PDA

View Full Version : Natural treatment for tooth decay and teeth.

wonderfullife
08-02-2011, 08:15 PM
This is a good natural treatment for tooth decay gingavities teeth in genral

Dr weaton after doing extensive research has found a natural treatment for dealing with tooth decay and crooked teeth well worth a read here is a link to a free copy of his book : http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200251h.html#ch21

As dental treatment costs are expensive this is well worth a try.

Here is another link to another book (not free) website is worth a look at.

http://www.yourreturn.org/Treatments/Teeth/index.htm

The treatment can help with wisdom teeth cavities etc.

wonderfullife
08-02-2011, 08:21 PM
The best natural tooth powder is ViCCO Vajradahti no flouride no suger!
It lasts a v long time i got mine on ebay.
Also the Neem plant is good and you can get tooth powders on ebay
this helps to strenghten the gums and teeth.

both are good pain relievers as well.

http://www.indianherbcare.com/vicco-vajradanti-powder-p-3389.html
I bourght some on ebay

wonderfullife
08-02-2011, 09:11 PM
here some you tube vids on this subject :

Cure Tooth Decay & Cavities 1 of 3 - www.curetoothdecay.com - YouTube

Cure Tooth Decay & Cavities 2 of 3 - www.curetoothdecay.com - YouTube

Cure Tooth Decay & Cavities 3 of 3 - www.curetoothdecay.com - YouTube

Happy viewing.:)

wonderfullife
08-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Good site to find a local raw milk producer yes here in UK!

http://www.naturalfoodfinder.co.uk/unpasteurised-raw-milk-uk

sicknote
08-02-2011, 10:24 PM
There have been many tribes who didn't even brush there teeth once in there lifetimes & ended life with a full set.

The reason being, they never ate sugary foods/drinks/soda's or consumed anything which may cause decay.

Can't get anymore natural than that.

Of course modern society need dentists.

Look at the garbage where consuming.

wonderfullife
09-02-2011, 12:14 AM
There have been many tribes who didn't even brush there teeth once in there lifetimes & ended life with a full set.

The reason being, they never ate sugary foods/drinks/soda's or consumed anything which may cause decay.

Hell yeah does modern society need dentists.

+1

Just tried my first raw meat today very nice it was a sort of my version of steak tartar. My kids loved it and it was very filling.

Must explain i ate raw meat because it is better than cooking it for the vitamin and mineral content therefore helping gums and teeth just like the old tribes used to do.

wonderfullife
09-02-2011, 03:31 PM
1) Put tongue on roof of mouth open mouth breathe in slowly for 2 counts and out for 2 counts do this 10 times.

2) Make a fist place under chin push with fist while pushing against fist with jaw (open your mouth) hold for 10 seconds release repeat 10 times.

3) put your left fist on left side of jaw just under jaw joint put pressure hold 10 seconds release repeat 10 times then do same on right side.

4) place index finger on each side of jaw and then open and close jaw slowly repeat 10 times.

5) hold chin between your thumb and index finger shake chin back and forth gently 10 times

Do these exercises as often as you wish there is no limit on how mnay times you can do them.

Note if jaw starts clicking release and repeat exercises slower and more gently.

This helps to align the bite and allows the jaw to spread and make room for teeth.
It also relieves stress headaches ringing in ears neck pain back pain etc.

theoneandonly
09-02-2011, 03:41 PM
+1

Just tried my first raw meat today very nice it was a sort of my version of steak tartar. My kids loved it and it was very filling.

Must explain i ate raw meat because it is better than cooking it for the vitamin and mineral content therefore helping gums and teeth just like the old tribes used to do.

What did it taste like raw.. doesnt look too appealing i must say! lol

wonderfullife
09-02-2011, 05:11 PM
What did it taste like raw.. doesnt look too appealing i must say! lol

I made a sort of steak tartar no raw egg in mine i mashed up steak mince with seasme oil basil and oregano salt and pepper it was very nice.
When meat is cooked it takes away all good bacteria that we need and water and vitamins and minerals all goodness and vitD that our gums and teeth need.
Vitamin D v important for gums and teeth. the first place the body takes what we need is from the gums as our western diet is so lacking in good vitamins the teeth and gums suffer.
Vit Tablets do not always help and we can absorb a lot of vitamins from the raw meat directly into our slaiva glands straight into the gums.
Still take vit tablets yes so body takes less from gums.

wonderfullife
09-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Do NOT EAT RAW PORK though beef venison yes and yes to fish

pessi_optimist
09-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Excellent thread!! Just what i have been looking for, especially raw milk.

I am on the cusp of eating raw meat too, although i will cook stuff still. Quality is important-Do you get grass fed beef?

wonderfullife
09-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Excellent thread!! Just what i have been looking for, especially raw milk.

I am on the cusp of eating raw meat too, although i will cook stuff still. Quality is important-Do you get grass fed beef?

Your welcome:)
Yes i try to when i can to get grass fed or i go organic (better than nothing)
I will say i feel absolutly brilliant since i started to eat raw all raw food. it makes you look younger too and apparently helps with weight loss i can't verify that yet though.

pessi_optimist
09-02-2011, 09:43 PM
I eat alot of raw vegetable, mostly raw infact, although i do prefer it steamed. The cauliflower i grow is so tender however that there is no need to steam it. Yams of course need to be cooked for me, but i steam them usually.

I am dying to try some raw venison, and will do so as soon as i can. I cook it extremely rarely anyway. Raw eggs might be an idea too, although again, scrambled eggs are too damn good. I think raw food is very valuable, even though all this stuff tastes better cooked, like steamed kale and butter. Wow.

wonderfullife
09-02-2011, 09:59 PM
I eat alot of raw vegetable, mostly raw infact, although i do prefer it steamed. The cauliflower i grow is so tender however that there is no need to steam it. Yams of course need to be cooked for me, but i steam them usually.

I am dying to try some raw venison, and will do so as soon as i can. I cook it extremely rarely anyway. Raw eggs might be an idea too, although again, scrambled eggs are too damn good. I think raw food is very valuable, even though all this stuff tastes better cooked, like steamed kale and butter. Wow.

I'd love to try some raw venison yum. Found this site you might find useful
http://forum.ukrawfoodnetwork.co.uk/

wonderfullife
09-02-2011, 10:51 PM
I have just found out raw eggs can induce intense detoxification and the author says he ate raw farm eggs and his body released residues of valium that he had taken 15 years ago he was violently ill therefore dumping the valium. he ate more eggs and was fine,

pessi_optimist
09-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Cool Stuff, will look into that.

moosevens
10-02-2011, 02:06 AM

lmao, nothing to do with the fact they dont live very long though eh?
also some people can get away with not brushing their teeth just like some people can eat anything without getting fat

wonderfullife
10-02-2011, 06:05 PM
lmao, nothing to do with the fact they dont live very long though eh?
also some people can get away with not brushing their teeth just like some people can eat anything without getting fat

nope they do not brush their teeth no cavities perfectl bite and excellant development of jaw bone because their diet was a lot better than the modern diet. You say they did not live as long as us do we really know that or is that what we have been brainwashed into thinking?

wonderfullife
10-02-2011, 06:23 PM
I rang the farm today really nice guy he says they are going to be on radio4 this sun at 2pm worth a listen.

He said people who are lactose intolerant have no probs with raw milk and people who normally get excema well that disappears and people with asthma well the asthma goes or gets better acne sorted and hayfever well people do not get that anymore!
I mentioned the teeth and he agreed and said his customers do not need to go to dentist anymore! Eye problems like shortsightedness gets better.

ryanhodgson
11-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Use baking soda as toothpaste. After a couple months of using this, it took the plague - which the dentist normally has to chissel off - right off. Teeth are white and gums are healthy. This coming for someone who had bad problems with my mouth back when I saw the dentist every 4 months. I don't now if I'll ever go back.

Also you should oil pull.

velasca
12-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Use baking soda as toothpaste. After a couple months of using this, it took the plague - which the dentist normally has to chissel off - right off. Teeth are white and gums are healthy. This coming for someone who had bad problems with my mouth back when I saw the dentist every 4 months. I don't now if I'll ever go back.

Do you use the baking soda all the time? I brush just with water usually and baking soda twice a week or so.

armoured_amazon
12-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Subbed!

wonderfullife
12-02-2011, 08:11 PM
http://paleodietlifestyle.com/the-work-of-the-weston-a-price-foundation/

This is a good site about The Weston Price foundation good info.

wonderfullife
12-02-2011, 08:18 PM

Yes oil pulling very beneficial.

The vicco ia m useing is really good after day 3 my teeth have never been so white and my gums are getting stronger by the day and growing yes growing my teeth are getting smaller brilliant and my cavities are glazeing over.

My kids are the same and since we started the diet my childrens teeth are straightening! I thought it would take years no we have started to measure our skulls and jaws omg the growth is a daily thing! My kids are very excited about this they thought they would have crooked teeth all their lives and have to get braces!

My wisdom teeth are coming through no pain!

wonderfullife
12-02-2011, 08:21 PM
BTW i have 4 crowns and they were getting loose i thought oh no trip to dentist started diet and vicco my gums are going over top of crowns and crowns aint going anywhere! :)

wonderfullife
12-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Kerrygold butter or anchor butter really good for teeth as cows are grass fed and the grass is really good. If you can get your hands on raw butter well much better of course. The kerrygold and anchor cows produce activator x which is something we humans really need!
You get activator x from raw dairy products and grass fed meat.

Cod liver oil a must and liver. the best cod liver oil is nordic natursl as it is not cooked i got some on ebay.
Cod liver oil about 1/2 a teaspoon with every meal or 3 times a day.
You can lightly fry liver with garlic if you wish.

wonderfullife
13-02-2011, 02:03 PM
I was given the wrong info about when the farm is on Radio 4

It will be on Radio4 at 14th feb at 4pm

It was on Sat 13th at 12.30pm maybe someone caught that.

wonderfullife
13-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Wise Traditions London 2010 - Sally Fallon Morell, Part 2 on Vimeo

Good video to watch about the benefits about raw milk the one major benefit i am particulary intrested in is that it kills Candida!

wonderfullife
14-02-2011, 02:19 PM
http://www.hurdlebrook.co.uk/index.html

This farm deliver every Mon Tues Wed Thurs

They do Raw Milk raw butter Raw cream.
If you go to farm you can get their ice-cream.

wonderfullife
14-02-2011, 02:20 PM
You can hear programme here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00yhv32/Food_Programme_What_Is_Milk/

wonderfullife
14-02-2011, 02:24 PM
This vid is a talk with a neurologist who treats her paitents with raw milk
She talks about our second brain

Wise Traditions London 2010 - Natasha Campbell-McBride on Vimeo

wonderfullife
14-02-2011, 02:33 PM
I think this site is very intresting about the health benefits of raw milk

http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/raw_milk_health_benefits.html

wonderfullife
14-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Here is a link for Kefir grains.
http://www.livekefirgrains.com/

And this link
http://www.kefirshop.co.uk/shop.htm

theoneandonly
14-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks for all the links...

i ordered some raw milk from hook and son farm, should be delivered wednesday i cant wait!! :)

wonderfullife
14-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks for all the links...

i ordered some raw milk from hook and son farm, should be delivered wednesday i cant wait!! :)

Glad it helped :)

wonderfullife
16-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Bump

wonderfullife
16-02-2011, 09:44 PM
USA admits adding fluoride to water is damaging teeth and has been a big experiment - YouTube

Surprise surprise flouride damages you! :eek:

wonderfullife
16-02-2011, 09:53 PM
yep it is a scam yes we have been lied too.

NaturalNews) This scam starts as follows: the CDC (Centers For Deceit Control and Procrastination) in their Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report of August 17, 2001/Vol 50/ No. RR-14 entitled "Recommendations for Using Fluoride to Prevent and Control Dental Caries in the United States, says on page 4, 5th paragraph, "that fluoride's predominant effect is after the tooth comes into the mouth and on the surface of the tooth".

The question posed to the CDC, the EPA, and the Public Health officials of "why then do we have to ingest it?" NEVER gets answered.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/031335_water_fluoridation.html#ixzz1EA3xP6Xa

wonderfullife
18-02-2011, 12:25 AM
This is a very good article about cure for tooth decay andpreventing root canal treatment.

NaturalNews) It is not true that conventional dental treatments and fluoride are the only ways to heal your teeth from cavities. When struck with the diagnoses of a dental cavity, most people feel totally helpless or powerless to do anything about it themselves. The common belief about tooth decay is that once you have a cavity, the tooth cavity cannot heal or reverse
The only solution seems to be to rush off to the dentist and have a synthetic material placed in your teeth to cover the breached tooth structure.

No longer should we continue to accept dental surgery or the dangerous chemical, fluoride, as our only hope and solution for tooth decay

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/022564.html#ixzz1EGWdX8MF

evenflow
18-02-2011, 03:26 PM

I bourght some on ebay

I ordered some and its just arrived. I got the toothpaste and the powder.
The toothpaste was great~ a nice healthy taste.
The powder was a bit scary looking being brown...lol
It tasted ok too.

My teeth now feel the cleanest they have ever felt. A lovely freshness and so smooth.
Thanks for tip...im sold :)

wonderfullife
18-02-2011, 06:25 PM
It tasted ok too.

My teeth now feel the cleanest they have ever felt. A lovely freshness and so smooth.
Thanks for tip...im sold :)

Glad you bought it. Yeah ok the brown is a bit daunting but it is so worth it my gums do not bleed anymore and it is very fresh:)

gnosis_dub
19-02-2011, 01:26 AM
You may want to try high amts of vit. D (15000iu/day) and krill oil.
Also this page is helpful on remineralizing your teeth. :D
http://www.smartahealth.com/remineralization.html

sodi
19-02-2011, 06:26 AM
I recently had a root canal done and it was so annoying !! What was more annoying was finding out that I have 6 fucking cavities !! Its like I take care of my teeth yet they are so fd up

theoneandonly
19-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Also this page is helpful on remineralizing your teeth. :D

Great link!! I just looked at my fluoride free toothpaste (Sarakan) and its got glycerin in it :( which inhibits the natural remineralisation of teeth!

Anyone recommend a toothpaste?? :)

wonderfullife
19-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Great link!! I just looked at my fluoride free toothpaste (Sarakan) and its got glycerin in it :( which inhibits the natural remineralisation of teeth!

Anyone recommend a toothpaste?? :)

Vicco vajradanti tooth powder i got mine on ebay teeth never felt cleaner and my gums are hardening so stopping receding gums.
This tooth powder is contains no flouride and you do not use a toothbrush which is v bad for ones mouth anyway.
It is refreshing too. My teeth are so white! So no more scale and polish at dentist anymore.:)

theoneandonly
19-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Vicco vajradanti tooth powder i got mine on ebay teeth never felt cleaner and my gums are hardening so stopping receding gums.
This tooth powder is contains no flouride and you do not use a toothbrush which is v bad for ones mouth anyway.
It is refreshing too. My teeth are so white! So no more scale and polish at dentist anymore.:)

I think i will get some of that.. its just hard to step away from a toothbrush and paste! Is the dentist pleased with your teeth? I have never told mine that i dont have 'normal' toothpaste and use fluoride free, it may bias them into thinking i need more dental treatment! lol :p

On the plus side my teeth feel and look soo much better after drinking raw milk for 3 days! and apparently my teeth and gums were excellent anyway :cool:

jr93
19-02-2011, 05:57 PM
you again with another great thread ;)

posting this so i can check back on this in future via my stats page, thanks

wonderfullife
19-02-2011, 08:44 PM
you again with another great thread ;)

posting this so i can check back on this in future via my stats page, thanks

Thank you:)

wonderfullife
19-02-2011, 08:51 PM
I think i will get some of that.. its just hard to step away from a toothbrush and paste! Is the dentist pleased with your teeth? I have never told mine that i dont have 'normal' toothpaste and use fluoride free, it may bias them into thinking i need more dental treatment! lol :p

On the plus side my teeth feel and look soo much better after drinking raw milk for 3 days! and apparently my teeth and gums were excellent anyway :cool:

I haven't been to dentist yet after my change in diet, raw milk and vicco I want to give it more time b4 i do if i ever do again we'll see. After reading cure tooth decay and watching you tube vids i am very reluctant to go.
It takes a lot to not actually pick up tooth brush and toothpaste but my mouth has never felt better :)
My wisdom teeth are coming through now no pain. I want to see how i go. I used to work for a dentist so i know what they do behind closed doors so to speak.
They certainly do not know anything about the importance of nutrition. I think they study it for 1 day i know doctors only study nutrition for one day while in Uni.

wonderfullife
19-02-2011, 08:54 PM
I recently had a root canal done and it was so annoying !! What was more annoying was finding out that I have 6 fucking cavities !! Its like I take care of my teeth yet they are so fd up

Have a look at cure tooth decay vids fraid you have to buy the book (best investment i have ever made) You can heal those cavities it is not immpossiable.
I have 1 broken tooth and it has sealed itself and now gum is coming up to cover rest of hole.
My kids cavities are now glazeing over.

evenflow
19-02-2011, 10:49 PM
This tooth powder is contains no flouride and you do not use a toothbrush which is v bad for ones mouth anyway.It is refreshing too. My teeth are so white! So no more scale and polish at dentist anymore.:)

Ive been using a brush to apply the powder ( after brushing with the toothpaste) how do you apply it without a brush?

wonderfullife
19-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Ive been using a brush to apply the powder ( after brushing with the toothpaste) how do you apply it without a brush?

Useing a clean finger gently massage on gums for 2 minutes then leave for 5 minutes then rinse ( as much as you wish). :)
(yep some gets on teeth no prob totally hamless and you can swallow not lethal like toothpaste)

somethinganonymous
19-02-2011, 11:12 PM
washing teeth in bicarbonate and salt does wonders on my teeth (being a smoker, wet chewing tobacco user and sometimes drinking coffee)

bicarbonate is found in baking soda, add salt and you've got a fine toothpowder. tastes like crap though...

indolering
20-02-2011, 12:11 AM
Useing a clean finger gently massage on gums for 2 minutes then leave for 5 minutes then rinse ( as much as you wish). :)
(yep some gets on teeth no prob totally hamless and you can swallow not lethal like toothpaste)

Good thread, wonderfullife. Teeth and gums are so important and prominent in our lives, and mainstream dentistry and health care are so warped...we need good information like this so we can begin taking care of ourselves and not be dependent on jive-ass practitioners who charge exorbitant fees for harmful procedures.

