PDA

View Full Version : Former staff of A4E witch Emma Harrison arrested

steppewar
22-02-2012, 05:20 AM
"Four people have been arrested in the fraud investigation surrounding David Cameron’s ‘back to work’ tsar Emma Harrison.
Officers carried out dawn raids on the homes of former staff of her employment agency A4e, which receives tens of millions every year in Government contracts.
The two men and two women were questioned on suspicion of cheating taxpayers."

This greedy bitch Emma Harrison paid herself £8.6 million last year, basically of taxpayers money. If she's so concerned with getting people jobs, why doesn't she get a proper one herself instead of being one of the biggest benefit scroungers in the UK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2104539/Four-staff-Camerons-work-tsar-arrested-major-escalation-fraud-inquiry.html

talktalk
22-02-2012, 08:49 AM
i saw this last night and i feel uncomfortable with what has been happening recently and i cant work out yet whether or not this is another massive diversion like notw.

maybe someone in another corporation have their daggers out for her back who knows? But its strange how this is happening and she is one of them..
The thing is that all of these companys or work programme suppliers are up to the same thing so i would expect more to come out dragging the lot of them into this....thats if it is genuine.

If its only A4E then i dont trust it.

steppewar
22-02-2012, 11:15 AM
i saw this last night and i feel uncomfortable with what has been happening recently and i cant work out yet whether or not this is another massive diversion like notw.

maybe someone in another corporation have their daggers out for her back who knows? But its strange how this is happening and she is one of them..
The thing is that all of these companys or work programme suppliers are up to the same thing so i would expect more to come out dragging the lot of them into this....thats if it is genuine.

If its only A4E then i dont trust it.

I posted on a previous thread that my brother who has just signed on point blank he refuses to do any courses or workfare. At present he is getting his JSA, the test will come in 3 months for him,(he got kicked of ESA).

As he owns his own house he doesn't have to worry about housing benefit. In 3 months I will start a thread about what happens to him when the workfare dagger appears.

elshaper
22-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Only arrested, not charged yet.

What about other similar companies like R -eeds and In -geus I wonder...

merla
22-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Possibly this is to take focus away from workfare, the backlash is so huge right now it's a big threat. Reminds me of when then home secretary Jaqui Smith was claiming all sorts of expenses that she shouldn't have while spear heading that awful we're watching you benefit cheats! campaign. Pot, kettle, black.

The entire department of work and pensions needs sorting out IMHO, they need to stop paying bonuses to the doctors that do the medicals when they fail people regardless of whether that decision goes to appeal and is over turned, it's really unfair to genuinely sick and disabled people that they have the stress of challanging the decision. Oh and they should make companies hire people on workfare rather than using them as slave labour for the allowed time then binning them off, if they want them at the reduced rate (IE free) then they should have to find them a real job at the end.

Sorry to hear about your brother, I'm appealing a decision myself right now. I can't leave the house on my own without panic attacks and being physically sick/vomitting but apparently I'm fit to work. :rolleyes: Don't you just love those wacky ATOS guys?

geewhizz
22-02-2012, 01:51 PM
I posted on a previous thread that my brother who has just signed on point blank he refuses to do any courses or workfare. At present he is getting his JSA, the test will come in 3 months for him,(he got kicked of ESA).

As he owns his own house he doesn't have to worry about housing benefit. In 3 months I will start a thread about what happens to him when the workfare dagger appears.

He will still get council tax benefit.

carole21
22-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Was Emma Harrison herself actually arrested? what I saw on the telly made it look like it was someone else who worked for A4E.

there has been a lot of publicity about the work programme, unfortunately the media has been very biased in reporting it which is a shame, it is still being portrayed as a good thing

elshaper
22-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Possibly this is to take focus away from workfare, the backlash is so huge right now it's a big threat. Reminds me of when then home secretary Jaqui Smith was claiming all sorts of expenses that she shouldn't have while spear heading that awful we're watching you benefit cheats! campaign. Pot, kettle, black.

The entire department of work and pensions needs sorting out IMHO, they need to stop paying bonuses to the doctors that do the medicals when they fail people regardless of whether that decision goes to appeal and is over turned, it's really unfair to genuinely sick and disabled people that they have the stress of challanging the decision. Oh and they should make companies hire people on workfare rather than using them as slave labour for the allowed time then binning them off, if they want them at the reduced rate (IE free) then they should have to find them a real job at the end.

Sorry to hear about your brother, I'm appealing a decision myself right now. I can't leave the house on my own without panic attacks and being physically sick/vomitting but apparently I'm fit to work. :rolleyes: Don't you just love those wacky ATOS guys?
BBC is doing its job to make it sound as if it's a fair program
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-17113667
Apprently, Tesco's CEO started job by stucking shelves (possibly just for a day?). blah blah blah...

merla
22-02-2012, 02:50 PM
BBC is doing its job to make it sound as if it's a fair program
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-17113667
Apprently, Tesco's CEO started job by stucking shelves (possibly just for a day?). blah blah blah...

I see they carefully avoided the reality for most people on workfare, there are two types of placements, one is completely mandatory and you will lose your benefits if you don't go, unsurprisingly it's called something like mandatory work placement. The other one you can back out in the first week but if you don't want to carry on after that then again you loose your benefits, that's the work experience one. And it's not just young poeple being sent on these things, it's everyone, regardless of qualifications.

