PDA

View Full Version : Why all this conflicting information on Candida?

newworldfunk
11-05-2013, 12:47 PM
I went and clicked one of the banners on this site.. I know thats something I shouldnt bother doing (on any site), and alo and behold this one was a candida related one.. all about these chitin synthesis inhibitors (pills), that supposedly allow your immune system to kill candida fungus "if you have it" by lowering candida's ... shield/shell/whatever the f you want to call it..

I cant decide for myself if its bollocks as I was about to cough up and try some, especially after reading how there isnt an effective method to test for candida as "technically" we all have it anyway in yeast form.. its just when it gets to overload (fungus) stage tgat it becomes a problem.

Then there is this guy on youtube talking about how the only way to get rid is by eating purely non starchy vegetables and fruit (on its own) for a while, and basically any other diet aimed at killing off candida isnt really effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avs2o8TTP_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3JlvI3Ygxo

The thing that really sticks in my side the most is the first example (the banner I clicked on from this site) indicates that candida is the cause of many other health problems over time, where's....

the dude on youtube is saying that candida is more of an after effect and not so much a precursor to many illnesses, but rather a byproduct of something else that may be wrong or out of balance..

which is it? both? any? does it matter?

How the f do you go about cleansing of candida fungus (there doesnt seem to be a legit way to test for it as we all have the yeast form of it popping up in different ratios), but how can you cure yourself just incase?

Why does it feel like researching further on this topic is going to take me round in circles? :confused:

allure
11-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Clean up your diet and eat cultured foods and/or probiotics.

Your candida more than likely isn't as big a problem as you think it is.

plam
11-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Candida? Another pretext to sell you shit! :D

What allure said!

Ian2day
11-05-2013, 04:46 PM
I eventually rid myself of a reoccurring rash on my chin caused by candida that would not go no matter what cream the doctor gave me. I finally got rid of the rash by eating rice coloured with turmeric everyday for two weeks. It was by sheer luck that this happened.

newworldfunk
12-05-2013, 01:34 AM
Clean up your diet and eat cultured foods and/or probiotics.

Your candida more than likely isn't as big a problem as you think it is.

Not sure what you mean by cultured food.

I eat mostly rabbit food by the general populous opinion..

basically broccoli (a whole head each day), cauliflower, carrots, parsnips, lettuce, spinach etc etc. I eat fruit but not too much, like just 3 of them a day.

Meat wise I eat a lot of red meat as I have low cholesterol and low testosterone so I can basically do with more of it. I am eating a lot of brasing steaks and lambs hearts.. I even tried cows heart but they are huge and to cut the fat off one of those things was getting a bit too Silence of the Lambs/American psycho shit for my tastes.

I eat sardines a lot, and finally my major source of carbs now is white rice, oats and sweet potato's..

Also eggs, almonds and raisins.

I am really struggling to stay consistent as of late and I still find myself craving sugary/savoury foods, or chocolate and I just cant help myself for whatever reason.. this again is supposedly linked to candida (sugary cravings).

I have toenail infections and a white coating on my tongue. I also have a slightly red almost scaly patch on one side of my jaw..

I think there is a good chance I could have a candida fungal infection, by my reckoning its come about through the toenail fungus getting into my bloodstream as I have had it years. Went to a doctors with it years ago and they told me the discolouration was inherited and was completely normal.... :eek: NO WORD OF LIE.

Fucking bullshit doctors. I hate em.

newworldfunk
12-05-2013, 01:40 AM
I eventually rid myself of a reoccurring rash on my chin caused by candida that would not go no matter what cream the doctor gave me. I finally got rid of the rash by eating rice coloured with turmeric everyday for two weeks. It was by sheer luck that this happened.

just googled turmeric powder... seems people have different reactions to it.

I could certainly try it for that one side of my face.. hopefully not allergic.

newworldfunk
12-05-2013, 01:41 AM
Candida? Another pretext to sell you shit! :D

What allure said!

it does get a bit scary though when they start saying its linked to cancer..

williewallace85
12-05-2013, 01:54 AM
you should do a bit of reading about food grade

. Its supposed to help fight candida and provide a lot of health benefits. My tub was delivered on Wednesday and been taking a tablespoon in water first thing every morning, my dermatitis is gone, could just be a coincidence we'll see

williewallace85
12-05-2013, 01:56 AM
Diatomaceous Earth. Its supposed to help fight candida and provide a lot of health benefits. My tub was delivered on Wednesday and been taking a tablespoon in water first thing every morning, my dermatitis is gone, could just be a coincidence we'll see

al209
12-05-2013, 07:33 AM
The red thing in your cheek - does it itch, particularly in response to certain foods?

blue2
12-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Diatomaceous Earth. Its supposed to help fight candida and provide a lot of health benefits. My tub was delivered on Wednesday and been taking a tablespoon in water first thing every morning, my dermatitis is gone, could just be a coincidence we'll see

Except it doesn't dissolve in water so may have fillers and binders...

blue2
12-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Take it from someone who went through this hell of Candida that reached stomach, we all have it in our intestines and when healthy with our immune system it does no harm and there for purpose but when it elongates you are in trouble and it causes ulcerations and haemorrhages. Stress and dietry need sorting. Recurrent sore throats are a symptom of it. It can kill when out of control it put me into high dependency and mimicked a heart attack and I had no antibodies, lucky to be alive but it was almost two decades ago and no cancer was diagnosed just candida albicans on stomach biopsy. Goats Kefir on www.red23.co.uk would probably be helpful.

Stop all wheaten/bread/ gluten products and sugar and all boxed cereals and no tinned foods, basically factory processed and pickles and sauces and mushrooms are out, and no dairy due to lactose and any drugs given to animals. Chinese Herbal Acupuncture had been successful but I resumed back onto unhelpful diet and increased stress load at the time so it came back with a vengeance to say the least. We are full of pesticides and heavy metals poisoning us.

Unpasteurized Devon Cider Vinegar and Bicarb on www.bobbyshealthyshop.com

Also see Prof Keith Scott-Mumby on inflammation he wrote books one being Fire in the Belly.

kiwimaj
12-05-2013, 02:49 PM
I have just started on a high fruit diet and it has greatly improved my candida! Bananas are EXCELLENT! I notice when I have a day high in bananas, the candida symptoms disappear.

High fruit def seems to be the answer, along with DEF cutting out processed foods, wheat, fried stuff, meat dairy etc.

There is a big industry in supplements and conflicting info on candida, I think to keep you suffering, so that you will keep trying 'the next supplement, diet, etc..'. in other words, keeping you sick, whilst fleecing you of even more money!

