PDA

View Full Version : Natural 'cure' for schizophrenia?

jewellerymaker
13-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Hi

I'm in the lengthy process of being diagnosed by mental health professionals, and the likely outcome is that I've got schizophrenia.

I don't really trust the docs, and I certainly don't trust the meds. Are there any natural remedies or 'cures' that I can look into instead of having pills shoved down my throat? I'm already looking at changing my terrible diet to include more fresh, natural ingredients and I'm hoping this will help a little.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted!

JM
xx

pacoquerak
13-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Stop eating grains. Wheat causes schizophrenia.

You need healthy fats for your mind. Grass fed butter, tallow, mutton fat, coconut oil, fermented cod liver oil, raw salmon, fresh krill, raw clams, raw free range duck or chicken eggs...

It's a journey to find really good food, just because it says it's organic free range chicken eggs on the label doesn't mean they are going to be half as good as the ones I have grown. Very often they have pale yellow yolks.

Haha, if you want to come to New York, I would help you for a little bit of money, certainly much cheaper than those quacks.

I have 2 cows making gobs of good milk and have been on a similar quest for the past 5 years.

jewellerymaker
13-06-2011, 08:59 PM
thanks for reply. I did have a time when I was allergic to wheat, but it seemed to clear up. Very interesting.....I will try cutting it out again. We get fresh eggs from a friend with chickens, so I know what you mean about pale yolks - you can't beat proper eggs!!!

Thanks for info, will definitely take it all on board.
xx

indica
13-06-2011, 09:31 PM
From what I understand there isn't an actual cure for schizophrenia.(Not yet anyway)

Can i ask why you/they think the diagnosis will be schizophrenia?

moods999
14-06-2011, 01:06 AM
not sure but ive read here somewhere vitamin c and vitamin b3 could cure schizophrenia but i think excercise is very helpful too

ufochick
14-06-2011, 03:48 AM
I am not a shrink or Dr nor do I play one on TV :D that said I have a lot experience with a cousin with a supposedly severe scitzophrenia. She has been turned into a drooling, pant wetting fool with all the meds, Literally. She is in her 60s now, just kills me what has been done to her.

In HER case I think she simply sees into the other realms and confuses them with this one. People don't like her because she is so weird, but then when she feels that her shrink and others tell her lies "Oh S.. people really do like you it's just your disease makes you fell that way"

Is it possible you are actually seeing into different realms and simply have the ability to pick up on more than the normal person?

jewellerymaker
14-06-2011, 07:12 AM
From what I understand there isn't an actual cure for schizophrenia.(Not yet anyway)

Can i ask why you/they think the diagnosis will be schizophrenia?

I've had a thorough, lengthy assessment and they've looked at my short and long term symptoms. Other 'disorders' have been ruled out. My psyc doc says I've got a psychotic illness and possibly post traumatic stress disorder.
xx

jewellerymaker
14-06-2011, 07:20 AM
I am not a shrink or Dr nor do I play one on TV :D that said I have a lot experience with a cousin with a supposedly severe scitzophrenia. She has been turned into a drooling, pant wetting fool with all the meds, Literally. She is in her 60s now, just kills me what has been done to her.

In HER case I think she simply sees into the other realms and confuses them with this one. People don't like her because she is so weird, but then when she feels that her shrink and others tell her lies "Oh S.. people really do like you it's just your disease makes you fell that way"

Is it possible you are actually seeing into different realms and simply have the ability to pick up on more than the normal person?

I have thought about this, and looked at the shamanistic view on this illness. I'm not sure. It doesn't feel like what you described, and I certainly don't think it's a gift, like the shaman would.

jconnar
14-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Za-Zen meditation

Zazen (坐禅; Chinese; zuò chán pinyin or tso-chan Wade-Giles) is at the heart of Zen Buddhist practice. The aim of zazen is just sitting, "opening the hand of thought",[1] that is, suspending all judgmental thinking and letting words, ideas, images and thoughts pass by without getting involved in them.

farros
14-06-2011, 09:18 AM
cut out MEAT, processed junk, sugar, fizzy drinks..

eat more fruit/veg/greens.

Excersise.

Have a spring clean, get rid of things you dont use/need.

sephera
14-06-2011, 12:29 PM
I suggest seeing a five element acupuncturist. They can balance the body and restore the Shen back into the body. I believe Schizophrenia comes from disturbed Shen which means the spirit is not grounded into the body. Therefore you are open to outside influences.

Some idiot Doctor diagnosed me with Schizophrenia 10 years ago, I went on there poisonous drugs, for a short period before finally going down the alternative path. Think carefully before you take that poison, because after 10 years I'm feeling the effects and have only recently purged all the effects from my body. People I know who have gone on this stuff become zombies.

List of five element practitioners.

http://www.5element.com.au/page27.html

Information on Schizophrenia

http://wp.me/P14HFp-3s

moods999
14-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Yes i hope people will realize that the western medicine has to die! Or change.

kurupted_flesh
14-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Hi

I'm in the lengthy process of being diagnosed by mental health professionals, and the likely outcome is that I've got schizophrenia.

I don't really trust the docs, and I certainly don't trust the meds. Are there any natural remedies or 'cures' that I can look into instead of having pills shoved down my throat? I'm already looking at changing my terrible diet to include more fresh, natural ingredients and I'm hoping this will help a little.

JM
xx

1) Stop buying into the belief that the people who diagnosed you (i.e the medical instution) are actually sane, or based on principles of sanity according to mother earth's innate natural laws.

2) Stop eating salt, sugar, (which systematically imbalance the brain's hemisphere's, especially to the spiritually "advanced"). dairy, other sh!t foods, microwaves, try to "go raw" (sounds cheesy in these new agey days but it's actually effective, especially if you could do with losing a few pounds too).

3) Stay away from the internet and TV as much as possible, favour music that doesn't play on your adrenaline centres such as good hip-hop, trance, old school or natural/healing music. Try to avoid mp3 players too. All of these things can bombard you brain with weird ass signals.

4) Find a mantra/saying - something that makes you feel good, not necessarily religious, and repeat in when your mind is in one of it's moods. if you can't meditate on mere nothingness, of course. Try deep breathing, and as other have said exercise/weight training/swimming too.

Good day.

somethinganonymous
14-06-2011, 04:26 PM
I suffer from schizophrenia myself, but, with orthomolecular therapy, I've got it under control

nirvana
14-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Hi

JM
xx

Yes walnuts are very good for mental illness they contain lots of omega 3,6,9, also magnesium.

Its also good to get yourself grounded go to the gym or a good martial art school.

I was also diagnosed with schizophrenia and spent time in hospital and drugged up to the eye ball.

I could even tell the psychiatrist what time and day i first became ill . It was sep 1996 and it was about 11.30 my first symtom was an energy wave shooting right up my spine then circling inside my head.

I now know it was kundalini.

plat57us
14-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Flax seed oil is good.

You might want to want to look into EFT for PSTD.

(Google EFT)

I also managed to balance my dopamain chemicals in my brain using EFT.

A simple affirmation such as " the dopamin chemicals in my brain maybe imbalanced" through EFT worked.

The imbalance of this this chemical is are suspected to be a cause of the symptoms of skitzoprenia, thats why you use the keyword "MAYBE" in the affirmation.

It is not a permanant fix, but you feel a LOT better, and with flax seed oil as well, this should help keep your thoughts balanced.

Keep your medicine handy for emergencies if you feel you are starting to slip, it is good back up which is very important. (do not dismiss this)

I have skitzoprenia.

I hope that this helps

nirvana
14-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Flax seed oil is good.

You might want to want to look into EFT for PSTD.

(Google EFT)

I also managed to balance my dopamain chemicals in my brain using EFT.

A simple affirmation such as " the dopamin chemicals in my brain maybe imbalanced" through EFT worked.

The imbalance of this this chemical is are suspected to be a cause of the symptoms of skitzoprenia, thats why you use the keyword "MAYBE" in the affirmation.

It is not a permanant fix, but you feel a LOT better, and with flax seed oil as well, this should help keep your thoughts balanced.

Keep your medicine handy for emergencies if you feel you are starting to slip, it is good back up which is very important. (do not dismiss this)

I have skitzoprenia.

I hope that this helps

I dont know much about eft . Where abouts do you tap ?

jewellerymaker
14-06-2011, 08:21 PM
I dont know much about eft . Where abouts do you tap ?

I found this: http://eftuniverse.com/images/pdf_files/eftquickstart.pdf It's a free complete run through for EFT.

Thanks for all the amazing info here! I've already made some good changes, and checked out all the different ideas.
xx

plat57us
14-06-2011, 11:22 PM
It would also help to look up the effects of dopamain chemical imbalance in the brain, and what it causes, so if you do EFT and use the affirmation as I used, you will know what to expect.

darryl84
15-06-2011, 05:54 PM
I dont know if this will help avoid "schizophrenic episodes", but avoiding yeast and gluten has my state of mind, so basically bread and wheat, 3 days avoidance would be enough to know if it was any help to you or not.