Here's some charming real life examples from those who weren't as lucky as the guy they got to say how great his work experience was:

http://www.boycottworkfare.org/?page_id=31

Quote from a tesco's manager when asked if the person on placement would get a paid job: “Why would we pay you when we can pick up the phone and get more unemployed people who have to work for free?” :mad:

elshaper
22-02-2012, 02:54 PM
I see they carefully avoided the reality for most people on workfare, there are two types of placements, one is completely mandatory and you will lose your benefits if you don't go, unsurprisingly it's called something like mandatory work placement. The other one you can back out in the first week but if you don't want to carry on after that then again you loose your benefits, that's the work experience one. And it's not just young poeple being sent on these things, it's everyone, regardless of qualifications.

Here's some charming real life examples from those who weren't as lucky as the guy they got to say how great his work experience was:

http://www.boycottworkfare.org/?page_id=31

Quote from a tesco's manager when asked if the person on placement would get a paid job: “Why would we pay you when we can pick up the phone and get more unemployed people who have to work for free?” :mad:

Ordinary Joe Blogg will watch the propaganda video and think what's all the fuss is about without knowing details of the reality like yourself. That's the problem.

carole21
22-02-2012, 03:09 PM
I have noticed that the media seem to be demonising benefit claimants

merla
22-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Ordinary Joe Blogg will watch the propaganda video and think what's all the fuss is about without knowing details of the reality like yourself. That's the problem.

Yep, I've been having a huge debate with someone I've know my entire life (friend of my parents) about this. He thinks everyone on JSA is a scrounging, Jeremy Kyle type scum, benefit lifer and that workfare is the perfect solution, I've pointed out all the evidence to the contrary but it just doesn't go in. He's just started on with it's not compulsary... which it isn't if you don't mind being homeless and destitute. I told him about my experience with the DWP and being on incapacity benefit, having it taken away and being accused of lying and faking and having to reclaim under ESA which is less money, I just got failed again and if they don't allow my appeal I'll be expect to claim JSA... when I can't leave the house. That's the people he thinks can be trusted with workfare >_<

merla
22-02-2012, 03:17 PM

And the physically disabled, they aren't in pain, they don't really need wheelchairs/crutches or benefits, they all fake it and run marathons and play golf when noone is looking.

carole21
22-02-2012, 03:42 PM
This is terrible, what sort of county are we if we cant look after our sick. There are so many illnesses that dont always have external symptoms like lupus ms me , but are accompanied by extreme fatigue how do they assess this?

merla
22-02-2012, 03:56 PM
This is terrible, what sort of county are we if we cant look after our sick. There are so many illnesses that dont always have external symptoms like lupus ms me , but are accompanied by extreme fatigue how do they assess this?

Well... they ask you a bunch of questions about what you do in a day, some of which don't relate to your condition, all the while they have a computor screen in front of them that give you a score depending on what you say. It doesn't take into account that one day you might be able to get out of bed but not the next, it will just say you can get out of bed. If you're condition is physical they will examine you but these sharp eyed doctors have been caught saying people with amuplated limps had all their arms and legs and no problems using them. Terminally ill people are declared fit to work, people recovering from organ transplants, suicidal people that have made regualr attempts at taking their own life... The list is endless amd disturbing.

They try to trick you into saying you are more capable than you are because they get paid a bonus if they fail you even if you appeal and win against their decision. ATOS are notorious and hated by all disabled and sick people. ATOS kills is the banner the protestors walk under and I reckon they have at the very least contributed to people dying earlier than they would have if they'd been treated with the dignity and fairness all human beings deserve. But no, everyone on a benefit must be treated like a criminal with the onus on them to prove otherwise. :mad:

Sorry if I've taken this thread off track, just hearing about yet another person forced of ESA and onto JSA got me riled.

carole21
22-02-2012, 04:32 PM
I completely agree with you.

A4e were mentioned in the guardian a few years ago, another fraud in which I think they faked the signature of companies providing placements. i think that there should be a proper enquiry into the actions of this company and its fitness to deal with the public.

hiddensap
22-02-2012, 04:43 PM
My next appointment at ingeus is going to be very fun indeed.

I am on my 4th different advisor now at ingeus, I think it will change to 5th by next week :D

lumpy
22-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Fraud at A4e has been going on for years. According to this report:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/feb/22/a4e-repay-irregularities
A4e has previously had to repay public funds on five separate occasions after government investigations into fraud allegations found evidence of "irregularities".

It's beyond belief that A4e can go on operating for years, raking in hundreds of millions of pounds of tax payers money, while committing serious criminal offences. It's about time scam artist Emma Harrison was thrown in prison where she belongs.

killmicrosoft
22-02-2012, 05:14 PM
7 months and the idiots at the job center plus don't know what to do with me looks like they have failed.
I will post up soon the details of letters and conversations that I have had between the job center A4e ect.
I go way beyond human rights issues and use there own laws against them including ones that people properly have no idea exist.
Anyway I will post when I have a bit more time.

zephiloyd
22-02-2012, 05:39 PM
As I have said before, if anybody is stuck with this problem, go self employed, you can claim working tax credit, HB and CTB, ask about it at the job centre. Its a loop hole they don't want you to know about, no signing on, just yearly tax receipts. It won't suit everybody's situation but might suit yours. They may clamp down on that soon, but they may not.