Another thing I have noticed, when you suffer from 'detox' symptoms, they seem very similar to candida die-off symptoms...so...in reality could detox symptoms happening to your body when you go on certain diets is simply the candida..dying off? Detox symptoms = candida die-off!

I have been trying to get rid of candida for YEARS..the fruit diet, apparently in one week you can be rid of your overgrowth! Give it a go.

:)

newworldfunk
12-05-2013, 03:00 PM
The red thing in your cheek - does it itch, particularly in response to certain foods?

Not very often.. it "Has done" but there are tiny bumps on it where its enflamed.. It seems to look worse if I dont shave their.. its actually the only side of my jaw that any facial hair sprouts through, baby smooth the other side, and the occasional but of arse fluff just comes through the other side of my jaw like a rat lol. It looks worse after a few days of not plucking/shaving though..

Overall the redness is always there, and i have tried sudocrem, e45, honey, yoghurt... so many things I have tried. The skin is noticably rougher in that area..

pepsi78
12-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Fruit will just feed the candida and it will flourish. They love the sugar in the fruit, it's the worst thing you can have if you have these little varmints.

newworldfunk
12-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Take it from someone who went through this hell of Candida that reached stomach, we all have it in our intestines and when healthy with our immune system it does no harm and there for purpose but when it elongates you are in trouble and it causes ulcerations and haemorrhages. Stress and dietry need sorting. Recurrent sore throats are a symptom of it. It can kill when out of control it put me into high dependency and mimicked a heart attack and I had no antibodies, lucky to be alive but it was almost two decades ago and no cancer was diagnosed just candida albicans on stomach biopsy. Goats Kefir on www.red23.co.uk would probably be helpful.

Stop all wheaten/bread/ gluten products and sugar and all boxed cereals and no tinned foods, basically factory processed and pickles and sauces and mushrooms are out, and no dairy due to lactose and any drugs given to animals. Chinese Herbal Acupuncture had been successful but I resumed back onto unhelpful diet and increased stress load at the time so it came back with a vengeance to say the least. We are full of pesticides and heavy metals poisoning us.

Unpasteurized Devon Cider Vinegar and Bicarb on www.bobbyshealthyshop.com

Also see Prof Keith Scott-Mumby on inflammation he wrote books one being Fire in the Belly.

well the only gluten for me is on the oats I eat and its intrace amount so surely it wouldnt have much impact?

If I have absolutely any dairy now it is greek yoghurt, and I use that more for my face than I do consumption lol.

I dont even eat "fresh" mushrooms now due to the fungus connection I read somewhere..

As for tinned food/ processed food. I eat raisins and almonds that come in plastic packaging, and the sardines I eat are tinned as they are so cheap.. also the fish with the "lowest level of mercury", which is exactly why I eat them over other fish.

newworldfunk
12-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Fruit will just feed the candida and it will flourish. They love the sugar in the fruit, it's the worst thing you can have if you have these little varmints.

If you watch the first video in the op, the guy talks a lot about how fruit is ok its just when you mix it with other foods at one sitting that it can become acidic..

Thats why its always better to eat fruit in between meals imo.

truth_seeker09
09-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Hi all

V interesting post. Has anyone tried the Candida Cell Wall Suppressor? I can't find any reviews on google. However I do like the rationale behind the product and I'm on board with the theory.

Currently deciding whether to buy some.

tildatod
09-06-2013, 09:35 PM

I completely agree with that. Candida thrives on sugars derived from fruit, breads, rice, sweet potatoes, potatoes, fermented foods and so on.

tildatod
09-06-2013, 09:54 PM
If you watch the first video in the op, the guy talks a lot about how fruit is ok its just when you mix it with other foods at one sitting that it can become acidic..

Thats why its always better to eat fruit in between meals imo.

Apart from the fact that his theory sounds dubious (because even fruit on its own is very pro-candida), eating fruit that is grown in hot climates is not good for the body - during our cold Springs, Summers and Winters (no sunlight to use for vitamin D production). When one consumes foods high in potassium, it means that the body will fail to make its own weak form of vitamin D.

Vitamin D is obtained naturally by exposure to sunlight—and therein lies the problem, according to Matsen. Books on nutrition encourage people to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables and to cut back on meat and salt. However, Matsen explained, as plants are exposed to more sunlight, their potassium levels rise. He stated that these high potassium levels are a signal to the kidneys not to transport vitamin D, preventing the absorption of calcium. Salty foods, which are often eaten in winter, have the opposite effect.

Matsen said the kidney interprets high potassium levels and the effects of a low-salt diet as an indication that the body is receiving sufficient vitamin D through sunlight. “What if you’re eating a banana here in November? The kidneys think you’re in Hawaii,” he emphasized. “They deactivate your vitamin D. Five days of low calcium and you get yeast in your small intestine.”
http://www.straight.com/life/naturopath-jonn-matsen-says-eating-lots-fruits-and-vegetables-can-sometimes-make-you-sick

jondoeuk
10-06-2013, 02:35 AM
Pharmaceutical Antifungal medicines work by either: killing the fungal cells– for example, by affecting a substance in the cell wall, causing the contents of the cell to leak out and the cell to die or preventing the fungal cells from growing and reproducing. The best thing to do is a take a good pre & probiotic, stop all simple carbs and switch to complex ones, stop all processed sugar, have limited high sugar fruit (or none), limit alcohol (or none), take a good multi vit & min and take mega doses of Vit C, omega 3-6-7-9 and eat little and often. Also you might be able to use diluted Hydrogen peroxide, Organic Cyder Vinegar (un-filtered and with 'mother') and/or Colloidal Silver internally/externally to try and treat it if the above doesn't help. I've heard Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is being looked into to treat many skin conditions as well. In theory the pills on the website work but the company needs to say how (what the active/s is/are) and where they are made and so on before you might consider taking them

we are love
10-06-2013, 07:55 PM
I had very high levels of candida several years ago...all kinds of symptoms, "textbook" case when you read books and research into candida related complex. Conventional doctors will tell you it doesn't exist. That's not my personal experience. I cleansed with bentonite clay and psyllium powder shakes, at the same time as rotating anti-fungals and taking probiotics.

I believe the best approach for healing candida is adjustment in diet (agree with what others have said...basically eliminating all that feeds candida...whole foods, plant based diet seems to be working for many people to create vibrant overall health), anti-fungals to kill the yeast and probiotics to boost good bacteria.

Anti-fungals you must rotate. The yeasties are persistent little buggers and easily mutate and become resistant to anti-fungals. Some people have more success with some kinds of anti-fungals than others. I don't believe there's any reason to take anti-fungals prescribed by a conventional doctor...similar to most other things treatable with pharma drugs, there are natural alternatives that do the job nicely and promote overall healing.

