PDA

View Full Version : Catuaba for insomnia/depression/impotence

boggumbap
27-02-2012, 05:33 PM
I've recently been trying different things for insomnia..valerian root and 5-htp both made me feel really drowsy in the morning so I stopped taking that. By chance I came across catuaba when I was ordering mucuna pruriens (for lucid dreaming:D) so I ordered some as well..(not expensive either - bonus)

Anyway I took a teaspoon of the powder to make a tea, and the next day I noticed I felt incredibly energetic, optimistic and social. Nevermind insomnia! Which it totally cured by the way, I took it again yesterday and I felt like I was on a gentle cuddly cloud. Again I woke up feeling great, energized and happy. Normally I feel quite disinterested and I thought this was just a symptom of 'waking up' or something else in my life that I had to work through. But now everything seems so clear.

I think it's mainly used for impotence and sex drive (it doesn't seem to have effected me in that way yet..but I'm a woman I'm not sure if it effects us the same:o) but it's also known to ease anxiety, depression and insomnia.

Anyone else tried it? Results?

harvy
27-02-2012, 06:37 PM
I've recently been trying different things for insomnia..valerian root and 5-htp both made me feel really drowsy in the morning so I stopped taking that. By chance I came across catuaba when I was ordering mucuna pruriens (for lucid dreaming:D) so I ordered some as well..(not expensive either - bonus)

Anyway I took a teaspoon of the powder to make a tea, and the next day I noticed I felt incredibly energetic, optimistic and social. Nevermind insomnia! Which it totally cured by the way, I took it again yesterday and I felt like I was on a gentle cuddly cloud. Again I woke up feeling great, energized and happy. Normally I feel quite disinterested and I thought this was just a symptom of 'waking up' or something else in my life that I had to work through. But now everything seems so clear.

I think it's mainly used for impotence and sex drive (it doesn't seem to have effected me in that way yet..but I'm a woman I'm not sure if it effects us the same:o) but it's also known to ease anxiety, depression and insomnia.

Anyone else tried it? Results?

cycle it, & other herbs, as in, take it every once a week,that way, you won't lose it potency, try this plan:

mon : catuaba
tues : yerba mate
Wed : ginkgo
Thurs : ginseng
fri : ashwagandha
sat : mucuna pruriens
sun : Maca

i get my lot from http://www.indigo-herbs.co.uk/index.html

happy lucid dreaming :):):)

boggumbap
27-02-2012, 10:09 PM
cycle it, & other herbs, as in, take it every once a week,that way, you won't lose it potency, try this plan:

mon : catuaba
tues : yerba mate
Wed : ginkgo
Thurs : ginseng
fri : ashwagandha
sat : mucuna pruriens
sun : Maca

i get my lot from http://www.indigo-herbs.co.uk/index.html

happy lucid dreaming :):):)

Thanks for that, I didn't think I'd need a break to avoid being desensitised to it. Darn, really want to take it everyday though..I'll check out some of those other herbs you recommended :D