PDA

View Full Version : Toothache but dentist cannot do anything about it

artmuzz
10-12-2012, 03:50 PM
I have been suffering from severe toothache for a few days. . I have tried everything like using sensitive pro-enamel toothpaste, ibuprofen and salt water to no avail. The only thing that dulls the pain is if I breath in cold air or drink cold water but the pain returns. I decided enough was enough and phoned my dentist. My dentist looked at my tooth and took x-rays but she said my tooth and gums look alright. The only thing she said was that the enamel looked worn due to me grinding my teeth in my sleep. However she refused to do any treatment and told me just to use sensitive toothpaste but when I told her I've used sensitive toothpaste but it isn't helping she just told me to give it a bit of time and if its still sore then to contact them again. I am feeling really angry and frustrated.

Anyone know what natural pain relief I could use for my tooth other than salt and clove oil?

lu__
10-12-2012, 04:07 PM
I have been suffering from severe toothache for a few days. . I have tried everything like using sensitive pro-enamel toothpaste, ibuprofen and salt water to no avail. The only thing that dulls the pain is if I breath in cold air or drink cold water but the pain returns. I decided enough was enough and phoned my dentist. My dentist looked at my tooth and took x-rays but she said my tooth and gums look alright. The only thing she said was that the enamel looked worn due to me grinding my teeth in my sleep. However she refused to do any treatment and told me just to use sensitive toothpaste but when I told her I've used sensitive toothpaste but it isn't helping she just told me to give it a bit of time and if its still sore then to contact them again. I am feeling really angry and frustrated.

Anyone know what natural pain relief I could use for my tooth other than salt and clove oil?

Clove oil seems to be the most effective, garlic is also used, only thing worse that a toothache is an ear ache, ibuprofen is really nasty stuff, maybe look at some breathing techniques.
I wonder why you're grinding your teeth, caffeine does it to me, plenty of other drugs will do it too.

artmuzz
10-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Clove oil seems to be the most effective, garlic is also used, only thing worse that a toothache is an ear ache, ibuprofen is really nasty stuff, maybe look at some breathing techniques.
I wonder why you're grinding your teeth, caffeine does it to me, plenty of other drugs will do it too.

Thanks for the suggestions. My anxiety and depression is causing me to grind my teeth at night.

blue2
10-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Cloves Oil BP from Chemist, also Vicco Tooth Powder/gum powder see on Amazon or Ebay and Magnascent Iodine is marvellous you can dilute few drops with water and swish round gums or apply neat if need be and drink the stuff so it gets into blood stream...available online in UK. It's usually gum disease not teeth...

artmuzz
10-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Cloves Oil BP from Chemist, also Vicco Tooth Powder/gum powder see on Amazon or Ebay and Magnascent Iodine is marvellous you can dilute few drops with water and swish round gums or apply neat if need be and drink the stuff so it gets into blood stream...available online in UK. It's usually gum disease not teeth...

So I guess its safe to drink Magnascent Iodine?

artmuzz
10-12-2012, 04:18 PM
It's usually gum disease not teeth...

Hmm. I'm surprised my dentist didn't mention that to me when I visited today.

kanz
10-12-2012, 04:27 PM

Sounds like an ulser in your mouth mate.

When I had one , swirling whiskey or water about the soar area stopped it dead , however if i stopped it came back , that and ibprofine(a god send , second only to the dentist for toothache type pain when it comes to me ).

Wasnt till I went to the dentist and got antibiotics that it went away.
Feel your pain mate , I fear toothache more than a gun shot ^^

artmuzz
10-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Sounds like an ulser in your mouth mate.

When I had one , swirling whiskey or water about the soar area stopped it dead , however if i stopped it came back , that and ibprofine(a god send , second only to the dentist for toothache type pain when it comes to me ).

Wasnt till I went to the dentist and got antibiotics that it went away.
Feel your pain mate , I fear toothache more than a gun shot ^^

Thanks for your suggestions but if it was an ulcer would it not show up on the x-ray that I had?

blue2
10-12-2012, 04:35 PM

Absolutely, it's safest purest form of iodine, see www.magnascent.com and Dr Mark Sircus OMD (Dr of Oriental Medicine) he wrote books one on Iodine too. Diluted with water as i said. Google this info to learn about it.

kanz
10-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Thanks for your suggestions but if it was an ulcer would it not show up on the x-ray that I had?

Not 100% sure mate, tho I would like to assume , tho you never know.