elshaper
22-02-2012, 06:00 PM
While there is always gonna be someone who cheat and scrounge benefits, I'd say the definition of 'all claimants are scroungers' is inaccurate. Those believe in such idea can only be cured by ending up in the claimants' unfortunate circumstances e.g. unexpected illness, accidents etc Then they can really find out what it is like. If someone is on ESA and they have doctor or consultant formal diagnosis, are they also blaming the doctors for falsifying information!? :eek:

ATOS is a French/Dutch company. What's wrong with using our own?
I'm sure there are some dirty muck tucked under the banner of ATOS. Love someone to dig it up :D

Fraud at A4e has been going on for years. According to this report:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/feb/22/a4e-repay-irregularities
A4e has previously had to repay public funds on five separate occasions after government investigations into fraud allegations found evidence of "irregularities".

It's beyond belief that A4e can go on operating for years, raking in hundreds of millions of pounds of tax payers money, while committing serious criminal offences. It's about time scam artist Emma Harrison was thrown in prison where she belongs.
Completely agree. How are they allowed to go on committing crime :eek:
We demand public inquiry.

rubbersoul
22-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Having had an experience of the treatment from these work placement providers this week i started reading up about it all.....

My god... this is really scary stuff when you start looking into it.. the corruption.. the huge amounts of money this company receive...A4e... the fraud investigations.. and still they maintain the contract...

I feel sick to my stomach.... i want to get involved.. i want to fight back.. what can we do.

I got conned by the jobcentre advisor into signing up for Mandatory Work Activity as she said i could possibly get some good work experience.. now i don't begrudge that...

First call i receive from them... and i'm being spoken to like a benefit layabout.. when i volunteered.. when i said i couldn't attend the first day because i had a job interview they really started trying to work on me..
I received a call whilst in Tesco's shopping... the guy was literally shouting at me down the line saying 'you Will attend' ... 'i'm not asking you i'm TELLING you' it's was horrible and i was very shaken up afterwards not just from the treatment but the thought that this is how they are treating people.

And for God's sake surely a job interview is more important... therein lies the conflict of interest.. it was in their interest for me to attend the induction rather than attend a job interview where i might gain employment.

The placement was with Cancer Research... if we're working for free.. why can't we have work placements, that increase our skills, that help us find meaningful employment.

1984.... It's too late my friends it's already here.. we're fucked unless we fight back.

I can't believe this is how they are 'helping' people who through no fault of their own have become unemployed, as many are in these difficult times.

Surely being unemployed is punishment enough.. confidence low.. no life.. no hope.. no future...

And then these swine's stick the boot in... where do they get the right to treat and speak to people like this, i had to rearrange my interview the next day as i couldn't sleep for thinking about all of this stuff.

merla
22-02-2012, 06:41 PM
While there is always gonna be someone who cheat and scrounge benefits, I'd say the definition of 'all claimants are scroungers' is inaccurate. Those believe in such idea can only be cured by ending up in the claimants' unfortunate circumstances e.g. unexpected illness, accidents etc Then they can really find out what it is like. If someone is on ESA and they have doctor or consultant formal diagnosis, are they also blaming the doctors for falsifying information!? :eek:

ATOS is a French/Dutch company. What's wrong with using our own?
I'm sure there are some dirty muck tucked under the banner of ATOS. Love someone to dig it up :D

Completely agree. How are they allowed to go on committing crime :eek:
We demand public inquiry.

Pretty much. Or rather Doctor Bonus, who you may spend roughly 40 minutes with is more qualified to comment on your situation than your family GP that's known you and been treating your condition for years. In my incapacity benefit tribuneral they said they prefered Doctor Bonus's say so because I don't see my doctor enough for them to think he knows anything useful. Oh and my therapist was lying because she had a vested interest in backing me up because I had 3 more sessions left with her. And of course I was lying. And lazy. And didn't disagree with Doctor Bonus even though I was appealing the decision. Apparently you have to say it specifically that that's what you're doing or it doesn't count. They did give me one point for not being able to go out alone. How kind.

They also said I have a social life and don't find being with people difficult (more like hell on earth when I'm bad) because I can talk to my pets. I kid you not. They also ask why I don't work from home. Doing what? What jobs are there for severly depressed people with social anxiety disorder, very low moods and on some days absolutely no motivation to do anything and on other days crying like a baby and self harming? (Don't pity me, I'm just stating facts not looking for attention) I think she should go to the government, these magic work from home jobs that you can pull out of hat and make a living wage on could solve unemployment and fix the economy!

Seriously, a warning to anyone else going through this, get a local legal advisor, I had a naff one from the CLA phone line, they weren't even in my city, they did none of the work they said they would and left me to try and play the legal minefield of trick questions and misrepresenting what you say on my own. I have one from my local welfare rights this time and they're really helping and making sure I say the right things. However thought telling the truth could be so complicated?

killmicrosoft
22-02-2012, 07:35 PM
you don't need a legal advisor
it is unlawful on so many levals ,if only most people saw what is really going on.
there are laws outside the uk other than the human rights act that the uk are signatories to that makes this practice totally unlawful and illegal.

merla
22-02-2012, 07:59 PM
you don't need a legal advisor
it is unlawful on so many levals ,if only most people saw what is really going on.
there are laws outside the uk other than the human rights act that the uk are signatories to that makes this practice totally unlawful and illegal.