Die-off is something to watch out for. If you have a lot of die-off, ease off on the anti-fungals. More is not necessarily better...your body is cleansing and healing and the die-off is a sign yeast is dying, toxins are moving. Our bodies have an amazing ability to heal themselves...no need to push, it will all happen in time.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links...I learned the above and MUCH more from a website called Whole Approach.

newworldfunk
11-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Hi all

V interesting post. Has anyone tried the Candida Cell Wall Suppressor? I can't find any reviews on google. However I do like the rationale behind the product and I'm on board with the theory.

Sounds like the same sort of scam as the pills that get under the chitin.

Although I could be wrong, wholly ignorant, but the amount of shit on the internet about candida makes me fucking anxious.

newworldfunk
11-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Apart from the fact that his theory sounds dubious (because even fruit on its own is very pro-candida), eating fruit that is grown in hot climates is not good for the body - during our cold Springs, Summers and Winters (no sunlight to use for vitamin D production). When one consumes foods high in potassium, it means that the body will fail to make its own weak form of vitamin D.

http://www.straight.com/life/naturopath-jonn-matsen-says-eating-lots-fruits-and-vegetables-can-sometimes-make-you-sick

well isnt the way around that eating UK crops though?..

Or from wherever you live because then your body is used to functioning in that climate?

tildatod
11-06-2013, 02:48 PM
well isnt the way around that eating UK crops though?..

Or from wherever you live because then your body is used to functioning in that climate?

Yes, I would say so. The other way is to ingest a bit of real, pure salt if one does eat those kinds of foods.... Celtic salt. It's mined in Brittany. Although there is a company selling pure real salt called "Celtic salt", the name Celtic salt just refers to real pure salt in general. Real, pure salt has over 80 trace minerals and unlike 'salt' as bought in stores, is not processed, stripped of its goodness and bleached, with anti-caking agents added as well. Bottom line is you need some real, pure salt, wherever it comes from and whatever name it might be called by.

I read a lot about this in Jonn Matsens book Eating Alive II. :)

newworldfunk
11-06-2013, 02:50 PM
I had very high levels of candida several years ago...all kinds of symptoms, "textbook" case when you read books and research into candida related complex. Conventional doctors will tell you it doesn't exist. That's not my personal experience. I cleansed with bentonite clay and psyllium powder shakes, at the same time as rotating anti-fungals and taking probiotics.

I believe the best approach for healing candida is adjustment in diet (agree with what others have said...basically eliminating all that feeds candida...whole foods, plant based diet seems to be working for many people to create vibrant overall health), anti-fungals to kill the yeast and probiotics to boost good bacteria.

Anti-fungals you must rotate. The yeasties are persistent little buggers and easily mutate and become resistant to anti-fungals. Some people have more success with some kinds of anti-fungals than others. I don't believe there's any reason to take anti-fungals prescribed by a conventional doctor...similar to most other things treatable with pharma drugs, there are natural alternatives that do the job nicely and promote overall healing.

Die-off is something to watch out for. If you have a lot of die-off, ease off on the anti-fungals. More is not necessarily better...your body is cleansing and healing and the die-off is a sign yeast is dying, toxins are moving. Our bodies have an amazing ability to heal themselves...no need to push, it will all happen in time.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links...I learned the above and MUCH more from a website called Whole Approach.

this is the DI forum, you can post links ;)

also im getting broadband fitted in my flat on the 17th, when that happens im gonna research the hell out of this candida thing and isolate myself during die-off lol.

I dont know what vegetables to go for to make this thing work, I dont know whether to avoid fruit completely, and from what I have read in places high carbs/starches of any kind are a bad idea.... I dont know if my body will be ok without the carbs with the amount of cycling i do :(

Also so much for working out or anything like that if you cant eat carbs for energy... you would be depleted all the time... I think they call it a ketogenic diet??? you have to be careful with those, this is why I wonder if this whole candida thing is just in the mind/a load of bs..

But then again I definately have symptoms.

newworldfunk
11-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Yes, I would say so. The other way is to ingest a bit of real, pure salt if one does eat those kinds of foods.... Celtic salt. It's mined in Brittany. Although there is a company selling pure real salt called "Celtic salt", the name Celtic salt just refers to real pure salt in general. Real, pure salt has over 80 trace minerals and unlike 'salt' as bought in stores, is not processed, stripped of its goodness and bleached, with anti-caking agents added as well. Bottom line is you need some real, pure salt, wherever it comes from and whatever name it might be called by.

I read a lot about this in Jonn Matsens book Eating Alive II. :)

ive been eating a lot of seasalt on meals, I get it from standsrd supermarket, but apparently even thats forbidden on the candida diet (most brands of the diet).

Yet apparently I need more salt/iodine. Ill have a look at celtic salt as I think that one might be ok with candida diet, cant remember.

exclamatio
11-06-2013, 03:23 PM
If you are blaming the sugar in the blood then you are only half right, candida saves you when your body cant get the sugar from the blood into the cells, this is caused by eating too much fat.

Cut the fat and candida goes away even if you are so bold as to eat a diet of fresh, ripe, raw, organic fruit and veg.

exclamatio
11-06-2013, 03:33 PM
http://youtu.be/VsmcYRSvwGM

I find this video clears up any fruit based worries about candida for most :)

tildatod
11-06-2013, 03:33 PM
ive been eating a lot of seasalt on meals, I get it from standsrd supermarket, but apparently even thats forbidden on the candida diet (most brands of the diet).

Yet apparently I need more salt/iodine. Ill have a look at celtic salt as I think that one might be ok with candida diet, cant remember.

Unfortunately, it seems that 'sea salt' as sold in supermarkets is also refined. Note the smooth edges on the crystals, and the very pale colour. It looks 'pretty'. Celtic salt, or pure salt is not pretty. It's grey in colour, looks a bit dirty. It tastes very different to 'salt'.

I use it as a dressing salt i.e. I add it to my food after cooking, not during. I also make a dressing from this salt, lemon juice and olive oil. Goes really really well on steamed veggies, rice and any steamed starches. It's delicious.

This is the salt I use:

http://suite101.com/article/unrefined-sea-salt-sel-de-guerande-a53978

tildatod
11-06-2013, 03:40 PM
OP, I strongly recommend you try Jonn Matsen's book called Eating Alive II. He devotes just over 70 pages on yeast and its effect on our bodies. He also explains in painstaking detail, with diagrams(cartoons for those of us who would like to understand it thoroughly :D ) everything you ever needed to know about digestion, food and essentially - the vital importance of our livers and the jobs it has to do daily. :)

They are on sale on Amazon.co.uk at about 11. Excellent price for a book that has taught me an enormous amount. :) There are also a few videos featuring Jonn Matsen on youtube, but I've only watched one iirc.:confused:

we are love
11-06-2013, 05:56 PM
this is the DI forum, you can post links ;)

also im getting broadband fitted in my flat on the 17th, when that happens im gonna research the hell out of this candida thing and isolate myself during die-off lol.

