PDA

View Full Version : Self Defence

the itinerant shrubber
22-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Seems to be an aspect of survival thats been overlooked so far unless I've missed something.
IMO I would recommend learning breakaway and restraining techniques. Breakaway is taught at most self defence classes. I'm taught breakaway and restraint as part of my job so I'm not sure where you could learn restraint which is always handy to know becouse then you know what to expect from your friendly local copper when they decide to lay the smackdown on you.

On actual real life fighting I cant recommend this blokes books and DVD's enough.http://www.geoffthompson.com/
Unlike others who go on about out dated karate techniques and fancy moves that you wont remember when you're confronted by knife weilding chavs,he goes into the physiology and psychology of attacks and how to pysche people out by utilizing your opponents adrenaline. He also gives you a hard core collection of moves to use like the good old fashioned left hook and how to condition yourself to adrenaline dumps.

They're a few good books on knife fighting and if on the rare occasion I'm in a town at night,I always carry a boot knife where it's easily accessible.
Of course carrying yourself with confidence and looking like you know how to handle yourself even if you dont is the best self defence technique.:D

the_count
23-06-2008, 08:11 PM
There are quite a lot of places teaching self defence for street situations of which Geoff Thompson is well known, its usually termed Reality Based Self Defence RBSD. I have done quite a bit over the years and it is very usefull in dealing with confrontational situations and avoidance of these situations in the first place, there is a lot to do will psychology, dealing with adrenalin etc
and of course self protection, lots of simple very VERY effective techniques.
I have also done quite a bit of Muay Thai which i would recommend but is more sport orientated but effective non the less.
I would advise anyone to take a look into some of these classes for self protection purposes and it can be good fun too :D

supertzar
24-06-2008, 04:31 PM
How about guns? That is kind of a big question. It might be necessary to have them to protect one's self and loved ones in case things get out of hand. On the other hand, maybe having guns attracts trouble.

the itinerant shrubber
25-06-2008, 06:42 PM
I dont know what kind of situation would be resolved with a gun. Brandishing a a fake gun will do the job assuming the perps themselves dont have guns and decide to call your bluff but as far as a one-on-one encounter is concerned,a machete coupled with a homicidal scream of rage would have just as much effect and if armed police or soldiers decide to swoop on you, a gun isnt going to do much good anyway and would just get you killed.

supertzar
25-06-2008, 10:00 PM
What if gangs invade your homestead to rape and pillage in a survivalist nightmare? How are you going to protect your family and your land? A machete won't do shit against guns, will it?

noobcybot
26-06-2008, 04:01 PM
If you want to learn a martial art that would be useful in a survivalist situation then I would say Kali/escrima is the way to go for the following reasons:

- You proably arent going to be fighting unarmed people, in which case most martial arts will not be very useful.
- The moves of Kali work the same for empty hand, knife, stick, and sword. Thus more efficent learning in a short time frame.
- Kali knife work can be VERY effective against pistols and guns in close quarters, Filipino special forces often use knife work in hostage situations etc.. against firearms because because they are very stealthy and can be deployed quickly, do not require loading and so on. This is demonstrated really well in an episode of Mind Body and Kickass Moves ( great show).
- Most martial arts even a lot of the RBSD is simply not brutal enough if you are going to be fighting soldiers.
- Kali is in my opinion the only MA that is used on a wide scale effectivly in the modern day world. Knowing this art is still a matter of life or death in parts of Asia.

For those of you who havent heard about Kali or Escrima much before it is an amalgamation (as far as we know) of Filipino sword and stick fighting techniques and Spanish fencing brought over when they colonised it. Right up until the 1980s oraganised deathmatches between escrimadors still took place, this is one of the reasons why it is one of the only traditional martial arts still respected by your mixed martial arts/ UFC crowd ( in their infinite wisdom). Most people associate/recognise it by the stick fighting it employs
( check out Dog Brothers on the google and see some quite hardcore modern day training ).
In case anyone is wondering I have been doing Kali/Escrima for two years now along with Mauy Thai and Brazialian Jiu Jitsu. Before that I did Judo and a bit of karate and did boxing for a fair while. I also did Keysi Fighting Method for anyone who has seen Batman Begins. I would say I lean towards kali nowadays because I arent really worried about a one on one fight (if such a thing still exists ) but more attacks with knifes and bats, multiple opponents and vicious/sneaky fighters.
I would say however the most important thing is to develop a warrior mindset so you can close down enemies and engage them. All humans have it in them to be vicious killers IMHO its just a case of getting over the fear that freezes and turning on the reptilian brain ( probably not the best terminology to use around here).

