PDA

View Full Version : Garlic And Onion Damage Spiritual Abilities

biblegirl
15-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Well I know this is going to be controversial and maybe a little depressing. I found similar info on this forum in the past but I'm pretty sure I used one of these emoticons :rolleyes: when a poster suggested that garlic or onion could be detrimental! As I am very much into alternative medicines and therapies, I know that garlic and onion are very high up on the list of treatments. I thought anyone knocking on garlic must be here for disinfo or just plain dumb :D. While searching for DIY plans for colloidal silver makers, I came across this video by Dr. Robert Beck, who explains that while people are using his electromagnetic treatment, they absolutely cannot have any garlic. He then goes into detail about how garlic desynchronizes the hemispheres of the brain, and also how it affects psychic ability. He said that garlic, onions, and other things from that family are forbidden in temples and ashrams in the East because of their affects on the spiritual senses. Shamans and channelers lose their ability to connect psychically after they consume garlic. Dr. Beck suggests that if people are unaware of the detrimental affect that garlic can have on their health, they should go for 3 weeks without consuming it (even in the smallest amounts), then eat some and see how they feel. I have now tried this (except it was at least a month without), and when I ate it again I felt sick the next day digestion-wise. I have done this a few times since then whenever garlic could not be avoided (restaraunts etc.) and it is always the same result. Back before I heard this info from Dr. Beck, I would have assumed the garlic triggered some sort of detox and that's why it affects people that way. Now I'm not so sure anymore. What does everyone think about this?

Dr. Beck gave a 2 hour speech involving many things about health, but of course during the Q&A at the end, the info that the audience seemed most concerned about was what he said about garlic! (I was quite concerned too since I used it as a remedy for many things).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3383948315844437935#

At approx. 1:29:40 he gets his first garlic question, then another one at 1:35:00.

Here is more info covering exactly what he said in the video:

Garlic - Toxic And A Brain
Synchronization Destroyer
Reiki Empowerment Seminars
4-30-7
I have been telling people this for years, all you need is a ECG of the brain to see the truth .. it totally desynchronizes the brain and cause us to loose our psychic mind ... yes our psychic mind, we are Human not slaves to the race of beings that control us ... this doesn't mean much to most ...
Garlic is not only repulsive to any one that eats it for hours ... but it makes us stupid slow and simple ... this is hard for most people to grasp, do the ECG and do the experiment yourselves ... read this article on this and you will be amazed it does clean the blood but it also destroys the total mind synchronization of the two hemispheres .. I was heart broken, when I heard of this because I love the smell of garlic and onions ... but oh well ... once you find out they are a neuro poison then it makes al the sense in the world when you eat it ... what happens to you ! ... you smell awful and are totally repulsed by others . most are generally being nice not to tell you ... YOU STINK .. stay your distance !
it is also the best organic insect killer, too, is there a reason why no bug will eat garlic or any of the onion family...because it kills them.
The reason garlic is so toxic, the sulphone hydroxyl ion penetrates the blood brain barrier, just like DMSO, and is a specific poison for higher life forms and brain cells. We discovered this much to our horror, when I was the world's largest manufacturer of ethical EEG biofeedback equipment. We'd have people come back from lunch that looked clinically dead on the encephalograph, which we used to calibrate their progress. "Well, what happened?" " Well, I went to an Italian restaurant and there was some garlic in my salad dressing!"

So we had 'em sign things that they won't touch garlic before classes or we were wasting their time, and money and my time. I guess those of you who are pilots or have been in flight tests... I was in flight test engineering in Doc Hallan's group in the 1950's. The flight surgeon would come around every month and remind all of us: "Don't you dare touch any garlic 72 hours before you fly one of our airplanes, because it'll double or triple your reaction time. You're three times slower than you would be if you'd [not] had a few drops of garlic."

Well, we didn't know why for 20 years later, until I owned the Alpha-Metrics Corporation. We were building biofeedback equipment and found out that garlic totally desynchronizes your brain waves. So I funded a study at Stanford and, sure enough, they found that it's a poison. You can rub a clove of garlic on your foot - on the sole of your foot - and you can smell it shortly later on your wrists. So it penetrates the body. This is why DMSO smells a lot like garlic: that sulphone hydroxyl ion penetrates all the barriers including the corpus callosum in the brain. Any of you who are organic gardeners know that if you don't want to use DDT, garlic will kill anything in the way of insects. Now, most people have heard most of their lives that garlic is good for you, and we put those people in the same class of ignorance as the mothers who at the turn of the century would buy morphine sulphate in the drugstore and give it to their babies to put 'em to sleep. If you have any patients who have low-grade headaches or attention deficit [disorder], they can't quite focus on the computer in the afternoon, just do an experiment - you owe it to yourselves. Take those people off garlic and see how much better they get, very,very shortly. And then let them eat a little garlic after about three weeks. They'll say: "My God, I had no idea that this was the cause of our problems." And this includes the de-skunked garlic's, Kyolic, some of the other products. Very unpopular, but I've got to tell you the truth. (Source: From a lecture by Dr Robert C. Beck, DSc., given at the Whole Life Expo, Seattle, WA, USA, in March 1996)
Bob Beck also found in his research on human brain function in the 1980's that garlic has a detrimental effect on the brain and researching this further he learned that m[B]any yoga groups and philosophical teachings caution against the use of garlic and onions as they are known to interfere with meditation practices. Some aware individuals have actually described themselves as experiencing brain fog after having garlic.

The Harmful Effects of Garlic

Garlic is toxic to humans because its sulphone hydroxyl ions penetrate the blood-brain barrier and are poisonous to brain cells.(1) For precisely the same reason the garlic family of plants has been widely recognized as being harmful to dogs.(2)
As far back as the 1950s it was known that garlic reduced reaction time by two to three times when consumed by pilots taking flight tests. This is because the toxic effects of garlic desynchronize brain waves.

The Taoists realized thousands of years ago that plants of the alliaceous family were detrimental to humans.(3) They labeled this group of plants ­ onions, garlic, leeks, chives and spring onions ­ the 'five spicy-scented plants.' They noticed that onions are harmful to the lungs, garlic to the heart, leeks to the spleen, chives to the liver and spring onions to the kidneys. Hindus also avoid this group, which they have called the 'five pungent plants.'(4) As well as producing offensive breath and body odour, these plants induce aggravation, agitation, anxiety and aggression. Thus they are harmful physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

Even when garlic is used as food in Chinese culture it is considered harmful to the stomach, liver and eyes, and a cause of dizziness and scattered energy when consumed in immoderate amounts.(5) Nor is garlic always seen as having entirely beneficial properties in Western cooking and medicine. It is widely accepted among health care professionals that, as well as killing harmful bacteria, garlic also destroys beneficial bacteria,(6) which are essential to the proper functioning of the digestive system. Furthermore, Ken Bergeron, in Professional Vegetarian Cooking, p. 16, writes: "garlic in the raw state can carry harmful (potentially fatal) botulism bacteria." Perhaps it is with an awareness of this that the Roman poet Horace wrote of garlic that it is "more harmful than hemlock."(7)

In the practice of Reiki, we have noticed that garlic and onions are some of the first toxic substances that are expelled from a person's system ­ along with tobacco, alcohol and pharmaceutical medications. This makes it apparent that alliaceous plants have a negative effect on the human body and should be avoided for health reasons. Homeopathic medicine comes to the same conclusion when it recognizes that red onion produces a dry cough, watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose and other familiar cold-related symptoms when consumed.(8)
http://www.reikiempowermentseminars.com.au/assets/taoist.html
Reiki Empowerment Seminars: Taoist Knowledge
http://www.reikiempowermentseminars.com.au/assets/taoist.html

Comment
Jon Gentry
5-1-7
http://www.rense.com/general76/Dpi.htm

disorder2k8
15-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Here is a scientifically backed list of supplements, top is good evidence of effects bottom is poor/bad evidence.

http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/snake-oil-supplements/

http://s3.amazonaws.com/infobeautiful2/snakeoil_supplements_956.png

biblegirl
15-12-2010, 10:51 PM
haha wheatgrass is at the very bottom

i wonder who came up with this chart? interesting

disorder2k8
15-12-2010, 10:53 PM
haha wheatgrass is at the very bottom

i wonder who came up with this chart? interesting

I've heard wheat grass isn't all that great from a number of places. There are many places that debunk its properties.

http://skeptico.blogs.com/skeptico/2005/04/wheatgrass_madn.html

armoured_amazon
15-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Well, hot diggity, if I cut out onion and garlic, I'd be like Jesus or something.

I'm confident my spiritual capacity is not diminished by my intake. I'm equally confident that my regular intake of onion, chilli & garlic is why I'm rarely ill.

disorder2k8
15-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Well, hot diggity, if I cut out onion and garlic, I'd be like Jesus or something.

I'm confident my spiritual capacity is not diminished by my intake. I'm equally confident that my regular intake of onion, chilli & garlic is why I'm rarely ill.

You could also believe that too, like the placebo effect (something I've always been interested in).

Its why I believe I'm invulnerable and don't seem to age:D

armoured_amazon
15-12-2010, 11:15 PM
You could also believe that too, like the placebo effect (something I've always been interested in).

Its why I believe I'm invulnerable and don't seem to age:D

Believe what, that I don't catch bugs doing the rounds? LOL if belief is the same as me not catching them, then yes, it's a placebo effect. Same with the psychic ability that most of my family has. Just placebo. So like I said, if I quit garlic and onion, I'll probably become an ascended being. It's probably best for my human experience that I keep eating them.

truthseeker1980
15-12-2010, 11:20 PM

Same here.

I live off the stuff, eat garlic, onions, and chillies everyday.

Isn't garlic supposed to ward off vampires and negative entities, could this be disinfo, so people believe it, start eating really bland food and become more susectable to possesion?

disorder2k8
15-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Believe what, that I don't catch bugs doing the rounds? LOL if belief is the same as me not catching them, then yes, it's a placebo effect. Same with the psychic ability that most of my family has. Just placebo. So like I said, if I quit garlic and onion, I'll probably become an ascended being. It's probably best for my human experience that I keep eating them.

Yep haha. I believe that you believe that you are a super being whos body can overcome harsh physical and mental strain and that's what matters more than any drug, chemical, supplement or herb. If you believe that then msg, aspartame and all the toxic crap in the world doesn't effect you either. ;)

Remember body strong, nature weak! ug!

