PDA

View Full Version : I'm a 20 stone man and need to lose weight fast...

cajun
27-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Well as the title says I'm tipping the scales 287 lbs (to be exact) and
can't seem to shift ANY weight, despite my efforts. Not to mention I
have a whole host of symptoms, including, but not limited to:

Balding;
Irritable;
Dry mouth;
Forgetfullness;
Rectal, anal itch;
Lethargy, apathy;
Shortsightedness;
Wake unrefreshed;
Drooling while sleep;
Frequent loose stools;
Dry lips when waking;
Pain: back, neck, shoulders;
Blurry, unclear vision frequently;
Pins and needles: feet and hands;
Numbness, tingling in hands, feet;
Hyuperactive tendency, acute anxiety;
Restless sleep (toss, turn, wake often);
Increased appetite, hungry after meals;
Picking at nose, boring nose with finger;
Need for extra sleep, wake unrefreshed;
Variable, changeable consistently of stool;
Skin itches, particularly upper arms and groin;
Wake up most mornings with blocked nasal passages
Red upper gums, which bleed when brushing despite good oral hygiene.

Here's a little background...

I'm 27, when I was 20 I was a lean 11 stone 12 pounds (an ideal weight
for a 6 footer). However, I was put on medication for depression and the
weight just seemed to creep on, year by year. In approximately April last
year I was hospitalised in a psychiatric intuition for 5 months because I
came off my meds and weighed in at 18 and a half stone at the time.
Due to the (awful!) diet in the hospital I put 3 stone on in their and have
been unable to shift the weight since being discharged.
However, since the start of January, I have changed my diet dramatically
and mostly eat organic food. I have not waivered from this diet at all.

A typical days diet now consists of the following:

Breakfast (7:00am)
Porridge with raw milk, 1 tablespoon of flax seed, ground pumpkin seed, 1
teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of manuka honey and a sprinkle of celtic
sea salt, with 1 cut organic banana on top.

2 slices of organic spelt or organic rye bread with organic homemade apple
and blackberry jam or raw butter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mid morning snack (10:30am)
Organic apple and a hand full of organic raw nuts (brazil, cashew, walnut
or macademia)

Lunch (13:00)
2 hardboiled free range organic eggs or tuna on home made oatcakes with
olive oil.

Salad consisting or lettuce, peppers, cucumber and 1 organic tomato, with
1 tablespoon of organic first cold pressed unfiltered extra virgin olive oil and
a pinch of celtic sea salt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Mid afternoon snack (15:30)
Organic orange and a hand full of raw nuts

Tea (17:00)
i glass of Organic Apple juice
1 Organic sirloin steak
Organic green beans and boiled potatoes drizzled in olive oil and a pinch
of celtic sea salt

1 or 2 pieces of 85% dark chocolate

I don't eat after 6. I consume oily fish twice a week and I try to get out
every day and do as much walking as possible. I'm looking for advice on
what should be added to/or removed from my diet and any other tips on
how to shift the weight.

Thanks,
Colin
Cajun

infinite tea
28-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Hey Colin,

Anything I say to you is going to either sound condescending or unfairly aggressive.... this is suppose is the crux of the problem you are facing.

What advice would you give yourself?

I had the same dilemma a couple of years ago...my wife told me to stop being such a victim and take control of my own life. After spending a couple of weeks or so sulking and cursing her one night I realised she was right and I stopped lying to myself or counting on anyone else for any help. I just thought to myself...I'm going to sort myself out, and that's what I did.....

....Or maybe this is all some shit designed to motivate you to do what's right for you???

It's your life, there is no one here who gives half a shit about anyone but them self...they may say they do but really they don't. Do what's right for you....you deserve to be happy....don't you??

wildhorse
28-02-2011, 12:27 AM
ere ya go son.....read read read :)

http://www.fitnessthroughfasting.com/index.html

http://www.freedomyou.com/

you wont regret it :cool:

cajun
28-02-2011, 12:34 AM
ere ya go son.....read read read :)

http://www.fitnessthroughfasting.com/index.html

http://www.freedomyou.com/

you wont regret it :cool:

Many thanks, am reading now.

eustacekidd
28-02-2011, 01:03 AM
You literally need to run your ass around the block a couple of times, well maybe not run, but you should be doing simple things like walking 30mins each day, then maybe working up to light jogging.

cajun
28-02-2011, 01:16 AM
You literally need to run your ass around the block a couple of times, well maybe not run, but you should be doing simple things like walking 30mins each day, then maybe working up to light jogging.

Yes, I do about 20 minutes per day of brisk walking, with altering terrain.

Infinite I
28-02-2011, 01:21 AM
My mum had a diet that was given to overweight people before they went for heart surgery, they had to lose the weight and it flew off with my mum and my auntie, they were just using it like a normal diet. I tried to look for it but I couldnt see it.

I go through phases of practically fasting, when im drinking ayahuasca I will cut down two days before drinking then hardly eat the day I drink it. Those days I will usually wake up and go as long as possible without food then have something light then try leave it as long as possible then either eat something light or drink ayahuasca. Ayahuasca forced the issue with my diet because you are supposed to fast and well it can make you quite ill and you dont want the added trouble of having a full stomach, after the expereince I usually have some veggie soup or bread, usually what ive been eating during that day. I always get headaches when fasting though, though I rarely fast completely, though im not overweight but ive noticed when I put it on some, like recently after a holiday, a few weeks of using psychedelics and fasting and im losing it again, recently ive been going to work at 7 and having a smoothie and starving myself till dinner, good habits to get into just try and forget about it lol

i_am
28-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Try raw vegan and continue to walk, perhaps increasing the time gradually. it works :)

allure
28-02-2011, 02:02 AM
If you really wanted to get serious the raw vegan diet is the one. You will lose 1lb per day if you stick to it, check this guy: http://www.youtube.com/user/RawFoodForMyLife

Check how excited he is as you can see in the later videos how healthy he is becoming.

I'm easing into raw vegan myself, not to lose weight, for general wellbeing and spiritual reasons. You only lose weight on the diet until you reach a healthy weight anyway.

dlb2007
28-02-2011, 02:10 AM
well i am on a "diet" right now, i got sick of trying other diets that just engorge my appetite and tempt me to abandon them, they take forever anyway.

i am currently 17st 9lbs but only last week i was 18st 2lbs and i must admit i have not stuck to my diet this week as religiously as i should have but that is the great thing with this diet so long as you stick to it most of the week you will be fine.

It is possible, as i have done in the past to loose upto 1st per week and half a stone a week is very common, even if you break it slightly.

drinks should be diet but given the aspartame, i have decided to drink less of regular soft drink and more natural fruit juice, tea with one sugar is fine

food wise.

i have no breakfast

a small lighty buttered bun with plenty of ham about 2pm

and a tin of tommatos about an hour b4 bed

thats it

the first week expect a touch of the runs for a day or two but nothing major

allure
28-02-2011, 02:19 AM
well i am on a "diet" right now, i got sick of trying other diets that just engorge my appetite and tempt me to abandon them, they take forever anyway.

i am currently 17st 9lbs but only last week i was 18st 2lbs and i must admit i have not stuck to my diet this week as religiously as i should have but that is the great thing with this diet so long as you stick to it most of the week you will be fine.

It is possible, as i have done in the past to loose upto 1st per week and half a stone a week is very common, even if you break it slightly.

drinks should be diet but given the aspartame, i have decided to drink less of regular soft drink and more natural fruit juice, tea with one sugar is fine

food wise.

i have no breakfast

a small lighty buttered bun with plenty of ham about 2pm

and a tin of tommatos about an hour b4 bed

thats it

the first week expect a touch of the runs for a day or two but nothing major

You should try the raw vegan, a million times more nutritious and satisfying than that. You can eat pretty much whenever you want on it.

allure
28-02-2011, 02:21 AM
Soft drinks of all kinds should be avoided at all costs. Even fruit juices tbh, the only fruit juices I drink are ones I've juiced myself.

But this stuff is my juice: http://www.kginnerhealth.co.uk/ultimate_greens_powder.asp A scoop of that in water with a capful of apple cider vinegar added, I absolutely love it. :)

cajun
28-02-2011, 03:29 AM
Soft drinks of all kinds should be avoided at all costs. Even fruit juices tbh, the only fruit juices I drink are ones I've juiced myself.

But this stuff is my juice: http://www.kginnerhealth.co.uk/ultimate_greens_powder.asp A scoop of that in water with a capful of apple cider vinegar added, I absolutely love it. :)

Hi,

I don't drink soft/soda drinks and haven't done so since I was 17.

I buy bottles of apple juice which are made from about 8 apples and nothing else.

allure
28-02-2011, 04:24 AM
You're diet seems to be good, I mean if you're sticking to that and getting some light activity you should be losing weight.

Though I would try to alkalize as much as possible, green vegetables and juices, that green powder I posted is amazing stuff, and or/drink plenty of water with organic apple cider vinegar in it.

mycharona
28-02-2011, 04:36 AM
Exercise bike. Daily.

cajun
28-02-2011, 05:01 AM
You're diet seems to be good, I mean if you're sticking to that and getting some light activity you should be losing weight.

Though I would try to alkalize as much as possible, green vegetables and juices, that green powder I posted is amazing stuff, and or/drink plenty of water with organic apple cider vinegar in it.

Yes, I drink 2 litres of bottled water per day and a tablespoon of organic apple
cider vinegar before my main meals.

Also, I've been eating a little bee pollen each day which I got on ebay.

gnosis_dub
28-02-2011, 05:22 AM
Here is a book that will change your life:

Amazon.com: The Gabriel Method: The Revolutionary DIET-FREE Way to Totally Transform Your Body (9781582702186): Jon Gabriel: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51etzLq13aL.@@AMEPARAM@@51etzLq13aL

more info: http://www.gabrielmethod.com/

You diet looks pretty good. I would make sure you don't over do the dairy or nuts. I would add Chia Seeds to your diet. Chias are superfoods so you won't have the need to eat as much. I like the fact you are eating Celtic Sea Salt. You may want to consider adding Kelp too, to enhance your thyroid. Also, the bread and oatcakes would be good to drop since they tend to be fillers.

Make sure you get enough exercise. If you can afford to buy a mini trampoline (rebounder) and jump on it 30 mins./day, that surely will help shed some weight.

