PDA

View Full Version : Alan Watt Books

informationx
09-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Anyone purchased any Alan Watt books?

Are they any good, any recommendations please?

thanks.

heart2012
10-02-2009, 12:28 AM
If you're referring to the Alan Watt from an Alex Jones interview, I would say - sounds good. Check out some of his publications and buy whatever feels right.

informationx
10-02-2009, 07:05 PM
If you're referring to the Alan Watt from an Alex Jones interview, I would say - sounds good. Check out some of his publications and buy whatever feels right.

Yup seems a knowledgeable chap.

jim fear
10-02-2009, 11:05 PM
I've Got cutting though 1,2,3 I thought they were pretty interesting. But I don’t know how much of the work is actually his own, its been found that some of its been sourced from glen keely and watt did not given him any credit nor does he quote his all his sources.

Inside the book you’ll find photo copied sections from other books and pictures however the photocopied pictures are of very poor quality. The book itself is self-published so it’s basically A4 paper & ring binder. Book 1 is 64 as is book 2 and book 3 is 88 pages. It contains a lot of good information which I’ve not come across before but it tends to paint with rather board brush strokes and I’d prefer more explainations.

I don’t think he'll be about much longer though; I just have a feeling that he's on his way out. I've really gone off Watt lately, the way he dismisses every other researcher, and criticises other radio shows pacifically red ice without really saying why and the presenting speculation as absolute fact. Also if anyone challenges him he tends to get really defensive and it starts alarm bells ring for me and I just don’t really think hes a very nice guy basically.

lizzy
10-02-2009, 11:28 PM
I have cuttingthrough 1,2,3....and intend to purchase more of his work again soon....the guy is brilliant, genuine and honest.
But as jim fear said.....he might move on soon, so download his info and buy what you can.

TPTB have given him a hard time, disinfo's are always nippping at his heels.......he has given selflessly for years. His audios and transcripts span the whole agenda.

http://www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com/books.html

thirdwave
11-02-2009, 02:53 PM
I have cuttingthrough 1,2,3....and intend to purchase more of his work again soon....the guy is brilliant, genuine and honest.
But as jim fear said.....he might move on soon, so download his info and buy what you can.

TPTB have given him a hard time, disinfo's are always nippping at his heels.......he has given selflessly for years. His audios and transcripts span the whole agenda.

http://www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com/books.html

lol, funny you should bring up the word Disinfo...

So I take it his accusers are now disinfo agents... even though you were fully supporting them when they were "exposing" Tsarion...Maxwell, and who ever else?

:rolleyes:

mr_pixie
12-02-2009, 03:15 PM
I've listened to about half a dozen radio interviews with Alan Watt and found him a very knowledgeable person havent come across this his differcult side of his yet maybe one or two of the interveiws were edited? I take it then Thirdwave from this post and other's you dont like him them?

lizzy
12-02-2009, 04:30 PM
lol, funny you should bring up the word Disinfo...

So I take it his accusers are now disinfo agents... even though you were fully supporting them when they were "exposing" Tsarion...Maxwell, and who ever else?

:rolleyes:

I was'nt even thinking of anyone in particular on THIS forum wave.......but Andre(w)'s little band of Outlaws who recently attemped a rather poorly designed smear campaign against AW, that backfired , leaving them looking like keystone cop dumbies......the Outlaw forum is a psy-ops elite set up.......but as TPTB control all media, one has to wonder what forum is'nt ?????

hewrote
12-02-2009, 06:29 PM
TAO - The Watercourse Way

Audio programs are better!

Still The Mind and Alan Watts Teaches Meditation are DEFINITELY worth a listen.

twistedconcept
13-02-2009, 12:37 AM
I've Got cutting though 1,2,3 I thought they were pretty interesting. But I donít know how much of the work is actually his own, its been found that some of its been sourced from glen keely and watt did not given him any credit nor does he quote his all his sources.

Inside the book youíll find photo copied sections from other books and pictures however the photocopied pictures are of very poor quality. The book itself is self-published so itís basically A4 paper & ring binder. Book 1 is 64 as is book 2 and book 3 is 88 pages. It contains a lot of good information which Iíve not come across before but it tends to paint with rather board brush strokes and Iíd prefer more explainations.

I donít think he'll be about much longer though; I just have a feeling that he's on his way out. I've really gone off Watt lately, the way he dismisses every other researcher, and criticises other radio shows pacifically red ice without really saying why and the presenting speculation as absolute fact. Also if anyone challenges him he tends to get really defensive and it starts alarm bells ring for me and I just donít really think hes a very nice guy basically.