True but for most people (baring in mind they are ill or disabled in some way) the process is so overwhelming that they need help to steer it as quickly and with as little fuss as posible. It's free legal advise I should point out, they know the tricks and the hoops that you have to jump through that without knowing them will trip you up and get you failed. I had to appeal twice on Incapacity benefit, the first time I had a decent legal advicer, he did everything for me with input from me and we won. I guess I just lucked out on the second adviser, he was absolute pants. I found my adviser for my ESA appeal through my local welfare rights and he genuinely wants to help me and basically told me the lady doctor on my IB tribuneral is a nasty piece of work and he's dealt with her before.
But people need to be more vocal and make a fuss about all this, I'm planning on passing on what happened to me to a journalist that does a lot of stories on the dwp, atos and the total scandel of how they're treating poeple on disability/benfits in general as soon as I've got this appeal over with.

voynich
22-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Some help for people asked to go on work fare -

http://www.consent.me.uk/

http://www.boycottworkfare.org/

http://www.refusewp.com/

Interesting article on the future of welfare

http://ronsrants.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/the-death-of-the-welfare-state/#more-7028

elshaper
22-02-2012, 10:13 PM
rubbersoul,
What should you do? Yeah, join us and fight back to be treated like a human cos if nobody make noise, the corruption will continue.

I think making a note of what happened might come in handy in future. Also, making a recording of a telephone conversation or f2f interview with an advisor. Even if it doesn't stands in the court or anything at least you have some record. voynich has provided useful links. If you can, reverse the data protection which you have given away.

carole21
23-02-2012, 01:48 PM
i have been on the work programme since september, i see my ingeus adviser about once a month,so far she has alerted me to 3 vacencies, one for a job that I had already applied for, i have had one interview but haven got the job.

In order to get some of control I do really childish things, I threw the sink plug in the bin, I waste hot water by leaving the tap on pour their posh soap stuff down the sink, ask for everything possible to be printed, when she rings me at home I waste as much time as possible "looking for my diary" and missed my last appointment because I told her I had fallen and had a bad injury.
on the other hand I always turn up on time and keep asking for the personalised bespoken specialist service that will place me in appropriate work that i can keep over the long term,
i just do stuff to waste their time and resources it is pathetic but gives me a bit of a feeling of control

comma berenices
23-02-2012, 04:03 PM
I have my assesment at Lourdes (sorry Atos) tomorrow.

I really don't see the point of attending as my benefit monie's will be stopped in a year anyway as my husband works so we'll be over the new threshold of £7.500.

I will score 0 points as everybody seems too,it's all a bloody farce and i'm convinced corrupt just like A4E.

My mind is made up that i won't be signing any paperwork,i did'nt give my consent it was taken,on that basis they won't get my signiture.

Hopefully without it they won't be paid,or be able to carryout the assesment.

We'll see what happens.

elshaper
23-02-2012, 05:16 PM
A4E is unstoppable.
The firm behind a controversial 'back-to-work' scheme forced desperate jobseekers to take unpaid employment at their own offices or face having their benefits stripped, it has emerged.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105271/Back-work-firm-forces-jobseekers-work-FREE-offices.html#ixzz1nE5HSmAG
Now, this is an interesting one. The 'volunteers' get to use their puters? :D

comma berenices
23-02-2012, 07:08 PM
A4E is unstoppable.

Now, this is an interesting one. The 'volunteers' get to use their puters? :D

This one is even better:D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105486/Back-work-tsar-Emma-Harrison-steps-Government-role-firm-faces-second-fraud-inquiry.html

Now to close down A4E:D

merla
23-02-2012, 07:15 PM
I have my assesment at Lourdes (sorry Atos) tomorrow.

I really don't see the point of attending as my benefit monie's will be stopped in a year anyway as my husband works so we'll be over the new threshold of £7.500.

I will score 0 points as everybody seems too,it's all a bloody farce and i'm convinced corrupt just like A4E.

My mind is made up that i won't be signing any paperwork,i did'nt give my consent it was taken,on that basis they won't get my signiture.

Hopefully without it they won't be paid,or be able to carryout the assesment.

We'll see what happens.

I scored 9, they actually admit I'm ill, just not that ill, given that they declare people in comas and the terminally ill fit to work it's not that surprising is it? :rolleyes:

I think if you don't turn up they just cancel your claim or conduct the medical based on the form you filled in. Haven't got a clue if they'd still get a bonus for that though.

mmac900
23-02-2012, 07:49 PM
I have a question. Say that you are receiving jsa and housing benefits. If you lose your jsa because you dont want to take part in the mandatory work placement, will you still receive housing and council tax benefit?

merla
23-02-2012, 07:51 PM
I have a question. Say that you are receiving jsa and housing benefits. If you lose your jsa because you dont want to take part in the mandatory work placement, will you still receive housing and council tax benefit?

Yes, you will only loose JSA.

mmac900
23-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Yes, you will only loose JSA.

That is very good to know, thank you. If I ever find myself in this situation, which I relaly hope I do not, I will tell them to go fk themselves.

merla
23-02-2012, 08:01 PM
That is very good to know, thank you. If I ever find myself in this situation, which I relaly hope I do not, I will tell them to go fk themselves.

Hopefully all the campaigning and scandal will put an end to workfare. At least companies like Tescos have been forced to say things like they'll pay a proper wage if someone goes to them on it, they couldn't have people realise how unethical big business really is, they might loose customers!

