PDA

View Full Version : Police helicopters out late at night..why??

kiwimaj
24-05-2009, 11:48 PM
I have noticed (AGAIN !!) police helicopters up above and always, around about this time of night (after 11.30pm)...anyone else notice this? And it can go on for HOURS... What u reckon they are up to, this time of night? Some people are trying to sleep..(well, have a peaceful time clattering on their keyboards...:D..)

I am in south east London, btw..

sam bless
24-05-2009, 11:53 PM
i've not noticed a thing.

i'm se15

whitenight639
24-05-2009, 11:59 PM
thats wierd there was a low flying pig helicopter over my house today, circling round the fields round my house, i was washing me car thought it was wierd.

luten2012
25-05-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and not assume there's a hidden agenda like I usually do..

I think they might be looking for criminals? Just a wild guess :D

Probably car thieves..

But to add something relevant it does concern me as to what technology they carry on board. I.E. infared vision seeing through walls and such...creepy stuff man

kiwimaj
25-05-2009, 12:06 AM
thats wierd there was a low flying pig helicopter over my house today, circling round the fields round my house, i was washing me car thought it was wierd.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_v27Y9ZGc7e0/R_Jrsus4LEI/AAAAAAAAAAs/0cncRczlyVs/s320/flying-pig-statistics.gif

:D

whitenight639
25-05-2009, 12:09 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_v27Y9ZGc7e0/R_Jrsus4LEI/AAAAAAAAAAs/0cncRczlyVs/s320/flying-pig-statistics.gif

:D haha thats what i saw /\

kiwimaj
25-05-2009, 12:10 AM
i've not noticed a thing.

i'm se15

I notice them always out, at around the same time, sometimes they are really load and ANNOYING...:mad:

I'm getting paranoid now, especially with that infrared technology and seeing thru walls....:eek:

cruise4
25-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Ring the Gypsies. They sorted it last time :D

kiwimaj
25-05-2009, 12:33 AM
ring the gypsies. They sorted it last time :d

Great idea...why didn't I think of that !!??......I'm on the dog now....!

void
25-05-2009, 12:35 AM
It seems pretty common. I remember it going as far back as the early 90s when I used to drive my car up to remote areas at night overlooking the county, and see and hear them about. It must cost them (correction : "us" as taxpayers) a bloody fortune to keep those in the air for hours though. Like luten2012 said, it's usually patrols that are looking for something specific. Like kiwimaj :D

kiwimaj
25-05-2009, 12:47 AM
It seems pretty common. I remember it going as far back as the early 90s when I used to drive my car up to remote areas at night overlooking the county, and see and hear them about. It must cost them (correction : "us" as taxpayers) a bloody fortune to keep those in the air for hours though. Like luten2012 said, it's usually patrols that are looking for something specific. Like kiwimaj :D

..I really hardly recall...ever...seeing them during the day where I am...sure, see them occasionally in other parts, but odd that they should be up there, around the same time of night, if they are looking for stolen cars (say) then why can't they do it during the daytime??

I must sound as thick as s**t with this, but I would LOVE to know what is really going on with this..:confused:...because...

..EVERYTHING is surely, a conspiracy...:eek:

macleodmunro
25-05-2009, 01:09 AM
They use the infra red to catch folk growing weed in their loft/attic.

The high powered light bulbs are a dead give away.

kiwimaj
25-05-2009, 01:23 AM
They use the infra red to catch folk growing weed in their loft/attic.

The high powered light bulbs are a dead give away.

..oh ! That sounds about right...

..weed is a natural product, grown naturally FFS...what right do "they" have to make it illegal to own/grow?? Same with hemp...grrrrrrr.....I wonder how many people actuallystop and question this?? If it is a completely natural plant, how can it be illegal?? A plant of mother earth that is made illegal .....laughable !!

:mad:

paradise_1000
25-05-2009, 02:51 AM
I think they might be looking for criminals? Just a wild guess :D

Probably car thieves..

;)

unusual_suspect
25-05-2009, 03:00 AM
Idk Kiwimaj, I reckon car theives and other criminal carrying on accounts for most helicopter activity, however, a few years ago, I noticed just how many helicopters are flying around everywhere, at all times and I do have to admit that it did fill me with a nagging sense of paranoia. What I found even more strange was how many people seem oblivious to this and why don't they question why so many helicopters are in the air and who has put them there :confused:

thelyran
25-05-2009, 03:03 AM

...hahahaa:D...we call that "Pigs in Space "around here.As the marijuana season comes to a close around here,as winter approaches,many turn to indoor growing now,also,the summer crops are heading,so this is the main reason it's happening locally here.Looking for heat signatures emanating from under the house or garages...they're not silly.

jonny78
25-05-2009, 03:08 AM
I live in a small city/town that doesn't even have a police helicopter though I'm sure they have their methods.

Funny you mention how people never notice the presence of helicopters...people never notice anything. My head is constantly on a swivel and I'm always checking out weird cloud patterns, chemtrails, etc and my friends and co-workers always wonder what the hell I'm looking at.

whitenight639
26-05-2009, 12:39 AM
found out why that chopper was flying low round here, missing 12yo boy from twn down the road- my mate helped the police find him apparently.

jp13
26-05-2009, 01:06 AM
I 've always wondered and think they probably do, but do you think they have guns on board the helicopters?
They can read a crisp packet from 2000 feet doncha know!

whitenight639
26-05-2009, 01:09 AM
I 've always wondered and think they probably do, but do you think they have guns on board the helicopters?
They can read a crisp packet from 2000 feet doncha know!

not yet, they probably have a bolt on gatlin gun thats stored for the right time :D

chokra
16-03-2010, 11:53 PM
Yes I too get those filthy inconsiderate pigs over my house almost every night. Sometimes 10.00pm, sometimes 01.00am.
They fly at low levels round and round in circles....Bloody annoying.
They're not paying for the fuel - YOU are!
They probably don't live in the area they wake up, so why should they care.
I'm sure they wouldn't fly over the commissioner's house during those sort of hours.....It'd be totally unacceptable.

Whenever those pigs fly over my house at night, I am tempted phone NSY on 02072301212 and grumble to the operator about it.
They just keep flying around and around and around at low level. At night commercial airlines STOP flying due to noise implications to residents.
Pigs don't give a shit about residents!

It's pointless making an official complaint about the police....Nothing ever happens. IPCC are only 'independent' to the public, not the police.
The DPS are the police. They only brush things over in the interests of police.
Tesco has a better complaints system! At least Tesco will apologise and admit when they are wrong.
Take the family of Ian Tomlinson for instance.
...Or what about the Stockwell killing?
Pigs get away with MURDER
Pigs maybe 'just doing their job' .....But they love it!!!!
We should name & shame these dirty pigs!
They wouldn't think twice about naming you whether you're guilty or innocent.

Sorry to go off topic - But (well as you can probably guess, my blood is boiling!):mad:

Metropolitan Police - NOT working together for a safer London

killuminatiist
16-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Cannabis I say, but I don't believe they can pick up any form of light, its has to be alot for example the whole of the upstairs or the whole house, or if the loft isn't insulated they will pick up heat signatures, otherwise every tom dick and harry growing would be caught, its a joke.