deca
18-02-2009, 07:36 PM
http://www.infowars.com/hidden-spy-camera-mic-found-inside-digital-tv-box/
Hidden Spy Camera & Mic Found Inside Digital TV Box

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Wednesday, February 18, 2009

featured-stories - Hidden Spy Camera & Mic Found Inside Digital TV Box

A popular video circulating on You Tube shows the discovery of a spy camera and a microphone hidden inside a digital TV converter box. Such devices are part of a government and industry surveillance program that is undoubtedly connected to the forced digital TV switchover being rolled out in the UK and US.

“I could not believe my eyes,” states the blurb accompanying the video clip, “I have a friend who is kind of a conspiracy theorist. He was trying to convince me that many of the digital TV convert boxes that are coming out have microphones and cameras built into them. Knowing a bit about electronics I bought one of these devices opened it up fully intending on proving him wrong. To my surprise he was right. This device has both a miniature camera lens and what looks like a microphone. I was so shocked I took pictures and video. Please send this out to everyone you know who is using one of these devices.”

The camera and microphone were hidden inside a MAGNAVOX TB110MW9 Digital to Analog Converter box. We are not suggesting that every digital cable box has a spy camera and microphone inside, so ripping open your cable box is not a good way to prove this one way or another - but the fact remains that companies like Google and Comcast have openly announced that they plan to use hidden cameras and microphones inside their products to spy on consumers.

Watch the clip below.

The need to mandate a mass roll out of such hidden surveillance devices is undoubtedly one of the reasons that governments in both the UK and the US, as well as eventually the entire planet, are overseeing a forced switchover to digital TV and killing traditional analogue broadcasts. The vast majority of TV’s require a digital decoder box to receive digital TV transmissions.

By installing covert spy devices and hidden microphones inside our all but mandatory digital boxes, the government and whatever corporate entities get a slice of the pie, have direct access to our living rooms. This is the ultimate Big Brother scenario whereby the majority of Americans and Europeans will have Orwellian telescreens watching their every move.

Many will dismiss such claims as conspiracy fodder, but the fact is that Americans have been spied on for decades, previously under the Echelon program and more recently as part of the Bush administration’s warrantless wiretapping program.

As former National Security Agency analyst Russell Tice recently revealed, “The National Security Agency had access to all Americans’ communications — faxes, phone calls, and their computer communications,” Tice claimed. “It didn’t matter whether you were in Kansas, in the middle of the country, and you never made foreign communications at all. They monitored all communications.”

* A d v e r t i s e m e n t
* efoods

As we highlighted three years ago, private industry and eventually government is planning to use microphones in the computers of an estimated 150 million-plus Internet active Americans, as well as similar devices installed inside digital TV boxes, to spy on their lifestyle choices and build psychological profiles which will be used for surveillance and minority report style invasive advertising and data mining.

Digital cable TV boxes, such as Scientific Atlanta, have had secret in-built microphones inside them since their inception in the late 1990’s and these originally dormant devices were planned to be activated when the invasive advertising revolution was being rolled out, a watershed that is quickly becoming a reality.

The advent of digital video recording devices such as TiVo (Sky Plus in the UK) introduced the creation of psychological algorithm profiles - databases on what programs you watched, how long you watched them for, and which adverts you liked or didn’t like. This information was retained by TiVo and sold to the highest bidders - an example being Janet Jackson’s wardrobe malfunction during the 2003 Super Bowl half-time show; TiVo were able to compile lists of how many people had rewound the clip and how many times they had replayed it.

In 2006, Google announced that they would use in-built computer microphones to listen in on user’s background noise, be it television, music or radio - and then direct advertising at them based on their preferences.

In March last year, Comcast announced that they were “experimenting with different camera technologies built into devices so it can know who’s in your living room.”

The cameras would use body-form recognition to confirm who was in the room and then tailor program recommendations, as well as commercials, to target that member of the family.

The video below covers the issue of secret cameras installed inside digital TV boxes and their relation to the forced digital switchover. A further video explores other motives behind the digital switchover.