Lastly, the indian herb "Coleus Forskohlii" is suppose to help with weight loss. Yerba Matť tea, Green tea are good fat burners as well.

blue2
28-02-2011, 06:00 AM
Bought my son an Omega Vert juicer see www.omegajuicer.com or UK Juicers and it came with a 100 recipes book for raw juicing he lost a stone and half in three weeks with juicing raw veges and fruits with the recipes. But he does use Armourthyroid too for underactive thyroid. The juicing does it good though if you use 4 litres of it.

Cut out the porridge as it contains Gluten, and dairy as that has saturated fats. Prescription drugs will have made thyroid underactive for sure. Five meals you are having, and oatcakes are fattening and contain gluten too, try Dark Ryvitas and wholegrain rice cakes.

St Johns Wort works better and you could well have Iodine deficiency and i would strongly recommend Magnascent iodine see www.magnascent.com your thyroid won't work without it.It should be taken 4 drops each two hours or even hour to begin with. Are you in UK or USA? PM me if you need to ask me anything.

tits mcgee
28-02-2011, 06:04 AM

Balding;
Irritable;
Dry mouth;
Forgetfullness;
Rectal, anal itch;
Lethargy, apathy;
Shortsightedness;
Wake unrefreshed;
Drooling while sleep;
Frequent loose stools;
Dry lips when waking;

or macademia)

olive oil.

1 tablespoon of organic first cold pressed unfiltered extra virgin olive oil and

1 Organic sirloin steak
of celtic sea salt

how to shift the weight.

Thanks,
Colin
Cajun

Stop eating junk, lay of the carbonated beverages and booze and get some exercise...it ain't rocket science.

wildhorse
28-02-2011, 06:12 AM
shit forgot to say and above posts jus reminded me...cayanne pepper...natural thermogenic so it burns fat and does a load of other nifty stuff too, that i cant think of at 5am in the morning :D

cajun
28-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Here is a book that will change your life:

http://www.amazon.com/Gabriel-Method-Revolutionary-DIET-FREE-Transform/dp/1582702187

more info: http://www.gabrielmethod.com/

You diet looks pretty good. I would make sure you don't over do the dairy or nuts. I would add Chia Seeds to your diet. Chias are superfoods so you won't have the need to eat as much. I like the fact you are eating Celtic Sea Salt. You may want to consider adding Kelp too, to enhance your thyroid. Also, the bread and oatcakes would be good to drop since they tend to be fillers.

Make sure you get enough exercise. If you can afford to buy a mini trampoline (rebounder) and jump on it 30 mins./day, that surely will help shed some weight.

Lastly, the indian herb "Coleus Forskohlii" is suppose to help with weight loss. Yerba Matť tea, Green tea are good fat burners as well.

Thanks.

Yes, I have heard of Chia seeds. And I heard of yerba mate tea and rebounding
from Kevin Trudeau.

And yes on the bread and oatcakes aswell. If anything I seem to feel 'heavy'
after eating them

I also add a kg of the sea salt to my bath once a week and bath in it for 30 mins.
It's the best thing I've found for hard skin on your feet.

cajun
28-02-2011, 06:39 AM
St Johns Wort works better

I totally agree. However, I came off my medication for depression (under the
supervision of my psychiatrist) last year with the intention of taking st. John's
wort. Next thing I knew I was in a psychiatric hospital with persistant thoughts
of suicide.

cajun
28-02-2011, 06:43 AM
Stop eating junk, lay of the carbonated beverages and booze and get some exercise...it ain't rocket science.

Could you do me the courtesy of actually reading what I typed?

I don't drink booze, don't smoke and don't drink carbonated drinks.

blue2
28-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Cajun the Anti Depressants can cause Suicide. And they do put weight on cos they can make Thyroid gland underactive. As can allergies like to Gluten. Keep off boxed cereals. Drink 4-6 litres water daily pref Evian. Bananas too can put weight on so try dark berries like blueberries for instance, berry fruits are good for you but don't add sugar to them.

E3 Enzymes to take for eating cooked foods. Get some Test sticks for Diabetes too, Diastix to test your urine for sugar.

Even being short of Minerals like Magnesium can cause depression and serious mood changes-see Mark Sircus as he wrote a book on Transdermal Magnesium. Also OxyT from Health Leads UK is oxygenated magnesium,good for detoxing.

www.detoxyourworld.com for Ionic Minerals. If using Spirulina it blocks cells so need Dr Mercola B12 Spray from www.red23.co.uk. You may well be short of B12 and it causes depression too if depleted and digestion problems as it is responsible for cell regeneration.There is also a Magnesium spray on red23 and these two will certainly be needed and allay depression and best way of absorbing.

Then there is Candida overgrowth another cause of depression and mood swings as it blocks cell receptors to glands and most folks do have it...see www.phkillscancer.com for the Protocol but you need PH sticks too to measure your alkaline levels as they need to go up to 8.0 and Black Strap Molasses cheap enough along with Bicarbonate Soda.It's a teaspoon of each in 8oz water.

Your Symptoms sound parasitic/Candida and do get Thyroid checked out and visit sites i mention below, Adrenals too can mess up sleep pattern as well as thyroid even when underactive in early days it can make you feel hyper there is very fine line. Fruits will feed candida so limit to berries- you need something like Solgar Multi Acidophilus too. Colloidal Paracleanse too might help from www.HarmonikIreland.com Do you get sore throats?

Then i'd also think of testing Adrenals by way of 24 hr Saliva test..Lab21 but see Thyroid UK and Thyroid Patient Advocacy, Thyroid Tears too. I do not recommend synthetc L Thyroxine though.

Try UDO Oil on salads from Health Food shops as you need Omega 3. Also MorEpa is good too.

You have set your post out clearly and obviously are trying your best to do something decent for yourself to the best of your knowledge. Did you have any emotional upset at all to bring on the depression? as shocks and bereavements do cause thyroid probs as does surgery.

Think that's about all for now hope it helps i think it gives you your best shot tbh.

i_am
28-02-2011, 07:27 AM
Some very good advice there blue2 :)

blue2
28-02-2011, 07:34 AM
Oh thank you :) tis from personal experiences and from what i've gathered to be best options over the years. I know the chaos it all causes.

madmax
28-02-2011, 07:44 AM
One very important thing.
Don't drop the weight too fast either you will put more on or do more damage to yourself.
Little steps, build up the body slowly.

ozpixie
28-02-2011, 08:52 AM
This is an issue that seems easy for naturally thin people but when you have to watch every mouthful you eat and make sure you burn it off it can feel like an impossible task. The older you get the harder it seems as well.

Hugs and good vibes to you.

i_am
28-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Oh thank you :) tis from personal experiences and from what i've gathered to be best options over the years. I know the chaos it all causes.

ditto :)

I found raw vegan was the way to go. I did 100% for a month and never felt better in my life. I now try to keep to 80% and am still losing weight.

I have just now put on a pair of jeans I have had for two years and could not get into...until today :D

Yaaayy for me !!

disorder2k8
28-02-2011, 09:01 AM
I've started jogging and it really helps with tiring yourself out, then you can try for better sleep and lose weight too.

scottishryan
28-02-2011, 09:41 AM
This is an area I have worked extensively at and trying to put a book together to give away free online :)

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr92/rcps-scotland/weightloss.jpg

You can now increase the above to 130lb lost and I have been on every diet going in the past...this time it was different.

A lot of good information on this topic and all I can add is this, its not what you are eating, its the fact of how you are eating it and placing the emphasise on a plan without addressing the habits. Here is a small article I wrote before:

Simple Weight-Loss

Donít you find it funny, that large corporations seem to think that they know more about our bodies than we intuitively do. Would you let a large corporation tell you when to go to the toilet, when to go to sleep or dictate in any other way? There is one fundamental thing you need to keep in mind, the root cause of why corporations exist, and it has little to do with your health, well-being or enjoyment in life. It is money, pure and simple and please keep that in mind.

Your body has more knowledge and wisdom that any corporation, it has your best interests at heart, it always has. The signals that you feel are there for a reason, they are communicating with you and it is for your benefit. Forget about diets, forget about forbidden foods and eat what you want to eat, so simple that it is actually hard to grasp. Food pyramids, calorie counting, low carbohydrate and all these other plans and information is just pure insanity.

When youíre hungry your body will signal to you that it needs food, you all know what that sensation feels like and most seem to be so afraid of this healthy natural signal. You need to embrace it and you need to accept it fully and then begin to welcome it as a time when youíre going to have some lovely food to nourish your body.

Then when you sit down to eat it has to be something that you really love, not something that you detest but eating it just because you have been told to do so. Iíve lost over hundred pounds by eating all the food the I love but I have in the past tried it with diet plans and food I hated, please donít go there as it is very unpleasant and unnatural and most of all, soul destroying. Only pick the very best quality and enjoy every single mouthful.

When you sit down to eat also, eat slowly savouring every single bite, taste all the flavours and take your time while doing so. I cannot emphasise this enough and this is a key to not just weight loss but to the rest of your life around food.

Donít fall for diets, donít listen to the verbal diarrhoea, from so-called experts. The true expert is within you and always has been and if you begin following this inner wisdom you will see magical results, that I can promise.

* Always follow your body signals.
* Only eat what you like.
* Savour every single bite by eating slowly.
* When full signal comes, stop eating and honour the signal.

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr92/rcps-scotland/156557_104600359613930_100001918989447_32631_78519 30_n.jpg

Overconsumption is a massive problem in todayís society and this is a massive plus for greedy corporations and similar, do not fall victim to the manipulation, only take what you need whether that be food or any other resource and you will see massive changes both in your personal life and on the world stage.

Start taking back control, take back your power and your responsibility and start living again.

Namaste xx

Ryan OíNeill

Weight Loss In Pics - 70+lbs - YouTube

Now like many people on this topic or site, once I started listening to my body and freeing myself from the stress of what to eat and restriction of favourite foods, I noticed my tastes naturally changing which resulted in me now being a vegetarian for the past year....all my weight was lost mostly before this though....this additional change was like icing on the cake...you feel great.

