PDA

View Full Version : latest headline:USA in Marshall law

soopsje
29-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Bush Declares US In ‘State Of Emergency” Over Iranian Nuclear Fears

Russian Military Analysts are reporting today that the United States President has declared that his Nation is now in a ‘State of Emergency’, both militarily and economically, by his signing of an Executive Order, and which we can read in part as reported by the White House News Service:

"By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) (IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.) (NEA), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code,

I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, find that the current existence and risk of the proliferation of weapons-usable fissile material on the Korean Peninsula constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, and I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat."

kblood
29-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Hmmm, reminds me of a talk I had with some friends about how the stories in games often have truth in them. The game Crysis was focused on Korea, and a threat there involved high tech weaponry. Also aliens, but then technology so much out of the ordinary could easily be considered alien.

I wonder what could alarm the US so much? Is it raw material for nuclear weapons that have been found?

Anders Lindman
29-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Executive Order: Continuing Certain Restrictions with Respect to North Korea and North Korean Nationals

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) (IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.) (NEA), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code,

I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, find that the current existence and risk of the proliferation of weapons-usable fissile material on the Korean Peninsula constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, and I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat. I further find that, as we deal with that threat through multilateral diplomacy, it is necessary to continue certain restrictions with respect to North Korea that would otherwise be lifted pursuant to a forthcoming proclamation that will terminate the exercise of authorities under the Trading With the Enemy Act (50 U.S.C. App. 1 et seq.) (TWEA) with respect to North Korea.

Accordingly, I hereby order:

Section 1. Except to the extent provided in statutes or in regulations, orders, directives, or licenses that may be issued pursuant to this order, and notwithstanding any contract entered into or any license or permit granted prior to the date of this order, the following are blocked and may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in:

all property and interests in property of North Korea or a North Korean national that, pursuant to the President's authorities under the TWEA, the exercise of which has been continued in accordance with section 101(b) of Public Law 95-223 (91 Stat. 1625; 50 U.S.C. App. 5(b) note), were blocked as of June 16, 2000, and remained blocked immediately prior to the date of this order.

Sec. 2. Except to the extent provided in statutes or in regulations, orders, directives, or licenses that may be issued pursuant to this order, and notwithstanding any contract entered into or any license or permit granted prior to the date of this order, United States persons may not register a vessel in North Korea, obtain authorization for a vessel to fly the North Korean flag, or own, lease, operate, or insure any vessel flagged by North Korea.

Sec. 3. (a) Any transaction by a United States person or within the United States that evades or avoids, has the purpose of evading or avoiding, or attempts to violate any of the prohibitions set forth in this order is prohibited.

(b) Any conspiracy formed to violate any of the prohibitions set forth in this order is prohibited.

Sec. 4. For the purposes of this order:

(a) the term "person" means an individual or entity;

(b) the term "entity" means a partnership, association, trust, joint venture, corporation, group, subgroup, or other organization; and

(c) the term "United States person" means any United States citizen, permanent resident alien, entity organized under the laws of the United States or any jurisdiction within the United States (including foreign branches), or any person in the United States.

Sec. 5. The Secretary of the Treasury, after consultation with the Secretary of State, is hereby authorized to take such actions, including the promulgation of rules and regulations, and to employ all powers granted to the President by IEEPA as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this order. The Secretary of the Treasury may redelegate any of these functions to other officers and agencies of the United States Government consistent with applicable law. All agencies of the United States Government are hereby directed to take all appropriate measures within their authority to carry out the provisions of this order.

Sec. 6. The Secretary of the Treasury, after consultation with the Secretary of State, is hereby authorized to submit the recurring and final reports to the Congress on the national emergency declared in this order, consistent with section 401(c) of the NEA (50 U.S.C. 1641(c)) and section 204(c) of IEEPA (50 U.S.C. 1703(c)).

Sec. 7. This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, instrumentalities, or entities, its officers or employees, or any other person.

GEORGE W. BUSH

THE WHITE HOUSE,

June 26, 2008.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2008/06/20080626-4.html

niftygifter
29-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Already posted two days ago.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29417

Nifty:cool:

mynameis
29-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Bush has done this more than once in his terms in office. Just go to the White House dot gov site and read the statements here. So far nothing has come of them...whoever posted this is really doing a cry wolf.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/orders/

majicdragon
29-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Here's another wolf cry then: Now they don't have to wait till the attack they've planned in usa and canada. They can just attack, and then firm up their resolve to use the document.

They will attack oil refineries, and make it look like they also attacked Canada refinerie/s because Canada was with the states in some kind of military maneuver against ... a country....

Anders Lindman
29-06-2008, 04:58 PM
The executive order is strange, or is it the below news story that is stange?