I used to have a lot of activity in my head, i wouldn't classify it as schizonphrenia, because i did not associate them wih voices and lose my authority with thought, however, i became aware that thoughts are not my own through advice from a spiritual friend and learned a simple technique to silence the mind at will. The jist of it is to not debate the thoughts, because that feeds them, and not judge them, either positively or negatively,a dn simply use thinking whne necessary, when you want to basically. I also found eckhart tolle's power of now book very useful in quieting the egoic mind, which is an area of the mind which stirs up a lot of thought.

I have experience with dealing with this kind of situation too, my sister has had issues with "schizophrenia" for about 8 years now. Hope this informtation is of some help to you. :)

moods999
18-06-2011, 11:36 PM
i had a panic attack once after eating bread which was caused by gluten sensetivty due to mercury poisoning!

blue2
19-06-2011, 12:05 PM
I've had a thorough, lengthy assessment and they've looked at my short and long term symptoms. Other 'disorders' have been ruled out. My psyc doc says I've got a psychotic illness and possibly post traumatic stress disorder.
xx

Hi jewellrymaker, can i ask you have you put weight on and are you very lethargic?

I know for fact that there is a Thyroid connection with what Psychs term Bi Polar of Thyroiditis and i have a short abstract on High Rate of Autoimmune Thyroiditis in BiPolar Disorder: Lack of Association With Lithium Exposure,i printed it off Thyroid UK site in 2006 and the Clinical Trial on this was back in 2001.

It was a Biological Psychiatry Pre Publication Article Abstract,there was a high rate of Hypothyroidism in BiPolar which is closely associated with Schizophrenia.

The drugs used in Psychiatry will give you the disease the medics purport you have, they are Synthetic and will do Neurological damage,then you may get a Police record and be so controlled with Sectioning, be very wary and careful with these people.

I would be getting a second opinion outside of NHS. Thyroid UK and Thyroid Patient Advocacy, Thyroid Tears by Diana Holmes wrote a book called Tears Behind Closed Doors,in some people the mental symptoms can be bad in Hypothyroidism and mimic Schizophrenia and Hallucinations.

Also it isn't just the wheat, it is Gluten in Supermarket breads that include Synthetic Chemicals and not the tradional ways of Master Baker Method of Rising and Proving without synthetic chemicals being added in.The supermarkets adding in synthetic chems and bleaches etc actually these products send poisons up to the Brain in form of Opiod Peptides and they do lot of damage and can make Thyroid underactive and Adrenal Glands and brain glands.This all controls Moods too.

See Wikipedia for Opiod Peptides explanation. Also Sunderland University have an Autism Research Unit and can test urine for these peptides to see if you have High Peaks for the Gluten and also Casein a milk Protein that can be undigested. Paul Shattock is the person at Autism Research Unit on this and it can be in people with ME and Gulf War Syndrome so no reason why it cannot be in other said diseases. Keep iff all refined sugars too and no fast foods.

Big Pharma make up diseases to promote their nasty drugs.

I know an intelligent lady who was diagnosed with BiPolar during the Menopause for heavens sakes and she is now in her late seventies and is a mess from Psychiatric drugs controlling her she falls asleep over a meal or looks statuesque from them-she has now got Diabetes and wouldn't listen to me when i once gave her a copy of the Thyroiditis,it was to her detriment i'm afraid.

There was also a young lady in her early twenties,sadly, in my locality who committed suicide due to drugs for said Schizophrenia, she jumped onto a train track.

Hope this is helpful for you,you are wise to distrust these medics.

POSSIBLY so guessing then, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder can be symptomatic of Hypothyroidism any shocks or accidents and surgery and bereavements,divorce etc as well as any food allergies can bring this about and affects Glandular system. Dr Gordon Skinner wrote his book Diagnosis and Management of Hypothyroidism, NHS Dr's are jealous of him, anyone who ruins the cause of NHS is humiliated. He now has set up a World Thyroid Register totally confidential.

The Red Apple Clinic do Urine and Saliva tests for Thyroid and Adrenals although bit costly but may be worth it number to ring is 01633 262772. Or get in touch with a Dr off the List Thyroid UK gives once membership is in place and there is a female Dr on Patient Thyroid Advocacy who is into Functional Medicine although now at Harley St as she was disapointed with NHS.

If it was to be you have Hypothyroidism then please don't go for cheap option of Thyroxine as it is synthetic hormone and very little in it and can have awful dangerous side effects. I personally would use Armourthyroid as it is more natural,Erfa brand is good, but Adrenals if needing treatment should be treated first to give thyroid a chance.

blue2
19-06-2011, 12:29 PM
i had a panic attack once after eating bread which was caused by gluten sensetivty due to mercury poisoning!

Panic attacks are another symptom of Thyroid gland going underactive.

moods999
19-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Panic attacks are another symptom of Thyroid gland going underactive.

Thank you, i can feel it!

anyhoo
20-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Hi

Can I inquire as to why you are being diagnosed? What symptoms led to you needing to be diagnosed for a mental illness?

somethinganonymous
17-12-2011, 02:52 AM
Thought I'd say again,

I was diagnozed with paranoid schizophrenia back in april of 2009 and now, december 2011 I'm practically cured of it with the help of orthomolecular therapy

So, if anyone here is suffering from schizophrenia, I suggest you give orthomolecular therapy a go

It is a cure, while not efficient (in that it takes anything from six months to two years of treatment) it is supposedly very effective and in my case, it's been a life giver

psilocybin
17-12-2011, 03:55 AM
Mega daily doses of nicotinic acid... 5 grams or more... google Abram Hoffer MD and niacin treatment for schizophrenia.

boudica52
17-12-2011, 12:13 PM
THE GIST Babies born with low vitamin D levels are shown to be twice as likely to develop schizophrenia.
The finding may mean there could be a way to prevent cases of the disease.
Scientists caution more research needs to be done to confirm the link.

Babies born with low vitamin D levels are twice as likely to develop schizophrenia later in life. The simplest way to get vitamin D is from the sun. e

Babies born with low vitamin D levels are twice as likely to develop schizophrenia later in life, researchers from the Queensland Brain Institute have found.

But the researchers say the good news from the study is that it suggests it may be possible to prevent schizophrenia.

John McGrath from the Queensland Brain Institute says there have been suggestions for some time that there may be a link between sunlight, vitamin D and brain development. He says it is increasingly clear children with low vitamin D levels are more likely to develop schizophrenia.

"For the babies who had very low vitamin D, their risk was about twice as high as those babies who had optimal vitamin D," said McGrath.

"But the amazing thing was that the study that was based in Denmark, where low vitamin D is quite common, we found that if vitamin D is linked to schizophrenia our statistics suggest that it could explain about 40 percent of all schizophrenias. That's a much bigger effect than we're used to seeing in schizophrenia research."

While the simplest way to get enough vitamin D is to spend more time in the sun, it remains unclear whether there are fewer cases of schizophrenia in a country like Australia which sees a lot more sunlight.

"We don't have high-quality data on that, but some statistics suggest we do have slightly lower incidences and prevalence of schizophrenia," said McGrath.

"Like many other diseases, like multiple sclerosis, schizophrenia tends to be more common in places further away from the equator. And if you're born in winter and spring you tend to have a slightly increased risk of schizophrenia also, and that was one of the original pieces of the jigsaw puzzle that led us to wonder maybe vitamin D could be implicated."

Ian Hickie from the Brain and Mind Research Institute in Sydney says he is not surprised by the results, however he says more research is needed.

"So the real acid test is going to be trying to lift vitamin D levels in pregnant women and newborns and see whether there's an effect on later schizophrenia," said Hickie. "Or even in fact, looking at providing higher levels of vitamin D by vitamin D supplementation in other ways later in life and particularly childhood and the teenage years, to see whether you might reduce the risk of onset of schizophrenia."

Vitamin D supplements may prove an effective way to prevent schizophrenia. But McGrath agrees there is only a statistical link at the moment and that does not prove vitamin D deficiencies are to blame for schizophrenia.

"Because the treatment and the outcome can be separated by about 20, 30 years, we need to treat pregnant women and then wait for their offspring to develop schizophrenia," he said. "It will be a very challenging study to do."

It could be decades before scientists know for sure.

"But medical research tends to move at a steady pace. I think the other thing is that there are many other studies suggesting that vitamin D is good for baby's bone health," McGrath said.

"So it may well be that recommendations will be made to women to increase their vitamin D status for more obvious outcomes, like baby's rickets for example. If that happened then it may well be that schizophrenia would start to fall in decades to come."

