PDA

View Full Version : Chris Spivey

babs123
26-10-2013, 10:50 AM
I apologise if this subject has been posted before but I did a search and can't find anything.

Chris Spivey's site is in serious trouble as it is being hacked. He is looking for some expert technical help, surely there is somebody out there able to help him?

How do all the other sites that speak the truth and whistle blow stay online?

He has also been contacted by the police:

"If that isn’t enough to make me go bald when I have enough on my plate already, I now have the Detective Chief Inspector from Essex Police writing to me, requesting the pleasure of my company to “discuss the contents of my website”.

The letter carry’s a threat of alternative action should I not meet him and comply.
The fact that I get approached by a DCI requesting a meeting as opposed to being dragged down the cop shop by a couple of bods in uniform speaks volumes and to me suggests that the police are unsure of their territory.

In fact, I know they are by the very fact that a couple of bods in uniform haven’t kicked my door in and dragged my arse down to the station.

Moreover the absence of any quoted laws in the letter re-enforces my belief."

http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/site-update/

tildatod
26-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Surely we have techies on this site who can help him? Can his site be mirrored? :(:(

http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/site-update/

Hi All,

Here is the situation,

I am told that if I do not upgrade again for the THIRD time this month, I will be offline by close of play tonight.

I have also had many people offer to cover or offer to willingly contribute towards the £150 per month package that I’m told is needed to keep me going.

Never the less, whilst that is extremely generous, I dont see why people should have to pay for something that even I, as a computer savy retard can see shouldn’t have to be paid.

Let me explain.

This month, visits to this site are going to be somewhere around the 400,000 mark.

To keep the site online to accommodate that figure I have had to upgrade TWICE this month already, taking me from 350 gb per month to first; 750 gb per month and then, 1000 gb per month – which I am now told will still not be enough to keep me on-line till the end of the month.

That means the site will be inaccessible until November the 1st when the monthly gb allowance is again set to nought, as it is every month… Unless of course, I agree to paying the £150 per month package.

Now, compare this months projected viewing figure to April, May and June of this year where for those 3 months running I had more visits each month than I will have this month – the highest (April) was over 507,000.

Yet those 3 months were all managed on a 350 gb allowance with no threats of going over that limit.

And as such, you don’t need to be a tech wizard to work out that the problem isn’t the amount of visits that the site attracts.

Therefore, there has to be another problem.

So far this month I have thrown £600 at the problem to keep the site on-line and I am not prepared to throw any more at it especially not to the tune of £150 per month or £1800 per year when it shouldn’t be necessary to do so… Regardless of whether that money is mine or yours.

I haven’t a fucking clue what the problem is and without wishing to be unkind to Gary – the site looks the bollocks – neither has he.

Therefore, I have to have the right people around me to keep this site going.

I am under enormous pressure as it is and I cannot afford to be getting bogged down with the technical side of things of which I have no understanding what so ever.

By enormous pressure, I mean that it is blatantly obvious that I now have the full attention of TPTB.

Course, that has always been my full intention ever since it became apparent to me that people were taking notice of what I write, but in order to take the cunts on, I need people who are on top of their game covering me.

And that means a tech wizard who can FIX the problems, as opposed to DEFLECT the problems by me throwing money around.

If I havent got the right people covering my back, then I see no point in carrying on with the site because they will crush me as easy as they would swat a fly.

It is obvious that the problem with the gb is coming from a very sophisticated, government generated attack – most likely a “denial of service”.

Never the less whatever the attack is, it needs fixing not thwarting with short term expensive defensive measures.

TPTB are also using the tactic of threatening 123-reg (I think they are my service provider but I cant be sure) with legal action because of my articles content.

This means that in turn, 123-reg blackmail me with the order to remove the articles or they will remove me meaning that the site is again off-line if I don’t comply.

Clearly that is unacceptable and I need someone to sort me out a host – or whatever 123-reg are – who are not going to blackmail me.

Once again, I see no point in spending hour upon hours writing articles that are not going to see the light of day.

I mean, I am happy for them to drag me into court, but they wont do that, and in fact they have no need when they can bog me down with technical and host problems.

If that isn’t enough to make me go bald when I have enough on my plate already, I now have the Detective Chief Inspector from Essex Police writing to me, requesting the pleasure of my company to “discuss the contents of my website”.

The letter carry’s a threat of alternative action should I not meet him and comply.
The fact that I get approached by a DCI requesting a meeting as opposed to being dragged down the cop shop by a couple of bods in uniform speaks volumes and to me suggests that the police are unsure of their territory.

In fact, I know they are by the very fact that a couple of bods in uniform haven’t kicked my door in and dragged my arse down to the station.

