PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here ever refused a police caution?

mrunhappy
15-06-2011, 09:52 AM
if so, what happened?

hadabusa
15-06-2011, 09:54 AM
whats a police caution?

i refused many,many ploice things.

porridge
15-06-2011, 10:05 AM
if so, what happened?

They take you out the back, pull down your pants & give you a proper spanking.

Youde love it Mr.

ragnarok
15-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Yes. It's called "running away".

What happened? Sometimes I got caught, and sometimes I got away. I never said it wasn't a risky tactic!

dawnbreak
15-06-2011, 10:20 AM
i don't think you can refuse a police caution :confused:

you could stick your fingers in your ears and go 'lalalalalalalala im not listening' and pretend you didnt hear it ..........but i don't think you can refuse it :confused:

mrunhappy
15-06-2011, 10:21 AM
you buggers. i need a serious answer!

vetis
15-06-2011, 10:24 AM
https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/q562.htm

If the person refuses the caution then they will normally be prosecuted through the normal channels for the offence.

Although it is not technically classed as a conviction it can be taken into consideration by the Courts if the person is convicted of a further offence.

Cautions are now covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 so will become spent immediately (apart from conditional cautions which will become spent after 3 months). This means that if you are asked on an application form if you have a caution you can reply 'no'. For conditional cautions it would be after 3 months since the caution was issued, up until that time you would have to reply 'yes'.

les_paul_robot
15-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Yep.
I went to the pig hangout where I got read out my caution and was asked to sign it and I said no thanks and walked out.
I hadn't committed the offence written down on it.
It went to a magistrates court where the bastards changed it to something less likely to get out of. Only got a conditional discharge after pleading guilty. Bastards.

griffinman
15-06-2011, 11:41 AM
I will not contract with you..
I will not....SMACK contract with the truncheon either...

lakkimakki
15-06-2011, 12:14 PM
if so, what happened?

I was sitting on the stairs ..... police guy told me ....get up.. its not allowed to sit there.... i told him - go F#@k yourself-. The guy just started walking further.

But that always happens when im not fully awake.:) I usually always respect police.

rreeve
15-06-2011, 12:44 PM
A caution is just the police warning you that they can take further action against you if you continue doing what your doing. You can't technically refuse a caution because a warning is just a verbal warning at the end of the day. You can refuse to sign the paperwork which will most likely piss the officer off who is probably thinking they are doing you favour but its 50/50 how they will react to this. More than likely they will still file it under a caution because going back on this will require a load of paperwork and court appearances which isn't in their best interests seen as its such a minor issue where they wanted to issue a caution.

Also, from my experience the Police do not like people getting away with something when they are sure they have the right person and because of this, if the CPS say there isn't enough evidence to prosecute, instead of just releasing the person with no charge like they're supposed to, they will instead give the person a caution so its all on record. I know of at least three times when this has happened with people and its disgusting really.

The police also have common terms they use such as 'DNP' which stands for 'Detected Not Prosecuted' where this is technically the police acting as judge and jury and classifying someone as the GUILTY perpetrator of a crime but they didn't have enough evidence to prosecute them. Another common term they often use that's along the same lines is 'NFA' which in this case stands for 'No Further Action' and is used in a similar nature to DNP.

:)

dreamweaver
15-06-2011, 01:17 PM
i don't think you can refuse a police caution :confused:

You can... but they could then charge you. It depends how confident they are that they have sufficient evidence to press formal charges.

lakkimakki
15-06-2011, 01:28 PM
It also depends if its male or a female. If its some sexy looking female agent, then of course i would resist. I like it when babe dominates me. (turns me on:o).

dawnbreak
15-06-2011, 01:36 PM
You can... but they could then charge you. It depends how confident they are that they have sufficient evidence to press formal charges.

or if you were covered in bees ............try and arrest somoneone covered in bees

Eddie Izzard - Covered In Bees - YouTube

cantata
15-06-2011, 01:37 PM
A caution is just the police warning you that they can take further action against you if you continue doing what your doing. You can't technically refuse a caution because a warning is just a verbal warning at the end of the day. You can refuse to sign the paperwork which will most likely piss the officer off who is probably thinking they are doing you favour but its 50/50 how they will react to this. More than likely they will still file it under a caution because going back on this will require a load of paperwork and court appearances which isn't in their best interests seen as its such a minor issue where they wanted to issue a caution.