But Hickie warns against spending too much time in the sun to get more vitamin D because that could increase the risk of skin cancer.

"Rates of melanoma and skin cancer are obviously very high in our country and directly related to sun exposure, particularly in childhood," he said.

"So on the one hand we need to be careful about over exposure to sunlight, on the other hand it may well be that in some places, or in some individuals, low levels of vitamin D may constitute a risk factor, particularly in pregnancy and therefore affecting the rates of vitamin D in newborn children."

"So this is one of the issues that we're going to need to look at clearly. I don't think it means that everyone should be rushing out into the sun and necessarily putting themselves at risk of other sun-related cancers."

Even if vitamin D does make a difference, there are several other factors that may play a part.

A predisposition to the illness can run in families, chemical imbalances in the brain may be responsible and stressful events are often thought to play a role in the onset of the schizophrenia.

sephera
17-12-2011, 01:32 PM
This is a tough one, but basically you have to take your health and your life into your own hands. I might cost a shed load of money to treat yourself using alternative medicines and healing. I wouldn't start taking any drugs unless you want to sign your life away, sorry to be blunt. Alot of people I know who went on psychiatric medicine for anything from depression to schizophrenia has basically signed their life and health away. Try and get a second opinion. I had been diagnose schizophrenic myself at one point.

I wrote a few articles on my blog that can help you.

Nutrition Schizophrenia

I believe Schizophrenia is partially due to distrubed shen and possibly possession. Check the follow article and see if it can help you.

http://sepheralight.wordpress.com/chinese-medicine/the-seven-dragons-for-the-seven-daemons/

princessofwands
17-12-2011, 03:40 PM
I have an old Nexus magazine with a long article by Harold Foster on the adrenalin/adrenochrome connection. He basically says that stress raises adrenalin that is transformed into adrenochrome (as a defence mechanism) and that adrenochrome causes delusional/hallicinogenic episodes.

I went online in search of more on these lines....and I found this interesting little article on the orthomolecular idea that has already been mentioned, and along the lines mentioned above.

http://www.encognitive.com/node/6324

Then I found a reference to Harold Foster on this article about Kundalini and Schizophrenia, and it seems he has even written a book on his adrenalin hypothesis.

http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?story=KundaliniandSchizophrenia

In his book "What Really Causes Schizophrenia", Harold Foster proposes that schizophrenia is not caused by excess dopamine but by excessive levels of a metabolite of adrenaline—adrenochrome. Adrenochrome acts as a hallucinogen, free radical generator and neurotoxin that interferes with biochemical systems and damages the thyroid. Dr. Foster suggests that treatment should include methods to reduce adrenaline producing stress and slow down its metabolism to adrenochrome. Sugar consumption and allergin exposure should also be reduced. Coupled with a supplemental program that includes high doses of niacin, thiamine or coenzyme Q10 along with desiccated thyroid to help thyroid damage.

In the article first mentioned, he says increasing your serotonin/tryptophan containing foods also helps.

I found this....

Some of the best sources for tryptophan (foods that boost and increase serotonin) are eggs, turkey, poultry, cottage cheese, chickpeas, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, bananas, mangos, oats, and spirulina......Eating foods with more folic acid increases serotonin levels in the brain. The best sources of folic acid or folate are chicken liver, lentils, kidney beans, black beans, chickpeas, oranges, melons, strawberries, leafy greens, broccoli, spinach, and asparagus.

If you are into astrology at all, look for the Mars connection as that is where adrenalin will be produced. Perhaps natally, you have Mars in a difficult aspect to another planet like Jupiter, or perhaps Mars has been triggered in recent years by the 'transit' or 'progression' of another planet. For example, people with Mars in Cancer are having it triggered by the transit of Pluto in the opposite sign Capricorn. You can check out your chart for free at www.astro.com.

:)

amorphous
18-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Well, you really need to find a doctor you trust. It's just a really bad idea to listen to people on the internet, really, but it's your life if you want to trust someone you don't know and can't even see well then good luck to you.

somethinganonymous
18-12-2011, 08:30 PM
I have an old Nexus magazine with a long article by Harold Foster on the adrenalin/adrenochrome connection. He basically says that stress raises adrenalin that is transformed into adrenochrome (as a defence mechanism) and that adrenochrome causes delusional/hallicinogenic episodes.

I went online in search of more on these lines....and I found this interesting little article on the orthomolecular idea that has already been mentioned, and along the lines mentioned above.

http://www.encognitive.com/node/6324

Then I found a reference to Harold Foster on this article about Kundalini and Schizophrenia, and it seems he has even written a book on his adrenalin hypothesis.

http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?story=KundaliniandSchizophrenia

In his book "What Really Causes Schizophrenia", Harold Foster proposes that schizophrenia is not caused by excess dopamine but by excessive levels of a metabolite of adrenaline—adrenochrome. Adrenochrome acts as a hallucinogen, free radical generator and neurotoxin that interferes with biochemical systems and damages the thyroid. Dr. Foster suggests that treatment should include methods to reduce adrenaline producing stress and slow down its metabolism to adrenochrome. Sugar consumption and allergin exposure should also be reduced. Coupled with a supplemental program that includes high doses of niacin, thiamine or coenzyme Q10 along with desiccated thyroid to help thyroid damage.

In the article first mentioned, he says increasing your serotonin/tryptophan containing foods also helps.

I found this....

Some of the best sources for tryptophan (foods that boost and increase serotonin) are eggs, turkey, poultry, cottage cheese, chickpeas, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, bananas, mangos, oats, and spirulina......Eating foods with more folic acid increases serotonin levels in the brain. The best sources of folic acid or folate are chicken liver, lentils, kidney beans, black beans, chickpeas, oranges, melons, strawberries, leafy greens, broccoli, spinach, and asparagus.

If you are into astrology at all, look for the Mars connection as that is where adrenalin will be produced. Perhaps natally, you have Mars in a difficult aspect to another planet like Jupiter, or perhaps Mars has been triggered in recent years by the 'transit' or 'progression' of another planet. For example, people with Mars in Cancer are having it triggered by the transit of Pluto in the opposite sign Capricorn. You can check out your chart for free at www.astro.com.

:)

Exactly,

The Orthomolecular Therapy is a therapy designed to extract the Adrenochrome from the brain, and by doing so, stabilize the dopamine levels

For me, it has been a lifegiver and I would recommend anyone suffering from Schizophrenia to give it a try

luuu
19-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Dont take any meds from the docters, its all full of shit and addictive

Meditation
Eating healthy
Excerise

healthy body will promote a healthy mind.

My opinion on Schizophrenia, is that you have some doors open in your mind that you dont realize and naughty beings from the etheric/astral are abusing it, and feeding off your fearful, confused energy as to what the f is going on.

Reason i say this is because i thought i was becomming skits till i realized it was a succubus messing with my thoughts ect.
I even went to the docters and told her about my sleep paralysis/astral projection and speaking to others beings in my room in the morning, hearing voices etc... she said as long as they dont tell me to harm myself or others then i will be fine, because according to her your only a Schizophrenic if your a dangerous one :S

Strenghten your will power, get a healing done, i know a awesome woman who is legit and does her awesome healing for free, if your interested. Cleanse your home, white sage, banishing rituals etc etc

Im not saying you have a negative entity attached to you but its worth a try just incase it is. I know of a few people like me who thought they were going crazy till they realized there was another mind involved with theirs.

I hope i was of help :)

somethinganonymous
19-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Dont take any meds from the docters, its all full of shit and addictive

Meditation
Eating healthy
Excerise

healthy body will promote a healthy mind.

My opinion on Schizophrenia, is that you have some doors open in your mind that you dont realize and naughty beings from the etheric/astral are abusing it, and feeding off your fearful, confused energy as to what the f is going on.

Reason i say this is because i thought i was becomming skits till i realized it was a succubus messing with my thoughts ect.
I even went to the docters and told her about my sleep paralysis/astral projection and speaking to others beings in my room in the morning, hearing voices etc... she said as long as they dont tell me to harm myself or others then i will be fine, because according to her your only a Schizophrenic if your a dangerous one :S

Strenghten your will power, get a healing done, i know a awesome woman who is legit and does her awesome healing for free, if your interested. Cleanse your home, white sage, banishing rituals etc etc

Im not saying you have a negative entity attached to you but its worth a try just incase it is. I know of a few people like me who thought they were going crazy till they realized there was another mind involved with theirs.

I hope i was of help :)

Yeah, that bloody mother in law can drive anyone insane;)

boudica52
20-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Have you looked at Patrick Holford's Optimum Nutrition for The Mind? Excellent information on schizophrenia!

lakkimakki
20-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Hi

JM
xx

Double Terminated Crystal Point (natural)

The Double terminated Crystal Point seems to create a "contained" vortex that will filter out the dynamics that create imbalance; thus allowing a natural balance or renewal of health to be established.