Moreover the absence of any quoted laws in the letter re-enforces my belief.

Any attempt to remove content from my website will be opposed by myself, but if they are able to do it without dragging my arse into court or they are able to do it by taking me offline via attack then to be frank, I see no point in spending countless hours writing articles in the first place.

I do have a fella with legal training looking at this matter but it could well be a case that I need someone with vastly more experience to help me as the pressure is cranked up.

But one problem at a time for now.

I cannot attack a huge, extremely powerful machine if I do not have solid back up.

Neither do I see the point in putting myself in grave danger if I do not have a solid safe haven to fall back on.

Now, I appreciate that people mean well, but there is no point in contacting me to suggest that I try this and that to fix the problem.

I need someone who can fix the problem to tell me to fuck off out of the way and get on with the writing while they go about the job of ensuring the site continues.

Fuck me, once the immediate problems are sorted the tech side runs itself anyway, so I am not asking for a major commitment here. Moreover, anyone who does throw his/her hat in with me is not in any real danger.

It is only me and my family who shoulder that burden.

After all, it would be pointless bumping off someone who can in theory be instantly replaced.

Therefore, if no tech support is forthcoming before this site goes offline, I’m afraid it will stay that way, and I will go back to tattooing and content myself with sending articles written at my leisure to other sites for them to publish, should they deem fit.

With this being the case, I see no point either in updating this site further until the right tech support is on hand.

Chris.

babs123
26-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Here is the situation,

I need a tech wizard, and very quickly.

Despite running with no problems bar 3 attacks for the past 2 and a half years on 350 gb a month it now seems that after upgrading twice to 1000 GB per month it is still not enough and I am told I need to go to unlimited for £150 per month… Something I am not prepared to do, being as I have had a lot more traffic in the past and never gone over the 350 gb.

If this problem isn’t sorted out quickly the site will be offline and fuck it, I have enough on my plate as it is without having to deal with shit like this.

I am getting bogged down with tech probs and it is getting on my tits.

I have already spent £600 on the site problems and I am not going to spend any more.

I am looking for one person who knows what he is doing and who I can rely on 100 percent to do what I ask and not put obstacles in my way.

http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/tech-guy-needed/

doctor fish
26-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Always have a peak on Spiveys site.

Really hope he gets fixed up.

flamesong
26-10-2013, 12:11 PM
It's very tempting to believe that a site has been hacked or attacked when things like this happen and it does no harm to the site's reputation for people to believe that it is being targeted.

The truth is usually far less exciting. Chris claims that it makes no sense that his bandwidth has increased by a far greater proportion than his site visitors. I'm not a regular visitor but I have been to his site a few times and I just took another look.

To me, the most probable cause of the bandwidth increase is the amount of stuff everywhere (to be non-technical). Pages filled with text are very lightweight but as soon as you start adding images, the bandwidth required to view the page increases. In most cases, this doesn't matter very much because personal sites only get a relatively small number of visits but when you multiply the total size of the page including images by the number of visits, it soon snowballs.

Having said that, there is a lot more content on each page than there used to be and the homepage (where most visitors will end up one way or another) has a rolling gallery and the same 14 images from the gallery in the main body of the page but in a different size (I opened the images in a separate window) so not using the same image file.

When you visit an article page, such as the following I clicked on at random, there are dozens of images and if, as has happened to me, a visitor arrives but either decides to not to read the article or starts to read and loses interest because it's so long, all that content has loaded for no reason.

http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/sutch-as-it-is-based-on-the-unpublished-t-stokes-article-who-murdered-screaming-lord-sutch/

I opened one of the images off that page (the Newsweek cover) and found it was 270 KB. By optimising it to medium .jpg quality, the size was reduced to 78 KB. It could have been optimised even further and I would defy any casual reader to spot the difference.

With image optimisation, the site could reduce its bandwidth by about 70% to just under a third of its current usage.

Breaking the long pages down into digestible chapters would also reduce the bandwidth dramatically.

So, for what it's worth, it looks to me like the pages on Chris's site are too fat. But he says:

'I am looking for one person who knows what he is doing and who I can rely on 100 percent to do what I ask and not put obstacles in my way.

The job pays fuck all apart from the odd drink now and again.

So I doubt that it is an answer he wants to hear.

cafe beelzebub
26-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Hope springs eternal

Hi All,

Thank you all for your support.

I have a Tech Wizard looking into the problems as I type.

I am grateful to Alex G from Red Alert/ Peterborough Radio for introducing me to him.

The site may be up and down today while John does his thing.

Fingers crossed.