Know its a pain however I would try a different dentist for a second opinion if possible. People can make mistakes.

blue2
10-12-2012, 04:39 PM
I once had an abscess that came out of gum on the end of a tooth extracted,quite small really. People don't get enough Vit C A or D see Biocare for the latter two and www.naturalhealthpractice.com for Vit C but be careful of fillers and binders in tablets or capsules and avoid those.
Vitamin UK is good too.

lu__
10-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. My anxiety and depression is causing me to grind my teeth at night.

Have a look in a search engine for "teeth grinding magnesium".
Mag may make you use the loo more frequently if you're not used to it so start off slow, natural calm is good but you should brush your teeth after it.

Simple breathing techniques can help for anxiety too, have a look for "Diaphragmatic breathing".

blue2
10-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Yes Mark Sircus OMD wrote a book called Transdermal Magnesium, Health Leads UK used to sell it. Ancient Minerals are good. Magnesium oil is a brine really and massaged into skin and i highly recommend the book on it and you can do warm foot soaks in bowl of water with 3 tablepoons of Mag Oil...

artmuzz
10-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Yes Mark Sircus OMD wrote a book called Transdermal Magnesium, Health Leads UK used to sell it. Ancient Minerals are good. Magnesium oil is a brine really and massaged into skin and i highly recommend the book on it and you can do warm foot soaks in bowl of water with 3 tablepoons of Mag Oil...

I have a tub of Magnesium Sulphate (Epsom Salt) that I used for constipation. Could I use that?

swamideva
10-12-2012, 05:13 PM

Nascent iodine is the same and cheaper, also look into Bicarbonate of soda, and hydrogen peroxide.

lu__
10-12-2012, 05:16 PM
I have a tub of Magnesium Sulphate (Epsom Salt) that I used for constipation. Could I use that?

Seems so, if it's food grade, never used it myself and I don't know what dosage etc.

lu__
10-12-2012, 05:18 PM

I have some mag oil, it's good stuff but I "itch" for 30 mins after rubbing it in so I rarely use it.

deetox
10-12-2012, 05:23 PM
If nothing else helps you might want to try some Tylenol 3's. Only available by prescription I think so to get some you'll need to make an appointment with your doctor or stop by a medical clinic.

For the long term I highly suggest you start flooding your body with shitloads of minerals. I suffered from severe toothaches and sensitivity for a long time and nothing really helped until I adopted a regimen of green smoothies, fresh veggie juices with lots of greens and raw milk. Start drinking those every day and your pain and sensitivity will gradually diminish and after a few months it should be completely gone.

swamideva
10-12-2012, 05:45 PM

No the magnesium needs to be pure, ancient minerals is the the best from Zechstein an ancient sea bed. Other types may be evaporated Dead Sea water and not pure.

You can make dirt cheap magnesium oil, by buying Magnesium bath flakes and watering it down. Just search for "how do i make magnesium oil"

Check out Dr Mark Sircus' blog for lots of good info on cheap natural available medicines.

Breathing is good for anxiety here is a link from, Dr Sircus,, he recommends the breathing device shown. They are available online in the uk.

http://drsircus.com/medicine/slow-steady-easy-breathing

plam
10-12-2012, 06:37 PM
For the long term I highly suggest you start flooding your body with shitloads of minerals.

This is the best advice. Also, always rinse you mouth
after you've eaten something.

swamideva
10-12-2012, 06:48 PM
I have some mag oil, it's good stuff but I "itch" for 30 mins after rubbing it in so I rarely use it.

i used to burn at first but i went away as i got used to it

bush doctor
10-12-2012, 06:55 PM

Try some tissue salts "new era" do all essential 12 tissue salts along with combination remedy's.

They have worked for me to great effect especially no1 calcium fluoride:eek:

There must be some elements of truth to sell a big lie ie fluoride occurs naturally and is good for teeth and bones, hence the Sodium fluoride bs.

No1 calcium fluoride will strengthen teeth and gums and combination R will give pain relief and replace tooth deficiency's.

These salts have been found non toxic at any dosage,you will only absorb what you are deficient.

I am not promoting the website below, posted for an overview of the new era tissue salts remedy's.
http://www.elixirhealth.co.uk/tissue-salts.asp

I have this pdf and the book.
http://www.seven-seas.com/library/biochemichandbook.pdf

hobo
10-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Absolutely, it's safest purest form of iodine, see www.magnascent.com and Dr Mark Sircus OMD (Dr of Oriental Medicine) he wrote books one on Iodine too. Diluted with water as i said. Google this info to learn about it.