The double terminated crystals exude a sense of personal unity and are ideal to use with people who are mentally or emotilonally unbalanced. By simply holding a double terminated crystal in each hand for even 5 minutesi it will calm and relax one onto state of greater mental and emotional stability.

And sleep more.

sephera
26-12-2011, 08:21 AM
I would also try and take some MMS to get rid of toxins from the brain. Schizophrenia can be caused by heavy metals toxicity, especially that of Mercury, Lead and Aluminium in the brain.

lakkimakki
31-12-2011, 10:08 PM
lol .......also read the book

Stalking the Wild Pendulum by Itzhak Bentov

Physio Kundalini syndrome

ormus
01-01-2012, 02:36 AM
Very good info from everybody here and yes do look into your thyroid. Empower Plus I would have to say this alone will heal you I have already helped 2 people with this I tell you the truth this works. http://www.truehope.com/default.aspx

ormus
01-01-2012, 02:56 AM
I'm going to let you know before hand there will be some sneaky individuals
that are going to come in here and try and argue with us. We won't get anywhere with them you can't prove anything here to them. I will not engage with them or they will hijack this thread and neither should you. As soon as you said "natural" and "cure" they will attack this thread.

provocateurs,shills and disinfo agents - YouTube

ormus
01-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Actually the 2 people I recommended TrueHope Empower did not have schizophrenia so you must do your own research to see if it will actually work for you.

Schizophrenia Truehope Landon H. - YouTube

gnosis_dub
01-01-2012, 04:24 AM
I used to hear voices. After giving drugs (Celesta, Prozac, Zoloft) a try :p, I decided to take control with orthomed approach. I started taking mega doses of b-vitamins and they (the voices) eventually went away.

Like others have mentioned, Dr. Abram Hoffer's othomedical approach is helpful. His book "Smart Nutrients" gives you an idea of how much b-vits. to take a day.

A good herb to take is Fo-Ti (Ho Shou Wu), it's anti-aging and contains many b-vitamins.

beebee
10-01-2012, 07:49 AM
Get on the the following supplement regimen as soon as possible:

Niacin 1000mg three times daily.
Vitamin C 1000mg three times daily.
B-complex one per day.
Vitamin D3 5000-10000IU once daily.
Zinc 60mg daily.
Selenium 100-200mcg daily.
Magnesium 300-900mg daily.
Folic acid 5mg daily.
Methylcobalamin 5000mg three times a week.
Dibencozide 3000mg three times a week.

Also, get your EFA's. Good quality fish oil. Cut out gluten, dairy and sugar. Make sure your blood sugar is balanced and get at least 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night. Good luck.

somethinganonymous
10-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Get on the the following supplement regimen as soon as possible:

Niacin 1000mg three times daily.
Vitamin C 1000mg three times daily.
B-complex one per day.
Vitamin D3 5000-10000IU once daily.
Zinc 60mg daily.
Selenium 100-200mcg daily.
Magnesium 300-900mg daily.
Folic acid 5mg daily.
Methylcobalamin 5000mg three times a week.
Dibencozide 3000mg three times a week.

Also, get your EFA's. Good quality fish oil. Cut out gluten, dairy and sugar. Make sure your blood sugar is balanced and get at least 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night. Good luck.

That therapy there is a miracle, though I didn't add the Selenium, Magnesium, Folic acid and Methylcobalamin and Dibencozide to mine, the basics of the Vitamin B3, C and Zinc sure helped me tremendously Thanks for posting

sephera
11-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Have you thought of taking MMS. Alot of mental illness is due to heavy metals toxicity.

maxxeimus
23-06-2013, 09:09 PM
I suggest seeing a five element acupuncturist. They can balance the body and restore the Shen back into the body. I believe Schizophrenia comes from disturbed Shen which means the spirit is not grounded into the body. Therefore you are open to outside influences.

Some idiot Doctor diagnosed me with Schizophrenia 10 years ago, I went on there poisonous drugs, for a short period before finally going down the alternative path. Think carefully before you take that poison, because after 10 years I'm feeling the effects and have only recently purged all the effects from my body. People I know who have gone on this stuff become zombies.

List of five element practitioners.

http://www.5element.com.au/page27.html

Information on Schizophrenia

The above mentioned link is not working. Please ehlp me if you know anyone else whose does this 5 element acupuncture treatment. Also, would like to know are you currently on medication??

lu__
23-06-2013, 09:40 PM
http://www.gaps.me/

"Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS™) - Natural treatment for autism, ADHD/ADD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, depression and schizophrenia"

Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAP Syndrome or GAPS) is a condition, which establishes a connection between the functions of the digestive system and the brain. This term was created by Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride, MD, MMedSci (neurology), MMedSci (human nutrition) in 2004 after working with hundreds of children and adults with neurological and psychiatric conditions, such as autistic spectrum disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD/ADD), schizophrenia, dyslexia, dyspraxia, depression, obsessive –compulsive disorder, bi-polar disorder and other neuro-psychological and psychiatric problems."

http://www.gaps.me/?page_id=20

(Don't bother with the fish oil or dairy)

Fishin
23-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Hi

JM
xx

Take niacin (B3). You can find it in abundance in fish, liver, peanuts, beef, chicken and tomatoes. Going veggie would probably exacerbate your problems unless you're really into peanuts and tomatoes. Or you can take a good niacin supplement.

A deficiency of niacin is very common in schizophrenics. Lack of niacin is also implicated in other mental disorders.

andy1033
24-06-2013, 11:13 AM
"Energy" cough cough.

foonclown
27-06-2013, 12:43 AM
Hi

JM
xx

Dr Hoffer has healed many schizophrenics with vitamin b3 nicotinic acid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A68szaSiHDs
Best to listen with head phones

master x
27-06-2013, 01:06 AM
I've just started taking 100mg of Niacin (flush kind) 3 times a day. First day just twice, second day 3 times. I've noticed no flush at all. Guess this means I'm deficient. With the mental issues I have, god only knows what dosage will push me to flush. I feel kind of a bit more stable in my head just from this dosage, so I'm looking forward to pushing it up a notch.

saty
27-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Schizophrenia is my Gift: Charles Steinbach
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN1Z_UI68nc

Schizophrenia: A Sentence or a Diagnosis?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ_aJRZxIYA

Main Show Only - False Reality and Schizophrenia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D5GunK2R8w

The Truth About Schizophrenia (Mental Health Guru)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYZauBSRuWQ

Watch all 4 of these videos.They will help you a lot.
Docs and meds will help you also but be careful...American shrinks are nut jobs and they could mess you up.BAD! REAL BAD! Find a trustworthy doc in your town....maybe doing some test with a psyhologist would help....You need to understand that there is close connection between Schizophrenia and Demonic possesion.You could be possesed by a demonic entity/entities.Maybe even talking to a priest or a nun could help you. Peace.

octopus
05-07-2013, 04:28 AM
http://www.gaps.me/

"Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS™) - Natural treatment for autism, ADHD/ADD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, depression and schizophrenia"

Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAP Syndrome or GAPS) is a condition, which establishes a connection between the functions of the digestive system and the brain. This term was created by Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride, MD, MMedSci (neurology), MMedSci (human nutrition) in 2004 after working with hundreds of children and adults with neurological and psychiatric conditions, such as autistic spectrum disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD/ADD), schizophrenia, dyslexia, dyspraxia, depression, obsessive –compulsive disorder, bi-polar disorder and other neuro-psychological and psychiatric problems."

http://www.gaps.me/?page_id=20

(Don't bother with the fish oil or dairy)

The information on that site is excellent, but I think Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride is unaware of today's main assault on our beneficial gut flora:

Roundup / Glyphosate by Monsanto.

It's sprayed onto grains and pulses just before harvest in order to kill off the crop, and the residue ends up in our digestive system where it kills beneficial gut bacteria.

http://www.naturalhealth365.com/dangerous_chemicals/roundup.html

Only eat organically grown grains and pulses and anything produced from them, like bread or even beer.
A good probiotic can help to restore healthy gut bacteria.

multiversal_quiver
05-07-2013, 04:53 AM
What sort of symptoms were you experiencing, and why did they reach that conclusion?

I think many of the diagnoses are completely bogus. The pill salesmen seem to like it that way.

mike420
06-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Orthomolecular teraphy may help

jondoeuk
07-12-2013, 05:13 PM
IV Vit C & B3

jondoeuk
07-12-2013, 05:17 PM
You should try Chelation as well. Also if you can then filter your water, buy organic and use non toxic household/personal products

piskavac
07-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Hi

Get rid of bread. It is full of starch and gluten. Gluten worsenes schizophrenia.

Get 3000-4500mg of niacin and at least 2-3 tabs of simple B100 complex.

