Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 04:19 AM   #21
apollo_gnomon
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,396
Default

So, in general I'd say people who call themselves "preppers" were born after 1976, and people who call themselves "survivalists" today have more guns than "preppers."
apollo_gnomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #22
tom bombadil
Senior Member
 
tom bombadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,142
Default

Not me
tom bombadil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #23
wazaaap
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo_gnomon View Post
So, in general I'd say people who call themselves "preppers" were born after 1976, and people who call themselves "survivalists" today have more guns than "preppers."
I disagree still, a prepper is some one who prepares to survive, a survivalist doesn't physically prepare, they mentally prepare for surviving without modern day way of living.
__________________
Quotes i like:

"Remember there watching you watching us watching them"

"proper preparation prevents piss poor performance"
wazaaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #24
apollo_gnomon
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazaaap View Post
I disagree still, a prepper is some one who prepares to survive, a survivalist doesn't physically prepare, they mentally prepare for surviving without modern day way of living.
That definition of "survivalist" is not consistent with historical usage in the US.

If you think fantasizing about being prepared is the same as actually being prepared you are neither mentally nor physically prepared. If you think "mentally preparing" does not include a material object inventory you are not prepared.

But please, carry on. In the event of major social disruption please leave your car keys where someone who has their shit together can find them. Because you won't need them.
apollo_gnomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #25
the_count
Senior Member
 
the_count's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NW UK
Posts: 314
Default

Wazzap. You seriously spent your free time scoping out petrol station garage forecourts ?
And you thought it was fun ?
Am i missing something here, no offence mate but you need something to fill your spare time.
the_count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:27 AM   #26
entrangermercenary
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_count View Post
Wazzap. You seriously spent your free time scoping out petrol station garage forecourts ?
And you thought it was fun ?
Am i missing something here, no offence mate but you need something to fill your spare time.
Im still trying to see any values in such action

Does not give any type of insight to anything tbh, except on queuing for petrol when there is a shortage

As any body who has a diesel/petrol stash its totally irrelevant.
entrangermercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #27
tom bombadil
Senior Member
 
tom bombadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_count View Post
Wazzap. You seriously spent your free time scoping out petrol station garage forecourts ?
And you thought it was fun ?
Am i missing something here, no offence mate but you need something to fill your spare time.
I think that anyone has the right to do what they want with their own time. Including the right to ridicule another as long as it could be constructive (like the saying 'better to suffer the arrows from a freind than the kisses from an enemy').

Thjis world is full of all types, and who is to say that my type is any lesser than another?

tom bombadil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #28
tracker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroomhead View Post
no strike , no strike on the cards and survivalists are preparing for the imminent fuel strike and blaming panic buyers storing fuel for the fuel crisis
No ! Again here we see the sheeple mind set .

people did not prepare for a fuel strike , they hoarded in panic . If they had already prepared as mentioned at the top of the page they would already have a full tank by always keeping it full and there for would not have needed to go out in a panic and bring half the UK to a fuel shortage in the garages .

You really need to sort out that noise inside and think before you speek .

Last edited by tracker; 18-04-2012 at 10:05 PM.
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #29
tracker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazaaap View Post
I disagree still, a prepper is some one who prepares to survive, a survivalist doesn't physically prepare, they mentally prepare for surviving without modern day way of living.
Yup , in simple terms , a survivalist does not need to prepare , they have adaptability and enginuity , and in any situation , those are most important for survival IMO
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #30
mushroomhead
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
No ! Again here we see the sheeple mind set .

people did not prepare for a fuel strike , they hoarded in panic . If they had already prepared as mentioned at the top of the page they would already have a full tank by always keeping it full and there for would not have needed to go out in a panic and bring half the UK to a fuel shortage in the garages .