Chris.

fishgutt242
27-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Well it looks like he has been fucked over,again.

website is temporarily suspended due to overtraffic.

He said it was fixed but apparently not.

I like chris's writing,it cheers me up.

mrunhappy
27-10-2013, 02:20 PM
I preferred his old site format. Easier to follow...

fishgutt242
27-10-2013, 02:31 PM
I preferred his old site format. Easier to follow...

No one likes change mate.
I didnt like it at first but it grew on me.

What do you mean by easier to follow? the way the site is set out or the colour of the text on the black background?

cheers

flamesong
27-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Well it looks like he has been fucked over,again.

website is temporarily suspended due to overtraffic.

He said it was fixed but apparently not.

I like chris's writing,it cheers me up.

I explained how the bandwidth could be reduced to less than a third without affecting his traffic, not realising he was reading this thread, but it seems that he knows better.

flamesong
27-10-2013, 02:37 PM
No one likes change mate.
I didnt like it at first but it grew on me.

What do you mean by easier to follow? the way the site is set out or the colour of the text on the black background?

cheers
Coloured backgrounds, especially dark colours and black are avoided by anybody who wants people to read their sites because it is difficult to read and tires the eyes. It also looks very amateurish. I can't think of any decent professionally designed sites which use light text on a dark background.

Unfortunately, the site in question is not there to be seen at the moment so I'm only going from memory.

fishgutt242
27-10-2013, 02:55 PM
I explained how the bandwidth could be reduced to less than a third without affecting his traffic, not realising he was reading this thread, but it seems that he knows better.

Well seeing as he had a proper techy on the job,and made a post about how they have now sorted it,im pretty sure one of them knows what they are talking about.

also are you saying cafe beelzebub is chris?

i just thought that was copy and pasted from his site.

shows what i know :D

flamesong
27-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Well seeing as he had a proper techy on the job,and made a post about how they have now sorted it,im pretty sure one of them knows what they are talking about.

also are you saying cafe beelzebub is chris?

i just thought that was copy and pasted from his site.

shows what i know :D
Well, if cafe beelzebub isn't him, perhaps they ought to have made it clear rather than posting as if they were.

I would have volunteered to provide technical help directly but I am a bit far away geographically and I didn't fancy the remit' i.e. just do as your told. I had ten years of that bullshit in the navy, thanks, and the only person I will ever give permission to tell me what to do is a fireman otherwise my back goes straight up.

fishgutt242
27-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Well, if cafe beelzebub isn't him, perhaps they ought to have made it clear rather than posting as if they were.

I would have volunteered to provide technical help directly but I am a bit far away geographically and I didn't fancy the remit' i.e. just do as your told. I had ten years of that bullshit in the navy, thanks, and the only person I will ever give permission to tell me what to do is a fireman otherwise my back goes straight up.

Would have? well why did you not offer offer your technical help?

geographics have nothing to do with the internet,obviously.

the rest of your post,is a problem that lies within you,nobody else.

flamesong
27-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Would have? well why did you not offer offer your technical help?

geographics have nothing to do with the internet,obviously.

the rest of your post,is a problem that lies within you,nobody else.
I provided extremely pertinent advice which can still be read in one of my previous posts.

Geographics do present a problem when one's only reward might be 'the odd drink now and then'. But actually, without knowing how the site was constructed, it is difficult to give you a straight answer but I believe that the problem may well not lie on the server side.

And if I find somebody's attitude too aggressive for my liking and thus decide to steer clear of them, thus depriving them of my assistance, how is that my problem? I'm sitting at home in front of a nice warm fire catching up on my studies between occasional views of this forum. Mr Spivey's problems are not really concerning me. Refusing to be bullied is not a problem; quite the opposite.

fishgutt242
28-10-2013, 11:23 AM
So you only do voluntary work for a reward...okay.

so why say you have visited his site then go to say you steer clear as he is too aggressive?

Just another internet snob,hope you enjoyed your fire ;)

flamesong
28-10-2013, 11:41 AM
So you only do voluntary work for a reward...okay.

so why say you have visited his site then go to say you steer clear as he is too aggressive?

Just another internet snob,hope you enjoyed your fire ;)
If you could understand the English language, you might have grasped from the second part of the second paragraph that the bit about the only reward being an occasional pint was meant as a humorous aside.

I have done plenty of voluntary work but don't feel the need to justify myself to you.

Why do I visit his site? Because sometimes I click on links that take me there.

I was talking about the apparent attitude that whoever helps should just do as they are told and not put obstacles in the way. Somebody with that attitude clearly does not want to see the actual solution.