I dont know what vegetables to go for to make this thing work, I dont know whether to avoid fruit completely, and from what I have read in places high carbs/starches of any kind are a bad idea.... I dont know if my body will be ok without the carbs with the amount of cycling i do :(

Also so much for working out or anything like that if you cant eat carbs for energy... you would be depleted all the time... I think they call it a ketogenic diet??? you have to be careful with those, this is why I wonder if this whole candida thing is just in the mind/a load of bs..

But then again I definately have symptoms.

Ah yes, DI a great modern proponent of free speech :D:D The link is www.wholeapproach.com. AMAZING resource - really, really helped me. Suggest having a look on there for what to do with heavy exercise and getting enough carbs.

Suspect this might be lots of veg and high protein levels. You'd get carbs from the veg and protein provides tons of energy in addition to cell repair and growth. I'm not an expert. And I believe all our bodies are different. What worked for me will be different to you and different to John and Jane Doe. Trust yourself - I think that's so, so important. Listen to your body. Be persistent and be creative.

The whole thing was a huge learning curve for me. Learning how to cook according to the cleanse. How to make it fun and varied and tasty, not to get bored and go crazy eating the same things. It IS possible, I discovered a bunch of new foods I had never eaten before, and ways to cook things, and small things to do to make foods interesting.

You could also have a look into things like the Body Ecology diet, specific carbohydrate diet. I know people who've healed their autistic children's digestion and physical challenges through this kind of biomedical intervention.

die-off is a bitch :rolleyes: The GREAT thing is you know about it ahead of time, so my suggestion is to plan things to do that are nourishing, healing things to take care of yourself...happy, relaxing music, or writing, reading books, watching movies. Things that make you feel good, maybe even just some incense. Whatever floats your boat. I once had die-off that was like a really intense flu for over 2 weeks...so many people told me to go see a doctor, but I KNEW intuitively that what was going on in my body was subtly different to anything I'd experienced when I was ill before. And I figured, "if this is what the little buggers are doing when I'm killing them and I feel this shit, then I want them the fuck outta me". It was one of the greatest opportunities I've ever had to learn to trust myself, listen to my own inner voice and stand tall in my beliefs. I knew I had candida and I knew it was causing all kinds of issues in my body, so I was determined. But that doesn't mean there weren't moments i thought I was going crazy :D:eek:

Re the sugars...my body was extremely sensitive, I basically had to eliminate almost all sugars - not just refined, but also fruit, i had to limit grains like brown rice, also had to limit high starch veg like parsnip and potato. But I am intolerant to gluten, dairy, soy, corn and other things, and since then I've had lab tests with a naturopath which have shown all kinds of imbalances in my body that I'm working on...so it's not a black and white things. I believe our journey to health and wellness is just that...a journey.

A quick note that may or may not be useful but I never knew this and only found out about a year ago...for if you smoke - most cigarettes have sugar in them. I think I remember reading that Marlboros are 16% sugar. It's a big part of how the tobacco companies get you addicted to cigarettes (I stopped using an electric cigarette, hooray!!)

Health and healing are a huge passion of mine. Let me know if you have any questions...maybe there are little things I've learned or tricks that would be useful to you. I think it's wonderful when people are open, curious and wanting to do things to help themselves heal physically, especially in the face of the "mainstream opinion".

One other sidenote that I think's actually super meaningful - I believe there's a massive relationship between our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. Personally i think physical healing, and doing our best to be in balance and have a healthy body, is necessary if we want to live truly joyful, openhearted lives and really connect to our higher selves/consciousness.

Happy cleansing!!! :)

thegatherer
11-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Hi all

Ok, the active ingredient of 'Candida cell wall suppressor' is Lufenuron...used mostly by vets to cure fungal infections in animals. However, it does work in humans too...though info on this is suppressed. The Lufenuron used in the 'candida cell wall suppresseor' is low grade chinese stuff, also expensive.

Look instead / google 'Lufenuron sarah vaughter' or 'owndoc.com'. You will find out how to get good quality lufenuron for a fraction of the price of the 'cell wall suppressor'.

jondoeuk
11-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Ok, the active ingredient of 'Candida cell wall suppressor' is Lufenuron...used mostly by vets to cure fungal infections in animals. However, it does work in humans too...though info on this is suppressed. The Lufenuron used in the 'candida cell wall suppressor' is low grade chinese stuff, also expensive.

Look instead / google 'Lufenuron sarah vaughter' or 'owndoc.com'. You will find out how to get good quality lufenuron for a fraction of the price of the 'cell wall suppressor'.

Lufenuron is used by vets for fleas, adult parasitic worms and their eggs. Any drugs should be from your Dr and not from a random comp on the internet who get there supplies from who knows were...

thegatherer
11-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Lufenuron is used by vets for fleas, adult parasitic worms and their eggs. Any drugs should be from your Dr and not from a random comp on the internet who get there supplies from who knows were...

Yea cos the magicman 'Dr' always knows best eh?:rolleyes: Tell me what drugs does this miracle worker prescribe for candida overgrowth?? Most of em know nothing about it, mere whores to their big pharma pimps. Candida shares the 'chitin' layer cell well as fleas etc...which cant be easily broken down xcpt with lufenuron.

jondoeuk
11-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Yea cos the magicman 'Dr' always knows best eh?:rolleyes: Tell me what drugs does this miracle worker prescribe for candida overgrowth?? Most of em know nothing about it, mere whores to their big pharma pimps. Candida shares the 'chitin' layer cell well as fleas etc...which cant be easily broken down xcpt with lufenuron.

I've said to start with diet and if that doesn't work then I've given other things to try and the last being a trip to the Dr to get anti-fungles. Has lufenuron been tested in humans?

thegatherer
12-06-2013, 10:42 AM
I've said to start with diet and if that doesn't work then I've given other things to try and the last being a trip to the Dr to get anti-fungles. Has lufenuron been tested in humans?

The simple fact is that you cant kill candida overgrowth with diet. You can manage it to an extent, you can keep symptoms minimal but only with a very restrictive diet/ drinking habits. As soon as you stray from the 'diet' the same candida will emerge stronger than ever.

As far as I know the commonly used anti-fungals as prescribed by Dr Wonderful et al dont deal with Candida effectively...although may be useful alongside lufenuron to stop resistant strains emerging.

