PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone go to boarding school?

pessi_optimist
29-10-2009, 04:52 PM
I went to posh public boarding school. It has only dawned on me recently what horrific places they are. They have gone from glorified prisons to politically correct, pro human rights prisons in recent times though. It was really a high level of behavioural and educational brainwashing.

The level of racism there was also remarkable and i've only really just realised it. There was a massive prejudice against Jews(and poor people), for reasons i cannot fathom or explain. It came out of nowhere, but it was deeply entrenched in all the students. I fucking hated it, ran away from it and travelled down the country back home once. Never learnt a thing, didn't listen in class, got awful grades, and it was apparentley because i was retarded and/or lazy :D Maybe i am?

Anyone else? What were other schools like? Y'know, the pikey schools :D:p

size_of_light
29-10-2009, 05:00 PM
I didn't.

But when I hear the words "boarding school" all I can think of is the cane, bedwetting and sodomy.

pessi_optimist
29-10-2009, 05:05 PM
I didn't.

But when I hear the words "boarding school" all I can think of is the cane, bedwetting and sodomy.

I believe sodomy and caning was outlawed a long time ago. When my dad first went there back in the early 50's, on his first day he got chucked in a full bath and had a wooden board placed ontop of it. Initiation apprentley :rolleyes:

No it's totally PC. Violence and all is not tolerated. Which surely is a good thing... :confused:

size_of_light
29-10-2009, 05:14 PM
No it's totally PC. Violence and all is not tolerated. Which surely is a good thing... :confused:

If I ever have kids, I give you permission to kill me on the spot if I ever then decide to sacrifice them to be ruled over 24/7 behind closed doors by a bunch of closet sado-masochistic establishment perverts hiding behind the label of 'teachers'.

clachan
29-10-2009, 06:08 PM
I did.

All boys school near Guildford.Best days of my life,wouldn,t change it even if i could.

:D

jammasterj13
29-10-2009, 06:30 PM
I went to boring school.
Does that count?

haukipesukone
29-10-2009, 06:36 PM
I believe sodomy and caning was outlawed a long time ago. When my dad first went there back in the early 50's, on his first day he got chucked in a full bath and had a wooden board placed ontop of it. Initiation apprentley :rolleyes:

Wooden board, boarding school. Spot the connection.

bobbydiva
29-10-2009, 06:46 PM
My cousin goes to a boarding shcool. It was/is funded by Freemasons, he has to wear a cape! And isn't allowed on the internet. He has a direct link to Yale where he will be my Skull and Bones insider lol.

No joke though they are prisons, completely.

pessi_optimist
29-10-2009, 07:37 PM
My cousin goes to a boarding shcool. It was/is funded by Freemasons, he has to wear a cape! And isn't allowed on the internet. He has a direct link to Yale where he will be my Skull and Bones insider lol.

That's actualy pretty funny. Use him as a double agent!

pessi_optimist
29-10-2009, 07:39 PM
I did.

All boys school near Guildford.Best days of my life,wouldn,t change it even if i could.

All boys school? Hmmm.

Yeah i had some great times at the school don't get me wrong, but it all involved girls, drink and smoking dope outside my room window. Didn't occur to me that i could have been doing something usefull with my time, like educating myself! Wasted youth :D

them
29-10-2009, 07:43 PM
I did.

Snap, I boarded near Guildford and had the most amazing experiences too ;)

nicholaq
29-10-2009, 07:54 PM
I went to posh public boarding school. It has only dawned on me recently what horrific places they are. They have gone from glorified prisons to politically correct, pro human rights prisons in recent times though. It was really a high level of behavioural and educational brainwashing.

The level of racism there was also remarkable and i've only really just realised it. There was a massive prejudice against Jews(and poor people), for reasons i cannot fathom or explain. It came out of nowhere, but it was deeply entrenched in all the students. I fucking hated it, ran away from it and travelled down the country back home once. Never learnt a thing, didn't listen in class, got awful grades, and it was apparentley because i was retarded and/or lazy :D Maybe i am?

Anyone else? What were other schools like? Y'know, the pikey schools :D:p

Never went but was threatened with it quite often as a child.x:eek:

nicholaq
29-10-2009, 07:55 PM
I didn't.