Out of all the things that we are supposed to be bombarded with, including all those secret weapons people keep going on about, none of them are very good are they? I mean as a military administrator, I just love budgeting wads of dosh to such pathetic soft kill weapons that take 20+ years to do anything. Especially when we have perfectly good bullets.

Short of being shot, crushed or torn apart by horses I think we'll manage.

himitsunomiko
15-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Garlic and Onion were two of my favorites! But, I decided to go without about 2 weeks ago. I had onions with potatoes on Sunday last weekend, and my stomach was in all sorts of trouble. It took a day for it to feel normal again.

Thanks for the info, biblegirl. I feel better about the decision now.

greenzxy
16-12-2010, 01:58 AM
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Lighter9/Brawl%20Pics/WarioFS.jpg

Yea, I always wondered why Domino's new pizza recipe had me feeling queasy considering they over-killed their crust with that new garlic sauce.

Edit: So I was reading that chart disorder2k8 put out and HOLY CRAP why is Vitamin A and E so low (lower than garlic even)?! Does that mean they aren't safe to ingest???? :confused:

phoebe
16-12-2010, 03:35 AM
I think 2tuff posted quite a lot of info about garlic being bad.
I don't believe it personally.
I eat shitloads of garlic and onions and chillis and there's nothing
wrong with my psychic ability. :p

Maybe it's a ploy to get us to stop eating it and then we'll all
be at the mercy of vampires.
Or perhaps someone would rather we didn't eat garlic since
it appears to help prevent cancer.

biblegirl
16-12-2010, 03:41 AM

why would the ashrams and temples forbid it? or reiki healers warn that it interferes with meditation? i really don't think these people have an agenda :confused:

jconnar
16-12-2010, 05:03 AM
Found this on the net

Garlic helps open up the base chakras... fiery... it is also good for digestion and in turn awakens mental clarity.

now here
16-12-2010, 05:21 AM
Interesting post, biblegirl.

Does it matter if it's raw or cooked onions?

lebensgefahr
16-12-2010, 10:37 AM
How does this relate to vampires?? There must be a conection somewhere!

dollanaqua
16-12-2010, 10:56 AM

I'm confident my spiritual capacity is not diminished by my intake. I'm equally confident that my regular intake of onion, chilli & garlic is why I'm rarely ill. +1 :)

truthseeker1980
16-12-2010, 12:15 PM
How does this relate to vampires?? There must be a conection somewhere!

That's what i said, i think this is massive disinfo, for years it's been folklore that garlic wards off bad spirits. What better place to start than with people who are aware of the world, learning their spiritual path, aware of negative entities and tell them it hinders their psychic or spiritual abilities.

Thus due that fact we maybe further on our spiritual journey than the asleep general public, fall for the lies and then get possessed or have our energy harnessed by not eating garlic.

I think it's a double bluff.

I'm going to ask my reiki master friend if he has heard anything about it, as last time i saw him he was eating a vegpot with garlic in.

bubblegoose
16-12-2010, 12:21 PM
I feel that this is a load of bollocks.

Garlic and Onion is the base of all food in India - the most spiritual country on earth.

armoured_amazon
16-12-2010, 12:26 PM

That's more like it. Same way it'll be classified as a drug by wonderful Codex.

why would the ashrams and temples forbid it? or reiki healers warn that it interferes with meditation? i really don't think these people have an agenda :confused:

Everyone has an agenda.

harry_88
16-12-2010, 12:33 PM
The reason garlic is so toxic, the sulphone hydroxyl ion penetrates the blood brain barrier, just like DMSO, and is a specific poison for higher life forms and brain cells. We discovered this much to our horror, when I was the world's largest manufacturer of ethical EEG biofeedback equipment. We'd have people come back from lunch that looked clinically dead on the encephalograph, which we used to calibrate their progress. "Well, what happened?" " Well, I went to an Italian restaurant and there was some garlic in my salad dressing!"

Garlic is toxic to humans because its sulphone hydroxyl ions penetrate the blood-brain barrier and are poisonous to brain cells.(1) For precisely the same reason the garlic family of plants has been widely recognized as being harmful to dogs.
As far back as the 1950s it was known that garlic reduced reaction time by two to three times when consumed by pilots taking flight tests. This is because the toxic effects of garlic desynchronizes brain waves.

The Taoists realized thousands of years ago that plants of the alliaceous family were detrimental to humans. They labelled this group of plants ­ onions, garlic, leeks, chives and spring onions ­ the 'five spicy-scented plants.' They noticed that onions are harmful to the lungs, garlic to the heart, leeks to the spleen, chives to the liver and spring onions to the kidneys. Hindus also avoid this group, which they have called the 'five pungent plants.' As well as producing offensive breath and body odour, these plants induce aggravation, agitation, anxiety and aggression. Thus they are harmful physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

Yoga: Proper Diet

Yoga is so much more than a workout. Yoga is about toning and stretching exercises that are great for the entire body; it is about pranayama breathing techniques; meditation; and correct diet for the body. In fact yogic diet is one of the five main principles of yoga. Eating healthy and according to the principles of yoga, will make you feel healthy and clean, and look after your complete well being. Sages believed in a philosophy, which is that energy has three basic qualities –

* Guna – this energy maintains equilibrium
* Sattva means purity; Rajas means passion
* Tamas means darkness

Food and diet can be categorized into three groups:

Sattvic Food: The following are the characteristics of Sattvic diet.

* It is the purest form of food.
* This is the best food for yoga practitioners.
* It brings peace to the mind and is nourishing for the body.
* Sattvic food is great for overall fitness and for a balanced energy flow.
* Sattvic food includes cereals, honey, herbs, sprouts, seeds, nuts, legumes, butter, milk, fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh juices, and whole meal bread.

Rajasic Food: The following are the characteristics of Rajasic diet.

* This food is salty, dry, sour, hot and bitter.
* It is not good for the mind-body balance.
* It tends to excite and over-stimulate the body, and makes the mind restless.
* Rajasic food includes chocolate, salt, eggs, fish, tea and coffee, sharp spices.

Tamasic Food: The following are the characteristics of Tamasic diet.

* This food is not good for the body or the mind.
* It brings in a sense of inertia, clouds the power of reasoning, and sucks out the energy.
* It destroys the body’s resistance to diseases.
* It also invokes feelings of anger, jealousy and greed in people.
* Overeating is a Tamasic behavior.
* Tamastic food includes meat, alcohol, tobacco, onions, garlic, fermented foods and over ripe foods.

http://www.yogawiz.com/blog/health-tips/yoga-diet.html

http://www.sanatansociety.org/ayurve...hree_gunas.htm

armoured_amazon
16-12-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm not buying it, sorry.

truthseeker1980
16-12-2010, 12:41 PM

Garlic is toxic to humans because its sulphone hydroxyl ions penetrate the blood-brain barrier and are poisonous to brain cells.(1) For precisely the same reason the garlic family of plants has been widely recognized as being harmful to dogs.
As far back as the 1950s it was known that garlic reduced reaction time by two to three times when consumed by pilots taking flight tests. This is because the toxic effects of garlic desynchronizes brain waves.

The Taoists realized thousands of years ago that plants of the alliaceous family were detrimental to humans. They labelled this group of plants ­ onions, garlic, leeks, chives and spring onions ­ the 'five spicy-scented plants.' They noticed that onions are harmful to the lungs, garlic to the heart, leeks to the spleen, chives to the liver and spring onions to the kidneys. Hindus also avoid this group, which they have called the 'five pungent plants.' As well as producing offensive breath and body odour, these plants induce aggravation, agitation, anxiety and aggression. Thus they are harmful physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

* Sattvic food includes cereals, honey, herbs, sprouts, seeds, nuts, legumes, butter, milk, fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh juices, and whole meal bread.

I dont know one Hindu who avoids garlic or onions. Not one.

I dont buy it either.

Also where is this information you pasted coming from? There are a few flaws.

Bread be it wholemeal or white is not a pure food, it is processed, even when you make your own (which i do)

Milk and cheese is not pure and the human body should not ingest any milk other than it's mothers.
IMO milk is worse than garlic and to be honest i think this garlic/onion thing is disinfo. How can garlic and onions (untouched or modified by humans) not be pure but processed foods such as bread, milk and cheese be pure?

Absolute garbage!!!!

tornado
16-12-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm not buying it, sorry.
Neither I.
Garlic are the king of the garden. Garlic is an high detoxicant. I love my garlic with mushrooms and olive oil, mmmiiiaammm!!

hobo
16-12-2010, 01:27 PM
He said that garlic, onions, and other things from that family are forbidden in temples and ashrams in the East because of their affects on the spiritual senses.

The reason why onions and garlic in general are not allowed in ashrams and monasteries, is because they act as aphrodisiacs. It has nothing to do with psychic abilities.

Apart from that,is garlic one of the best natural antibiotics and vermicides you can get.
If I have to stay off onions and garlic I might as well just roll over and die, as the correct dietary lifestyle is getting ridiculous now:

According to the vegans; meat, fish, fowl, eggs and milk-products are bad for you.

According to loads of dieticians:
Sugar is bad for you, cereals are bad for you, soy is bad for you,
vegetables from the nightshade family are bad for you (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants,peppers,chillies etc), fruit in large amounts are bad for you ( if you suffer from candida infection you are only allowed to eat 1 fruit pr. day), bananas are bad for you( according to Edgar Cayce), citrus-fruits can trigger allergies,canned or preserved food is bad for you (goodbye olives), cooked food is bad for you because the enzymes are destroyed, raw food is bad for you because of microbes and so on.

Alkohol, cigarettes and coffee are bad for you.
Tap-water and bottled water is bad for you.

even breathing is bad for you:
2 hours of walk in a city is just as unhealthy as being exposed to radioactivity.

So let´s all just have a big hearty feast with our spiritually correct seaweed n´celery salads, and make merry...........:eek::mad:

armoured_amazon
16-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Neither I.
Garlic are the king of the garden. Garlic is an high detoxicant. I love my garlic with mushrooms and olive oil, mmmiiiaammm!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm stop it, you're making me hungry!

Apart from that,is garlic one of the best natural antibiotics and vermicides you can get.

Yup!