Lufenuron has been tested on humans and shown to work, the same as it does with every other mammal it has been tested on.

jondoeuk
12-06-2013, 10:52 AM
The simple fact is that you cant kill candida overgrowth with diet. You can manage it to an extent, you can keep symptoms minimal but only with a very restrictive diet/ drinking habits. As soon as you stray from the 'diet' the same candida will emerge stronger than ever.

As far as I know the commonly used anti-fungals as prescribed by Dr Wonderful et al dont deal with Candida effectively...although may be useful alongside lufenuron to stop resistant strains emerging.

Lufenuron has been tested on humans and shown to work, the same as it does with every other mammal it has been tested on.

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=b2520a50-fdd8-4508-8d9d-6ce24190ba0a this states it is not safe for humans

al209
12-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Candida isnt the problem people think it is. Unless your tongue look like a cauliflower, your probably ok. Everyone has it, its just a case of whether your immune system is dealing with it, and how starved it is. Witholding carbs in preference to fat lowers immune defences and starves the candida, which makes it angry and invasive.

Funny how the thing can boost your immune system and keep the candida happy is the thing that people automatically withold - carbohydrate.

If its really bad, a course of antifungals or GSE followed by good diet is what you want. Otherwise, just good diet and it will go away.

thegatherer
12-06-2013, 01:35 PM
http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=b2520a50-fdd8-4508-8d9d-6ce24190ba0a this states it is not safe for humans

Does it 'state' that? Perhaps it should explain why it's safe for the primates which we share 99% of our DNA with but not for us...that would be interesting.

jondoeuk
12-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Does it 'state' that? Perhaps it should explain why it's safe for the primates which we share 99% of our DNA with but not for us...that would be interesting.

It says not to be taken by humans, so no human trials that I know of have ever been conducted by a drug company of the effectiveness or safety in humans. Also its made by Big Pharma and reports in animals show; "it has been reported to cause lack of appetite and anorexia, vomiting, diarrhea, convulsions, lethargy, difficulty breathing, and skin irritations. Hmm, a long list of side effects just like a long list of what Sentinel prevents. When these products first came out, the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) became flooded with reports of adverse side effects. Apparently the pesticides and repellents being used to protect dogs and cats from fleas, ticks and parasites were harming the health of the animals and the humans administering them. That's right, humans! In an 18-month period the EPA received 853 reports of adverse side effects caused from these so-called "safe, easy to use monthly tablets". There were 148 animal deaths, and 58 reports of human sickness. Doesn't sound too safe to us! Think about this -- those are just the people who made the association between their personal or pet's illness with Sentinel. Most people would not even think of this potentially making them sick because it is marketed as totally safe". http://www.fluoridealert.org/pesticides/lufenuron.warning.pets.htm

tildatod
12-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Candida isnt the problem people think it is. Unless your tongue look like a cauliflower, your probably ok. Everyone has it, its just a case of whether your immune system is dealing with it, and how starved it is. Witholding carbs in preference to fat lowers immune defences and starves the candida, which makes it angry and invasive.

Funny how the thing can boost your immune system and keep the candida happy is the thing that people automatically withold - carbohydrate.

If its really bad, a course of antifungals or GSE followed by good diet is what you want. Otherwise, just good diet and it will go away.

Don't all vegetables contain carbohydrates? :confused:

Candida IS a very real problem. Your tongue does not have to be ridden with it, in order for it to be seen as an issue to be dealt with. We are all meant to have yeasts within us, such as candida. However, its overgrowth creates numerous health issues.

thegatherer
12-06-2013, 07:01 PM
It says not to be taken by humans, so no human trials that I know of have ever been conducted by a drug company of the effectiveness or safety in humans. Also its made by Big Pharma and reports in animals show; "it has been reported to cause lack of appetite and anorexia, vomiting, diarrhea, convulsions, lethargy, difficulty breathing, and skin irritations. Hmm, a long list of side effects just like a long list of what Sentinel prevents. When these products first came out, the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) became flooded with reports of adverse side effects. Apparently the pesticides and repellents being used to protect dogs and cats from fleas, ticks and parasites were harming the health of the animals and the humans administering them. That's right, humans! In an 18-month period the EPA received 853 reports of adverse side effects caused from these so-called "safe, easy to use monthly tablets". There were 148 animal deaths, and 58 reports of human sickness. Doesn't sound too safe to us! Think about this -- those are just the people who made the association between their personal or pet's illness with Sentinel. Most people would not even think of this potentially making them sick because it is marketed as totally safe". http://www.fluoridealert.org/pesticides/lufenuron.warning.pets.htm

Lufenuron is only one of the ingredients in this stuff for fleas. I've never said to take stuff designed for pets. The stuff I originally mentioned is pure pharmaceutical grade lufenuron. Maybe you should go to the website I mentioned and read about it rather than these daft links to something else?? 'owndoc.com'.

Look here with info on safety etc:-http://lufenuroncandidacure.owndoc.com/

jondoeuk
12-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Lufenuron is only one of the ingredients in this stuff for fleas. I've never said to take stuff designed for pets. The stuff I originally mentioned is pure pharmaceutical grade lufenuron. Maybe you should go to the website I mentioned and read about it rather than these daft links to something else?? 'owndoc.com'.

Look here with info on safety etc:-http://lufenuroncandidacure.owndoc.com/

http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/Products/ApprovedAnimalDrugProducts/FOIADrugSummaries/ucm116125.htm the FDA states Novartis applied for the licence and took the patent out in 1998 for use in cats & dogs. No humans studies were conducted and the link in my last post shows this has caused side effects inc death in many cats & dogs and side effects in humans who applied it to their pets. The label states its not to be taken by humans and this info would apply to the active ingredient which is Lufenuron

thegatherer
12-06-2013, 11:13 PM
http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/Products/ApprovedAnimalDrugProducts/FOIADrugSummaries/ucm116125.htm the FDA states Novartis applied for the licence and took the patent out in 1998 for use in cats & dogs. No humans studies were conducted and the link in my last post shows this has caused side effects inc death in many cats & dogs and side effects in humans who applied it to their pets. The label states its not to be taken by humans and this info would apply to the active ingredient which is Lufenuron

You really are just getting boring now. You'd rather just win an argument than get to the truth wouldn't you? Once again you're talking about something that contains plenty besides lufenuron while ignoring the link I gave you. Don't bother replying I wasn't even addressing you in the first place. You've made your point. A drug for pets which contains other stuff and lufenuron might be dangerous...and why would Lufenuron be the only active ingredient?...you just made that up cos you obviously cant stand being wrong. Have fun on your water and porridge diet for the rest of your life!:D

jondoeuk
12-06-2013, 11:30 PM
You really are just getting boring now. You'd rather just win an argument than get to the truth wouldn't you? Once again you're talking about something that contains plenty besides lufenuron while ignoring the link I gave you. Don't bother replying I wasn't even addressing you in the first place. You've made your point. A drug for pets which contains other stuff and lufenuron might be dangerous...and why would Lufenuron be the only active ingredient?...you just made that up cos you obviously cant stand being wrong. Have fun on your water and porridge diet for the rest of your life!:D