Someone linked to boycott workfare in an earlier post, they have lots of information about what the real rules and regulations are. Here's the actual page for your conveniance :) (http://www.boycottworkfare.org/?p=280)

eternal_spirit
23-02-2012, 08:06 PM
There's not even work placements for many people on the work programme, the irony. So how do you get experience? Also no funding for most courses - if you wanna learn something and get a qualification.

merla
23-02-2012, 08:09 PM
*sigh* just received an email from benefits and work, apparently the wellfare reform bill will have a clause that will stop people being given ESA or DLA while they appeal a medical decision meaning they will have to claim JSA or live on thin air, does their inhumanity know no bounds?

l=Link to the full story on their site. (http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/latest-news/1530-no-esa-for-claimants-who-want-to-appeal?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Benefits%20and%20Work&utm_content=23+Feb+2012)

eternal_spirit
23-02-2012, 08:13 PM
*sigh* just received an email from benefits and work, apparently the wellfare reform bill will have a clause that will stop people being given ESA or DLA while they appeal a medical decision meaning they will have to claim JSA or live on thin air, does their inhumanity know no bounds?

l=Link to the full story on their site. (http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/latest-news/1530-no-esa-for-claimants-who-want-to-appeal?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Benefits%20and%20Work&utm_content=23+Feb+2012)
As it stands now or used to you would receive less ESA they knock off about £20 a week. I can't see this changing tbh.

merla
23-02-2012, 08:16 PM
As it stands now or used to you would receive less ESA they knock off about £20 a week. I can't see this changing tbh.

It still stands, I'm appealing right now and am on the lower rate, they want to stop it all together during appeals and make the process of actually appealing longer if they can though. Typical Tories :mad:

lumpy
23-02-2012, 08:18 PM
If you live in or near London, there's a protest tomorrow at the offices of A4e - Ingestre Court, W1F 0JL

More details at:

http://www.youthfightforjobs.com/wordpress/wordpress/?p=188

It's always good to keep up the pressure on scam artist scum like Emma Harrison!

There's an interesting statement from Sainsbury's here:

http://www.j-sainsbury.co.uk/media/latest-stories/2012/20120223_sainsburys-position-on-work-placement-programmes/

It seems that despite Sainsbury's repeatedly telling A4e that they want nothing to do with them, A4e continue to approach their stores.

Looks like A4e are involved in harassment as well as theft and fraud.

rubbersoul
23-02-2012, 11:05 PM
rubbersoul,
What should you do? Yeah, join us and fight back to be treated like a human cos if nobody make noise, the corruption will continue.

I think making a note of what happened might come in handy in future. Also, making a recording of a telephone conversation or f2f interview with an advisor. Even if it doesn't stands in the court or anything at least you have some record. voynich has provided useful links. If you can, reverse the data protection which you have given away.

Yes, i 've printed those forms already and am preparing to hand them in tomorrow.
Shall be interesting to see what they make of it...
There really are some pieces of work down at the local jobcentre... urgh if only i could slap the patronizing swine's.

talktalk
23-02-2012, 11:25 PM
i have been on the work programme since september, i see my ingeus adviser about once a month,so far she has alerted me to 3 vacencies, one for a job that I had already applied for, i have had one interview but haven got the job.

In order to get some of control I do really childish things, I threw the sink plug in the bin, I waste hot water by leaving the tap on pour their posh soap stuff down the sink, ask for everything possible to be printed, when she rings me at home I waste as much time as possible "looking for my diary" and missed my last appointment because I told her I had fallen and had a bad injury.
on the other hand I always turn up on time and keep asking for the personalised bespoken specialist service that will place me in appropriate work that i can keep over the long term,
i just do stuff to waste their time and resources it is pathetic but gives me a bit of a feeling of control

what area are you from carole cos i know a lot of people who are like banging their heads against a brick wall..

talktalk
23-02-2012, 11:31 PM

that is so interesting to know thankyou.

talktalk
23-02-2012, 11:33 PM
If you live in or near London, there's a protest tomorrow at the offices of A4e - Ingestre Court, W1F 0JL

More details at:

http://www.youthfightforjobs.com/wordpress/wordpress/?p=188

It's always good to keep up the pressure on scam artist scum like Emma Harrison!

There's an interesting statement from Sainsbury's here:

http://www.j-sainsbury.co.uk/media/latest-stories/2012/20120223_sainsburys-position-on-work-placement-programmes/

It seems that despite Sainsbury's repeatedly telling A4e that they want nothing to do with them, A4e continue to approach their stores.

Looks like A4e are involved in harassment as well as theft and fraud.

i hope you have signs pointing out that we want our money back!

phemohilia
24-02-2012, 12:13 AM
I received a call whilst in Tesco's shopping... the guy was literally shouting at me down the line saying 'you Will attend' ... 'i'm not asking you i'm TELLING you' it's was horrible and i was very shaken up afterwards not just from the treatment but the thought that this is how they are treating people.

The gall of some people, eh? They act like there aren't people in the world that will wait for them outside the building for when they get off and introduce Mr. Kneecap to Mr. Crowbar.... *tsk, tsk*

:cool:

dawnbreak
24-02-2012, 12:27 AM
She has resigned of Tzar of families ......she must be having a fucking laugh

She is evil .