Thats funny!:D

icarus
29-10-2009, 08:11 PM
I went to a Catholic boarding school for a year or two, no idea why cos i'm not Catholic, and now I'm an atheist.

The nuns were lovely sweet people and as far as I remember there was nothing untoward. My main memory is buyng crisps for one pence a packet and a beautiful old Oak tree in the grounds that we used to play conkers under.

Sacred Hearts in Exeter I think, great memories. A lot of the scare stories about Catholicism are from the usual suspect I think. Looking at the world today we can see that their agenda has moved on a bit.

clachan
29-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Snap, I boarded near Guildford and had the most amazing experiences too ;)

Was it near Cranleigh ?

them
29-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Was it near Cranleigh ?

No, Goldaming!

pureheart
29-10-2009, 09:40 PM
When I was a child I wanted to grow up to be a boarding school matron so that I could look after all the 'unfortunate children' that had been sent away from their mums and dads. :o

clachan
30-10-2009, 06:43 PM
When I was a child I wanted to grow up to be a boarding school matron so that I could look after all the 'unfortunate children' that had been sent away from their mums and dads. :o

I considered myself fortunate.:)

What a laugh !......and what an education regarding human type,i got to know how people work and the methods they employed to further their own power and influence over others.

I had one particular kid who hated me from day one.
I never knew why,but developed a 6th sense,I had to watch him 24/7,this has benefited me enormously over the years.

Everyone had their own way of getting buy,some kids went almost un noticed,others paired off and others were gang members.

chris
30-10-2009, 06:51 PM
What a lazy way to parent your children, send them away most of the time untill they are adults.

That's worse than putting them in front of the tv.

justnotsure
30-10-2009, 07:08 PM
My daughter is at a state primary where one boy in the class has been expelled after 2 years of disruption which has set them all back by at least 5 months, pupils numbers are at 34 or above, a boy who sits next to her regularly calls her a f***in bi**h and writes it on pieces of paper which he passes to her and another boy elbowed her in the stomach when she refused to do something but he has "anger management" issues. I am proposing to move her to a private school (not boarding) so she has a chance of learning something.

chris
30-10-2009, 07:15 PM
My daughter is at a state primary where one boy in the class has been expelled after 2 years of disruption which has set them all back by at least 5 months, pupils numbers are at 34 or above, a boy who sits next to her regularly calls her a f***in bi**h and writes it on pieces of paper which he passes to her and another boy elbowed her in the stomach when she refused to do something but he has "anger management" issues. I am proposing to move her to a private school (not boarding) so she has a chance of learning something.

That's a good idea...Some private schools are very good. Second only to home education.

I personally would never send my kids to public school not unless they begged to go.

pessi_optimist
30-10-2009, 08:57 PM
What a lazy way to parent your children, send them away most of the time untill they are adults.

That's worse than putting them in front of the tv.

Yes very true. My parents raised me till i was 13 then let a school take over in the very important years between 13-16. I should have stayed until 18 but i hated it so much i got to leave. Thanks God i didn't stay because i think i would have come out with a truly elitist mentality. Most public schools have elitist mentailities, mine less so than other but very prejudice against the poor, jews, different 'classes' etc....vile :rolleyes:

drhemp
30-10-2009, 10:47 PM
One of my friends commented on being sent to boarding school from the age of seven that 'at least he didn't have to get upset when his parents died'. He also described his posh accent as 'this awful public school accent that my parents cursed me with.'

I went to commoners school, mind you I hated that too and was only required to be there a few hours a day, I dread to think what I'd have made of boarding school aside to say I'd have really hated it.

Any one seen the film 'If'? Where he goes crazy with the school armory after getting a caning. Half the film is in colour and half the film is in B&W; apparently people have written essays for degrees or doctorates as to why it is done this way. The actual reason was simply because they didn't have enough money to film the entire film in colour, which was more expensive back then.

them
31-10-2009, 12:05 PM

I had very positive experiences and didn't feel abandoned at all. It was like having two families :) (my Housemasters family lived in our house with us) I was already used to not seeing my Father as he was in the Army & then when he was killed the camaraderie of school.. a 'band of brothers' mentality.. got me through that whole traumatising experience. Both my daughters board, they love it.