I'm boring you will the truth!. So plugging a website which gets their Lufenuron from who knows where and is not licensed for humans (I've seen the site) is that ok to you?. The FDA website shows this and does the back of a packet of the pills (licensed for animals and not to be taken by humans). Lufenuron has ONLY been tasted on animals and is licenced for use on them. Where are the human trails?, who took out a patent for human use? Who holds/took out the licence for human use?. What are the side effects in humans? What's the effectiveness in humans? This active ingredient was made by big pharma as a board insecticide to be used on animals. This has caused many side effects in pets and humans (the stand alone active in certain pills which caused the said side effects is/was Lufenuron). Most anti fungles cause side effects but I wouldn't be recommending one only licensed for animals and sent from a site that gets it from (as I've said) who knows where. Sarah Vaughter who is theAdministrator and site owner said on her site/blog "I am happy to announce that our latest batch of Lufenuron passed all tests required for EU permission as a veterinary medicine".

j35p3r4d0
14-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Resveratrol is a very potent antifungal, if buy 50% powder and eat a good heaped teaspoon a day before bed it should kill off things like warts and whatever from the entire body within a month, which was amazing for me because i had a bad warts on my foot for like 5-6 years and they vanished.

I used this to remove warts because i herd it was antifungal, and yeah, it really is, however it gives you mild diarrhea when you eat enough to get through you (eg; a heaped teaspoon) and you can feel a little weird, but it won't kill you. Just drink water and go to the toilet in the mornings. Don;t focus on the taste but it's not like a strong bitter or foul taste anyway. Mix the powder into a glass of water and get it down after you eat.

If can deal with that, you could just get a good bit a fiber into you and use it as a bit of a intestinal cleanse while you're being anti-fungal'd.

the thing about Resveratrol is that only a small amount gets into your blood stream, so you want to get 50% (or higher) powder and have at least a good teaspoon a day, and deal with the mild runny stools.

I have faith in this, because a fungal infection i had on my foot for 6 years just vanished within a month, and did not come back/

here is some 98% so you wont need to drink as much material....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Gram-Trans-Resveratrol-98-Bulk-Powder-/181153697936?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2d9a1090

50 grams (should last a month or more daily) for $28.79 USD

also i used ploygonum knotweed extract at 50% resveratrol and had the diarrhea , this stuff is grape seed and may have a different effect, but it will probably be the same and because of the active ingredient

get some if you can

edit: thinking again, don't have too much, the going to the toilet can be substancial, say if you are working. find a balance and just have a little bit more than the last time at each setting and youll find what you're comfortable with, but you do want to try and get yourself a bit saturated because not much is absorbed into the blood, however that precious little does wonders. No Joke

al209
14-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Don't all vegetables contain carbohydrates? :confused:

Candida IS a very real problem. Your tongue does not have to be ridden with it, in order for it to be seen as an issue to be dealt with. We are all meant to have yeasts within us, such as candida. However, its overgrowth creates numerous health issues.

Yes all veg contains carbohydrate, but non starchy veg has fibre rather than starch/sugar, which candida cannot use, only bacteria can ferment it.

There are extreme cases of candida overgrowth, usually accompanied by white tongue, thrush etc, and systemic candida infection does exist, but imo the problem that people refer to as candida is in all likelihood SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth).

exclamatio
14-06-2013, 06:34 PM
if you have candida problems for more than a few hours the sugar isn't the problem, whatever is stopping the sugar getting from the blood and into the cells is the problem

shiyoken
14-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Haven't read through the thread but Douglous Graham author of 80/10/10 diet speaks about it in voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsmcYRSvwGM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNGPA_1Y2Xk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkytjxPtTWE

al209
14-06-2013, 07:28 PM
if you have candida problems for more than a few hours the sugar isn't the problem, whatever is stopping the sugar getting from the blood and into the cells is the problem

yep, and its high levels of free fatty acids in the blood that stops the sugar being utilised.

newworldfunk
15-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Ah yes, DI a great modern proponent of free speech :D:D The link is www.wholeapproach.com. AMAZING resource - really, really helped me. Suggest having a look on there for what to do with heavy exercise and getting enough carbs.

Suspect this might be lots of veg and high protein levels. You'd get carbs from the veg and protein provides tons of energy in addition to cell repair and growth. I'm not an expert. And I believe all our bodies are different. What worked for me will be different to you and different to John and Jane Doe. Trust yourself - I think that's so, so important. Listen to your body. Be persistent and be creative.

The whole thing was a huge learning curve for me. Learning how to cook according to the cleanse. How to make it fun and varied and tasty, not to get bored and go crazy eating the same things. It IS possible, I discovered a bunch of new foods I had never eaten before, and ways to cook things, and small things to do to make foods interesting.

You could also have a look into things like the Body Ecology diet, specific carbohydrate diet. I know people who've healed their autistic children's digestion and physical challenges through this kind of biomedical intervention.

die-off is a bitch :rolleyes: The GREAT thing is you know about it ahead of time, so my suggestion is to plan things to do that are nourishing, healing things to take care of yourself...happy, relaxing music, or writing, reading books, watching movies. Things that make you feel good, maybe even just some incense. Whatever floats your boat. I once had die-off that was like a really intense flu for over 2 weeks...so many people told me to go see a doctor, but I KNEW intuitively that what was going on in my body was subtly different to anything I'd experienced when I was ill before. And I figured, "if this is what the little buggers are doing when I'm killing them and I feel this shit, then I want them the fuck outta me". It was one of the greatest opportunities I've ever had to learn to trust myself, listen to my own inner voice and stand tall in my beliefs. I knew I had candida and I knew it was causing all kinds of issues in my body, so I was determined. But that doesn't mean there weren't moments i thought I was going crazy :D:eek:

Re the sugars...my body was extremely sensitive, I basically had to eliminate almost all sugars - not just refined, but also fruit, i had to limit grains like brown rice, also had to limit high starch veg like parsnip and potato. But I am intolerant to gluten, dairy, soy, corn and other things, and since then I've had lab tests with a naturopath which have shown all kinds of imbalances in my body that I'm working on...so it's not a black and white things. I believe our journey to health and wellness is just that...a journey.