I hope this helps at least a little :)

eustacekidd
28-02-2011, 12:15 PM

If you're active and burning calories that's great, but you cant keep doing the same thing and expect better results, so the best course now is to increase how much you walk and introduce one light jog per week, slowly building up to 2, then 3 etc. Diet is one half of the equation and yours is pretty good, but unless you burn more calories per day than you take in you'll never lose weight.

strawberries
28-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Hello Cajun, I would cut the morning and afternoon snacks or only take an apple... because the nuts, they are caloric...
Don't eat every 2 hours, try to feel the sensation of hunger and resist(if you can't, drink hot water or eat an apple).
And also, try to increase your exercising. 20 mn of walking is not enough, your body starts to burn calories only after 15 mn of exercising, so when you do 20 mn, only 5 mn are effective. Try to increase your resistance a little bit every day. ;)
Have you tried aquagym(fitness in pool)? It burns a lot of calories and it is not violent for the body.

strawberries
28-02-2011, 12:54 PM
I've started jogging and it really helps with tiring yourself out, then you can try for better sleep and lose weight too.

No, I wouldn't advise him jogging. Too rough for the articulations.

eustacekidd
28-02-2011, 12:58 PM
No, I wouldn't advise him jogging. Too rough for the articulations.

This is true if you're jogging on concrete, but light jogging on grass isn't really bad at all on the knees, although the OP would want to lose a few kilos first by walking.

scottishryan
28-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Don't eat every 2 hours, try to feel the sensation of hunger and resist

Are you advising that he resist his bodies hunger signal?

strawberries
28-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Are you advising that he resist his bodies hunger signal?

Hunger is in the brain. He says that he is always hungry. What is not good is eating between the meals/fixed hours. So, yes, resisting to hunger is a good challenge. ;)

strawberries
28-02-2011, 01:08 PM
This is true if you're jogging on concrete, but light jogging on grass isn't really bad at all on the knees, although the OP would want to lose a few kilos first by walking.

Right. I'd advise him walking and turn it into fast walking little by little. His resistance will increase naturally if he does it everyday.

scottishryan
28-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Hunger is in the brain. He says that he is always hungry. What is not good is eating between the meals/fixed hours. So, yes, resisting to hunger is a good challenge. ;)

Hunger is not in the brain, is this your belief? You honour hunger and I am talking true hunger which will be felt in your stomach a light emptiness and advancing to a growl and movement if left. This is your body signal to eat food, it is not a signal there to trick you.

No one is hungry all the time, having habits, desires and cravings is far removed from real hunger.

Fixed hours are a lot of rubbish too but I agree with your unessential eating between body signals for real nourishment. We don't eat by the clock, we eat by when we are signalled too and eat slowly to allow the brain to receive the full signal (20mins roughly) when full we stop rather that clearing plates et al.

Why are people looking outside themselves and going against their bodies...its ludicrous really.

No offence....I have lived the above, I have been over 20 stone and I have seen a multitude of people do as I have and had exact same results...that doesn't suit a society always looking out there for answers and fast fixes though...make me sad really. In the end, you do it the easy way or the hard way...all personal choices I suppose.

cajun
28-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Wow, I just got back. Thank you for all the replies!

I agree mostly with what everyone has said, apart from one thing
- the jogging.

I broke my back 4 years ago, and received spinal fusion surgery
which has left me in chronic pain. I have't been able to jog since
then.

I would like more advice on my symptoms. I have had two colonics
from a qualified hydrotherapist, hoping this would alleviate a lot of
my symptoms. The sore tummy's improved but did little help for the
others...

Thanks again.

hadabusa
28-02-2011, 11:48 PM
look.

skip all carbohydrates.
permanently+totally.

drink only water period.
5small meals/day.
keep protein intake high(2g/kg bodyweight).

do weight training if possible, but at very least do cardio.45min@110 heartrate.
daily.

this is advice from a former competitive level bodybuilder, aka best you'll get.

solution sounds simple, +it is.
just needs much determination+will.

wanna get lean?you will get lean, if u *really* want.

will be no picknick adventure, but its doable.

losing 8lbs fat/mth is realistic.
ifu lose more, your body burns muscles(wich are best fatburner btw).

if ppl promise bigger results, theyre either:

-lying crooks

-clueless imbeciles

see my pics, havent been2gym in 5years, i just eat properly.
as reference.

cheers

cajun
28-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Diet is one half of the equation and yours is pretty good

Can you offer suggestions to improve my diet? (this is a serious request)

eustacekidd
01-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Wow, I just got back. Thank you for all the replies!

I agree mostly with what everyone has said, apart from one thing
- the jogging.

I broke my back 4 years ago, and received spinal fusion surgery
which has left me in chronic pain. I have't been able to jog since
then.

I would like more advice on my symptoms. I have had two colonics
from a qualified hydrotherapist, hoping this would alleviate a lot of
my symptoms. The sore tummy's improved but did little help for the
others...

Thanks again.

It sucks that you had to have spinal fusion, it definitely precludes a lot of exercise, my advice would be to stick to walking, maybe increase the time and try a bit of incline, and try swimming is you can handle it, as it's completely non impact and burns a lot of calories. The best thing you can do though is see a physiotherapist and get their opinion on what you can and cant do.

Can you offer suggestions to improve my diet? (this is a serious request)

As Hadabusa said, high protein low carbs spread out in small portions throughout the day is your best bet, try and calculate the amount of calories you take in a day and then you can work on how much you need to burn to lose weight.

cajun
01-03-2011, 12:02 AM
look.

skip all carbohydrates.
permanently+totally.

drink only water period.
5small meals/day.
keep protein intake high(2g/kg bodyweight).

do weight training if possible, but at very least do cardio.45min@110 heartrate.
daily.

this is advice from a former competitive level bodybuilder, aka best you'll get.

solution sounds simple, +it is.
just needs much determination+will.

wanna get lean?you will get lean, if u *really* want.

will be no picknick adventure, but its doable.

losing 8lbs fat/mth is realistic.
ifu lose more, your body burns muscles(wich are best fatburner btw).

if ppl promise bigger results, theyre either:

-lying crooks

-clueless imbeciles

see my pics, havent been2gym in 5years, i just eat properly.
as reference.

cheers

Hi, thanks for that.

What is a typical days diet for you?

Can you suggest books/advice on the type of weight training/
cardio you recommend?

cajun
01-03-2011, 12:06 AM
It sucks that you had to have spinal fusion, it definitely precludes a lot of exercise, my advice would be to stick to walking, maybe increase the time and try a bit of incline, and try swimming is you can handle it, as it's completely non impact and burns a lot of calories. The best thing you can do though is see a physiotherapist and get their opinion on what you can and cant do.

Yes, I need to see a cranio sacral therapist each week and
do rolfing sessions (which isn't cheap) to deal with the pain.

Yes, the physio says swimming and walking are the best.

hadabusa
01-03-2011, 12:09 AM
ill analize your diet+tell you why its bad.
going from pov that low carbohydrate diet is best.bc it is.

Breakfast (7:00am) Porridge with raw milk, 1 tablespoon of flax seed, ground pumpkin seed, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of manuka honey and a sprinkle of celtic sea salt, with 1 cut organic banana on top.2 slices of organic spelt or organic rye bread with organic homemade appleand blackberry jam or raw butter

milk=fats+carbs= worst fatmaker combo imagineable.
abolish.drink water.
seeds?stop that bs.
honey?high glycemic index carbs, aka sugar.
stop it.
banana?fruitsugar, can only be stored in liver,20grams.
stop it use vitamin tabs instead.
bread?stop eating bread altogether.black/white/corny, all useless fatmaker bombs.
jam?see high glycemic index fruit sugar.
stop altogether.
butter?its PURE fat, stop immediatelly.

look, b4 i go on, letme know if youre ready to stop eating fat or carbohydrates altogether.
if youre not ready to do so, theres no way you'll get lean.

your diet problem is high glycemic index carbs coupled with fats.

to get drastic results, you'll have2go trough drastic changes in diet.
or fuckall gonna happen.

mark my words.or leave them.

hadabusa
01-03-2011, 12:16 AM

body goes2 fatburning mode no sooner then after 20mins of cardio, given sugar reserves are empty.

do 45min/day on empty stomach.

icke_is_right
01-03-2011, 12:20 AM
I have given this post a lot of thought during my 2 hour walk this evening. I've also studied a lot and continue a continuous regime. I am 42, 6ft, 13.5 Stone.

My primary suggestion is to consider what you is going through your mind most of the day. If you can turn this to an obsessive desire to achieve your goals and never give up, you will be most of the way there.

Consider a champion and what they do all day to become one. It's definitely not 20 mins of practice, it's mind and body on the job 24/7. So, if you really want to get in shape, are you willing to do what it takes?

From your posts, I would suggest that you are making excuses and avoiding responsibility. You need to decide if you want to be a victim or not. Champions are not generally victims, they turn adversity into positive outcomes. Victims have stories and excuses and it's generally anyone else's fault but themselves.

If you want to get into shape you're going to have to put your mind to it for most of your waking day. It's no use anyone saying, 'do this or do that', getting your mind focused is the route of success or failure.

The rest will follow, so, what do you want to be? If you think that my post is helpful, I'll follow up with other studies you can undertake. If not, good luck.

hadabusa
01-03-2011, 12:23 AM
If you really wanted to get serious the raw vegan diet is the one. You will lose 1lb per day if you stick to it, check this guy: http://www.youtube.com/user/RawFoodForMyLife

Check how excited he is as you can see in the later videos how healthy he is becoming.

I'm easing into raw vegan myself, not to lose weight, for general wellbeing and spiritual reasons. You only lose weight on the diet until you reach a healthy weight anyway.

cajun+all, dont do this crap.

ill tell you why.

1lbs/day my ass:rolleyes:

whatll happen body will empty its400gramms sugar reserves along with the 4gramms water retention comin with each stored gramm sugar.
means youll piss out 5lbs water in 5days, lose 0fat+then proceed to burn own muscles while fat stays.

listen2diet hippie, look like1.
listen2 fit ppl, look like1 very simple.

hadabusa
01-03-2011, 03:37 AM
Hi, thanks for that.

What is a typical days diet for you?

Can you suggest books/advice on the type of weight training/
cardio you recommend?

my diet is very simple, if consist of cottage cheese, water, quark, fish, tuna , meat, whole eggs.

