PDA

View Full Version : Have You Appeared On TV ?

not amused
18-02-2012, 10:54 PM
If so tell us about it, this is my TV 15 minutes of shame :o
about 8 years ago me and some mates, mostly in our 40s went to a music pub in Ipswich to see a UB40 tribute band, we had a few beers before arriving at said venue, as the pub landlord was an old mate we received a warm welcome, we also noticed a TV camera and crew were there all set up and testing their lights and equipment, one of my mates asked them who they were and he was told they were from Sky 1 making a documentary about music at grass roots level, ok so far, we drank a few more beers and when the band started playing we were in fine fettle singing and dancing, quite badly, towards the end the band played "a message to you rudy" we had our tops off and were well dancing and getting into it, end of the night we got a cab home a decided it was a damned good crack.
6 weeks later the program was aired on Sky1, but it wasn't called music at grass roots level at all, it was aired under the title of "Britains Hardest Pubs"
and yours truly was featured on the opening credits and a hell of a lot of scenes through out the program, the editing made us look like a bunch of thugs, although we came as group from the British Legion, the landlord was livid and wanted to sue but the costs were too much, the brewery also sacked him, anyway thanks Sky for making me look a complete knuckle dragging moron, this program was continually repeated for a year and all the time I getting people saying "I saw you on TV last night" and then take the piss, I bet its on you tube some where still being watched :D

Infinite I
18-02-2012, 11:00 PM
That's hilarious :D

I was on funhouse but not as a contestant, the contestants had to put slime pies on our head to get points, the slime stained my bayern Munich top I was so proud of, I was raging! lol

quietgirl
19-02-2012, 02:02 AM
I was on telly once - on Edward de Bono's "Thinking Course", with a group of kids from my school, way back in 1981! I was in the audience, and there was an embarrassing close-up of me with my hair in two bunches tied up with bobbles, and tortoiseshell-rim NHS glasses lol! :D:o

I need not add that fame didn't beckon for me...!

Mandy

pheony
19-02-2012, 02:09 AM
Yes Twice. Once standing around looking stupid at a street party.:o The other time in Boots the Chemist for a news article...being told "act naturally and don't look at the camera".:D

rosie789
19-02-2012, 02:14 AM
I was on telly once - on Edward de Bono's "Thinking Course", with a group of kids from my school, way back in 1981! I was in the audience, and there was an embarrassing close-up of me with my hair in two bunches tied up with bobbles, and tortoiseshell-rim NHS glasses lol! :D:o

I need not add that fame didn't beckon for me...!

Mandy

Aww. Same here, I appeared 10 or so years ago as a kid viewing a roman mosaic. I found it very embarrasing but looking back I was sort of cute. Where did it all go wrong? :( :D

digitalgain
19-02-2012, 03:43 AM
I have been on TV, It was an episode of Crimewatch :D :D

pheony
19-02-2012, 03:46 AM

:D

blackyblue
19-02-2012, 03:56 AM

So you was the lowlife that stole that blind womans dog !!

thoreau
19-02-2012, 03:59 AM
Been on tv a couple of times - Was interviewed by the bbc talking about housing benefit delays leading to notices seeking possession and eviction.

Also interviewed for a local tv network after winning an art competition as a kid and I appeared on a gardening programme.

bikerdruid
19-02-2012, 04:06 AM
i've been on a few times.
i was in local politics for a few years, and i was interviewed on community tv years ago.

angelchemuel
19-02-2012, 07:12 AM
Twice.
first time about 1975 BBC Wales broadcast me dancing live at the National Eisteddfod of Wales. The first time that category had appeared and I am proud to say I won.

second time was on Nationwide...remember that one??!! Again live interview with a fellow student by Frank Bough. We were raising money for charity by trying to set a brand new world record for watching the same movie. Again I am pleased to say we did...we watched M.A.S.H the movie for 26 hours...mad student days!