A quick note that may or may not be useful but I never knew this and only found out about a year ago...for if you smoke - most cigarettes have sugar in them. I think I remember reading that Marlboros are 16% sugar. It's a big part of how the tobacco companies get you addicted to cigarettes (I stopped using an electric cigarette, hooray!!)

Health and healing are a huge passion of mine. Let me know if you have any questions...maybe there are little things I've learned or tricks that would be useful to you. I think it's wonderful when people are open, curious and wanting to do things to help themselves heal physically, especially in the face of the "mainstream opinion".

One other sidenote that I think's actually super meaningful - I believe there's a massive relationship between our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. Personally i think physical healing, and doing our best to be in balance and have a healthy body, is necessary if we want to live truly joyful, openhearted lives and really connect to our higher selves/consciousness.

Happy cleansing!!! :)

newworldfunk
15-06-2013, 02:55 PM

well i have mad sugar cravings, athletes foot/toenail yeast infection, depression, chronic fatigue.. so I class that as bad.

The only reason my tongue doesnt look like a cauliflower is I brush the shit out of it til it goes red.

I dropped carbs recently and had feelings of vertigo, was just eating meat, greens and eggs.. had ridiculous sugar cravings and I couldnt stick it for even a day or two.. I normally eat healthy but inculding potatoes and rice... I give in to ad sugar cravings every few days though.

whats GSE?... also antibiotics doesnt soundlike a good idea seen as how they can be a contributing factor in candidas onslaught in the first place if you have been on them awhile.

If it weakens your immune system by starving them, what happens when you go back on carbs? does it just come back and make you ill?

all the candida diets seem to be fucking flawed..

and these online pills are about as trustworthy as a junkie selling a flatscreen.

newworldfunk
15-06-2013, 03:04 PM

wha?

newworldfunk
15-06-2013, 03:05 PM
yep, and its high levels of free fatty acids in the blood that stops the sugar being utilised.

well that would be a bit wierd in y case seeing as how im apparently deficient in most fats..

exclamatio
15-06-2013, 03:30 PM
wha?

Because candida only lives for a few hours, it flourishes to mop up excess blood sugar in the event it's getting "stuck" there. When the excess sugar is gone the candida signs off.

In a normal body sugar doesn't get stuck in the blood, it goes from the intestines into the blood and then into the cells to be used as fuel. If there is too much fat in ones diet then you cannot uptake, transport or deliver sugar efficiently, this will lead to blood sugar problems, insulin sensitivity etc. You can either stop eating sugar (and starve all healthy and unhealthy cells alike) or simply restrict your fat intake to healthy levels.

newworldfunk
15-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Because candida only lives for a few hours, it flourishes to mop up excess blood sugar in the event it's getting "stuck" there. When the excess sugar is gone the candida signs off.

In a normal body sugar doesn't get stuck in the blood, it goes from the intestines into the blood and then into the cells to be used as fuel. If there is too much fat in ones diet then you cannot uptake, transport or deliver sugar efficiently, this will lead to blood sugar problems, insulin sensitivity etc. You can either stop eating sugar (and starve all healthy and unhealthy cells alike) or simply restrict your fat intake to healthy levels.

I can post an old link I did ages ago to y fat level readings but it would be pointless, I remember from soe bloodwork I had I was generally told to get ore fat as my cholesterol was stupidly low which was in turn inhibiting my testosterone a bit.

I aint getting too much fat, not even now and im eating way more red meat.

al209
15-06-2013, 04:04 PM
er...no. It shouldn't be in the blood full stop and has nothing to do with normal blood sugar management.

In a normal body sugar doesn't get stuck in the blood, it goes from the intestines into the blood and then into the cells to be used as fuel. If there is too much fat in ones diet then you cannot uptake, transport or deliver sugar efficiently, this will lead to blood sugar problems, insulin sensitivity etc. You can either stop eating sugar (and starve all healthy and unhealthy cells alike) or simply restrict your fat intake to healthy levels.what you are describing is called "the Randle cycle". It basically controls whether you utilise glucose from the diet, or fat (some from the diet, but mainly from fat tissue (unless your on some daft high fat venture). The presence of one fuel diminishes the capacity to use the other. This works nicely when you are fluctuating between burning glucose and body fat, but the presence of high amounts of fatty acids and glucose in the blood prevents the glucose being used, via insulin resistance which leads to obesity etc etc . people who blame sugar for diabetes have got things majorly backward.

al209
15-06-2013, 04:07 PM
I can post an old link I did ages ago to y fat level readings but it would be pointless, I remember from soe bloodwork I had I was generally told to get ore fat as my cholesterol was stupidly low which was in turn inhibiting my testosterone a bit.

Which fats are you supposedly deficient in?

newworldfunk
15-06-2013, 04:08 PM
er...no. It shouldn't be in the blood full stop and has nothing to do with normal blood sugar management.

what you are describing is called "the Randle cycle". It basically controls whether you utilise glucose from the diet, or fat, some from the diet (if you follow a good diet), but mainly from fat tissue. The presence of one fuel diminishes the capacity to use the other. This works nicely when you are fluctuating between burning glucose and body fat, but the presence of high amounts of fatty acids and glucose in the blood prevents the glucose being used. This leads to insulin resistance etc etc. people who blame sugar for diabetes have got things majorly backward.

I havent an f'ing clue what you are talking about,, but im guessing that other guy was wrong.

Like I said im not suffering an excess of fat, thats alls I know on that.

al209
15-06-2013, 04:11 PM
I havent an f'ing clue what you are talking about,, but im guessing that other guy was wrong.

Like I said im not suffering an excess of fat, thats alls I know on that.
No, the other guy was right about fat preventing glucose uptake.

You are confusing the level of fat in your diet with the level of fat in your blood. Two different things.

newworldfunk
15-06-2013, 04:13 PM
No, the other guy was right about fat preventing glucose uptake.

You are confusing the level of fat in your diet with the level of fat in your blood. Two different things.

so how do I know if I have too much fat in my blood?

al209
15-06-2013, 04:32 PM
so how do I know if I have too much fat in my blood?

A blood test for non-esterified fatty acids if you want to be certain, but your reaction to carbohydrate is a big clue.

newworldfunk
15-06-2013, 04:39 PM
A blood test for non-esterified fatty acids if you want to be certain, but your reaction to carbohydrate is a big clue.

I would say I feel I need carbs as much as the next person, and depriving myself of them makes me a bit foggy, weak feeling.

al209
15-06-2013, 05:09 PM
I would say I feel I need carbs as much as the next person, and depriving myself of them makes me a bit foggy, weak feeling.
Well, don't deprive yourself then! Carbs are awesome, give me sugar over fat any day.

exclamatio
15-06-2013, 05:19 PM

It would be impossible me to tell you what's wrong with you but I was simply explaining the reasoning behind; "If you have candida for more than a few hours then whatever is wrong with you is stopping the sugar from getting to the cells".