I also learned 'how to learn' in a stimulating and intellectually challenging environment which I'm very glad about. Justnotsure's daughter sounds like she's having an horrendous education and getting her away from classes of 34.. full of little shits who's parents obviously don't care about developing their childs brains at all is a sensible move. There were just 10 boys in my year. I bet she wont want to be a day girl for long! She'll ask to board after a while, mind my words!

justnotsure
31-10-2009, 02:55 PM
I had very positive experiences and didn't feel abandoned at all. It was like having two families :) (my Housemasters family lived in our house with us) I was already used to not seeing my Father as he was in the Army & then when he was killed the camaraderie of school.. a 'band of brothers' mentality.. got me through that whole traumatising experience. Both my daughters board, they love it.

I also learned 'how to learn' in a stimulating and intellectually challenging environment which I'm very glad about. Justnotsure's daughter sounds like she's having an horrendous education and getting her away from classes of 34.. full of little shits who's parents obviously don't care about developing their childs brains at all is a sensible move. There were just 10 boys in my year. I bet she wont want to be a day girl for long! She'll ask to board after a while, mind my words!

Any hints on getting the money together, we can just about afford to transfer her for 2 years to the local prep school to get her education back on track but after that it looks like back to the state sector!!

cpfc12
31-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Does anyone else on here come to the conclusion that public schools are made that way on purpose ??
cmon wouldn't it be a briliant way to keep the government leaders cold and heartless ?

cpfc12
31-10-2009, 03:24 PM

just read your post, sorry to hear about your father, mate

them
31-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Any hints on getting the money together, we can just about afford to transfer her for 2 years to the local prep school to get her education back on track but after that it looks like back to the state sector!!

I would focus on getting her education kick started first and foremost. Once you've done that start focusing on sourcing funds to keep her there. The school will also have scholarships & assisted places available, I would imagine, so look into that after she's started.

If you can't keep her there look to supplement her education with private tuition as an alternative. Just a thought.

just read your post, sorry to hear about your father, mate

That's okay!

It was twenty seven years ago and time is a great healer. Besides.. he loved his job and knew the score, strange as that might sound.

rapunzel
31-10-2009, 03:48 PM
My partner was sent to boarding school when he was 8 as he was a tearaway who hated authority and refused to go to school. The local council sent him and he said it was the best thing that ever happened to him. He was from a very large and poor family but at school he got plenty of food, plenty of sleep and was taught to respect himself as well as getting an education he wouldn't otherwise have had. He determined to rebel when he was first sent there but soon learned that the best way to get on was to conform outwardly whilst retaining his individuality. He ended up as House Captain but unfortunately he had to leave aged 12 as the Council wouldn't pay for him to go there any longer.

I longed to go to boarding school when I was young as did most of my friends. We used to read all the girl's comics and books about boarding school and thought we would have had endless exciting adventures if we went.

loki
31-10-2009, 03:59 PM
i went to boarding school and loved every second of it ... one of the best times of my life

its like having a sleep over with your mates every day of the week

ours wasn't that strict we had socials and went on outings to paint ball and the beach and stuff all the time

was very much a rugby school though ... i loved it ... i always hear about the bad ones ... never experienced it myself ... all my experiences are positive

yeah
31-10-2009, 04:31 PM
A very dear freind of mine was adopted as a baby and attented boarding school until he was 15, he hated his cold heartless parents, with a vengence, he stopped boarding at 15 because he killed his headmaster after yet another beating. The police etc were called but when they saw the savaged state his body was in, no charges were made, infact nothing happened he left the school moved all over the world and became a multimillionaire, until the malaysian financial crash. He is also a mason, and a very gentle giant of a man, w2ho obviously choose not to board his children.
My brother was privately educated all his life, and boarded on and off. His best friend was caned with drawing pins sellotaped to a ruler. The headmaster was many years later to be found to be abusing the boys in more than one way. That school was clodsed down. I've been surrounded by private education and the level of thickness in pupils is unbelievable. My brother being a lazy parent who has a very time consuming job etc etc, has no option but to get other people to look after them...Another person who puts money above love. Parenting is tough, love them however time consuming and bloody minded they are. Making money to keep a selfish lifestyle possible is, pretty fucked up i'd say. Isn't it honestly putting a greedy ego first.