Rainbows
Jane

batou
19-02-2012, 07:18 AM
my mum had a photograph of me up on the tv. not anymore.

featheredfish
19-02-2012, 07:22 AM
my mum had a photograph of me up on the tv. not anymore.
Since you stole her TV? :mad:

featheredfish
19-02-2012, 07:25 AM
I was in a documentary when I worked with kids excluded from school and on a lorryback playing samba percussion in a Children In Need thingie.

batou
19-02-2012, 07:26 AM
i'm the bad son

martg
19-02-2012, 07:29 AM
pulled a sickie at work one day to avoid being on TV.
does that count?

chris
19-02-2012, 08:14 AM
about 8 years ago me and some mates, mostly in our 40s went to a music pub in Ipswich to see a UB40 tribute band, we had a few beers before arriving at said venue, as the pub landlord was an old mate we received a warm welcome, we also noticed a TV camera and crew were there all set up and testing their lights and equipment, one of my mates asked them who they were and he was told they were from Sky 1 making a documentary about music at grass roots level, ok so far, we drank a few more beers and when the band started playing we were in fine fettle singing and dancing, quite badly, towards the end the band played "a message to you rudy" we had our tops off and were well dancing and getting into it, end of the night we got a cab home a decided it was a damned good crack.
6 weeks later the program was aired on Sky1, but it wasn't called music at grass roots level at all, it was aired under the title of "Britains Hardest Pubs"
and yours truly was featured on the opening credits and a hell of a lot of scenes through out the program, the editing made us look like a bunch of thugs, although we came as group from the British Legion, the landlord was livid and wanted to sue but the costs were too much, the brewery also sacked him, anyway thanks Sky for making me look a complete knuckle dragging moron, this program was continually repeated for a year and all the time I getting people saying "I saw you on TV last night" and then take the piss, I bet its on you tube some where still being watched :D

Man that's one of the best stories I've heard in a while hahaha:D Which episode was it?

nirvana
19-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Yes been in alot of films;)

Sadly only as an extra or one or two words:mad:

But my time will come:)

The last film I as in was stuart a life going backwards. Ive also been in the bill on 4 occasions sadly just part of a crowd thoe:o

chris
19-02-2012, 08:26 AM
pulled a sickie at work one day to avoid being on TV.
does that count?

Haha, why was they filming at your work? I'd hate to be filmed at work and would refuse permission but I probably wouldn't bunk a day off because of it.

martg
19-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Haha, why was they filming at your work? I'd hate to be filmed at work and would refuse permission but I probably wouldn't bunk a day off because of it.

It was some sort of documentary about british manufacturing or something, I never found out the details or watched the program.

I don't even like being in groups let alone being broadcast across the country :eek:

digitalgain
19-02-2012, 10:32 AM

No money in TV's anymore, Even LCD's are 10 a penny in Crack Convertors and if you still have a CRT then you will have to pay someone to take it off your hands lol

babybumasylum
19-02-2012, 10:52 AM
I was on my mums telly until she got one of these LCD things, she can't get my picture to balance on it.

But no I've never been on telly or radio or done one of these you tube vids i am truly an unknown and love it that way!

ndc777
19-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Why not go and stand here? Then you can say that you've been on Telly.

http://www.death2ur.com/tellysavalasgravecontext.jpg

not amused
19-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Man that's one of the best stories I've heard in a while hahaha:D Which episode was it?I can't remember chris, I even got the name of the program wrong in the op, it was called Britians Toughest pubs, I checked YT and there were 5 programs made, the pub we were in was The Hare & Hounds, Ipswich, I have just also remembered that there was a close up of me showing the camera my tattoo, the tattoo is on my arse :o, so my arse was beamed around the world on satellite :D I found this clip from the local rag.

A PUB once branded as one of the toughest in Britain is set to be transformed into a bridalwear shop.

The Hare and Hounds in Norwich Road, Ipswich, which closed two weeks ago, has been bought by the owners of nearby Coes, and is set to undergo a major development.

The pub featured in the Sky One series Britain’s Toughest Pubs in 2004, appearing alongside a string of rough, dirty and dangerous pubs.

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ipswich_hare_hounds_pub_set_to_become_bridalwear_s hop_1_987997

dolores1
19-02-2012, 02:11 PM
A few times, once winning an art and poetry competition, once a college debate and once on the news. That was about exposing scam invoices.

fratoue
19-02-2012, 02:38 PM

Haha seen that back in the day, ugh Sky one perfect NWO TV it's so dumbed down it's incredible though Pick TV is worse. After 10pm most of their shows are about stag do's, sex sea and no parents or "Boozed up Brits abroad", all of which are vulgar and stupid beyond belief with morons running around Prague and Eastern Europe dressed as women pissed out of their minds in the Irish pubs at 2 o clock in the day, real culture vultures eh!. If anyone needs proof of the dumbing down look at pick TV at night, case closed!