But take your meds which your docs prescribe for you, B-complex and niacin will as equally help you to decrease side effects of these meds as decrease the amound needed for maintain you healthy.

But don't throw out your meds.

If you have difficulties getting rid of bread, take more milk in form of kefir. If you can't find fresh milk buy ""fresh"" from the supermarket and drink plenty of kefir few hours before or few hours later when taking your b-complex.

elshaper
07-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Natural cure = spirit releasing.

andy1033
07-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Energies are very important.

You need to understand your energies.

uccomama
07-12-2013, 09:41 PM
I see this is an old thread. I would recommend the work of William Walsh, and the Walsh Research Institute for anyone struggling with schizophrenia.

http://www.walshinstitute.org/index.asp

blood drinking annunaki
09-12-2013, 12:37 PM
All the advice on here is great, if I may, I suggest giving psilocybin or shroom's a go. Test's on individuals with mild to severe cases of schizophrenia and found positive results.

http://www.hofmann.org/papers/fisher/fisher_4.htm
http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/23/magic-mushrooms-may-be-therapeutic/

elshaper
10-12-2013, 05:37 PM
I don't know about cure but Glycine has also been positively tested as an add-on treatment for schizophrenia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycine

Coyle JT, G Tsai (2004). "The NMDA receptor glycine modulatory site: a therapeutic target for improving cognition and reducing negative symptoms in schizophrenia". Psychopharmacology 174: 32–28.

edelweiss pirate
10-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Niacin vitamin b3.

Zen meditation. Regain ownership of your mind.

piskavac
10-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Niacin vitamin b3.

Zen meditation. Regain ownership of your mind.

Niacin + B100 complex, because Niacin in many case works sinergistically with other b-vitamins. In case of sch. it works sinergistically with thiamine.

vegan_on_the_land
10-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Phytomedicine. 2013 May 15;20(7):654-8. doi: 10.1016/j.phymed.2013.01.007.

Yokukansan (TJ-54) for treatment of very-late-onset schizophrenia-like psychosis: an open-label study.

Miyaoka T, Wake R, Furuya M, Liaury K, Ieda M, Kawakami K, Tsuchie K, Fukushima M, Ishihara K, Araki T, Hashioka S, Horiguchi J.

Department of Psychiatry, Shimane University School of Medicine, Izumo, Japan. miyanyan(AT)med.shimane-u.ac.jp

Abstract

BACKGROUND:

Although schizophrenia affects all age groups, late or very-late-onset schizophrenia-like psychosis has not been well studied, and various treatment issues remain unresolved. The objective of the present study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of yokukansan (TJ-54), Japanese herbal medicine, monotherapy in a diagnostically homogenous group of elderly patients without cognitive impairment suffering from very-late-onset schizophrenia.

METHODS:

Forty patients of mean age 73.1±4.8 years, fulfilling both the recent consensus criteria for very late-onset schizophrenia-like psychosis and the DSM-IV-TR criteria for schizophrenia, were assessed by the brief psychiatric rating scale, the clinical global impression scale-severity, and positive and negative syndrome scale at baseline and after 4 weeks administration of TJ-54 (2.5-7.5 g/day). In addition, abnormal movements were evaluated with the Simpson-Angus scale, Barnes Akathisia scale, and abnormal involuntary movement scale.

RESULTS:

A highly significant (p<0.001) improvement on all measures of psychotic symptomatology was observed in all patients. TJ-54 was very well tolerated by the patients, and no clinically significant adverse effects were observed. Scores on all abnormal movement scales did not differ significantly prior to and after TJ-54 treatment.

CONCLUSION:

Preliminary results indicate that TJ-54 appears to be an efficacious and safe herbal medicine for treatment of very-late-onset schizophrenia-like psychosis.

------------------

Yokukansan (in Japan), Yi-Gan San (in China) or 抑肝散 is a traditional Asian herbal medicine.[1] It was originally described in 保嬰撮要[2] (Bâo yïng cuö yào, Synopsis for Protecting Infant) written by 薛鎧(Xue Kai) and 薛己 (Xue ji, a son of Xue Kai) in Ming dynasty China 1555 or 1556 as a remedy for restlessness and agitation in children.[3] Yokukansan (YKS) contains a mixture of dried herbs, 4 g of Atractylodis lanceae rhizoma (蒼朮), 4 g of Poria (伏苓), 3 g of Cnidii rhizoma (川芎), 3 g of Angelicae radix (当帰), 2 g of Bupleuri radix (柴胡), 1.5 g of Glycyrrhizae radix (甘草), and 3 g of Uncariae uncis cum ramulus (釣藤鈎).[4] These herbs are registered in the Pharmacopoeia of Japan ver. 15. Patients take 2.5 g of YKS powder (1.08 g extract) three times a day. YKS has been approved by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (Japan) as prescriptions covered under the National Health Insurance plan.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yokukansan

mike420
13-12-2013, 03:13 PM
I see you all saying niacin.
But how long will it take to see results?

edelweiss pirate
13-12-2013, 03:38 PM

Why don't you try it and see. There should be an immediate difference. The flush alone should signal a change in your condition. If you don't get the flush you're not taking enough.

piskavac
13-12-2013, 06:28 PM

It depends on severity of your schizophrenia. You probably already know that not every antipsychotic is equaly helpful to everyone, so it stands for natural "cure" for schizophrenia (and for every illness in general).

piskavac
13-12-2013, 06:36 PM
This articles may help, it speaks on TCM as natural remedies for schizophrenia.

But I think, I would rather use good old B-complex 100mg formula with Niacin 3000-4500mg

http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/190/5/379.full

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17470951

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/71315.php

electric_kicks
17-12-2013, 09:20 PM
I too would beg that you look into removing gluton. I am suffering with alopecia at the moment and have come across a lot of literature concerning gluton and it's effects on mental well being.

Good luck and all the best.

greenfellow
20-12-2013, 04:31 AM
Hi

JM
xx

I can't offer a cure without knowing the details of your symptoms.

For example if someone is hearing voices and being told to do bad things then an extra apple in their diet is highly unlikely to combat this.

Schizophrenia is diagnosed to so many without viable understanding of the patients condition in my experience.

I have half a dozen friends afflicted by a life sentence of anti - psychotics because they believed the psychiatrist was there to help them. They have turned fat, immobile and to creatively brain dead. There sense of humor has gone. Their sense of risk taking has gone. There enjoyment of life has gone.

My understanding of the Mental Health treatment in the UK is that your personal well being is not their primary concern. They wish to dope you up and slow down your brain so that you don't inflict damage to yourself or society. Secondary goal is to normalize you and make you productive.

I used to work for the council. I have seen how they view its citizens. It is all about costings. To see a consultant will cost the tax payer £233 per 45 minute visit. To have you admitted costs £1200. An hourly visit by a CPN costs £65. I also witnessed how they weigh up where to improve road safety. They look at the mortality numbers and who is involved. From my recollection the cost of saving 1 young adult is equal to the cost of 15 middle aged adults.

The consultants are there to keep this cost down. Not to help you. If the treatment you received helps you then that is good but it is not what they are employed to do primarily.

Word of caution though. If you have the time and you are not in crisis then i would delay the psychiatrists prescription in order to explore alternative routes.You will receive discrimination from society. You will not be able to apply for various jobs, you will find it difficult to emigrate, you wont be able to legally own a gun etc

Change your environment, get friends and family to help.

Be honest with yourself and trust in people who are worthy of your trust.

piskavac
20-12-2013, 06:27 PM
I can't offer a cure without knowing the details of your symptoms.

For example if someone is hearing voices and being told to do bad things then an extra apple in their diet is highly unlikely to combat this.

Schizophrenia is diagnosed to so many without viable understanding of the patients condition in my experience.

I have half a dozen friends afflicted by a life sentence of anti - psychotics because they believed the psychiatrist was there to help them. They have turned fat, immobile and to creatively brain dead. There sense of humor has gone. Their sense of risk taking has gone. There enjoyment of life has gone.

My understanding of the Mental Health treatment in the UK is that your personal well being is not their primary concern. They wish to dope you up and slow down your brain so that you don't inflict damage to yourself or society. Secondary goal is to normalize you and make you productive.

I used to work for the council. I have seen how they view its citizens. It is all about costings. To see a consultant will cost the tax payer £233 per 45 minute visit. To have you admitted costs £1200. An hourly visit by a CPN costs £65. I also witnessed how they weigh up where to improve road safety. They look at the mortality numbers and who is involved. From my recollection the cost of saving 1 young adult is equal to the cost of 15 middle aged adults.

The consultants are there to keep this cost down. Not to help you. If the treatment you received helps you then that is good but it is not what they are employed to do primarily.

Word of caution though. If you have the time and you are not in crisis then i would delay the psychiatrists prescription in order to explore alternative routes.You will receive discrimination from society. You will not be able to apply for various jobs, you will find it difficult to emigrate, you wont be able to legally own a gun etc

Change your environment, get friends and family to help.

