Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat
Register FAQ Chat Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you live "Off The Grid"?
Yes - Completely 1 3.57%
Yes - As much as I can 12 42.86%
No 5 17.86%
I'm Thinking About it 10 35.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
silvarizla
Banned

Question Living "Off The Grid" - Do You?

I was just wondering how many other people here live off the grid. I feel much safer that way, I'm not registered with any kind of financial institute, government body (in fact no body of any kind). I have no ties to anywhere, I don't even have my own internet and I don't actually know the person who's I use . I also don't carry any sort of ID or have a mobile phone.

There were many many reasons for me to take this decision. If it is something you want to look in to, have a look at how much Argos are charging for the cheapest mobile phones. There is obviously some reason they want EVERYONE to have one. I don't want to be a part of it.
silvarizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
raiden_zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvarizla View Post
I was just wondering how many other people here live off the grid. I feel much safer that way, I'm not registered with any kind of financial institute, government body (in fact no body of any kind). I have no ties to anywhere, I don't even have my own internet and I don't actually know the person who's I use . I also don't carry any sort of ID or have a mobile phone.

There were many many reasons for me to take this decision. If it is something you want to look in to, have a look at how much Argos are charging for the cheapest mobile phones. There is obviously some reason they want EVERYONE to have one. I don't want to be a part of it.
If you are truly and 100% off the grid then I say well done. I'd love to of course but it is near on impossible. I have children, I go to university, I've got a car a passport, all the trappings of a modern life. So I have all those ties to me. I do however refuse to, and always have done use any kind of credit be that a card, or any item bought on credit and I try to use cash whenever I can.

99.9% of people are on the grid and in the system, I'm one of them.
raiden_zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
ronisron

I don't own an automobile or have a driver's license, no valid passport, never owned a cell phone, I use cash most of the time, I don't fill out customer service surveys or have any credit cards.....

I read something a long time ago about hunters and prey. Hunters stalk prey by knowing and following their routines. I always make it a point to shake up my routine, because I don't want to be easy prey. I would be completely invisible if not for my kids and the ego I have left.
Old 16-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #4
silvarizla
Banned

^^^ I applaud you sir, they can't catch what they can't find!

It'd be interesting to see what the results of this thread are, I expect alot of people to be either option 1 or option 2. It is difficult living 100% off the grid and it can be very limiting at times but I'd rather do without. In the eyes of everybody else though, I live a completely normal life so it is quite doable.
Old 16-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
heuer
Inactive

I try to be, but it's hard.

I've got a passport, drivers licence, bank account. I go to university. I'm also registered online for stuff like Ebay and all that other crap so my details are there too. I'm also enrolled to vote. I got a mobile. List goes on.

I try to minimise, but as I said it's difficult. I don't see the point anyway. You can try and try but you can't completely live off the grid.

I was thinking of changing my name. Obviously makes no difference with government bodies and authority figures, but I mean for the smaller shit that have all my details it might be worthwhile.

Last edited by heuer; 16-09-2010 at 09:37 PM.
heuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #6
free thinker

Quote:

Have you sneeked in the country underneath a ford cargo or something?
free thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #7
h2pogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by free thinker View Post
Have you sneeked in the country underneath a ford cargo or something?
Good point..The only time when i was completely off grid was when i was an illegal immigrant..best days of my life

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233922

https://twitter.com/silversynergy
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #8
andyh
Banned

I paid off my debts and moved to a country where it's possible to refuse to register to vote legally.

I have my own water supply and small power backup for stove water pump and for the pump to get water out of the private supply.
I live about 17 miles from the nearest town, it's about as off-grid as you'll get with a wife and kids. I've got some food grown on my property but not a lot by any means. I am however near to many other village food sources and co-operative people. This is about as good as you can hope for realistically (at least with a whole family to look after). So I guess I come under the "i try to be as much as possible section"
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2010, 07:36 AM   #9
raiden_zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by heuer View Post
I try to be, but it's hard.

I've got a passport, drivers licence, bank account. I go to university. I'm also registered online for stuff like Ebay and all that other crap so my details are there too. I'm also enrolled to vote. I got a mobile. List goes on.