If I have to stay off onions and garlic I might as well just roll over and die, as the correct dietary lifestyle is getting ridiculous now...So let´s all just have a big hearty feast with our spiritually correct seaweed n´celery salads, and make merry...........:eek::mad:

Hahaha :D

edelweiss pirate
16-12-2010, 03:59 PM

Yoga: Proper Diet

Yoga is so much more than a workout. Yoga is about toning and stretching exercises that are great for the entire body; it is about pranayama breathing techniques; meditation; and correct diet for the body. In fact yogic diet is one of the five main principles of yoga. Eating healthy and according to the principles of yoga, will make you feel healthy and clean, and look after your complete well being. Sages believed in a philosophy, which is that energy has three basic qualities –

* Guna – this energy maintains equilibrium
* Sattva means purity; Rajas means passion
* Tamas means darkness

Food and diet can be categorized into three groups:

Rajasic Food: The following are the characteristics of Rajasic diet.

* This food is salty, dry, sour, hot and bitter.
* It is not good for the mind-body balance.
* It tends to excite and over-stimulate the body, and makes the mind restless.
* Rajasic food includes chocolate, salt, eggs, fish, tea and coffee, sharp spices.

Tamasic Food: The following are the characteristics of Tamasic diet.

* This food is not good for the body or the mind.
* It brings in a sense of inertia, clouds the power of reasoning, and sucks out the energy.
* It destroys the body’s resistance to diseases.
* It also invokes feelings of anger, jealousy and greed in people.
* Overeating is a Tamasic behavior.
* Tamastic food includes meat, alcohol, tobacco, onions, garlic, fermented foods and over ripe foods.

http://www.yogawiz.com/blog/health-tips/yoga-diet.html

http://www.sanatansociety.org/ayurve...hree_gunas.htm

There may be something in this.....

It's not a new idea, I read something about this in Chaucer's Canterbury tales, there's one randy character in that who is a hot tempestuous character because he eats lots of onions. I remember it from school.

Also when I lived in Japan I drank no beer, drank no tea and very little meat and ate mostly raw fish and rice, sometimes noodles or tempura.

Achieved a supernatural level of meditation and inner awareness, haven't since managed to get back to this level and always wondered why......

I will take this advice on board..... well, I'll give it a try.

edelweiss pirate
16-12-2010, 04:02 PM
The Summoner, from the Canterbury Tales written in the year 1390 ish...

(modern translation)

There was a Summoner with us in that place,
That had a fiery-red cherubic face,
With pimples, and his eyes were small and narrow;
As hot he was and lecherous as a sparrow;
Black scabby brows he had, and scraggly beard;
His was a face that all the children feared.
No brimstone, borax, mercury, ceruse,
White lead, or cream of tartar was of use,
Or any ointment that would cleanse or bite,
To rid him of his little pimples white,
Or of the knobs that sat upon his cheeks.
Garlic he loved, and onions, too, and leeks,
And wine as red as blood and wondrous strong.
Then like a madman would he shout ere long,
And when the wine within him held its sway,
Then not a word but Latin would he say.
He had some phrases, only two or three,
Such things as he had learned from some decree -
No wonder, for he heard it all the day;
Besides, ye know full well how any jay
Can cry his "Wat!" as well as the Pope can.
But in some other matter probe the man,
Then he had spent all his philosophy:
And "Questio quid juris" would he cry!
He was a decent rascal and a kind;
A better fellow nowhere could ye find.
Let any man give him a quart of wine,
He might a twelve month have a concubine
Unscathed. But let him catch some fool in sin
And he would slyly fleece him to the skin.
And if he made a comrade anywhere,
Then would he teach him not to have a care
In such a case for the archdeacon`s curse -
Unless, indeed, his soul were in his purse,
For in his purse his punishment should be.
"Your purse - that`s the archdeacon`s hell!" said he.
But here I hold it was a lie he said;
Let guilty men of curses be in dread -
They slay the soul as absolutions save it;
Also he should beware a significavit.
All the young people in the diocese
The man could frighten or could leave at peace,
Their secrets knew, and was their counsellor,
A monstrous garland on his head he wore,
That might have hung upon an alehouse stake.
He had made himself a buckler of a cake.

biblegirl
16-12-2010, 05:00 PM
I knew this would be upsetting to consider after all we've been told about garlic (it's painful for me I assure you!). It really has nothing to do with whether you like the taste of garlic or whether it has kept you from getting colds and flus etc. It has to do with whether or not it disconnects the hemispheres of your brain to slow your reaction time, whether it kills bacteria in your body without distinguishing good from bad, whether bugs won't touch it and plants won't grow well around it, and whether it hinders spiritual abilities.

Here is another twist on the garlic/evil spirits scenario. What if a person was spiritually sensitive to beings in the other dimensions, was bothered by an evil spirit or two, and when they wore garlic the evil spirits "went away". What if the evil spirits did not go away, but according to the person's perception they were gone because they were no longer spiritually sensitive to their presence. Kind of like anti-depressants and psychotic drugs prescribed to people who are bothered by spiritual things. Do these drugs REALLY make the voices and spirits go AWAY? Or do they ruin your ability to perceive them, thus helping you to become "sane"???

edelweiss pirate
16-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Here is another twist on the garlic/evil spirits scenario. What if a person was spiritually sensitive to beings in the other dimensions, was bothered by an evil spirit or two, and when they wore garlic the evil spirits "went away". What if the evil spirits did not go away, but according to the person's perception they were gone because they were no longer spiritually sensitive to their presence. Kind of like anti-depressants and psychotic drugs prescribed to people who are bothered by spiritual things. Do these drugs REALLY make the voices and spirits go AWAY? Or do they ruin your ability to perceive them, thus helping you to become "sane"???

Hmmmmmmm good thinking... the recent drought of interesting posts seems to have come to an end.....

truthseeker1980
16-12-2010, 05:16 PM
I knew this would be upsetting to consider after all we've been told about garlic (it's painful for me I assure you!). It really has nothing to do with whether you like the taste of garlic or whether it has kept you from getting colds and flus etc. It has to do with whether or not it disconnects the hemispheres of your brain to slow your reaction time, whether it kills bacteria in your body without distinguishing good from bad, whether bugs won't touch it and plants won't grow well around it, and whether it hinders spiritual abilities.

Im still not buying it.

Can we find these ECG scans to verify these massive claims?

Until I see these ECG brain scans, with and without garlic, I will believe it's disinfo.

maverick angel
16-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Yogi Bhajan of kundalini yoga fame called onions garlic and Ginger the holy trinity for health.

armoured_amazon
16-12-2010, 06:10 PM

Not upsetting, I just don't agree. My psychic ability is not hampered in any way. Or if it is, like I said, I'd be an ascended being if I quit the garlic, or at the very least wouldn't be able to function in a 5-sense world.

truthseeker1980
16-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Not upsetting, I just don't agree. My psychic ability is not hampered in any way. Or if it is, like I said, I'd be an ascended being if I quit the garlic, or at the very least wouldn't be able to function in a 5-sense world.

Yeh and come to think of it, I think it's the exact opposite.

I've just remembered earlier in the year I had made some home made bread, as I always do and then made a batch of olive all with garlic and chilies in, to pour over the bread and make it garlic bread.
I ate the bread with my girlfriend as you do...lol

That night i had a very vivid dream about my ex girlfriend winning a competition of some sort, woke up thinking that's odd I haven't dreamt about her for a year and not thought or seen her for just as long.

As I was driving to work, she was on the radio, doing the Kiss FM game, she didn't win but still i had a psychic dream about her after probably overdosing on garlic. I remember I had eaten a lot of garlic as i burped as I heard her voice and could smell and taste the garlic.

Armoured Amazon, what's your intuition tell you about this claim? As if you are attuned your intuition should be spot on.

Mine is telling me DISINFO!!!!

edelweiss pirate
16-12-2010, 06:50 PM

It's not quite that simple, this idea has been around a long long time....

Not disinfo, perhaps just a difference of opinion.

sattvic diet

Sattvic diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

biblegirl
16-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Haha that's an interesting story truthseeker. This is what I'm mostly interested in, first hand experiences in whether garlic might have prevented spiritual things or not. Sometimes on nights that I am "scheduled" to astral project (it's consistent every month for me lol and I have no control over it) I get a little dismayed if I ate too much that night or took drug painkillers for a migraine, because I worry that I have killed my ability to AP for the night. Still like clockwork, it happens, and never ceases to amaze me. I have read that you should not be too full from food if you want to try to AP, but it still happens for me no matter what so I don't know ??

truthseeker1980
16-12-2010, 06:56 PM
It's not quite that simple, this idea has been around a long long time....

Not disinfo, perhaps just a difference of opinion.

sattvic diet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sattvic_diet

yeh but that sattvic diet encourages processed foods.

Bread
Milk
Cheese

But a natural vegetable such as garlic or onions no?

water versus ice
16-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Yogi Bhajan of kundalini yoga fame called onions garlic and Ginger the holy trinity for health.

People around me always say onion and especially garlic are good for your imunitary system and make you strong, ussualy the old ones and i must say that people that live in a country side they tend to eat more garlic and they sure seem more healtyer than city people, maybe its just what i noticed but they dnt catch so many deases as others , again just my opinion

armoured_amazon
16-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Armoured Amazon, what's your intuition tell you about this claim? As if you are attuned your intuition should be spot on.

LOL mine's telling me to rush to the kitchen and peel some cloves. I quite fancy garlic marinade - I love popping a clove into my mouth after it's been marinaded in chillies and olive oil om nom nom.

I also think the fact Codex Alimentarius want to set restrictions on garlic should tell us something about their reticence for us to have free access to it.

Mmmm this is why I save my jars: http://www.abercrombieandfeast.com/?p=691

edelweiss pirate
16-12-2010, 07:15 PM
yeh but that sattvic diet encourages processed foods.

Bread
Milk
Cheese

But a natural vegetable such as garlic or onions no?

Deadly nightshade is a natural vegetable too. Still has an effect on your health.

You're missing the point. Most cheese isn't particularly processed either. We're not talking cheese spread here, or cheese flavoured crisps.. Milk too. It's not a particularly 'processed' food stuff.

jconnar
16-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Ok, I did a test.

I had 6 cloves of garlic last night.

1 raw and 5 roasted.

Today I am very agitated and on edge.

Don't worry I am staying home today nobody can smell the garlic on me.

zuzu
16-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Garlic is great. Especially garlic mushrooms.

now here
17-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Really?? Where did you read this?

earthicastar
17-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Well, that explains it..

