Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #21
neutrino
Inactive

The most important and key phrase used in the film was by the guy in charge of the show. He said "Truman is free to leave whenever he wants to".

Sure, he hit the guy with everything he could to stop him leaving but Truman finally realised it was all fake and was able to leave because he was awakened to the false reality around himself.
neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #22
mycharona
Banned

Hmmm, my post just vanished into the ether. Anyway...

I was saying that the bonus features are a must watch. The principal players outline in detail the totalitarian plot unfolding in the "real world" in the guise of entertainment in TTS.

1. director Peter Weir's insight was to make total surveillance palatable not only by casting a comedic actor, but by putting a smile on the town and on the face of all of Truman's handlers.

1a. in other words, a controlled environment (prisonplanet) could be made palatable by introducing the concept of total surveillance in the guise of entertainment: reality shows and comedic movies.

1b. this is the notion of the totalitarian tiptoe: you introduce control ie slavery one bit at a time; first in a movie, then in tv shows, then at airports, then at schools, in football games, etc.

2. the film's actors discuss the concept of DID'ed ie. dissociative identity disordered actors, who are allowed to become celebrities only if they agree to "handle" or indoctrinate the population at large.

In other words, actors develop a split in their identity between their real selves and that part of their selves who shill products, lie to their audiences, encourage them to remain a part of the system, etc.

3. the bizarre smiles on the faces of the actors in the film remain on their faces throughout their interviews.

They really do seem like mind controlled zombies or robots. They don't exhibit a normal range of facial expressions from relaxed to inquisitive to thoughtful to happy. It only stays in one zone: an oddly glazed childlike forced smile all the time. This on the face of 30-something or 40-something adults.

Bottom line of the interviews: slavery is an art form.

Last edited by mycharona; 08-11-2010 at 09:29 PM.
mycharona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:35 AM   #23
leon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay2k View Post
Production manager of the truman show: Richard Luke Rothschild

I can agree with most of what you wrote except for the moon being a military space station, cmon man the moon is thousands and thousands if not millions of years old.

edit: according to science it is:

The age is approximate and is constantly being adjusted according to most recent discoveries, but is usually thought to be the same age as the Earth, about 4 1/4 billion years.
interesting production!! and yeh truman show is a great film, if you know how to watchi it in the right way

but yeh if the theories are correct then no this wouldn't be a spaceship made by halle burton or nasa or something comparible!....it would be a far superior bio-(mechianical)? contraption which could fuck with physics so much as to even affect women's periods and tides, cloaked with some kind of hologram which we know as our moon.
It would not have been assembled by men a few thousand years ago but formed by some higher race when they terraformed the planet and genetically manipulated one of the versions of us humans
leon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #24
mycharona
Banned

A reference to the film industry, and by extension all of mainstream mass media as a "dream machine:"

It's very ironic that films which have hidden messages about how to win your own liberation also undermine this vision by employing mechanisms to keep the masses asleep and addicted.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #25
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycharona View Post
It's very ironic that films which have hidden messages about how to win your own liberation also undermine this vision by employing mechanisms to keep the masses asleep and addicted.
It is! I was having a conversation about it with my brother this afternoon - why do they release them? Is it to laugh in our faces? Is it so those unaware will laugh at us and say "You've been watching too many movies"? Is it to let us know we are right and we - in their eyes - can't do anything about it? Or is it because they believe in compliance, i.e. by putting it out there and us NOT complaining/withdrawing our permission, they believe they avoid karma?

I Am Warrior, Queen Tantrum

Last edited by armoured_amazon; 09-11-2010 at 05:58 PM.
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:26 PM   #26
mycharona
Banned

Most people will not scrutinize films very carefully at all.

It's simply a form of escapism, a chance to spend time with a girlfriend or boyfriend or a diversion for their kids so parents can get some rest.

The goal of most moviegoers and filmwatchers is escapism from the drudgery of everyday life, not as a chance for insight.

But the opportunity is there.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:22 AM   #27
urbanmonk

Quote:

2. the film's actors discuss the concept of DID'ed ie. dissociative identity disordered actors, who are allowed to become celebrities only if they agree to "handle" or indoctrinate the population at large.

In other words, actors develop a split in their identity between their real selves and that part of their selves who shill products, lie to their audiences, encourage them to remain a part of the system, etc.

Really? I need to get a copy and watch the extras.

I have honestly been sceptical about Careys awakening he has been undergoing over the last few years, seems a bit too new agey for my liking.

Last edited by urbanmonk; 10-11-2010 at 01:23 AM.
urbanmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:41 AM   #28
mycharona
Banned

While the actors themselves don't use the term DID in particular, it's pretty clear that they are drawing an analogy between Truman's "handlers"/actors in the film, and actors in general.

In other words, like Truman's handlers, all actors lead double lives not only as performers playing a role, but as political handlers who sell garbage to the public, manipulate them, indoctrinate them (actually us), lie, deceive, and so on, all while pretending to be our "friends."

Ultimately, the actors themselves become confused about who they are, and come to rely on their handlers (writers and producers) for any sense of identity (as actors, as corporate shills, in particular).

These multiple layers of delusion and compartmentalization form the basis of "entertainment" as we know it, and even the actors who discuss it are not ready to acknowledge how pervasive this phenomenon is.

Jim Carey himself seems to switch at a moment's notice from dorky guy next door to creepy psychopath, to new age guru, all in a dark, scary circle. I doubt even he knows who the "real" Jim Carey is anymore.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:15 AM   #29
urbanmonk

Quote:
While the actors themselves don't use the term DID in particular, it's pretty clear that they are drawing an analogy between Truman's "handlers"/actors in the film, and actors in general.