As I said in a previous post, I offered some significant advice which would have solved his bandwidth issues but there does not seem to be any interest in what I had to say and not even an acknowledgement from you in your flap that I had taken the time to look at the problem and offer a solution, so why should I waste any more time on it or, indeed, you. Tatty bye.

jkick
28-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Does he use WP Super Cache? This plugin generates static html files. This helps if you get a lot of hits from the likes of Digg. Not sure it'll help in his case

edelweiss pirate
28-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Does he have ads on his site? If he has that kind of traffic then the site could pay for itself surely?

zalmoxis
28-10-2013, 06:56 PM
I have a feeling Chris has been too trusting with some disrupting folk. I've followed the savile thread for getting on for a year now and got a feeling for the posters and the disruption certain members cause. I've read chris' s blog and can see the same pattern occuring. The comments section are telling.

retype
28-10-2013, 10:50 PM
I hope it's just a technical problem and not a freedom of speech issue.

talktalk
30-10-2013, 12:30 AM
My take on this spivey thing being suspended i feel that it is quite disgraceful tbh.
something aint right about this.
1. he gets away with all of the foul language and targeting of politicians yet nothing is done apart from a cop saying he wants a quiet word!:rolleyes:

2. cam is suing the guardian for something that doesnt relate to him, yet spivey has analized and exposed him to a tee but not a word.
I really feel for all of those that did donate to keep him on line because it seems he's used that money for a fkin JAG:eek:
he would have been donated thousands so why did he not pay the extra 200 quid and stay on line for his followers?
his followers are now panicking and miss his site.
so is this a ploy to extract more money? or has he had enough?

to me he was a breath of rude fresh air who i really thought was 100% but this leaves me with more questions than answers tbh.

p.s
it stinks.

talktalk
30-10-2013, 12:37 AM
P.S.
who the fk can we really 100% trust? i dont know but i know i trust me 100% how about you?

or have they won already?

mrunhappy
30-10-2013, 12:49 AM
one jag good

two jags better

jondoeuk
30-10-2013, 02:18 AM
Its down (suspended) due to "overtraffic"

grannie27
30-10-2013, 02:26 AM
Spivey just got to many facts Wrong in his rants ......
and I am getting sick of rants about the "Bad Guys "...now I want solutions not complaints ....we know the shit in every headline is a lie ...
Solutions please not how helpless we are against them .....

iamalivingsign
03-11-2013, 03:21 PM
talktalk, zalmoxis and flamesong have you seen the lovely things Chris has said in reply to your snide commentaries? I must say he's hit the nail right on the fucking head.

fishgutt242
03-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Haha http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/chrissy-one-jag-if-i-were-a-rich-man-ya-ba-dibba-dibba-dibba-dibba-dibba-dibba-dum/

flamesong
03-11-2013, 04:10 PM
talktalk, zalmoxis and flamesong have you seen the lovely things Chris has said in reply to your snide commentaries? I must say he's hit the nail right on the fucking head.
Haha http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/chrissy-one-jag-if-i-were-a-rich-man-ya-ba-dibba-dibba-dibba-dibba-dibba-dibba-dum/

Who gives a fuck what a gristle head like him thinks. I'm sorry my advice was not well received but if he'd rather splatter the internet with his own cerebral matter than take advise from somebody who dares not to lick his shoes, I'm glad I didn't waste any time trying to explain it to him personally.

Thanks for the link, though. It kind of shows that everything is on course when somebody can generate enough hate to sink an aircraft carrier on one page.

talktalk
03-11-2013, 05:07 PM

Yes I have just read what he has said and yes he is spot on.
It was a disgrace that I put what I did and i am feeling quite ashamed for it tbh.
I hope Chris accepts my apology that i just sent.

That was the best response that i ever needed atm, as i really do not know who to trust, but I do now believe that the guy is actually a very genuine and real person who needs supporting from us all.

zalmoxis
03-11-2013, 06:10 PM

Glad you got my name right, glad you're paying attention.
My comment obviously went over you're head, as you don't know the full story. I was referring to jimmy in the early days of the savile thread, he kept on throwing hissy fits and storming off causing pages and pages of pleaing him to stay, not helping but disrupting the cause.

We're all on the same side and egos are just getting in the way of exposing this horendous history of facts, you're playing right into their hands and it fucks me off.

Dis my comments and shut me up, but you're attacking the wrong people. All this squabbling and name calling is proving the elites right, we are just a waste of food.

pootle1
03-11-2013, 11:05 PM
As I see it Flamesong gave some decent helpful advice and does not deserve the tirade of abuse aimed at him. I’ve got to agree that I too would be reluctant to give free help to someone who demands that you do what he asks. Surely any free advice is helpful and should not be subject to such a prerequisite.

pelvis
03-11-2013, 11:20 PM
Just speed read this thread - looks like a DDOS attack to me.

flamesong
03-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Just speed read this thread - looks like a DDOS attack to me.
I just speed read your post :rolleyes:

Everybody wants to believe that they are being targeted whenever their website goes down without any proper evidence to back it up.