I'd just like to leave you with one observation. I don't judge people who consume animals, I used to myself many years ago.... I would only ask that everyone contemplate this issue carefully, considering all aspects of this practice. This debate is an ancient one, and often just boils down to one's personal constitution, although it can be a cultural phenomenon as well. I used to think that vegetarian diets are healthier (which I still believe), but nowadays the issue of animal exploitation is paramount in my reasoning; it's a spiritual issue first and foremost. I had to ask myself if animals existed for my nutrition or if they held a higher destiny. I finally saw that it was presumptuous of me to partake in the slaughter and consumption of any creature. I realized that plants were for human nutrition and animals were for human companionship (distinct from domestication) and our education and enjoyment. Gandhi used to say you can judge a society by the way it treats its animals.

Anyway, thanks for all the links and info. ;)

stelios
20-02-2011, 07:17 AM
It tasted ok too.

Thanks for tip...im sold :) Ok i dont want to put the downer on this debate.
But there is alot of Indian toothpaste that is actually made from cow shit.
And i would be very wary of using one that is brown in colour.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/lifestyle/a/-/health/6875138/would-you-like-cow-dung-with-that-toothpaste/

http://image.absoluteastronomy.com/images/encyclopediaimages/c/co/cowpie-jeffvanuga.jpg

Personally i use Sensodyne Original which has no fluoride and i have no fillings and all my teeth. I have used it since i was 10.
I also think coca cola / diet coke are the worst thing for your teeth. I stopped drinking them a few years ago.

Baking soda is good but might be abrasive.
And sometimes contains aluminium powder too.

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2008/10/why-you-should-use-aluminum-free/

wonderfullife
20-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Ok i dont want to put the downer on this debate.
But there is alot of Indian toothpaste that is actually made from cow shit.
And i would be very wary of using one that is brown in colour.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/lifestyle/a/-/health/6875138/would-you-like-cow-dung-with-that-toothpaste/

http://image.absoluteastronomy.com/images/encyclopediaimages/c/co/cowpie-jeffvanuga.jpg

Personally i use Sensodyne Original which has no fluoride and i have no fillings and all my teeth. I have used it since i was 10.
I also think coca cola / diet coke are the worst thing for your teeth. I stopped drinking them a few years ago.

Baking soda is good but might be abrasive.
And sometimes contains aluminium powder too.

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2008/10/why-you-should-use-aluminum-free/

I agree about the Indian toothpaste but Vicco is made in Goa and India has very high standeards with regards production. A lot of Indians use coal or chalk Vicco contains neither just herbs 22 to be exact.
India has some of the best health care in the world but at a much lower cost.
http://www.viccolabs.com/vicco/Index.aspx

wonderfullife
20-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Good thread, wonderfullife. Teeth and gums are so important and prominent in our lives, and mainstream dentistry and health care are so warped...we need good information like this so we can begin taking care of ourselves and not be dependent on jive-ass practitioners who charge exorbitant fees for harmful procedures.

I'd just like to leave you with one observation. I don't judge people who consume animals, I used to myself many years ago.... I would only ask that everyone contemplate this issue carefully, considering all aspects of this practice. This debate is an ancient one, and often just boils down to one's personal constitution, although it can be a cultural phenomenon as well. I used to think that vegetarian diets are healthier (which I still believe), but nowadays the issue of animal exploitation is paramount in my reasoning; it's a spiritual issue first and foremost. I had to ask myself if animals existed for my nutrition or if they held a higher destiny. I finally saw that it was presumptuous of me to partake in the slaughter and consumption of any creature. I realized that plants were for human nutrition and animals were for human companionship (distinct from domestication) and our education and enjoyment. Gandhi used to say you can judge a society by the way it treats its animals.

Anyway, thanks for all the links and info. ;)

Thank you :)
Yes the animal debate is a tough one. I would recommend buying meat from a local supplier not the big supermarkets. Buy organic if poss.
I do believe humans need meat after all we were once scavengers many years ago and now records show that there were cannibals in Somerset it's what got them through the ice age.
Our brains would not of evolved without meat supposedly?
The basis of the tooth decay cure is the importance of Vit A and D which our modern diet is severly lacking and the introduction of modern foods sugers chemicals bad farming process.
If you have any info of alternatives for vegertarians for getting these vits or an alternative for cod liver oil please do add links etc. :)

wonderfullife
20-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Having looked at the impressive Vicco website they recommend the paste and the tooth powder (could be a way of making more money perhaps).
I leave to everyones discretion wether you want to use the paste and the powder and a toothbrush up to you.
Healthy teeth clean themselves anyway food does not cause cavities poor diet causes caveities.
Anyhow the company looks pretty good to me and trustworthy and they have won many awards. It all looks very clean.
It isn't 22 herbs it's 20 herbs and barks etc.

I noticed there is an affilate programme on the site I have nothing to do with that the product was a recommendation on another site about tooth decay by a woman who used to work in India and she bought it out there cos she ran out of her western toothpaste. She stressed just use the powder don't know why.
This is the site you can read her reply and her recommendation of Vicco http://nourishedmagazine.com.au/blog/articles/forgotten-tooth-decay-cure-heal-your-cavities-and-prevent-root-canals

http://www.viccolabs.com/vicco/Factory.aspx

http://www.viccolabs.com/vicco/Ingredients.aspx

http://www.viccolabs.com/vicco/Products.aspx?ProdNo=M8

I leave it to you to make up your own minds. I am happy with the powder it's very refreshing and my teeth and gums feel so clean and my teeth are so white! (I drink coffee and i smoke, trying to stop no brown teeth anymore)
I was in a lot of pain cos of my broken tooth and the vicco really helped with the pain and the change in my diet and raw milk has really healed my broken tooth.:)

indolering
20-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Thank you :)
Yes the animal debate is a tough one. I would recommend buying meat from a local supplier not the big supermarkets. Buy organic if poss.
I do believe humans need meat after all we were once scavengers many years ago and now records show that there were cannibals in Somerset it's what got them through the ice age.
Our brains would not of evolved without meat supposedly?
do you agree?

No, I don't think that's true at all. There's nothing special, nutritional or otherwise, about fish, fowl or mammals that is essential for proper human development.

Undoubtedly, men have consumed animals for thousands of years. I suspect, however, that foraging was their primary source of sustenance. This makes sense for a number of reasons: first, it's easier and more harmonious to gather food than hunt for it; second, our nearest relatives are mostly vegetarian, and our bodies are designed to ingest plants rather than animals. We're not carnivores nor even omnivores although we are versatile enough to survive on meat.

People often point out that some cultures depend on animals for their sustenance. This is true and those people are doing what they must. But that's not the case with those of us who have ready access to a wide variety of foodstuffs. As I mentioned before, I think the debate over vegetarianism will, in the future, focus more on the spiritual aspects of the practice. The great principle of ahimsa has been brought to the West from India; it means 'non-injury,' 'harmlessness,' 'non-violence.' It encourages a lifestyle which creates the least amount of harm, within reason. For the Hindus, this was tied in with reincarnation and karma, the idea being that non-violence and goodness will insure for us a higher future incarnation.

In the modern world, the mass consumption of animals has more immediate and practical implications. Rainforests decimated to produce grazing land...water wasted and polluted by factory farming...health declining because of excessive animal consumption.

Anyway, it's an important subject and there's lots of threads on the topic. Thanks for letting me express my concerns. :)

wonderfullife
20-02-2011, 12:07 PM
When you go to the dentist for a check up the dentist will use x-rays and visual inspection to see if there are any cavities present. As they are taught in dental school and are legally required to they offer surgical treatment for the disease in the form of removing the diseased part of the tooth by drilling and replacing it with a synthetic material.
The drill is as fast as 350,000 rotations per minute. This raises the temperature of the tooth nerve causing nerve damage. The speed shatters a portion of the fragile microscopic nutrient tubules within each tooth.
A normal mercury filling has 1000 milligrams of mercury, a fluorescent light bulbs have 22 milligrams.
The white fillings not much better ok they are less toxic and made up of ground glass and plastic still cause immune reaction.
The more teeth that are drilled and filled the more money is made. There is not much incentive for curing and preventing cavities because without the drilling and filling it becomes more of a challenge to turn dentistry into a profitable career.
With all the toxic materials put into peoples mouths causing immune system responses, the short life span of the fillings the damage caused by the high speed drilling and unnecessarily prescribed filling treatment, the conventional dentist doesn’t offer his patients true health care or a permanent solution to tooth decay. The dentist does not focus on diet just surgery and cash.

wonderfullife
20-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Dentists, scientists, doctors and government officials have decided the prevalent accepted theory that viruses and bacteria are the basic or primary cause of disease including tooth decay. The disease theory labelled “the germ theory”. It has become cemented in our minds thanks to Louis Pasteur (1822-1895) who proposed a theory of disease that is now the basis of most forms of modern medicine. The theory is that pathogenic bacteria exist outside of the body, when the body defences are lowered bacteria invade the body and cause disease. There is a large body of evidence that shows bacteria do not invade people, the bacteria evolve and change according to their environment. Mr Pasteur’s contribution to medical thought has led us to our modern system of dental care. In which we attempt to cure cavities by killing the invading force bacteria. In modern thinking bacteria is the enemy and your mouth is the battleground. No matter how much money you spend on dentistry the war against bacteria is never won. There is a combination of beliefs that tooth decay is caused by bacteria, the belief that bacteria eats the foods in the mouth and produces acid that causes tooth decay. Then the aim is to control bacteria growth in the mouth by treatment.
The war against bacteria can be summarized as follows :
1. You must brush your teeth all the time to eliminate these disease causing bacteria.
2. You must rinse your mouth with chemicals to eliminate more dangerous bacteria.
3. You must floss to eliminate the remaining bacteria and food perticles.
4. When this does not work you must pay a dentist to remove the bacterial infestations with drilling.
5. When a dental drill cannot remove the bacteria and the growth progresses the tooth root becomes infected , this requires a root canal to clean out the bacteria from within the tooth
6. Finally when all this fails to keep your tooth alive, the tooth must be removed and a fake tooth or no tooth is what remains.

By the time the fifth stage is reached even after spending thousands of pounds /dollars on dental care the war is lost. No matter what you do or how many times your teeth are drilled and filled the cure for cavities remains elusive. Modern treatment does alleviate some pain and suffering but if the basic cause of tooth decay, diet, is not addressed your teeth will continue to decay. Bacteria is NOT the primary cause of cavities.
In 1883 W.D Miller found extracted teeth immersed in fermenting bread and saliva produced what appeared to be tooth decay. He thought that acids in the mouth were formed by microorganisms that dissolved teeth. He never believed that tooth decay was caused by bacteria. He believed that bacteria and their acid were part of the process of decay. He believed a strong tooth would not decay. He believed a strong dense tooth would resist indefinitely an attack from acid whether food or bacteria. Over 120 years later modern dentistry sticks with Millers theory but missing vital information, that a strong tooth with good density will not decay.
Dentists are taught that it’s the bacteria by themselves that cause tooth decay. Other than in how food sticks to teeth, dentists believe diet has very little to do with cavities.
Dr Miller wrote this :
“The extent to which any tooth suffers from the action of the acid depends upon it’s density and structure, but more particulary upon the perfection of the enamel and the protection of the neck of the tooth by healthy gums. What we might call a perfect tooth would resist indefinitely the same acid to which a tooth of opposite character would succumb in a few weeks”

The modern theory of tooth decay further dissolves, because white sugar actually has the ability to incapacitate microorganisms since it attracts water. In a 20% sugar solution bacteria will perish. If dentistry is correct about bacteria, then a high sugar diet should eliminate bacteria not make it thrive.

wonderfullife
20-02-2011, 04:32 PM
From 1954 to today the work of Dr Steinman and Dr Leonora give proof that tooth decay is triggered by our bodies physiology as a result of our diet. The Hypothalamus regulates the nervous system and the glandular system through the pituitary gland. The two Drs found that the Hypothalamus communicates with glands in our jaw, the parotid glands via parotid hormone releasing factor. When the parotid gland is stimulated by the hypothalamus it releases parotid hormone which triggers a movement of mineral rich dental lymph through the microscopic channels in our teeth. This fluid cleans our teeth and re-mineralises the teeth. The interruption of the mineral rich fluid over time results in tooth destruction. (tooth decay).
Some are born with a strong parotid gland and teeth are fine even with a poor diet. Dr Steinman’s rat studies showed that while bacteria produce acid, there is no correlation between acid produced by bacteria and the presence of tooth decay. Dr Steinman has proven that tooth decay is regulated by our glandular system through hormones which are controlled by diet. It is diet not bacteria that cause cavities. This has been know since 1883. On the essential level of responsibility if germs cause cavities then humanity will continue to be the victim to the dreaded plague of tooth decay. Yet when diet is fully understood as the cause of cavities, we have full control to heal and prevent tooth decay. If dental drilling, tooth pulling, water fluoridation, tooth brushing and toothpastes were the proper treatments for cavities then we would not see this increase in tooth decay over time.
Tooth decay in children (baby teeth) of children aged 2 to 5 years old increased from 24% to 28% between 1988-1994 and 1999 – 2004 along with the increase in decay came an increase in dental treatments why hasn’t the increase in dental treatments in these young children stopped tooth decay?.
Is 90% of the population not following prescribed protocol? I doubt that. No there is something wrong with the modern war on bacteria.

realview
21-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Good things for the mouth -

Hydrogen peroxide spray (4 drops in 2 ox bottle of distilled water)
Neutralizing body PH with apple cider vinegar and alfalfa tablets, etc..

oil pulling with Sesame oil.

Dandur red tooth powder.

wonderfullife
22-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Good things for the mouth -

Hydrogen peroxide spray (4 drops in 2 ox bottle of distilled water)
Neutralizing body PH with apple cider vinegar and alfalfa tablets, etc..

oil pulling with Sesame oil.

Dandur red tooth powder.

Thanks for the info :)

wonderfullife
23-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Dr Melvin Page followed Weston Price’s findings and added the science of blood to those findings. Dr Page believed it took a 25% imbalance of body chemistry to cause teeth to decay. Dr Page discovered the biochemical cause of tooth decay and gum disease: a disturbance in the ratio of calcium to phosphorus in the blood . A ratio of 8.75mg of calcium per 100cc of blood, and 3.5mg of phosphorus per 100cc of blood, with normal blood sugar levels, creates immunity to tooth decay. The healthy blood sugar level is 85 milligrams per 100cc of blood. When there are blood sugar spikes, minerals like calcium are pulled from our bones. When the amounts of calcium or phosphorus in the blood deviate from these levels from these levels or if they are not in the exact proportion of 2.5 parts calcium to one part phosphorus, minerals are withdrawn from the teeth or other tissues, resulting in tooth decay or gum disease or both. Dr Page wrote: “It takes a continued low level of phosphorus, over a period of several months ,to deplete the dentin of it’s mineral structure.”
The rapid decline in health of native people’s subsisting on a modern diet is chiefly the result of not enough available calcium and phosphorus in the diet.

wonderfullife
23-02-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.artisanbread-abo.com/

Good place to go for fermented bread, flours levened bread etc

wonderfullife
23-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Phytic acid has a strong inhibitory effect on mineral absorption in adults, particularly the absorption of Iron. Even small amounts of Phytic Acid in ones diet can lead to a significant reduction of iron absorption. While grains, particularly whole grains are rich in phosphorus, up to 80% of the phosphorus is bound up as phytate which is not absorbable by the body.
Phytic acid inhibits enzymes that we need to digest our food, including a pepsin which is needed for the breakdown of proteins, in the stomach and the amylase, which is required for the breakdown of starch into sugar. Trypsin is needed for protein digestion in tha small intestine is also inhibited by phytic acid.
The concentration of and types of enzyme inhibitors varies considerably between different types of grains. Grains also contain tannins which can depress growth, decrease iron absorption and damage the muscol lining of the intestinal of the gastrointestinal tract.
In addition to tannins, saponins in grains may inhibit growth. Since phosphorus is the crucial mineral for tooth re-mineralization we want to then eliminate the bound phosphorous as phytic acid from our diet as much as possible.

wonderfullife
10-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Dentist George Heard tells us about a curious case study.

[A] lady from a distant city stopped in Hereford on her way to California and called at my office. Mrs. N. had just about the cleanest mouth I had ever found in a patient. She told me that from early girlhood she had religiously kept the old textbook rule: 'Brush your teeth after each meal' For all that, my patient had a mouthful of fillings, three or four to every tooth, between the teeth, near the base, and all around. There was more golden than enamel showing in her mouth.

For contrast, Dr. Heard wrote:

To cite an instance. Some years ago a patient came into my office from 20 miles west. The old fellow had never used a tooth brush in his life. He had the dirtiest mouth I had ever seen. His teeth were thickly covered with tartar, scales and caked food particles.

Mr. G.P. was not in trouble when he came to see me. His wife had persuaded him that he ought to have his teeth cleaned whether they needed it or not. When I cleared that lifetime accumulation of foreign matter off his teeth - a full day's work - to my astonishment, I had uncovered as fine a set of teeth as I had run across in 50 years' practice.

Why did Mr. G.P. not have cavities, and why did Mrs. N. have cavities?

G.P.'s diet:

He ate a lot of his vegetables and raw fruit when he could get it. G. P. was also a heavy milk drinker. He told me that he was particularly fond of buttermilk and clabber.

Buttermilk is a sour tasting milk that is left over from making butter. Clabber is regular raw milk left to sit out, and then it naturally gets sour.