Also, from my experience the Police do not like people getting away with something when they are sure they have the right person and because of this, if the CPS say there isn't enough evidence to prosecute, instead of just releasing the person with no charge like they're supposed to, they will instead give the person a caution so its all on record. I know of at least three times when this has happened with people and its disgusting really.

The police also have common terms they use such as 'DNP' which stands for 'Detected Not Prosecuted' where this is technically the police acting as judge and jury and classifying someone as the GUILTY perpetrator of a crime but they didn't have enough evidence to prosecute them. Another common term they often use that's along the same lines is 'NFA' which in this case stands for 'No Further Action' and is used in a similar nature to DNP.

^^ Excellent answer.

So, yes you can refuse a caution (you will actually be asked if you are prepared to accept a caution, that's when you can say "No"):D But a lot of people accept a caution if they actually did what the police have nabbed them for.

Those who really haven't done wrong, or whose standing/profession might be damaged by a criminal record are the ones most likely to refuse the caution and go forward to fight a court case...

.... not that they get much say in there either, as it turns out :(

kanz
15-06-2011, 01:47 PM
or if you were covered in bees ............try and arrest somoneone covered in bees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs-tl6GBOBo

Or you could take the jimmy boyle way , like in "a sense of freedom"

dreamweaver
15-06-2011, 01:54 PM
^^ Excellent answer.

So, yes you can refuse a caution (you will actually be asked if you are prepared to accept a caution, that's when you can say "No"):D But a lot of people accept a caution if they actually did what the police have nabbed them for.

Those who really haven't done wrong, or whose standing/profession might be damaged by a criminal record are the ones most likely to refuse the caution and go forward to fight a court case...

You say it's an "excellent answer", and most of it is useful information, but I'm really not sure about the statement: "You can't technically refuse a caution because a warning is just a verbal warning at the end of the day."

Accepting a police caution is viewed by the authorities as an admission of guilt and is treated as such on your record. This is why nobody should ever accept a police caution if they did not commit the offence.

2soks
15-06-2011, 01:57 PM

yes,but smearing sh*t all over the place MUST be used as a last resort lmao

blackyblue
15-06-2011, 02:38 PM
if so, what happened?

You can ask to see FACE. Thats, Factual And Calaborated Evidence.

For example, if you are taken into the back of a police car for speeding you can refuse to accept the caution and ask to see face. Do not ask if he has evidence. Always use the word FACE.
Once you have asked to see face the police officer has to call the office and have a face report sent to the vehicle. This could take 30minutes.
reading the face report takes about 20minutes, and when you have read and understood it you are supposed to sign at the bottom. What you can try do is read it really slowly, and after one hour you say 'sorry, there are still things about face i dont understand, i must read it again'. What you are hoping for is that a more serious crime will come in meaning the police officers will have to let you go.
Also, it is not a crime to leg it as long as you have not already been arrested. If you leg it after you have been read your rights then you are escaping police custody which is a crime.

But anyway, why refuse a caution? it only lasts for 3 months

dawnbreak
15-06-2011, 02:52 PM

the guy that shagged his psychatrist then became a world ronound artist...........as if :rolleyes:

pri01
15-06-2011, 04:04 PM
My husband was asked to accept a caution for something he absolutely did not do and he refused to accept. They had no grounds to charge him with anything and he was allowed to leave with his good name still intact.

blackyblue
15-06-2011, 04:27 PM
My husband was asked to accept a caution for something he absolutely did not do and he refused to accept. They had no grounds to charge him with anything and he was allowed to leave with his good name still intact.