I've eaten about 5 cloves of raw garlic nearly every day for the last 20-30 years

I must be completely brain dead by now.

I havent been bitten by any Vampires tho

jconnar
17-12-2010, 02:57 AM
Apparently when you are feeling lethargic it is good because it simulates your body.

let it shine
17-12-2010, 03:41 AM
Hm. This is really interesting, biblegirl. I've never noticed anything change in myself from consuming garlic before, but I do know that eating in general can lower spiritual connection and 'psychic' ability. That's why fasting is prescribed for cleansing the mind and body and soul. I feel so much healthier when I fast.

I also eat a lot of garlic and onions when I do eat. I don't think it could hurt to try cutting them out of my diet for a bit and see what happens.

This also reminds me of a part in the Qur'an that describes the Exodus of Moses and his people. God sent them manna and quails to eat when they were journeying, but they weren't satisfied with it, so they said:

"O Moses! we cannot endure one kind of food (always); so beseech thy Lord for us to produce for us of what the earth groweth, - its pot-herbs, and cucumbers, Its garlic, lentils, and onions." He said: "Will ye exchange the better for the worse? Go ye down to any town, and ye shall find what ye want!"

It's really interesting to me that those things are considered worse than the manna and quail birds.

Really makes me think that there might be something to this.

biblegirl
17-12-2010, 04:40 AM
thank you for that reference let it shine, interesting indeed!

let it shine
17-12-2010, 05:04 AM
Is that part in the Bible too? Or any other references to garlic?

Edit:

Ah, Google!

Garlic is mentioned only once in the Bible, but it is done so in a way that makes the reader very much aware of how much the person speaking cherished it. "We remember the fish which we used to eat free in Egypt, the cucumbers, the melons and the leeks and the onions and the garlic". Numbers 11:5.

batou
17-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Onions and garlic are disgusting. In WV people eat ramps and sweat out the stench. It's nasty. Fuck all that.

engelsblume
17-12-2010, 10:51 AM
I know a local guy who sells organic grown garlic and makes some sort of a garlic whiskey or something with it. And people have been thanking him left and right because they got rid of their illnesses. And there was one lady thanking him because his recipes cured her daughter from cancer.

One of my family members went to see the guy this week and it was so hard to get to him. LOADS of people falling over each other to get his products.

So from what I've seen and heard I don't think it's bad. But who knows nowadays anymore. :confused:

truthseeker1980
17-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Deadly nightshade is a natural vegetable too. Still has an effect on your health.

You're missing the point. Most cheese isn't particularly processed either. We're not talking cheese spread here, or cheese flavoured crisps.. Milk too. It's not a particularly 'processed' food stuff.

Yeh deadly nightshade, the clue is in it's name, deadly.

No I'm not really missing the point you are with regards to what I meant by processed.

Not processed as in chicken nuggets or hamburger cheese, even tho it does mean the same, i mean processed as having been through a proces which changes it from what it was originally.

All milk unless you drink it from the cows teet is processed, Cows Milk is not supposed to be ingested by humans anyway, so am surprised this is in that diet. Whereas garlic and onions isn't.

All cheese is processed, it's been through a process to make it cheese from milk, changed from what it was originaly, again it's 'COWS' milk so not supposed to be ingested by humans.

bread even if you bake your own is processed, the wheat has been changed from it's natural state into flour so is processed.

This is what reiki teaches to try and avoid processed foods, such as bread, pasta, milk....

Hindu's DO NOT avoid garlic and onions. India is a mainly Hindu country and invented the curry, have you ever had or heard of a curry with no onions or garlic in it? India is one of the most spiritual countries on the planet yet they live off garlic and onions.

armoured_amazon
17-12-2010, 12:04 PM
I also eat a lot of garlic and onions when I do eat. I don't think it could hurt to try cutting them out of my diet for a bit and see what happens.

It can't hurt to try. I, however, went from regular onion & garlic intake to none at all for a month, because I had no money for food, and didn't see an iota of difference in my spirituality, psychic awareness or dreams. As soon as I got some money, first thing I did was get my onions and garlic - they're the basis of every meal round here!

tornado
17-12-2010, 01:19 PM
The flight surgeon would come around every month and remind all of us: "Don't you dare touch any garlic 72 hours before you fly one of our airplanes, because it'll double or triple your reaction time. You're three times slower than you would be if you'd [not] had a few drops of garlic."
This is due to the anti-stress effect of garlic, it is like a calmant.

mountain
17-12-2010, 03:47 PM
It can't hurt to try. I, however, went from regular onion & garlic intake to none at all for a month, because I had no money for food, and didn't see an iota of difference in my spirituality, psychic awareness or dreams. As soon as I got some money, first thing I did was get my onions and garlic - they're the basis of every meal round here!

Me too! I love them both :)

zsymon
17-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Everything that person said about garlic and onions, is complete rubbish.

Garlic and onions have a cleansing and protecting effect for dark energy. It
disempowers darkness in some instances, so if there is a temple that forbids
garlic or onion, then that means that temple is using dark energies in their
rituals. If there is a reiki healer or shaman warning about garlic, then they
are involved with negative, dark energy practices.. OR they just don't know
any better.. they were told by someone and they believed it blindly.

If your intentions are loving, then garlic and onion can be used to empower
your psychic abilities of healing and cleansing, as it helps to prevent dark
energy from messing with you.

So for those who thrive on darkness, garlic is bad news, for those who thrive
on love and healing, garlic is very helpful. This is probably also where the
myth about vampires being allergic to garlic comes from, since garlic has a
great weakening effect on those that use dark energies.

Point is, don't trust anyone who says garlic weakens your abilities, because
he is most likely involved with dark energies and black magic. If you have
love in your heart, if you want to heal rather than cause suffering, then
garlic will empower your psychic abilities, rather than weaken them.

jim77
17-12-2010, 04:34 PM
i dont eat garlic myself because i find it repulsive, it stinks, but my mother always says she cant sleep when she eats it, she still eats it though.

edelweiss pirate
17-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Everything that person said about garlic and onions, is complete rubbish.

Garlic and onions have a cleansing and protecting effect for dark energy. It
disempowers darkness in some instances

Pot kettle black.....

How pray tell does garlic disempower darkness?

I know they're called garlic BULBS but they don't help you see in the dark budski.

You talk a lot of what some people might call 'rubbish' yourself so don't be so quick to throw that word around.

I think the OP has a point. Like I say, it's hardly a new idea, the idea that onions and garlic has a 'stimulating' effect on the body is not new. But perhaps if one was seeking a meditative and transcending frame of mind physical stimulation would be the last thing you would want.

Get it?

biblegirl
17-12-2010, 05:28 PM
I used to put garlic and onion in almost EVERYTHING I made, especially garlic. I love the taste of those oven roated cloves yum yum. Anyway when I decided to stop eating it for a month then resumed, I realized a few things.

1. onions seem to overwhelm your tear ducts and can make slicing them up quite miserable. Why? If onions are good for us, why should it have this effect, as if our body were trying to get poison out of its system?

2. cutting garlic or onions in the kitchen seems to contaminate EVERYTHING smell-wise. Can't get the smell out of my fingers, or the cutting board, or the countertop where a piece fell, or the washcloth that I used to clean the countertop afterward. The only way that smell seemed to truly go away is after mulitiple washings. I almost felt like it "ruined" some of my washcloths because I couldn't get the smell out after cleaning up with it. So in the OP, Robert Beck mentions that it permeates your whole body rather fast, to where you can smell it on your hand if you apply it to your foot.

3. Garlic can burn you. Why? If it is good for us, why would it burn and blister our skin from direct application?

4. Why do we reek (body odor and breath) after having garlic for one night? I did not notice this so much until I stopped eating garlic then had it once. It was so gross, I didn't want to even be around myself :eek:.

edit: 5. Garlic and onion is used in almost all seasonings for junk foods and processed foods. You realize this when you want to try abstaining for garlic for a while. It's in BBQ sauce, salad dressing, most kinds of dipping sauce, taco seasoning, teriaki sauce, alfredo sauce, spaghetti sauce, used to season meat, fried batter, etc. etc. I would say the average American gets huge doses of garlic just eating crap processed foods and restaraunt food. Surely this is an "inferior" form of garlic, since it is processed. You can still taste it though, and it can still make you smell really bad. Just food for thought.

My point is that these things do not seem characteristic of a food that is BENEFICIAL for us healthwise. I am interested to hear what other people think of these things.

armoured_amazon
17-12-2010, 05:35 PM
I used to put garlic and onion in almost EVERYTHING I made, especially garlic. I love the taste of those oven roated cloves yum yum. Anyway when I decided to stop eating it for a month then resumed, I realized a few things.

1. onions seem to overwhelm your tear ducts and can make slicing them up quite miserable. Why? If onions are good for us, why should it have this effect, as if our body were trying to get poison out of its system?

I can honestly say I've never cried cutting onions. My mum does, so I think it's a combination of variety of onion and personal biochemistry. :)

2. cutting garlic or onions in the kitchen seems to contaminate EVERYTHING smell-wise. Can't get the smell out of my fingers, or the cutting board, or the countertop where a piece fell, or the washcloth that I used to clean the countertop afterward. The only way that smell seemed to truly go away is after mulitiple washings. I almost felt like it "ruined" some of my washcloths because I couldn't get the smell out after cleaning up with it. So in the OP, Robert Beck mentions that it permeates your whole body rather fast, to where you can smell it on your hand if you apply it to your foot....My point is that these things do not seem characteristic of a food that is BENEFICIAL for us healthwise. I am interested to hear what other people think of these things.

LOL stop eating it, then.

zsymon
17-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Pot kettle black.....

How pray tell does garlic disempower darkness?

I know they're called garlic BULBS but they don't help you see in the dark budski.

You talk a lot of what some people might call 'rubbish' yourself so don't be so quick to throw that word around.

I think the OP has a point. Like I say, it's hardly a new idea, the idea that onions and garlic has a 'stimulating' effect on the body is not new. But perhaps if one was seeking a meditative and transcending frame of mind physical stimulation would be the last thing you would want.

Get it?

Garlic disempowers negative forces the same way white sage
smoke cleanses yourself or your home from negative forces.

That is why some temples don't just advise against garlic, they
actually forbid it.