"U.S. lifts sanctions on N. Korea

When North Korea handed over its declaration of nuclear activities to China on June 26, the United States lifted some of the sanctions on the country, including the removal of Pyongyang from its list of state sponsors terrorism. But the road to a complete lifting of U.S. sanctions against North Korea is going to be long, given that many of the sanctions placed on North Korea by the United States have been issued by other U.S. departments."

http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_northkorea/295920.html

According to this story the U.S. government has lifted sanctions on North Korea, not added new sanctions. :confused:

jvx19
29-06-2008, 05:18 PM
yes this quite confusing. I saw Bush stating N. Korea being removed from the list of state-sponsors of terrorists, and removal of sanctions after a 45 day review.

soopsje
29-06-2008, 06:10 PM
what is a cry wolf?

dangermouse
29-06-2008, 06:41 PM
The Boy Who Cried Wolf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

duckingdafta
29-06-2008, 06:48 PM
what is a cry wolf?

lol, you're kidding right?... or are you Brian out of the last Big Brother?
"Who's Shakespear?"

killmicrosoft
29-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Why do people have to resort to petty remarks
just because its been done before does not mean it does not mean anything
maybe the ones before are just to get you used to the state of emergancy as you have seen it before and nothing happened.
but does not mean that that will always be the case.

cry wolf????????
dont think so,i meen has this dude repoted on this before.

no i didnt think so so how can he be crying wolf??????

http://italy.usembassy.gov/viewer/article.asp?article=/file2008_06/alia/a8061307.htm

http://italy.usembassy.gov/viewer/article.asp?article=/file2008_06/alia/a8061102.htm

http://italy.usembassy.gov/viewer/article.asp?article=/file2008_06/alia/a8061104.htm

soopsje
29-06-2008, 08:15 PM
I am not a person from Big Brother, a programm I never watched, because it was too stupid.

Thanks for answering anyway.
I am not English and I really didn't know the expression.

Now I know, because I looked it up.

duckingdafta
29-06-2008, 08:19 PM
I am not a person from Big Brother, a program I never watched, because it was too stupid.

Thanks for answering anyway.
I am not English and I really didn't know the expression.

Now I know, because I looked it up.

Shame... he's a funny character and well likeable, it wouldn't have been a bad thing... being English has nothing to do with it, it hasn't stopped me being a fik get!.

paradox
29-06-2008, 08:35 PM
what is a cry wolf?

its when somebody go's around telling people something bad is going to happen and everybody panics and they find out its just a joke and hes only kidding. He does this again and again, that many times that when it really happens for REAL nobody believes him.

mynameis
30-06-2008, 01:02 AM
no i didnt think so so how can he be crying wolf??????]

The United States is not under Marshall Law.

i_am
30-06-2008, 02:00 AM
Looking beyond the obvious, could this be a ploy to impliment presidential Directive 51?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Directive_51

http://hubpages.com/hub/If-the-US-attacks-Iran---what-then

Directive 51 - YouTube

While No one was Looking, Bush Appoints Himself Dictator - YouTube

mynameis
30-06-2008, 02:54 AM
Looking beyond the obvious, could this be a ploy to impliment presidential Directive 51?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Directive_51

http://hubpages.com/hub/If-the-US-attacks-Iran---what-then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMs733gFg-I&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOIUYdO-0bY&NR=1

Without any major catastrophe from man made events linked to an attack in the domestic United States, I doubt that PDD 51 and the COG plan will be implemented.

i_am
30-06-2008, 03:08 AM
Without any major catastrophe from man made events linked to an attack in the domestic United States, I doubt that PDD 51 and the COG plan will be implemented.

It does not have to be man made and this covers a pretty broad spectrum of events, in fact almost anything they wished to apply it to.

In this directive

(b) “Catastrophic Emergency” means any incident , regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the US population, infrastructure, environment, economy or Government functions

mynameis
30-06-2008, 03:19 AM
It does not have to be man made and this covers a pretty broad spectrum of events, in fact almost anything they wished to apply it to.

As I said before, the GOP would have already implemented this ages ago; if the initial thread hadn't been erroneous we wouldn't be discussing the issue. Prove me wrong then. You realize that your broad spectrum of events has nothing to do with implementation. The topic I am discussing is the cry wolf of the thread title. What are you are discussing has not come to pass.

phonicboom
30-06-2008, 03:24 AM
bush does not care who is in line for the presidency because he aint giving it up.

mynameis
30-06-2008, 03:31 AM
bush does not care who is in line for the presidency because he aint giving it up.

I have the feeling that he will or there might be war. Most of the top Generals already hate Bush and the troops overseas are on the verge of mutiny.

i_am
30-06-2008, 03:34 AM
I can't prove you wrong, only time can do that one way or another.

I sincerely hope you are correct however I cannot help but believe this was slipped through with intent.

