PDA

View Full Version : Flouride in Beer

pureheart
21-10-2009, 05:05 PM
I was just re-reading David's latest book and he mentioned something that I hadn't really thought about.

Those of us who think we are 'awake' are probably using flouride-free toothpaste, avoiding aspartame and drinking bottled water, but how many are still drinking wine and beer which are probably made from flouridated water. :eek:

I suppose the same applies to lemonade, juice drinks made from concentrate, ready-made soups, etc etc.

planetsadhana
21-10-2009, 05:06 PM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:eek:

flip side
21-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Easy on the Strongbow that's for sure. 'Artificial sweetener' laced. I've been trying to find out whether Aspartame is the offender. I'm off it though, any artificial sweetener is bad in my eyes. As for flouride in the beer, sure, why not...be hard to find out though. You could research where the beer is brewed and see if that country has flouridated water. Maybe we should compile a list?

I must say, after a night on the beer the next day my head seems all over the place these days...maybe I'm getting old ;)

measle_weasel
21-10-2009, 05:26 PM
True, I never thought of this. Maybe imported beer, wine, and spirits from countries that do not fluoridate their water would be the best option, aside from just not drinking at all.

flip side
21-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Might explain a few things lol... ;)

http://nutritionresearchcenter.org/healthnews/nothing-like-a-guiness-beer-with-a-fluoride-chaser/

sade
21-10-2009, 05:29 PM
For those who want to bake, make desserts, drinks and such, try:
Erythritol (awesome for diabetics), Xylitol (like maltitol, so don't use too much of it) & Stevia.
(the gold of nature, 300 times sweeter than sugar, if I remember correctly.)

I combine Erythritol (I powder it) with Nustevia when baking and doing other stuff.
They contain no calories and don't have the same effects as sugar.

Infinite I
21-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Easy on the Strongbow that's for sure. 'Artificial sweetener' laced. I've been trying to find out whether Aspartame is the offender. I'm off it though, any artificial sweetener is bad in my eyes. As for flouride in the beer, sure, why not...be hard to find out though. You could research where the beer is brewed and see if that country has flouridated water. Maybe we should compile a list?

I must say, after a night on the beer the next day my head seems all over the place these days...maybe I'm getting old ;)

I emailed strongbow and got the a response surprisingly, its saccharin, I dont drink it now.

binkbonk
21-10-2009, 05:35 PM
I researched this on the internet a couple of months ago. There are some fluoride free beers but, no comprehensive lists of them. You basically need to write the beer manufacturers and ask if they are using fluoridated water, or filtering it out.

flip side
21-10-2009, 05:38 PM
I emailed strongbow and got the a response surprisingly, its saccharin, I dont drink it now.

Thanks for that DMT head ;)

That bad boy's linked to cancer. Wiki says:

Throughout the 1960s, various studies suggested that saccharin might be an animal carcinogen. Concern peaked in 1977, after the publication of a study indicating an increased rate of bladder cancer in rats fed large doses of saccharin. In that year, Canada banned saccharin while the United States Food and Drug Administration also proposed a ban. At the time, saccharin was the only artificial sweetener available in the U.S., and the proposed ban met with strong public opposition, especially among diabetics. Eventually, the U.S. Congress placed a moratorium on the ban, requiring instead that all saccharin-containing foods display a warning label indicating that saccharin may be a carcinogen.

Many studies have since been performed on saccharin, some showing a correlation between saccharin consumption and increased frequency of cancer in rats (especially bladder cancer) and others finding no such correlation. No study has ever shown a clear causal relationship between saccharin consumption and health risks in humans at normal doses, though some studies have shown a correlation between consumption and cancer incidence.[15] It appears that there is insufficient data to test hypotheses about humans from certain animal studies that have been performed.[16] According to saccharin.org, a group which represents the low-calorie and reduced-fat food and beverage industry, the products of those it represents containing saccharin are perfectly safe: "Concerns over saccharin's safety were first raised twenty years ago after a flawed study that administered huge quantities of the sweetener to laboratory rats produced bladder tumors in rats. New and better scientific research has decisively shown that the earlier rat studies are not at all applicable to humans." The U.S. National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences came to the same conclusion in 2000, recommending that saccharin be removed from the list of known or suspected human carcinogens.[17] The mechanism appears to be due the way that rats metabolize sodium, and bladder cancer which cannot be replicated in other mammals has also been observed with rat consumption of other sodium salts such as sodium citrate and bicarbonate. Saccharin has, however, also been linked to thyroid cancer in mice. [18]

In 1991, after fourteen years, the FDA formally withdrew its 1977 proposal to ban the use of saccharin, and in 2000, the U.S. Congress repealed the law requiring saccharin products to carry health warning labels.