jp13
26-06-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm sure if I went out on the streets of London "brandishing" a machete, the police would have no hesitation in shooting me down like a dog. I use the phrase "brandishing a machete" as I first came across it when reading William Burroughs books and he says why do they always report someone with a machete as "brandishing a machete", Can't recall which book, but I like Burroughs, old school hero of mine.

noobcybot
26-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Hahah so true, why cant someone simply hold a machete with waving it around in a menacing fashion?
In Hull a while back the cops shot a kid to death after he drove up the wrong side of a motorway. He was mentally disturbed ( the farther tried to blame this on a joint of weed, rather than the fact his charity work in Africa gave him a lot of issues). First they said he had a shotgun, then two samurai swords and then finally a metal stick. The cops got let off at the inquest so you know, I dont think they will need the excuse to gat you when the time comes. Machete or not you might still be going down. I dont want to sound corny but you know....on your feet or on your knees...

the itinerant shrubber
26-06-2008, 07:58 PM
What if gangs invade your homestead to rape and pillage in a survivalist nightmare? How are you going to protect your family and your land? A machete won't do shit against guns, will it?

And your one gun isnt going to do shit against guns either.

supertzar
26-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Okay. :rolleyes:

diamondgeezer
06-07-2008, 05:37 AM
I dont know what kind of situation would be resolved with a gun.

The kind of situation where you shoot the other guy before he gets round to killing you.

disorder2k8
06-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Thats where you need to look ahead and not just get a handgun, but possibly an assault rifle or a heavy cal.

See if you can pick up an old WW2 mg50 and some wheelbarrows full of ammo then set up in your shed. ;)

lightworks
06-07-2008, 02:14 PM
The kind of situation where you shoot the other guy before he gets round to killing you.
why not just have a wank...no seriously....my readers wives is all sodden...with the halcyon days...when a mans right hand was just as good a comittment as was his word his bond....now then chaps you lookeee here and stand up straight while Im talking to you..and you there stop fiddling with your balls....I read a bit of geoff thompson....adrenal dumps are fucking crap it happens....but so is adrenal surge....helppp I got the shakes...gis a ciggie..I suggest the best way is to figure out a way to use the power of inner personal healing and resolve those issues within you that atrract that violence..but having said that and crappy new age all encompassing platitudes aside....I recommend reading "king of the gypsys" By his royal majesty Bartley James Gorman......I have experienced that all encommpassing big mouths posture many times before..and you want to get a good cracking bull hammer or jaw breaker/wobbler before the other cunt's finished his self-propogandising-spiel
I would like to say that I have learnt a little bit from reading geoff theompson...
talking to the ass-ailing so that thier brain is frozen in mid-shite appeal...
.and just give a good bang em out..and also if your good enough talk them down from red flag mode and give them the gentlemans way out with thier tail stuck up thier arse....cameras might be evrywhere..evidence in a court of law...so you do need to insticnly aware of what you are doing and how you react....think think think...and remember people are programmed by crimewatch UK to be do goody two shoes ass in the air witnesses..."yes sir he did this and I saw himdo...he started it I swear"...its not enough to go willy nilly punching peoples lights out....one should be aware of ones battle environment...did you do your split second recon?. I fucking hope sp..do you want a five years in the nick for one intense moment of adrenal glory...No I fucking well think not..So in self defense the key thing when your adrenalin is rushing to your head and all the glordy lordy glory days is just round the corner...take a big fucking deep breath...clam yourself....and.....consider the terrible aftermath...and how absolutely shitty police station....prison food is....truly fucking diabolical....I wouldnt know for what use I would have for guns etc....wouldnt mind an xbox though...cant get nicked for deftly proceeding to the next level.....I would severely question myself as to how I suffered from the lack of instinctual awareness in order to attract shitey-arse with the sawn off or sharpened tesco bread knife in the first place.....if what david icke and that bloke who wrote holgraphic universe is true then,I do know to my personal non freemasonic self indeed that we create our worlds with our thoughts and our programmed or non-programmed five sense or extra sharpened sense of reality.....I'm a musician and I belive in guradian spirits and perceiving protective enrgy around the aura......so I repel would be invaders.....I have some very powerful angels around me....I balk at the idea of having to defend myself against the cocksuckers in black and white fancy dress....because isn't it absolutely clear that the more we embrace and acknowledge personal soul freedom within ourselves then these reptiles and thier servants just cease to be powerful?....now if we go on believeing that a very tiny handful of peadophiles and closet satanic practitioners etc have that much power..then lets march right up to the safeways microchip....but what it truly actually is ..as Mr David icke himself so aptly points out....is that we need to switch off the idiot box.....and let us begin by saying that aleister crowley was just a weak soul as is himself and albert pike...it is just the degree to which the masses can be held in the spellbind of media brainwashing that needs to be undone....So let us not collectively feed into these very stupid and childish ideas of a police superstate...because all we have to do is collectively say no the bully boys and yes to collective growth and awareness...I have been observing the behaviour of police and police community support officers...and others in uniforms.....i see that first and foremost they will always encroach your personal body space....your body computer's natural response is to into "fight or flight mode".....and like or not but they do....you feel threatened and naturally you instinctually move away......the bodys natural response to recreate a dimishing personal space and thereby prepare itself in readiness for the attack.....then in turn the police or uniformed others present close your body space again....your adrenal response is heightened and you flinch....and at the start of the stop and search procedure or being asked "excuse me I'm a police office can I just have a word with you"..you will usually find that one or more police will casually place a grip on youtr upper arm or forearm.....also they will place one foot between yours....so the body is already in heightened adrenal fight or flight procedure ...and you feel nervous and alarmed as any normal human being would be...and the police or people in uniform .....tighten thier hand grips....telling you to calm down.....but by now your feeling hyper tense and increasingly alarmed as you naturally should be.....they know this.....and use it to your detriment...and if according to them they are lucky and you are most definitely not...youl be in a asplit second in some horrific retsraining position ...."well sarge he was resisting arrest".......and carted off screaming your innocence to the local nick......and er detention camp....so in order to defend ourselves and our personal body space....we need to understand the state of minds and the fully warped and deeply entrenched reasoning processes in the minds of these insane people......and from start to finish its always an i9ncreaingly vicous circle with these people in uniform....
1 . because they are suffering from deep and multi generational mental and emotional programming
2.because they are stuck in what Mr icke calls the left brain process....
so they are not fucntioning from indiviudal conciousness,as a matter of fact