Be honest with yourself and trust in people who are worthy of your trust.

Can you expand a bit your statement on applying more apple which (allegedly) interfere with hearing voices?

greenfellow
20-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Can you expand a bit your statement on applying more apple which (allegedly) interfere with hearing voices?

I was using the apple example as an exaggerated tool to put across my point. I don't believe apple's have much of an effect on schizophrenia but I stand to be corrected :)

carl0599
20-12-2013, 09:44 PM
according to Richard Bandler (yes the inventor of NLP) schizophrenics experience a total but temporary cure immediately after dialysis, and his claim is that it is a chemical imbalance. but do you want to be cured, is it a problem? is it just voice hallucination, if so have you told the voice in your head to always tell you the truth, or whats coming?
maybe you should read 'the bicarmal mind' by julian jaynes, before you decide

hope that helps

forrest22
21-12-2013, 01:14 AM
Fish Oil Benefits Depression and Stress
see
mega-3 fish oil as alternative treatment
Mental health disorders affect approximately 57.7 million adults in the U.S. every year1. Negative side effects associated with psychiatric medication may be one reason why a survey last year discovered that in the year immediately prior, “fewer than 25% of individuals with a mental disorder [from a college-aged population sample] sought treatment.”2 Multiple studies support the use of omega-3 fish oil as an alternative option for treatment, especially for mild depression and stress-related illnesses. Perhaps the best part: fish oil is completely natural and has no side effects.
http://www.omega3innovations.com/index.php/fish-oil-benefits-depression-stress/

mike420
22-12-2013, 12:24 AM
Why don't you try it and see. There should be an immediate difference. The flush alone should signal a change in your condition. If you don't get the flush you're not taking enough.

At start i think there where a little calmer mind with 3x1g a day.
But nothing much. Then i stopped.
I tried 1x4g once. nothing, only big flush.
I think wont work on me.

piskavac
22-12-2013, 07:52 AM
I think wont work on me.

It is better to get smaller amounts of any individual nutrient, but get as various nutrients as you can afford.

Magnesium and b-complex will work sinergically to better absorb Omega 3 fatty acids, and other fatty acids alike.

Bigger amount of Omega 3 didn't work for me anyway. But I was much better taking 2x100mg of b-cmoplex tabs.

mike420
02-02-2014, 05:35 PM
What vitamins should i check in my blood test, to see if i have any deficiencys?

Vitamin D (D3)
Vitamin B (B3, B6, B9, B12,)
Vitamin C
Zinc
Magnesium
Omega 3

Is there any more ?

Fishin
02-02-2014, 06:16 PM
What vitamins should i check in my blood test, to see if i have any deficiencys?

Vitamin D (D3)
Vitamin B (B3, B6, B9, B12,)
Vitamin C
Zinc
Magnesium
Omega 3

Is there any more ?

Many blood tests do not accurately tell you whether you have deficiencies of a vitamin or mineral. Magnesium tests and B12 tests certainly don't.

And the tests assume that doctors know what optimum levels are. In most cases they don't.

edelweiss pirate
02-02-2014, 11:07 PM
I think wont work on me.

Thanks for reply. The work of Dr Hoffer had found significant results in his research. But you said a calmer mind, that is a significant improvement.

Of course it would go hand in hand with a avoiding triggers, getting good sleep etc.

And as i said, Zen meditation.

kurupted_flesh
03-02-2014, 03:00 AM
I used bodybuilding, quantum physics/self help as well as Abilify and now it's just mild depression (though it was always just mind control all along!)

mike420
03-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Many blood tests do not accurately tell you whether you have deficiencies of a vitamin or mineral. Magnesium tests and B12 tests certainly don't.

And the tests assume that doctors know what optimum levels are. In most cases they don't.

In my country there is one medical laboratory where you can make thousands of different blood tests. I think they know what they are doing.

Anyway here are prices.

Vitamin D 8,08€
Vitamin B12 8,08€
Vitamin B6 29,85€
Zinc 42,31€
Magnesium 1,54€
Omega 3 61,57€

Big prices. Is it worth to try?

mike420
30-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Hey.
Any new ideas ?

Fishin
31-05-2014, 01:58 AM
In my country there is one medical laboratory where you can make thousands of different blood tests. I think they know what they are doing.

Anyway here are prices.

Vitamin D 8,08€
Vitamin B12 8,08€
Vitamin B6 29,85€
Zinc 42,31€
Magnesium 1,54€
Omega 3 61,57€

Big prices. Is it worth to try?

Tests for blood magnesium or blood B12 do not tell you whether you are actually deficient since most magnesium and B12 is not found in your blood. Blood levels as traditionally determined are therefore meaningless. But if you like pissing away money, go for it.

jondoeuk
31-05-2014, 03:51 AM
Vitamin B-3 and Schizophrenia: Discovery, Recovery, Controversy
by Abram Hoffer, MD
Quarry Press, Kingston, Ontario Canada (1998) ISBN 1-55082-079-6
Softcover, 150 pages plus bibliography and two appendices.

Review by Andrew W. Saul

The United States Patent Office delayed issuing a patent on the Wright brothers’ airplane for five years because it broke accepted scientific principles. This is actually true. And so is this: Vitamin B-3, niacin, is scientifically proven to be effective against psychosis, and yet the medical profession has delayed endorsing it. Not for five years, but for fifty.

In 1952, Abram Hoffer, PhD, MD, had just completed his psychiatry residency. What’s more, he had proven, with the very first double-blind, placebo-controlled studies in the history of psychiatry, that vitamin B-3 could cure schizophrenia. You would think that psychiatrists everywhere would have beaten down a path to Saskatchewan to replicate the findings of this young Director of Psychiatric Research and his colleague, Humphrey Osmond, MD.

You’d think so.

In modern psychiatry, niacin and schizophrenia are both terms that have been closeted away out of sight. And patients, tranquilized into submission or Prozac-ed into La-La Land, are often idly at home or wandering the streets, where either way it is highly doubtful that they will get much in the way of a daily vitamin intake. Those in institutions fare little better nutritionally. For everyone “knows” that vitamins do not cure “real” diseases.

But Dr Hoffer dissents. For half a century Dr Hoffer has dissented. His central point has been this: Illness, including mental illness, is not caused by drug deficiency. But much illness, especially mental illness, may be seen to be caused by a vitamin deficiency. This makes sense, and has stood up to clinical trial again and again. If you do not believe this, Vitamin B-3 and Schizophrenia will provide you with the references to prove it. And remember that it was Dr. Hoffer who started off those clinical studies in the first place. In 1952.

I personally should have first became aware of a food-brain connection during those all-night, cookie-fired mah-jongg marathons I all-too-regularly indulged in while attending Australian National University. Though arguably somewhat less than psychotic, my mind was nevertheless pretty whacked out on sugar, junk food and adrenalin by 3 am. My mood was destroyed; my mind agitated; unable to sleep, sit still, or smile. Of course, I never entertained even the thought of a nutrition connection. For we’ve all been carefully taught that drugs cure illness, not diet.

And certainly not vitamin supplements!

But the truth will out eventually. Three years later, I first saw niacin work on somebody else. He was a bona-fide, properly-diagnosed, utterly-incurable, State-hospitalized schizophrenic patient. I did not see niacin work in the hospital, of course; the only vitamins given there are what you can filter out of your “Jell-O” and your “Tang.” No, the patient was a fellow whose parents were desperate enough try anything, even nutrition. Perhaps this was because their son was so unmanageably violent that he was kicked out of the asylum and sent to live with them. On a good day, his Mom and Dad somehow got him to take 3,000 milligrams of niacin and 10,000 mg of vitamin C. Formally a hyperactive insomniac, he responded by sleeping for 18 hours the first night and becoming surprisingly normal within days. I’d seen him before, and I saw him after. I’d talked to his parents during the whole process. It was an astounding improvement.

Sometime afterward, I tried niacin to see if it would help my own touch of sleeplessness. I found it worked nicely, and it only took a little to do so, perhaps 100 milligrams at most. Any more and I would experience a warm “flush.” But then I found that when I ate junk food or sugar in quantity, I could hold 500 mg or more without flushing a bit. And when I took all that niacin, instead of flipping out, I was calm. In Vitamin B-3 and Schizophrenia, Dr. Hoffer explains why this is so:

1) As a rule, the more ill you are, the more niacin you can hold without flushing. In other words, if you need it, you physiologically soak up a lot of niacin. Where does it all go? Well, a good bit of it goes into making nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, or NAD. NAD is just about the most important coenzyme in your body. It is made from niacin, as its name implies.