I could speak all evening about my destest for Emma Harrison

Unfortunately though some here will never see how purely evil she was

vagrant
24-02-2012, 12:44 AM

She is evil .

Evil bitch, Cameron's protégées

she should be stripped of her CBE and made to pay back the 8 million she paid herself from public funds.

In return she deserves the honour of top benefits scrounger of all time.

rubbersoul
24-02-2012, 08:06 AM
The gall of some people, eh? They act like there aren't people in the world that will wait for them outside the building for when they get off and introduce Mr. Kneecap to Mr. Crowbar.... *tsk, tsk*

:cool:

I wish i could get hold of the swine.... fortunately at the time i manged to keep my anger in check just in case i can get a copy of the telephone call.. it puts them in an even worse light.

I have the freephone number for the office shall i post it here. Just in case anyone is passing a phone box and fancies some fun!

signalnorth
24-02-2012, 09:29 AM
I have eyt to hear anyone argue in this whole benefit debate that in fact
benefit claimaints are entitled to their benefit without work because they've either paid into the system or because their parents have.Would you say to somone yes you can have your operation but you will have do some work for it? No! well its no diffrent is it. We are not getting something for free, so why the hell is this side of the argument just rolling nover and allowing itself to be kicked?

Also, I have suggested here before that there is a very simple way of fighting back against workfare in supermarkets. Today i will be filling a large trolly at ASDA . On the way to the till I will have 2nd thoughts about their involvement in workfare and will leave the trolly and walk out, not before of course leaving a typed unsigned note explaining why I have done this. I'm doing this today, are you? Come on. Imagine how good it will make us all feel!
A fight back.

voynich
24-02-2012, 09:52 AM
I have eyt to hear anyone argue in this whole benefit debate that in fact
benefit claimaints are entitled to their benefit without work because they've either paid into the system or because their parents have.Would you say to somone yes you can have your operation but you will have do some work for it? No! well its no diffrent is it. We are not getting something for free, so why the hell is this side of the argument just rolling nover and allowing itself to be kicked?

Also, I have suggested here before that there is a very simple way of fighting back against workfare in supermarkets. Today i will be filling a large trolly at ASDA . On the way to the till I will have 2nd thoughts about their involvement in workfare and will leave the trolly and walk out, not before of course leaving a typed unsigned note explaining why I have done this. I'm doing this today, are you? Come on. Imagine how good it will make us all feel!
A fight back.

Good idea - every little protest is cumulative.

Watched Question Time last night and disgusted to see that everyone thought workfare for the under 25's was a good idea and not slavery. No one suggested that they get paid the minimum wage for their work. Even the audience seemed to be supporting them. When Dimbleby tried to point out that it may not be voluntary and that people could loose their benefits, none of the MP's or others said they knew anything about it and as far as they knew it was voluntary and you did not loose any money if you said no.

No mention that you could get continous blocks of 8 weeks work or that the disabled and ill will be moved on to so called charity volunteered work for their benefits perhaps indefinitely no time blocks for them.

signalnorth
24-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Forgot to say , as well as a leaflet on top of the now unwanted goods also put one leaflet at the bottom of the trolley before loading it up, that way the poor worker who has to unpack the trolley gets to read it and you can bet your bottom dollar it will then be mentioned over lunch to a number of people.

Let me know how you all get on.

carole21
24-02-2012, 01:40 PM
what area are you from carole cos i know a lot of people who are like banging their heads against a brick wall..

Im in the North west Talk Talk, I go to the work programme at Bootstrap in Blackburn

carole21
24-02-2012, 01:48 PM

She is evil .

she said she wantedd to contininue her work with vulnerable people- the bitch should not be anywhere near vulnerable people

rubbersoul
24-02-2012, 06:25 PM
She obviously wants to continue screwing vulnerable people up the ass.

This must be what she means by 'continue working with vulnerable people'

God i can't stand her sloppy fucking face and smile...really turns my stomach... and if you've seen that picture of her and her husband dressed up for a fancy dress party ... urghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

comma berenices
24-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Emma Harrison quits as chairman of A4e welfare-to-work firm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17161210

rubbersoul
24-02-2012, 07:28 PM
So she's out of work....
is she gonna sign on hahahahahaha

hmmmm no the bitch is loaded

velma
24-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Was Emma Harrison herself actually arrested? what I saw on the telly made it look like it was someone else who worked for A4E.

there has been a lot of publicity about the work programme, unfortunately the media has been very biased in reporting it which is a shame, it is still being portrayed as a good thing

David Cameron's "family champion" has quit as chairman of her welfare-to-work company A4e. Emma Harrison's resignation comes a day after she quit her role as the Prime Minister's back-to-work tsar amid a police probe into a string of fraud allegations against the firm - and the arrests of four former employees.

steppewar
25-02-2012, 02:39 AM

That should include Emma Harrison who has just lost her job as head of A4e. Although she won't need to sign on though, after having had a successful career as the UK's biggest ever benefit scrounger. Last year she stole £8.6 million of taxpayers money.

She has also just lost her voluntary government job, 4 of her ex staff have been arrested for fraud, A4e are being investigated.

Hopefully it won't be too long before the police arrest the chief witch herself. For a benefit fraud of the scale that she has done warrants a minimum 10 year prison sentence.

o_rourke
25-02-2012, 02:58 AM
That should include Emma Harrison who has just lost her job as head of A4e. Although she won't need to sign on though, after having had a successful career as the UK's biggest ever benefit scrounger. Last year she stole £8.6 million of taxpayers money.