But I agree, I shouldn't have called it rubbish.

truthseeker1980
17-12-2010, 07:02 PM

They don't overwhlem the tear ducts, it happens when you cut the onion and the juice sprays into your eyes, you dont realise it but that is what has happened, citrus fruits have the same effect, it's just you never cut them up like onions so wouldn't experience , ever peeled an orange and got some in your eye? Same thing happens.

2. cutting garlic or onions in the kitchen seems to contaminate EVERYTHING smell-wise. Can't get the smell out of my fingers, or the cutting board, or the countertop where a piece fell, or the washcloth that I used to clean the countertop afterward. The only way that smell seemed to truly go away is after mulitiple washings. I almost felt like it "ruined" some of my washcloths because I couldn't get the smell out after cleaning up with it. So in the OP, Robert Beck mentions that it permeates your whole body rather fast, to where you can smell it on your hand if you apply it to your foot.

Anything strong flavoured or scented does.

3. Garlic can burn you. Why? If it is good for us, why would it burn and blister our skin from direct application?

Where did you hear this? This is absolute crap. If that were the case you would have blistered fingers evertime you cut up a clove of garlic.

Last year I had a wart on my hand, I didn't want to use phramacuticals/chemicals to get rid of it, so looked into alternatives, garlic was the most popular on the net, so i would apply some cut garlic on my skin around the wart and on top of it, i even went to sleep with it selotaped to my hand.

I got no burns or blisters and guess what it got rid of my wart too.

4. Why do we reek (body odor and breath) after having garlic for one night? I did not notice this so much until I stopped eating garlic then had it once. It was so gross, I didn't want to even be around myself :eek:.

It's a strong flavour, doesn't mean it's bad.

edit: 5. Garlic and onion is used in almost all seasonings for junk foods and processed foods. You realize this when you want to try abstaining for garlic for a while. It's in BBQ sauce, salad dressing, most kinds of dipping sauce, taco seasoning, teriaki sauce, alfredo sauce, spaghetti sauce, used to season meat, fried batter, etc. etc. I would say the average American gets huge doses of garlic just eating crap processed foods and restaraunt food. Surely this is an "inferior" form of garlic, since it is processed. You can still taste it though, and it can still make you smell really bad. Just food for thought.

My point is that these things do not seem characteristic of a food that is BENEFICIAL for us healthwise. I am interested to hear what other people think of these things.

Not sure why you come to that conclusion.

edelweiss pirate
17-12-2010, 07:07 PM
I got no burns or blisters and guess what it got rid of my wart too.

I used garlic to get rid of a verucca, it was the only thing that worked...it blistered and burnt the surrounding skin though.

Thing is if you drink a lot of beer, smoke fags and drink coffee then dropping garlic will probably make no difference, if however you're trying to purify your body and rid it of the effects of stimulants of all kinds then I suspect dropping garlic will do you a bit of noticeable good.

It's a stimulant clearly. It's known for this effect. Like I say, if you want to have a meditative and spiritual experience, you should avoid stimulants. Just common sense.

biblegirl
17-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Where did you hear this? This is absolute crap. If that were the case you would have blistered fingers evertime you cut up a clove of garlic.

it doesn't burn you every time you touch it :rolleyes:

and i didn't hear it, i experienced it for myself :p also used garlic cloves in the outer ear to kill ear infections but if you leave it on too long it burns and blisters

i am surprised you did not experience this with direct application overnight, but i don't doubt you either ;)

zsymon
17-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I used to place a bowl of sliced onion in my room to clear up runny nose,
worked like a charm.

Garlic and onion are definitely some of the most useful and healthy plants.
In the war, the russians ran out of peniciline, and used garlic instead, to
great effect. Garlic, like honey, is a powerful anti bacterial.. garlic saved
many lives.

bluebunny
17-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Interesting...Ive been practicing reiki for 15 years and I remember my reiki master telling me not to eat any garlic before my attunements.I guess i always put it down to superstition. I know the hare krisnas dont use it because its considered to be a stimulant and not conducive to meditation but who knows?? If it does flood the brain blood barrier then Id consider not using it.

Ive always taken a clove of garlic if I felt I was coming down with a cold and its really effective so I certainly wouldnt dismiss it for medicinal purposes.But given that its supposed to be as effective as any broad spectrum antibiotic maybe it should be used with more caution rather than everyday?

biblegirl
17-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Thank you for posting bluebunny, it is nice to have someone verify the thing about reiki and garlic, at least that it might be a common idea.

I am still trying to figure all this out, and I'm not dismissing it's medicinal uses because I used it as a treatment for many years and I know it works. I have the book on garlic and onions, natures antibiotics, and it's a great book. Also it's of course in many of my other herbal books. One particularly effective example, is as a treatment for children with whooping cough, to put a garlic poultice on the soles of the feet and leave on overnight in the socks, and is almost guaranteed to get rid of whooping cough within 24 hours (if you catch it pretty early). This is obviously preferable IMO to hospitals and antibiotics, and it's cheaper and more practical anyway. So when it came down to it, if I had a baby with whooping cough I would likely use this tried and true remedy before others. It could be this is where some of the "garlic repels evil spirits" idea came from, since people all through time have connected sickness with evil spirits.

I would love for someone to debunk all that I posted in the OP. So far I think the "evidence" points to it being accurate, but I am happy to change my mind if people can confirm the opposite, most especially the spiritual aspect. I guess the bright side is (if this is true), the doctor guy in the video said the shamans and channelers regain their abilities after a day or two. So it's really not the end of the world if you have garlic sometimes!

batou
17-12-2010, 11:12 PM
I know you guys will be disappointed but I don't want to visit any of you.
Unless you're having evil for dinner.

tornado
17-12-2010, 11:21 PM
In the war, the russians ran out of peniciline, and used garlic instead, to
great effect. Garlic, like honey, is a powerful anti bacterial.. garlic saved
many lives.

...and also for tifus, disentery, and used in hospitals as antyseptic to stop septicemy and gangreen of the war wounds.
For meditation purpose no food is required, only water.

musten
18-12-2010, 01:49 AM
While searching for DIY plans for colloidal silver makers, I came across this video by Dr. Robert Beck, who explains that while people are using his electromagnetic treatment, they absolutely cannot have any garlic.

Complete fraud.

Man's skin turns dark blue - YouTube

armoured_amazon
18-12-2010, 02:16 AM
Interesting...Ive been practicing reiki for 15 years and I remember my reiki master telling me not to eat any garlic before my attunements.

Well, that clearly ties in with the bad energy v garlic that someone (zsymon?)mentioned earlier. Every single person I've known practice reiki has several dark entities around them. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Not saying the practitioners are bad, just the energies they use and are used by. And no, I'm not hallucinating, because I've checked with third parties.

biblegirl
18-12-2010, 04:59 AM
Complete fraud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa2OpNTX9Ck

ah yes the blue man

unfortunately this has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread topic :p

dawnbreak
18-12-2010, 05:39 AM
I dont know one Hindu who avoids garlic or onions. Not one.

Absolute garbage!!!!

I do!

I learnt about onions and garlic and various other underground tubler vegetables being taboo via a hindu girl.

To say hindu's don't avoid garlic and onions is simply wrong

Should we avoid them who knows but there at sheds loads of hindus who do

bluebunny
18-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Well, that clearly ties in with the bad energy v garlic that someone (zsymon?)mentioned earlier. Every single person I've known practice reiki has several dark entities around them. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Not saying the practitioners are bad, just the energies they use and are used by. And no, I'm not hallucinating, because I've checked with third parties.

Lol,:confused: reiki is a beautiful healing energy,it is simply a vibration of love and it is impossible to use it for anything but good.There are some christians who disapprove of reiki in the same way that they disapprove of spiritualist mediums,they dont like people doing things for themselves and reclaiming their own power.So we hear these scare stories from time to time.
Anyone who opens themselves up to do energy work,whether its reiki or anything else,is potentially opening themselves up to dark energy,which is why we should always invoke protection.In fact it is a good idea to invoke protection on a daily basis.I dont mean in a fearful way,but just in the same way that you wouldnt leave the house without checking your front door was locked. The problem is that a lot of people forget to do this. Also I have seen reiki students forget to close down after a healing session and this is also very bad practice.
Its true that a lot of students see reiki as merely some form of alternative therapy while ignoring their spiritual growth and the responsibilities that go with it,and this can sometimes cause problems.In fact reiki can greatly accelerate your spiritual growth.Speaking for myself it has bought me nothing but good and given me the oppourtunity to help a lot of people and animals.
By the way it is not a general rule in reiki circles that garlic should not be used before attunements,Ive never seen it written anywhere in the teachings.I think it was just the personal preference of my first teacher,maybe because garlic is a stimulant.We were also asked to abstain from tea,coffee and alcohol.

zsymon
19-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Bluebunny, there are definitely many, many reiki practitioners who are using
very dark energies. The symbols reiki uses connects directly with some very
negative entities and energies.

It's possible to use reiki in a benevolent way, if you refrain from using the
symbols and attunements. If you do not get any attunements and if you do
not use the symbols, then it's possible to use reiki in its pure form, without
any of the contamination. However even then it is still like a patch, it can
not actually heal a wound, it can only offer temporary symptom relief.

bluebunny
19-12-2010, 02:04 PM

Could you please explain??The only evidence there is of these rumours seems to be 'channelled', there is no proof at all.
I know that Usui did not originally use the symbols and that technically they are not needed,personally when I practice I never feel the need to use them.But whats actually wrong with them,if you have some information about their origins that is not general knowledge then Id be very interested.
The energy involved in reiki is ki,or chi,it is something we all have already within us,and it does not work by adding anything,but rather by balancing out the bodies own energies allowing the body to heal itself.All healing comes from within.In fact it is no different from the healing anyone can be trained to do whether we call it reiki or not.Ive seen people who have been cured or at least seen an improvement of all kinds of chronic health problems using reiki.I have also seen people for whom reiki has been no help at all,who knows,maybe their problem was something they chose or they werent ready to be healed.I myself used to suffer from a frozen shoulder,it wasnt really bad but it did bother me,and that disappeared overnight after my first attunement.I dont claim to understand reiki completely but I have more than enough personal proof that it is beneficial on all levels.If you want to reply to this Zsymon could you please pm me as its a bit off topic,thanks

musten
20-12-2010, 12:05 AM
ah yes the blue man
unfortunately this has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread topic :p

That man became addicted and turned blue because of drinking water as sold by Robert Beck. You just came across google videos search and gave credit to that 2 hours long video of him, probably just because he called himself Dr. "His electromagnetic treatment" is a complete fraud as so is he and all what he says. So I was saying that you were concerned for nothing. There is no reason for losing trust in yourself, so be sure again about garlic and onions. You are the only one who knows what is better for you.