Research related articles:

1. Camera, Microphone in Magnavox Digital Conversion Box
2. Apple files patent for camera hidden behind display
3. L.A. ministers asked to spread the word about digital TV
4. Do police have the right to confiscate your camera?
5. Local Surveillance to Plug Into Homeland Security Camera System
6. Britain makes camera that “sees” under clothes
7. DHS’ Customs Grabbing Digital Media
8. Spy Grid Part Of Consumer Technology
9. Shreveport Woman: Cops Beat Me When Camera Off
10. “Vigilante” Torches UK Speed Camera
11. New security camera can ’see’ through clothes
12. New security camera can ’see’ through clothes

I am the mad one...:rolleyes:

somethinganonymous
18-02-2009, 07:48 PM
the local police installed surveilance equipment in my home last summer, using a digital-tv-receiver-box. I have no problem accepting that boxes sold commercially are have surveilance equipment pre-installed, esp. in the US and UK.

steevo
18-02-2009, 08:03 PM
I have just opened mine up and there doesnt look to be a mic or a camera in there, but it is difficult to tell for sure because the size of the mic or camera can be extremely tiny nowadays.

ex sheep
18-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Shit, seriously, me and the wife had it off on the sofa on Sunday.
I would not like to think these bastards were watching me.

tomorrow the screwdriver is coming out and I am going to do some investigating

anahata
18-02-2009, 10:47 PM
I have just opened mine up and there doesnt look to be a mic or a camera in there, but it is difficult to tell for sure because the size of the mic or camera can be extremely tiny nowadays.

Fantastic committment but now you're going to have to get a new one :rolleyes: and you're going to have to open up that one too!!

edit on reflection I'd imagine you probably didn't open it with a sledge hammer.

steevo
18-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Fantastic committment but now you're going to have to get a new one :rolleyes: and you're going to have to open up that one too!!

edit on reflection I'd imagine you probably didn't open it with a sledge hammer.

Correct :)

bobhodge
18-02-2009, 11:34 PM
proven hoax. look on youtube.

Ian2day
18-02-2009, 11:36 PM
I found a hidden camera in a cable box in 2007. At the time due to this confirming that I had been subjected to monitoring I lost the plot and left my home. When I later returned and checked the box the camera had mysterialously been removed. It was planted not to gather info for advertising but to get my Intellectual Property. Google et al are a bunch of wankers in cahoots with the security services. If you have the same surname as anyone famous like an author etc. You are more than likely being secretly monitored by the thieves masquerading as the security services.

cleopatraxxx
19-02-2009, 12:31 AM
I found a hidden camera in a cable box in 2007. At the time due to this confirming that I had been subjected to monitoring I lost the plot and left my home. When I later returned and checked the box the camera had mysterialously been removed. It was planted not to gather info for advertising but to get my Intellectual Property. Google et al are a bunch of wankers in cahoots with the security services. If you have the same surname as anyone famous like an author etc. You are more than likely being secretly monitored by the thieves masquerading as the security services.

do your creations in a garage and take the battery out of your mobile too.
what else can one think of?

metacomet
19-02-2009, 12:36 AM

Alex is kind of a sucker sometimes *sigh*

I was 50/50 upon clicking this thread but I am positive somebody just wanted to get attention and used Alex as a method...

Hey Alex! Look at this! You were right, tell the world!

:rolleyes: He should have known they were playing him like a fiddle.

socrates
19-02-2009, 01:04 AM
So, this is just a joke? Well, bugger!

amethyst
19-02-2009, 03:50 AM
Comcast Cameras to start Watching You?

http://newteevee.com/2008/03/18/comcast-cameras-to-start-watching-you/

grachtengordel
19-02-2009, 08:24 AM

No, you look it up on youtube, then post the vids here, now , chop chop

deca
19-02-2009, 02:25 PM
what can you trust these days?

grachtengordel
19-02-2009, 03:11 PM
THE 'RED BUTTON'
I don't have TV or one of those boxes but I remember years ago when sky TV introduced the 'red' button, there was a BIG rollout of SKY tv , free installation, SKY vans everywhere, NOT skyplus, before that, back in late 1990's, when the ISDN lines were put in, sky gave everyone a new remote control with a RED bUTTON that you could 'vote' with on shows, i think it may have had some gambling facility, i never used it anyway.