4equally sized meals daily .

i eat to feed my body, not to shit unused food out:D

ofc, i eat "social"food too, like pasta, pizza, pudding etc

i simply cut down carbs intake if i feel like eating fatty stuff, and vice versa.

best reading:

Amazon.com: Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution (9780060012038): Robert C. Atkins: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Iy-AByaeL.@@AMEPARAM@@51Iy-AByaeL

easy understandable blog

http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet-101-the-definite-anabolic-diet-guide/

feel free2pm any question, man:)

cajun
01-03-2011, 03:52 AM
Hada,

I tried PM'ing you but the forums been acting up for me.

I order my grocery's tommorow, so if you could let me know what supplies
I need I'd greatly appreciate it.

Note: I tried a shirt on which I haven't worn since Jan. and it now fits me,
even though I haven't lost any weight... Could I have lost weight and put
muscle on instead..?

hadabusa
01-03-2011, 03:52 AM

no, hunger is in stomach , appetite is in brain.

cajun, btw, if you feel hunger , thats when youre burning fat.100safe indicator.

but, dont overdo hunger periods, eat all 3,4hrs, or metabolism will slow down.

strawberries
01-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Hey, there is no secret to lose weight: eat less and move more. It's as simple as that. :p

Cajun, like I said, swimming is very good for you, even more if you have a problem with your back! It is completely harmless for your body+burns a lot of calories+trains all the muscles.

hadabusa
01-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Hada,

I tried PM'ing you but the forums been acting up for me.

I order my grocery's tommorow, so if you could let me know what supplies
I need I'd greatly appreciate it.

Note: I tried a shirt on which I haven't worn since Jan. and it now fits me,
even though I haven't lost any weight... Could I have lost weight and put
muscle on instead..?

supplies as in vitamins?
multivitamin+ vitamins c tabs, rest is all in the foods.

i posted a foods list above, get cottage cheese, tuna, chicken , quark, whole eggs.

lay off bread, pasta, fruits , these are a lean bodys worst enemies

eat to feed body, not to shit out unnecesary eaten foods:D

ofc i eat "social" foods too, just make sure you dont mix carbs+fats.

n make sure 9outta10 meals are non cheat meals.

eat 5equal meals a day.

reading:

Amazon.com: Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution (9780060012038): Robert C. Atkins: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Iy-AByaeL.@@AMEPARAM@@51Iy-AByaeL

:cool:

kiolm
01-03-2011, 04:57 PM
I think you need to see a Endocrinologist. Sounds like you got some hormone issues.

armoured_amazon
01-03-2011, 05:03 PM

SIMPLE VERSION:
Do more; eat less. If you're not pushing yourself, it'll take 15 of those minutes to get your heart rate up enough to start burning fat. As soon as you get into a fat-burning state, you're stopping walking. So do 30-40 minutes. Eat clean. If it doesn't look like it did on the tree, in the sea, or in the ground, don't eat it. Processed food is NOT nutrition, merely a waste of money.

COMPLICATED VERSION:
I could go into insulin resistance, different diets (high protein v high carbs) etc, but you probably don't need to go into it that deeply. I don't see what picking your nose has to do with anything.

Finally, you have to keep going; it can take 6mos to a year for new habits to form. Don't weigh yourself, your clothes will tell you what matters, and weight can fluctuate daily anyway. Work hard and you'll see results. Best of luck. :)

I think you need to see a Endocrinologist. Sounds like you got some hormone issues.

Which can be regulated by eating properly.

armoured_amazon
01-03-2011, 05:06 PM
supplies as in vitamins?
multivitamin+ vitamins c tabs, rest is all in the foods.

i posted a foods list above, get cottage cheese, tuna, chicken , quark, whole eggs.

lay off bread, pasta, fruits , these are a lean bodys worst enemies

eat to feed body, not to shit out unnecesary eaten foods:D

ofc i eat "social" foods too, just make sure you dont mix carbs+fats.

n make sure 9outta10 meals are non cheat meals.

eat 5equal meals a day.

reading:

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Atkins-New-Diet-Revolution/dp/006001203X

Yes, I suppose at this stage, he should limit fruit consumption. OP, look at the GI index and eat low GI foods (rating under 50). High Ignore faddy diets that tell you how many calories you need. It's not complicated once you change your habits. And remember, stay away from processed 'food'.

http://www.becomehealthynow.com/article/carbs/8/

nirvanix
01-03-2011, 06:30 PM
I'd switch off the breakfast you have and make a smoothie with raw fruits and vegetables instead. Here is my breakfast:

In the blender goes:

6 almonds
1 raw egg
1 tablespoon yoghurt
1 slice pineapple
1 banana
1 small handful of blueberries
1 carrot
1 stalk of celery
3 icecubes
1 handful of raw green vegetable of your choice (like barleygrass or alfalfa sprouts)
1/4 cup of orange juice or another juice

Blend it really well until smooth and creamy then enjoy!

hadabusa
01-03-2011, 07:14 PM
I'd switch off the breakfast you have and make a smoothie with raw fruits and vegetables instead. Here is my breakfast:

In the blender goes:

6 almonds
1 raw egg
1 tablespoon yoghurt
1 slice pineapple
1 banana
1 carrot
1 stalk of celery
3 icecubes
1 handful of raw green vegetable of your choice (like barleygrass or alfalfa sprouts)

perfect breakfast..........to get fat.

scottishryan
01-03-2011, 07:28 PM
External External External.....Plans, recipes, timing and concoctions :D

Fook me!

BODY SIGNALS

Hungry - Then Eat
Eat Slowly - Chew Food Well - Assist Your Gut & Digestion
20 Mins for full signal to hit brainbox - Slow down to assist this
Eat What You Want - Just Follow Signals - Change naturally to more healthy later
When Full Stop - Slight Pressure On Solar Plexus and Your Done

Continue this for over 21 days to build the new habits and watch yourself naturally lose weight! Proof???

I've lost 130lb in just under two years this way, I lost 100lb of that in under a year and I have ate all food groups from start, I honoured my signals and naturally after the initial fun of play foods...moved to more healthy options without pressure. Stop looking outside....you have what is needed inside to hit your natural body weight.

At least fookin try it before all this other restriction.

Maybe we all need plans too for telling us when to shit, sleep or jump out the way of a car ready to hit us :D

I'm wasting my time aren't I? At least I tired :)

merla
01-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Have you considered having blood tests done by your doctor? Some of those problems could be thyroid related. I'd get one done if I was having as many problems as you are, at the very least they can rule things like diabetes or hormone imbalances out.
From the sounds of it your anxiety is causing at lot of the problems you listed, the sleeping related issues, the digestive irregularity and the hair loss especially. Try finding a relaxation technique that works for you, eg meditating, deep breathing exercises, listening to calming music, having a bath before bed, they can all help. When I'm on a high anxiety spiral I struggle to drop off and then sleep for hours and feel like I haven't been to bed at all, bringing myself back to a calmer state of mind usually makes things better.

A few unrelated things I thought of while reading:

The dry lips when you wake up is probably because you're breathing through your mouth in your sleep, I wouldn't worry about it.

Try using pure/raw/unprocessed honey sometimes in the bath instead of salt, it's full of all sorts of naturally healthy and beneficial things for the skin (cosmetic companies use tons of the stuff). Also your doctor might be a good source of info/help for IBS/theraputic coping stategies for your anxiety, I'm guessing you don't want to be handed a bunch of pills and sent on your way but not all doctors are like that and if you explain you want to do things in a more natural and proactive way they might surprise you with some really useful stuff.

I think if you tackle the anxiety then a lot of the other things will fall into place, incidently doing more gentle exercise (as you can't do anything too strenuous) will help with the high anxiety, low mood and lethargy, someone else suggested slowly increasing the amount of time you walk and I think that would be a very good idea. If you're in the UK there's a scheme called exercise on prescription, you get vouchers from your doctor to use at participating gyms, maybe you could get some and use them for swimming as well?

nirvanix
03-03-2011, 01:55 AM
perfect breakfast..........to get fat.

Well you're quite wrong. I haven't got an ounce of excess fat on me. 5'11'' and 175lbs. Raw fruits and vegetables invigorate your immune system and keep the bowels moving.

hadabusa
03-03-2011, 02:36 AM
Well you're quite wrong. I haven't got an ounce of excess fat on me. 5'11'' and 175lbs. Raw fruits and vegetables invigorate your immune system and keep the bowels moving.

well, without trying to sound cocky, most bodybuilders know more about food+diets then phd titled experts, this is a fact.i was one, i could change looks simply by manipulating water intake.

however, youre free to believe whatever you want+think of yourself as authorithy in this field, fair enough, but it doesnt make you one.

you might not be fat, true.
but youre far from making best possible results, from a(admitedly extreme) bodybuilders pov.

this diet might not make all ppl fat, but it sure as hell is no good recipe to lose weight.

i dont know how much u know about insulin production+bloodsugar levels upon eating carbs+their effects on metabolism.

i however know a thing or two about that, bc i been there, done that+shared knowledge with worlds best bodybuilders who are by default the best diet experts out there.

btw,im not saying roids are good, just saying bodybuilders know metabolism +diet inside out.

the diet you posted, for a bodybuilder on fatburning diet wouldbe seen as "cheating"day off diet.

so far, ppl i have advised on diet are very happy with results, just saying.

i myself eat lots trash food(slipping on diet)but i feel i need not lose weight, im a muscular pretty lean 230lbs@6feet, wo seeing a gym in 5yrs, barring lifting my bed4bicep exercises, pushups+running.
diet knowledge helps me keeping that standard.

cheers

cajun
03-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Have you considered having blood tests done by your doctor?

Hi,

Yes, I did this last year, but my GP felt there was no 'underlying conditions'. I
also asked if I could get a blood test done for vitamin and mineral deficiencies,
but again he believed there was nothing wrong.

cajun
03-03-2011, 07:09 AM

In the blender goes:

6 almonds
1 raw egg
1 tablespoon yoghurt
1 slice pineapple
1 banana
1 carrot
1 stalk of celery
3 icecubes

Hi, many thanks for your suggestions. I'm following Hadabusa's advice though,
and most of the items you kindly suggested are not allowed.

scottishryan
03-03-2011, 09:02 AM

Well done!! Stick with what you KNOW yourself works and makes you feel great! Good Job!!

blue2
03-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi,

Yes, I did this last year, but my GP felt there was no 'underlying conditions'. I
also asked if I could get a blood test done for vitamin and mineral deficiencies,
but again he believed there was nothing wrong.