And I think reiki is another fraud too.

biblegirl
20-12-2010, 12:24 AM
That man became addicted and turned blue because of drinking water as sold by Robert Beck. You just came across google videos search and gave credit to that 2 hours long video of him, probably just because he called himself Dr. "His electromagnetic treatment" is a complete fraud as so is he and all what he says. So I was saying that you were concerned for nothing. There is no reason for losing trust in yourself, so be sure again about garlic and onions. You are the only one who knows what is better for you.

And I think reiki is another fraud too.

Hello, no that guy has nothing to do with Robert Beck although he did mention it in the Q&A at the end of the video, as to why this happened and what the guy was doing wrong. It had nothing to do with the correct manufacture and use of colloidal silver. I don't remember the exact explanation he gave in the Q&A, but it's within the last 15 minutes if you are interested :).

The Blue Man Fraud

By now nearly everyone has seen the story about Paul Karason who the news media has dubbed "The Blue Man". Although the news media has continually said that he was taking colloidal silver, nothing could be further from the truth. The Blue Man story became a major media disinformation event which was produced by a public relations firm and paid for by a pharmaceutical interest. The purpose of this campaign was to scare the public away from using colloidal silver products. The tactic was to claim that the Blue Man's condition was caused by his use of colloidal silver thus implying that anyone who uses colloidal silver would suffer a similar fate. The entire story as presented is a study in blatant misrepresentation. The fact is that Paul has a condition called argyria that turns the skin a blue-gray color. He got this condition by taking his homemade silver compound that was mostly a highly concentrated ionic silver solution. When he prepared the solution he believed he was making colloidal silver. He was not making colloidal silver. To make the solution even more dangerous, he added salt to the brew and then used electrolysis to make a high concentration of silver chloride with large particles which is well known to cause argyria. He further applied the compound to his skin causing him to become an internal and external photographic plate. To finish himself off, he used a tanning bed to "fix" the silver in his body. The moral of the story is to know the difference between true colloidal silver and ionic silver or silver proteins, and don't try to make either at home! (True colloidal silver cannot be made at home.)
http://www.purestcolloids.com/blue-man.php

No one has turned blue from Robert Becks design, if they had you could be sure the media would be all over it.

truthseeker1980
20-12-2010, 12:20 PM
I do!

I learnt about onions and garlic and various other underground tubler vegetables being taboo via a hindu girl.

To say hindu's don't avoid garlic and onions is simply wrong

Should we avoid them who knows but there at sheds loads of hindus who do

I grew up in north west london, in the UK's largest Hindu population and have not met one who avoids onions or garlic.

I've attended a hindu wedding and the religous people who did the ceremony ate the food which was on offer, which all had onions and garlic in.

So kind of guessed hindu's dont avoid onions or garlic.

It's impossible to with their diets of contemporary indian/pakistani/south east asian food, which is all about onions, garlic and spices.

It's not like jews or muslims avoiding pork.

Hindu's definitely eat far more onions and garlic than other religions as a whole, if you were to compare say an avarage Hindu's garlic/onions intake, to an average european christian's garlic/onion inake(not UK or Ire as we eat loadsa curry).
The hindu would eat more.. I'd say a lot more.

So that's why i say it's wrong.

zsymon
20-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Could you please explain??The only evidence there is of these rumours seems to be 'channelled', there is no proof at all.
I know that Usui did not originally use the symbols and that technically they are not needed,personally when I practice I never feel the need to use them.But whats actually wrong with them,if you have some information about their origins that is not general knowledge then Id be very interested.
The energy involved in reiki is ki,or chi,it is something we all have already within us,and it does not work by adding anything,but rather by balancing out the bodies own energies allowing the body to heal itself.All healing comes from within.In fact it is no different from the healing anyone can be trained to do whether we call it reiki or not.Ive seen people who have been cured or at least seen an improvement of all kinds of chronic health problems using reiki.I have also seen people for whom reiki has been no help at all,who knows,maybe their problem was something they chose or they werent ready to be healed.I myself used to suffer from a frozen shoulder,it wasnt really bad but it did bother me,and that disappeared overnight after my first attunement.I dont claim to understand reiki completely but I have more than enough personal proof that it is beneficial on all levels.If you want to reply to this Zsymon could you please pm me as its a bit off topic,thanks

Me and my friends have come in contact with reiki practitioners, and even
though my ability to spiritually 'see' is still limited, one of my friends is able
to see the truth behind the energies being used.

Often when one of my friends comes in contact with a healer, I will ask my
friend to check for the energies, and he will tell me what he sees afterwards.
With many reiki practitioners, he saw that shadow-like beings became active
the moment the practitioner used the symbols, and dark strands of energy
would connect with the practitioner as well as his client.

My friend noticed the same with some Muslim prayers. His family is Muslim and
often when they do certain rituals or prayers, he would see negative energy
and dark beings swirl around and connect with the food or the objects that
were involved.. he always had to disconnect everything afterwards. I reckon
it is the same with many religious rituals.

Symbols are often connected with specific entities or energies, and when you
invoke those symbols, you connect with those energies or entities. That is
why occultism knows many symbols.. symbols are like a tool to help people
connect with the energies and entities.

Originally, reiki was a form of Light healing, without any negativity connected
to it what so ever, and reiki can still be used like that. However it became
corrupted through time, and now it is difficult to avoid connecting with dark
energies and entities. However if you follow your heart and do what you feel
is right, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with reiki, and you can use it
to help yourself and to help others.

There's nothing wrong with real reiki, it can be a wonderful tool to give people
temporary symptom relief. It cannot heal wounds or remove blockages in a
permanent way, but it can give people much needed, temporary relief. Just
make sure you follow your heart, rather than blindly follow the books or the
teachers.. do what you feel is right, and everything will be as it should be.

If you want, I can send you a file about Light healing, you can use that with
reiki together if you want, to achieve greater effect and more long term relief.
It is very simple, it doesn't involve symbols or anything.. it is a healing method
based on increasing the connection between you, your client and the Creator.
It's designed to make it impossible to use corrupted energies and methods and
it is a great supportive addition for reiki. Most importantly it will make sure the
reiki energies you use, are the real reiki energies.. the pure, original ones.

armoured_amazon
20-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Me and my friends have come in contact with reiki practitioners, and even though my ability to spiritually 'see' is still limited, one of my friends is able to see the truth behind the energies being used....it is difficult to avoid connecting with dark energies and entities.

This. And the reason I always check with friends (two in particular) is because I'm still always second-guessing my abilities, whereas they confidently use them. I ask what do they see, and it's always what I see. I don't see reiki as positive in any way, though many practitioners often think they're doing good. Healing can be done in other ways, by other energies. I'm a natural healer, but my experiences with people around me using reiki stopped me using my healing altogether, because I was questioning where it came from. Now I realise it comes directly from the Creator and if and when I need to use it, I will. Coincidentally, lots of people who have shadow beings hanging around - because they don't just trot off when the reiki session's finished - are drained/ill/depressed etc.

zsymon
20-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah, the Light healing I use is basically just increasing Light connection
between me, the person I want to heal, and the Creator. I don't use my
own energy to heal, because I don't want to load my own pain on others,
but I allow the Creator's energy to flow through me, to the other person,
or in some cases go straight to the person I want to help, depending on
the type of energy I am asking for.

For example, protection energies go straight to the person, while rerverse
protection goes straight to the dark entities around the person, while real
healing energies flow through the healer and then into the person.

Where as protection and reverse protection are always maximum strength,
how much healing can flow through you into the other person, depends
on your vibrational energy, which is the capacity your body has for Light
to flow through it. Every act of love, increases this capacity.. so the more
you live within love and compassion, the better your healing will become.

Through healing, your vibrational energy increases, through that increase,
your healing becomes better and more effective, and again your vibrational
energy keeps increasing. As it keeps increasing, you will start reconnecting
with your innate, individual, unique healing gifts, and this will allow you to
do even more healing. Many healers have specific, unique gifts that most
others don't have.. so everyone has their own, unique task, dependant on
their unique abilities.

The more you do healing, the more you live in love, the faster you will unlock
your own abilities, much like in a RPG, and the more you can do for others.

biblegirl
03-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Well, had some garlic in my dinner last night (chicken burritos, yum yum) and when I went to bed had some DEFINITE spiritual activity and chakra sensations, audible stuff, visual stuff, the works. It was the first night I slept next to my biggest quartz crystal and I felt the crystal had something to do with it. But the point is, the garlic obviously did not prevent me from having those experiences, or I wouldn't have had them. Just wanted to give an update :).

armoured_amazon
03-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Well, had some garlic in my dinner last night (chicken burritos, yum yum) and when I went to bed had some DEFINITE spiritual activity and chakra sensations, audible stuff, visual stuff, the works. It was the first night I slept next to my biggest quartz crystal and I felt the crystal had something to do with it. But the point is, the garlic obviously did not prevent me from having those experiences, or I wouldn't have had them. Just wanted to give an update :).

Mmmmm sounds tasty. In an effort to hasten my recovery, I ate a raw clove the other day. I never expected it to burn so much hahaha but it definitely helped me breathe :D Since being full of flu I haven't remembered any dreams, but because I've been drinking so much water, I've been awake every couple of hours and probably not entered REM for very long.

chrysoprase
03-01-2011, 10:22 PM
For whatever it is worth; I worked at a spa in Sedona, Arizona where there were a few Reiki practitioners.

After working there awhile and getting to know them on a personal basis by spending time with them outside of work - I learned that they were Luciferians.

So, just like most professions, people who practice Reiki come in all sorts of beliefs and personalities. Maybe some Reiki workers don't want the "interference" that garlic can provide? Maybe they want the person they are working on to be a completely open vessel?

I agree with the premise that there is a reason that garlic has been used for centuries to ward off evil spirits. I think it is more than an old wives tale; and that maybe for some who are very psychic or who attract various types of spirits, garlic would be good for the physical and spiritual bodies.

People who don't usually partake of garlic can experience an upset when garlic is taken in quantity. The accumulated toxins that are embedded in tissue start to loosen up in the body, getting ready to be expelled (making a person feel ill).