equinox
31-10-2009, 04:33 PM
I went to public school in the early '80s, it was pretty hardcore, there was fagging, and some of the teachers were bastards, having said that though, I learnt to get away with stuff without being caught, and had a great laugh at times, but I was bullied quite badly too, which scarred me for a long time, although I would have had problems at any school to be honest.
Yeah there was alot of prejudice towards anyone who was different in any way at all.one of the teachers had a complaint made against him about a racist comment he made to a black boy.
I think the film 'IF' really captures the atmosphere of the place, I think it was based on fear and intimidation, that's how the place ran, it was run by the prefects, they were 17/18 and they made you believe that they could do whatever they liked to you and that they would get away with it, I remember one day when we were outside throwing milk bottles up as high in the air as we could, and watching them smash, and we were summoned into the prefect room, they had cricket bats in their hands, we were shitting it and didn't know what was going to happen, they didn't hit us with them, but the point was the intimidation.
I did learn about people, maybe that's what they mean about 'the certain something ' that other people don't have, my mother still says that she can see the benefits in me and my brother and sister, not sure what they are though.

aventurine
31-10-2009, 06:37 PM
I work at a boarding school which houses 50 boys, aged 11 - 18. About 50 per cent of them come from China & Hong Kong, with the rest made up of British boys with a few from other European countries like France, Germany & Spain.

To be honest, I find the behaviour of alot of them leaves much to be desired...they seem to get away with far too much IMO! The Principal and the Matron are a married couple, and Matron is my immediate boss. She is always complaining that the boys need more discipline, but nothing ever seems to happen. And these are meant to be the creme de la creme of society...?:rolleyes:

On the other hand I can see that these kids have been sent away from home, some of them only seeing their families twice a year at best, and the environment needs to be as happy and positive for them as possible. I feel sorry for so many of them, although I know it's a generalisation to say they all hate being there, but you can clearly see some of them are unhappy. Most of them have every material possession money can buy, the only thing they are missing is the company of loving parents & siblings, it would seem.

It's certainly opened my eyes since working there!:eek:

pert
10-03-2010, 11:21 AM
I was sent away to board when I was 10,some kids had been sent away as young as 7, in term time we were only allowed to see our families for a few hours on sundays. I left when I was 16, i was supposed to stay on till I was 18 but I din't get good O level results - so much for their teaching standards. I was also bullied quite badly as well. A couple of years after i left some of the teachers were arrested for being in a peadophile ring.

bentarver
06-06-2010, 10:52 AM
I don't think all boarding school are bad. My parents told me that when I get to a boarding school (http://www.teen-boarding-school.com) I should learn first the attitude of the people around me so I can tolerate what they are doing and still be good in school

pessi_optimist
06-06-2010, 05:49 PM
darn, how did you find this thread in order to reprise it 3 months after it went bye bye?

shanekruger
15-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Well! I went to a boarding school...it was an amazing experience and it had wonderful wilderness programs (http://www.teenWildernessPrograms.org) as well. I will probably send my kids to boarding school as well. Most people think it is some kind of punishment, but I made better friends there...and relationships that over 10 years later are still so strong.

heuer
15-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Most of the elites go to boarding schools.

I never went, but know a few that went.

Problem I see is the children are essentially raised by teachers and their peers, which I deem as being quite an issue.

Wouldn't it be natural to want to be there and help raise your children during potentially the most influential part of their lives?

oneup
15-11-2010, 10:29 AM
I remember when I was at school one day I had been a little too naughty and the police arrested me. They kept me overnight, and I returned to school the next day. The other kids all asked me what was prison like? I replied saying "Awesome! All I had to do all day was listen to radio and read magazines all day! What a freedom!".
Sums it all up :D

All boys school? Hmmm.

Yeah i had some great times at the school don't get me wrong, but it all involved girls, drink and smoking dope outside my room window. Didn't occur to me that i could have been doing something usefull with my time, like educating myself! Wasted youth :D

Your post made me smile, oh the memories :)

phemohilia
15-11-2010, 10:36 AM
I use to ditch school to go skateboarding, does that count??? :p