Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Big Brother / Microchipping / Problem-Reaction-Solution
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 25-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
twilight_sparkle

Question Who are the Office For National Statistics?

My mother has been 'selected' to give information in the ONS's study about living in Britain. Apparently, this info will be treated confidentially.
The questions are going to be about work, unemployment, health, training and looking after the family and home.
I suppose the ONS is another quango?
Why do they need this information?
Has anyone else on the board been 'selected'?

TS
twilight_sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
stickwhistler

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight_sparkle View Post
My mother has been 'selected' to give information in the ONS's study about living in Britain. Apparently, this info will be treated confidentially.
The questions are going to be about work, unemployment, health, training and looking after the family and home.
I suppose the ONS is another quango?
Why do they need this information?
Has anyone else on the board been 'selected'?

TS
There is no obligation to take part in this 'study'!

I was 'selected' and refused to;
i) return paperwork - even after reminders sent.
ii) open my door to a person with a badge that had the ONS wording on
and a picture of the woman who knocked my door.

After the reminder of 'how important it was I took part'
was ignored and binned, nothing more was seen or heard.

I think you'll find it's a sort of 'was the census really answered properly'
type study i.e. did the public tell the truth on the returned forms,
even though (at first sight) this study is nothing to do with the census 2011.

Oh dear! I didn't do that either!
How sad! Never mind eh!

If the ONS knock tell them you're not going to take part,
shut the door, make a cuppa while they go away.

My local council did something similar a year or so ago,
(It's important that the council pry into your private life to get data
so we can screw you and the rest of the public via council tax amounts)
and my successful strategy worked with them too.

As per my sig' No Contact! : No Comment! : Do not open the door to them!
Old 25-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #3
positive_forward

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/hub/index.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office...nal_Statistics

Overview

It is charged with the collection and publication of statistics related to the economy, population and society of the United Kingdom at national and local levels. It functions as the office of the National Statistician, who is also the UK Statistics Authority's Chief Executive and principal statistical adviser to the UK's National Statistics Institute[2] and the 'Head Office' of the Government Statistical Service (GSS). Its main office is in Newport near the United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office and Tredegar House, but another significant office is in Titchfield in Hampshire, and a small office is in London.
[edit]
History

The ONS was formed on 1 April 1996 by the merger of the Central Statistical Office (CSO) and the Office of Population Censuses and Surveys (OPCS).[3] Following the Statistics and Registration Service Act 2007, the United Kingdom Statistics Authority became a non-ministerial department on the 1 April 2008.[4]

Purpose and scope

ONS produces and publishes a wide range of the information about Britain that can be used for social and economic policy-making as well as painting a portrait of the country as its population evolves over time. This is often produced in ways that make comparison with other societies and economies possible. Much of the data on which policy-makers depend is produced by ONS through a combination of a decennial population census, samples and surveys and analysis of data generated by businesses and organisations such as the National Health Service and the register of births, marriages and deaths. Both its publications and its publicly-available raw data, available free, are reported and discussed daily in the media as the basis for the public understanding of the country in which they live.
[edit]
Applications of data

The reliance on some of these data by government (both local and national) makes ONS material central to debates about the determination of priorities, the allocation of resources and for decisions on interest rates or borrowing. The complexity and degree and speed of change in the society, combined with the challenge of measuring some of these (e.g. in relation to longevity, migration or illness patterns or fine movements in inflation or other aspects of national accounts) give rise to periodic debates about some of its indicators and portrayals. Many of these rely on sources which are outside of ONS, while some of its own sources need to be supplemented, for example between censuses, by updated but less rigorously-obtained information from other sources. Consequently, unexpected or incomplete data or occasional errors or disputes about its analysis can also attract considerable attention.
positive_forward is offline   Reply With Quote