This might cause a temporary reduction in psychic activity. The body is going through a needed healing of sorts and "quiet" time would be advisable anyways.

Of course, if there are fewer toxins in the body, then the "upset" factor would not occur. Nor would there be a curtailment in psychic activity.

Who knows, maybe there could be spiritiual upsets too, if any attached entities that have gotten comfortable with a host, could kick up a fuss when faced with a garlic eviction.

Probably, it all has to be based on a person to person evaluation. Just like some people, at certain vulnerable times in their lives, should abstain from OBEs or the raising or activitating of the kundalini.

(these are just my opinions and beliefs - not hardcore facts - obviously!)

And old wives cure for earache is to slice an onion and place it on the ear to draw out impurities. I have also read that some people (depending on their skin type) can rub garlic on a pimple to draw out the pus. One time I tried it and it worked. I suggested an Asian friend of mine try it on a massive zit that she had and it got rid of the zit but burned her skin in the process.

P.S. I just wanted to add that I came to know exactly what the Luciferians that I worked with believed in and wanted for mankind/earth and it was not (imo) benovelent or loving.

passerbye999
06-01-2011, 08:13 PM
the consumption of certain foods or beverages is neither here nor there in meditation or spirituality they are for health. A healthy body a healthy mind. In chinese medicine garlic onions and ginger are powerful yang medicine used for balancing out the yin. The use of stimulants for meditation is not wrong. Boddhidharma it is said drank tea and used toothpicks to keep his eyes open and focused to endure his long hours of meditation. if there is no focus or concentration in meditation it is useless anyway. Again a healthy body a focused mind. It is a about balance. I eat the three as much as possible and lots of peppers. you get a euphoric buzz from them just like the after affect of eating a good meal of sushi. thats how you know it is good food and you have eaten well. these things wake up the mind now it is ready for meditation a dull or sleepy mind should never meditate it is a waste of time.

Then again there is purposeful meditation and new age meditaion(astral projection etc.)and their needs I suppose are different in one you want to be asleep the other awake. I don't agree with new age meditation think it's a load of crap simply my opinion and I don't mean to insult anyone or their beliefs. reiki is not nei dan or internal alchemy and dimensional traveling serves no purpose. reminds me of the movie "inception" only useful to confuse yourself on reality or mess with someone elses. that is evil in my book.

I am a chi kung master I don't drink alchohol though do like weed and or tabbacco once in a while. eat meat but in small quantities and love fried spicy food, curries and stir fries all include garlic, onions, ginger. But garlic and onions on everything. salads balance all that madness out. my main and almost only beverages are tea and water. what I am saying is that I am normal but can still do amazing things with chi(my mind). So no worries be happy and live life all this nonsense about what to eat or not is speculation only. someones opinion(who usually knows nothing in the first place) which always just muddies the truth. O I forgot pickles and olives are my candy. I love salt I exersize a lot which means I sweat a lot of fluid out so salt intake is important LIKE A PREGNANT WOMAN I SIMPLY FOLLOW MY BODIES CRAVINGS. I avoid products developed by scientists to supplement what I can intake naturally through time tested methods of preperations of natural food.

I say all this because unlike people who can just talk I can do. I am not a doctor but use my chi for healing(self) and combat everyday. I could use it to heal others but it is better to teach them to heal themselves.
Peace

les_paul_robot
06-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Keith Richards, a man who should be clinically dead, said he eats a raw onion everyday.
I think I'll go with that.

ashangel
09-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Ok to weigh in some experience on this thread some of you may have seen some of my post where I describe insanely intense insights etc and one hell of a learning curve, I have been avoiding raw onion and garlic (which I love) well earlier I had a cheese and onion sandwhich and was like "fuck it". and Put loads of raw onion in. which I thoroughly enjoyed. :D

It's something I now regret, it definitely had a negative effect on me which is, now 3 hours later, beginning to wear off, suffice to say lesson learned but it is wearing off it doesn't seem permanent (thank fuck for that lol I was worried for a bit) , as for Garlic I have no Idea but I keep getting cravings for it (maybe I'm just hooked lol), in the supermarket I kept walking over to it but kept my discipline ( I wanted to test out what is stated here in this thread) and do it on an individual basis. rather than discuss to and fro.

Just my lil' bit of input.

chrysoprase
09-01-2011, 01:20 AM
It's something I now regret, it definitely had a negative effect on me which is, now 3 hours later, beginning to wear off,
What kind of negative effect, ashangel?

ashangel
09-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Like flicking an off switch, it was quite disheartening, but this may be just my own particular DNA's reaction to it. now that I think of it my sensitivity had greatly increased since avoiding it, for the purpose of testing. It did seem to heavily affect my particular abilities though (highly empathic and intuitive, with weaker random outbursts of others). Though with that said the constant crown chakra pressure remains but the constant pineal pressure went away. (but then most would probably wretch at how much raw onion I used to eat, and put in that sandwich) It could have been a coincidence but I don't really believe in fairy tales anymore. :rolleyes:

But this is probably just me. I say we trial by experiment and settle this through numbers. Truthfully and in a scientific manner. it requires abstaining form both though for about two weeks, well I did anyway. seems to be enough time. in that time though I had been drinking plenty of cranberry juice and given up meat permanently so take that as you will.

Like I said though no idea about garlic yet but I'll give it a miss for tonight and wait a few days first. (wish me luck :( ) I'll report back. I must be stupid... but I want to know what can empower me and what to avoid.

I personally think that all food carries its own individual frequency and that not all are good.

chrysoprase
09-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Very interesting, ashangel. Thank you for that reply.

Yes, it is worth experimenting with and seeing what the results are!

Personally, I have had psychic experiences whilst having garlic in my bloodstream (onions too). Could be an individual thing - as you say. I have Italian ancestry if that means anything?

metacomet
09-01-2011, 06:05 AM
Mmmmm sounds tasty. In an effort to hasten my recovery, I ate a raw clove the other day. I never expected it to burn so much hahaha but it definitely helped me breathe :D

Oh man, cloves of garlic are on par with the hottest pepper for sure. For some sick reason I enjoyed chomping into cloves raw.

I really stopped with garlic after I heard about them damaging spiritual abilities but biblegirls newest update has me wondering...

christ4life
09-01-2011, 07:23 AM
The only damage garlic, and onion will give you is bad breath, and no date.

christ4life
09-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Interesting what you said though vampires avoid it as well. Could be stinky smells keeps the bad spirits away which isn't such a bad thing.

ashangel
12-01-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm going to give the garlic (whole clove) a shot within a couple of days when I find the time to get to my local market. so I'll let peeps know what happened.

The "onion effect" has worn off (next day it was still in effect, but that was a good sized chunk), but I'm still wondering if that really was it? The only way to be sure I guess would be to repeat the process.

I hope the garlic does something positive after a break from it, as I have quite a liking for the stuff.

hadaka_jimmy
15-01-2011, 11:25 AM
'The Buddha explains how the "Five Pungent Spices", including garlic and onions, are forbidden:

Beings who seek samadhi should refrain from eating [the] five pungent plants of this world. If these five are eaten cooked, they increase one's sexual desire; if they are eaten raw, they increase one's anger.'

I love onions and garlic though. :)

jimj_wpg
18-01-2011, 04:32 AM
People around me always say onion and especially garlic are good for your imunitary system and make you strong, ussualy the old ones and i must say that people that live in a country side they tend to eat more garlic and they sure seem more healtyer than city people, maybe its just what i noticed but they dnt catch so many deases as others , again just my opinion

Maybe it's because they don't chemtrail as much in the countryside as much as they do in the metropolitan areas.

biblegirl
18-01-2011, 04:41 AM
'The Buddha explains how the "Five Pungent Spices", including garlic and onions, are forbidden:

Beings who seek samadhi should refrain from eating [the] five pungent plants of this world. If these five are eaten cooked, they increase one's sexual desire; if they are eaten raw, they increase one's anger.'

I love onions and garlic though. :)

hmm that is interesting, thank you :)

18-01-2011, 11:53 AM
During group meditation in a small room I always advised not to eat garlic or onion before a meditation as this was not so pleasant to those in the room who hadn't :)

onourway
19-01-2011, 08:19 AM
I was burping garlic as I read this entire thread last night(my mom and I went out got italian last night). After 100 posts nothing close to a definitive consensus about the first post...just about as many different ideas and opinions as posters. One things for sure though.....about 98% love their garlic!!!:)

armoured_amazon
19-01-2011, 08:29 AM
I always come back to this thread the way a teenage boy returns to his dad's porn stash.

zsymon
19-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Garlic and onions are a threat to spiritual darkness.. they enhance benevolent
spiritual abilities. Garlic and onion are banned from some temples and spiritual
communities, because those temples work with negative energy and darkness.

Garlic and onion are very helpful for those that work with Light and love, but
are a threat to those who work with darkness and spiritual negativity, because
garlic and onions work very firmly, almost harshly, to disempower darkness.

Garlic and onions are beings that do not tolerate darkness causing harm.

beldazar
19-01-2011, 10:34 AM
I haven't read all you post biblegirl but I just wanted to comment on this..

it is also the best organic insect killer, too, is there a reason why no bug will eat garlic or any of the onion family...because it kills them.

That is complete rubbish, for the last two years my onions have been decimated by the onion fly :rolleyes:

http://www.garden-grower.com/growing-vegetables/onion-fly.shtml

Why would he say that? To try and enhance what he is saying?

I'm very doubtful bout this, the 'warding off of vampires' was told for a reason.

I DO know that it makes people smell. for 3 years I haven't been wearing any deodorant and theonly time I can smell myself (:o :o) is when I have eaten a lot of garlic or onion the day before.

energi
19-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Keith Richards, a man who should be clinically dead, said he eats a raw onion everyday.
I think I'll go with that.

:D

biblegirl
19-01-2011, 11:01 PM
I haven't read all you post biblegirl but I just wanted to comment on this..

That is complete rubbish, for the last two years my onions have been decimated by the onion fly :rolleyes:

http://www.garden-grower.com/growing-vegetables/onion-fly.shtml

Why would he say that? To try and enhance what he is saying?

I'm very doubtful bout this, the 'warding off of vampires' was told for a reason.

I DO know that it makes people smell. for 3 years I haven't been wearing any deodorant and theonly time I can smell myself (:o :o) is when I have eaten a lot of garlic or onion the day before.

