Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
badtv

Default 'Smart' Meters

Just had some bloke call at my door and offer a free smart meter for gas or electricity. i asked him how it communicated the information back to the supplier, he didnt even know

he did say that i could check online to see how much energy i was using, i then told him it would then be possible to see if the house was empty since he actually knew fuck all about them, i couldnt really pick his brains for more info. i told him they are an invasion privacy, he then just laughed and off he went.

should i be that paranoid about smart meters, my gut feeling is yes.
badtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
wake_up_bomb

Yes, don't accept one of those things whatever you do.
wake_up_bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
badtv

it doesn't get any better, checked the way they communicate and the ones in Australia use the 3G network (900mhz) which is the microwave spectrum.

http://www.piers.org/piersonline/pdf...1148to1150.pdf
GSM Wireless Communication Signals on Self-reported Symptoms and Sleep An Experimental Provocation Study
During actual exposure, as compared to sham exposure, sleep initiated one hour after exposure was affected. There was a prolonged latency to reach the first cycle of deep sleep (stage 3). The amount of stage 4 sleep was also decreased in exposed subjects. NG subjects reported more headaches during exposures vs. sham exposure. Neither group (SG and NG) was able to detect the true exposure status more frequently than by chance alone.

i just realised this should be in General.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
lynfowars

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_up_bomb View Post
Yes, don't accept one of those things whatever you do.
They are going to install them whether we like it or not.

I personally feel it's a step to a globalised energy grid, a post One-World-Government delicacy, where we can be limited in power or even disconnected by the elites. For reward, punishment, enhanced taxation by consumption per specific hour of the day, etc

Control our food, water and heating, and they good as own us physically. They will say jump, and we will say, how high sir? I'm glad I'm older and more than halfway out of this life. Kids of today will be nothing more than hypnotised little serfs, running around like demented Duracell Bunnies shouting Yes Sir! No Sir, Three Bags Full Sir! as the latest Rothschild incarnation jacks off to it all from their ivory tower. And the latest incarnation of Murdoch will ensure the poor sods will think they are 'free', have 'choices' and are in a 'democracy'... Fuck that.

Last edited by lynfowars; 07-11-2011 at 10:26 PM.
lynfowars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
diamond dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtv View Post
Just had some bloke call at my door and offer a free smart meter for gas or electricity. i asked him how it communicated the information back to the supplier, he didnt even know

he did say that i could check online to see how much energy i was using, i then told him it would then be possible to see if the house was empty since he actually knew fuck all about them, i couldnt really pick his brains for more info. i told him they are an invasion privacy, he then just laughed and off he went.

should i be that paranoid about smart meters, my gut feeling is yes.
You are right to be wary about these damn things..which supplier? .I haven't heard of energy suppliers touting to fit them, B.Gas has already started, E-on are trialing and not too sure about the lesser companies but Govt wants all households to have by 2020 and I can see some hiccups before that date..I think there wil be a loophole or legality which states you do not have to have one fitted!

They will have to get a warrant to fit one in my place... I am thinkng of designing a poster before they become the norm on the lines of

Don't Be A SMART ASS

then listing all the negatives..they have big plans for these and are able to cut you off remotely as well as altering tarriffs instantly..
''Media control is still based in the main on cultural manipulation. It's just so easy to do. When you set up one set of objectives toward the public and you've given them a certain definition for each code word, you hit them with the various code words and they're not going to believe anything if you don't want them to." Bowie
diamond dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #6
griswald
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynfowars View Post

I personally feel it's a step to a globalised energy grid, a post One-World-Government delicacy, where we can be limited in power or even disconnected by the elites. For reward, punishment, enhanced taxation by consumption per specific hour of the day, etc

Control our food, water and heating, and they good as own us physically. They will say jump, and we will say, how high sir? I'm glad I'm older and more than halfway out of this life. Kids of today will be nothing more than hypnotised little serfs, running around like demented Duracell Bunnies shouting Yes Sir! No Sir, Three Bags Full Sir! as the latest Rothschild incarnation jacks off to it all from their ivory tower. And the latest incarnation of Murdoch will ensure the poor sods will think they are 'free', have 'choices' and are in a 'democracy'... Fuck that.
Looks like we could be going back to old oil lamps then.

Dont ever argue with a fool, they will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Warning duely received and noted. Thankyou. gris..
griswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #7
armoured_amazon

Do I have one? I have pre-payment meters but they've been there a year or two.

I Am Warrior, Queen Tantrum
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #8
wake_up_bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynfowars View Post

I don't disagree with anything you're saying, but perhaps people should do something to oppose it? Just an idea...
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond dogs View Post
You are right to be wary about these damn things..which supplier? .I haven't heard of energy suppliers touting to fit them, B.Gas has already started, E-on are trialing and not too sure about the lesser companies but Govt wants all households to have by 2020 and I can see some hiccups before that date..I think there wil be a loophole or legality which states you do not have to have one fitted!
The reason for this is they've already said they're going to start rationing people's electricity from 2020:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...g-electricity/

Last edited by wake_up_bomb; 07-11-2011 at 10:48 PM.
wake_up_bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
diamond dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoured_amazon View Post
Do I have one? I have pre-payment meters but they've been there a year or two.
Not heard of Smart pre payment meters but the gas ones (white Landis + Gyr type) are designed to communicate with the electric meter to relay back the info and are also capable of pre payment (as pic).