She has also just lost her voluntary government job, 4 of her ex staff have been arrested for fraud, A4e are being investigated.

Hopefully it won't be too long before the police arrest the chief witch herself. For a benefit fraud of the scale that she has done warrants a minimum 10 year prison sentence.

Let's see if justice is served here and she gets what others get for her level of fraud.

What do you think?

Will she get 10 years in prison?

Somehow I doubt it very much.

Why?

Because she will become a potential whistleblower to the rest of the corrupt party that have profited immensely from this sham of a company.

So expect Cameron and co to bury this deep in their participation of takings.............and where the public will be fed bullshit of some deep misunderstanding where she serves some kind of community service sentence, whilst her exile to some other country with a percentage of the pie has already been agreed beforehand. :rolleyes:

lewi
25-02-2012, 05:33 AM
Cameron should be furious, his use of a spokeman on the whole affair shows how spineless he is to speak out agasint these people and others like them after receiving his backing.

elshaper
25-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Dear All,
I have been busy today and haven't had a chance to log on to comment but while I was out and about, I had a chance to glance at Daily Fail and was I pleased to see Mrs M yet again on the front page :D
All of a sudden, DM was a music to my ear for a change.

Family Champion Tsar Out of work!? Oh dear. :D

lumpy
25-02-2012, 09:54 PM
More damning revelations about Emma Harrison:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/feb/25/a4e-welfare-emma-harrison-properties

merla
25-02-2012, 11:50 PM
More damning revelations about Emma Harrison:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/feb/25/a4e-welfare-emma-harrison-properties

I don't advocate violence but if anyone has ever deserved a slap it's her. :mad:

voynich
26-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Looks as if the Government media spin is at it again attacking anyone who is against work fare.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/9105319/Workfare-provides-a-ladder-of-hope-from-despair-to-dignity.html

Protest the cuts and please sign and vote for -

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/20968

voynich
26-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Large online protest against workfare tommorrow at 7 pm for a week on facebook and twitter -

http://t.co/jVkXGSzx

http://www.facebook.com/events/373373192687532/

https://twitter.com/#!/Fight_Workfare

talktalk
26-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Dear All,
I have been busy today and haven't had a chance to log on to comment but while I was out and about, I had a chance to glance at Daily Fail and was I pleased to see Mrs M yet again on the front page :D
All of a sudden, DM was a music to my ear for a change.

Family Champion Tsar Out of work!? Oh dear. :D

Looks as if the Government media spin is at it again attacking anyone who is against work fare.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/9105319/Workfare-provides-a-ladder-of-hope-from-despair-to-dignity.html

Protest the cuts and please sign and vote for -

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/20968

Large online protest against workfare tommorrow at 7 pm for a week on facebook and twitter -

http://t.co/jVkXGSzx

http://www.facebook.com/events/373373192687532/

https://twitter.com/#!/Fight_Workfare

I am Sorry but I have a sickly feeling that all of this has been done by design and is part of their plan not only to destroy what is left of our job market but also to destroy the benefits sytem.
I have just started a thread on this PRS.
we are being played folks...
occupy wall st....PRS
London riots....PRS
NoTW.....PRS
etc,etc

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=202084

lumpy
26-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Stalin would blush at this governments workfare tantrum

http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2012/02/26/stalin-would-blush-at-this-governments-workfare-tantrum/

Don't forget there's a UK-wide day of action against workfare next Saturday 3 March. More details:

http://www.boycottworkfare.org/?p=359

talktalk
26-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Stalin would blush at this governments workfare tantrum

http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2012/02/26/stalin-would-blush-at-this-governments-workfare-tantrum/

Don't forget there's a UK-wide day of action against workfare next Saturday 3 March. More details:

http://www.boycottworkfare.org/?p=359

i fear that is a trap and being done by design.

lumpy
01-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Will this be the final nail in the coffin for A4e:

http://intensiveactivity.wordpress.com/2012/03/01/a4e-work-programme-performance-revealed/

It certainly should be. I can't believe what I'm reading.

voynich
01-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Will this be the final nail in the coffin for A4e:

http://intensiveactivity.wordpress.com/2012/03/01/a4e-work-programme-performance-revealed/

It certainly should be. I can't believe what I'm reading.

I hope it is but don't forget they are not the only company out there and
disabled people still face unlimited workfare and face sanctions, time limits, and workfare.

Protest and sign http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/20968 (http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/20968)</SPAN>

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/feb/29/workfare-nobody-loves-it-like-ministers?INTCMP=SRCH (http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/feb/29/workfare-nobody-loves-it-like-ministers?INTCMP=SRCH)
Join the online protest Online Protest Against Workfare – 5 Days of Action
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Online-Protest-Against-Workfare-Daily-Information-Page/281803231891193 (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Online-Protest-Against-Workfare-Daily-Information-Page/281803231891193)

dawnbreak
01-03-2012, 11:11 PM
voynich , I had been wondering if, whilst welcome, it isn't a bit of a convientant way to get rid of A4E now workfare are the 'chosen' supplier

elshaper
01-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Wow, the figures are shocking :eek:
How did they manage to keep the contract going for so long with such low success rate?
Obviously, it wasn't a performance based contract. She had it so easy.

http://workprogramme.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/a4e-performance.pdf

voynich
01-03-2012, 11:45 PM
voynich , I had been wondering if, whilst welcome, it isn't a bit of a convientant way to get rid of A4E now workfare are the 'chosen' supplier
Well they knew they were dodgy from the beginning. As the papers are owned and many people can be bought we can be sure that nothing happens by accident, so no doubt they have something else in mind.