Thanks for the reply bel. I don't have any more info on that from any source that looks too official, but your link shows that at least one bug doesn't mind haha. I remember when i was a kid and lived in an area heavily infested with mosquitos, my mom would make us kids take garlic capsules, with the understanding that bugs won't bite you if you taste like garlic. I don't know where this came from or if it's entirely true, I just remember the pills tasted awful and made us stinky lol.

billzen
19-01-2011, 11:46 PM
All I know is that Onion and Garlic are delicious. Wouldn't want to get rid of them from my diet. :D

merlincove
19-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Garlic is extremely good for keeping negative entities away :D

Is also good for keeping colds away :D

It doesn't work on snow though :rolleyes:

metacomet
20-01-2011, 04:14 AM
Thanks for the reply bel. I don't have any more info on that from any source that looks too official, but your link shows that at least one bug doesn't mind haha. I remember when i was a kid and lived in an area heavily infested with mosquitos, my mom would make us kids take garlic capsules, with the understanding that bugs won't bite you if you taste like garlic. I don't know where this came from or if it's entirely true, I just remember the pills tasted awful and made us stinky lol.

Hehe, I was told at the Rainbow Gathering in Wyoming to eat garlic cloves to keep mosquitoes away. I didn't test the theory we had alot of tea tree oil, but I knew it would work ... hippies are never wrong with such things.

beldazar
20-01-2011, 08:04 AM

Yes I used to crush up garlic for my dog to keep fleas away. Seems like blood-suckers don't like them, lol. Having said that, my rabbit won't touch the onion leaves and rabbits lige all sorts of foliage. Also I read on another thread that garlic is harmful to birds.
So....maybe it is just medicinal :confused:

queensalizard
25-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Garlic disempowers any psychic connection where the flow of energy is being purposefully arranged beyond its natural divine flow just like swimming upstream vs going with the river.

In many forms of energy work where the practitioner channels the energy for a specific purpose say for healing, information etc, certain foods and even strong EM fields can cause the brain's hemispheric synchronicity to be disrupted. This can prevent the practitioner from being able to "swim upstream".

In the case of vampires:
Since vampires are reanimated corpses, they are functioning through a psychic connection to the dark energies, effectively channeling it...The garlic disrupts this channeling and is uncomfortable to them.

In the case of energy workers:
If you use a lot of symbols and attunements, channeling to entities & guides to heal people, garlic can be disruptive to the process. This is only the case if the process you are using relies on your cerebral psychic connection to the entities, in other words, being possessed temporarily by these entities to effect a healing usually though the 3rd eye and/or crown chakra.

However, if you are acting as a conduit for the energy they are passing on, and if this can only happen if they choose to pass it through you after you have asked for their help, there is really no cerebral psychic connection required and the connection is actually through the heart chakra aka the truth vibration chakra.

So you can see its nothing really to do with dark or light energies...more how the energy is being used...the brain hemisphere desynchronisers like garlic (perhaps) have effect on channeling.

It should be clear that flowing energy by the way of your heart chakra is the safest and cannot be affected by anything outside of yourself....but purely by yourself.

armoured_amazon
25-11-2011, 02:44 PM
I love garlic and onions sooooooooooo much nom nom nom. Have to cook some, now this thread resurfaced. I'm confident they don't hamper my senses at all. :)

queensalizard
25-11-2011, 10:54 PM
I guess we cannot be aware of what we do not perceive...

bjornyvan
26-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Garlic and onion do not damage your spiritual abilities.

Nonsense dogma from idiot yogis however - may damage your spiritual abilities.

quietgirl
26-11-2011, 08:48 AM
I love onions and garlic but sadly they do not love me. They are very high in something called "fructans" (along with, for example, wheat, rye and apples) to which I am quite sensitive (I have IBS). I didn't realise what negative effects garlic and onions were having on my digestion until I cut them out for a couple of months and then reintroduced them. It wasn't pretty...:(

I can't really comment on their effect on spirituality, but the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (founder of Transcendental Meditation) said that they have a negative effect on a person's ability to transcend. He also said they were the equivalent of "using an atom bomb to clean a house"!

Mandy

pepsi78
26-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Garlic and onions are a threat to spiritual darkness.. they enhance benevolent
spiritual abilities. Garlic and onion are banned from some temples and spiritual
communities, because those temples work with negative energy and darkness.

Garlic and onion are very helpful for those that work with Light and love, but
are a threat to those who work with darkness and spiritual negativity, because
garlic and onions work very firmly, almost harshly, to disempower darkness.

Garlic and onions are beings that do not tolerate darkness causing harm.

I got the answer :D to this thread.

Garlic and onions are good for blood circulation, they keep the blood flowing.
Zenists, Buddists and other similar religions do not wish that, since they try to limit anything that has to do with circulation, they want everything still, so it is with the "STILL MIND" the philosophy behind this is that your body and your mind must be still to accive the spiritual practice, it is a spiritual practice indeed, just not my type of spirituality, I don't have a good opinion about it, and I don't think it leads to anything good.

It's why garlic and onions are now allowed in such religions, because they wake up the body, so it is so for the mind and body to be still they must be asleep.

Here is how Garlic and onions improve and have to do with blood circulation, and relaxation.

http://www.organicnutrition.co.uk/articles/circulation.htm
Onion being a close relative to Garlic, increases blood circulation and can relax muscles. Eat daily if you are at risk of heart disease or circulatory disorders.

getmeout
26-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Garlic and onion do not damage your spiritual abilities.

Nonsense dogma from idiot yogis however - may damage your spiritual abilities.

what you eat has a big effect on your consciousness. it's not "nonsense". you don't think there would be a huge difference 'spiritually', between eating meat and eating fruit for example?

garlic, onion and peppers tends to stimulate the lower chakras, especially if there is indigestion. they are good for medicine but may not be the ultimate for 'spiritual practices'

blue2
26-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Onions and garlic have Sulphur in which is good for you but i did read something about garlic being bad for brain,may have saved in my favourites...
here it is and i think it may well be due to candida in brain die off...

http://www.jeffreytsooey.wordpress.com/2010/11/06/garlic-overdose-causes-brain-fog/

lyrag
26-11-2011, 07:32 PM
As somebody who is psychic I can say that food does not effect this ability THAT much, certain foods increase it for me but really only like the way people use drugs for a fast result and the foundations are what is important, i have not found any that decrease it in myself, it is interesting that some of the things listen as potentially dangerous and to damage actually improve it, makes you wonder who is spreading all this stuff round.What does effect it more than the type of food is the amount of food I consume but even this is not big enough to say such a statement that something damages something.
What exactly is meant by 'Spiritual Abilities' Like psychic abilities or how compassionate somebody is??

Although alot of people will disagree, I can honestly say the biggest mistake in regards to what I eat I have ever done is to listen to other people instead of just sitting down with my body and noting the effects of each food that goes in. If you do this, quickly you will realise that infact your teeth and hair dont fall out from not eating certain foods and that your body will tell you when you have had enough of a certain food, you might not crave it again for a long time. You might even want to eat things that are not even considered to be 'normal' foods.

Really I think its all in the mind, this is most likely why some of the yogis or many sadhu 's live on very little food(some of them claim to be breatharians), are happy, healthy and live into their 90's or 100's.
Now if a person convinces themselves enough that they need so many calories a day or so many meals and then forcefully put themselves on a diet for one reason or another, they will see it as having something taken away from them that they need, their mind will not be in a good place, they will either not last long eating that way, or it will turn into an eating type disorder frame of mind where they will think they are risking death or becoming severely ill, or/and feel like a victim and start to show it. Just my opinion.

getmeout
26-11-2011, 07:40 PM
I think this guy explains it very well:

Why Vegetarian? Sacred Geometry and Living Foods part 1 - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm6oCP4EjTY
Why Vegetarian? Sacred Geometry and Living Foods part 1

lyrag
26-11-2011, 07:46 PM
I think its good to think about whether you would eat a food raw. Cooked garlic you could probably eat a whole bulb without any reaction. But not many people could even stand to eat a clove or neat raw garlic.

I love the taste of garlic, but it doesnt make me feel great physically.

getmeout
26-11-2011, 07:59 PM
I think its good to think about whether you would eat a food raw. Cooked garlic you could probably eat a whole bulb without any reaction. But not many people could even stand to eat a clove or neat raw garlic.

I love the taste of garlic, but it doesnt make me feel great physically.

Same here. And eating raw garlic makes me dizzy :p
Great for colds though!

wthree
26-11-2011, 08:10 PM
thought i would point out sulphur hydroxyl doesn't actually exist.

nirvana
27-11-2011, 12:04 AM

They forbid it because it may make people too healthy and the leaders of ashrams etc like to keep something back for themselves. Bit like when I lived at Samye-ling tibetan centre all monks and visitors had to eat a vegetarian diet but the lama's all got fresh meat delivered to them for some reason.

nirvana
27-11-2011, 12:33 AM

Most reiki people i know have allways been very peaceful people. I went to a talk one time while i was thinking of doing the attunements .

Anyway the speaker mentioned lots of positive things about reiki but then said something really confusing.

He said if you put 1000 reiki masters together they can heal whole countries

I mentioned Afghanistan etc and they agreed reiki masters could heal the entire globe if you put enough of them together to meditate.

I asked if reiki masters can heal entire countries why have they not done it.

The reiki speaker told me it would cost too much money to bring enough reiki masters togethers .

WHY?

nirvana
27-11-2011, 12:47 AM
Ok to weigh in some experience on this thread some of you may have seen some of my post where I describe insanely intense insights etc and one hell of a learning curve, I have been avoiding raw onion and garlic (which I love) well earlier I had a cheese and onion sandwhich and was like "fuck it". and Put loads of raw onion in. which I thoroughly enjoyed. :D

It's something I now regret, it definitely had a negative effect on me which is, now 3 hours later, beginning to wear off, suffice to say lesson learned but it is wearing off it doesn't seem permanent (thank fuck for that lol I was worried for a bit) , as for Garlic I have no Idea but I keep getting cravings for it (maybe I'm just hooked lol), in the supermarket I kept walking over to it but kept my discipline ( I wanted to test out what is stated here in this thread) and do it on an individual basis. rather than discuss to and fro.

Just my lil' bit of input.

If you have been avoiding onions for so long and then ate a bit ,you are just feeling guilty may have nothing to do with the onions at all, only the way you perceive your relationship with onions may be the problem.