Mrs. N.'s diet:

What Mrs. N. told me about her eating habits bore out my theory completely. All her life she lived on pastry, cakes, pies, jams and jellies. She had eaten but little meat, raw or cooked vegetables or fruit. She drank tea instead of milk.
Grassfed milk stems from nutrient rich soils which contain minerals such as calcium and phosphorus. It also contains a special vitamin not found commonly in our modern diet, called activator X. Activator X has relations to the fat-soluble vitamin K2 and fat-soluble vitamin D. In laboratory experiments, butter rich in Activator X helped animals build strong bones. It even cured rickets. Activator X is in milk fat found only in cows that graze on rapidly growing green grass.

wonderfullife
10-03-2011, 09:30 PM
9,000 years ago around 7,000 BC wheat and barley were first cultivated. Corn and Rice followed 2,500 years later in 4,500 BC. According to human fossial records , prior to this time period tooth decay was virtually unknown. Teeth recovered from Pakistan dating to around 5,500 BC show signs of being drilled presumably because of tooth decay. The average rate of tooth decay for the last 5,500 years has been climbing. The rate has been seen in Native Americans who switched from a hunter gatherer lifestyle to a more heavily corn based diet. The cultivation of grains has fostered the the evolution of civilisation, allowing city centres to to emerge in which large groups of people live together, such as in ancient Eygpt. Grains fed the masses.
Whole grains are connected to a variety of diseases, The Goverments and the food manufacturing Giants promote the view that whole grains are better for our health.
Our bodies are not designed to eat grains in their raw form so we have to predigest them through fermentation and then cooking.
Dr Edward Mellanby found that a diet high in grain germ led to nervous system problems.in his dogs such as leg weakness and uncordinated movements. He concluded that most cereals contain a toxic substance that can affect the nervous system. The connection of grains and legumes and peliagra a Niacin deficiency. Or lathyrisum (immobility) caused by bean toxins. Pernicious anemia (B12) deficiency.
Scurvey was a common disease among sailors because they had to subsist on a diet of dried foods mainly grains, you get gum disease with scurvey. Healthy gums protect teeth from tooth decay so as both are symptoms of scurvey it is feasable that what causes scurvey and cures it will also cause or cure gum disease as well. Guineapigs fed on a high grain diet developed a condition to be exactly the same as scurvy in humans. They were fed mainly bran and oats.
Some were fed mainly oats, barley,maize and soy bean flour.
exclusive oat meal diet kills guineapig within 24 days from scurvy. These diets produced severe tooth decay and gum problems in the guniea pigs.
Guniea pigs fed germinated oats and barley did not contract scurvy. Sauerkaut would introduce vitamin C which sorts out the disease and they found this with the guinea pigs aswell.

ironcobra
29-03-2011, 06:49 AM
http://www.greenpasture.org/public/Products/index.cfm

Great site for cod liver oils, skate liver oil, raw butters etc...

wonderfullife
11-07-2011, 03:37 PM
http://www.greenpasture.org/public/Products/index.cfm

Great site for cod liver oils, skate liver oil, raw butters etc...

Thanks for recommendation.:)

wonderfullife
11-07-2011, 03:51 PM
This is worth a try for tooth ache and tooth problems
http://jimhumble.biz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17&Itemid=37

outh and gum diseases respond promptly to MMS. Just make up a 10 drops dose of MMS. Take 10 drops and add 10 drops of the 50% citric acid solution, 50 drops of citric acid 10 % solution or 50 drops of lemon juice, wait 30 seconds when using the 50% citric acid solution and 3 minutes when using the 10% citric acid or lemon juice, then add about 1/2 glass of water (4 ounces).Use a soft tooth brush and pour the liquid onto the brush and brush your teeth and gums very well. Be gentle at first. Do this 3 or 4 times a day for the first three or four days. Then do it twice a day until everything is totally cleared up...Use the extra solution to rinse and gargle your mouth. Do this slowly so that some of the Cl02 gas has time to simmer out of the liquid. The invisible Cl02 gas will kill all the germs and bacteria in your mouth without harming sensitive gums or sore places on the tongue. Then for a few weeks brush your teeth at least once a day with the MMS solution. Your mouth should be in much better condition after one week, but it will continue to improve for several weeks before it gets to the condition of being a lot healthier than ever before. You can then cut back to two or three times a week.

Emergency Toothache Options:

There are many reports of people whose toothaches were stopped completely within a few minutes of holding activated MMS in the mouth for two minutes. This would be one of those situations where you couldn't get scheduled for dental work and you have no choice but to clinch down on cloves to mask the pain - which might mean days or weeks while you wait for an opening on the dentist's waiting list. However, after one or two MMS treatments, the tooth ache might not reappear for 12 to 24 hours. The reason for tooth-pain is usually that bacteria has found a home deep in a tooth cavity and bacteria are feeding on nutrients near or touching the nerve. The tooth will not cause any more pain until more food is pressed into the crevice and new bacteria begin feeding again. Generally the pain will be gone for good.This procedure can be executed with a low dosage like this: one MMS drop in a small cup with 5 drops of the acid. After three minutes, add 1 or 2 table spoons of water and stir it with a toothbrush. Your toothbrush is now nicely sterilized. Stir the mixture onto the brush, carry it into your mouth, and brush the tooth or teeth where the pain is felt. Carry more MMS into your mouth and repeat for two minutes or more. Often you can even kill an absses inside of a tooth by using DMSO. Just mix an equal amount of DMSO with the MMS and an equal amount of water and use that on the tooth brush to brush the tooth with the absses. Doesn't work every time but most of the time.

Regarding a Pressure-sensitive Tooth:

It should be noted that if your tooth is pressure sensitive - meaning that when you bite down on it then pain is felt, this usually indicates a pocket of infection forming under the tooth. In this case, mere brushing is futile but you have a powerful option for reducing and eliminating the infected tooth. Do it quickly. Use DMSO with the MMS for this purpose. It usually works, but you must remember that the MMS and DMSO must be used within 10 minutes as the DMSO kills the MMS after 10 minute.

herode
11-07-2011, 10:51 PM
I recently started brushing with raw montmorillonite clay, Thanks to domathy. I noticed a difference in just a few days of use, my teeth really feel much stronger than before.

Try it!

wonderfullife
15-07-2011, 12:44 AM
(NaturalNews) Wisdom teeth, also called the Third Molars, are the furthest back teeth, erupt between the ages of about 16 and 25 years old and are the last teeth to come in. In a large percentage of the population, these third molars either come in improperly or get 'stuck' behind other teeth, leading to infections and other dental problems. According to most dental sources, these 'impacted' wisdom teeth are considered 'Normal' due to the human evolution towards a smaller jaw. In the research of isolated cultures by a curious dentist, however, his findings prove that impacted wisdom teeth are a problem caused by nutrition and NOT evolution.

In the mid 1930's, an adventurous dentist set out to study some of the most isolated cultures on earth. His travels sent him from beautiful Swiss mountain villages, to vast African plains, to the tundra of northern Canada. In each village, Dr. Weston Price took measurements and pictures of the faces and teeth of people who still ate exclusively as their ancestors had for generations. Most had never, or almost never, eaten processed foods such as sugar or white flour. Shockingly he found that, in every case, people who had never eaten processed foods had healthy and functional third molars!

In order to make sure that this was not due to genetics, Dr. Price also did studies of the people from these villages who had migrated to the nearby cities and had begun eating processed foods. He consistently found that cultures in which there were no processed foods, the adults all had healthy, erupted and functional third molars; those who DID eat processed food had impacted wisdom teeth in the same percentage as the other city dwellers.

The explanation that the cause of impacted wisdom teeth is due to the evolution of the human jaw over many generations is refuted by Dr. Price's findings. This change occurred in only one single generation- and only upon the introduction of processed foods! In order to further solidify this theory, he visited the Tongan Islands which had the perfect conditions to allow for studying this phenomenon. Before World War I, the island was almost completely isolated with virtually no processed foods. After the war, however, the island was consistently visited by westerners who traded, among other products, sugar and white flour in exchange for the valuable dried coconut called 'Copra'. However, the traders- along with their processed foods- disappeared when the market for copra dried up.

Interestingly, the elders of the island, who had no access to processed foods until adulthood, had upright functional wisdom teeth. The next generation, who had eaten processed foods as children, had high rates of third molar impaction, but the young adults who were born after the traders and their processed foods had left had functional erupted wisdom teeth- even when their parents didn't. Along with pictures and measurements of jawbone and facial width, Dr. Price's theory was confirmed; the eating of processed foods, not evolution, causes incomplete development of the jaw leading to impacted third molars.

Unfortunately this 'politically incorrect' theory that poor nutrition is responsible for the modern problem of impacted wisdom teeth is vehemently denied by the dental industry. No matter what evidence, when an entire specialty of dentistry is devoted to making money by removing 'evolutionarily unnecessary' teeth and when entire swaths of the economy are dependent upon nutritionally bereft foods, teaching that impacted wisdom teeth are not a necessary part of the human condition is simply not a popular stance.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/029224_wisdom_teeth_nutrition.html#ixzz1S7tKQMfy

quietgirl
15-07-2011, 10:09 AM
This is extremely interesting. My teeth are fine at the moment but I'm slightly concerned because some of the medication I'm on gives me a dry mouth, and of course saliva helps protect against tooth decay.

I've always thought that if we here in the West (in general) didn't consume such a shocking amount of sugar, there'd be no need for flouride.

Re - raw milk. I had a rotten experience with raw milk. When I was in France in 1985, I drank raw milk and ate unpasteurized Brie - and promptly contracted listeria, which is possibly almost the least fun I've ever had. The thing is, I didn't have the relevant gut bacteria to deal with raw milk, being brought up on the pasteurized sort!

Mandy

hadabusa
15-07-2011, 10:23 AM
hold on.

you saying teeth can self heal or even rebuild thgemselves?

i was thinking i read thats impossible.once its gone bad, theres no return.is there?

plam
15-07-2011, 12:50 PM
hold on.
you saying teeth can self heal or even rebuild thgemselves?
i was thinking i read thats impossible.once its gone bad, theres no return.is there?

Teeth can be regrown even if completely missing. A firm in Canada has developed the technology, it's called Low intensity pulsed ultrasound. They developed it for hockey players, who often loose teeth during play. Big business, of course, won't allow it to become wide spread.

Low intensity pulsed ultrasound (LIPUS) is a medical technology, generally utilizing 1.5 MHz frequency pulses, with a pulse width of 200 μs, repeated at 1 kHz, at an intensity of 30 mW/cm2, 20 minutes/day.

Applications of LIPUS include:
Promoting bone fracture healing.[1]
Treating orthodontically induced root resorption.[2]
Regrow missing teeth.
Enhancing mandibular growth in children with hemifacial microsomia.[3]
Promoting healing in various soft tissues such as cartilage, inter vertebral disc, etc.[4]
Improving muscle healing after laceration injury.[5]

Low intensity pulsed ultrasound - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hadabusa
15-07-2011, 01:03 PM
thank you, plam.

but i rather meant regrow/reinforce naturaly.

thats impossible, right?

a cavity will not just take care of itself, right?

btw, i tried to wash teeth only with water bc i fell for that fluoride bullpiss, with horrible results.

thank you, *truth" community:rolleyes::rolleyes:

today i brush teeth 3-5times a day with fully fluoridized toothpaste and never had a problem with them anymore, whereas i had problems all the fucking time before.

i found that sugar intake and diet in general either protect teeth or destroy them.

herode
15-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Lmao! hey try it raw... ;)

http://www.puppetgov.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Sodium-Fluoride.jpg

http://www.panacea-bocaf.org/fluoride.jpg

http://img.tootoo.com/mytootoo/upload/49/490493/product/490493_40a3c4512a21a9bf5e96ac8e32055393.jpg

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=159798

:rolleyes::D

plam
15-07-2011, 09:02 PM
thank you, plam.
but i rather meant regrow/reinforce naturaly.
thats impossible, right?
a cavity will not just take care of itself, right?
btw, i tried to wash teeth only with water bc i fell for that fluoride bullpiss, with horrible results.
thank you, *truth" community:rolleyes::rolleyes:
today i brush teeth 3-5times a day with fully fluoridized toothpaste and never had a problem with them anymore, whereas i had problems all the fucking time before.
i found that sugar intake and diet in general either protect teeth or destroy them.

Not on its own, no, it needs a trigger, like the ultrasound, but once it gets going it's naturally growing.

Cavity CAN be healed naturally through diet. Read the finding of Weston Price about the diet of primitive cultures who never experienced tooth decay. It's not bacteria that causes tooth decay it's lack of certain nutrients.

As for brushing the teeth, have you tried tooth soap paste, it's much better than any other paste (with or without fluoride). I use this one http://www.cebraonline.com/ekmps/shops/sabineopp/images/cebra-vegan-tooth-soap-paste-1256-p.jpg

Also for cleaning the gums I use blotting toothbrush.

blue2
15-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Interesting thread and thought i'd add something www.red23.co.uk for raw goats milk and lots of good stuff on it.

blue2
15-07-2011, 10:27 PM

I bourght some on ebay

It's in USA though...not UK. There is sugar and salt in it as i just had a look at the end of whatever the Indian words mean...

wonderfullife
16-07-2011, 07:28 PM
It's in USA though...not UK. There is sugar and salt in it as i just had a look at the end of whatever the Indian words mean...

Mine is defo from Goa. sugar is 0.06g minimal salt. 0.06g for whole tub do you know how much suger is in toothpaste?

theramblingpoet
16-07-2011, 07:55 PM
I know this has nothing to do with teeth directly but in a way it helps also to contribute to overall health in general which contributes to a healthy mouth,
H2O2 mixed to a .006 percent dilution in 128 ozs 20 ounces of 3% added to 108 ounces of distilled water and 8 ozs of colloidal silver added to the entirety then you take 2 tbsp of the mixture and add one tbsp of chlorophyll and no less than 5 ounces of DISTILLED WATER ONLY,
drink it very leisurely before bed do not guzzle swish it in your mouth each mouth full for at least one minute. (of course brush your teeth and floss and use mouthwash before hand)
You will not only NOT wake up with the bacteria in your mouth that causes bad breath but you will find your body odor isn't nearly as bad as it usually is in the morning.
Do not eat any animal fat or dairy products 4 hours before or 2 hours after and no citric acid or vitamin c 2 hours before and after it will be very harsh on your tummy and you may vomit because of the intense action of the H2O2 destroying all bacteria within your body!

theramblingpoet
16-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Humans are Hydrogen and oxygen based creatures our bodies create hydrogen peroxide to destroy all pathogens that are foreign the elite are destroying our natural reaction time by poisoning us with toxins that slow that production down as well as the reaction time SO THAT WE WILL NOT LIVE AS LONG AS WE WERE MEANT TO stock up on foodgrade ONLY H2O2 and MSM both of these elements will CURE AIDS AND CANCER 100% of the time and MSM also cures malaria in 100% of the patients as well as other parasites killing them by elevating the bodies PH balance to a 7.0 PH not allowing for parasites to thrive in a higher PH based host!
Also buy colloidal silver makers and distillers for your own distilled water you cannot use tap water because of all the foreign pathogens in it!

wonderfullife
16-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Humans are Hydrogen and oxygen based creatures our bodies create hydrogen peroxide to destroy all pathogens that are foreign the elite are destroying our natural reaction time by poisoning us with toxins that slow that production down as well as the reaction time SO THAT WE WILL NOT LIVE AS LONG AS WE WERE MEANT TO stock up on foodgrade ONLY H2O2 and MSM both of these elements will CURE AIDS AND CANCER 100% of the time and MSM also cures malaria in 100% of the patients as well as other parasites killing them by elevating the bodies PH balance to a 7.0 PH not allowing for parasites to thrive in a higher PH based host!
Also buy colloidal silver makers and distillers for your own distilled water you cannot use tap water because of all the foreign pathogens in it!

Agreed:)

wonderfullife
20-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Bump

gnosis_dub
21-07-2011, 02:58 AM
Also this page is helpful on remineralizing your teeth.

The above link is no longer available, so posting the info. for others who are interested:

Enamel Re-Mineralization
Natural Treatments for Promoting Enamel Strengthening
Dentists will tell you flat out that re-growing enamel is not possible. The formation of enamel is a complex process that occurs via special cells called ameloblasts. When the new tooth erupts into the mouth, the ameloblasts die off because they are removed from their source of nutrition. Once the ameloblasts die off, there is no way to create new enamel.

Scientists have tried to artificially create enamel but the actual matrix structure is very complex and tough to replicate.
Like your nails, enamel is dead. However, like your nails, which can grow much quicker with lots of sunshine (Vitamin D) and good diet, enamel can be made to re-mineralize and strengthen through good diet and oral hygiene.