Yes. The police can hold you for six hours without charge. In that six hours if they have no f.a.c.e then they will try get a guilty plea out of you.
I was stupid enough to get arrested one day for a slight domestic dispute. I had something very important to do that day. A very ill person was lying on a death bed in critical state and i had just lost the lease on the persons abode. As if the person needed my more bad luck due to my irresponsibility huh. But i managed to rectify the situation at the last minute. The Edinburgh council found an agency that agreed to give me a property for this person at the back of St Leaonards police station. I could not believe my lucky stars. This is a good area with good sand-blazed flats right in the heart of the City centre. Ya beauty. I woke up at 10am on the day of eviction and was to pick up and sign for the keys at 14:00pm. At 10:30am i opened the door on my way out and nearly got smacked in the face by two boys in blue about to knock on my door.
I got arrested but i explained to the constables i have something very important to do. It may be life or death.
The constables explained that they had no actual evidence against me and that if i refused to cooperate i could be out by 17:00pm.
I was worried sick and at the police station i said look, i am not completely guilty of this crime, mittigating at best, but i cannot wait in a cell for 6hours. They explained that i would be released at 17:00hrs.
I was ridden with guilt because this person on a death bed in critical state was now becoming homeless on top and it was because of me.
I asked to speak to a police officer and said if i say it was me, will you let me go? He said he would see what he could do and that my cooperation would look good for me. so i said 'It was me'.
Making this appointment was so important to me i was willing to recieve a criminal record and heavy fine so long as i made this appointment.
However, upon pleading guilty i was marched straight down to ST LEAONARDS police station and it was seven weeks before i saw light of day again:mad:

Had i just said 'no comment' i would have been out at 17:00 and perhaps the Edinburgh council would have been willing to give me a second chance:mad:

Never accept a caution not charge unless the police have evidence. If they have evidence they will charge you whether or not you refuse, so why offer:confused:

mrunhappy
15-06-2011, 04:32 PM

A caution might not technically be a conviction but it can and does have almost the same ramifications. A caution will show up on an enhanced CRB until you are one hundred years old and can and does stop people finding work. There are hundreds if not thousands of people now with cautions who have just made one mistake in their lives and who will now pay for it for all their days.

Ian Huntley has a lot to answer for.

mrunhappy
15-06-2011, 04:36 PM
https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/q562.htm

If the person refuses the caution then they will normally be prosecuted through the normal channels for the offence.

Although it is not technically classed as a conviction it can be taken into consideration by the Courts if the person is convicted of a further offence.

Cautions are now covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 so will become spent immediately (apart from conditional cautions which will become spent after 3 months). This means that if you are asked on an application form if you have a caution you can reply 'no'. For conditional cautions it would be after 3 months since the caution was issued, up until that time you would have to reply 'yes'.

NOT the case if your job is not covered by the rehabilitation act and/or if you need an enhanced CRB.

mrunhappy
15-06-2011, 04:38 PM
^^ Excellent answer.

doesn't always go to court though does it?

dreamweaver
15-06-2011, 04:40 PM
NOT the case if your job is not covered by the rehabilitation act and/or if you need an enhanced CRB.

Exactly - these enhanced CRBs completely undermine the whole principle of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. I think it goes some way to explain why so many people are too scared to take on authority nowadays - the stakes are higher.

ruddd
15-06-2011, 05:15 PM
I think the whole idea of the police is stupid in its entirety. Even the Police is just a INVENTION creation by a conservative. The notion a individual as a entity can be charged/prosecuted just because another disagree's with his or her actions is ludicrous, there's no democratic right given to the defendant other than the fact he/she is already condemned to court instantaneously because somehow having a uniform on makes the Police more trustworthy than the person being prosecuted for something they might not even have done.

