PDA

View Full Version : End of the World in 2013 Says NASA

piratecooper
17-06-2010, 07:18 AM
Every so often we hear one of these end-of-the-world stories. There's a meteor that's going to hit the earth, or the sun's going to lose its gravitational pull. And generally we can ignore them because they're the calculator speculations of some shed-scientist crackpot.

Today we heard another: The earth is going to be hit by a barrage of solar flares in 2013 when the sun's magnetic energy cycle coincides with its 11-year peak in super-powered-sunspot activity -- but this time it wasn't a maverick amateur making the predictions. It was freakin' NASA.

We think the word you're looking for is "yikes."

The once-in-a-generation occurrence has gone broadly unnoticed in the past but has the potential to destroy all the computer systems on which our modern world relies: Bank accounts, medical records, business records, entire websites and, yes, your Facebook account could all disappear.

The solar flares generate massive shifts in magnetic activity, which could potentially lead to blackouts, communications failing, TV and radio networks disappearing and, worst of all, the Internet and all its awesome websites (like Asylum) vanishing.

Dr. Richard Fisher, head of NASA's Heliophysics Division said, "We know it's coming but we don't know how bad it's going to be.

"Systems will just not work. The flares rapidly change the magnetic field on the earth, like a lightning bolt. That is the solar effect."

Professor Richard Harrison of the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Oxfordshire told the U.K.'s Metro, "The sun is now waking up. It's been very inactive, but there's a lot of debate about how dramatic its waking up will be. It's not scaremongering."

We're sure it's not, Richard. Frankly, we're going to start stockpiling now.
Tags: 2013 - end of the world - EndOfTheWorld - NASA - solar flares - SolarFlares

http://www.asylum.com/2010/06/15/end-of-the-world-in-2013-says-nasa/

moonflower
17-06-2010, 08:12 AM
NASA that bastion of MMGW, which is another load of lies.

"Professor Richard Harrison of the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Oxfordshire told the U.K.'s Metro, "The sun is now waking up. It's been very inactive, but there's a lot of debate about how dramatic its waking up will be. It's not scaremongering.""

No neither it is, the Sun wakes up every switch of the polar solar shift every 11 or so years.

Can they not use HAARP to set of electromagnetic bursts?

M

entropy
17-06-2010, 08:17 AM
I don't believe NASA. This is just fear mongering.

marpat
17-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Every so often we hear one of these end-of-the-world stories. There's a meteor that's going to hit the earth, or the sun's going to lose its gravitational pull. And generally we can ignore them because they're the calculator speculations of some shed-scientist crackpot.

Today we heard another: The earth is going to be hit by a barrage of solar flares in 2013 when the sun's magnetic energy cycle coincides with its 11-year peak in super-powered-sunspot activity -- but this time it wasn't a maverick amateur making the predictions. It was freakin' NASA.

We think the word you're looking for is "yikes."

The once-in-a-generation occurrence has gone broadly unnoticed in the past but has the potential to destroy all the computer systems on which our modern world relies: Bank accounts, medical records, business records, entire websites and, yes, your Facebook account could all disappear.

The solar flares generate massive shifts in magnetic activity, which could potentially lead to blackouts, communications failing, TV and radio networks disappearing and, worst of all, the Internet and all its awesome websites (like Asylum) vanishing.

Dr. Richard Fisher, head of NASA's Heliophysics Division said, "We know it's coming but we don't know how bad it's going to be.

"Systems will just not work. The flares rapidly change the magnetic field on the earth, like a lightning bolt. That is the solar effect."

Professor Richard Harrison of the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Oxfordshire told the U.K.'s Metro, "The sun is now waking up. It's been very inactive, but there's a lot of debate about how dramatic its waking up will be. It's not scaremongering."

We're sure it's not, Richard. Frankly, we're going to start stockpiling now.
Tags: 2013 - end of the world - EndOfTheWorld - NASA - solar flares - SolarFlares

http://www.asylum.com/2010/06/15/end-of-the-world-in-2013-says-nasa/

Like they say, HAS THE POTENTIAL. They are just trying to predict outcomes and businesses will make a fortune trying to harden electronics. Perhaps such things have happened many times before and just never been seen.

ambler1980
17-06-2010, 08:51 AM
This is directly related to the 3rd to 4th density shift, with those who go to 4th avoiding the cataclysms of a 3d earth being bombared with 4d energy...those who are left in 3d apparently get taken to another 3d planet to avoid being destroyed...or they stay behind and ARE destroyed (nothing is ever really destroyed though, merely transfigured)...either way, the fear mongering predictions you are seeing are a direct result of the 3d earth not being able to handle 4d energy, which is at it's apex right now and complete in 2012. This is the worst you'll experience if you're awake. Ignore the fear mongering. Especially from that joke NASA.

anthony1965
17-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Sorry. Stupid scaremongering thread.

NASA didn't say the world would end in 2013. Some sensationalist blogger has put those words in NASA's mouth.There have been lots of threads discussing the issue of possible solar flares and their potential impact.

piratecooper
17-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Nasa
never a straight answer

ecca
17-06-2010, 09:08 AM
''well sure I accept that NASA(never a straight answer) will give us lies, lies, and more lies, but I think that this public statement is different somehow and that they've turned over a new leaf and decided to tell the truth''

alexmcph
17-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Nasa
never a straight answer

I believe this 100% :D

andyh
17-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Sorry. Stupid scaremongering thread.

NASA didn't say the world would end in 2013. Some sensationalist blogger has put those words in NASA's mouth.There have been lots of threads discussing the issue of possible solar flares and their potential impact.

Bang on.
There's been several threads about this same topic now, including one linking to new scientist which of all the places was explaining how the sun is actually very quiet at the moment all things considered.

vladmir
17-06-2010, 10:30 AM
End of the world eh nasa? go fuck yourself.

fairyelfdog
17-06-2010, 11:41 AM
"The sun is waking up.".... I can't wait :)

lewi
17-06-2010, 02:19 PM
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

truestrength
17-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Why is it that all of this shit is supposed to happen around the 2010 - 2013 time frame?

Hell they even made a movie about 2012.

I think they're trying to put a message into our heads.

thorleyart
17-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Y2k mk2

omnisense
17-06-2010, 05:42 PM
When did NASA say its the end of the world? I see nothing saying that from them. Just possible problems with electronic equipment..

standuptothisshit
17-06-2010, 05:46 PM
When did NASA say its the end of the world? I see nothing saying that from them. Just possible problems with electronic equipment..

This essentially.

OH NOES WORLD IS GOING TO END WE WILL ALL HAVE TO GO BACK TO READING BOOKS.

Bit of a difference there to 'everyone on the planet dying'.

phildee3
17-06-2010, 05:48 PM

Yeh.
The end of their world.
Just give me an avacado orchard - I'll be fine.