Do not believe NHS GP's please do get copies of test results- you really should go onto Thyroid UK and seek out a proper Dr and for Labs that do Tests for Adrenals and Thyroid, they do not know how to diagnose nor read blood results in NHS and even when it might show in bloods which are notoriously unreliable as they don't tell you what is going on a tissue level like urine and saliva,then the Dr's do not know how to manage it and mistreat and undertreat people all the time i've seen it and i wouldn't touch their synthetic treatments.

GP's are useless and so are some of the Professors in this country-they are chained to Big Pharma and are tightly controlled-your symptoms are indicative of thyroid issues and candida. I gave you sites to visit in my earlier post and i hoped you would give it some thought,still you will do what you wish i suppose. Diet high in meat Protein can make you constipated and have impact on kidneys. You should really get the Adrenal saliva test and more reliable reading for tests for thyroid from an independent Lab.

03-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Mike tyson recently shed a lot of weight by going vegan and he is back to a healthy similar weight to when he was fighting .Google tyson vegan diet for info and see the difference .He had been binging on alcohol and cocaine as well as junk food .:D

cajun
03-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Do not believe NHS GP's please do get copies of test results- you really should go onto Thyroid UK and seek out a proper Dr and for Labs that do Tests for Adrenals and Thyroid, they do not know how to diagnose nor read blood results in NHS and even when it might show in bloods which are notoriously unreliable as they don't tell you what is going on a tissue level like urine and saliva,then the Dr's do not know how to manage it and mistreat and undertreat people all the time i've seen it and i wouldn't touch their synthetic treatments.

GP's are useless and so are some of the Professors in this country-they are chained to Big Pharma and are tightly controlled-your symptoms are indicative of thyroid issues and candida. I gave you sites to visit in my earlier post and i hoped you would give it some thought,still you will do what you wish i suppose. Diet high in meat Protein can make you constipated and have impact on kidneys. You should really get the Adrenal saliva test and more reliable reading for tests for thyroid from an independent Lab.

Hi,

Yes I read the sites with great interest and am already taking the vitb12
spray from red23.

I couldn't seem to find any Dr's or labs in my area, nor the saliva tests,
on the thyroid sites you kindly recommended. Can you provide a link?

mr stoppitall
03-03-2011, 01:05 PM
I have nothing to add about your diet but I strongly suggest that you take up swimming if you can afford it. Complete muscle tone is what you need to get your body back into some kind of regulation for energy redistribution.
Swimming has all the benefits that anyone would need to ensure a healthy recovery, none of your joints will become compounded or overworked. The cardio work is better than walking since you use all your muscles at once creating a better foundation of physiotherapy from where you can develop.
The water will also act as cooling for when your temperature elevates meaning you can do more while sweating heavily, your boundaries will increase due to this factor.

Simple goals for swimming are 20 min warm up then 200 mtrs every day for 3 months.
You will not loose much weight by only swimming but it is a great way to get everything working together again putting all of you body on the same page when you do phys.

One has to be very careful when considering phys after many years of non activity, running can do more injury than harm if your body is not ready for it.

After swimming only eat raw veg or veggie smoothies to quell the immediate hunger.

hadabusa
03-03-2011, 01:23 PM

about thyroid, i have1thing to say.
if your thyroid dont work properly, no diet in world will help.
have it checked, just in case, its fixable, but its gotta be in working order

nirvanix
04-03-2011, 12:54 AM
about thyroid, i have1thing to say.
if your thyroid dont work properly, no diet in world will help.
have it checked, just in case, its fixable, but its gotta be in working order

Not quite right. Many people in the western world are suffering from hypothyroidism. It is another quiet epidemic. They are not getting enough absorbable iodine in their system to allow the thyroid to function properly. Some of the reasons are fluoridated water, fluoridated table salt, and other foodstuffs with iodine inhibitors - they inhibit the uptake of iodine. No one should be drinking fluoridated water or using fluoridated table salt for this and many other reasons.
There are pharmaceuticals to deal with an inactive thyroid, but there are also natural supplementations available, like Armour Thyroid. For me, I snack on dulce, which is a dried seaweed that has a lot of the right sort of iodine. Kelp tablets might help too.

politicallycorrect
04-03-2011, 07:32 PM
I totally agree. However, I came off my medication for depression (under the
supervision of my psychiatrist) last year with the intention of taking st. John's
wort. Next thing I knew I was in a psychiatric hospital with persistant thoughts
of suicide.

Where to start... St. John's Wort is terrible, absolutely antithetic to recovering from depression (for me atleast), lastyear I was going through what I thought was depression and what I now identify as Bipolar II.. I thought that slowly building up a tollerance to wort should stabilise my mood and stop me from thinking about suicide but it made it worse. rather than alleviate the problems which I was having, it actually made me 'high'ish.. not a positive recreational drug high but more like a bad ear infection high.. I was having really bad blackouts, I was living in the moment and finding myself degenerating or 'cycling' at a faster rate.. I could be happy one minute and then suicidal the next... I would recomend Niacin before St. John's Wort even though it is harder to get hold of.

I hope you are better now.. depression is a fucker, I feel disconnected from everything.

denrock
06-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Hadabusa is giving you the best advice. You should definitely read the book Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes. It will really change how you look at food. Then look into a low carb diet like Hadabusa steered you towards. I think reading Atkins New Diet Revolution is the best place to start for figuring out a diet structure when you're starting out low carb. I'd wish you good luck with your weight loss, but if you go low carb you won't need any luck.

ryanhodgson
06-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Eating right is not that complicated.

Don't eat anything that comes in a box, package, bag, container etc. Only eat natural food and as much as you want.

The only purpose for eating is to provide energy for your body. Do this and get some exercise and you will end up and whatever your body weight should be along with many other obvious benefits.

Dieting isn't an event. It's a lifestyle.

phfaty
07-03-2011, 04:51 AM
Cut down on the red meats, eat lots of green leafy stuff, drink lots of lemon water. Take Vitamin D3 daily. And have lots of sex.

cajun
10-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Just a quick update on my progress guys....

I put on a T - Shirt underneath one of my dress shirts this
afternoon (which I haven't worn since January) and the T -
Shirt was able to fit beneath the dress shirt comfortably.
Prior to that I barely had enough room for the dress shirt
itself.

With regards to weight, I've noticed major fluctuations -
one day I'll weigh 20 stone, and literally a few days later
I'm back at 20 and a half. Any ideas why this is...?

I'll keep you updated.

hadabusa
10-03-2011, 06:10 PM

itself.

I'll keep you updated.

weight fluctuations within few days is just waterhousehold being balanced.

upto 5-6 lbs within a day in possible.

no need to worry.

hadabusa
10-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Eating right is not that complicated.

Don't eat anything that comes in a box, package, bag, container etc. Only eat natural food and as much as you want.

The only purpose for eating is to provide energy for your body. Do this and get some exercise and you will end up and whatever your body weight should be along with many other obvious benefits.

Dieting isn't an event. It's a lifestyle.

plz shut up+talk about things you got a clue.

"eat as much natural food as you want":rolleyes::rolleyes:

hadabusa
10-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Hadabusa is giving you the best advice. You should definitely read the book Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes. It will really change how you look at food. Then look into a low carb diet like Hadabusa steered you towards. I think reading Atkins New Diet Revolution is the best place to start for figuring out a diet structure when you're starting out low carb. I'd wish you good luck with your weight loss, but if you go low carb you won't need any luck.

thx, man.

yes, the atkins book is great.

"anabolic diet"book is like a layman term bestof compilation of atkins book.

koagula
10-03-2011, 06:22 PM

itself.

I'll keep you updated.

This fluctuation, most likely, will be due to your fluid intake.

eustacekidd
10-03-2011, 11:42 PM

I'll keep you updated.

Is your diet consistent I.E. are you eating the and drinking same things in the same amounts each day?

freemefast
10-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Do a slow carb diet. Lose half a stone a week;

http://www.fourhourbody.com/

To sum it up;

Get at least 20g protein a meal
no dairy
no fruit
no sugar
no rice
no pasta
no potatoes

Plenty of water a day

Eat legumes with each meal and you can season all your food with anything not containing sugar.

One day a week eat whatever you like in whatever quantity.

For exercise; train like a powerlifter. Get a 24kg kettlebell and do 75 reps two days a week.

This will work but see a doc for any conditions

enga
11-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Hi OP
I'm in the same boat as you weight wise. I've come to accept myself as I am and am happy at my weight but don't want to get any fatter for my health and I'd like to have my body work well as a spiritual carrying case for my soul. I think the things that have helped me are a couple of books (both free):

Fourteen Lessons in Yogi Philosophy

http://manybooks.net/titles/ramacharakayother06yogi.html

Lose Weight Without Dieting

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27160

I hope it helps for you.

blue2
11-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Tis often hormone related...thyroid/Adrenals...Somatomed by Vespro Life Sciences this will definately give you what your body needs, and Armourthyroid, and fresh juicing of veges and fruits will do the trick...as will Magnascent Iodine mineral much needed for thyroid function and will lose you weight when done correctly each two hours...see www.magnascent.com and Magnesium and other minerals in Ionic form even Ionic Waters of Life from www.detoxyourworld.com

ryanhodgson
12-03-2011, 02:51 AM
plz shut up+talk about things you got a clue.

"eat as much natural food as you want":rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank you for the kind words.

cajun
12-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Is your diet consistent I.E. are you eating the and drinking same things in the same amounts each day?

Yes, please see my typical days diet in my op.

cajun
12-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Do a slow carb diet. Lose half a stone a week;

http://www.fourhourbody.com/

To sum it up;

Get at least 20g protein a meal
no dairy
no fruit
no sugar
no rice
no pasta
no potatoes

Plenty of water a day

Eat legumes with each meal and you can season all your food with anything not containing sugar.

One day a week eat whatever you like in whatever quantity.

For exercise; train like a powerlifter. Get a 24kg kettlebell and do 75 reps two days a week.

This will work but see a doc for any conditions

Hi, many thanks for this.

What you recommend is similar to what hadabusa said, who
I have been following for advice. Except I still eat potatoes,
and a piece of fruit each day.

With regards to my conditions I have seen more than one
GP about these, but they refuse to do any blood work or
investigate.

freemefast
12-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Hi, many thanks for this.

What you recommend is similar to what hadabusa said, who
I have been following for advice. Except I still eat potatoes,
and a piece of fruit each day.