Were all trained to fear the Police from childhood, when in reality it should be THEM who fears us.

blackyblue
15-06-2011, 05:36 PM
I think the whole idea of the police is stupid in its entirety. Even the Police is just a INVENTION creation by a conservative. The notion a individual as a entity can be charged/prosecuted just because another disagree's with his or her actions is ludicrous, there's no democratic right given to the defendant other than the fact he/she is already condemned to court instantaneously because somehow having a uniform on makes the Police more trustworthy than the person being prosecuted for something they might not even have done.

Were all trained to fear the Police from childhood, when in reality it should be THEM who fears us.

There has to be some kind of Police.

Lets say you are in the back of a car. You have infront of you a driver and in the passenger seat a man pointing a gun at you.
You have been told you are being taken into the woods where you are going to be killed. What do you do:confused:

Unless you fancy trying to wrestle the gun off the gunman which is an option, your only other option is to reach into your pocket, get hold of your mobile phone and dial 999. Hopefully the operator will hear the conversation and will realize whats going on.
You will be put through to police that will listen to the conversation and locate you listening to the conversation between you and the gunman, or else they may even be able to track your mobile phone.
But if you do away with Police you wont have this protection. Infact, with no poilce for this mad criminal out on probation worrying about breaking his conditions you wont even have the time to wrestle the gun off him. You will be shot there and then infront of everyone in broad daylight.

Police do have their problems, and those problems need to be rectified, but i dont think actually doing away with Police is good either.

The Police just need to remember they are here to fight crime working for the tax payer, not here to put themselves on a power trip bullying innocent people. Although i dont think there are many innocent people, and i am sure the man in the backseat with the gun pointed at him was FAR from innocent himself. But hey

I went up the Scottish highlands yesterday and could not believe the attitude of the Police. In and around Inverness they seem to be clamping down big time on speeders.
The outskirts was absolutley crawling. One Police officer was acting like a boy racer weaving in and out of traffic doing incredible speeds of more than 100mph for spurts then getting right up behind vehicles and following behind them for ages. His behaviour was nothing short of intimidating. This is not good policing

spolier
15-06-2011, 05:50 PM
A few years ago now, this happened to me,

I had gone to see a solicitor, as i was short of time, i parked on the double yellow lines outside and used a fake 'disabled' sticker /badge, ( i know very wrong but i was young and naive at the time)

When i finished at the solicitors and returned to the car, there was a policewoman making a beeline for me shouting for me to 'stop there',(she says i saw her and was looking at her but failed to stop, my version is i didant see her at all, just missed a bus as i pulled out according to her, but i disputed this, (another stupid move i know, i was young at the time).

after going about a half mile , suddenly blue lights flashing everywhere and 3 police cars pinning me in?!!

I was requested to step out and into the police car, I had 3 pre rolled joints in my suit pocket, which i hadant sparked up on the way to the solicitors, for some reason which i dont remember, anyway, i was told to wait while the policewoman who requested me to stop, arrived and gave her version of events, i was questioned about the fake diabled sticker/badge etc.

so the red faced very irate policewoman gave her version of events, now 7 police cars had arrived!!! she said i was parked on double yellow lines outside a jewellers, and i looked at her and refused to stop, my version of events were, yes i parked on double yellows, used a fake badge, but i didant see her at all, and wondered what all this was about, i duly got all the police numbers who questioned me.

I was travelling a lot to South east asia at the time, so had a contact address for mail post only in england.

Anyway my friend use to say the police are ringing up, the police are calling round looking for you, and the post from them is piling up, once/twice a week for months on end. i just told him to throw all post from them in the bin, and to tell them that i use your address for post/mail only and i am on my holidays in asia for a few years.