'PHONE LINE'
but part of this was that we now had to have the skybox connected to the TELEPHONE line, with a splitter, and this was BEFORE mass rollout of 'broadband', it was part of the 'contract' with SKY and as they gave a free box and free installation at the time

SHOCKER!
at my mums house her phone connection was not near the TV, it was way off in another room so the SKY man had to fit a long cable to connect it to the TV. Now she hate dthis long, unsightly cable pinned to the wall, all the way down the hallway (you know how women can be about this type of thing) so she just unplugged it and took the offending cable
down.

BOMBACLAAT!
within 30 minutes the phone went, it was someone calling from SKY to say that the SKYBOX was not connected to the telephone line.
"yes, we unplugged it, we don't want to use the 'red button' facility"
"sorry sir , but it is one of the TERMS OF THE CONTRACT to have the skybox copnnected to the telephone landline"
"so what if we dont plug it in?"
"well I'm sorry sir , but I'm afraid we would have to terminate your sky connection"
"oh, I will plug it back in then"
ma had to live with the ugly cable

for this and many other reasons, I will not have a television set in my house

adzboarder
19-02-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm gonna open mine up later and if I find a camera in there I am going to make a teeny weeny little FUCK YOU notice to mount in front of it.

The mic will be muffled too.

This is pretty outrageous, I feel it is part of the totalitarian tiptoe to get surveillance in our homes.

adzboarder
19-02-2009, 06:03 PM
SHOCKER!
at my mums house her phone connection was not near the TV, it was way off in another room so the SKY man had to fit a long cable to connect it to the TV. Now she hate dthis long, unsightly cable pinned to the wall, all the way down the hallway (you know how women can be about this type of thing) so she just unplugged it and took the offending cable
down.

I had the same thing, decided NEVER to use the red button and unhooked the phone line. Sky didn't call me up though!? Nowadays my response if they did would have been, right, send an engineer round now to take all this crap away then.

grachtengordel
19-02-2009, 06:34 PM
I had the same thing, decided NEVER to use the red button and unhooked the phone line. Sky didn't call me up though!? Nowadays my response if they did would have been, right, send an engineer round now to take all this crap away then.

thats interesting. I am suprised that they called my ma really quick to say "plug it back in", you unplugged it and they didn't call up. maybe they are out to get me?. i would have got rid, but it wasn't my house. i was careful what i did in front of a TV after that, 'winston smith' style.

cookie_dude
19-02-2009, 07:31 PM
THE 'RED BUTTON'
I don't have TV or one of those boxes but I remember years ago when sky TV introduced the 'red' button, there was a BIG rollout of SKY tv , free installation, SKY vans everywhere, NOT skyplus, before that, back in late 1990's, when the ISDN lines were put in, sky gave everyone a new remote control with a RED bUTTON that you could 'vote' with on shows, i think it may have had some gambling facility, i never used it anyway.

'PHONE LINE'
but part of this was that we now had to have the skybox connected to the TELEPHONE line, with a splitter, and this was BEFORE mass rollout of 'broadband', it was part of the 'contract' with SKY and as they gave a free box and free installation at the time

SHOCKER!
down.

BOMBACLAAT!
within 30 minutes the phone went, it was someone calling from SKY to say that the SKYBOX was not connected to the telephone line.
"yes, we unplugged it, we don't want to use the 'red button' facility"
"sorry sir , but it is one of the TERMS OF THE CONTRACT to have the skybox copnnected to the telephone landline"
"so what if we dont plug it in?"
"well I'm sorry sir , but I'm afraid we would have to terminate your sky connection"
"oh, I will plug it back in then"
ma had to live with the ugly cable

I think the phone line thing stops you from being able to chip your box.
They send new codes down the line every day.

grachtengordel
19-02-2009, 07:41 PM
I think the phone line thing stops you from being able to chip your box.
They send new codes down the line every day.

that makes sense, but I dont really know how the system works . This was with satellite TV and not cable so that is why I diidn't get why they wanted it connected to the phone. I assumed that all info was updated to the CARD in the slot on the box, by satellite as that is how the channels were recieved.

beldazar
19-02-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm gonna open mine up later and if I find a camera in there I am going to make a teeny weeny little FUCK YOU notice to mount in front of it.
The mic will be muffled too.

This is pretty outrageous, I feel it is part of the totalitarian tiptoe to get surveillance in our homes.