I try to minimise, but as I said it's difficult. I don't see the point anyway. You can try and try but you can't completely live off the grid.

I was thinking of changing my name. Obviously makes no difference with government bodies and authority figures, but I mean for the smaller shit that have all my details it might be worthwhile.
I forgot about Ebay and paypal. I find it a little annoying that "they" know what I am doing, buying, and thanks to Amazon.co.uk and the books I buy they kinda have a good idea what I am thinking too. But there is not much I can do about it aside going totally away from civilization, which I have not really thought about but I probably should.

As for a legal name change, due to the legal system it would essentially be renaming the corporate entity of 'You'. And if anybody wants further proof of the control system consider the fact you have to ask PERMISSION from them to change YOUR OWN name!
Old 17-09-2010, 11:28 AM   #10
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvarizla

Boy what a good reply!

I dont have a mobile either,all they are for is tracking people AND I ALSO WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT!

Good for you,your even more secure than I am! (And i am quite security/privacy aware)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #11
silvarizla
Banned

Its only a matter of time before you can't do ANYTHING without "them" knowing. I say fight it now before its too late.
Old 17-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #12
raiden_zero

Quote:
Its only a matter of time before you can't do ANYTHING without "them" knowing. I say fight it now before its too late.
Already here my friend! We're just in mass denial about it. 99% of children under ten, and everyone born today and onwards will have/ already had their DNA and bloodwork databased. Anyone older than that only needs to get pulled by the police for questioning and their DNA is going to be on file for the rest of time. These children are going to be the young adults, the Resisters when the proverbial really hits the fan in a few years time. Probably explains why they are so heavily bombarding the children with bulls**t and mind programming now.

But that doesn't matter, our children WON'T be enslaved, not if we believe in them, and ourselves.
Old 17-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #13
decode reality

'They' know who and where we all are. I'd rather live without fear than hide from them. I'm not saying those who live off the grid are hiding in fear,quite the opposite - it's a courageous thing to do. Not every one of us can do that or even want to, so we may as well get on with it. This is my earth too, why cede to a bunch of criminals who happen to think they can control everyone?
Old 17-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #14
bennett211085

All the latest mobiles out have google maps on them, when you go on it its recorded where you have been at each time and listed it even when your not using it, the satelites still updating your position....

As much as I would like to do away with my phone, I can just imagine being in some sort of life or death emergency 5 mins after chucking it away. I might downgrade mind you, but the navigation saves me so much money when driving through places I dont know very well....
bennett211085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #15
bennett211085

When going through a phase of going through police custody every other day in my stupider years they would take my dna everytime I went through even though everyone there knew me well. So my dna was taken upwards of 20 times. Why the need to take it so many times? I'm thinking dna can alter over time.... maybe you can change your dna? (maybe the most stupidest question ever but at least I'm aware of that)
bennett211085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #16
chillwill

Quote:

If you use the internet and use electricity then you are NOT off the grid. Close, but not quite.
chillwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #17
silvarizla
Banned

Thats an interesting question, doesn't really make sense for them to keep doing it.

I'm not living in fear, and although I do beleive I have a reason to hide it isn't because of anything illegal or such like. I'm doing it in protest. They think they can keep tabs on everyone without them necessarily knowing about it. Well, not me. Even if I'm the only person in the country they can't find then its a small victory for humanity and I want to do my bit.
Old 17-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #18
heuer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennett211085 View Post
All the latest mobiles out have google maps on them, when you go on it its recorded where you have been at each time and listed it even when your not using it, the satelites still updating your position....

As much as I would like to do away with my phone, I can just imagine being in some sort of life or death emergency 5 mins after chucking it away. I might downgrade mind you, but the navigation saves me so much money when driving through places I dont know very well....
I'm pretty sure you can turn off location services on the iPhone.

And no, you can't change your DNA (referring to your second post).
heuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #19
silvarizla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillwill View Post
If you use the internet and use electricity then you are NOT off the grid. Close, but not quite.
If you don't have your own electricity or internet then you are. (No I haven't wired some doss house to the lamp post before you ask lol).