You really need to sort out that noise inside and think before you speek .
there's currently a good chance of a tanker strike , like last time talks have broken down ,
so the gov and media arent making a song and dance about it after the accident and farce last time and lo and behold who is preparing who is out on recon missions = nobody

so called preppers reacting to hype last time arent responding this time which makes a farce out of the whole thing .


keeping a full tank isnt practical it weighs a ton and cost more fuel to lug about and isnt all that much anyway .
mushroomhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #31
tracker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroomhead View Post

keeping a full tank isnt practical it weighs a ton and cost more fuel to lug about and isnt all that much anyway .
Yup have to give you credit for that one , atleast though when the time came , I wasnt going to any garages to fill up but more over could only laugh with pitty at those who did , and was utterly gutted for those who needed fuel to take loved ones to hospital apointments etc because of the cattle minded masses who just bar bard their way to nowhere .
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #32
tracker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroomhead View Post
keep taking directions from the gov and msm regarding tanker strikes .
LMAO yup , they are the peoples best friend .
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #33
wazaaap
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
Yup have to give you credit for that one , atleast though when the time came , I wasnt going to any garages to fill up but more over could only laugh with pitty at those who did , and was utterly gutted for those who needed fuel to take loved ones to hospital apointments etc because of the cattle minded masses who just bar bard their way to nowhere .
I would rather burn more fuel and spend more than be left high and dry! But I'm minted so fuck it lol
__________________
Quotes i like:

"Remember there watching you watching us watching them"

"proper preparation prevents piss poor performance"
wazaaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #34
tom bombadil
Senior Member
 
tom bombadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,142
Default

Here you are chaps. This fellow has an answer.


I like it.
tom bombadil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 04:54 AM   #35
triplesod
Senior Member
 
triplesod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Barnsley
Posts: 238
Default

I’ve never liked the term ‘prepper’, mainly because it always struck me as one of those cringe worthy, informal and very camp ‘Americanisms’.....

There’s defiantly more to it than that though;

I think Robert Henry of the Survival Report summed it up best when he talked about people paddling around in the shallows rather than swimming in the sea.

For me ‘preppers’ can see the flaws in the system and yet are still very much wedded to it (many times literally speaking…….)

So they’re left trying to fit ‘survival’ into they’re existing lives, very much like they would any other hobby. Now seen as most of us westerners have little time and quite a lot of disposable income (not to mention years of conditioning to be good little consumers) this usually entails buying a lot of stuff…mainly food. This is where we get this notion that prepping is about ‘hording things’ while survivalism is a state of mind and a way of being. In reality though, a true survivalist by his very nature will have more stored than your average prepper.
triplesod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #36
tom bombadil
Senior Member
 
tom bombadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,142
Default

Lots of preppers nowadays dont have a pot to piss in. But they do see that there is merit in the prepping lifestyle. I think that gone are the days when one might think that the 'jobless' are workshy, and in comes the notion that they are ordinary folk but down on their luck being jobless.

Prepping is not about gleaning all the gear, but from the outsiders viewpoint it might look that way.

When a prepper shows all his gear, all you are doing is seeing his lifestyle from that point on. You (not just you, but the royal you ) do not see the planning, the saving, the scrimping and saving to get to that point. Like any hobbiest (as you put it) you see the final moments, and you might wish that if you were into this hobby that it would not take so long to collect the 'big finish', or that if you started then you would do things differently.

But its not a hobby, its just a means to an end. A different way of doing things. They, we, look ahead thats all. Why buy a single pint of milk for 50p when you can get 4 for a quid? So we all do it realy, we just do it in all parts of our lives.


nelly.
tom bombadil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #37
tracker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazaaap View Post
I would rather burn more fuel and spend more than be left high and dry! But I'm minted so fuck it lol
Yes me too , it didnt seem that un-ecomical when driving past empty petrol stations and seeing everyones fear and desperation for having no fuel .

tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #38
tracker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_count View Post
Wazzap. You seriously spent your free time scoping out petrol station garage forecourts ?
And you thought it was fun ?
Am i missing something here, no offence mate but you need something to fill your spare time.
Putting a point across here "Count" you've been missing the point since 2008 .

You seem to make some kind of remark to ridicule a person that was writing great things about survival on this forum before you even got titty Fed on the matter .

While he was making great threads and practicing and researching you were umming and arring putting ya hand up like a kid in class .