With regards to my conditions I have seen more than one
GP about these, but they refuse to do any blood work or
investigate.

You're welcome.

The reason for cutting our potatoes and fruit is because of insulin spike amongst other things.
Fruit really isn't good for you. You will get vitamins and minerals from vegatables easily without the diabetes inducing fructose.

Potatoes aren't too good either I'm afraid but I recommend the book to you. It has plenty of documented research and is easy to follow.

If you do start drop me a message and we can swap recipes :)

feelthefearanddoitanyway
12-03-2011, 08:20 PM

Balding;
Irritable;
Dry mouth;
Forgetfullness;
Rectal, anal itch;
Lethargy, apathy;
Shortsightedness;
Wake unrefreshed;
Drooling while sleep;
Frequent loose stools;
Dry lips when waking;

or macademia)

olive oil.

1 Organic sirloin steak
of celtic sea salt

how to shift the weight.

Thanks,
Colin
Cajun

Hey Colin, try lowering your carb intake and increasing your natural fats. Their is a wonderful organic oil blend called udos oil which you take x2 tbl spoons of twice a day. I sell fat loss kits/supplements on my site also..

https://www.foreverliving.com/retail/shop/shopping.do?task=viewProductDetail&itemCode=296

If you need any help/advice my contact details are on the site. Just send me an email and I will be happy to help in anyway I can.:)

eustacekidd
12-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Yes, please see my typical days diet in my op.

You haven't changed your diet? How do you expect to lose weight?

cajun
12-03-2011, 11:29 PM
You haven't changed your diet? How do you expect to lose weight?

Sorry I wasn't clear. I have made a few changes.

I've reduced fruit to once a day, stopped eating the dark chocolate,
and don't consume any dairy. I still eat potatoes though which I am
working on. I've stopped the jam, bread, and oatcakes too.

My diet is now the folllowing:

Breakfast:
Porridge with 1 tablespoon of flaxseed

Mid morning:
1 organic apple

Lunch:
Raw veg (cucumber, peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, onion) with 2
fried free range eggs drizzled in olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.

Mid afternoon:
Raw nuts - typically brazil, cashew.

Dinner:
Boiled vegetables (potatoes, brocolli, carrots, peas, cauliflower,
brussel sprouts, grean beans, etc) and white or red meat with
olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.

strawberries
13-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Potatoes are not bad. Sweet potatoes for example contain everything you need. ;)
Try not to fry what you eat. Steam/boil instead. :)

cajun
13-03-2011, 02:20 AM
Potatoes are not bad. Sweet potatoes for example contain everything you need. ;)
Try not to fry what you eat. Steam/boil instead. :)

Thanks for that. I'll add the sweet potatoes.

I didn't think frying the eggs was bad, since all I use is
extra virgin cold pressed olive oil to cook withand some
sea salt for taste.

Why is frying bad then? Is it simply because it destroys
the goodness in them? (This is a serious question)

koagula
13-03-2011, 03:02 AM
Dude, just stop eating so much, if you burn of more calories than you use each day you will lose weight. Stop complaining ancd get a fucking grip, whining will not heklp

cajun
13-03-2011, 03:41 AM
Dude, just stop eating so much, if you burn of more calories than you use each day you will lose weight. Stop complaining ancd get a fucking grip, whining will not heklp

'Dude',

I am losing weight. Asking for help is not whining.

gorgeousgertie
13-03-2011, 06:17 AM
havent read all the pages of posts so apologies if I'm repeating shit to you but from what what do you feel the need to be protected from?

work out what benefit your getting from however you are (cos you will be,can be many many reasons),reframe things,stick to a way of eating that works for you,exercise, watch your hapiness/contentment/confidence increase and the weight drop off!

That includes if you've got medical or medication 'reasons/excuses' for stuff as you are now,same applies same results!

eustacekidd
13-03-2011, 04:19 PM

Breakfast:

Mid morning:
1 organic apple

Lunch:

Mid afternoon:

Dinner:

I change breakfast to a boiled egg on wholemeal bread/toast, a salad for lunch and a tuna/chicken salad for dinner. How much exercise are you getting?

drooh
13-03-2011, 04:22 PM
http://www.johnstonefitness.com/my-transformation/pictures/daily-photos-front/

Check out that link. This is a guy who changed his health in his early forties.

Anyone can do it with a bit of research and determination.

unlockthepower
13-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Go completely Paleo with your diet.

Walk for 30mins to 1 hour every morning before breakfast on an empty stomach.

Lift hard and heavy on an abreiviated, compound routine such as those advocated by Brooks Kubik, Bradley J. Steiner, Jason Ferrugia, John McCallum and others.

Squats, Deadlifts, Olympic style pulling movements, Presses, Rows, Pullups, Pushups and other bodyweight exercises, Curls, Heavy Awkward objects (Sandbags, Kegs e.t.c) and work for the Grip, Neck and Abs.

Use a rep scheme such as 5x5.

Work hard 3 times per week (Mon-Wed-Fri or similar) for an hour or 2 and try to continually get stronger and add weight to all your exercises (Or make them harder regarding the bodyweight stuff)

Sleep well.

Get plenty of mineral water.

Take a Multi Vitamin everyday.

Build up to doing some hard conditioning on your off days such as Sprints/hill sprints, prowler or sled pushing and pulling, Boxing/MMA/Muay Thai/BJJ etc, Swimming, Rope skipping something like that.

Stay at it consistantly

Keep the right mindset.

You CAN do it.

cajun
13-03-2011, 06:46 PM
I change breakfast to a boiled egg on wholemeal bread/toast, a salad for lunch and a tuna/chicken salad for dinner. How much exercise are you getting?

Hi,

Thanks for the breakfast idea. I'm now finding that porridge
doesn't really agree with me.

I'm walking about 30 mins/day. apart from the weekends.

armoured_amazon
13-03-2011, 07:01 PM
My advice earlier in the thread probably came across brusque, as I tend to. Best wishes with your endeavours; stick with it and you'll get where you want to be. :)

freemefast
13-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Looks like you have a lot of different feedback.

The fact is most diets do work; just to a different degree for each.

Perhaps the main thing is that you pick one and stick to it, along with measuring your results regularly. (Use body fat and measurements more than scales).

vibratingpickle
13-03-2011, 07:10 PM

I have gone the raw route, but I still eat too late at night, and too many nuts. So at 5'8" and 175lbs I am still 40lbs overweight. Thing is I sit on my arse for most the day. I can drop 5lbs with a 8 mile bikeride, I just don't take the time anymore.

Hopefully this will get better after I move out of the country.

Oh, and I did lose 40lbs just from going mostly raw.

armoured_amazon
13-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Hopefully this will get better after I move out of the country.

Where do you plan to go? :)

eustacekidd
13-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the breakfast idea. I'm now finding that porridge
doesn't really agree with me.

I'm walking about 30 mins/day. apart from the weekends.

Cool, after you're used to regular exercise you'd want to add a second workout per day, talk to your physio about a suitable weight circuit but my strongest recommendation would be to take up swimming, as there is no impact and it's a great full body workout.

vibratingpickle
13-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Where do you plan to go? :)

Rainforest all the way:)

hadabusa
15-03-2011, 08:13 PM
You're welcome.

The reason for cutting our potatoes and fruit is because of insulin spike amongst other things.
Fruit really isn't good for you. You will get vitamins and minerals from vegatables easily without the diabetes inducing fructose.

Potatoes aren't too good either I'm afraid but I recommend the book to you. It has plenty of documented research and is easy to follow.

If you do start drop me a message and we can swap recipes :)

i can only endorse what you say:cool:

machine
15-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Quick weight loss= bad. as when you put it back on your body think 'ya bastard your not doing that to me again' and it becomes harder to shift.

Slow and steady, good low saturated fat diet with good exercise (cyclying?) 4 times a week. I went every day for an hour and lost 28 pounds over 6 weeks or so.

machine
15-03-2011, 09:49 PM
http://www.johnstonefitness.com/my-transformation/pictures/daily-photos-front/

Check out that link. This is a guy who changed his health in his early forties.

Anyone can do it with a bit of research and determination.

Is it me or does this guy appear to age then get younger?

crazy4sure
15-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Hi there
Hope you aree well, please give this a try:.....

First of all you need to stop obsessing over what you eat and think more about how much you eat, if you want to loose weight fast! you need to shrink your stomach..

ONLY eat a meal the size of a clenched fist... if your still hungry wait at least an hour (give your body time to digest) then eat some more. eating meals of this size is hard at for first week or two then your stomach will shrink and be used to it, you will become full, off less food. also eating regularly increases your motablism you WILL feel better for it. stay away from bread throughout the week.

Second: To reduce your size and CHANGE your bodyshape you NEED to workout with weights. simple.

This is easy to understand, once you have worked out with weights the muscle groups worked will feed off the fat in your body, mostly while you sleep, to aid recovery take some protien, either eat as one of your meals ie a small tin of tuna, or take a protien shake in the day as a meal replacement.

THIS WILL WORK if you need more info pm me ..

give this 8 weeks and let me know how much weight you have lost.

gutcassidy
17-03-2011, 08:57 AM

Breakfast:

Mid morning:
1 organic apple

Lunch:

Mid afternoon:

Dinner:

Man, you must be fucking starving on that diet. I know I would be.

Your gonna have to do a lot of reading on your own to figure out which path on the 'diet highway' you wanna take. And don't listen to people telling you all you need to do is exercise more- fat people run marathons all the time.

My personal opinion is that if we eat like our ancestors we can't really go wrong.

Check out some of the success stories over at marksdailyapple (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-book/success-stories/). He has a 'lifestyle' system I pretty much agree with. Low carbs. High good fats. Lift heavy weights every now and then. Move a lot at low pace and every once in a while move really fast.

Here's his 101 introduction. (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/)

cajun
17-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Man, you must be fucking starving on that diet. I know I would be.

Your gonna have to do a lot of reading on your own to figure out which path on the 'diet highway' you wanna take. And don't listen to people telling you all you need to do is exercise more- fat people run marathons all the time.

My personal opinion is that if we eat like our ancestors we can't really go wrong.

Check out some of the success stories over at marksdailyapple (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-book/success-stories/). He has a 'lifestyle' system I pretty much agree with. Low carbs. High good fats. Lift heavy weights every now and then. Move a lot at low pace and every once in a while move really fast.