Nothing like a strongbow in the summer...oh well.

pureheart
21-10-2009, 05:39 PM

That explains why Strongbow always makes me feel ill. Cornish Rattler seems OK and they are selling it in Morrisons and Tesco. I wonder if the water is flouridated in Truro?

I never touch wine anyway. I couldn't work out why it made my asthma so bad but apparently wine-makers use egg whites and skimmed milk to 'fine' the wine, so that could explain it (I'm allergic to both).

Wine-making is quite gross really when you look at this

http://www.aromadictionary.com/articles/fining_article.html

Where on earth did they come up with using swim-bladders? :eek:

wispa
21-10-2009, 05:42 PM
What a shame.. I am drinking Strongbow at the moment, and at this stage I really don't care

ex sheep
21-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Scotland is getting fluoride in the water shortly, so you will have fluoride in yer whisky from now on.
I wonder if the elite like a touch of the hard stuff :D

clint_giles
21-10-2009, 05:46 PM
i would think that any form of drink you would buy that is not water.

it would be made with a water source supplied to them from their community they are manafacturing it from.

if you want to believe that they are using filtered,natural spring water.
that is up to you.

personally i think,that would not be true.

buisness of the sort are in it to make a profit.

i wonder if at all,any sort of drink,if made at all is out there in the world?

i personally have never seen a beer,any other type of alcohol,juice or pop,or any beverage,being advertised with being made from natural spring feed water or a filtered source..

can anyone here produce one?
and if so do you believe them?
have you seen any tests done on the water,they claim they are using from that source?

facts are important nowadays.

pureheart
22-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Of course there's the ice too. I'd forgotten about that. You pay 1.65 for a bottle of mineral water in a pub and then they put frozen scabby old tap water in it. Doh! :rolleyes:

steveio64
22-10-2009, 04:40 PM
We've recently been using a Brita water filter and have noticed a hell of a difference in taste.. it doesn't say in the bunf if it takes out flouride though.. anyone know if it does

whiterain
22-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks for that DMT head ;)

That bad boy's linked to cancer. Wiki says:

Nothing like a strongbow in the summer...oh well.

urrg strongbow is about the worst cider there is. i cant belive its the one in every pub. im almost tee total these days but give me a pint of something like westons over strongbow any day. probably full of shit too mind

tb303
22-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Might explain a few things lol... ;)

http://nutritionresearchcenter.org/healthnews/nothing-like-a-guiness-beer-with-a-fluoride-chaser/

I've often wondered why they claim that Irish brewed Guiness is better than Guiness brewed elsewhere, because it all tastes like dishwater to me.

Now I know!

binkbonk
22-10-2009, 04:56 PM
We've recently been using a Brita water filter and have noticed a hell of a difference in taste.. it doesn't say in the bunf if it takes out flouride though.. anyone know if it doesI don't think it does. Taking out Fluoride is, as I understand, a little more complicated, and there is no market for it because the masses still believe it's good for them. So I highly doubt your Brita takes the Fluoride out.

pureheart
22-10-2009, 04:59 PM
I've just come across this discussion on another site...

Eric

The main reason for using fluoride in municipal water supply is to prevent wear and tear on pipes . Fluoride forms a film coating inside pipes, which prevents corrosion. Dental benefit is only a cover up.

http://www.roinstallation.com (link to water filter system).

Now that's not an argument I've heard before. :)

ekim
22-10-2009, 05:06 PM
i would think that any form of drink you would buy that is not water.

it would be made with a water source supplied to them from their community they are manafacturing it from.

if you want to believe that they are using filtered,natural spring water.
that is up to you.

personally i think,that would not be true.

buisness of the sort are in it to make a profit.

i wonder if at all,any sort of drink,if made at all is out there in the world?

i personally have never seen a beer,any other type of alcohol,juice or pop,or any beverage,being advertised with being made from natural spring feed water or a filtered source..

can anyone here produce one?
and if so do you believe them?
have you seen any tests done on the water,they claim they are using from that source?

facts are important nowadays.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/599/kokanee.jpg

This beer is said to be made with glacier water. I think it's garbage though. In the same class as budweiser.