Honestly, the truth is usually far more mundane. And I assure you, nobody does a DDoS without calling a tango down.

pelvis
03-11-2013, 11:55 PM
I just speed read your post :rolleyes:

Everybody wants to believe that they are being targeted whenever their website goes down without any proper evidence to back it up.

Honestly, the truth is usually far more mundane. And I assure you, nobody does a DDoS without calling a tango down.

I am sticking my oar in without even knowing who Chris Spivey is, so yes, I haven’t a clue to the back story! ;)

flamesong
04-11-2013, 12:21 AM
I am sticking my oar in without even knowing who Chris Spivey is, so yes, I haven’t a clue to the back story! ;)
You are not alone; I don't know who he is either. I tried to offer a bit of advice on how to optimise his site to reduce his bandwidth and got attacked by one of his followers on here and was subjected to a torrent of bile on Mr Spivey's site - though to be honest, it was largely unintelligible.

And Mr Spivey doesn't know me. I've spent a good deal of my life working voluntarily gaining a hell of a lot of satisfaction from doing so and I don't think I need that kind of abuse.

fishgutt242
04-11-2013, 12:51 AM
You dont know who he is? liar.

"I tried to offer a bit of advice on how to optimise his site to reduce his bandwidth". on someone elses forum.

"got attacked by one of his followers on here". no one has attacked you in this thread (well,apart from me calling you a snob,but truth does hurt,doesnt it.)

"was subjected to a torrent of bile on Mr Spivey's site - though to be honest, it was largely unintelligible". Like most of the shite you have posted in this thread?

"I've spent a good deal of my life working voluntarily gaining a hell of a lot of satisfaction from doing so and I don't think I need that kind of abuse".full of shit and you shouldnt have been /are a prick.

tatty bye.

flamesong
04-11-2013, 10:30 AM
You dont know who he is? liar.

"I tried to offer a bit of advice on how to optimise his site to reduce his bandwidth". on someone elses forum.

"got attacked by one of his followers on here". no one has attacked you in this thread (well,apart from me calling you a snob,but truth does hurt,doesnt it.)

"was subjected to a torrent of bile on Mr Spivey's site - though to be honest, it was largely unintelligible". Like most of the shite you have posted in this thread?

"I've spent a good deal of my life working voluntarily gaining a hell of a lot of satisfaction from doing so and I don't think I need that kind of abuse".full of shit and you shouldnt have been /are a prick.

tatty bye.
Apart from him being somebody who looks like a thug whose writes rants which I cannot be bothered reading, who is he? I don't know. Why should I? If he's been on some reality show, I wouldn't know because I don't have a television, sorry!

The fact that Mr Spivey's site was having problems was posted on this forum and somebody posted something in the first person (do you know what that means?) which gave me the impression that it was Mr Spivey himself. Having caught a glimpse of Mr Spivey and tried to read one or two of his diatribes, I didn't really want anything to do with him directly but I thought that if I posted the benefit of my experience as a former web designer on here, the person who started the thread or the person who posted and had given me the impression that they were Mr Spivey himself might read it and, in the case of the former, pass it on.

As for the remainder of your abusive post (and Mr Spivey's tirade), you are trying to insult me for offering helpful advice but doing so in a way that you deemed inappropriate. Excuse me while I kiss the sky!

fishgutt242
05-11-2013, 08:07 AM
More fucking shite by a fucking complete twat.

and we did insult you by the way and here is another you cock monkey.

you egotistical fuck bank.

please tell me more of your superiority complex,it sounds ghastly.

guzzibob
05-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Chris Spivey has got the message across to more people than a thousand forum members on here put together ever will(myself included)

His style may not be for everyone...but fuck it,you gotta get mad about this bullshit world we live in.... he lays it on the line as best he can and as he sees it.

Some people need to wind their necks in,it`s embarrassing/cringe worthy.

Talktalk,good on you for doing the right thing mate....much respect for that.

We`re all warriors on here...keyboard warriors which doesn`t count for much.

Spivey is a warrior for the cause we`re all fighting and he`s going for it with guns blazing with honour.........so don`t be bitches please(smiley face!)

Peace,Rob

Ian2day
23-11-2013, 04:37 PM
His website is down. Is it due to a cyber attack or should he not of spent all his spare dosh on a Jag and instead put it towards better hosting of his website.