2) Niacin is also works in your body as an antihistamine. Many persons showing psychotic behavior suffer from cerebral allergies. They need more niacin in order to cope with eating inappropriate foods. They also need to stop eating those inappropriate foods, chief among which are the ones they may crave the most: junk food and sugar.

3) There is a chemical found in quantity in the bodies of schizophrenic persons. It is an indole called adrenochrome. Adrenochrome (which is oxidized adrenalin) has an almost LSD-like effect on the body. That might well explain their behavior. Niacin serves to reduce the body’s production of this toxic material.

That Dr. Hoffer can compress a lifetime of research experience into one readable and surprisingly short book is a tribute to how clearly he teaches both layman and physician the essentials of niacin treatment. I have taught nutritional biochemistry to high school, undergraduate, and chiropractic students. To most, it is not an especially gripping subject. But when even a basic working knowledge of niacin chemistry can profoundly change psychotic patients for the better, it becomes very interesting very quickly.

Dr. Hoffer has treated thousands and thousands of such patients for nearly half a century. At 83, he still is in actively practicing orthomolecular (megavitamin) psychiatry. He has seen medical fads come and go. What he sees now is what he’s always seen: that very sick people get well on vitamin B-3.

http://www.doctoryourself.com/review_hoffer_B3.html

jondoeuk
31-05-2014, 03:52 AM
Orthomolecular Medicine News Service, October 7, 2005
Mental Health Treatment That Works

(OMNS) Doctors report that mental health problems including depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, ADHD, anti-social and learning disorders, and obsessive-compulsive disorders often have a common cause: insufficient nutrients in the brain. Nutritionally-oriented physicians assert that the cure for these problems is to give the body the extra nutrients it needs, especially when under abnormal stress.

Orthomolecular medical researchers say the future of psychiatry is in nutrition because nutrition has such a long, safe and effective history of correcting many mental problems. Nutrients such as the B-vitamins are most successful when taken regularly, taken in relatively high doses, and taken in conjunction with vitamin C, the essential fatty acids (EFA’s), and the minerals magnesium and selenium.

A summary of what has worked for many people follows below. The safety of vitamins and minerals is extraordinary, and the expense of trying them is much less than the cost of hazardous pharmaceutical drugs. These nutrients can be purchased in a discount or heath store.

Taking 1,000 mg of vitamin B-3 three times a day often cures mild to moderate depression. Dramatic results are often achieved within one week of beginning this nutritional program, especially in alcoholics. (1)

Taking this much niacin is very likely to cause a "niacin flush." Other articles at the orthomolecular.org website discuss this, such as http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v09n07.shtml and http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v01n10.shtml . It is recommended that you always work with your physician with any health program.

Sometimes a simple deficiency of vitamin D causes depression. 3,000 I.U./day from all sources can alleviate the problem. (2)

3,000 mg/day or more of niacin (vitamin B-3), along with the same quantity of vitamin C, taken in divided doses throughout the day can successfully treat both schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. (3)

Vitamins B-3, B-6, C and the minerals magnesium and zinc frequently produce a good response in ADHD and autistic children. (4)

Vitamins B-6, folate, and B-12 taken together lower elevated homocysteine levels in the elderly while improving mental function. (5)

As pointed out by chemistry professor and vitamin discoverer Roger J. Williams, PhD (6), each individual has different nutritional needs and responds differently to nutrients. Are you tired of being depressed, suffering from anxiety, paying huge prescription drug bills for unsafe prescriptions that don’t solve the problem or produce undesirable side effects? Are you tired of the piece-meal trial and error approach to finding a solution to your mental or emotional problems? If so, adults should consider the following nutritional protocol, which will bathe your brain and nerves in natural nutrients and may well produce dramatic results. The cost of trying the program below is less than the cost of a typical doctor’s office visit. It is safe and convenient. All of these nutrients can be purchased at large discount stores.

After the morning meal take:
A multivitamin tablet
1,000 mg of vitamin B-3 (as niacinamide or inositol hexanicotinate)
One B-complex tablet
100 mg of vitamin B-6
1,200 mcg of vitamin B-9 (folate or folic acid)
1,000-2,000 IU of vitamin D (the lower number if you get sunshine, the higher number if you don't)
1,000 mg of vitamin C
200 mg of magnesium
50 mg of zinc
200 micrograms (mcg) of selenium
30 grams of soy protein powder and one tablespoon of lecithin granules mixed into a small glass of juice or milk A supplement of omega-3 fatty acids [eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexanoic acid (DHA) and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)]

After the midday meal:
1,000 mg of vitamin B-3
1,200 mcg of vitamin folate
100 mg of vitamin B-6
One B-complex tablet
1,000 mg of vitamin C
200 mg of magnesium

After the evening meal:
A multivitamin tablet
1,000 mg of vitamin B-3
1,000 mg of vitamin C
One B-complex tablet
100 mg of vitamin B-6

All of the above supplements are safe in the recommended amounts, as well as inexpensive and convenient. There is not even one death per year from vitamins. Pharmaceutical drugs, properly prescribed and taken as directed, kill over 100,000 Americans annually. Hospital errors kill still more.

Restoring health must be done nutritionally, not pharmacologically. All cells in all persons are made exclusively from what we drink and eat. Not one cell is made out of drugs.

The most common mistake made by people who take vitamins is they fail to take enough vitamins.

The reason one nutrient can cure so many different illnesses is because a deficiency of one nutrient can cause many different illnesses.

References for further reading:
1. Hoffer A. Vitamin B-3: Niacin and its amide. http://www.doctoryourself.com/hoffer_niacin.html Also: Cheraskin E, Ringsdorf WM and Brecher A. Psychodietetics. Bantam Books, 1974.
2. Vieth R, Kimball S, Hu A, Walfish PG. Randomized comparison of the effects of the vitamin D3 adequate intake versus 100 mcg (4000 IU) per day on biochemical responses and the wellbeing of patients. Nutr J. 2004 Jul 19;3:8.
3. Hoffer A. Healing schizophrenia: Complementary vitamin & drug treatments. Toronto: CCNM Press, 2004. Also: Hawkins D and Pauling L. Orthomolecular psychiatry, San Francisco: Freeman, 1973. Also: Hoffer A. Niacin therapy in psychiatry, Charles C. Thomas, 1962.
4. Hoffer A. Healing children's attention and behavior disorders: Complementary nutritional & psychological treatments. Toronto: CCNM Press, 2004. Also: Hoffer A. Dr. Hoffer's ABC of natural nutrition for children. Kingston, Ontario: Quarry Press, 1999.
5. Selhub J, Jacques PF, Wilson PWF, Rush D, Rosenberg IH. Vitamin status and intake as primary determinants of homocysteinemia in an elderly population. JAMA 1993. 270:2693-2698. Also: Verhoef P, Meleady R, Daly LE, Graham IM, Robinson K, Boers GHJ, et al. Homocysteine, vitamin status and risk of vascular disease. European Heart Journal 1999. 20:1234-1244.
6. http://neon.cm.utexas.edu/williams/

http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v01n11.shtml

akira
31-05-2014, 05:21 PM
I have paranoid schizophrenia, I have just started attempting to cure this with cannabis oil because I'm currently experiencing psychosis and it's fucking horrible. It is still day 1 but I do feel better already. Yesterday I was a catatonic dribbley, Today I actually managed to go to the shop alone, my tremor has stopped and my mind isn't as cluttered as it was.

People that suggest meditation to clear the mind are talking bollocks and obviously have no experience of living with a constant internal dialogue, visual and aural hallucinations, feeling emotional pain physically ect, I understand that you mean well but it really is poor advice.

edelweiss pirate
31-05-2014, 05:52 PM
I have paranoid schizophrenia, I have just started attempting to cure this with cannabis oil because I'm currently experiencing psychosis and it's fucking horrible. It is still day 1 but I do feel better already. Yesterday I was a catatonic dribbley, Today I actually managed to go to the shop alone, my tremor has stopped and my mind isn't as cluttered as it was.

People that suggest meditation to clear the mind are talking bollocks and obviously have no experience of living with a constant internal dialogue, visual and aural hallucinations, feeling emotional pain physically ect, I understand that you mean well but it really is poor advice.

Actually you're wrong. I'm not talking bollocks but thanks for the kind thought.

Been there done that and got over it. I know all about it. The fact that you failed with meditation doesn't mean anything in the wider scheme of things. It just means that you have not put the effort in required to hold focus. I never EVER said it was a quick fix, at least a couple of months work.

Cheers.

akira
31-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Actually you're wrong. I'm not talking bollocks but thanks for the kind thought.

Been there done that and got over it. I know all about it. The fact that you failed with meditation doesn't mean anything in the wider scheme of things. It just means that you have not put the effort in required to hold focus. I never EVER said it was a quick fix, at least a couple of months work.

Cheers.

Could you make that anymore condescending and patronizing?