Enamel is composed of a complex matrix of minerals, largely crystalline calcium phosphate. This high mineral content (96%) makes enamel one of the hardest substances in the human body, but also makes it vulnerable to a process called de-mineralization which leeches out mineral content from the enamel, thus weaking the enamel layer. This enamel layer is only 3mm or so thick. Even small changes in this layer will open weak spots for the acids produced by the dental bacteria to penetrate.
Your tooth enamel is in a constant state of flux between- demineralizing and remineralizing. Although this process is microscopic on a daily level, a poor diet combined with poor dental hygiene can quite rapidly cause your enamel to weaken over months and eventually to cause decay with certainty over years.
Acidic foods and acid from bacteria slowly dissolve some of the minerals out of your enamel everyday. But those minerals are quickly replaced by minerals and enzymes in your saliva. When the acids begin to dissolve mineral more quickly than your saliva can replace it you get a cavity.
Whiter Teeth Naturally
Whiteness of teeth depends on the color of the enamel and the underlying dentin in the
tooth. Dentin is naturally yellow and begins to shine through the translucent enamel.
Once you re-mineralize the enamel the thicker layer shows less of the yellow dentin underneath and naturally whitens the teeth. Although this effect is way more subtle than the dramatic whiter than white of an oxidizing agent such as Hydrogen Peroxide, overtime working on re-mineralzing your teeth will keep them from developing that dull yellow look.
How can we prevent tooth enamel loss?
The question then becomes how can we naturally strengthen the enamel layer through re-mineralization, and also, most importantly, act quickly to stop the de-mineralization or weakening of the enamel layer?
First let's look at what de-mineralizes or weakens the enamel. There are four main factors that will quickly wreak havoc with tooth enamel.
An acid environment promotoes enamel loss
Coke and most soda's contain not only lots of sugar but phosphoric acid, which is the same acid dentists use to etch the enamel prior to inserting a filling. There is no surer way to lose enamel quickly. Please visit this site from Columbia University New York, and look at the pictures of a tooth bathing in coke turning brown and sticky like chewed up candy, in a matter of a few weeks. Enamel can also be harmed by acid introduced from the mouth by acid reflux or vomiting. Bulimics commonly have severe enamel loss, and often need major cosmetic dental treatment to reverse years of enamel loss due to the acid stripping the enamel from the inside of the teeth.
Physical Force. 
Teeth can chip or be subject to trauma leading to loss of enamel. Chewing does not effect enamel loss, but grinding the teeth can lead to severe enamel loss and poor dental health as the teeth become compromised. Some dental treatments - poking and prodding with sharp instruments, careless scraping, veneers which require the delicate shaving of the enamel can also weaken the enamel layer, leading to root canals and dental decay.
Commercial Toothpastes harmful for re-mineralisation
Most toothpaste contains glycerin. Many non fluoride toothpastes use glycerin as a common filler. Glycerin is an in-active ingredient in most toothpastes and is used as a filler. The glycerine is sticky and coats the tooth with a thin film which makes it more difficult for the tooth to re-mineralize. The re-mineralization process occurs through the saliva. Coat the enamel with a sticky residue of paste, and they won't remineralize. Nearly all commercial toothpastes contain glycerin. For toothpastes that don't click here.
Foods that De-mineralize your tooth enamel
Probably the worst offenders are the soda and candy. You will need to eliminate all soda's from your diet. If you really have to drink soda, try drinking it all quickly, and rinse your mouth with water afterwards. Sipping and taking regular small slugs is the worst.
Next on the list of worst offenders are all those sticky, strarchy processed foods - cookies, muffins, refined sugars, high fructose corn syrup - basically almost anything that comes in a packet that you love to snack on. The starch is difficult to break down, and causes more acid to be produced in the mouth. They also stick on the teeth. Eliminate all the bad Hydrogenated Oils and margarines, alcohol, tobacco, pasteurized milk, soft drinks and artificial sweeteners of every kind.
Bizarelly, bread and cereals are also bad for your teeth. Although we are always told that wholemeal bread is fine it's not for teeth. It's actually the phytic acid that is present in grains, nuts and seeds that blocks the absorption of minerals that causes the problem, not the bread itself. One way around is this is to soak your cereals or buy them sprouted. Look in the aisles of your health food store and you will find plenty of sprouted grain products.
Celiac disease is a disorder characterized by an auto-immune response to gluten, also commonly results in demineralization of the enamel. The digestive system is impaired and does not properly release vital minerals into the body for use by the teeth in building enamel. Although celiac is an extreme example, it can rapidly be seen how a poor diet can prevent absorption of the vital foods needed for remineralisation. Teenagers that eat all processed foods, junk food, lots of cereals and bread won't be getting anything near the dietary intake they need. Bulimics suffer in two ways. First the acid from the vomit corrodes the inside of the teeth, so much so, that the teeth can hurt. Second, the poor diet makes mineral loss acute. The combination can be very serious for dental health.
How to re-mineralize teeth enamel?
Now we now what causes enamel loss, let's look at how you can add re-mineralize and strengthen your enamel. Remember that this is a two stage process. If you don't cure the leeching of the enamel by the acids and take steps to allow for the re-mineralisation you won't be able to reverse the enamel loss.
There are several steps you will need to take the reverse the enamel loss. First you need to ensure the teeth are clean on the surface. The saliva coats the teeth and adds minerals from the trace minerals in your saliva. Avoid anything that leads to a dry mouth - smoking, alcohol etc. or reduces the amount of saliva, won't help. You want to encourage your salivary glands, and keep your teeth very clean.
Throw away your fluoride based toothpaste.
Make your own paste by mixing salt and baking soda 50/50 in a container. Then just put a teaspoon in a mixture in a small glass or cup and add a small amount of hydrogen peroxide. Just brush on. You can buy commercial toothpastes from Eco-dent - which is a toothpowder which is sold at health foods stores and Whole Foods in the US, but not in their London stores. If you have never used a toothpowder before, put a small pea sized amount on your palm and pick it up using a wet toothbrush. After that, its just like using a paste. Also good is a paste high in calcium and anti-bacterial agents to promote remineralization and reduce dental bacteria from http://www.coralcalcium.com. You can also buy tooth soap - just google it, and you will find many suppliers on-line. Or just use a natural olive oil based soap made naturally with no fragrances from a whole food supplier or soap-maker. Don't use a bar soap like Dove or other mass produced soap using petro-chemicals. Not only does it taste awful, you don't want to be rinsing you mouth with petro-chemcial byproducts. The toothsoap sounds awful, but you can used to it very quickly.

Now that have clean teeth, the important thing is now to get the saliva to release the minerals back into the enamel. First you have to add the minerals back into your diet.
Foods to add to your diet that will encourage re-mineralization?
The first step is make sure that your have adequate supplies of Vitamin D. The crucial effect of vitamin D on bone is to provide the proper balance of calcium and phosphorus to support mineralization, which is exactly what we are trying to achieve. Bioactive vitamin D or calcitriol is a steroid hormone that has long been known for its important role in regulating body levels of calcium and phosphorus, and in mineralization of bone.
The fact is most people are very deficient in Vitamin D. Especially in the winter, where it is almost impossible to get adequate amounts of Vitamin D from sunshine, vitamin D levels are woefully deficient. Research carried out by a team of scientists from Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University and Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine analyzed vitamin D levels in 13,331 individuals. An unhealthy deficiency of vitamin D is considered to be a blood level of 17.8 nanograms per millileter or lower, while the optimal blood level is suggested to be 30 nanograms per milliliter or higher. In the summer, most people slap on the suncreen and don't get the necessary sun. Kids now spend so much time in the car or inside, that they rarely get the sun exposure they need. Approximately 41 percent of U.S. men and 53 percent of U.S. women have levels lower than 28 nanograms per milliliter.
Good dietary sources of Vitamin D are fish oil , krill oil and egg yolks, and you can always use a supplement. It is recommended that you have a lab test your Vitamin D levels and optimize accordingly. You can never get too much Vitamin D from the sun - but you can from too many supplements. Particularly good and effective is the krill oil.
Home Made Stocks encourage enamel growth
Make your own stocks from chicken, marrow, fish bones etc. the traditional way and freeze the contents so that you can have a daily broth full of calcium and gelatin that can be easily absorbed by the body for bone growth. Marrow bone, and fish stock using the heads of the fish are particularly good. The commerical stocks just won't cut it and are full of salt and other chemicals to prolong the life of the product. You can make this process easier by making a lot of stock in one go and freezing it for use in soups and sauces throughout the week.
Traditional Sea Salt
Sea Salt contains many trace minerals that are vital to bone growth. Many people have tried to cut down on their salt intake from processed foods by simply not using salt at home. This is well meaning but a big mistake. You need a little sea salt, and no processed foods. Use a traditional sea salt - many of the best are French, but avoid the processed table salts.
Traditional Fermented Foods
Eat fermented foods such as sauerkraut, kombucha, natto, pickled vegetables, and other foods that contain high levels of natural probiotics.
Kefir or Raw Milk for bone growth
Drink raw unpasteurized milk - not the pasteurized variety - or Kefir.
Vitamin K2 essential for bone growth and mineral absorbtion 
Eat at foods high in Vitamin K2 such as marrow, natto, high vitamin butter, egg yolks, hard cheese, chicken liver pate and salami cured naturally.
Finally, make sure you Vitamin C levels are high to promote strong gum health. For more on the best diet for optimal dental health click here.
The steps to strengthen your enamel are not that easy. This is why the dentists are empirically correct when they say it's impossible to reverse tooth decay and strenghten enamel.
Very few people do this. Many people who just can't give up their refined food sugar addictions are going to find it hard. Even if you cannot follow all of the diet, eliminating the worst offenders and adding the good oils will make a big difference. Your teeth will be less sensitive in a relatively short amount of time. Vegetarians will find the diet particularly challenging, especially if they are unwilling to take krill oil or fish oil supplement. Natto is an excellent source of K2, but is an acquired taste. Read - it's absoutely foul. Many people will be unwilling or unable for legal reasons to purchase raw milk.
Key to the diet is ensuring adequate Vitamin D levels and taking the krill or fish oil. Just taking this step alone will result in better dental health. You don't have to do ALL of the things mentioned.
Oil Pulling 
One of the best ways to stimulate your salivary glands and get rid of the toxic dental bacteria is to try oil pulling. Just swill a teaspoon of olive or sesame oil around your mouth for 15 minutes or more, and then carefully spit out all the oil. You will find the oil is now white. This gets your teeth clean, encourages the flow of saliva, and releases minerals from the oil.
Remember, the mineralization - demineralization process is a constant one. By taking a few steps to ensure that you are mineralizing more than you are de-mineralzing, you can keep your enamel strong and healthy, and never suffer from cavities.
Once the enamel is penetrated, and then drilled by your dentist for a filling, the tooth is susceptible to further decay. To halt the inevitable slide from filling, to larger filling to crown, to root canal, to implant, you need to concentrate on preventing the enamel de-mineralization, through diet.

wonderfullife
31-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Lyme disease, which is initiated by the bite of a deer tick, is difficult to diagnose, but your dentist may be able to detect this mysterious disease, reports the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), an organization of general dentists dedicated to continuing dental education. Patients with Lyme disease report pain in their teeth, chewing muscles and jaw joint, which drives them to the dentist.

"Unfortunately, most patients are not diagnosed properly until their Lyme disease is at a later stage, when it is more difficult to treat," says AGD spokesperson Manuel Cordero, DDS. "Diagnosing this disease is very tricky because it can hide itself behind many dental problems, including toothaches and jaw pain."

A study of 120 patients with Lyme disease revealed that about 75 percent of patients reported pain in the chewing muscles, and 72 percent reported temporomandibular joint pain. Burning mouth was reported by 25 percent of these patients, and 70 percent reported a sore throat. About 47 percent of the patients visited up to 10 doctors before being properly diagnosed.

Updated: November 2008
http://www.knowyourteeth.com/infobites/abc/article/?abc=l&iid=334&aid=1348

wonderfullife
31-07-2011, 07:38 PM
The mouth is the most important factor in the breakdown of health; there is no close second. All the antibiotics, and all the holistic approaches to healing, are likely to fail if the mouth has been overlooked.

The mouth is a reservoir of bacterial infections that become entrenched within the structure of teeth and trigger the high number of chronic degenerative diseases now epidemic in America, including Lyme.

Lyme has the ability to embed itself in tooth structure, where it goes undetected and remains unreachable by antibiotics. Each tooth has some three miles of tubules that emanate from the main canal. Bacteria hide out in all that footage. Lyme is a spirochete similar to spirochetes that cause syphilis. Spirochetes by nature burrow into tissue, such as teeth, bones, and soft tissue like the brain. These areas are the toughest to get to, impenetrable by drugs and herbs.

Many dentists do not realize that antibiotics cannot reach bacteria in dead teeth. In the case of endodontic therapy, or root canal, the dead tooth lacks a blood supply to its interior. Antibiotics circulating in the bloodstream have no way penetrate this dead tissue and hence have no effect on the bacteria.

Herbs are a little more effective, because they tend to make the body healthier by raising the immune function. But they can't knock out bacteria.

Energetic Approach Proves Most Effective in Lyme
Andrew Landerman, DDS, of Sebastopol, California, has mastered the use of energetics to get at Lyme. According to Landerman, one must focus on the oral cavity when dealing with Lyme because the oral cavity, in part or whole, blocks the immune functions, especially when incompatible dental materials are used. He has found this is the genesis of much degenerative disease, and it is often overlooked by both physicians and dentists today.

"Energy can pass through hard or soft tissue with no interference, much the same way as sound travels better through more dense structure than it does through air," Landerman says. "The sound of a blue whale can be heard by other whales in the water several hundred miles away. I first started to understand the relationship between Lyme and the oral cavity when I checked all the teeth in the mouth associated to symptoms in the body. As I went through this process, it became obvious that in Lyme, there are certain teeth more prone to show degenerative conditions than other teeth. I began to see a pattern develop. The first molars, top and bottom, are particularly affected. In time, I saw that the pattern also included the two front teeth, top and bottom."

He learned to use percussion, a method of tapping the tooth to send it a tiny shock to see how it responds. All teeth and their extraction sites relate to the different organs through the Chinese medical system of meridians, and they are all connected energetically. "As you go around the mouth," he says, "you see a pattern of low or high voltage in some teeth. No amount of herbs or remedies would get these underperforming or overperforming teeth to change their readings for the better. "

Landerman studied years ago in Germany, where he saw dentists extract affected teeth, and patients improved. But it bothered him that the pulp of the extracted teeth appeared normal. He wondered if those teeth had really needed to come out.

Metal is used in fillings and often under crowns. Metal interferes with the body's energetic network and suppresses or negatively excites the immune system. It doesn't matter if it's gold or nickel - all metal is problematic. "Nickel is probably the worst because it is carcinogenic; it knocks out the immune system," Landerman states. Mercury is about the most active of metals. The higher the temperature, the more it is released, poisoning the system.

One must remove the intrusive dental materials in order to correct the energetic flow of the related organ meridian, to restore proper function of the organ. Without this, degenerative diseases such as Lyme can take root. "It makes sense; you want to go back and correct the cause of the block," says Landerman. "The oral cavity is the seat of most of the energetic blocks in the system."

Landerman understands that teeth respire. "Normally, in a healthy tooth, fluid will go from the inside of the tooth to the outside," he explains. "That is their gatekeeper mechanism, their way to keep bad bacteria out of the tooth. But if a tooth is compromised, the fluid goes the other way - outside in. That is how infections enter the oral cavity, breed virulent pathogens, and can create havoc throughout the body for decades."

He figured he could use respiration to his advantage. "It took me probably 15 to 18 years to come up with homeopathic remedies that would change these teeth back to normal readings," he says. "Then we could save the teeth. If I could cause the homeopathic solution to go into the tooth, the tooth would be partially or wholly healed. Experience has proven the truth of this."

Landerman's patients are fitted with a tray and a custom-made homeopathic remedy. They bathe the affected teeth for an hour a day for as long as prescribed. The remedy transmits the homeopathic solution to the tooth and the tooth responds. If it can, the tooth returns to normal. Homeopathy is able to move fluids into the tooth.

"We need to knock down the Lyme hiding in the miles of tubules and in the bony socket," Landerman says. "I have my patients do this procedure at least once a year. And you do not have to have a Herxheimer reaction to get better. In homeopathy, if you hit the nail on the head, you won't have a Herx."

Focal Infection - Starts in the Mouth and Migrates

Where Lyme and other chronic diseases are concerned, the big enemy is root canals. American dentistry has been slow to recognize the negative impact of this procedure. Elsewhere in medicine, when a part of the body dies, say, a foot turns gangrenous, it is cut off. But in a root canal, dead teeth are left in, filled with a sealant where the nerve was drilled out. These teeth always cause energetic blocks.

George Meinig, DDS, FACD, author of Root Canal Cover Up, questions how standard dentistry can claim that infections seated in the mouth do not affect the body. "Patients who have heart conditions, knee or hip replacements, are told by their physician or dentist that for the remainder of their lives, they must have an antibiotic prescription before and after any dental treatment, including cleaning of their teeth," he wrote. "The reason antibiotics are needed is because it has been proven bacteria that live in the mouth can easily enter the bloodstream and travel to the heart and joints where they frequently cause endocarditis and many other infections."

This is called the focal infection theory. Meinig and Landerman believe that this valuable information was buried years ago by a minority group of autocratic dentists within the American Dental Association (ADA) who just couldn't grasp the concept.

The infectious mechanism was initially documented by Dr. Weston A. Price, chairman of the Research Section of the American Dental Association from 1914 to 1923. Price would extract a tooth that had undergone a root canal and implant it under the skin of a laboratory rabbit. He documented that in almost every case the animal would develop the same disease that the patient did. Price found he could embed small pieces of the root instead of the entire tooth, or pulverize the teeth and inject the powder, and cause the same results. Eventually, he found that he could culture the bacteria from a root-filled tooth and inject the toxins from it into the laboratory animal and reproduce the disease from the toxins alone. Price also found that bacteria present in the roots of the teeth and cementum were also present in the first few millimeters of adjacent bone in the jaw. The sterilization process involved in root canals simply does not work.

History tells us that the ADA wanted to promote root canal therapy as a new service and never moved forward with Price's report. Penicillin was discovered in 1928, the study of viruses soon followed, and antibiotics took center stage. However, the Germans made a big study of focal infections.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_7396/is_312/ai_n32149711/

wonderfullife
03-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Holistic, natural medicine tends to overlook what is probably the number one source of the body's toxins - the mouth. The infectious mechanism was initially documented by Dr. Weston A. Price, chairman of the Research Section of the American Dental Association from 1914-1923. History tells us the ADA, however, wanted to promote root canals as a new service and never moved forward with Dr. Price's well documented research.

Some biological dentists have studied Dr. Price's work, including Dr. Andrew Landerman of Sebastopol, California. He finds that Lyme and many other chronic diseases are fed by the unique bacteria that develop in root canals and where teeth have been extracted. Dr. Landerman granted us an interview:

MB: Do you see a lot of people with Lyme disease?

AL: I probably have a high proportion of people who are chronically ill. And a high proportion of people who have chronic illness have Lyme.
http://www.publichealthalert.org/Articles/marybudinger/lyme%20in%20mouth.htm

wonderfullife
06-09-2011, 04:03 PM
With Consumers for Dental Choice

That American dentistry became mired in mercury is a story of profits first, people last. Amalgam is a primitive, pre-Civil War, pollution product that is half mercury. The 50 percent of North American dentists still using amalgam likely do so for the quick and easy profits – while handing us the bill for the health effects and environmental disaster.

Now is the time for those dentists still using amalgam to switch, and join their brother and sister dentists who practice mercury-free dentistry. Now is the time for you to decide that henceforth you will not allow mercury in your mouth or your child's mouth – no matter what a pro-mercury dentist might say. Now is the time for you to tell your neighbor, cousin, or best friend: Don't get a mercury filling.

And what is a mercury filling?

It is what the mainstream press calls "silver fillings."
Mercury Amalgams More Commonly Used in Minorities and the Poor...

Just like the one-size-fits-all strategy of medicating community water supplies with fluoride, the use of mercury amalgams disproportionally affects minorities and the poor, as they frequently are left without options—even when they know better and want a safer alternative.

As explained by Charlie Brown in the featured interview:

"People on these very limited dental insurance plans or on Medicaid often have no bargaining power with their dentists. They are being told by the dentists, "This is what I'm going to do." The dentist may not even tell them what they're going to do. They just put in fillings. Some dentists treat their patients and those teeth like dollar signs.

There's a disproportionate impact on working [class] American families—whether in Appalachia, where I'm from, or in inner-cities. Working [class] families: white, African-American, Latino, and Native Americans are much more likely to get a mercury filling.

... It's unscrupulous dentistry and it's terribly unfair to these families... One group that is particularly badly treated are children with disabilities... [T]here was just an all-out battle in Philadelphia, because we succeeded in getting a fact sheet law, so the parents were reading the fact sheets, saying, "I don't want amalgam." The dentists serving children with disabilities were telling the parents, "You will get the filling I decide on"... Parents were forced to leave the office or accept a mercury filling! These dentists were backed up by the Pennsylvania Dental Association. That was condemnable.

... The ADA in fact issued an apology recently for its history of racism. That appears to continue with their attitude that those who are disabled have no rights to mercury-free dentistry. That's one of the battles that we're [facing]... to protect those who are less able to fend for themselves in this economic society."

