pads? Its rather easy to get all the noise out, can play almost anywhere without anybody noticing.

Well, if the metal songs aren't your type of music, fo ahead and listen those latest two game soundtracks i made. I'd like to hear some comment about those.

I'm planning to play more funk in near future, i've now been playing funk stuff for some month or so and it's got me totally sucked in. Combine it with metal and that's very much my thing.... I still have some trouble with funk/jazz dynamics, 18 years almost solely metal and rock have done it's thing. My playing style is too loud for some music, hard to get dynamics into play when everythings at max volume.

On the Workmen song, i played some ghost notes on the snare, that's something i want to learn to do properly... Too bad the ghosts sink into the mix, i recorded the thing with old 4-track mixer, two mics in a narrow stereo position... whats that called in english? It has better name i... Well, the mics are in "Y" setup.

Added some EQ setting and a compressor the clear it a bit, but still the ghosts sink in. Darn.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #70
ytch

Pretty amazing, coming from me as a musician.
I loved the childrens-show theme very much.

too old to grow up....

Wake Up and Smell The Fish!
ytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #71
supertzar

Nice work, Hammar. With the funky rock stuff I wanna hear more of a thumping sound. Check out Big Chief from Ann Arbor, Mi with tracks like Glare and No Free Love on This Street. Old, but good funk-flavored grunge. They were heavily influenced by Parliament Funkadelic which of course is the real heavy acid funk rock of all time.

It might take some bigger drums? Maybe fewer toms. I don't know. It's a feel. It needs a lot of butt if you know what I mean.
supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #72
hammarberg
Inactive

Thanks Ytch and Supertzar.

Oh the sound, i've got my bassdrum tuned rather high atm, just to get more mid range sound.(we're practicing with our new thrashmetal band in there, drums have no amplification so more mid range = more audible bassdrum.)

And damn if i could have better recording equipment... The eternal dilemma of poor musicians with zero budget.

I dunno, with funk stuff, maybe 24" kicks and 18" floor tom would get some more oomph to it. Well... This WILL be soon arranged, i'm renovating few 80's yamahas, same series as these i use now, and i have 24" and 18" floor tom waiting to be finished.

Hey Ytch, yea that Rölli song, i like it too, i think im gonna cover more of those. The actor of Röllitroll has wrote/sung/played all those songs, they have pretty original lyrics also, too bad it's in Finnish, very hard to translate.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #73
picha
Banned

Its frickin Prince William!
picha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #74
hammarberg
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by picha View Post

Its frickin Prince William!
Haha, our bassist. Hehe... Where did you find this picture? Or did you screencapture it from the Veden Loihtu video?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #75
picha
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammarberg View Post
Haha, our bassist. Hehe... Where did you find this picture? Or did you screencapture it from the Veden Loihtu video?
Screen cap
picha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #76
hammarberg
Inactive

As a thank you to all you magnificient people here on DIF, i've made a special video to cheer you guys up in the crap world!

I present to you: Piippolan vaari Goes Death Metal