They would not have done anything about it immediately. That would have been way too obvious. Their little game has been going on for a long, long time. Patience is one thing they have plenty of.

Only time will tell :)

mynameis
30-06-2008, 03:41 AM
I can't prove you wrong, only time can do that one way or another.

I sincerely hope you are correct however I cannot help but believe this was slipped through with intent.

They would not have done anything about it immediately. That would have been way too obvious. Their little game has been going on for a long, long time. Patience is one thing they have plenty of.

Only time will tell :)

PDD 51 is about two years old now. We have a constitution not a Constitution. I hope I am right as well. I don't want to see war, but it will take Generals to defend the nation to restore the Constitution. I think Bush is a patsy or a dupe for what's coming down the road. I think this is one of the primary reasons Clinton is furious with Barack and the Donkey party, while the Neo-Confederates errmmm cons aren't much better.

i_am
30-06-2008, 04:04 AM
PDD 51 is about two years old now. We have a constitution not a Constitution. I hope I am right as well. I don't want to see war, but it will take Generals to defend the nation to restore the Constitution. I think Bush is a patsy or a dupe for what's coming down the road. I think this is one of the primary reasons Clinton is furious with Barack and the Donkey party, while the Neo-Confederates errmmm cons aren't much better.

It was May 10 2007, actually :)

And yep!! I really do hope you are right.

There is no question in my mind that bush is a patsy and merely a puppet.

Interesting times

majicdragon
30-06-2008, 04:30 AM
what is a cry wolf?

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

A shepherd-boy, who watched a flock of sheep near a village, brought out the villagers three or four times by crying out, "Wolf! Wolf!" and when his neighbors came to help him, laughed at them for their pains. The Wolf, however, did truly come at last. The Shepherd-boy, now really alarmed, shouted in an agony of terror: "Pray, do come and help me; the Wolf is killing the sheep"; but no one paid any heed to his cries, nor rendered any assistance. The Wolf, having no cause of fear, at his leisure lacerated or destroyed the whole flock.

Moral

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.

The story has nothing to do with you. You are not lying.

majicdragon
30-06-2008, 04:31 AM

a truth.

majicdragon
30-06-2008, 04:34 AM
It was May 10 2007, actually :)

And yep!! I really do hope you are right.

There is no question in my mind that bush is a patsy and merely a puppet.

Interesting times

I think that he helped plan 911. And he certainly helped execute it. And if he is a puppet, he is still a complicit puppet. He deserves no less to be beheaded than the rest of them.

i_am
30-06-2008, 04:44 AM
I think that he helped plan 911. And he certainly helped execute it. And if he is a puppet, he is still a complicit puppet. He deserves no less to be beheaded than the rest of them.

complicit, most assuredly!

Beheading? :eek:

Wouldn't that make us as bad as them?

empyblessing
30-06-2008, 04:50 AM
Bush canceling the election and not relinquishing his office would incite some kind of new civil war. They'd have little support for their move. Who would fight? Blackwater and a handful of loyal military men. They would be horribly outnumbered with little non-military support. They'd be killed. It's a suicide move. Maybe he's been programmed to do just. Maybe it involves the perpetually pending Iran War. Maybe it's all bullshit. I'm leaning toward bullshit.

majicdragon
30-06-2008, 04:59 AM
complicit, most assuredly!

Beheading? :eek:

Wouldn't that make us as bad as them?

No. And it will make millions of families around the world feel better, because they will be avenged. the one who murdered innocent blood for personal gain.(of course they all must be given a tribunal)

How long will the blood of the innocent have to cry out from the ground?

If we were as bad as them we would kill them all with no trial, by whatever dark way we pleased. And if we are as bad as them we will continue to let them

When pit-bulls kill children we put them down, no matter how fond we were of the dog's other traits. Because these pit-bulls are human, do we then let them kill more children?

For their crimes, they do deserve death.

The ones who make it happen will be always known as righteous.

majicdragon
30-06-2008, 05:21 AM
Also.... Do you let known serial killers run loose and even control your government?... well, the answer, so far, is yes, but should you?... just to afford them the right to life?

So, you do see what I mean... but how couldn't you? Infinite Love?

Your love for the innocent should far exceed your love for mass-murdering total-control freaks.

If you had 1000 monkeys, and all were good, but one went around frightening, controlling, and murdering the rest at will, what would you do with that bad monkey?

Kill him in front of all the other monkeys so that they know you love them, and they also see the consequences should one of them think of killing another.

If you were to protect every person, innocents and killers together, soon you would be left with only killers, as they would have your protection to continue their murders.

If you only put them away into an home for murderers, they will know that they can continue the slaughter and retire at the whim of the people... then to be replaced by the next murderer in line for the job.

These are the times that try the souls of men.

real6
30-06-2008, 02:09 PM
What is a 'Big Brother'?