Fuck you :)

edelweiss pirate
31-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Could you make that anymore condescending and patronizing?

Fuck you :)

Those that dish it out can never take it can they eh?

akira
31-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Those that dish it out can never take it can they eh?

You tell me how to clear my mind then, you seem to think you have the answer, I said its bollocks and it clearly is.

People wouldn't commit suicide because of this if you could just concentrate and make it stop. I've been trying myself for years. You're as delusional as me :D

edelweiss pirate
31-05-2014, 09:57 PM
You tell me how to clear my mind then, you seem to think you have the answer, I said its bollocks and it clearly is.

People wouldn't commit suicide because of this if you could just concentrate and make it stop. I've been trying myself for years. You're as delusional as me :D

Ok mate, sorry about the bollocks.

There is no way in heaven or hell to instantly clear the mind.

It is a gradual process of learning to control the mind and hold focus.

Just do me a favour, sit in a quiet room with no disturbance. Ideally a sunny room.

Now there is a choice of approach.

You can try Zen which just means you try TRY being the operative word, because you will instantly fail, we all do, it's Not natural to have a still mind, at least not in our culture.

So you can sit still for maybe half a hour and TRY to lessen the thought tornado.

You will probably manage a few seconds of silence if you are lucky, but you keep at it every day. You will find your focus and attention becoming strengthened like a muscle.

The other approach which is also effective is to try to visualise an object in your mind, or even just a shape, and see how long you can keep it there before it starts moving or changing shape. At the beginning a matter of seconds, but if you do this conscious focussing exercise regularly then I forecast that within a couple of months you will have vastly more control of your mind.

Also take Niacin, and also, try to reconcile any internal conflicts you may have. You need to resolve the issue at the heart of the condition, and this may require psychological and intellectual creativity on your part.

Fishin
31-05-2014, 10:42 PM

It's difficult to cure your mind if your body does not have adequate nutrition just as it's difficult to make a car go fast if it has no petrol. Meditation is worthless if your problems are nutrition based.

The first step for any mental/emotional disorder should be to make sure you have adequate nutrition, particularly with respect to those nutrients that are related to brain health. That means to take a B vitamin supplement (lack of adequate folate is specifically linked to paranoia, lack of niacin is specifically linked to schizophrenia, and lack of B12 is linked to tremors), omega 3 oils, magnesium and zinc.

piskavac
01-06-2014, 01:41 PM
It's difficult to cure your mind if your body does not have adequate nutrition just as it's difficult to make a car go fast if it has no petrol. Meditation is worthless if your problems are nutrition based.

The first step for any mental/emotional disorder should be to make sure you have adequate nutrition, particularly with respect to those nutrients that are related to brain health. That means to take a B vitamin supplement (lack of adequate folate is specifically linked to paranoia, lack of niacin is specifically linked to schizophrenia, and lack of B12 is linked to tremors), omega 3 oils, magnesium and zinc.

But which nutrients should have more priority if someone haven't enoguh money to buy every of them in sufficient amount to have benefits from them?

For example Schizophrenia sufferer need 3000-4500mg niacine, at least 2500-5000mg of Omega3 fats (there was cases when only 20 000 mg EPA/DHA helped to solve out schizophrenia)

To concretize it... would it be better to buy only 2500-5000mg of EPA/DHA, but buy 4500mg of niacine, or would it be better for schizophrenia conditions to decrease niacin to 3000mg in order to aford bigger intake of EPA/DHA?

And we need to keep in mind that there are not only expenses. We need to buy bigger amount of other B-complex vitamins which are in synergy with Niacin, folate and B12. Such as thiamine, riboflavine, and pyridoxine.

pinkizzy
01-06-2014, 03:32 PM
I reckon a letter of recommendation should be written to one of the high security prisons in the uk, regarding natural cures for shizophrenia and other mental health issues. It would certainly provide a cheaper alternative to expensive drugs, which don't work that well anyway and reduce the incidences of self harm and suicides amongst poor copers.

Fishin
01-06-2014, 04:11 PM
But which nutrients should have more priority if someone haven't enoguh money to buy every of them in sufficient amount to have benefits from them?

For example Schizophrenia sufferer need 3000-4500mg niacine, at least 2500-5000mg of Omega3 fats (there was cases when only 20 000 mg EPA/DHA helped to solve out schizophrenia)

To concretize it... would it be better to buy only 2500-5000mg of EPA/DHA, but buy 4500mg of niacine, or would it be better for schizophrenia conditions to decrease niacin to 3000mg in order to aford bigger intake of EPA/DHA?

And we need to keep in mind that there are not only expenses. We need to buy bigger amount of other B-complex vitamins which are in synergy with Niacin, folate and B12. Such as thiamine, riboflavine, and pyridoxine.

People need to study that for themselves. They know their own diet, they know their own symptoms and they need to do a little online research to make their best estimate of what they need most. If they can adjust their diet to eat more foods containing B vitamins that would be great. B vitamin supplements are generally cheap, although good quality niacin and B12 are more expensive.

piskavac
01-06-2014, 04:16 PM
B vitamin supplements are generally cheap, although good quality niacin and B12 are more expensive.

It depends on the country where you live. Here in Croatia, we need to import much of goods including food supplements. And we pay fourfold price average US citizen pays for food supplement and we, at the same time have fivefold or even sevenfold lower life standard.

So, it is quite hard to introduce nutritional therapy for whatever illness. And is quite hard to convince wider masses here that they should try some ""alternative"" medicines.

Fishin
01-06-2014, 05:39 PM
It depends on the country where you live. Here in Croatia, we need to import much of goods including food supplements. And we pay fourfold price average US citizen pays for food supplement and we, at the same time have fivefold or even sevenfold lower life standard.

So, it is quite hard to introduce nutritional therapy for whatever illness. And is quite hard to convince wider masses here that they should try some ""alternative"" medicines.

It's hard to introduce nutritional therapy anywhere. Western medical doctors generally know nothing about nutrition (although veterinarians know quite a bit and use nutritional therapy for farm animals). Here in the US, supplements are much cheaper than doctors but more efefctive for many problems. People still won't use supplements for medical probelms. Poeple often take supplements but they usually don't know what they're taking or why.

edelweiss pirate
02-06-2014, 12:05 AM

Totally agree.

There are so many cool nutrients most people don't know about.

Sick of getting colds? Zinc, Echinacea and vitamin c. Bingo! No more colds and the ability to actually prevent latent cold symptoms from developing.

mike420
04-06-2014, 11:25 PM

Hey, how is this oil working now?
is it seed oil or that excpensive bud oil?

master x
05-06-2014, 09:21 AM
Hey, how is this oil working now?
is it seed oil or that excpensive bud oil?

I think maybe Akira, it actually depends on the type of meditation. There's of course the "not paying attention to thoughts", "paying attention and 100% focusing on a thought", focusing on a physical internal part, focusing on an external thing, on an internally created sound etc. They can have very different effects on a person, and as someone with their own mental problems, some may be unsuitable at certain times when you're experiencing events, while others may be helpful.

^I'm actually using CBD oil. It's only the Dixie brand but it DOES help. My anxiety is right down, but my OCD programming is still there. It limits the anxiety, which is helpful most of the time, but some of the time my OCD routines only stopped when I got so frustrated and anxious I was forced to say "sod it" and it just stop. Now I find myself occasionally just going on and on with my OCD routine, because while the anxiety isn't as bad the routine is still programmed in. Did I explain that right?

mike420
13-07-2014, 07:20 PM
What brand of CBD oil do you recommend?

Fishin
16-08-2014, 04:13 PM
"75% of Americans are at Double the Risk of Schizophrenia due to Vitamin D Deficiency

By David Gutierrez, contributing writer to Natural News

Vitamin D deficiency may double the risk of schizophrenia, according to a study conducted by researchers from Isfahan University of Medical Sciences in Iran and published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism.

According to some estimates, that may mean that 75 percent of the US population is at double the usual risk of schizophrenia!

“When we examined the findings of several observational studies on vitamin D and schizophrenia, we found people with schizophrenia have lower vitamin D levels than healthy people,” said researcher Ahmad Esmaillzadeh, PhD. “Vitamin D deficiency is quite common among people with schizophrenia.”"

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/867760-75-of-americans-are-at-double-the-risk-of-schizophrenia-due-to-vitamin-d-deficiency/

onenessbeing
16-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Hi

JM
xx

You might want to look up a shaman who heals in you're area. They're pretty good as far as i know.

jondoeuk
16-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Here is some good info http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1972/pdf/1972-v01n01-p046.pdf http://www.altmedrev.com/publications/13/4/287.pdf http://www.orthomed.org/jom/JOMonline/2012/JOM%2027.1.2012.pdf http://www.jonathanprouskynd.com/uploads/Orthomolecular_Treatment_of_Schizophrenia.pdf