the itinerant shrubber
09-07-2008, 05:29 PM
why not just have a wank...no seriously....my readers wives is all sodden...with the halcyon days...when a mans right hand was just as good a comittment as was his word his bond....now then chaps you lookeee here and stand up straight while Im talking to you..and you there stop fiddling with your balls....I read a bit of geoff thompson....adrenal dumps are fucking crap it happens....but so is adrenal surge....helppp I got the shakes...gis a ciggie..I suggest the best way is to figure out a way to use the power of inner personal healing and resolve those issues within you that atrract that violence..but having said that and crappy new age all encompassing platitudes aside....I recommend reading "king of the gypsys" By his royal majesty Bartley James Gorman......I have experienced that all encommpassing big mouths posture many times before..and you want to get a good cracking bull hammer or jaw breaker/wobbler before the other cunt's finished his self-propogandising-spiel
I would like to say that I have learnt a little bit from reading geoff theompson...
talking to the ass-ailing so that thier brain is frozen in mid-shite appeal...
.and just give a good bang em out..and also if your good enough talk them down from red flag mode and give them the gentlemans way out with thier tail stuck up thier arse....cameras might be evrywhere..evidence in a court of law...so you do need to insticnly aware of what you are doing and how you react....think think think...and remember people are programmed by crimewatch UK to be do goody two shoes ass in the air witnesses..."yes sir he did this and I saw himdo...he started it I swear"...its not enough to go willy nilly punching peoples lights out....one should be aware of ones battle environment...did you do your split second recon?. I fucking hope sp..do you want a five years in the nick for one intense moment of adrenal glory...No I fucking well think not..So in self defense the key thing when your adrenalin is rushing to your head and all the glordy lordy glory days is just round the corner...take a big fucking deep breath...clam yourself....and.....consider the terrible aftermath...and how absolutely shitty police station....prison food is....truly fucking diabolical....I wouldnt know for what use I would have for guns etc....wouldnt mind an xbox though...cant get nicked for deftly proceeding to the next level.....I would severely question myself as to how I suffered from the lack of instinctual awareness in order to attract shitey-arse with the sawn off or sharpened tesco bread knife in the first place.....if what david icke and that bloke who wrote holgraphic universe is true then,I do know to my personal non freemasonic self indeed that we create our worlds with our thoughts and our programmed or non-programmed five sense or extra sharpened sense of reality.....I'm a musician and I belive in guradian spirits and perceiving protective enrgy around the aura......so I repel would be invaders.....I have some very powerful angels around me....I balk at the idea of having to defend myself against the cocksuckers in black and white fancy dress....because isn't it absolutely clear that the more we embrace and acknowledge personal soul freedom within ourselves then these reptiles and thier servants just cease to be powerful?....now if we go on believeing that a very tiny handful of peadophiles and closet satanic practitioners etc have that much power..then lets march right up to the safeways microchip....but what it truly actually is ..as Mr David icke himself so aptly points out....is that we need to switch off the idiot box.....and let us begin by saying that aleister crowley was just a weak soul as is himself and albert pike...it is just the degree to which the masses can be held in the spellbind of media brainwashing that needs to be undone....So let us not collectively feed into these very stupid and childish ideas of a police superstate...because all we have to do is collectively say no the bully boys and yes to collective growth and awareness...I have been observing the behaviour of police and police community support officers...and others in uniforms.....i see that first and foremost they will always encroach your personal body space....your body computer's natural response is to into "fight or flight mode".....and like or not but they do....you feel threatened and naturally you instinctually move away......the bodys natural response to recreate a dimishing personal space and thereby prepare itself in readiness for the attack.....then in turn the police or uniformed others present close your body space again....your adrenal response is heightened and you flinch....and at the start of the stop and search procedure or being asked "excuse me I'm a police office can I just have a word with you"..you will usually find that one or more police will casually place a grip on youtr upper arm or forearm.....also they will place one foot between yours....so the body is already in heightened adrenal fight or flight procedure ...and you feel nervous and alarmed as any normal human being would be...and the police or people in uniform .....tighten thier hand grips....telling you to calm down.....but by now your feeling hyper tense and increasingly alarmed as you naturally should be.....they know this.....and use it to your detriment...and if according to them they are lucky and you are most definitely not...youl be in a asplit second in some horrific retsraining position ...."well sarge he was resisting arrest".......and carted off screaming your innocence to the local nick......and er detention camp....so in order to defend ourselves and our personal body space....we need to understand the state of minds and the fully warped and deeply entrenched reasoning processes in the minds of these insane people......and from start to finish its always an i9ncreaingly vicous circle with these people in uniform....
1 . because they are suffering from deep and multi generational mental and emotional programming
2.because they are stuck in what Mr icke calls the left brain process....
so they are not fucntioning from indiviudal conciousness,as a matter of fact