Haha, thats really funny! :D

lizzy
19-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Comcast Cameras to start Watching You?

http://newteevee.com/2008/03/18/comcast-cameras-to-start-watching-you/

Hi amethyst;)......I have comcast phone, tv, pc......i had heard this was coming.......so I will prolly be going,lol.....where to? i don't think we can escape it even with satelite:mad:

look what some guy said in the comments section.....OMG.

"Before you start freaking out, hold on. They just wanna know who’s in your living room. That’s all. It’s for a really cool features, really."

baron von lotsov
19-02-2009, 08:14 PM

Finally sanity returns to the David Icke forum.

amethyst
19-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Hi amethyst;)......I have comcast phone, tv, pc......i had heard this was coming.......so I will prolly be going,lol.....where to? i don't think we can escape it even with satelite:mad:

look what some guy said in the comments section.....OMG.

"Before you start freaking out, hold on. They just wanna know who’s in your living room. That’s all. It’s for a really cool features, really."

Me too. I would get rid of the tv but hubby loves it.....sports, you know.
So when it's on, I just wave 'hi' at the screen.

Really tempted to put on a good show for them :D

amethyst
19-02-2009, 08:35 PM
I have noticed now that there are high-def tv's everywhere now....I've seen them in banks, malls, (tons of them in the malls!)

coco
19-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Cameras in Digital Convert Boxes! Original video is a hoax!!!!! - YouTube

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

No camera inside Zenith DTT901 Digital converter box - YouTube

amethyst
19-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Read the comcast article I posted. A comcast v. president himself said they are experimenting with recognition technology to watch their cable customers at home....and that article was from last year :eek:

coco
19-02-2009, 09:36 PM
^^

Now that is a very good article and I thank you for posting it. I am not surprised that the use of user recognition technology is moving toward a common reality. Where I used to work we clocked in by placing our hand on a 'platform' instead of using cards for example.

Such technology is supposed to make things customized and simple for the user I guess but a bit too invasive me. I like to operate the machine - punch the button, turn the dial. I drive a stick! I operate my vehicle. I crank the windows up and down.

I once borrowed a friend's new Cadillac against my will - he INSISTED I DRIVE IT TO THE CORNER STORE. He was quite proud of the car. Anyway, the thing had so many lights on the control panel that spanned half the the entire dash and a monitor and other stuff in it. I didn't even know how to turn the radio volume down! Didn't like it.

Maybe such things are good for people who are too busy and important to push buttons and turn dials and cook on a stove and in an oven and hand wash dishes and walk their own dogs. :confused:

grachtengordel
19-02-2009, 09:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwMaX3vuWls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlTd7snQCjk

how are these vids more credible than the one claiming the camera is there?

both are posted by accounts that have only one video. who are these people? do you know them?

the camera thing probably is a myth to distract from the horrible truth that 'they' have been able to see us through the TV set for years and that the 'digital' and 'hdtv' is really about beaming thier mind control directly into your brain, oops, sorry, they do that already when you watch TV.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-9005367754264973286

coco
19-02-2009, 10:47 PM
^^

You ask logical questions. I should have posted that I am not arguing the camera in the box thing as wrong, rather I am presenting the opposing view for balance.

I do not know the people who posted those videos, true. Do we know they guy who posted the video claiming surveillance components are present in his converter box? And, to be honest, I do not know how many videos that person has posted on the subject.

Not trolling, just posted the videos for balance on the subject that I am interested in enough to participate in.

There are at least two sides to everything. :)

Peace

grachtengordel
19-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Do we know they guy who posted the video claiming surveillance components are present in his converter box? And, to be honest, I do not know how many videos that person has posted on the subject.

he only has 2 videos, both about the camera, so he is just as suspicious, personally I think that he seems more 'probable' but the others seem more 'rational'. I think all the videos are fake and TV is already evil enough

Not trolling, just posted the videos for balance on the subject that I am interested in enough to participate in.

sure, I really don't know about either vids but I just wanted to exploit another chance to post a link to 'they live',

coco
19-02-2009, 11:31 PM
<<sure, I really don't know about either vids but I just wanted to exploit another chance to post a link to 'they live'>>

Lol! OK.