Consumers for Dental Choice Paves the Way for Mercury-Free Dentistry Worldwide

Leading the charge against mercury fillings is Consumers for Dental Choice, a nonprofit group founded by Charlie Brown that merits your support. With its worldwide Campaign for Mercury-Free Dentistry, we get closer – year-by-year, and day-by-day – to ending this abominable 150-year historical mistake. But to win, we need action in communities across the United States and around the world.

Here's what you can do right in your community or your workplace:
•If your dentist has not switched to mercury-free dentistry, this is the time for him or her to do so. Call your dentist and ask. If they use mercury and insist on sticking with it, re-consider your choice of dentists.
•If you work for a company that covers dental fillings, ask if they will cover composites, ART, or other alternatives to amalgam. Consider the stellar example of the Cleveland-based Parker Hannifin company, which fully covers composite but does not pay for amalgam! Parker-Hannifin employees and their families are getting non-toxic dental fillings.
•If you have dental insurance, ask about ending primacy for amalgam. That's what United Concordia has done with its policies.
•If you know your Mayor or a member of your City or Town Council, consider asking if they will do what is happening in some California cities: pass a resolution calling for an end to amalgam and a request that dentists in your town stop using amalgam
What You Can Do to Help Abolish Mercury Amalgams

Charlie Brown, who runs Consumers for Dental Choice, is headed to Nairobi in October to lead a worldwide delegation participating in the world mercury treaty negotiations. With him will be a team of dentists, consumers, attorneys, and scientists fighting to get amalgam into that treaty. With the world deciding whether we continue allowing mercury in children's mouths, much is at stake.

During this Mercury-Free Dentistry Awareness Week, I urge you to take action.

Here's what you can do:

Americans: Our number one problem is the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which has partnered with the American Dental Association (ADA) to cover up the mercury; to make you think you are getting silver instead of toxic mercury in your mouth. The FDA intentionally conceals the warnings about amalgam deep in its regulation -- so parents will never see them. On its website, the FDA gives dentists the green light to continue to deceive consumers with the term "silver fillings"

"Americans are ready for the end of amalgam." This was the theme of the testimony to the U.S. Department of State on August 18 by former West Virginia state Senator Charlotte Pritt. Yes, Americans are ready. But FDA is not. So let's send them a message.Nine months ago, FDA scientists advised the agency to disclose the mercury to all patients and parents, and to stop amalgam for children and pregnant women. Yet FDA sits – sits actually in the pocket of the American Dental Association – ignoring its own scientists.

Please write the Director of FDA's Center for Devices, Jeff Shuren, [email protected] Ask Dr Shuren why the FDA continues to ignore scientists and covers up the mercury from American parents and consumers. Ask when the FDA is going to get in step with the world on mercury.

Dr. Jeff Shuren, Director
Center for Devices, U.S. Food & Drug Admin.
10903 New Hampshire Ave.
WO66-5431, Room 5442
Silver Spring, MD 20993-0002
Telephone: 301-796-5900
Fax: 301-847-8149
Fax: 301-847-8109

Californians : Dr. Shuren is coming to San Francisco for a "town meeting" on September 22. We urge Northern Californians to attend. It will go from 8 am to 12 noon, at the Embassy Suites Hotel, San Francisco Airport (telephone: 650.589.3400 )

In Southern California, Consumers for Dental Choice is organizing a city-by-city attack on amalgam --- and needs volunteers. If you wish to help with the grassroots work of organizing for city council hearings, gathering petitions, and telephoning, volunteer by writing [email protected]

Australians: Your government, Aussies, is now in last place on the mercury treaty, asking the world to throw in the towel instead of working to phase out dental mercury. A great new group has started, Australians for Mercury-Free Dentistry, led by dentist Lisa Matriste and consumer activist Anna Priest. We urge you to go to its website and join: http://www.mercuryfreedentistry.com.au/

Canadians: The chief dental officer of Health Canada doubles as a lobbyist for the pro-mercury World Dental Federation. Pretty outrageous, eh? We ask that you write Minister of Environment Canada Peter Kent at [email protected], and tell him that you as a taxpayer are amazed that Environment Canada is letting someone with such a conflict of interest influence the nation's treaty policy on amalgam. Ask him why Environment Canada is silent on amalgam, and if this is due to the fact that Canada's Chief Dental Officer was at the treaty sessions boasting that he "wears two hats," paid government employee and lobbyist for a special interest group.

Brits and other Europeans: The Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe passed a resolution this spring calling for the end of amalgam. The Council of Europe is not the European Union -- it is every European nation, all 47 of them. Deputy Jean Huss drafted the meticulously-researched report upon which this resolution was based. This ground-breaking report explained that “[A]malgams are the prime source of exposure to mercury for developed countries, also affecting embryos, fetuses (through the placenta) and children (through breastfeeding)… Exposure to mercury can seriously affect the health of patients and dental professionals…[B]etween 60 and 90 tonnes of mercury from dental surgeries are released into and contaminate Europe’s atmosphere, surface waters and soil every year.” Please thank Deputy Huss for his excellent work at [email protected]

Folks worldwide: If you aren't on that list, there's plenty to do – for example, Dominique Bally, an outstanding young advocate from the Ivory Coast, runs the Amalgam-Free Africa Campaign. If you want to help somewhere, anywhere, and there's nothing on the list above for you, write Charlie Brown at [email protected]

Last but certainly not least, I encourage you to contribute to Consumers for Dental Choice. The Natural Health Research Foundation, founded by me, Dr. Mercola, will double match whatever you give this week. I believe that strongly in the mission, the commitment, and the quality of work of Consumers for Dental Choice and its Campaign for Mercury-Free Dentistry.

Dr. Mercola Recommends...

Every "Like" Helps Support This Cause

Donations can be made online at http://www.toxicteeth.org/donate.cfm. (Consumers for Dental Choice, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to advocating mercury-free dentistry. Contributions are tax-deductible in the U.S.)

Checks can be mailed to:

Consumers for Dental Choice
316 F St., N.E., Suite 210
Washington DC 20002

Also, for timely updates and information, please join Consumers for Dental Choice on Facebook.

Thank you for supporting mercury-free dentistry!
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/09/06/take-action-day.aspx?e_cid=20110906_DNL_art_1

indolering
06-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Holistic, natural medicine tends to overlook what is probably the number one source of the body's toxins - the mouth. The infectious mechanism was initially documented by Dr. Weston A. Price, chairman of the Research Section of the American Dental Association from 1914-1923. History tells us the ADA, however, wanted to promote root canals as a new service and never moved forward with Dr. Price's well documented research.

Some biological dentists have studied Dr. Price's work, including Dr. Andrew Landerman of Sebastopol, California. He finds that Lyme and many other chronic diseases are fed by the unique bacteria that develop in root canals and where teeth have been extracted. Dr. Landerman granted us an interview:

MB: Do you see a lot of people with Lyme disease?

AL: I probably have a high proportion of people who are chronically ill. And a high proportion of people who have chronic illness have Lyme.
http://www.publichealthalert.org/Articles/marybudinger/lyme%20in%20mouth.htm

Good article, WL, I had no idea about this widespread scourge. I probably suffer from it myself. Thanks for the info.

wonderfullife
24-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Good article, WL, I had no idea about this widespread scourge. I probably suffer from it myself. Thanks for the info.
It is a scourge and yes many many do suffer without realising it.

wonderfullife
24-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Most people regard a cavity, or even a root canal, as a minor inconvenience. But if your tooth has begun to decay to the point that a cavity is evident, this is a major sign that disease-causing bacteria has begun to overpower your immune system and your body.

In fact, your teeth are constantly under attack from the foods you eat, the beverages you drink and bacteria, so much so that your body constantly works at repairing small amounts of damage to the enamel of your teeth. If you're healthy, this should be enough to prevent cavities from forming, but if the bacteria overwhelm your system, dental decay can result.

Specifically, cavities form on your teeth when the acid-producing bacteria in plaque dissolve the mineral in your teeth. While microscopic at first, the cavities can increase in size and number until the decay must be drilled out and repaired with a filling or crown, a root canal performed, or the tooth removed. But now researchers have developed a paste that may actually stop and even reverse this dental decay process, helping your body to rebuild your teeth from the inside out.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/09/24/good-news-dentistry-for-reversing-dental-decay.aspx

gingerjesus
12-10-2011, 09:29 AM

I bourght some on ebay

I bought some recently and was unpleasantly surprised by the ingredient list. They don't offer a full list of ingredients on their website and many of the Ebay sellers also mis-lable this product.

This item is described as "a natural product not tested on animals".
The ingredients include -
1. Sodium saccharin, an artificial sweetener that has been extensively tested on animals, is a known carcinogen and has been banned in several countries.

2. Methyl Hydroxy Benzoate Sodium, is an artificial preservative "E number" and paraben.
It is amongst a series of preservatives suspected of having cancer causing properties.

3. Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, is a corrosive detergent and has a history as an industrial degreaser and cleaner.
Again extensively tested on animals.

wonderfullife
27-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Studies have linked geographical variations in dental health and tooth loss to sun exposure.

Dental caries has been shown to be inversely related to mean hours of sunlight per year, with people living in the sunny west having half as many cavities as those in the much less sunny northeast. As reported by the Vitamin D Council:

"There were also several studies reported on vitamin D and dental caries in the 1920s and 1930s. May Mellanby and coworkers in Sheffield, England, did studies on the role of vitamin D on teeth in the 1920s.

The first experiments were with dogs, where it was found that vitamin D stimulated the calcification of teeth. Subsequently, they studied the effect of vitamin D on dental caries in children, finding a beneficial effect.

Additional studies were conducted on children in New York regarding dental caries with respect to season, artificial ultraviolet-B (UVB) irradiance, and oral intake of vitamin D with the finding that it took 800 IU/day to prevent caries effectively."

Two proposed mechanisms causing this beneficial effect include:
•Vitamin D beneficially affects calcium metabolism, and
•Vitamin D, which is produced in your body in response to sunlight exposure, induces cathelicidin, an antimicrobial peptide, which attacks oral bacteria linked to dental caries

According to the Vitamin D Council:

"Use of vitamin D appears to be a better option for reducing dental caries than fluoridation of community water supplies, as there are many additional health benefits of vitamin D and a number of adverse effects of water fluoridation such as fluorosis (mottling) of teeth and bones. ... Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations around 30-40 ng/ml (75-100 nmol/L) should significantly reduce the formation of dental caries. (The average white American has a level near 25 ng/ml, while the average black American has a level near 16 ng/ml.)"
Oral Health, Heart Disease, and Vitamin D

As you probably know, many public water supplies around the US are fluoridated, allegedly to help prevent dental caries. However, there's overwhelming evidence showing that ingesting fluoride is NOT the way to protect your teeth. On the contrary, fluoride is a potent toxin, and over 40 percent of American children and teens are showing signs of fluoride overexposure in the form of dental fluorosis—unsightly yellow or brown spots or mottling on their teeth.

Fluoride consumption has also been linked to a long list of other health problems.

The idea that vitamin D may help protect against cavities is very interesting, and actually makes loads of sense since we already know it is necessary for bone health. Vitamin D also upregulates a specific gene that produces over 200 anti-microbial peptides, some of which work like broad-spectrum antibiotics, including cathelicidin that attacks oral bacteria.

It's also interesting to note the connections between oral health, heart health, and vitamin D status.

For example, gum disease increases your risk of several other serious diseases, including, pneumonia, lung disease, diabetes and stroke—and vitamin D deficiency has also been linked to an increased risk of all of these conditions! This is a beautiful illustration of the interdependency between seemingly disparate systems within your body.

Sun Exposure May Be Essential for Heart Health

The link between gum disease and heart disease may not be obvious, but chronic inflammation is a hallmark of both conditions and inflammation in your body plays a major role in the build-up of plaque in your arteries, which can lead to a heart attack. And vitamin D helps combat inflammation, as just mentioned.

Furthermore, according to research by Dr. Stephanie Seneff, the vitamin D produced in your skin in response to sun exposure will impact your sulfur status, which may also play a crucial role in heart disease, so there are many interrelated factors affecting each other, thereby raising or lowering your risk of a number of health problems.

So what does sun exposure have to do with heart health?

Your heart requires cholesterol sulfate for optimal function. When you are deficient in cholesterol sulfate (due to a lack of cholesterol in your body), your body tries to protect your heart by creating arterial plaque, because the platelets produce cholesterol sulfate in the plaque. Dr. Seneff believes that the mechanism we call "cardiovascular disease," of which arterial plaque is a hallmark, is actually your body's way to compensate for not having enough cholesterol sulfate.

Now, when you expose your skin to sunshine, your skin synthesizes vitamin D3 sulfate, which is a water soluble form of sulfur that can travel freely in your blood stream, making it readily available.

Oral vitamin D3, on the other hand, is unsulfated, and this form needs LDL (the so-called "bad" cholesterol) as a vehicle of transport. Her suspicion is that the simple oral non-sulfated form of vitamin D may not provide as much of the same heart-healthy benefits as the vitamin D created in your skin from sun exposure, because it cannot be converted to vitamin D sulfate, and therefore will not improve your sulfur status. This is yet another reason to really make a concerted effort to get ALL your vitamin D requirements from exposure to sunshine!

Your Vitamin D Level is Directly Related to Your Risk of Heart Disease

But that's not all. Dr. Carlos Camargo of Harvard University recently wrote an editorial about the growing number of studies that link low vitamin D levels to heart attack, heart failure, stroke, hypertension and diabetes. One recent study found that every 10 ng/ml lower blood vitamin D concentration resulted in a nine percent greater risk of death, and a 25 percent greater risk of heart attack.

As noted in Dr. Camargo's editorial, credit is due to the first man to discover the connection, an epidemiologist in New Zealand by the name of Professor Robert Scragg, who first noticed the association in 1981. His population-based case-control study found a strong inverse association between 25-hydroxyvitamin D level in the blood and risk for heart attack.

As reported by the Vitamin D Council, there are currently two large, population-based, randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled trials on the health effects of vitamin D supplements underway. One is at Harvard, which is looking at cancer and heart disease. The other is being done in New Zealand, and is focused on heart disease, infection and fractures. Unfortunately, the results from these studies are not expected to be available until 2017. Six years is a long time to sit around and wait for the results from these studies. I strongly encourage you NOT to wait and see. The evidence that optimal vitamin D levels are necessary for general health and disease prevention is overwhelming.

Vitamin D and Cancer

Two grassroots organizations are now focusing on vitamin D as a preventive measure for cancer. There are already over 800 studies supporting the theory that vitamin D may prevent a large percentage of several types of cancer, and I'm very pleased to see that this information is starting to gain foothold.

Vitamin D has a protective effect against cancer in several ways, including:

• Increasing the self-destruction of mutated cells (which, if allowed to replicate, could lead to cancer)
• Reducing the spread and reproduction of cancer cells
• Causing cells to become differentiated (cancer cells often lack differentiation)
• Reducing the growth of new blood vessels from pre-existing ones, which is a step in the transition of dormant tumors turning cancerous

The Vitamin D Council, a nonprofit educational corporation based in California, recently launched their "Vitamin D and Cancer" campaign, presenting 20 detailed summaries of the evidence. The summaries were prepared by epidemiologist Dr. William Grant, founder of the nonprofit organization, Sunlight, Nutrition and Health Research Center (SUNARC). He also serves as the Science Director for the Vitamin D Council. I highly recommend reviewing these summaries, which can be found here. (Just select the type of cancer you want to review from the listing on the left.)

According to the Vitamin D Council:

"Some researchers believe the link between vitamin D sufficiency and a decreased risk in cancer is promising. A randomized controlled trial found a 77 percent reduction in all-cancer incidence when the study group supplemented with 1,100 IU/day of vitamin D plus 1,450 mg/day calcium. Says Dr. Grant, "Based on various studies of UVB, vitamin D and cancer to date, it appears that global cancer burden can be reduced by 15-25 percent if everyone had vitamin D blood levels above 40 ng/ml."

Some of the facts presented in these summaries include:
1.Geographical studies have found reduced risk in mortality rates for 20 types of cancer in regions of higher solar UVB doses.
2.Observational studies have found that the risk of breast, colon, and rectal cancer fall as vitamin D blood levels rise at least up to 40 ng/mL (100 nmol/L).
3.Those with higher vitamin D blood levels at time of cancer diagnosis have nearly twice the survival rate of those with the lowest levels.
4.Higher UVB exposure early in life is associated with reduced risk of breast and prostate cancer.

World's First Breast Cancer Prevention Study Underway!

In addition to the Vitamin D Council's educational campaign, Grassroots Health is now in the process of initiating the world's first breast cancer prevention project and study, to investigate and evaluate vitamin D as a preventive strategy for breast cancer.

"We are looking now for some really serious funding to support that as a major research project," says Carole Baggerly, director and founder of Grassroots Health.

If you would like to sign up as a participant in this groundbreaking study, or make a donation to support this project, you can do so here. This project is only for women who are:
1.60 years of age and older
2.have no current cancer
3.are not currently being treated for cancer

Help Promote Public Health By Participating in the D*Action Study

You can also become a participant in the still ongoing Grassroots Health D*Action study, which is evaluating vitamin D's impact on your overall health status. When you join D*action, you agree to test your vitamin D levels twice a year during a five year program, and share your health status to demonstrate the public health impact of this nutrient. There is a $60 fee each 6 months ($120/year) for your sponsorship of the project, which includes a complete new test kit to be used at home, and electronic reports on your ongoing progress.

You will get a follow up email every six months reminding you "it's time for your next test and health survey." To join now, please follow this link to the sign up form.

Make Sure You're NEVER Deficient in Vitamin D if You are Critically Ill

Dr. Paul Lee of the University of Queensland in Australia believes that people all over the world are needlessly dying because they have vitamin D deficiency. He believes severe immune dysfunction, bone hyper-resorption, blood poisoning, and hyper-inflammation in critically ill patients could all be resolved with sufficient vitamin D. He notes that the stress of surgery uses up tremendous amounts of vitamin D, and cites studies showing that death in the ICU and the CCU is two to three times higher for the vitamin D deficient.

According to Dr. Lee:

"Vitamin D deficiency is highly prevalent and has been associated with a diverse range of chronic medical conditions in the general population. In contrast, the prevalence, pathogenesis and significance of vitamin D deficiency have received little attention in acute medicine. Vitamin D deficiency is seldom considered and rarely corrected adequately, if at all, in critically ill patients.

Recent recognition of the extra-skeletal, pleiotropic actions of vitamin D in immunity, epithelial function and metabolic regulation may underlie the previously under-recognized contribution of vitamin D deficiency to typical co-morbidities in critically ill patients, including sepsis, systemic inflammatory response syndrome and metabolic dysfunction. Improved understanding of vitamin D metabolism and regulation in critical illness may allow therapeutic exploitation of vitamin D to improve outcome in critically ill patients."