Or perhaps with all the arguments over workfare they found it easier to get rid of A4E. However there are still other companies working at getting the over 25's and long termed unemployed and sick/disabled back into the work place or what passes for a work place as there are not enough jobs.

busa
02-03-2012, 12:01 AM
D'you reckon Camoron was nobbing her?

dawnbreak
02-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Well they knew they were dodgy from the beginning. As the papers are owned and many people can be bought we can be sure that nothing happens by accident, so no doubt they have something else in mind.

Or perhaps with all the arguments over workfare they found it easier to get rid of A4E. However there are still other companies working at getting the over 25's and long termed unemployed and sick/disabled back into the work place or what passes for a work place as there are not enough jobs.

I know ....it is an empitamy of stupidness to pay people , from public money salaries, to try and stop other people getting £67 a week from public money :confused:

And the fact that most of the 'Advisors' work on commission is laughable

It really does make me angry

o_rourke
02-03-2012, 01:11 AM
D'you reckon Camoron was nobbing her?

Well I know he's a nob, but does he have a nob? :p

o_rourke
02-03-2012, 01:12 AM
I know ....it is an empitamy of stupidness to pay people , from public money salaries, to try and stop other people getting £67 a week from public money :confused:

And the fact that most of the 'Advisors' work on commission is laughable

It really does make me angry

Bstds won't be happy until we're starving and begging on the streets.

carole21
02-03-2012, 01:35 PM
I am sick of being exploited by the scheme, sick of jcp sick of being told what to do and sick of applying for jobs that dont exist and I am not sure how much more of this i can take.

elshaper
02-03-2012, 02:41 PM
I am sick of being exploited by the scheme, sick of jcp sick of being told what to do and sick of applying for jobs that dont exist and I am not sure how much more of this i can take.
Please don't feel defeated or give up hope. You are certainly not alone. Something's got to give as in tipping point and we must carry on voicing. Little victory at a time but moving forward. Problem means an opportunity to toss it up. :D Might as well use the leverage of power now. We must stay united and fight for our rights to be...just human :D Govt seems powerful but they are out numbered by us. :D Play the game if you must. ;)

lumpy
02-03-2012, 04:44 PM
The £5 Billion Workfare Scheme That Still Exists and May Be Increasing Unemployment!

http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2012/03/02/the-5-billion-workfare-scheme-that-still-exists-and-may-be-increasing-unemployment/

carole21
03-03-2012, 12:26 PM
i had to do 13 weeks mandatary voluntary work this time last year under the last scheme they had, I really enjoyed it , but i believe that it has taken me from being unemployed to
being unemployable. Because I was on this scheme I was treated with less respect than I deserve by some of the workers there (i find this hard to explain). It has lowered my confidence, affected my health and canged my attitudes. the point is it did not help me find work and was damagingon a personal level, and has left me feeling angry bitter and quite hopeless.

The media have dealt with the A4E business very badly, there is a lot of obvious obsfurcation and anyone trying to expose the whole truth about it is diverted and shut up quick

elshaper
09-03-2012, 07:07 PM
A4e is in the news again. Popular by demand :D

An investigation into an allegation of attempted fraud against welfare to work company A4e has been launched by the Department for Work and Pensions.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17310557

talktalk
09-03-2012, 08:12 PM
A4e is in the news again. Popular by demand :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17310557

I have watched this very very closely and what I get from this is one massive chill because it is a con.
there are no jobs and system has been looted....no_1 job done.
secondly they need an excuse to get rid of the 3500 staff who they will blame for the fraud and WILL go into receivership out of business laying off 3500 staff.

And nothing will happen to the shareholders or directors.

eternal_spirit
09-03-2012, 08:16 PM
What about ingeus do you think that will close down eventually?

elshaper
22-03-2012, 07:53 PM
"Leaked document suggests 'systematic fraud' at A4e"

"This appears to be devastating evidence of systemic fraud within A4e. Either A4e failed to act or to inform DWP, or they did inform DWP and the department failed to investigate properly.

"Whichever, it is completely unacceptable. Once again, I am urging the department to suspend all its contracts with A4e immediately."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17476415

awww, Mrs Harrison, jail time is near?

elshaper
23-03-2012, 02:52 PM
"New evidence emerges of A4e alleged fraud"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17483842

"Margaret Hodge: A4e contracts must be suspended"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17484383

stevie0013
23-03-2012, 02:59 PM
A couple days before this fraud news & forgery broke Nick Clegg said in parliament if any such evidence was produce the government would terminate there contract with A4E, but then again when Has Nick Clegg’s word ever counted for shit, he's kinda lost he's credibility but still it's possible that anyone on that programme will not be on it much longer. I hate the place, it's a business, there making money out of people’s poverty and misery, hope they all lose there jobs :D

elshaper
23-03-2012, 03:15 PM
It's uncanny isn't it :rolleyes:
You could soon be rubbing shoulders with those that's been gaving you unfair agro.