I don't watch that much TV myself. Just enough news to make me yell at the TV and the ocassional documentary. About ten years ago I just didn't watch TV. I worked an odd shift - very early. Got off work early in the day and there was nothing of interest on during that time frame. I went to bed very early also - between 6-7 pm. Y'know, I didn't miss TV.

Co workers would ask if I saw that show last night. Nope. After a couple of months of hearing about the shows that played the night before I started recording programs. I was let down. I enjoyed reading and doing house work and chatting with people online. Much like now!

adzboarder
20-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Opened up my shitty old Goodmans set top box and theres nothing suspicious.

It's about 4 or 5 years old so I am surprised its not actually clockwork in there...

Its funny though as I don't get BBC1, 2 or BBC news anymore for some reason, but hey that's kind of cool :cool:

amethyst
20-02-2009, 01:46 AM
Now, how do you open an LCD TV without damaging it?

icecoldmeltz
20-02-2009, 01:55 AM
Shit, seriously, me and the wife had it off on the sofa on Sunday.
I would not like to think these bastards were watching me.

tomorrow the screwdriver is coming out and I am going to do some investigating YOU DIRTY BASTARD... Was that full' bollocko.. Doggy style or what' you aint givin mutch away..:D

gu3rr1lla
20-02-2009, 02:20 AM
hoax: http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=a3b1e8250bc7fe4764dd837205034c 63&topic=87312.40

rixxmixxhell
20-02-2009, 03:46 AM
YOU DIRTY BASTARD... Was that full' bollocko.. Doggy style or what' you aint givin mutch away..:D

'Screw' drivers it seems lol, investigation.......:D:D

coco
20-02-2009, 03:23 PM
I do want to add something to the hoax side of the subject: In the video, the person pulled the front panel off revealing the camera and mic. Notice the remote control eye area of the front panel was either clear or had a hole allowing the remote control command to be received by the eye.

Where the alleged camera and mic were located in the box, the control panel was not clear or had a hole.

I question, how would the camera see through the front panel? How would the mic hear?

I'm not saying it can't be done. I am saying I don't know how it could be done with the particular arrangement shown in the video.

Can any tech savvy folks advise me?

grachtengordel
20-02-2009, 04:30 PM
I do want to add something to the hoax side of the subject: In the video, the person pulled the front panel off revealing the camera and mic. Notice the remote control eye area of the front panel was either clear or had a hole allowing the remote control command to be received by the eye.

Where the alleged camera and mic were located in the box, the control panel was not clear or had a hole.

I question, how would the camera see through the front panel? How would the mic hear?

I'm not saying it can't be done. I am saying I don't know how it could be done with the particular arrangement shown in the video.

Can any tech savvy folks advise me?

good points, that vid probably is a hoax, when i read about this 'camera in the box' stuff, which i think is very probable, regardless of if that one video is a hoax, i assumed that the 'camera' would have to be hidden in the same area as the 'infra red' reciever for the remote control, on older tv sets, this area would not be clear or require a clear 'hole' for the reciever to 'see' the signal from the remote, the 'remote control sensor' area would be 'hidden' under a dark, opaque reddish plastic, which would often 'flip down'; to expose tiny volume and channel buttons incase the remote kaput.

so i dont think the infra red remote control signal NEEDS a clear hole to 'see' thru, so the clear hole in the centre of the box is probably where the real camera is, the camera is behind the 'led' light

rixxmixxhell
20-02-2009, 04:57 PM
good points, that vid probably is a hoax, when i read about this 'camera in the box' stuff, which i think is very probable, regardless of if that one video is a hoax, i assumed that the 'camera' would have to be hidden in the same area as the 'infra red' reciever for the remote control, on older tv sets, this area would not be clear or require a clear 'hole' for the reciever to 'see' the signal from the remote, the 'remote control sensor' area would be 'hidden' under a dark, opaque reddish plastic, which would often 'flip down'; to expose tiny volume and channel buttons incase the remote kaput.

so i dont think the infra red remote control signal NEEDS a clear hole to 'see' thru, so the clear hole in the centre of the box is probably where the real camera is, the camera is behind the 'led' light

I too think it's very real for the possibility of Cameras etc.

If i was them, i would use this!!!!!!

Either way, it doesn't matter if the video is real or not - at least, it's sparked conversation on the subject.

Rick