PDA

View Full Version : Planes that make no sound at night leaving trails.

athousandlies
17-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Ok didn't know what sub forum to put this in tbh so I went with general.. Mods feel free to move it if need be.

Anyone in the UK (particularly around the time of Halloween), notice planes appearing and disappearing, moving around like a fighter plane would not some frikin virgin airlines travelling penis..

they leave a trail, they come back around in a circle... there will be like 1 or 2... maybe 3... and they flash a blinking light or two as well...

The aircraft make no sound.. is this normal at night time when planes you can normally hear by day?

Also... did anyone else notice like around 3 full moons in a row during Halloween period?... thats not supposed to happen is it?.. bit weird..

I got up on a hill to get a better view of the moon at night (this must have been about the 3rd night of full moon) and my dog didn't want to get closer to it for some reason.. just kinda got scared..

The clouds ere forming around the moon almost like a vortex... so very circular basically like you are looking "Through" the swirl of clouds at the huge moon..

The planes were leaving trails too... not like some ofte chemtrails you hear about in America but trails nonetheless... some slowly faded but the stay in place for a good 5 or 10 minutes (the trails)..

I was sticking my fingers up at the planes as you do... trying my best to get some kind of unwanted attention as it was just a pretty surreal night..

I ave also noticed stars being very bright just lately and a couple sort of flash or twinkle at me.... They appear stronger when I'm looking at them.. then they fade away again as I leave??? that doesn't make a lot of sense to me..

Explain?... ideas..

the_ascensionist
17-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Curious about the planes. That's good question.

In regards to the full moon on 3 days. It could be that on day 1 around 98 or 99% of the moon was illuminated. Day 2 100% and day 3 back to around 98%. It can look like a full moon, especially when there is a thin layer of cloud.

But the planes. Who knows.

On darker, clear winter nights the sky is much more visible and star light is much more apparant and the brighter ones will appear to twinkle and change colour due to the atmpshere distorting and scattering their light.

But one thing I suggest you do do! Go out when it is clear and dark and just stare up at the sky. You will see the faint white band of light that is the Milky away and if you look away from it long enough, you can just about make out billions of faint stars! It's amazing!

Matrix or not, it's still brilliant to look at :D

athousandlies
17-11-2012, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=the_ascensionist;1061143918]Curious about the planes. That's good question.

In regards to the full moon on 3 days. It could be that on day 1 around 98 or 99% of the moon was illuminated. Day 2 100% and day 3 back to around 98%. It can look like a full moon, especially when there is a thin layer of cloud.

Just the moon was massive too..

But the planes. Who knows.

Shouldn't we still be able to hear them at night?...
thing is... even the normal airline planes can't be heard for some reason.... but those planes that night.. they were "Circulating the area "Without a doubt".. just 2 or 3.

On darker, clear winter nights the sky is much more visible and star light is much more apparant and the brighter ones will appear to twinkle and change colour due to the atmpshere distorting and scattering their light.

But one thing I suggest you do do! Go out when it is clear and dark and just stare up at the sky. You will see the faint white band of light that is the Milky away and if you look away from it long enough, you can just about make out billions of faint stars! It's amazing!

Ill try that, but its feckin weird dude... they just sort of come out like "Ants" or something then they disappear "As I start to disappear"..

the_ascensionist
18-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Shouldn't we still be able to hear them at night?...
thing is... even the normal airline planes can't be heard for some reason.... but those planes that night.. they were "Circulating the area "Without a doubt".. just 2 or 3

Normally you should. Usually, the sound of the planes is not really then engines. The loud roaring comes from the disturbed air around it - turbulence. If there is an airport close by, they could circle it a few times if the runways are busy until they get the all clear.

You can hear the engines make a droning sound when they come into land. But they really aren't that loud. Take that beach somewhere in the world where you get 747's coming so low to land you could pretty much touch the underside of it. Most of that noise is turbulence.

But realistically, you should at least hear the drone of the engines if it is circling normally or flying linear to the runway at slow speeds. Erratic manouvers and high speeds cause the tubulent sounds.

I have heard the theory of holoplanes. While I doubt this could be the case, I am wondering are they some sort of military craft that can somehow silence itself. I know that military helicopters can go into "quiet mode" when on night ops. Not sure how that works but It could be something to do with the tail rotor.