This echoes previous findings that your vitamin D status is critical for overall health, prevention of disease, and for successful recuperation—whether you're recuperating from a case of the flu, from surgery, or even cancer treatment.

The Best Source of Vitamin D

Exposing your skin to sunlight is the best way to get vitamin D as this will also produce vitamin D3 sulfate, which I discussed earlier. As a general guideline, getting about 15 to 20 minutes of sun exposure a day, with at least 40 percent of your skin exposed, will boost the vitamin levels above 40 ng/ml in many. However, this is highly variable and dependent on a number of factors, including your skin color, location and altitude, for example. If you're able to get out in the sun for an adequate time period each day, your vitamin D levels should be naturally optimized.

If you can't get enough sun exposure during certain parts of the year, I advise using a safe tanning bed to allow your body to produce vitamin D naturally. Safe tanning beds have electronic ballasts and produce less UVA than sunshine.

A third option is taking a high-quality vitamin D supplement. The most important thing to keep in mind if you opt for oral supplementation is to use natural vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) only. Do not use the synthetic and highly inferior vitamin D2. Unless you get a deep dark tan, it is wise to get your blood levels checked as that is the only way to know for certain you have reached therapeutic levels. To determine the appropriate dose, you need to get your vitamin D levels tested. Ideally, you'll want to be between 50-70 ng/ml. Based on recent research published by Grassroots Health from the D*Action study, the average adult needs to take 8,000 IU's of vitamin D per day in order to elevate their levels above 40 ng/ml, which they believe is the bare minimum for disease prevention.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...1024_DNL_art_1

wonderfullife
28-10-2011, 01:04 AM
I bought some recently and was unpleasantly surprised by the ingredient list. They don't offer a full list of ingredients on their website and many of the Ebay sellers also mis-lable this product.

This item is described as "a natural product not tested on animals".
The ingredients include -
1. Sodium saccharin, an artificial sweetener that has been extensively tested on animals, is a known carcinogen and has been banned in several countries.

2. Methyl Hydroxy Benzoate Sodium, is an artificial preservative "E number" and paraben.
It is amongst a series of preservatives suspected of having cancer causing properties.

3. Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, is a corrosive detergent and has a history as an industrial degreaser and cleaner.
Again extensively tested on animals.

I don't speak indian/Goa but this is the ingredients list:

Babhul 0.08g (Acacia species BABHUL ( BARK ) Because of astringent property due to the tannins it helps to stop bleeding from the gums, it helps to heal the wound and gives strength to gums for fixing of teeth. Because of Anthelmintic property ( as per renowned Ayurvedic text 'Bhav-Prakash') it can prevent bacterial growth in gums and thus prevents tooth decay. Because of hardening property, it is useful in spongy gums.)

Jambhul 0.05g (is an evergreen tropical tree in the flowering plant family) JAMBHUL ( BARK )Paste made of bark is applied over inflammed part to reduce inflammation. Because of healing property it is useful in stomatitis and apthous ulcers in the mouth. Astringent property helps to strengthen the gums, thus fixes the mobile teeth. Astringent and Hoemostatic property reduces oversecretion from buccal mocosa and Bleeding from gums.

Myrtaceae (The Myrtaceae or Myrtle family are a family of dicotyledon plants, placed within the order Myrtales. Myrtle, clove, guava, feijoa, allspice, and eucalyptus belong here.)

Lavang0.005g ( Cloves Limu Lime Mausammi Sweet lime Menthulu Fenugreek Seeds)LAVANG ( FRUIT )s it is aromatic it removes the bad smell of breath. Because of antiseptic property, prevents the tooth decay. Because of local anaesthetic property after application it immediately stops the toothache. Strengthens the gums. As it increases the circulation, improves the health of gums.

Manjishtha 0.06g (Rubia is a genus of the madder family Rubiaceae)MANJISHTHA ( PLANT ) It is having healing action, thus helpful in erosions of gums and bleeding gums. Because of blood purifying property, it improves the quality, of blood and thus helps the gums to keep good health.

Dalchini 0.002g (Cinnamon (play /ˈsɪnəmən/ sin-ə-mən) is a spice obtained from the inner bark of several trees from the genus Cinnamomum)Astringent and haemostatic properties prevent and minimise bleeding of gums. Antiseptic property prevents teeth from decay and suppuration. Aromatic nature relieves bad breath. These all properties combinely improves the health of gums and teeth.

Bor0.02g (Fruit, The other minor and seasonal fruits consumed are Karwand, jambhul, and bor.Bananas, dalimb, papaya and bor are grown locally)BOR ( BARK )
Because of astringent property and tannins it becomes helpful in bleeding gums. It hardens the gums and reduces over secretion from the gums.

Vajradanti 0.04g (Local Tree) Bark Juice of the leaves mixed with honey is being applied to the bleeding gums. Leaves of yellow variety bruised or their juice with or without pellitory root is being kept in the hollow of the aching tooth. Reduces inflammation of gums in various gum disorders.

Acrod 0.03gACROD ( BARK ) Because of cleansing and astringent effect it reduces the over secretions and cleanses the gums, which again helps to reduce tartar. The combined effects of these three properties (including antiseptic) reduces the symptoms of pyorrhoea and gives strength to gums and mobile teeth.

Khair 0.02g KHAIR ( BARK )Acacia Tree Because of these strong properties it is very effective in bleeding gums and spongy gums. It is so effective in toothache that it is employed to stuff the hollow of the aching tooth.

Patang 0.02g Plant Sappan Wood Above properties help to stop bleeding in gums. Give firmness and strength to gums. Thus useful in mobile teeth. Useful in apthous ulcers, stomatitis and gum erosions because of its strong healing action.

Akkai Kadha 0.01gAKKAL - KADHA ( PLANT ) Because of analgesic property it relieves toothache within short time. Antiseptic property prevents and cures tooth decay, pyorrhoea, Gingivitis, etc.

Bakui 0.22g (BAKUL ( BARK ) Because of astringent property decoction of bark is used as a gargle in salivation, in diseases of gums & teeth and for strengthening them. As it hardens the gums, it is useful in fixing the mobile teeth. Astringent property reduces the over secretion, thus useful in pyorrhoea and bleeding gums. Bark powder is more effective in spongy gums.)

Jeshthamadh 0.016gJESHTHAMADH ( ROOT )Because of anti-inflammatory and analgesic property, it reduces pain of tooth. Rejuvenating property gives good health to gums and strengthen them to keep teeth firmly. Antiseptic action prevents and minimise tooth decay and other gum infection.

Kabab-Chini 0.06g

Anant Mui 0.01gANANTMUL ( ROOT )Cooling fragrant Because of fragrant property relieves bad smell of mouth. It gives soothing and cooling feeling after applying on gums and teeth.

HARADA ( BARK ) Astringent property strengthens the gums and firms the teeth. Stops bleeding from gums and reduces inflammation in gingivitis. Brings freshness to the mouth by minimising oversecretions.

Ajwan 0.005gAJWAN ( FLOWER ) Because of antiseptic property it prevents and minimise suppuration thus useful in pyorrhoea. Removes the bad breath by the typical odour of oil.

AMALA ( FRUIT ) Indian GooseberryPOWERFUL HEALING, TONIC, REFRIGERANT ASTRINGENT
As it is enriched with vitamin C, it gives firmness to the gums and teeth. Gums become sturdy and strong. Because of refrigerant nature gives coolness to the mouth. Vitamin C again helps in wound healing thus acts on apthous ulcers, stomatitis, gum erosion to cure earlier. All above mentioned properties together keep the dental hygeine good and prevents the teeth and gums from decaying and other various disorders. It gives tone to the gums.

Maifal 0.01g
Trifala (Amia, Harda, Behada) 0.04g,BEHADA ( FRUIT ) ASTRINGENT, HEALING, ANALGESIC, ANTI-INFLAMMATORYAstringent and healing property gives strength to gums. Useful in erosion of the gums as well as in bleeding of gums. Takes an important role to cure spongy gums by specific astringent property.
KAVAB - CHINI ( FRUIT ) Action
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY, DEODORANT
Reduces pain and inflammation of gums. It is having specific action on the inflammation of gums. Deodorant property helps to relieve bad smell of mouth.

MAIFAL ( FRUIT )Astringent property reduces over secretion of buccal mucous, prevents foul / bad smell of mouth and the gums. Haemostatic property becomes beneficial in bleeding gums. Combined effect becomes useful in spongy gums and gingivitis.

Ayurveda derives medicine from Nature. Plant Kingdom and minerals mostly contribute to its treasure of Medicines. After a thorough study, experimentation and documentation of hundreds of plants over a period of more than a thousand years, India's ancient sages have come to accurate conclusions about the efficacy of different plants, herbs and minerals. Specific medicines have been extracted from various plant-parts like root, bark, flower, fruit, leaf, stem, etc.

On the whole, most of the Ayurvedic preparations are free from side-effects or reactions, unless, of course, indiscriminately used.

I do not know which one you are using or where you got it from ?????

wonderfullife
28-10-2011, 01:10 AM
Herbal tooth and gum powders, mouthwashs and similar products
Natural products formulated for oral hygiene and the alleviation of dental issues
Vicco Vajradanti Ayurvedic Pure Herbal Tooth Powder (and other herbal gum powders from India)

Good-tasting, economical, long-lasting, cleanses mouth and breath. Vicco and other herbal tooth/gum powders can be found on the internet, at Indian grocery stores etc.
Dr. Christopher's herbal tooth and gum powder

This synergistic blend of herbs contains white oak bark, oat straw, prickly ash, bayberry bark, horsetail, slippery elm bark, comfrey root, lobelia, cloves, peppermint and stevia.

Formula used to help strengthen the gums and tighten loose teeth, as tooth powder for brushing teeth and/or gum pack. Said to fight bad breath, periodontal and other dental disease.
Uncle Harry’s tooth powder

Based on traditional recipes used by native cultures, these are hand-crafted products made with natural ingredients.
Dentalmiracle® tooth powder

Made with bactericidal Juniperus Communis fruit, inflammation-soothing and tissue-forming calendula flower, healing, soothing and deodorizing Aloe Vera and other herbs. Vegan. Said to work against bad breath incl. smoker’s breath, plaque build-up and dental sensitivity. Can be used as a gargle.
Eco-Dent (formerly Merfluan) tooth powder

contains standbys such as sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), sea salt, peppermint oil, myrrh resin extract, as well as tartaric acid, calcium and magnesium carbonate, menthol, and more. Also available in non-mint flavours, effervescent.
Tooth powders: general

There are many different tooth powders available. Healing Teeth Naturally doesn't endorse any particular one but recommends to look for organic and/or wild-crafted ingredients. You can also make your own, see Toothpaste alternatives. Also compare this impressive testimonial: herbal tooth and gum powders heal serious chronic periodontitis (gum disease with loss of teeth) (after twice daily brushing using conventional toothpaste failed).
Chlorella growth factor (CGF)

Chlorella growth factor is extracted from the algal organism chlorella. In a scientific study conducted on children during a period of six years, CFG has been shown to prevent caries (tooth decay) and dental/jaw misalignment (overbite etc.) More

Also compare Plant-derived colloidal minerals.
Fangocur curative toothpaste

Developed for swollen and/or bleeding gums (gingivitis), dental plaque, periodontitis/pyorrhoea and bad breath (halitosis), this toothpaste contains bentonite1 (healing clay) and organically grown or wild-crafted essential oils such as Melissa officinalis, Simmondsia chinensis, Krameria triandra, Citrus sinensis, Melaleuca alternifolia, Mentha arvensis, Thymus vulgaris, Salvia officinalis, Curcuma xanthorrhiza, Mimusops elengi.

Fangocur mouthwash has a similar composition and additionally is said to treat mouth ulcers and injuries to the oral mucosa.
Chewing sticks with medicinal properties

See Natural toothbrush alternatives.
Oralive Dental Regenerative Elixir

An organic nutritional supplement developed by www.ascendedhealth.com which judging by testimonials received, helps teeth and gums to heal themselves (product is swallowed after initially absorbing the nutrients contained through one's gum mucosa). Likely benefits include inhibition of bacteria that cause tooth decay, gum pain, plaque and gingivitis, alleviation of gum pain and bleeding as well as teeth whitening. Apparently has helped some users who were scheduled for root canal treatment to avoid this noxious procedure.

NOTE: My order from this company never arrived here in Germany. Since I had ordered many products from various US companies (up to a value of c. 600 US$) before, ALL of which had arrived safe and sound, I had asked for "normal" shipment (10 US$) rather than their recommended 40 USD shipment. This is the first item I have ordered from the US which for reasons unknown, never arrived. I will not order again.
Dr. Schulze's "Tooth & Gum Restore Formula"

Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, this formula contains white oak bark, bayberry root bark, echinacea angustifolia root, tea tree oil, peppermint oil and habanero pepper.

Its therapeutic action is described as increasing circulation to teeth and gums, and with regular use, rebuilding tooth bone loss, tightening teeth and gums, and stopping the bleeding of gums caused by plaque buildup and gingivitis. Also "will destroy oral infections on contact". For best results, it is advised to apply with a water pic at the strongest setting you are able to tolerate.
Herbal mouthwash for periodontal disease
developed by Victor Zeines, DDS

Described as the fruit of 20 years of work, holistic dentist Victor Zeines' herbal rinse is formulated with echinacea, goldenseal, bloodroot, calendula, aloe and grapefruit seed. Reportedly a preliminary study was able to show that twice-daily use of the mouthwash led to a 50 percent reduction in dental plaque, with gum pockets decreased by 1 to 2 mm and less bleeding.
Vademecum mouthwash

A relatively natural blend of water, alcohol (31% by volume), sorbitol, coconut oil, menthol, peppermint oil, clove oil, sodium benzoate, chamomile oil and sage (the blue colour is likely due to a colouring agent added).
OraMD

contains peppermint, spearmint, and almond oils. Guaranteed "to kill all 22 known types of harmful, anaerobic bacteria that occur naturally in the mouth". Healing Teeth Naturally received a comment, quote "I use this product for a 6 month and didn't see any amelioration of my condition". I am sure the same is true for a number of other products, although this one may be particularly "overhyped".
http://www.healingteethnaturally.com/herbal-and-similar-products-alleviation-cure-dental-problems.html

shaftingshafting
29-11-2011, 11:40 PM
i found a good toothpaste which is flouride and sls free.

its called Sarakan and has the extract of the Miswak plant.

highly recommend it.

you can get it from holland barett or a good health store in UK.

im also going to try vicco tooth powder too.

boudica52
30-11-2011, 12:30 PM
I found the following link very interesting. Vitamin D, few grains, good fats and vegetables seem to be the key. The research on how teeth heal themselves is from way back but it's obviously been well hidden by those dentists.
http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009/03/reversing-tooth-decay.html

bjornyvan
30-11-2011, 01:00 PM
I'd really appreciate it if I wouldn't have to go to the dentist anymore as the dentist is quite expensive. :rolleyes:

jaca
23-01-2012, 12:24 PM
its sad to see people putting dollars in front of others health. I have had a bunch of mercury fillings put in when I was young and now I want them out. they are pretty big and I was wondering what everyone thinks about having them completely removed, if it's a good idea. I know I want them out but I wonder if my teeth will remineralize with a good diet or glaze over and stay terribly deformed from the original cavity/ drilling? I really think all that mercury is part of my neurological problems.. which have seemed to get worse over the ten years I've had the fillings. any opinions ?

nwo2012
23-01-2012, 01:24 PM
its sad to see people putting dollars in front of others health. I have had a bunch of mercury fillings put in when I was young and now I want them out. they are pretty big and I was wondering what everyone thinks about having them completely removed, if it's a good idea. I know I want them out but I wonder if my teeth will remineralize with a good diet or glaze over and stay terribly deformed from the original cavity/ drilling? I really think all that mercury is part of my neurological problems.. which have seemed to get worse over the ten years I've had the fillings. any opinions ?

Yes definitely get them out. One at a time and by a dentist that knows the correct procedure. Find it on the net, print it out and take with you or email in advance. Take no chances with this, very important. Better to use a biological or holistic dentist. They will have to replace the amalgams with a resin of some sort. Make sure it is a BPA-free material. Again holistic/biological dentists generally use safe materials.
Sadly, the teeth will not regrow due to the drilling that has taken place. In some cases and with the correct nutrition decay can be reversed but after the drilling it is next to impossible.

wiseguy
23-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the info in this thread. I've got a big hole in one of my pegs where a root canal 'fell out' and I've got not intention of going back to the dentist to get it re done.

nwo2012
23-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Btw I highly recommend to everyone, oil pulling. The benefits of this simple procedure are incredible. It only takes 20 minutes and even once a day, first thing in the morning, will have great results. Brightens teeth, prevents decay, prevents gum disease, clears the nasal/bronchial passages etc.
Best done with organic virgin coconut oil. You just swish it around your mouth for 20 minutes then spit it out and wash mouth out with water.

kernelpower
23-01-2012, 11:46 PM
If you have tooth bacteria get yourself an ozone machine off ebay no bullshit these things are the bollocks, oone your teeth every day after brushing and flossing and take calcium for your teeth and Vit C for your gums, peace !!

wonderfullife
18-03-2012, 04:51 PM
People have been consuming fish oil for quite some time now because of the health benefits that it is said to contain. But there are many different kinds of fish which can end up in the production of fish oil and we're coming to find out as time goes on that there may be certain kinds which are better for the body than others. Specifically, what might be better than fish oil is actually krill oil, derived from the shrimp-like animals of the same name.

The debate about whether krill oil is actually better than fish oil is ongoing and hasn't yet been satisfied by research.

Here are the reasons that many people are on the side of the debate which supports going with krill:

Krill contains the same omega-3 fatty acids that are found in fish but without the high concentrations of things like heavy metals which are more harmful to the body than the good that the acids can do.

Krill oil contains an antioxidant called astaxanthin which isn't found in fish oil. Adding an antioxidant to the existing benefits of fish oil is generally considered a positive difference.

Krill also has Vitamin D and Vitamin A which can't be found in fish oil.

Here are the reasons that many people are on the side of the debate which supports sticking with fish oil:

Krill oil is considerably more expensive than fish oil at the current time which means that you would be spending more money without yet knowing if the benefits are substantial.

Krill is rapidly becoming extinct so consuming it for its oil isn't good for the environment.

Fish oil contains higher levels of the important omega-3 fatty acids and therefore is more likely to have the desired effects.