Could be your pancreas, could simply be the fat it could be many things but the fact remains, no-one has super ultra candida that magically lives for weeks or months. The yeast can only keep the colony up if there is enough food for it and normal digestion does not have the problem of the sugar staying there too long.

newworldfunk
15-06-2013, 06:12 PM
It would be impossible me to tell you what's wrong with you but I was simply explaining the reasoning behind; "If you have candida for more than a few hours then whatever is wrong with you is stopping the sugar from getting to the cells".

Could be your pancreas, could simply be the fat it could be many things but the fact remains, no-one has super ultra candida that magically lives for weeks or months. The yeast can only keep the colony up if there is enough food for it and normal digestion does not have the problem of the sugar staying there too long.

something I often wonder when im here but..

how do you know all this stuff?

exclamatio
16-06-2013, 01:51 PM
something I often wonder when im here but..

how do you know all this stuff?

Mostly because of the work of other great men and women, every day I'm reading and listening to talks. Since I was about 14 I've been extremely interested in health and physical performance, even back then my paper round money went on 2 things, martial arts training and books. At 16 I started coaching in martial arts and lifestyle, since then I've worked directly with a couple thousand people.

tildatod
16-06-2013, 05:22 PM

Candida only lives for a few hours? How/where did you learn this from Exclamatio? :confused: Being a fungus, it constantly reproduces/regenerates/grows.

There are people who eat very little fat, but who still have candida overgrowth. :confused:

I followed the guidelines of cutting out sugars and it helped tremendously. I never ate much fatty foods if any.

exclamatio
16-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Candida only lives for a few hours? How/where did you learn this from Exclamatio? :confused: Being a fungus, it constantly reproduces/regenerates/grows.

There are people who eat very little fat, but who still have candida overgrowth. :confused:

I followed the guidelines of cutting out sugars and it helped tremendously. I never ate much fatty foods if any.

Yeah too much fat in your diet is just one way to keep the colony up as it stops you getting sugar out of the blood. When I say candida only lives for a few hours I mean in a few hours its job is typically done, when its food supply is gone the colony will reduce in size. We always have candida in us but when it's a problem when it flares up and stays there.

newworldfunk
21-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Yeah too much fat in your diet is just one way to keep the colony up as it stops you getting sugar out of the blood. When I say candida only lives for a few hours I mean in a few hours its job is typically done, when its food supply is gone the colony will reduce in size. We always have candida in us but when it's a problem when it flares up and stays there.

so what do you do if you need more fat but also have candida overgrowth?

exclamatio
21-06-2013, 09:43 PM
so what do you do if you need more fat but also have candida overgrowth?

The quickest way to heal many things is by fasting so you could try a short fast to get at least some healing done. Then you could add high quality plant sources of fatty acids, get your organic greens bought and if you're like me then forage your ass off for more!

Keep the soluble fibre high by consuming your fruit and veg whole, blending is cool but stay away from juicing 'till you're better. You need the fibre because without it you're going to keep getting sugar spikes and the candida will be all like "cheers mate!", with the soluble fibre it's gonna be easier to keep the candida down by moderating the rate which sugar gets into your blood.

amberleaf
28-01-2014, 01:35 PM

Would you say this is also true of mediterranean genetics? eg my husband's ancestors are mediterranean, would he not be more suited to that diet even in winter?

tildatod
28-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Would you say this is also true of mediterranean genetics? eg my husband's ancestors are mediterranean, would he not be more suited to that diet even in winter?

It depends perhaps on where you're living as well? If you ARE currently living in sunny climes with lots of sunshine on your skin, then fear not. If you're in the cold dark UK, then avoid fruit in winter. I eat very little fruit if any in winter. I need all the vitamin D I can get, and am already low in it.

Darker skins actually need more sunshine to make vitamin D, so if your husband is a darker skinned person, he's likely to have lower vitamin D levels...if you're in a cold climate at present AND he tends to eat poorly, lots of fruit and so on.

A phenomenal book I always recommend is Eating Alive II by Jonn Matsen. He explain a lot of stuff, in ways the average person can understand, about digestion, food, vitamins, the liver, and how we can help our livers. The liver is usually over-burdened and as it can never manage to do its job properly thanks to being bombarded with toxins by way of air, food, drink and so on...it ends up dumping toxins back into the blood. A carousel of toxins ensues, people develop more allergies, more health problems and so on. Matsen explains in minute and painstaking detail for example how people develop blocked arteries and it soon becomes clear why eating well is vital. It's not easy to stick to a healthy diet for many reasons, but the benefits are immense.

:)

sukiari
30-01-2014, 10:25 AM
I went and clicked one of the banners on this site.. I know thats something I shouldnt bother doing (on any site), and alo and behold this one was a candida related one.. all about these chitin synthesis inhibitors (pills), that supposedly allow your immune system to kill candida fungus "if you have it" by lowering candida's ... shield/shell/whatever the f you want to call it..

I cant decide for myself if its bollocks as I was about to cough up and try some, especially after reading how there isnt an effective method to test for candida as "technically" we all have it anyway in yeast form.. its just when it gets to overload (fungus) stage tgat it becomes a problem.

Then there is this guy on youtube talking about how the only way to get rid is by eating purely non starchy vegetables and fruit (on its own) for a while, and basically any other diet aimed at killing off candida isnt really effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avs2o8TTP_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3JlvI3Ygxo

The thing that really sticks in my side the most is the first example (the banner I clicked on from this site) indicates that candida is the cause of many other health problems over time, where's....

the dude on youtube is saying that candida is more of an after effect and not so much a precursor to many illnesses, but rather a byproduct of something else that may be wrong or out of balance..

which is it? both? any? does it matter?

How the f do you go about cleansing of candida fungus (there doesnt seem to be a legit way to test for it as we all have the yeast form of it popping up in different ratios), but how can you cure yourself just incase?

Why does it feel like researching further on this topic is going to take me round in circles? :confused:

Cures for candida are like assholes, everybody has one. Additionally there are lots of self-diagnosed candida sufferers that tried some magic bullet and whatever their problem was, candida or not, eventually went away so their cure is added to the list.

Fishin
31-01-2014, 05:46 AM
Cures for candida are like assholes, everybody has one. Additionally there are lots of self-diagnosed candida sufferers that tried some magic bullet and whatever their problem was, candida or not, eventually went away so their cure is added to the list.

+1

newworldfunk
05-02-2014, 03:20 PM
I think candida oergrowth is a myth..

fuck it...... information overload just isnt worth it...