PDA

View Full Version : How to cure being passive aggressive

radio illuminati
10-05-2010, 01:24 PM
If you are passive aggressive this tread is for you. In this thread you will learn to become more in harmony with your aggressions and let the energy flow naturally instead of storing them up because you think it is polite.

This is a mental fight club. Just be rude and aggressive and have a good fight :D

weeme
10-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Certain personalities like myself find it very hard to be rude or aggressive.

The few times that I have been rude to someone (and only after a lot of baiting), I have felt so guilty that my words just kept running around in my head. It even pops back after months and I feel guilty all over again.

That is one part of my programming (brainwashing?) that I have never been able to get rid of.

I normally apologise and try to think of myself as being the better for apologising. Doesn't always work!!!! :o :D

radio illuminati
10-05-2010, 01:52 PM

The few times that I have been rude to someone (and only after a lot of baiting), I have felt so guilty that my words just kept running around in my head. It even pops back after months and I feel guilty all over again.

That is one part of my programming (brainwashing?) that I have never been able to get rid of.

I normally apologise and try to think of myself as being the better for apologising. Doesn't always work!!!! :o :D

well it is just because you are a coward and find it easier to please than attack. :D

How do you react to this? will you apologies to me or will you attack back?

radio illuminati
10-05-2010, 02:31 PM
And that goes for your too:

If you are not in harmony with your anger you become passive aggressive and you will run into people that will live out your anger for you, so you can be the angel. What you are doing is that you pretend to be an angel that will make them feel they are the worst scum on the planet. You give them negativity camouflaged as kindness.

http://www.121-live-psychic.co.uk/images/angel_psychic_1.jpg

radio illuminati
10-05-2010, 02:35 PM
weeme,

How does it feel to be attacked??

:)

ladygoogoo
10-05-2010, 05:33 PM
OP I disagree.
If that is how you plan to deal with passive aggressive behavior go for it.
But don't counsel other people on that. You are not doing anyone any favors.

Passive aggressive behavior often times is rooted in unconscious, the person
does not feel safe being direct about their needs and how they feel.
They act out. It's textbook.

But how to deal with that issue is not to get aggressive. The person
already has issues of not being heard, or not feeling safe to
share their needs/feelings. Being aggressive will lend itself
right into the animal stand and fight or run away mode.

It's not going to work for most people what you are suggesting.
Then if anyone argues with you you get to attack.
YAWN.

There are plenty of good books out there on the subject should
anyone want to tackle their passive aggressive problem or
go see a real counselor therapist who can help learn new behaviors.
Which takes time. Just offering to go on offensive all the time
is going to create just as many problems as it solves. People
will be afraid to be around this person's aggressiveness,
or they will fight back (the classic push/pushback phenomenon).
I do not recommend this plan to anyone.

Nothing better to do than offer unsolicited advice to vulnerable people?
If you are being ironic then perhaps you have issues with passive
aggressive people yourself and find it easier to be overly direct.

Black and white answers to deep psychological programming
is simplistic and will do more harm than good. I hope people
will ignore this thread.

ladygoogoo
10-05-2010, 05:34 PM

When you get ready to change there are some great books/therapists
out there to help you develop a more effective approach to dealing with
the world. Don't listen to OP.

weeme
10-05-2010, 06:54 PM
well it is just because you are a coward and find it easier to please than attack. :D

How do you react to this? will you apologies to me or will you attack back?

I am no coward, I will defend with my teeth if I have to. Any woman will tell you that they will defend their children unto death. I also have a tendency to protect the underdog.

I am one of those people who do not like to make waves on menial things, small things do add up now and again, eventually wham!, somebody gets it. The scene plays over and over with different scenarios.

Coward. NO!

Try to ignore shitty little things. YES!

tien an
10-05-2010, 07:54 PM
And that goes for your too:

If you are not in harmony with your anger you become passive aggressive and you will run into people that will live out your anger for you, so you can be the angel. What you are doing is that you pretend to be an angel that will make them feel they are the worst scum on the planet. You give them negativity camouflaged as kindness.

Can you expand on that a bit please...I don't get it.

tian an.

size_of_light
10-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Passive–aggressive behavior, a personality trait, is passive, sometimes obstructionist resistance to following through with expectations in interpersonal or occupational situations. It is a personality trait marked by a pervasive pattern of negative attitudes and passive, usually disavowed resistance in interpersonal or occupational situations.

It can manifest itself as learned helplessness, procrastination, stubbornness, resentment, sullenness, or deliberate/repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible.

I never knew what 'passive aggressive' meant until I just looked it up now.

So it all boils down to 'not doing what you're told.'

I always had a feeling that the people who used that term were complete wankers.

seercirra
10-05-2010, 10:32 PM

just want to point out as a psychological possibility. your being upset by the strength of your own words is intrinsically linked to ego. you must think your words are gold plated to have such an effect. i dont mean that in a bad way or mean to cause any offence, is actually a good thing. high self esteem clearly makes people nicer.

michael christopher
10-05-2010, 10:55 PM
The best way to stop being passive aggressive is to become aggressive aggressive.

FACT.

radio illuminati
10-05-2010, 11:46 PM
The best way to stop being passive aggressive is to become aggressive aggressive.

FACT.

Yes I agree. I cured my passive aggressive problem by trying to be more active aggressive. First I faked it, till I got used to it.

Well in this thread you all have to provoke each other and fight verbally. It is not a debate club. :D

subl1minal
11-05-2010, 12:00 AM
I'd rather not go for the bait. Because all people are doing is waiting for you to react, so that they can react and get their fix of being aggressive/right/sarcastic/smart etc. just to please their ego and feel empowered.

I say fuck them and fuck that :D

tien an
11-05-2010, 12:04 AM
I'd rather not go for the bait. Because all people are doing is waiting for you to react, so that they can react and get their fix of being aggressive/right/sarcastic/smart etc. just to please their ego and feel empowered.

I say fuck them and fuck that :D

+1

radio illuminati
11-05-2010, 12:30 AM
Well you just have to fight with each other to blow off steam. Then you will be cured of passive aggressiveness. :)

zen_fox
11-05-2010, 12:43 AM
fuck you im fine the way i am. go teach someone else shit they dont need to know.