So after a few years of this, i recieved some sort of court papers, so i decided to ring them up when i was in england,( why i decided to ring up i will never know, but i did, perhaps on the spur of the moment) now i am not kidding/joking, but i was informed that because a certain amount of time had passed, (3 years if my memory serves me correctly) i was asked if i could admit to everything so charges could be brought???!!!!! or just say nothing more and everything would be 'forgotten'? i duly said thank you goodbye, and i never heard another thing or got any more letters.

when i was stopped i got so many cautions etc, but ultimately nothing was done., i was also busy disputing her version of events collecting all the police badge numbers i could, LOl now as i think back to me doing this, she was so red in the face and very angry.

I was never searched, and allowed to go on my way, and i lit one of those little beauties i had rolled previously, i had a passenger all through this, and he could not believe i was allowed to just drive off like that.( i know it was stupid but i was young at the time and oblivious to the good kicking i missed)

this is not a boast or anything, this happened to me, and now i am a little longer in the tooth, i would not do any of that false disabled badge, or driving off with policewoman waving frantically and trying to throw herself onto my bonnet, (apparantly, as i never saw her).

blackyblue
15-06-2011, 05:59 PM
A few years ago now, this happened to me,

I had gone to see a solicitor, as i was short of time, i parked on the double yellow lines outside and used a fake 'disabled' sticker /badge, ( i know very wrong but i was young and naive at the time)

When i finished at the solicitors and returned to the car, there was a policewoman making a beeline for me shouting for me to 'stop there',(she says i saw her and was looking at her but failed to stop, my version is i didant see her at all, just missed a bus as i pulled out according to her, but i disputed this, (another stupid move i know, i was young at the time).

after going about a half mile , suddenly blue lights flashing everywhere and 3 police cars pinning me in?!!

I was requested to step out and into the police car, I had 3 pre rolled joints in my suit pocket, which i hadant sparked up on the way to the solicitors, for some reason which i dont remember, anyway, i was told to wait while the policewoman who requested me to stop, arrived and gave her version of events, i was questioned about the fake diabled sticker/badge etc.

so the red faced very irate policewoman gave her version of events, now 7 police cars had arrived!!! she said i was parked on double yellow lines outside a jewellers, and i looked at her and refused to stop, my version of events were, yes i parked on double yellows, used a fake badge, but i didant see her at all, and wondered what all this was about, i duly got all the police numbers who questioned me.

I was travelling a lot to South east asia at the time, so had a contact address for mail post only in england.

Anyway my friend use to say the police are ringing up, the police are calling round looking for you, and the post from them is piling up, once/twice a week for months on end. i just told him to throw all post from them in the bin, and to tell them that i use your address for post/mail only and i am on my holidays in asia for a few years.

So after a few years of this, i recieved some sort of court papers, so i decided to ring them up when i was in england,( why i decided to ring up i will never know, but i did, perhaps on the spur of the moment) now i am not kidding/joking, but i was informed that because a certain amount of time had passed, (3 years if my memory serves me correctly) i was asked if i could admit to everything so charges could be brought???!!!!! or just say nothing more and everything would be 'forgotten'? i duly said thank you goodbye, and i never heard another thing or got any more letters.

when i was stopped i got so many cautions etc, but ultimately nothing was done., i was also busy disputing her version of events collecting all the police badge numbers i could, LOl now as i think back to me doing this, she was so red in the face and very angry.

I was never searched, and allowed to go on my way, and i lit one of those little beauties i had rolled previously, i had a passenger all through this, and he could not believe i was allowed to just drive off like that.( i know it was stupid but i was young at the time and oblivious to the good kicking i missed)

this is not a boast or anything, this happened to me, and now i am a little longer in the tooth, i would not do any of that false disabled badge, or driving off with policewoman waving frantically and trying to throw herself onto my bonnet, (apparantly, as i never saw her).