He's a loner. He doesn't seem to trust anybody, which means he's like me. He believes he could be autistic. As someone that suffers from Asperger's syndrome myself, I believe he shows a lot of the symptoms.

He retains information better than anybody I've ever come across. He's got a fantastic mind and understands philosophy brilliantly.

I don't really care what went on with Red Ice and others. I take the information I like and ignore the rest. What goes on between him and others is none of my business and doesn't really interest me.

twistedconcept
13-02-2009, 12:39 AM
I was'nt even thinking of anyone in particular on THIS forum wave.......but Andre(w)'s little band of Outlaws who recently attemped a rather poorly designed smear campaign against AW, that backfired , leaving them looking like keystone cop dumbies......the Outlaw forum is a psy-ops elite set up.......but as TPTB control all media, one has to wonder what forum is'nt ?????

I'm unsure about that forum. It could be an intelligence operation, but it's likely to be a bunch of kids, who've attempted to "debunk" every known researcher going. The vast majority of them are Christians and won't attack Alex Jones and Bill Cooper.

Andre is a pussy and nobody can have a reasonable debate with him.

lizzy
13-02-2009, 06:27 AM
^^^^......noted. Thanks twistedconcept:)

thirdwave
13-02-2009, 06:06 PM
I've listened to about half a dozen radio interviews with Alan Watt and found him a very knowledgeable person havent come across this his differcult side of his yet maybe one or two of the interveiws were edited? I take it then Thirdwave from this post and other's you dont like him them?

Not likeing him is the right word I guess... Its not that I deny he may present some interesting facts and info but its behvaiuour towards others I dont like.

He has acused Icke, Tsarion & Red Ice of being disinfo agents and all three I have researched his accusations and found out that he has either miss quoted books, made things up or simply not made sense... and while doing this causing all kinds of devision and arugments with people who are going through all this stuff...

Its a tricky movement as it is with out people throwing in more shit stirring.

apart from that I genuinely find him less interesting than other people, although I cant attacking him for this but I simply find him boring to listen to and to hold my concentration.

and lastly I dont like how he has taken the piss out of people for certain subjects he deems as comical... but has offered no other theories to justify his views.... and in fact has come out with complete rubbish while attempting to "expose" them...

Its not so much him that annoys me though.. its (not all of them) his followers... and how they try to make out unless you have been baptised by an AW talk you are still in ignorance.

Lizzy's last post is an example of how they can be... when somone has refered to people being found out and so on????

what on earth is she on about? ... she is free to disagree with the people who had a go at AW but she is making out some info has come out that has shown them to be some agents or somthing obviously hoping people will see her post and not look for them sevles, when its clear that his attackers allthough are also not really in my good books have most certainly not had there efforts "backfire" and the fact that on the same thread she has implied Watt might be on the way out as a result adds to the uncertainty of her post..... allthough they do tend to nit pick at people who do not promote Jesus, they did point out some of Watts flaws, simple as that.

Look up to a Guru and at some point your gona get shit in your eye.

I am not talking directly to her as I don't want to get into a yes he is...no he isnt...yes he is row, and then be called a Satanist.

But all that being said, there is no harm in an intelligent person checking his works out and taking in what interests them :) and at least its not Sky News!

fnulnu
03-03-2009, 06:35 AM
TAO - The Watercourse Way

Audio programs are better!

Still The Mind and Alan Watts Teaches Meditation are DEFINITELY worth a listen.

It's funny you should get mixed up between Alan Watts and Alan Watt.

This was precisely what made me wonder about Alan Watt when first I heard of him.Is "Alan Watt" his real name? Could he have be trying to kind of hijack Alan Watts' audience via typo?
If Alan Watt is his real name,why did he not adopt a pseudonym to avoid confusion with Alan Watts?

I do listen to Alan Watt and Watts lol.Those were just questions that immediately popped into mind when I first heard of Alan Watt.

None of us will ever know who any of these people really are,probably,so we may as well listen and relate what they say to the sum of our understanding. As long as they aren't making us feel like jumping out of a window,then it's all good.

limelady
03-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Just a reminder here to some of the members posting on this thread that The Researchers sub-forum is purely for posting information, links and recommendations about the various researchers - it is NOT for discussing/debating the credibility of researchers.

If you'd like to debate, then start a thread or add to one in the conspiratainment sub-forum.

Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines (http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44449) sticky for The Researchers Sub-forum.

Thankyou. :)

debs67gb
03-03-2009, 11:26 AM
nowt up with being a loner sometimes yer the only person you can trust :)