Paragraphs?:(

lightworks
12-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Paragraphs?:(

LMAO ...CHEERS MATE ....SPELLING?:D:p

lightworks
12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
By far the hardest of all the 4 martial arts I've studied, bujinkan is the hardest. Allow me to explain....

My instructor said someone throws a punch at you, what do you do..??

due to previous martial arts study I simply said block....he said why block, they will punch again.....

I said well what then....

He said break their arm, then then can't punch, arm is useless.....best form of defence is attack.

Bujinkan is the best of all 9 schools of martial arts and the only one not allowed in the UFC.
use the infinite power of your mind
for this is
greater
forget not
these ways of defending the self
but recognise
that the waves exist
not
without
the moon

zero1
14-07-2008, 12:16 AM
By far the hardest of all the 4 martial arts I've studied, bujinkan is the hardest. Allow me to explain....

My instructor said someone throws a punch at you, what do you do..??

due to previous martial arts study I simply said block....he said why block, they will punch again.....

I said well what then....

He said break their arm, then then can't punch, arm is useless.....best form of defence is attack.

Bujinkan is the best of all 9 schools of martial arts and the only one not allowed in the UFC.

Bunjinkan, Master Hatsumi's Ninjutsu, is very effective; but the approach you describe is limited, and could cause legal problems in a real situation.

You cannot go about breaking people's arms, no matter the danger; so it would be wise to learn to disarm and neutralize opponents without causing serious injury. Ninjutsu teaches this too (usually), also Aikido and Jiu-jitsu etc.

Correction about the UFC, Bunjinkan is a non-competitive martial art with very limited sporting application, and besides which I don't think Master Hatsumi approves of MMA. So it's not that the UFC doesn't allow it, it's that the fighters don't participate in the sport. Which is fine...

the itinerant shrubber
14-07-2008, 11:21 AM
LMAO ...CHEERS MATE ....SPELLING?:D:p

Your spelling's fine.Just write the whole thing out again using proper punctuation and structure and have it on my desk by wednesday.

curly
14-07-2008, 09:55 PM
shrubbersshedofshite? looks interesting will investigate tomorrow:)

shane
15-07-2008, 07:42 PM
It's good to know a few self defence techniques, god knows the way things are going, they could come in handy against PCSO's and Civil Enforcement Officers!