Is Lugols iodine no good then?

artmuzz
11-12-2012, 12:34 PM
I finally moved to another dentist after not being happy with my dentist yesterday. The news I got from my new dentist was totally different. I ended up having to get the tooth extracted and I have atleast one other extraction plus a few other fillings to be done. So much for my previous dentist telling me my teeth were fine. It does go to show that every dentist has their own opinion. Hopefully my toothache has gone.

plam
11-12-2012, 12:40 PM
I finally moved to another dentist after not being happy with my dentist yesterday. The news I got from my new dentist was totally different. I ended up having to get the tooth extracted and I have atleast one other extraction plus a few other fillings to be done. So much for my previous dentist telling me my teeth were fine. It does go to show that every dentist has their own opinion. Hopefully my toothache has gone.

Maybe you were better off with
your previous dentist.

They told me I need an extraction last time I went
I still got my tooth. I allow nature to take its course.
Unless the tooth falls off on its own
I'm not touching it.

artmuzz
11-12-2012, 12:51 PM
your previous dentist.

I'm not touching it.

Yeah but I just couldn't put up with the pain any longer. It was hell. It is better out than giving me endless grief. The dentist told me that the other tooth I've to get extracted is actually a dead tooth.

scottishryan
11-12-2012, 01:19 PM
I have killed Tooth infections regularly by consuming garlic oil pills. 1000mg's x 4, 3 times a day for 3 days and its no chance of surviving. You need a pain killer while it sets to work though but try not over consume they are horrid on the liver et al.

I always keep garlic & garlic pills in the house. ;)

plam
11-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Yeah but I just couldn't put up with the pain any longer. It was hell. It is better out than giving me endless grief. The dentist told me that the other tooth I've to get extracted is actually a dead tooth.

I've got one so called 'death' tooth too
They wanted to get rid of it too.
Guess what? - the the dead soldier still does it's job.
It's never given me any trouble.
Sometimes I wonder why nature did not make the teeth like hair
Why do they need to have nerve sensitivity when all they do us grind food?

deetox
11-12-2012, 03:16 PM
your previous dentist.

I'm not touching it.

I take it you've never had a severe toothache then? Sometimes they can be the worst torture imaginable. I had one once that kept shooting extreme shocks of electric like pain up the side of my face and into my eye. Made it so bloodshot I swear damn near every blood vessel must have burst.

I couldn't even sleep because the pain got worse when I tried to sit or lie down. I literally had to stay on my feet pacing around the house for 3 days straight while I waited for my dentist appointment. Needless to say that was the absolute worst experience of my life and the only thing that finally gave me relief was having the tooth pulled.

I don't care what your ideals are I personally guarantee you would have your tooth pulled in the same situation, nobody can take pain like that. It also left my eye with permanent damage, ever since it happened I get periodic blurred vision and eyelid twitches. If I didn't get that tooth out when I did I'd probably be half blind right now.

Don't get me wrong I also like to let nature take its course but there are times when that just isn't an option.

blue2
11-12-2012, 03:21 PM

Ah but the reason it stings/itchy is due to fact you are low in Magnesium and if you use it regularly that stops once you are loaded...do foot soaks with it and all over body. apart from sensitive places of course.

blue2
11-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Is Lugols iodine no good then?

For some but it's not as pure that's why it is so cheap and MagNascent takes longer to make up. People really should buy Mark Sircus book Transdermal Magnesium and his Iodine one then there is a better understanding. With Lugols it has added in Potassium Iodide not just pure iodine so with some people it may not suit.

woodstock43
11-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Can i just recommend Neem? there is a company,Serendipity Herbals ( UK ) that sells toothpaste,bark and mouthwash with Neem as the main ingredient.I know someone who was told that due to prolonged gum disease they were to have all teeth extracted,after taking my advice and using the Neem products they have saved all teeth and have eradicated the gum disease!!

jon galt
11-12-2012, 03:36 PM
I take it you've never had a severe toothache then? Sometimes they can be the worst torture imaginable. I had one once that kept shooting extreme shocks of electric like pain up the side of my face and into my eye. Made it so bloodshot I swear damn near every blood vessel must have burst.

I couldn't even sleep because the pain got worse when I tried to sit or lie down. I literally had to stay on my feet pacing around the house for 3 days straight while I waited for my dentist appointment. Needless to say that was the absolute worst experience of my life and the only thing that finally gave me relief was having the tooth pulled.

I don't care what your ideals are I personally guarantee you would have your tooth pulled in the same situation, nobody can take pain like that. It also left my eye with permanent damage, ever since it happened I get periodic blurred vision and eyelid twitches. If I didn't get that tooth out when I did I'd probably be half blind right now.

Don't get me wrong I also like to let nature take its course but there are times when that just isn't an option.

A dead tooth has no nerve, it feels no pain...mine doest any way. but yeah tooth ache pretty bad

No one use whiskey for the pain? completely for medicinal purposes ofc... Works a treat tho.