However , on your note I will inform you that Wazaap has been taking part in serious survival issues , practice and more research . he has been very active in making contacts and doing 1st hand research on land base escape routes and more . This means not only has he been using satellite viewing he has personally walked these routes checking out local wild foods .

I'm not going to tell you any more as it will give too much away but whilst you hang around on this forum trying to score popularity points by indifference and ridicule acting no different from an adult that has spent too much time watching soaps and filling your time on twitter ,He and I have been OUT THERE < GETTING INVOLVED , DOING -----REAL STUFF .

You will find out one day count , that studying peoples movements and nature during bad times , is also an essential when learning survival , the point you missed entirely .



Last edited by tracker; 25-04-2012 at 01:53 PM.
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #39
mushroomhead
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,041
Default

we are in a similar if not worse place regarding a tanker driver strike than when the panic buying started ,
yet the gov isnt acting like it did then WHY ?

look what happened despite petrol sales getting a massive boost it was too late to raise economic structure enough to alter the double dip recession .


well preppers and survivalists ?
you took note of msm regarding petrol and acted like joe public maybe playing into hands of the torys trying boost sales figures in a last ditch attempt to save economy .


ever feel you were played like a cheap fiddle
mushroomhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #40
the_count
Senior Member
 
the_count's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NW UK
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
Putting a point across here "Count" you've been missing the point since 2008 .

You seem to make some kind of remark to ridicule a person that was writing great things about survival on this forum before you even got titty Fed on the matter .

While he was making great threads and practicing and researching you were umming and arring putting ya hand up like a kid in class .

However , on your note I will inform you that Wazaap has been taking part in serious survival issues , practice and more research . he has been very active in making contacts and doing 1st hand research on land base escape routes and more . This means not only has he been using satellite viewing he has personally walked these routes checking out local wild foods .

I'm not going to tell you any more as it will give too much away but whilst you hang around on this forum trying to score popularity points by indifference and ridicule acting no different from an adult that has spent too much time watching soaps and filling your time on twitter ,He and I have been OUT THERE < GETTING INVOLVED , DOING -----REAL STUFF .

You will find out one day count , that studying peoples movements and nature during bad times , is also an essential when learning survival , the point you missed entirely .


At first i thought wow,how can one person assume so many things in one post, and manage to get it all so wrong ?
Then i realised, oh it's Tracker, and it made sense.

Don't assume i am trying to score popularity points, i don't need or want them thanks, If i did i would spend more time here spouting nonsense, like your good self.

I rarely log on here, perhaps once every couple of weeks at most, although i have been a menber long before yourself and wazzap, not that that means much except to display your ignorance, you could hardly call 300 posts in about 5 and a half years "hanging around the forum scoring popularity points"

So, please let me know what nuggets of invaluable wisdom you have cut and pasted from the internet lately that i might have missed ?

Don't assume just because i don't spend time posting on here that i don't know anything, have no experience and are not "OUT THERE < GETTING INVOLVED , DOING -----REAL STUFF"
When the fact is i have probably done more interesting "STUFF" this month that you have managed in your life.

Don't assume or refer to me like a child, i am almost 44, so i am past being "Titty fed"

Don't assume i spend my time "watching soaps and filling my time on twitter" again you couldn't me more wrong, probably 75% of my free time i spend out of the house, much to the annoyance of my wife

I wont pretend i know anything about Wazzap (He may be very knowledgeable)
But my original point still stands, if you need to be hiding in the bushes outside petrol stations on the day of a fictional strike for "studying peoples movements and nature during bad times" then in my opinion you are wasting your time, you are not going to learn anything valuable from that, that's not an assumption it's a FACT. If you think it's a valuable exercise then it's probably already too late for you.

So Tracker, don't make the mistake of assuming you know anything about people, it will hinder you in the real world.


In fact on second thoughts, you carry on Tracker the way you are, makes it easier for the rest of us.............

It's very noble of you to back up your friend though, but i bet he's a big boy who can look after himself ?

Right i am off out to do "Stuff"

Must call for some diesel first though, i am on empty
the_count is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:27 PM.