Proper coppers would be harder to defend against though, what with tasers and everything, although if you could get one them bad boys off PC Plod you could have some fun with it...

eefoxytype_esq
19-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Your spelling's fine.Just write the whole thing out again using proper punctuation and structure and have it on my desk by wednesday.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

chris
19-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Tiger style is fucking leathal if you've got a good teacher. If not the best martial art would be to train down a local MMA gym.

void
09-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah I'd recommend Geoff Thompson too. The mental side of it is a huge factor when confronted by a 'serious' situation, and if adrenaline bottles you out then you've had it no matter how many techniques learned over the years. I read his books in the 1990s and it seems it saved me when I was in Honduras years later. I was attacked by a knife wielding man trying to rob me. After an initial grapple,summoning up the pure aggression to make it clear I was now in this with a "How far are you willing to go, buddy?" attitude was enough to psyche him out and make him run off (while still holding the knife).

Without being taught to summon up that kind of animalistic salivating fury, I would likely not have won that one, and would not have understood the 'Adrenaline Dump' that Geoff prepares you for in his books. When somebody is stabbing and slashing at you (as he did) with a knife the size of a meat knife then the adrenaline dump is astounding. Your whole world goes into tunnel mode and your legs become cement. Mind can hardly operate at all. That's why simplicity is key, I'd say. Simple and direct things. Poke somebody in the eyes and no matter how good or strong they are, they are temporarily screwed and the opportunity can be used to run like hell or incapacitate them more in order to get away from the situation as fast as possible. Of course, if you're surrounded by 5 men then you're screwed unless you can run faaaast.

Being a small fella, I can't get into grappling situations with people the size that they generally are in my country. I would lose, badly if I tried. So I would have to use the most nasty but simple techniques to get them to let go. Naturally big guys can afford to get into prolonged things because their sheer physical strength will usually see them through. I don't have that luxury. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to bite your ears or your nose off :D

the itinerant shrubber
10-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah I'd recommend Geoff Thompson too. The mental side of it is a huge factor when confronted by a 'serious' situation, and if adrenaline bottles you out then you've had it no matter how many techniques learned over the years. I read his books in the 1990s and it seems it saved me when I was in Honduras years later. I was attacked by a knife wielding man trying to rob me. After an initial grapple,summoning up the pure aggression to make it clear I was now in this with a "How far are you willing to go, buddy?" attitude was enough to psyche him out and make him run off (while still holding the knife).

Without being taught to summon up that kind of animalistic salivating fury, I would likely not have won that one, and would not have understood the 'Adrenaline Dump' that Geoff prepares you for in his books. When somebody is stabbing and slashing at you (as he did) with a knife the size of a meat knife then the adrenaline dump is astounding. Your whole world goes into tunnel mode and your legs become cement. Mind can hardly operate at all. That's why simplicity is key, I'd say. Simple and direct things. Poke somebody in the eyes and no matter how good or strong they are, they are temporarily screwed and the opportunity can be used to run like hell or incapacitate them more in order to get away from the situation as fast as possible. Of course, if you're surrounded by 5 men then you're screwed unless you can run faaaast.

Being a small fella, I can't get into grappling situations with people the size that they generally are in my country. I would lose, badly if I tried. So I would have to use the most nasty but simple techniques to get them to let go. Naturally big guys can afford to get into prolonged things because their sheer physical strength will usually see them through. I don't have that luxury. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to bite your ears or your nose off :D

"If you take another step,I'm going to cut your fucking face off." Is always a good psyche-out line. Unlike "I'm gonna cut your balls off". It sounds actually plausible and everyone has a very real horror of having their face lacerated.:D

lightworks
10-08-2008, 07:38 PM
going down the strip club first sorry sir..youll have to get some home grown

samson
16-08-2008, 01:59 PM
First thing that comes to mind is Systema - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Which besides a strong martial aspect also has a well
developed spiritual side to it. It's relatively easy to learn and very effective.