I would recommend Balantines or Johnny Walker with a spot of hot water.

blue2
11-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Sounds nice Woodstock!! And to cap it off why not buy some handmade Neem Soap from Neals Yard Remedies !! lovely.

deetox
11-12-2012, 04:34 PM
A dead tooth has no nerve, it feels no pain...mine doest any way.

Thats not always true. The dead tissue inside the tooth can still get infected and lead to pain. That happened to one of my moms teeth recently. I just wish she had listened to me and not opted for a root canal. :(

jon galt
11-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Can i just recommend Neem? there is a company,Serendipity Herbals ( UK ) that sells toothpaste,bark and mouthwash with Neem as the main ingredient.I know someone who was told that due to prolonged gum disease they were to have all teeth extracted,after taking my advice and using the Neem products they have saved all teeth and have eradicated the gum disease!!

the oil is vile, but its good stuff, got rid of a mouth abscess for me.

jon galt
11-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Thats not always true. The dead tissue inside the tooth can still get infected and lead to pain. That happened to one of my moms teeth recently. I just wish she had listened to me and not opted for a root canal. :(

if the nerve going in to the tooth is dead it probably a gum infection/pain. like i say i get no pain from the actual tooth, pain some times but a good mouth wash stops it.

artmuzz
11-12-2012, 07:45 PM
A dead tooth has no nerve, it feels no pain...mine doest any way. but yeah tooth ache pretty bad

No one use whiskey for the pain? completely for medicinal purposes ofc... Works a treat tho.

I would recommend Balantines or Johnny Walker with a spot of hot water.

The tooth i got extracted today wasn't a dead tooth. It was the tooth that was giving me extreme pain. The pain has gone now since I got it extracted. My next tooth extraction will be on a dead tooth but I dont know why the dentist cannot just leave the tooth the way it is since it isn't giving me any pain but he told me that if I left the dead tooth alone then I could get gum disease.

artmuzz
11-12-2012, 07:51 PM
I've got one so called 'death' tooth too
They wanted to get rid of it too.
Guess what? - the the dead soldier still does it's job.
It's never given me any trouble.
Sometimes I wonder why nature did not make the teeth like hair
Why do they need to have nerve sensitivity when all they do us grind food?

That's interesting. The dentist told me that if I didn't get my dead tooth removed then it could cause gum disease. I am wondering if I could just tell him to leave it alone. I too sometimes wonder why teeth have to have nerves considering its used for grinding food.

jon galt
11-12-2012, 08:25 PM
The tooth i got extracted today wasn't a dead tooth. It was the tooth that was giving me extreme pain. The pain has gone now since I got it extracted. My next tooth extraction will be on a dead tooth but I dont know why the dentist cannot just leave the tooth the way it is since it isn't giving me any pain but he told me that if I left the dead tooth alone then I could get gum disease.

If your comfortable with it don't go. If on NHS they get paid per treatment. Stop going unless you feel you need to. Or get an independent professionals advice.

plam
11-12-2012, 08:38 PM
That's interesting. The dentist told me that if I didn't get my dead tooth removed then it could cause gum disease. I am wondering if I could just tell him to leave it alone. I too sometimes wonder why teeth have to have nerves considering its used for grinding food.

When they extract the tooth they create a hole
which is likely to get more easily infected as food well get trapped in there
i.e. they create more work for them.

Business as usual.

eagleeye
14-12-2012, 11:37 AM

"Cure Tooth Decay" by Ramiel Nagel. Read it. It should give you all the info about tooth health you will ever need. And if you follow and do what he suggests, you won't have problems with your teeth for the rest of your life. Most of the book is based on the findings of Doctor Weston Price. You could read Weston Price works if you want, but i think you won't need it.

And also, why do you use sodium fluoride toothpaste? It's a conspiracy and has no positive effects on teeth.

swamideva
14-12-2012, 11:43 AM
did you hear about the mediator, who refused, anesthetic at the dentists
he wanted to transcend dental medication:D:):cool::p

eagleeye
14-12-2012, 12:06 PM
did you hear about the mediator, who refused, anesthetic at the dentists
he wanted to transcend dental medication:D:):cool::p

I refused once anesthetic too, a while ago when i used to have problems with my teeth. I thought I could take it. At least it didn't sound that it will be painful. Well, let's say that everything went worse than expectation...:)

dolores1
14-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Make your own tooth paste and protect your health.

! tablespoonful each of the following
1 third coconut oil
1 third bicarbonate of soda - aluminium free!
1 third sea salt - good quality

Blend together and add a couple of drops of oil of mint for flavour.

Use a small sweet to keep it in for use.

Works a treat for healthy teeth and gums.

D.