PDA

View Full Version : How much would slaves cost today?

bilbo666
29-11-2009, 09:30 PM
If it was ok to own slaves today, but the goverment was the onlyperson that could legaly sell slaves.

How much do you think one would go for?

I would assume big business would be buying as many as possible, making the demand and price pretty high.

yozhik
29-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Government does sell us.
What do you think backs treasury BONDS?

nioz
29-11-2009, 10:29 PM
If it was ok to own slaves today, but the goverment was the onlyperson that could legaly sell slaves.

I would assume big business would be buying as many as possible, making the demand and price pretty high.

Are you serious?

Buying slaves is sooooo 1760 BC

They've come up with a more lucrative way for that, slaves now don't cost you money but make money for you.

littlegreenman
29-11-2009, 10:35 PM

Buying a slave and then not being able to sell it when needed doesn't sound like a very good business proposal to me. One thing I would be sure of is a booming underground slave market.

flyermay
29-11-2009, 10:37 PM
5 an hour... And it's completely legal!!!!

smariot
29-11-2009, 10:58 PM
They don't sell slaves, they rent them.

tribe_of_david
29-11-2009, 11:15 PM
depends what the slave would be used for i suppose ?

bealert
29-11-2009, 11:39 PM
depends what the slave would be used for i suppose ?
ask the working class in Britain they are paid about 200 per week and relie on benefit bumps to survive so they can feed there children

danster82
30-11-2009, 01:13 AM
Whatever the minimum wage is I guess

rollotomaz1
30-11-2009, 01:33 AM

Probably the cheap training shoes your wearing right now from Vietnam.

http://www.childlabor.in/child-labour-the-real-situation.htm

mysticmolly
30-11-2009, 06:34 AM
Slaves are only slaves, till they out breed the rest of the population and seize power with a political coup then the the slave master becomes the slave ... we will see it happen shortly.

You could probably even hold your breath .... any time now...

This has happened over and over again in history.

Shame nobody ever seems to learn anything from history ...

relentless
30-11-2009, 07:07 AM

Would change day to day

pi3141
30-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Whatever the minimum wage is I guess

Thats what I was going to say!

mikey mikey
30-11-2009, 09:28 AM

We have a winner.

rollotomaz1
30-11-2009, 01:51 PM
We have a winner.

Give my winnings to the needy in Bangladesh.

bilbo666
30-11-2009, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=rollotomaz1;1058447485]Probably the cheap training shoes your wearing right now from Vietnam.

I dont wear training shoes as im not from this planet :p

rollotomaz1
30-11-2009, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=rollotomaz1;1058447485]Probably the cheap training shoes your wearing right now from Vietnam.

I dont wear training shoes as im not from this planet :p

Check out all your other labels you little devil you :D

kanz
30-11-2009, 05:54 PM

a slave costs about 5.80 an hour give or take 30p

flyermay
30-11-2009, 06:15 PM

It's even worst that child labour, some countries still have slavery due to globalisation.

This is a boy describing when he was sold to work for GAP in India:

'I was bought from my parents' village in [the northern state of] Bihar and taken to New Delhi by train,' he says. 'The men came looking for us in July. They had loudspeakers in the back of a car and told my parents that, if they sent me to work in the city, they won't have to work in the farms. My father was paid a fee for me and I was brought down with 40 other children. The journey took 30 hours and we weren't fed. I've been told I have to work off the fee the owner paid for me so I can go home, but I am working for free. I am a shaagird [a pupil]. The supervisor has told me because I am learning I don't get paid. It has been like this for four months...'
Full Story: Child sweatshop shame threatens Gap's ethical image (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2007/oct/28/ethicalbusiness.india)

I'm wondering how much that fee would be in $ or (the price of a slave child).

flickflack
30-11-2009, 09:50 PM
We should not see ourselves as slaves, because then we may be recognized as something we are not.
If you can quit your job to get another one, then that is not slavery. It's your freedom to serve and protect your own wealth. Many people are quite happy to work, since they have something to go to.
It has become popular to have something like a job to go to, especially if you don't feel you have much of a home to come back to. Might as well just spend your day in the office. ;)