I don't drink much beer though, usually micro brewery and sometime even organic.

ekim
22-10-2009, 05:08 PM

Eric

The main reason for using fluoride in municipal water supply is to prevent wear and tear on pipes . Fluoride forms a film coating inside pipes, which prevents corrosion. Dental benefit is only a cover up.

rotfl

The town I live near stopped adding fluoride to the water, within 9-18 months the pregnancy rate nd crime rate spiked quite high.........we all know what it's used for............:mad:

passing
22-10-2009, 05:29 PM
I read somewhere on this forum, quite recently, that there's been some legal controversy (not sure if in USA or EU or both) over the legality of making food/drink with 'medicated water' (including the flouridated variety).
I'll see if I can find it...

steevo
22-10-2009, 05:31 PM
We APPEAR to have no choice but to drink/eat their poisenous chemicals.

passing
22-10-2009, 05:33 PM
I read somewhere on this forum, quite recently, that there's been some legal controversy (not sure if in USA or EU or both) over the legality of making food/drink with 'medicated water' (including the flouridated variety).
I'll see if I can find it...

Nope, nothing found for 'medicated water' although I'm sure that was the expression used. Anyone else remember this?

p.s. that's the first time I've quoted myself, I hope it'll be the last :p

pureheart
22-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Was it anything to do with this?

http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=588737

passing
22-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Was it anything to do with this?

http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=588737

Yes - and thankyou - although I think it was more recent than that. How frustrating!

The gist of it was that if an intended ingredient of saleable food/drink has been 'medicated' it cannot legally be used. It sounded like the best hope for stopping flouridation of water supplies because tap-water goes into a hell of a lot of food and drinks.

From your link:
"All ingestible substances are either foods or medicines, when fluoride - in ANY
form - is added to water with the intent to medicate then that water becomes
a medicine, and must comply with the regulations relating to the registration,
licensing, sale and administration of medicines."

Thanks again!

beldazar
22-10-2009, 06:03 PM
That explains why Strongbow always makes me feel ill. Cornish Rattler seems OK and they are selling it in Morrisons and Tesco. I wonder if the water is flouridated in Truro?

I never touch wine anyway. I couldn't work out why it made my asthma so bad but apparently wine-makers use egg whites and skimmed milk to 'fine' the wine, so that could explain it (I'm allergic to both).

Wine-making is quite gross really when you look at this

http://www.aromadictionary.com/articles/fining_article.html

Where on earth did they come up with using swim-bladders? :eek:

Not as far as I am aware....I contacted South West Water last year about flouride and was phoned by them a couple of times. They say they concentrate on taking things out, not putting things in, lol, although that could mean anything :rolleyes:
Also St Austell brewery I should imagine make beer from unflouridated water

fekdemasons
22-10-2009, 07:27 PM

Eric

It does the same thing in your Pineal gland. Which prevents enlightenment !!

:mad::mad:

pureheart
23-10-2009, 09:36 AM
So that's why so many alcoholics are depressed - it's not the alcohol itself it's all the flouride! ;)

wakeupworld
23-10-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't think it does. Taking out Fluoride is, as I understand, a little more complicated, and there is no market for it because the masses still believe it's good for them. So I highly doubt your Brita takes the Fluoride out.

It doesn`t your right. It primary use is to make the water taste better and it takes out the chlorine to do this.

Also bread is made with contaminated water and don`t buy into the bottled water myth. Bottled water is bad and full of impurities.

I raided my piggy bank several times and invested in a reverse osmosis system and my dog laps the water up and drinks 3 times the amount than the bottled water I previously gave him.

I also make my own bread using a bread machine. Stop putting crap into your bodies.

fekdemasons
23-10-2009, 09:52 AM
So that's why so many alcoholics are depressed - it's not the alcohol itself it's all the flouride! ;)

I think its both ,

plus the fact that Alcohol loosens inhibitoins , aids and abets stupid decisions , risky behaviours which lead to family break up , financial ruin , violence and misery , which in turn cause depression and anger....... which leads to more drinking.

