PDA

View Full Version : Have you tried Falun Gong ?¿

alrick888
29-03-2008, 12:10 PM
About 7 years ago I started ´dabbling´ in Falun Dafa, or Falun Gong as the media called it. I liked the exercises as they seemed to have a calming effect on me.

Later I bought the books by Master Li and started reading them, mainly Zhuan Falun. Every FD practitioner is encouraged to read this book over and over, until he or she becomes basically brainwashed with it. I practiced in a weekly practice group in the local park, went to sit in protest meditation before the Chinese Embassy, sent forth righteous thoughts, stopped drinking beer - hard! - and tried to read no other books than Zhuan Falun.

It was interesting, but after about three years I stopped, mainly because I got other friends and also because I did not see many results.
I also felt the Master had a careless attitude about the ongoing torture in China and was making more and more ridiculous claims about Falun Dafa and himself.

Anyone else been through this?

binhdinh_khiwarrior
30-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Qi Gong training is meant to set you free, not bind you..anything binding is false

enstic
29-04-2008, 06:07 PM
I have been curious about Falun Dafa. Maybe there is some thing in it. Why are "agents of the serpent" who rule China so afraid of people doing Falun Dafa to a point where they are literally committing genocide though the most horrible methods imaginable.:confused:

chocousbro77
01-05-2008, 08:32 AM
well i currently practice the thousand hand stance and the cosmic wave flow in falun dafa...i found out about it from this posting at a local library where a group comes to a local park to practice it....i was advised to read a book about and i read a lil bit of it and shoved it to the curb b/c some of the concepts in the book was kind of dictatorship as to you have to do this and that to achieve this kind of CHI....well im like uh no so i just practice the basics and keep it moving....as long as i feel my CHI and feel positive im all good...then the books goes more into BUDDHISM....and Im like ugh im not religious just spiritual....so when your higher mind tells you this is too much dictatorship to reach your higher self...MOVE ON AIGHT...

BLESS