Here's his 101 introduction. (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/)

Lol, yes, it is hard but I am sticking to it - under 20 stone now,
thanks to everyone!

Thanks for the links - I am reading now.

Colin
Cajun

drooh
21-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Is it me or does this guy appear to age then get younger?

The wonders of a good fitness regimen eh? :D

Even after a couple of months, you can look at some people who've been on a decent diet/fitness plan and see them in a totally different light. Especially given the fact we all say we don't judge on appearances when in fact, we do to a large extent.

Hell, even just eating healthily in the beginning can make a persons skin and hair look better in my mind.

Nothing worse than getting into the cycle/rut of depression/low esteem. You end up operating with a 'what's the point?', 'who am I doing this for?' attitude and yeah, I ultimately think all the built up negativity ages a person. You just gotta get past the negative reinforcement barrier, segregate yourself from it and laugh hard at it like some cheesey 80's macho hero. Since you don't need that shit.

Been there myself. Screw that shit.

But then... I'm almost glad in a way that I did. All experience is good experience and you're stronger for it. People, in my mind need to struggle occasionally, go through the odd bad patch to reemerge stronger and affect their world with the deeper insight.

And why do I bring this waffle/anecdote up in response to a simple quote? Because I think most people don't appreciate the mind/body connection enough.

It's not enough to just throw yourself at exercise and diets unless you're mentally healthy too... But yeah. I'll shut up. :D

armoured_amazon
21-03-2011, 02:30 PM
It's not enough to just throw yourself at exercise and diets unless you're mentally healthy too... But yeah. I'll shut up. :D

That's true. Except, if you're a bit sick in the head like me, you treat the new regime as an addiction and then it's easy. :D

kingmob
22-03-2011, 05:47 AM
You have serioius worm/parasite problem my friend. All the symptons you listed are direct symptoms. I've done a big project on the problem, and although most people have them, you have a more serious problem. I'm 98% sure that is what it is. You either need to visit a parasitologist or starttaking MMS, which will help you out naturally. Do some basic research, and you see very clearly that its parasites.

unlockthepower
23-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Hi Cajun how's it going?

blue2
24-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Thyroid and Adrenals get em tested ! saliva for the latter and possibly urine for first,you know you need to Cajun !!! otherwise you go around in ever decreasing circles..............:)

ktlight
24-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Many thanks, am reading now.

You said you want to lose weight really quickly. It will cost to do it the LighterLife way, but you will get the results. It is based on science. A friend of mine had diabetes, was a size 20 and is now a size 12. She is no longer diabetic.

Here's the link: http://www.lighterlife.com

Good health and I hope this helps.

sylph
24-03-2011, 02:28 AM
I know how to lose weight but I don't always keep to it.

Eat smaller portions, low fat everything, no crisps, chocolate, cake.

Drink water or fruit juice but not coke or fizzy drinks.

Don't eat between meals. Drink instead.

No alcohol.

If you have a sweet tooth eat desert straight after a meal and only buy things that have fruit in them..eg/ fruit bars, yoghurt or ....fruit.

Enjoy the feeling of hunger and wait until the hunger pangs are strong, don't feed that weak hunger feeling, that is probably just a need for water.

Exercise - walk places, it works. Then maybe brisk walk places, or jog and walk. Get a dog so you have to walk.

If you can do other activities such as swimming,cycling, following a video , dancing etc....even better. (A 10 min exercise video a day is better than hours of aerobics because you'll keep it up and make time for it).

I eat vegetarian but if you do that make sure you take multivitamins.

And lastly, instead of weighing yourself I find it better to measure all my bits and make a reasonable target, then I exercise the worst bits....it works!

I've put on a few pounds but I know why - my hubby keeps buying me chocolate and I have a weakness for it. He also stocks the fridge with coke cans.

If you don't buy it you can't eat it......its harder when someone messes that up but as long as you use willpower and grab a yoghurt and a glass of water instead of that chocolate and coke you'll notice the difference.

I am vegetarian but about 10 years ago I had gallbladder sand that gave me pains. Basically if I eat too much fat I get pain so I have to stay on a low fat diet....but the rewards are being thinner.

Good luck....we're all trying to lose it with you....:D

cajun
24-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Hi Cajun how's it going?

Still just under 20 stone - haven't lost anything in the last week.

That isn't my problem just now. I'm fucking raging over something
that just happened at the hairdresser.

unlockthepower
25-03-2011, 12:07 PM

Be careful about getting in a rage/angry if you are overweight (Or in general)We don't want to hear news of you having a stroke or heart attack or something.

blue2
25-03-2011, 12:14 PM

Sort the thyroid and adrenals tests out please before you get yourself into some bother.

zimboy69
25-03-2011, 01:00 PM
ill tell you exactly how to lose weight

i was 27 stone and went to 16 stone in 5 months

i bought a good mountain bike and rode about a mile on my first day and every day after that i would ride further and further eg the next lamp post or junction ectra
there is a reason i bought a good mountain bike i knew if i bought a cheap one it would be in my back garden after a week this way i cannot affored to waste the money so i became even more motivated
a few tips while i cycled try to get 3-6 different routes then go for one big ride at weekend
buy a bike computer get times to set challanges for yourself
after the first month i planed to hit 100 miles a week

i then after a month went up to twice a day and then 3 times a day

i tried to keep my exercise down to 20-30 mins at a time and spread it out over the day

yep it was a lot of effort but it completly changed my life
it was amazing when i didnt see people and they saw me a few months later and they were shocked at my weight loss

after i got to 19 stone i started on weights ectra and playing football with my friends and generaly more active

i know you will get a load of skinny runts on here saying its easy but i can tell you its going to be really hard as unlike most other addictions food is somthing you must have
if you keep your food normal and try to eat fruit veg and less fatty food generaly you can eat as much as you want within reason as long as you exercise
dont eat food you wont eat after the diet remember this is a life change so plan to eat like you are for the rest of your life
but you can do it if you put your mind to it

cajun
25-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Sort the thyroid and adrenals tests out please before you get yourself into some bother.

It's cool, I'm over it. Apologies guys for the outburst.

cajun
25-03-2011, 04:02 PM
ill tell you exactly how to lose weight

i was 27 stone and went to 16 stone in 5 months

i bought a good mountain bike and rode about a mile on my first day and every day after that i would ride further and further eg the next lamp post or junction ectra
there is a reason i bought a good mountain bike i knew if i bought a cheap one it would be in my back garden after a week this way i cannot affored to waste the money so i became even more motivated
a few tips while i cycled try to get 3-6 different routes then go for one big ride at weekend
buy a bike computer get times to set challanges for yourself
after the first month i planed to hit 100 miles a week

i then after a month went up to twice a day and then 3 times a day

i tried to keep my exercise down to 20-30 mins at a time and spread it out over the day

yep it was a lot of effort but it completly changed my life
it was amazing when i didnt see people and they saw me a few months later and they were shocked at my weight loss

after i got to 19 stone i started on weights ectra and playing football with my friends and generaly more active

i know you will get a load of skinny runts on here saying its easy but i can tell you its going to be really hard as unlike most other addictions food is somthing you must have
if you keep your food normal and try to eat fruit veg and less fatty food generaly you can eat as much as you want within reason as long as you exercise
dont eat food you wont eat after the diet remember this is a life change so plan to eat like you are for the rest of your life
but you can do it if you put your mind to it

Weird you should type this - I was just looking at some
exercise bikes yesterday on ebay.

Congratulations on your weight loss! That's incredible!

tusme
25-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Hi Cajun,

Trust your weightloss programme is making good progress, hope so anyway...!? ;)

Apologies, only read through the first & last pages (:o), unsure whether or not anyone has suggested this...Meditation, besides energizing the healing process of the Mind/Body, will also attract the necessary energy/people into the new reality your seeking to experience/express...

All the best.

Truth, Love & Peace!!

hadabusa
25-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Be careful about getting in a rage/angry if you are overweight (Or in general)We don't want to hear news of you having a stroke or heart attack or something.

choke on semen, clown.

cajun is on the right track, respect.

very dedicated man with strong will.

he changed his whole lifestyle to achieve his goals, many ppl got no clue what it takes to do that.

so, have some courtesy, asshole.

hadabusa
25-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Weird you should type this - I was just looking at some
exercise bikes yesterday on ebay.

Congratulations on your weight loss! That's incredible!

yes, biking fires up metabolism+burn many calories, zimboy69 has done it right.

chloesnose
25-03-2011, 06:42 PM
hi cajun, don't know if this has been posted but you'll find everything you need to know here
even friends, men who'll make 20stone seem skinny, the "fat to fit " threads are a scource of amazing inspiration, there's workouts ,nutrition,help and guidance.

you shouldn't go far wrong with this site

keep up the good work mate

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

have a browse round the site by clicking on main forums at the top or go straight in the fat to fit thread,

i read it all from page 1 and they're amazing stories of will power,hard work and determination

unlockthepower
26-03-2011, 10:12 PM
choke on semen, clown.

he changed his whole lifestyle to achieve his goals, many ppl got no clue what it takes to do that.

You clearly misinterpreted my post entirely.

unlockthepower
26-03-2011, 10:29 PM
choke on semen, clown.

Also my post about getting angry/stressed etc could apply to you judging by this post.
Getting upset and coming with the "keyboard warrior" routine will not do anything positive for your life.

My post had nothing to do with his dedication and/or will to overcome obstacles. I'm sure he will do it. Many of us have found our way here because we are those type of people.

I have way more than a clue on what it takes and that is why my opinion in valid ;)

hadabusa
26-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Also my post about getting angry/stressed etc could apply to you judging by this post.
Getting upset and coming with the "keyboard warrior" routine will not do anything positive for your life.

My post had nothing to do with his dedication and/or will to overcome obstacles. I'm sure he will do it. Many of us have found our way here because we are those type of people.

I have way more than a clue on what it takes and that is why my opinion in valid ;)

i know, youre martial artist, so you should know very well that your statement wasnt very sensible.

precisely the fact that you know what it takes enraged me.

anyway, i see it was "motivational joke", so lets forget about it:cool:

unlockthepower
27-03-2011, 02:41 PM
i know, youre martial artist, so you should know very well that your statement wasnt very sensible.

precisely the fact that you know what it takes enraged me.

anyway, i see it was "motivational joke", so lets forget about it:cool:

Cool :cool:

cajun
05-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Just to say I weighed myself today in Tesco and was 19 stone 7 pounds, so that's a stone lost in about 5 weeks.