THe viscious cycle .

rodin
23-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Thats it I'm cutting down to ten pints a night

margaretr
23-10-2009, 10:27 AM
http://www.ukcaf.org/european_court_ruling_spells_an_end_to_fluoridatio .html
I think this is what youare looking for

hadabusa
23-10-2009, 10:35 AM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:eek:

loloollollolol.

neutrino
23-10-2009, 10:41 AM
It seems no matter what you do, what you try to avoid you're always going to take in their poison. :(

hadabusa
23-10-2009, 10:51 AM
It seems no matter what you do, what you try to avoid you're always going to take in their poison. :(

water is all a body needs, why drink ,say, redbull?

an engine needs oil, you dont put redbull in it.

:cool:

antinwo
23-10-2009, 11:44 AM

Is Saccharin not good:confused:

redskywalker
23-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Is Saccharin not good:confused:

pmsl :p

budda_i_am_awake
25-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Scotland is getting fluoride in the water shortly, so you will have fluoride in yer whisky from now on.

Really they are? I don't believe it... as if scotish people would allow that... am shocked, I though they would beat the crap out of them before they let them put it in the water...

budda_i_am_awake
25-08-2010, 06:26 PM

http://www.abelandcole.co.uk/ - alcholie is poisen... its gone off fruit... but you know... in general buy from these there pretty good nothing has crap in. Its little more expensive then normal but not much.

neoconsumer
25-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Did you know that there's this other thing in beer too, called alcohol!

Pretty nasty stuff that!

tinyint
25-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks goodness they don't need flouridic acid in the drinking water, US propaganda has been sufficient enough.

Our drinking water contains, following official statistics, about 0,25mg/l, which is pretty less. The Flouride promoters would advice an additional 1mg for "protection".

I would be interested to know other countries concentration.
We could probably create a sort of ranking list, should be quite interesting.

Thanks goodness again, we still have the watered down Reinheitsgebot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What wiki don't mention is, that the purity law was in fact disabled after anglo-saxon breweries bought the german ones.
Long tradition ceased to exist silently. :(

icke_is_right
25-08-2010, 09:31 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fluoridated-water-extent-world.svg

I drink German beer personally.

orb27
25-08-2010, 09:35 PM
We're one of the few remaining European countries with fluoridated water here in Ireland, it's a bad joke. And people wonder why we don't march and picket anymore like the French, Stalin would be proud. :rolleyes:

mattzadak
25-08-2010, 10:57 PM
flouride's in everything

animals drink it

its in restaurant food

grocery store food

medicine

anything that uses water

budda_i_am_awake
25-08-2010, 11:59 PM
flouride's in everything

animals drink it

its in restaurant food

grocery store food

medicine

anything that uses water

Beggining to think the irish have the right idea... fuck the queen! Fuck the English govement! Lets get drunk as fuck because shit in the food and drink so it does not matter... and fuck everything else because its already a game show anyways... haha Could say they have given up but there to drunk to give a fuck haha... Guess better to die from alchole posiening by choice then to die by fluoride posiening with no choice haha

orb27
26-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Beggining to think the irish have the right idea... fuck the queen! Fuck the English govement! Lets get drunk as fuck because shit in the food and drink so it does not matter... and fuck everything else because its already a game show anyways... haha Could say they have given up but there to drunk to give a fuck haha... Guess better to die from alchole posiening by choice then to die by fluoride posiening with no choice haha

What a turnip head.

tinyint
26-08-2010, 04:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fluoridated-water-extent-world.svg

I drink German beer personally.

Not a bad idea. :D

I thought, I'd post the map you posted as svg link.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a0/Fluoridated-water-extent-world.svg/500px-Fluoridated-water-extent-world.svg.png

red 80100%
6080%
4060%
2040%
120%
white < 1%
grey unknown

masonicboom
26-08-2010, 04:32 PM

No, No, they have access to drinks and drugs that we could not fathom.
Like the greedy fiends who keep all the good/pure dope and sell the
adulterated crap.

Or they just get full body organ transpants every 50 years.

And drink as much as I do.

passing
26-08-2010, 04:35 PM
No, No, they have access to drinks and drugs that we could not fathom.
Like the greedy fiends who keep all the good/pure dope and sell the
adulterated crap.

Or they just get full body organ transpants every 50 years.

And drink as much as I do.

Rotted guts, sparkly teeth :D

I think we can fathom their drinks, we can see them in the shops but we can't afford them!

http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/590/draft_lens2277627module12499974photo_1226171582app leton30.jpg