Smart modem monitoring devise complete with carbon footprint calculator..

''Media control is still based in the main on cultural manipulation. It's just so easy to do. When you set up one set of objectives toward the public and you've given them a certain definition for each code word, you hit them with the various code words and they're not going to believe anything if you don't want them to." Bowie

Last edited by diamond dogs; 07-11-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #10
armoured_amazon

That kinda looks like a new version of my gas one. I know the gasman comes round to read the meters, but they also know when I last put money on (if I phone up to query something) and how much etc, so I don't know if that's smart or just regular. Can't wait 'til our oppressors go to hell in a handbasket. It'd be nice to get superpowers for a day, put 'em all in an ark and boot them out to space!

Old 07-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #11
armoured_amazon

Actually, they mustn't be smart meters, just read this on the British Gas site:

'Will I get new gas and electricity smart meters?

Yes. To get the full benefits of smart, we're replacing all meters. You'll only need one in-home display as it will show you both gas and electricity usage and cost.'

I still have two. I hope the neighbours don't let them in! The meters are in the main hall. I don't want that mofo smart meter.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #12
diamond dogs

Quote:
Actually, they mustn't be smart meters, just read this on the British Gas site:

'Will I get new gas and electricity smart meters?

Yes. To get the full benefits of smart, we're replacing all meters. You'll only need one in-home display as it will show you both gas and electricity usage and cost.'

I still have two. I hope the neighbours don't let them in! The meters are in the main hall. I don't want that mofo smart meter.
The info they get is from the 'key' that you top up with which is relayed instantly back to them you have to have a modem (like pic) that is connected to elec meter for it to be a 'smart type' the gas one in the pic can be made to communicate with the modem (battery operated as they have no mains supply) occasionally to relay the info...the leccy meter has a supply but gas has to rely on batteries..

I would imagine covering the leccy meter with tinfoil or taking out the sim (located ina corner of meter) would stop all communication and they would have to send round the meter reader...there are alot of areas where signal is bad so it aint all cut and dry..I can't see them getting near to 100% success
Old 07-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #13
armoured_amazon

Quote:
The info they get is from the 'key' that you top up with which is relayed instantly back to them you have to have a modem (like pic) that is connected to elec meter for it to be a 'smart type' the gas one in the pic can be made to communicate with the modem (battery operated as they have no mains supply) occasionally to relay the info...the leccy meter has a supply but gas has to rely on batteries..

I would imagine covering the leccy meter with tinfoil or taking out the sim (located ina corner of meter) would stop all communication and they would have to send round the meter reader...there are alot of areas where signal is bad so it aint all cut and dry..I can't see them getting near to 100% success
Ah, that's good about the key, thanks. I hope lots of people figure out how to stop the spying, 'cause I really don't like the idea of my daily movements being recorded!

Last edited by armoured_amazon; 07-11-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #14
diamond dogs

Quote:
Ah, that's good about the key, thanks. I hope lots of people figure out how to stop the spying, 'cause I really don't like the idea of my daily movements being recorded!
They can't fit one without your permission...there is always a way round these devices..they are stupid gadgets when all said and done.. would be worth trying the old pizzo zapper on em for starters they apparently used to make the old card meters add credit... where there's a will.....
Old 07-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #15
armoured_amazon

Quote:
They can't fit one without your permission...there is always a way round these devices..they are stupid gadgets when all said and done.. would be worth trying the old pizzo zapper on em for starters they apparently used to make the old card meters add credit... where there's a will.....
They'll probably try and get access regardless, 'cause our meters are in the main hall, not in our flats. Hopefully, I'll gone before they get round to it.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #16
diamond dogs

Quote:
They'll probably try and get access regardless, 'cause our meters are in the main hall, not in our flats. Hopefully, I'll gone before they get round to it.
Stop worrying AA.. people have all different suppliers..they won't fit one without your permission....
Old 07-11-2011, 11:49 PM   #17
badtv

Quote:

They will have to get a warrant to fit one in my place... I am thinkng of designing a poster before they become the norm on the lines of

Don't Be A SMART ASS

then listing all the negatives..they have big plans for these and are able to cut you off remotely as well as altering tarriffs instantly..
i think they use a separate company for these meters, looking back i should have got a card off of the bloke to get some more info.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:00 AM   #18
secret66mechanism

The Battles against Smart Meters
http://www.w4ar.com/Smart-Meters.html
secret66mechanism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #19
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret66mechanism View Post
The Battles against Smart Meters
http://www.w4ar.com/Smart-Meters.html