Special thanks to Hadabusa and blue2 for their continued support and advice.

Will keep up with the updates, as promised.

Colin

freemefast
05-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Just to say I weighed myself today in Tesco and was 19 stone 7 pounds, so that's a stone lost in about 5 weeks.

Colin

Congratulations mate that's really good:)

hadabusa
05-04-2011, 04:31 PM

Colin

great stuff colin, a man walking the talk:cool:

transformation in process, dont it feel great:cool:

blue2
05-04-2011, 04:54 PM

Colin

Aw... you are very welcome Colin:D well done you and do keep up the good work,pleeease!

zimboy69
08-04-2011, 05:35 PM
somthing else i forgot to tell you

when you first start exercising you take all day to recover but by the end of 2-3 months you will recover from the exercise in less than 5 mins(normaly a shower and your ready)
and you feel like you have so much energy all day
i know it appears strange but it is so true

one more tip get a good set of scales and when you get to your ideal weight weigh yourself every week and keep on it so you dont suddenly find you put a stone on again

and remember every packet of crisps or bar of choc or sweets add weight just eating one can be enough to put weight on

i found just eating 3 meals a day and fruit when i needed a nibble was ok
but omg did i crave food and when you smell fish and chips it was like food from god but i stuck it out and now im really chuffed

my weight is 15 stone i check it every friday if its one pound above i will get my bike out and got for a ride instead of going out for the night
and i will continue all week till it drops to 15 stone again

drooh
08-04-2011, 05:48 PM

Colin

Well done! Keep the momentum going! :cool:

Peace,

- Drooh.

cajun
09-04-2011, 02:10 PM
somthing else i forgot to tell you

when you first start exercising you take all day to recover but by the end of 2-3 months you will recover from the exercise in less than 5 mins(normaly a shower and your ready)
and you feel like you have so much energy all day
i know it appears strange but it is so true

one more tip get a good set of scales and when you get to your ideal weight weigh yourself every week and keep on it so you dont suddenly find you put a stone on again

and remember every packet of crisps or bar of choc or sweets add weight just eating one can be enough to put weight on

i found just eating 3 meals a day and fruit when i needed a nibble was ok
but omg did i crave food and when you smell fish and chips it was like food from god but i stuck it out and now im really chuffed

my weight is 15 stone i check it every friday if its one pound above i will get my bike out and got for a ride instead of going out for the night
and i will continue all week till it drops to 15 stone again

Yea, Hada got me hitting the weight and cardio and I'm feeling it.

Funnily enough, I don't have any cravings since following Hada's
diet of high protein, low carbs.

Regarding the weight, I am allowed one cheat day per week, but
this doesn't seem to be adding on any weight. I actually can not
eat that much crap on these days since I get a sore stomach.

nadams
09-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Well as the title says I'm tipping the scales 287 lbs

Thanks,
Colin
Cajun

I have the same problem since I went on anti-psychotics.

I used to be 11 stone 3 pounds since teenage, I'm 6 foot too.

I'm now 13 stone 11, mostly round the stomach.

I go to the gym 3 times a week, box 4 times a week, doesn't make a difference.

I have found that cutting bread makes a difference. I eat loads of apples now and I'm slowly losing it.

When you box weight obviously is a big deal. I spar with guys the same weight who are mostly muscle and sometimes get pounded.

I realise none of this was advice. Good luck anyway.:)

cajun
09-04-2011, 07:46 PM
I have the same problem since I went on anti-psychotics.

I used to be 11 stone 3 pounds since teenage, I'm 6 foot too.

I'm now 13 stone 11, mostly round the stomach.

I go to the gym 3 times a week, box 4 times a week, doesn't make a difference.

I have found that cutting bread makes a difference. I eat loads of apples now and I'm slowly losing it.

When you box weight obviously is a big deal. I spar with guys the same weight who are mostly muscle and sometimes get pounded.

I realise none of this was advice. Good luck anyway.:)

Thanks, lol.

Strangely enough I'm on an an anti psychotic and antidepressive
I always wonder if those were an influence to the weight gain.

soleil
09-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Dead Fat (warning: a post-mortem of an obese woman is shown)

ErmmTV's Channel - YouTube

pheony
09-04-2011, 07:57 PM

Colin

So happy for you.....wishing you all the best. :)

nadams
09-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks, lol.

Strangely enough I'm on an an anti psychotic and antidepressive
I always wonder if those were an influence to the weight gain.

It's the meds for sure.

indica
10-04-2011, 05:11 AM
Best of luck to you bro.

I would not mind getting Hench, don't want to go gym though.
Got a weight bench that i smash every day.. can feel and see the difference.
but
I don't think i will get bigger without protein though.

hadabusa
10-04-2011, 03:55 PM
It's the meds for sure.

if the meds meddle with sexhormones household, its them.

nadams
11-04-2011, 12:38 AM
if the meds meddle with sexhormones household, its them.

Hada I know your the ultimate man but I did'nt get that. Explain.

orgone101
15-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Hi
You may find this a load of nonsense, but unless you experience it for yourself and realise it is truth you will never know.

My own experience.
I was a computer addict playing computer games till early mornings with sleep patterns all over the place.
This meant that I did not bother tidying my room or cleaning it.

If I did not go to bed at the "correct time" I was exhausted throughout the day even though I had plenty of sleep.
Having electronic paraphernalia switched on about me while I slept meant I woke unrefreshed. Typically a desk fan blowing on my all night would mean I felt icky when I woke, with constant tiredness throughout the day.
An ideal sleep time was 9-10pm till 7am. I would wake up refreshed and perky.If I slept at other times I would not.
When you sleep, make sure you turn everything around you off electronics etc.

I have pins and needles in the hands and sometimes in my toes. This I believe is using the computer too much.
(Carpel tunnel?) You might want to get this checked out with the doc.

I used to wake up with brown mucus in my mouth, sometimes blood in my spit and my gums used to bleed.
I had awful bad breath too which I could only shift with bar soap. Toothpaste did not work.
Itching was also a problem too. I thought I had some kind of mites so I bought neme products to kill the potential parasites (which I could not see). They did nothing.

How I solved this is cleaned my room up - removed the dust. Yes dust was the culprit.
The dust in the room was causing the problems. Bad breath gone bleeding gone itching gone and mucus gone.

I also went out in the sun a lot.
Try to get your exercise while the sun is up and absorb as much of it as you can.
A nice hour bike ride each day and not only will you feel better but the weight should pile off you too.

BTW
I ate a really good diet all the way through these problems (organic juiced etc) the missing components were
staring me in the face - sun sleep and keeping my nest clean.

Hope this helps.

cajun
30-04-2011, 09:13 PM
I hit a plateau about 3 weeks ago, but just added some carbs to my diet
and it's started the weight loss again this week. I'm now 19 stone. Here
is my daily diet now:

First thing:
1 mug (8fl. oz) black coffee with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
20-30 mins cardio on cross trainer.

Breakfast:
3 whole fried eggs or cheese and onion omolette made from 4 eggs, a 1/2
chopped white onion, 25g grated cheddar cheese, cooked in olive oil.
4 slices of thin slice bacon cooked in olive oil, 1 whole medium tomato raw
sliced and sprinkle of sea salt.

Lunch:
1 225g fried skinless chicken breast or pork and fresh baby leaf spinach and
sprinkle of sea salt.

Dinner:
1 225g fried red meat (fying steak, sirloin, rump, or lamb chop) with 1 cup of
boiled brocolli, mashed potatoes made from 4 large potatoes, and sprinkle of
sea salt.

Snacks: Tuna with hot sauce or cashew nuts or 2 tsp organic peanut butter.
Drinks: 2 litres of water and 2 or 3 mugs (8fl. oz each) organic green tea.
Note: Twice a week I swap my white meat for 225g fried salmon cooked in
olive oil.

I have also have my cheat day on Saturday's where I'll load up on carbs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also did 2 liver cleanses by drinking half a glass of EV olive oil and half of the
juice from 6 crushed organic lemons. Nothing really came out, but I felt really
alive after them, so will try another one - probably tomorrow. Thanks to 'dom'
for his email support!

Any further tips/advice is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Colin

eustacekidd
30-04-2011, 09:59 PM
I hit a plateau about 3 weeks ago, but just added some carbs to my diet
and it's started the weight loss again this week. I'm now 19 stone. Here
is my daily diet now:

First thing:
1 mug (8fl. oz) black coffee with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
20-30 mins cardio on cross trainer.

Breakfast:
3 whole fried eggs or cheese and onion omolette made from 4 eggs, a 1/2
chopped white onion, 25g grated cheddar cheese, cooked in olive oil.
4 slices of thin slice bacon cooked in olive oil, 1 whole medium tomato raw
sliced and sprinkle of sea salt.

Lunch:
1 225g fried skinless chicken breast or pork and fresh baby leaf spinach and
sprinkle of sea salt.

Dinner:
1 225g fried red meat (fying steak, sirloin, rump, or lamb chop) with 1 cup of
boiled brocolli, mashed potatoes made from 4 large potatoes, and sprinkle of
sea salt.

Snacks: Tuna with hot sauce or cashew nuts or 2 tsp organic peanut butter.
Drinks: 2 litres of water and 2 or 3 mugs (8fl. oz each) organic green tea.
Note: Twice a week I swap my white meat for 225g fried salmon cooked in
olive oil.

I have also have my cheat day on Saturday's where I'll load up on carbs.

I also did 2 liver cleanses by drinking half a glass of EV olive oil and half of the
juice from 6 crushed organic lemons. Nothing really came out, but I felt really
alive after them, so will try another one - probably tomorrow. Thanks to 'dom'
for his email support!

Any further tips/advice is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Colin

It's been 2 months, and you've only lost a stone. You're eating way too much, especially at breakfast and lunch.

cajun
30-04-2011, 10:37 PM
It's been 2 months, and you've only lost a stone. You're eating way too much, especially at breakfast and lunch.

Well, you're only meant lost 1-2 pounds a week and
it's a stone and a half to be exact.

You think I eat a lot..? I was drinking protein shakes
between meals as well at one point!