On a sidenote, I believe that the reason why Systema has only surfaced so very recently, after the fall of the USSR, was to keep it unspoiled; no belt system or games, and as such has been kept pure as a martial art that was tested in real life combat by the Russian Special Forces, and still actually is, on its effectiveness in battle. I like to think this is so as to provide those interested in self-defense have now the option to learn in a very short time frame how to do so via Systema.

It stands to reason that if the shit really will hit the fan big time and the powers that be want survivors then those same powers would provide a martial art that is easy to learn and highly effective for all and at the same time pays attention to the development of the spiritual side of man. Systema clearly meets those criteria.

homebrew1973
21-08-2008, 05:07 PM
For protecting your property (and yourself in said property) get a powerful crossbow and stuff what those liberals who say only the likes of burglars have rights (they fucking don`t) but use it to wound and not kill. I`ve got one and would certainly use it for that, either that or clobber them with my sodastream gas cylinder :rolleyes:

deathcultreject
21-08-2008, 07:32 PM
First thing that comes to mind is Systema (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systema). Which besides a strong martial aspect also has a well
developed spiritual side to it. It's relatively easy to learn and very effective.

On a sidenote, I believe that the reason why Systema has only surfaced so very recently, after the fall of the USSR, was to keep it unspoiled; no belt system or games, and as such has been kept pure as a martial art that was tested in real life combat by the Russian Special Forces, and still actually is, on its effectiveness in battle. I like to think this is so as to provide those interested in self-defense have now the option to learn in a very short time frame how to do so via Systema.

It stands to reason that if the shit really will hit the fan big time and the powers that be want survivors then those same powers would provide a martial art that is easy to learn and highly effective for all and at the same time pays attention to the development of the spiritual side of man. Systema clearly meets those criteria.

The important thing with systema is to train as close to it's roots as you can.

I worked up a credit card debt going to seminars with Vladimir Vasiliev and Michael Ryabko, but I don't regret it.

Those guys have toned it down for civilians to get involved.

If you're going to try systema Kadochnikov, then make sure you've got good good lines of cummunication about what the training's going to involve. That area can get a lot closer to the short sharp shock of intensive training in the Russian military.

It's severe, but it's *very* impressive.

deathcultreject
21-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Seems to be an aspect of survival thats been overlooked so far unless I've missed something.
IMO I would recommend learning breakaway and restraining techniques. Breakaway is taught at most self defence classes. I'm taught breakaway and restraint as part of my job so I'm not sure where you could learn restraint which is always handy to know becouse then you know what to expect from your friendly local copper when they decide to lay the smackdown on you.

Personaly I think people should have a range of responses to a threat.

Armlocks / restraining techniques can break joints if you're dealing with someone with malnutrition, and that can mean you've condemned them to a slow death if there's no aid on the way, and the survival situation is extreme.

Flexability is the way forwards. Sometimes it's more compassionate (and less humiliating) to stun with strikes.

zero1
28-08-2008, 11:55 PM
I don't condone breaking peoples arms, nor would I, though if in threat and needed I would use whatever I could to spare myself and others.

One thing that does interest me is a recent photo of Hatsumi in regalia reminiscent of the royal house hold, over the centuries this linage of arts has evaded the tentacles of the elite, I am hopeful it wasn't infiltrated, after all senseis sensei was sensei number 33 and the first to be grand master of all 9 schools.....

It is also written in the new rules of membership that those individuals to e perceived of unsound mind would be ejected from the dojo, I wonder what would b perceived unsound, and best of all who decides??

I hope that this truly beautiful defense system continues throughout the ages, and keeps the philosophy that sets it apart from the others.

I had heard that du to the severity of some o the techniques that it was officially not allowed in competitive tournaments however, I stand corrected I just researched what you said. Ty Ty.:p

Master Hatsumi has an Apostolic Blessing from the Vatican, amongst other high honours - and Ninja lineages are almost inextricably linked to Asian secret societies.

He's elite, in many ways so. :)

But an interesting character and a great martial artist, nonetheless.

BTW, thank you for the Friend invite; I have gratefully accepted - I always enjoy your posts. :cool:

nirvana
10-09-2008, 05:52 PM
http://selfprotection.lightbb.com/

This is the best forum for self defence I have ever been on .

Peace:)

tfx08
11-09-2008, 12:31 AM
In a life or death situation, I most likely will be carrying around one of these...

https://www.kabar.com/product_detail.jsp?productNumber=1218&mode=search&categoryId=1,2,3,7&categoryName=Product%20Search%20Results

tracker
19-09-2008, 03:55 PM
self defence , is often missed when concerning survival .

to me

it is a must know how .