Looking at the above reasons for either side of the debate, what we can see is that krill oil may or may not be healthier for humans than fish oil but that many people think that, until that research has proven the facts one way or the other, it makes more financial and ecological sense to stick with krill.

wonderfullife
18-03-2012, 04:54 PM
A few days ago I posted on a fish oil/krill oil/curcumin regimen that I’ve been using to treat joint and muscle soreness after golf. I had a number of comments wanting to know about krill oil and why I made it part of the treatment protocol. Your wish is my command.

Krill oil, logically enough, comes from krill, which are small, shrimp like crustaceans that inhabit the cold ocean areas of the world, primarily the Antarctic and North Pacific Oceans. Despite their small size–one to five centimeters in length–krill make up the largest animal biomass on the planet. According to Neptune Technologies, the Canadian company that holds the patent for krill oil extraction, there are approximately 500 million tons of krill roaming around in these northern seas, 110,000 tons of which are harvested annually.
Krill oil, like fish oil, contains both of the omega-3 fats eicosapentanoic acid (EPA) and docosahexanoic acid (DHA), but hooked together in a different form. In fish oil these omega-3 fatty acids are found in the triglyceride form whereas in krill oil they are hooked up in a double chain phospholipid structure. (The fats in our own cell walls are in the phospholipid form.) Attached to the EPA leg of the phospholipid is a molecule of astaxanthin, an extremely potent anti-oxidant. The phospholipid structure of the EPA and DHA in krill oil makes them much more absorbable and allows for a much easier entrance into the mitochondria and the cellular nucleus. In addition to EPA and DHA krill oil contains a complex phospholipid profile including phosphatidylcholine, a potent source of reductive-stress-reducing choline, which also acts as a natural emulsifier.

Krill oil contains vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin D and canthaxanthin, which is, like astaxanthin, a potent anti-oxidant. The anti-oxidant potency of krill oil is such that when compared to fish oil in tems of ORAC (Oxygen radical absorptance capacity) values it was found to be 48 times more potent than fish oil.

The astaxanthin found in krill oil provides excellent protection against ultravoilet light and UV-induced skin damage. It was for this reason that I started taking krill oil to begin with–I only discovered its other virtues later on.

A number of studies have shown that krill oil is tremendously effective in reducing LDL-cholesterol, raising HDL-cholesterol, and lowering blood sugar. It has been shown to be effective in treating the pain and inflammation from rheumatoid arthritis and aches and pains in general. One large study showed that krill oil has tremendous benefits in terms of symptom reduction in PMS and dysmenorrhea. And it has been shown to be effective in the treatment of adult ADHD. In all these studies krill oil was tested against fish oil and not simply a placebo.

Due to the rapid absorption of krill oil and the high anti-oxidant content there is virtually never the fishy burping and aftertaste sometimes experienced with fish oil. And there are no other side effects to speak of. The jury is out right now on if and to what degree there is a problem for those people allergic to shrimp. Until the jury is in, I would be careful in taking krill oil if I had a shrimp allergy.

Are there any downsides to this miracle substance? Only one. It is a little more pricey than fish oil, but, as with all things, you get what you pay for. Virtually all krill oil is produced by Neptune Technologies and shipped to the various supplement manufacturers, so any krill oil you get will have come from the same place and be the same dosage. The only unknown is how long it has been sitting around in a warehouse somewhere, which is, of course, the same unkown with fish oil. At least with krill oil, thanks to the high anti-oxidant content, the shelf life is much longer.

One last thing. I neglected to mention in my previous post that popping a couple of fish oil and krill oil caps don’t give the same immediate relief as popping a NSAID. It takes a while–a couple of weeks in my case–for the fish oil/krill oil to provide the same degree of pain relief as the NSAID. So, the take home message is: don’t take your first dose and compare it to the relief you got with a dose of NSAID. If you do, you will not believe the program works and will probably think me an idiot. It takes a while, so give it time. In the study I mentioned in the last post, the subjects took the fish oil for two weeks along with their NSAIDs, then tapered off the drugs and treated their pain with the fish oil alone.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/inflammation/why-krill-oil/

wonderfullife
18-03-2012, 05:21 PM
NaturalNews) For years we have been taught that calcium was the great solution to weakened bones. Pre and post-menopausal women are recommended to take calcium supplements to prevent bone loss and osteoporosis. New research has shown that the theory of calcium supplementation improving bone health is a myth.

Calcium is the cornerstone mineral in bones. However, calcium consumption does not build bones. Countries with the highest dietary calcium consumption (US, Canada, & Scandinavian countries) have the highest rates of osteoporosis.

A recent meta-analysis published in the British Medical Journal showed that calcium supplementation actually increased the risk of heart attacks. This study and others have looked at individuals taking calcium supplements in isolation without other key nutrients that play a role in calcium homeostasis.

New research has shown that very little dietary calcium actually makes it into bones. Experts estimate that it is around 1-2% at best. Many forms of calcium such as coral calcium, oyster shell calcium, calcium citrate and calcium carbonate are not metabolized well in the body. These forms of calcium are not well tolerated and form small rocks that get deposited in the soft tissue structures of the body.

Nanobacteria use the little calcium blocks to form hard shells of calcium phosphate as protection against the body's immune system. This is similar to a snail using a shell as a form of armor from predators. This encapsulation provides a hiding spot for pathogenic bacteria, viruses and parasites. This promotes a continual inflammatory process in the area around the calcium shell creating plaque formation.

Proper Calcium Mineralization Depends upon Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2
These nutrients stimulate the activity of the osteoblastic protein osteocalcin. Osteocalcin acts to strongly absorb and selectively place calcium from the bloodstream into the bone matrix. This acts like a vacuum, creating a very strong pull that sucks the excess calcium stones out of the bloodstream and possibly out of mineralized plaques.

Osteocalcin only becomes active when adequate levels of vitamin K2 are present. Vitamin K2 and vitamin D3 also act to inhibit osteoclasts, which act to break down bone. Most individuals are both deficient in D3 and K2. This creates an environment of poor calcium metabolism that leads to weakened bones and calcium deposition in soft tissues.

The bones also need a good mix of essential minerals and fatty acids for healthy bone function. This includes plant-derived magnesium and silica as well as animal forms of saturated fat and the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids EPA & DHA.

The best forms of silica come from cucumbers, celery, bell peppers, horsetail, nettles, oat straw & alfalfa. Magnesium comes from many different sources including nuts, seeds, legumes and green vegetables. The best source of magnesium is raw, organic cacao and high quality dark chocolate.

Another powerful form of essential minerals is found in pink salts including Himalayan Sea Salt. These salts provide ideal mineral ratios for optimal absorption and usage in the body. Sea vegetables such as kelp, dulse and other forms of seaweed and sea algae like chlorella are also fantastic sources of bone-building nutrients.

The best forms of calcium and bone building nutrients come from leafy green vegetables and fermented, raw milk products from 100-green fed cows and goats. Pasteurized forms of milk and grain-fed animals provide inflammatory fatty-acids and other metabolites that promote calcium mineralization into arterioles.

Raw cheese and fermented drinks from 100% green-fed animals provide the perfect ratio of vitamin D3, K2, calcium, magnesium, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids and saturated fat. Raw cheese is perhaps the best bone building, cardio-protective food one could consume.

Sources For This Article Include
http://www.bmj.com/content/341/bmj.c3691.full
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/03/26/the-delicate-dance-between-vitamins-d-and-k.aspx
Rheaume-Bleue, Katie. Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox: How a Little-Known Vitamin Could Save Your Life. 2012.
Proper calcium mineralization depends upon optimal levels of vitamin D and vitamin K.

About the author:
Dr. David Jockers owns and operates Exodus Health Center in Kennesaw, Ga. He is a Maximized Living doctor. His expertise is in weight loss, customized nutrition & exercise, & structural corrective chiropractic care. For more information go to www.exodushc.com To find a Maximized Living doctor near you go to www.maximizedliving.com Dr. Jockers is also available for long distance phone consultations to help you beat disease and reach your health goals

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034677_calcium_bones_vitamin_D3.html#ixzz1pURT1wvd

the white knight
18-03-2012, 05:36 PM
I bought some raw cheese just before Christmas and a bottle of skate oil in Jan this year i have nearly used all the skate oil up and i have been jucing veg drinks it has not done anything to heal my hole in my tooth just above the gumline.
I forgot to mention this is where i got my cheese tastes lovely.

http://www.lincolnshirepoachercheese.com/

wonderfullife
18-03-2012, 06:00 PM
I bought some raw cheese just before Christmas and a bottle of skate oil in Jan this year i have nearly used all the skate oil up and i have been jucing veg drinks it has not done anything to heal my hole in my tooth just above the gumline.
I forgot to mention this is where i got my cheese tastes lovely.

http://www.lincolnshirepoachercheese.com/

Thanks for the link for the cheese it must taste great

wonderfullife
18-03-2012, 07:53 PM
(NaturalNews) Wisdom teeth, also called the Third Molars, are the furthest back teeth, erupt between the ages of about 16 and 25 years old and are the last teeth to come in. In a large percentage of the population, these third molars either come in improperly or get 'stuck' behind other teeth, leading to infections and other dental problems. According to most dental sources, these 'impacted' wisdom teeth are considered 'Normal' due to the human evolution towards a smaller jaw. In the research of isolated cultures by a curious dentist, however, his findings prove that impacted wisdom teeth are a problem caused by nutrition and NOT evolution.

In the mid 1930's, an adventurous dentist set out to study some of the most isolated cultures on earth. His travels sent him from beautiful Swiss mountain villages, to vast African plains, to the tundra of northern Canada. In each village, Dr. Weston Price took measurements and pictures of the faces and teeth of people who still ate exclusively as their ancestors had for generations. Most had never, or almost never, eaten processed foods such as sugar or white flour. Shockingly he found that, in every case, people who had never eaten processed foods had healthy and functional third molars!

In order to make sure that this was not due to genetics, Dr. Price also did studies of the people from these villages who had migrated to the nearby cities and had begun eating processed foods. He consistently found that cultures in which there were no processed foods, the adults all had healthy, erupted and functional third molars; those who DID eat processed food had impacted wisdom teeth in the same percentage as the other city dwellers.

The explanation that the cause of impacted wisdom teeth is due to the evolution of the human jaw over many generations is refuted by Dr. Price's findings. This change occurred in only one single generation- and only upon the introduction of processed foods! In order to further solidify this theory, he visited the Tongan Islands which had the perfect conditions to allow for studying this phenomenon. Before World War I, the island was almost completely isolated with virtually no processed foods. After the war, however, the island was consistently visited by westerners who traded, among other products, sugar and white flour in exchange for the valuable dried coconut called 'Copra'. However, the traders- along with their processed foods- disappeared when the market for copra dried up.

Interestingly, the elders of the island, who had no access to processed foods until adulthood, had upright functional wisdom teeth. The next generation, who had eaten processed foods as children, had high rates of third molar impaction, but the young adults who were born after the traders and their processed foods had left had functional erupted wisdom teeth- even when their parents didn't. Along with pictures and measurements of jawbone and facial width, Dr. Price's theory was confirmed; the eating of processed foods, not evolution, causes incomplete development of the jaw leading to impacted third molars.

Unfortunately this 'politically incorrect' theory that poor nutrition is responsible for the modern problem of impacted wisdom teeth is vehemently denied by the dental industry. No matter what evidence, when an entire specialty of dentistry is devoted to making money by removing 'evolutionarily unnecessary' teeth and when entire swaths of the economy are dependent upon nutritionally bereft foods, teaching that impacted wisdom teeth are not a necessary part of the human condition is simply not a popular stance.

Resources
Wisdom tooth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.journeytoforever.org/farm_library/price/pricetoc.html

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B7GHR-4KH88P...

About the author
Kerri Knox, RN is a Registered Nurse and Functional Medicine Practitioner.
With over 14 years of experience in health care, she has the unique perspective of being solidly grounded in Conventional Medicine and being well versed in Alternative Medicine.
She can help you to to find and repair the UNDERLYING CAUSES of illness using cutting edge in home lab testing that finds nutritional deficiencies, hidden infections and chemical and metal toxicities that contribute to ill health.
She can be reached through her websites at:
Easy Immune System Health.com
Side Effects Site

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/029224_wisdom_teeth_nutrition.html#ixzz1pV3YXWzv

the white knight
18-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Yes oil pulling very beneficial.

The vicco ia m useing is really good after day 3 my teeth have never been so white and my gums are getting stronger by the day and growing yes growing my teeth are getting smaller brilliant and my cavities are glazeing over.

My kids are the same and since we started the diet my childrens teeth are straightening! I thought it would take years no we have started to measure our skulls and jaws omg the growth is a daily thing! My kids are very excited about this they thought they would have crooked teeth all their lives and have to get braces!

My wisdom teeth are coming through no pain!

I have been using that Vicco powder for over a month i got it off ebay is that the stuff that loolks like powdered dog muck (brown) its rubbish its the worst tooth stuff i have ever bought i'm only using it still because i don't like wasting money i will not buy the stuff again i will go back to tooth paste or tooth soap (USA)

wonderfullife
18-03-2012, 08:03 PM
(NaturalNews) The healing power of herbs is no secret. However, our knowledge about the multiplicity of ways they can be used to heal and restore the body is constantly expanding. For instance, we know that certain herbs can have a profound effect on the health of our teeth and gums. Herbal tooth powders (which can be bought or made at home) provide a potent combination of herbs that can restore your dental health.

Herbs That Heal Gums and Teeth

The list of herbs that can heal gums and teeth is a long one. But here is a short list of some of the most common herbs used in herbal tooth powders to restore the health of your teeth and gums:

Myrrh gum. This is known for its ability to heal gum infections and promote the health of your gums.

White oak bark. This extract is especially useful for calming swollen tissues in the mouth and treating gum infections.

Tea tree oil. In one study, a group that used a tea tree oil tooth gel experienced reduced gingivitis and bleeding compared with the placebo group.

Goldenseal. May help reduce gum disease symptoms and improve gum health.

Calendula. This is very effective for reducing gum pain and inflammation. Calendula also has antiseptic properties that reduce pathogenic bacteria in the mouth.

How to Use an Herbal Tooth Powder

You can make your own herbal tooth powder at home using a combination of healing herbs, or you can buy a pre-made herbal powder specially formulated to benefit gums and teeth. Both of these options are generally inexpensive and simple to use:

1. The easiest way to use herbal tooth powder is to use it in place of toothpaste. Simply moisten your toothbrush and then dab it in the herbal powder. Brush as usual and rinse thoroughly.

2. You can also enhance the benefits of herbal tooth powder by massaging it into your gums with your finger and allowing it to sit for a few minutes before brushing and rinsing.

Users often notice reduced inflammation and pain right away when they start using herbal tooth powder. With consistent use over time, benefits are even more pronounced.

To improve the health of your gums from the inside out, you may want to try boosting your vitamin C intake, as vitamin C has been shown to improve gum health and discourage periodontal disease.

For more information:

http://www.naturalnews.com/031941_vitamin_C_gum_health.html

http://www.curetoothdecay.com/Gum_Disease/gum_disease_natural.htm

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/healthconditionsdisease/a/gum_disease...

http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/SpecificDiseases/gingivitis_pe...

http://www.oramd.com/gumdisease/40-calendulaforgumdiseasetreatment.ht...

About the author
Elizabeth Walling is a freelance writer specializing in health and family nutrition. She is a strong believer in natural living as a way to improve health and prevent modern disease. She enjoys thinking outside of the box and challenging common myths about health and wellness. You can visit her blog to learn more:
www.livingthenourishedlife.com/2009/10/welcome.html

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/032311_tooth_powders_gums.html#ixzz1pV5etd3R

wonderfullife
18-03-2012, 08:04 PM
I have been using that Vicco powder for over a month i got it off ebay is that the stuff that loolks like powdered dog muck (brown) its rubbish its the worst tooth stuff i have ever bought i'm only using it still because i don't like wasting money i will not buy the stuff again i will go back to tooth paste or tooth soap (USA)

Well that is your opinion Vicco does contain a lot of healing herbs and barks.
I do not feel it is rubbish and it is very refreshing.

wonderfullife
18-03-2012, 08:07 PM
NaturalNews) A report by dentist Jay Friedman in the American Journal of Public Health reveals that 67 percent or more of preventative wisdom teeth removals are unnecessary. The article explains that most of the pain and illness surrounding wisdom teeth are not caused by the teeth themselves as one would expect, but rather the symptoms come from the surgery that removes the wisdom teeth. Of the approximately 10,000,000 wisdom teeth removed each year in the United States, less than 20 extractions have proven medical indications which reference the requirement for extraction. (Footnote 1). In general, the preventative extraction of wisdom teeth has become a public health disaster and is a clear case of medically caused injury. Driven by lies, the wisdom tooth extraction industry has turned our mouths into a financial goldmine. It makes billions of dollars per year from performing these largely unnecessary surgeries.

The Faulty Thinking Behind Wisdom Teeth Extractions
The wisdom of our teeth is that Nature put them there for a reason (to chew our food well). Without wisdom teeth, we lose important biting surfaces. Lack of good biting and biting surfaces has been connected to poor health and mental impairments.

The medical theory goes that wisdom teeth are only to be removed if there are clear symptoms indicating they are doing more harm than good. Yet this standard of care is rarely kept in practice. Rather, pain and infection are commonly used excuses to remove wisdom teeth when they erupt. However, in many cases, minor treatments to the gum tissue are sufficient to deal with these problems and the wisdom teeth do not need to be extracted. (F2). When wisdom teeth show no symptoms, they do not need to be extracted out of the fear based principal that there will be symptoms in the future.

Wisdom teeth are connected through acupuncture meridians to our small intestine and the front of our pituitary gland. (F3) They are connected to our central nervous system through the trigeminal nerve, which explains why people could experience serious side effects from wisdom tooth removal.

The Pain and Suffering
Over the past 10 years, between 57,000 and 175,000 people have had permanent tingling, prickling or numbness caused by nerve damage from the extraction of wisdom teeth. (F4). Some of these people experience frequent shooting pains in their head or face.

Because of the clear harm done by unnecessary wisdom teeth extraction, the British National Health Service has adopted the following policy, "The practice of prophylactic removal of pathology-free impacted third molars should be discontinued."