In other words, like Truman's handlers, all actors lead double lives not only as performers playing a role, but as political handlers who sell garbage to the public, manipulate them, indoctrinate them (actually us), lie, deceive, and so on, all while pretending to be our "friends."

Ultimately, the actors themselves become confused about who they are, and come to rely on their handlers (writers and producers) for any sense of identity (as actors, as corporate shills, in particular).

These multiple layers of delusion and compartmentalization form the basis of "entertainment" as we know it, and even the actors who discuss it are not ready to acknowledge how pervasive this phenomenon is.

Jim Carey himself seems to switch at a moment's notice from dorky guy next door to creepy psychopath, to new age guru, all in a dark, scary circle. I doubt even he knows who the "real" Jim Carey is anymore.
Thankyou for the clearer explanation, and I agree with you about Carey a sorry state which likely applies to most other prominent stars and politicians.
urbanmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 02:31 AM   #30
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Hmmm, my post just vanished into the ether. Anyway...

I was saying that the bonus features are a must watch. The principal players outline in detail the totalitarian plot unfolding in the "real world" in the guise of entertainment in TTS.

1. director Peter Weir's insight was to make total surveillance palatable not only by casting a comedic actor, but by putting a smile on the town and on the face of all of Truman's handlers.

1a. in other words, a controlled environment (prisonplanet) could be made palatable by introducing the concept of total surveillance in the guise of entertainment: reality shows and comedic movies.

1b. this is the notion of the totalitarian tiptoe: you introduce control ie slavery one bit at a time; first in a movie, then in tv shows, then at airports, then at schools, in football games, etc.

3. the bizarre smiles on the faces of the actors in the film remain on their faces throughout their interviews.

They really do seem like mind controlled zombies or robots. They don't exhibit a normal range of facial expressions from relaxed to inquisitive to thoughtful to happy. It only stays in one zone: an oddly glazed childlike forced smile all the time. This on the face of 30-something or 40-something adults.

Which version of the DVD have you got that has the extra bonus features ? Cos I am gonna by the dvd form Cex for £2 this week hopefully. There are different versions of the DVD it seems.

Regarding the concept of The Truman Show which depicts ONE MAN in his own show, it seems that ALL OF US are all living the same sort of experience COLLECTIVELY without realising it ? We are sat here in our rooms typing on our computers, and the PTB are SORT OF watching and analysing it all COLLECTIVELY, and we actually have been brainwashed and conditioned to keep ourselves and our fellow man in thi sTruman Show type of FAKE existence.

Interesting thread btw MyCharona.
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 03:45 AM   #31
mycharona
Banned

I rented this one, the 2005 special edition:

I may wind up buying it as it's not very expensive.
Old 15-11-2010, 03:58 AM   #32
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
I rented this one, the 2005 special edition:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Truman-Show-...792617&sr=8-16

I may wind up buying it as it's not very expensive.
So it's the "special edition" then. The one I am probably gonna buy is just the basic one unfortunately. It's hard to get hold of this DVD in the shops, and when you do find it, it's quite expensive.
Old 15-11-2010, 04:03 AM   #33
mycharona
Banned

Yes, the SE 2005 version has the interviews and other bonus features.

The SE is on sale for under 4 euros? so still not very expensive.

But either way, the film is quite interesting.
Old 15-11-2010, 04:04 AM   #34
helloperator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh View Post
Talking of the moon, I got the book "Who Built The Moon" , still waiting for it to arrive, I'm looking forward to the read
It's alright

Lots of interesting facts. If the moon's built then the whole universe is orchestrated

Is it all one big orchestration with the capacity to endure millions of possibly random/ chance events...

Or is it all chance and nothing else?

Like sands through an hour glass these are the questions of our lives

Last edited by helloperator; 15-11-2010 at 04:08 AM.
helloperator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 04:12 AM   #35
majorlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthicastar View Post
true...

man
lolz
Old 15-11-2010, 04:12 AM   #36
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Yes, the SE 2005 version has the interviews and other bonus features.

The SE is on sale for under 4 euros? so still not very expensive.

But either way, the film is quite interesting.
Does this version have the same extras ?
Old 15-11-2010, 04:28 AM   #37
mycharona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo View Post
Does this version have the same extras ?
It actually looks like a pirated copy to me. I'd rather go with amazon at the same or lower price.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #38
grolsch44

Default It's not illuminati...

What a great film!
Truly it's up there in the top 50.
The film is not illuminati, apart from the Rothschild name as producer there is no sly winks and nods to the elites (eg there are about 20 steps at the very end not 13)

No, the film is a beautiful exposť of the nature of reality: the world is a prison created by Satan and we must be enlightened to rise above it. Only by being true to ourselves can we do this- our fellow people (with a few noble exceptions)- have bought in to 'reality' and so - matrix style - are part of the problem.

I think Icke is right, this film encapsulates the human condition better than any other.

Ps I don't think the moon is hollow
grolsch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #39
edelweiss pirate

The movie is mind control programming.

Nothing more nothing less.

Hollywood don't give you suckers anything which is good for you, though they have a clever knack of making you think they do.

Visit the Truthatron

Visit the Truthspoon

From the man they couldn't recruit. Illuminati analysis, and a bit of messing about on the side.
edelweiss pirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #40
lizardbrain313

The Truman show is one of the greatest movies ever made imo, so much truth in that movie.
lizardbrain313 is offline   Reply With Quote