My question is the people who make these TV shows what market are they aiming at, I mean they must think humanity is braindead gorillas who wlll sit and watch any old shite, and sadly most will!

fear and clothing
19-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Mostly extra work which can be really boring.

I did 1 episode of 'How we used to live' dressed as a victorian schoolboy.
1 Calor Gas commercial covered in fake mud and working with John Craven!
1 movie called 'Fanny and Elvis' dressed as Freddy Krueger for a New Years Eve street party scene and also sitting in a pub.
A few episodes of Hollyoaks (totally fucked up the shot by looking directly into the camera) and Coronation Street.

I think my favourite experiences involving the world of tv and film would be smoking a bowl of weed in the dressing room for 'This is your life' and going for a pub lunch with Chris Barrie (of Red Dwarf and Brittas Empire).

Oh and a pretty cool synchronicity happened when I visited the set of a film that my Mum was working on in Oxford a couple years ago! An actor on set noticed my '9/11 inside job' bumper sticker and got talking, turns out he's a member of this forum :) Also the village in question is where David Kelly lived, all the villagers said they believed he was murdered but daren't speak out about it!

not amused
19-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Mostly extra work which can be really boring.

I did 1 episode of 'How we used to live' dressed as a victorian schoolboy.
1 Calor Gas commercial covered in fake mud and working with John Craven!
1 movie called 'Fanny and Elvis' dressed as Freddy Krueger for a New Years Eve street party scene and also sitting in a pub.
A few episodes of Hollyoaks (totally fucked up the shot by looking directly into the camera) and Coronation Street.

I think my favourite experiences involving the world of tv and film would be smoking a bowl of weed in the dressing room for 'This is your life' and going for a pub lunch with Chris Barrie (of Red Dwarf and Brittas Empire).

Oh and a pretty cool synchronicity happened when I visited the set of a film that my Mum was working on in Oxford a couple years ago! An actor on set noticed my '9/11 inside job' bumper sticker and got talking, turns out he's a member of this forum :) Also the village in question is where David Kelly lived, all the villagers said they believed he was murdered but daren't speak out about it!thats quite impressive, I was friends with a quite well known actress, man she liked a drink and smoke, she told me a few stories about what goes on in the world of showbiz, name dropping some very well known people.
I was on talk radio years ago before it was talk sport, I was giving James Whale some drunken verbal diarrhoea and he cut me off lol

quietgirl
19-02-2012, 03:46 PM
No money in TV's anymore, Even LCD's are 10 a penny in Crack Convertors and if you still have a CRT then you will have to pay someone to take it off your hands lol

LOL! Never heard Cash Converters called that before! I like it! :D

Mandy

mr fiddler
19-02-2012, 04:24 PM
I was a struggling actor some years ago, one of my first roles was in an 80īs Kwick-fit advert, in which myself, plus my supporting cast, performed the "can-can" with our arms folded, while singing "ya cant get better than a kwick-fit fitter"

it was quite a demanding role, infact i recall taking the "method" approach to the role, spending almost 2 weeks prior to the shoot, solidly changing the wheels on my ford Cortina .

my other notable appearance was in an early 90īs Allied Carpets campaign, where myself and fictitious wife were caressing instore, deep shag carpet samples, played to a night to remember" by Shalamar.

Again i took the "method" approach to the role, and worked with the Allied carpet fitters, to get into the role.... it was so great, i stayed on as a carpet fitter for the next 17 years.

not amused
19-02-2012, 05:34 PM
I was a struggling actor some years ago, one of my first roles was in an 80īs Kwick-fit advert, in which myself, plus my supporting cast, performed the "can-can" with our arms folded, while singing "ya cant get better than a kwick-fit fitter"

it was quite a demanding role, infact i recall taking the "method" approach to the role, spending almost 2 weeks prior to the shoot, solidly changing the wheels on my ford Cortina .

my other notable appearance was in an early 90īs Allied Carpets campaign, where myself and fictitious wife were caressing instore, deep shag carpet samples, played to a night to remember" by Shalamar.

Again i took the "method" approach to the role, and worked with the Allied carpet fitters, to get into the role.... it was so great, i stayed on as a carpet fitter for the next 17 years.:D classic, which one are you mr fiddler ?

You can get better than a kwik fit fitter - YouTube

digitalgain
22-02-2012, 12:51 AM
LOL! Never heard Cash Converters called that before! I like it! :D

Mandy

I cannot take credit for that witticism,
I honestly cannot recall where i heard it but it made me laugh and i have used it ever since :)