Have you ever had any runs of bad luck after this?
i myself that liked to think i was a bit of a wido lead police a merry dance. I drove cars registered with one letter missing from my second name just to plow through speed cameras on the A1 with my middle finger up at over 100mph while shouting 'Cheeeese'. I accumulated over 2000 of parking fines and never paid a bolt. However i found myslef on a crash course up against lady luck. I even got arrested for crimes on mistaken identity. If i applied for a crisis loan i would find out they lent the money to the wrong person. It was unbelievable. The list of things that happened resulting from the most unbelievable runs of bad luck was to endless for me to tell every detail. But just wondering if you have found yourself getting away with this, but do you have paper work that just seems to vanish? Have you ever went to sign on just to find out by the receptionist your name no longer exists on their files and you have to make a new claim? maybe you made a new claim and the paper work just 'pop' mysteriously vanished? anything at-all? just wondering:confused:

spolier
15-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Have you ever had any runs of bad luck after this?
i myself that liked to think i was a bit of a wido lead police a merry dance. I drove cars registered with one letter missing from my second name just to plow through speed cameras on the A1 with my middle finger up at over 100mph while shouting 'Cheeeese'. I accumulated over 2000 of parking fines and never paid a bolt. However i found myslef on a crash course up against lady luck. I even got arrested for crimes on mistaken identity. If i applied for a crisis loan i would find out they lent the money to the wrong person. It was unbelievable. The list of things that happened resulting from the most unbelievable runs of bad luck was to endless for me to tell every detail. But just wondering if you have found yourself getting away with this, but do you have paper work that just seems to vanish? Have you ever went to sign on just to find out by the receptionist your name no longer exists on their files and you have to make a new claim? maybe you made a new claim and the paper work vanished? anything at-all? just wondering:confused:

never had a loan or been in debt ever, never had any problems that you seem to be having/had.

is it bad luck or do you believe policeman tampering with evidence?

I am more in tune with FMOLT ways now, so would go about things diffrently, although i tend to be very 'law abidding' these days regarding motoring.

oioioi
15-06-2011, 07:08 PM
I will not contract with you..
I will not....SMACK contract with the truncheon either...

He seems quite strict your dad.

blackyblue
15-06-2011, 08:23 PM
never had a loan or been in debt ever, never had any problems that you seem to be having/had.

is it bad luck or do you believe policeman tampering with evidence?

I am more in tune with FMOLT ways now, so would go about things diffrently, although i tend to be very 'law abidding' these days regarding motoring.

No, i do not think it was a Policeman tampering with evidence.
And yes, i have been infront of the traffic commisioner and been granted a provisional to drive HGV class. Next is the arctic lorries. I am on a 6month probation and if i get even as much as 3points for speeding or a parking ticket i am back up waterloo place to have my case reconsidered. I drive fully insured and after one years no claims bonuses will be purchasing a fast car soon. Next is the Arctics. I have passed all the DVLA rehabilitation courses and completed all their medicals. I am banned from being able to obtain a PHC for ten years which is a shame because i work in the PHC trade. I am hoping that once i get my HGV license i can get infront of a PHC board and have my case reviewed. If i can get all my licenses i am laughing. To get done for speeding or no insurance would jeapordise everything and its not worth it.

But sorry, i just found that from my younger years where i got away with a lot through being a smart ass that this was followed by the most horendous bout of missfortune where i quite literally seemed to be getting sent to hell. Was almost like one catastrophy after another. Strangely enough the run of horendous bad luck went on for 6months but stopped when i got out from prison.
Just wanted to know if anyone else had felt after successfully Fcuking with the system they had felt the system successfully Fcuked them back. But maybe really was just bad luck and nothing else. No worries thanks for answering:cool:

hugo_rune
15-06-2011, 08:34 PM
The Clash - I Fought The Law - YouTube

sparkplug
15-06-2011, 08:42 PM
I refused a police caution, and eventually all charges were dropped. The thing is, I was totally innocent (as we all are) but due to the cirmustances they had to go through the motions and put me in a cell and question me under caution and all that kind of rubbish.

If you know in you're heart you are innocent then eventually the truth will shine through.

If you ever get questioned under caution ALWAYS get a solicitor. ALWAYS!