Safe Alternatives To Wisdom Teeth Removal Do Exist
Most wisdom teeth can be left how they are. The research of Dentist Weston Price showed that wisdom teeth might not fit in the jaw because of improper growth and development of the jaw bones. This is a result of poor nutrition from both the mother and father at least three months prior to conception. Crooked wisdom teeth that do not properly erupt can be brought back into their normal growth patterns by using palate expanding orthodontic appliances, and carefully placed orthodontic wires to guide the wisdom teeth into their correct position. This page gives resources to help find orthopedic orthodontists who can support this type of natural treatment.
(http://curetoothdecay.com/Dentistry/find_best_dentist.htm#orthodontis...)

The millions of people who have their wisdom teeth permanently removed are victims of lies by the dental industry. Their mouths have been turned into profit centers. While surgeons get rich, people lose their teeth. In a large percentage of cases, the removal of wisdom teeth was and continues to be unnecessary.

Footnotes:
1. Friedman, DDS, MPH, Jay. "The Prophylactic Extraction of Third Molars: A Public Health Hazard." American Journal of Public Health 97.September (2007): 1554. Print.

2. Ibid. 1555.

3.(http://www.shdc.com.au/downloads/toothbody-chart.pdf)

4. Friedman, DDS, MPH, Jay. "The Prophylactic Extraction of Third Molars: A Public Health Hazard." American Journal of Public Health 97.September (2007): 1557. Print.

About the author
Ramiel Nagel is the internationally published author of Cure Tooth Decay and Healing Our Children In "Cure Tooth Decay" Nagel, reveals how your teeth can heal naturally because they were never designed to decay in the first place! Now there is a natural way to take control of your dental health by changing the food that you eat. Receive 19 free lessons on how to stop cavities
"Healing Our Children" explains the true causes of disease conditions of pregnancy and childhood so that you can avoid and prevent them. It provides essential natural health programs so that mothers and their new babies can optimize their health during the times of preconception, pregnancy, lactation and early childhood. Receive a free chapter of Healing Our Children
Free health information is also available on the topics of:
A Program for preconception health based on indigenous wisdom.
The cause of disease and the end of suffering of humanity.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/031288_wisdom_teeth_surgery.html#ixzz1pV6yPIRK

wonderfullife
18-03-2012, 08:32 PM
The next time you get a cavity, you might get tooth regeneration instead of fillings.

Materials scientists are beginning to develop solutions of chemicals that can actually rebuild decayed teeth. Enamel and dentin, the natural materials that make teeth the strongest pieces of your body, would replace gold or ceramic fillings.

Enamel and dentin are strong, long-lasting, and can repair themselves. However, they are also very complex.

But with the help of a calcium-containing solution of ions, scientists have been able to rebuild dentin and remineralize some parts of the teeth. Still, the complicated process is years away from being used in your local dentist‘s office.
Your teeth are a powerful predictor of your overall health. When I have seen chronically ill patients with nearly cavity-free teeth, I am encouraged that they will likely get well quickly. If, on the other hand, their mouths are full of fillings and root canals, the prognosis is not nearly as good.

Ironically, though, many people who see a regular dentist to fix a cavity or other tooth problem end up creating even more problems. Most dentists try to fix a damaged tooth by using metal fillings (as has been done for over 150 years!) or root canals, and these processes are like plugging a leak in your kitchen sink with superglue; they’re not likely to hold up over time, and they completely ignore the underlying problems. Plus, they can be downright dangerous.

Tooth Decay is no Trivial Matter

Yet, most people regard a cavity, or even a root canal, as a minor inconvenience. Yet, if your tooth has begun to decay to the point that a cavity is evident, this is a major sign that disease-causing bacteria has begun to overpower your immune system, and your body.

And although conventional dentists are quite adept at filling in such cavities with neat little ceramic or, worse, mercury fillings, this is only a superficial patch.

You see, your teeth are actually not solid. They’re filled with microscopic tubules that, in healthy teeth, serve to carry nourishing fluids to the inside. A single front tooth, for instance, has over three miles of tubules inside of it.

In the case of teeth that have had root canals, the fluid disappears and in its place, bacteria colonize and can cause major illnesses in your body. Even antibiotics won’t help in these cases, because the bacteria are protected inside of your dead tooth. And when these bacteria migrate, via your bloodstream, to other areas of your body, they can cause:

Heart and circulatory diseases
Arthritis and rheumatism
Brain and nervous system diseases

“Dental caries reflect systemic illness,” says Dr. George Meinig, D.D.S. “Once a tooth gets infected and the cavity gets into the nerve and blood vessels, bacteria find their way into those tiny tubules of the dentin. Then no matter what we do by way of treatment, we're never going to completely eradicate the bacteria hiding in the miles of tubules.”

So the next time you have a toothache, which can become a cavity and which may lead to a root canal, don’t downplay its significance. This is a major clue that your body is not optimally healthy.

You’ve heard the saying that your eyes are a “window to your soul”? Well …

Your Teeth are a Window to Your Body

Dr. Weston A. Price, who was one of the major nutritional pioneers of all time, completed some of the most incredible research on this topic back in the 1900s, and it is still very much relevant today.

What he found, and documented in his classic book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, is that native tribes who were eating their traditional diet had nearly perfect teeth, and were almost 100 percent free of tooth decay. They were also almost entirely free of chronic diseases of the heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, joints, and skin.

And they did not have toothbrushes, floss, toothpaste, or root canals and fillings.

But when these tribal populations were introduced to sugar and white flour, guess what happened. Their health, and their perfect teeth, rapidly deteriorated.

So while brushing and flossing -- modern dentistry’s mantra for healthy teeth -- is important, it is not even close to the most important factor for healthy teeth. What is most important is your diet.

“Hygiene practices are preventive, and help minimize the destructive effect of our "civilized", refined diet,” Dr. Meinig says. “But the real issue is still diet. The natives Dr. Price tracked down and studied weren't free of cavities, inflamed gums, and degenerative diseases because they had better tooth brushes!”

Eating Your Way to Healthy Teeth and Gums

Getting back to the topic of the article, teeth regeneration, this is certainly a step up from using toxic substances like mercury to fill your teeth. But it is still a type of a band-aid. If you want to have healthy teeth, and a similarly healthy body, you must start from the inside out, and that means cleaning up your diet.

When Dr. Price studied the native diets, he noticed some similarities in the foods that were keeping them so healthy. Among them:

The foods were natural, unprocessed, and organic (and contained no sugar except for the occasional bit of honey or maple syrup).
The people ate foods that grew in their native environment. In other words, they ate locally grown, seasonal foods.
Many of the cultures ate unpasteurized dairy products, and all of them ate fermented foods.
The people ate a significant portion of their food raw.
All of the cultures ate animal products, including animal fat and, often, full-fat butter and organ meats.

When Dr. Price analyzed his findings, he found that the native diets contained 10 times the amount of fat-soluble vitamins, and at least four times the amount of calcium, other minerals, and water-soluble vitamins as that of Western diets at that time. Their diets were also rich in enzymes because they ate fermented and raw foods (enzymes help you to digest cooked foods).

The native diets also had at least 10 times more omega-3 fat than modern diets and FAR less omega-6 fats. And as some of you may know, a diet that is lacking in omega-3 fats, and heavy on omega-6 fats from vegetable oils (which are consumed so heavily today) is a recipe for disaster.

So, if you want to eat your way to healthy teeth, taking a lesson from these previous native generations is essential. You should:

Find out your nutritional type, and eat accordingly. This will tell you which foods are ideal for your unique biochemistry.
Eat at least one-third of your food raw.
Avoid processed foods, sugar, refined flour and all artificial flavorings, colorings, and artificial sweeteners. Instead, seek out locally grown foods that are in-season.
Enjoy fermented foods like natto, kefir and cultured veggies.
Make sure you eat enough healthy fats, including those from animal sources like omega-3 fat, and reduce your intake of omega-6 from vegetable oils.

All of the brushing and flossing in the world will not give you the healthy teeth that the above steps will, so if you value your pearly whites, get started eating a healthier diet today.

Source: Journal of Structural Biology March 31, 2008
Source: Wired April 2, 2008
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/04/22/tooth-regeneration-you-may-never-have-to-use-or-hear-a-dentist-drill-again.aspx

wallofice
19-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Here is a link for Kefir grains.
http://www.livekefirgrains.com/

And this link
http://www.kefirshop.co.uk/shop.htm

anyone have any experience with this stuff?

boudica52
19-03-2012, 01:57 PM
white knight- don't forget the vitamin D!

montmorency
20-03-2012, 02:16 AM

I've seen good reports of it actually, although there was also a proviso that it seemed to contain sugar.

The same reports noted that there were other, better herbal tooth powders, also of Indian origin, although they might not be easy to obtain in other countries.

montmorency
20-03-2012, 02:24 AM
white knight- don't forget the vitamin D!

And vitamin A and vitamin K2. These all work together.
A is available from liver and butter. K2 is available from liver and cheese.

So basically most of the foods that Weston Price found were good, e.g. milk, butter, eggs, animal products (from traditionally reared animals) including organs.
Question mark on the grains. Weston Price's people usually fermented them or did some other traditional preparation, and most westerners probably don't do this.

White Knight: where exactly do you think the people Weston Price was talking about got all the omega-3s of which you speak?

the white knight
20-03-2012, 09:47 AM
And vitamin A and vitamin K2. These all work together.
A is available from liver and butter. K2 is available from liver and cheese.

So basically most of the foods that Weston Price found were good, e.g. milk, butter, eggs, animal products (from traditionally reared animals) including organs.
Question mark on the grains. Weston Price's people usually fermented them or did some other traditional preparation, and most westerners probably don't do this.

White Knight: where exactly do you think the people Weston Price was talking about got all the omega-3s of which you speak?

I have eaten butter all my life margerine was never allowed in the house, i also eat lots of cheese as well as Green pastures Skate liver oil always organic eggs, i stopped eating grains years ago i don't smoke or drink i don't even drink tea or coffee but i still get holes in my teeth.

drakul
20-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Great Thread. Thanks.

montmorency
20-03-2012, 05:53 PM
I have eaten butter all my life margerine was never allowed in the house, i also eat lots of cheese as well as Green pastures Skate liver oil always organic eggs, i stopped eating grains years ago i don't smoke or drink i don't even drink tea or coffee but i still get holes in my teeth.

Hard to know what to say really, except to repeat the need for vitamin D, which I don't is possible to get adequately only from diet, so you need sunshine or supplements (or both).

Other than that, either something(s) is(are) missing or something is there that shouldn't be. You might also be suffering from a less than optimal maternal diet before your birth.

Assuming you are not vegetarian, I wonder if you are getting enough animal protein. As well as muscle meats, I'd suggest bone broths and organ meats.

montmorency
20-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Thinking about calcium in the body in general, Peat has a way of looking at things which is different from most people's. This might be of some interest:

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/calcium.shtml

e.g.

Traditional meat-eating cultures efficiently use the whole animal, including blood, skin, bones, and the various organs, rather than just the muscles. That diet is favorable for calcium regulation, because it provides more vitamin A, D, E, and K, calcium, and gelatin, and less of the pro-inflammatory amino acids, tryptophan and cysteine.

[quote]
Aspirin inhibits the actions of PTH, helping to prevent the calcification of inflamed tissues, and it inhibits the loss of calcium from bones. Aspirin decreases the release of IL-6.

The most important calcium paradox is that medical journals (e.g., International J. of Cardiology, Dec., 2002) are still promoting the idea that eating too much calcium causes hardening of the arteries and other diseases of calcification.

Peat is also an advocate of powdered eggshell as a supplement.
Most of the things he advocates are simple and cheap, and you can try them yourself and see if they work for you, e.g. salt and aspirin is cheap, and eggshells are free if you were going to eat the eggs anyway. (Boil them to sterilize them unless the eggs were already boiled. Dry thoroughly and powder in a coffee grinder. ¼ to ½ teaspoon or so per day. Warm water or milk helps to get it down. Best taken at the same time as a meal).

herbes
21-03-2012, 07:19 PM

+2 i use aloe vera gel now and again , had no reall decay but when i was young my wisdom tooth decide to grow forward and push teeth out ,causing rct work to be done , but still got a good set x

wonderfullife
22-03-2012, 10:04 PM
I've seen good reports of it actually, although there was also a proviso that it seemed to contain sugar.

The same reports noted that there were other, better herbal tooth powders, also of Indian origin, although they might not be easy to obtain in other countries.

I have also seen good reports of it yes it does contain a bit of suger but this is minimmal Colgate and other toothpastes contain a higher amont.

Do you know any names of other brands?

wonderfullife
22-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Hard to know what to say really, except to repeat the need for vitamin D, which I don't is possible to get adequately only from diet, so you need sunshine or supplements (or both).

Other than that, either something(s) is(are) missing or something is there that shouldn't be. You might also be suffering from a less than optimal maternal diet before your birth.

Assuming you are not vegetarian, I wonder if you are getting enough animal protein. As well as muscle meats, I'd suggest bone broths and organ meats.

Agreed somthing is a miss perhaps there is an infection going on and because a lot of the bacterial/parasite infections also live in the jaw bone and teeth they will take all the good stuff and cause tooth decay because the body takes all the vitamins and minerals away from the mouth first when there is a infection in the body.
Or up the vitamin C and vitamin D
Do not eat oats as oats cause terrible tooth decay and teeth crumble away as do grains they also make the teeth crumble.

robbyblade
22-03-2012, 10:19 PM
You honestly don't need toothpaste.

It doesn't do a damn thing.

It's ALL about nutrition.

Cure Tooth Decay is the best book out there.

It's basically a shorter easy to read synopses of Weston Price's work/information.

You need to make raw milk the foundation of your diet, with grass-fed meats, wild fish, oysters, organ meats, etc.

Stop eating grains. Grains are not human food. We turned to them out of desperation. They destroy your insides.

That's one thing I don't like about the aforementioned books actually. They sort of accept that some of the cultures ate really good breads made from grains and that they are better than the bread/grains people are eating today. They have good teeth in spite of the grains they eat because they eat so much other good stuff. i.e. raw milk, meats, etc.

The fact is that you simply don't need grains at all. They are nothing but detrimental to health.

tenzingnorgay
22-03-2012, 11:41 PM
You honestly don't need toothpaste.

It doesn't do a damn thing.

It's ALL about nutrition.

Cure Tooth Decay is the best book out there.

It's basically a shorter easy to read synopses of Weston Price's work/information.

You need to make raw milk the foundation of your diet, with grass-fed meats, wild fish, oysters, organ meats, etc.

Stop eating grains. Grains are not human food. We turned to them out of desperation. They destroy your insides.

That's one thing I don't like about the aforementioned books actually. They sort of accept that some of the cultures ate really good breads made from grains and that they are better than the bread/grains people are eating today. They have good teeth in spite of the grains they eat because they eat so much other good stuff. i.e. raw milk, meats, etc.

The fact is that you simply don't need grains at all. They are nothing but detrimental to health.

You don't need toothpaste as Weston Price proved time after time. Toothpaste interferes with remineralization of your teeth. Improper brushing (90% of those who brush) leads to receding gums which keeps dentists in business after you get older and they've put fillings in all your teeth.

wonderfullife
23-03-2012, 12:23 AM
You don't need toothpaste as Weston Price proved time after time. Toothpaste interferes with remineralization of your teeth. Improper brushing (90% of those who brush) leads to receding gums which keeps dentists in business after you get older and they've put fillings in all your teeth.

+1
Tooth brushing does more harm than good.
Vicco is herbal and one uses a finger

saty
23-03-2012, 12:27 AM
+1
Tooth brushing does more harm than good.

agreed, i just use floss

montmorency
23-03-2012, 01:07 AM
I have also seen good reports of it yes it does contain a bit of suger but this is minimmal Colgate and other toothpastes contain a higher amont.

Do you know any names of other brands?

Not personally. I'll see if I can find the web page I was reading about it. It was a series of comments underneath an article, and several different people were mentioning herbal toothpowders.

EDIT: Found it. The author of that article is a Weston Price fan.

The references to the tooth powders are among the many comments below. You will have to read or search through them. The article author chimes in in favour of Vicco, I seem to remember.

http://nourishedmagazine.com.au/blog/articles/forgotten-tooth-decay-cure-heal-your-cavities-and-prevent-root-canals

wonderfullife
23-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Not personally. I'll see if I can find the web page I was reading about it. It was a series of comments underneath an article, and several different people were mentioning herbal toothpowders.

EDIT: Found it. The author of that article is a Weston Price fan.

The references to the tooth powders are among the many comments below. You will have to read or search through them. The article author chimes in in favour of Vicco, I seem to remember.

http://nourishedmagazine.com.au/blog/articles/forgotten-tooth-decay-cure-heal-your-cavities-and-prevent-root-canals

Thank you I'll have a read

airkraft
25-03-2012, 04:18 PM

I`ve just invested in some of this, as an experiment.

I have been going for 4 days so far but find it a bit difficult to wait around after massaging my gums before rinsing on work days...but I`ll get over it.

Just to be clear that I`m doing it correctly...I dip my wetted fingertip in the container and then massage my external gums only for 2 minutes, I may have to coat my finger about 3 times to get a good covering of all my gums.... does this sound right ??

montmorency
27-03-2012, 11:01 AM
How long do they say before rinsing off?

To those who use this or similar tooth powders, do you use it after each meal / after eating anything?

My teeth seem to form plaque fairly quickly, and it's hard to imagine I'd keep this under control without regular vigorous brushing.
Does this stuff seem to prevent plaque forming (or get rid of it) without brushing?

I hardly ever eat any grain products (only rarely, if I'm away from home and there isn't any choice, and it's either that or starve).

airkraft
27-03-2012, 11:08 AM
I use it 2 times a day at the moment....untill someone advises me to use it more.....or less

No plaque on teeth yet after nearly a week :)

It says to massage on for 2 minutes, leave for 5 mins before rinsing

wonderfullife
30-03-2012, 01:35 AM
I use it 2 times a day at the moment....untill someone advises me to use it more.....or less

No plaque on teeth yet after nearly a week :)

It says to massage on for 2 minutes, leave for 5 mins before rinsing

This is the right way to apply it yes.
You may find you do not need to apply twice a day choice is yours.
You may find your gums will become stronger and it does whiten the teeth i also apply it to the tongue and the inside cheeks.
Use your finger not a toothbrush.

airkraft
13-04-2012, 12:08 AM
I`ve been using this Vicco tooth powder for 3 weeks now and have found that my mouth feels as though it is not as clean as with brushing.

I do get plaque on my teeth if I only use it once a day, and my teeth dont look any whiter than they did before. Also, I dont feel that my gums are any stronger.

I will persist with it till the tub is empty though

s7r31f
13-04-2012, 01:24 AM

Very true. Same goes for many animals out there

Fishin
27-05-2013, 10:27 PM

The other big reason is that they consumed vitamin K2.